OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

3/23/2024 8:57 pm  #61

Re: ODT SUNDAY MARCH 17 ~ SAT MARCH 23

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

3/23/2024 8:58 pm  #62

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

3/23/2024 9:22 pm  #63

I finished😄😄
had to redo a bit, but I’m happy enough now.
I showed the corner pic so you can see how they print the border so it all matches. Went through lots of pins 😄😄it was time consuming! The brown floral around the edge is also what they supply as binding fabric, I left trimming space for Julie, I think the binding gets sewn so I need to not cut off the points - again 🤪

SANDRA I appreciate your getting the phone number for Marilynn to me. Hoping she will come back, it’s been a while.
I got my Midsomer books, started one already. Tonight will be something simple for dinner, he will be tired!

HOLLY & CHERYL the press will print and say what they want, there is a podcast Palace Confidential, also they do TV once a week, one of the British shows, the reporters are the ones that see the family often, have direct conversation with them and form part of a small group who go on visits etc with them and they always refer to her as Catherine OR Princess of Wales. She isn’t a princess - as in Princess Catherine - however she will eventually be Queen Catherine. I think the Kate name came about when the press gave her “Waitey  Katy” , before she became engaged, and maybe using Kate they feel makes her more sellable or ‘normal’ I would hope all those awful comments about her photo editing and all the other weird things that were being said are now making the posters feel regret, but they probably won’t, it’s the thing about Facebook, instagram and generally internet that I hate. Things are written that would not ever be said directly to someone. 
Our news calls her Kate all the time too. However the message sent to her by our PM and others DID use her correct name, it IS one of my dislikes when I hear them talk about her like she is well known to them as Kate. 

I don’t think there is much really known about the Royals in the US, it’s more a Commonwealth country thing, and you would not be expected to  know either, just as we do not know a great deal  about how your systems work 😄
I remember thinking it must be strange to see all the pomp surrounding Q Elizabeths funeral for others where it was expected by us here.

It’s getting warm here, we also just heard scurrying, our resident skink has come into the house for a visit - cheeky devil - hopefully he’ll wander back to the garage by himself.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera