OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

3/21/2024 11:03 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY MARCH 17 ~ SAT MARCH 23

I JUST PUT UP MY FIRST SPRING DOORHANGING AND THE WEATHER ANNOUNCE STORM WARNINGS.  UP TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW COMING STARTING TOMORROW NITE.  YIKES.  I THOUGHT IT WAS SPRING.
LUCKILY MY SON FLIES HOME TONITE SO HE WILL NOT HAVE TO DEAL WITH SNOW TIL HE'S HOME AGAIN.

I AM FEEELING BETTER TODAY SO MY LAUNDRY IS GETTING DONE.  I HAVE A POT OF POTATOES PEELED TO MAKE A LARGE BATCH OF MASHED TODAY.  I LIKE IT FOR SIDES FOR MOST DISHES AND SHARE WITH A COUPLE NEIGHBORS.
SPEAKING OF DISHES, I THINK IN FUTURE INSTEAD OF COUNTRY SPARE RIBS I WILL COOK PORK CHOPS IN SAUCE.  I FORGOT HOW MUCH OF THE FAT I HAVE TO REMOVE FROM THE RIBS.  I LIKE A BIT OF PORK FAT BUT NOT THAT MUCH.  I FEEL I AM WASTING FOOD SO IT'LL BE PORK CHOPS PIZZAIOLA NEXT TIME.
I PUT AWAY MY WINTER DOOR HANGINGS AND TOOK OUT MY SPRING ONES.  I HAVE SEVERAL I CAN CHANGE EVERY FEW DAYS AND WITH EASTER AROUND THE CORNER, I HAVE EASTER ONES TOO.
TODAY I SENT A TEXT TO MTNGAL MARILYN.  SO FAR NO RESPONSE.  I HOPE SHE IS DOING OK.  ITS BEEN A LONG WHILE SINCE SHE POSTED.

ITS SUNNY BUT COLD, ONLY IN THE 20S TODAY.  I STILL HAVE TO TAKE OUT MY TRASH TO THE DUMPSTER.
THAT'S IT LADIES. NOTHING ELSE.  HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (3/21/2024 11:11 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

3/21/2024 1:41 pm  #42

I haven't gotten a reply to my text or call  to Marilynn, either.  Not like her.  But, maybe she's traveling out of the country?  It's possible since she was in remission.  We'll just have to wait...

QB, I think snow is coming here too.  But it probably won't stick according to the weatherman last night.
I'm not surprised.  It's our usual spring weather.  It's the sticking and extreme cold I hate.

Trish, better to fix it  than to do all that work and not have perfect placement.  Will you leave it as a coverlet or layer and quilt it?  I'm assuming that flea in Warwick's ear was YOU.  Haven't  heard that expression, but I like it!     Did John clean you out of your leftovers? Send him here.  Sometimes I wish I had a resident "garbage can".  The real duds, I throw out.  

I've been filing and sorting through endless papers in my office area in the spare room this morning.  I'm an inveterate note maker, jotter, meme collector.  All on scraps of papers, edges of other notes.  Here is one of  my favorites:
                  Family faces are like magic mirrors,     
                   Looking at those who belong to us,      
                    We see the past, present & future.      

Going to get back to what I was doing.
Indy                                                                                                  

Last edited by indyanny (3/21/2024 2:51 pm)

3/21/2024 5:38 pm  #43

Judy, I have to do that sometimes too.  Programs from performances, notes, newspaper articles, how do I collect this stuff?  Thanks for reaching out to Marilynn.  I certainly hope she is okay. 

Trish, it's not funny, but I had to laugh at your description of Warwick.  Glen is the same way; what a surprise since they share the same birthday.  Your Jane is looking spectacular.  

Sandra, I love mashed potatoes!  I could eat them almost daily.  I hope the snowstorm isn't too bad.

We're getting more rain today.  Big thunderstorm early, then light rain, and now more rain.  I ran out after the thunderstorm and threw fertilizer on all of my plants.  Contrary to what some of my students say, I am NOT the Wicked Witch of the West since I didn't melt.  

So, the City of Houston is in a budget crisis.  Not a surprise; most cities are.  They are rebuilding the main road a block away.  It's full of potholes and floods every time someone spits on it.  We've endured weeks of endless pounding as they break up the concrete, limited access in and out of the subdivision, long lines of traffic, etc.  We left (yes, in the rain) to go to a Lenten recital at church.  We drove on the newly paved stretch, and guess what?  It flooded.  Arrrrrggghhh!  Let's spend money and not really fix the problem.  

So, to make my day better, and maybe yours, let's look at some pretty roses.  Someone asked, and yes, these are all from my back and front yards.  I have about 50 rose bushes.  

First up, Reve d'Or, or Dream of Gold.  

This is right outside my front door.  She gets pruned frequently so that the mail carrier can get to the front door without being impaled.

Here is a closeup.

Last edited by Needlecrazy (3/21/2024 8:03 pm)

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

3/21/2024 8:58 pm  #44

Carol, I said pink was my favorite rose, but yellow is a favorite too. Do you have any yellow roses? 

I have been extra tired since the cruise a month ago, but today I got a lot done. I got the new sheets and down comforter on the bed. It's not as full nor fluffy as I wanted, but it would probably be too hot if it was. The sheets felt so good. I took a 3 hour nap today, lol. 

I got the dishwasher loaded, cleaned the oven and finished the laundry. I fixed cube steak in the air fryer for the first time. I overcooked them, but they were still good with brown gravy. I was going to fix mashed potatoes, but had green beans instead.

I hope the rain comes in, as my yard really needs it. I saw the snow headed your way, Sandra. Looks like Patty will get it too.

Sandra, I forgot to comment on Oscar Meyer. He's about the size of Molly. Tom seems to get along quite well and can still drive. Does he have family come visit him?

Last edited by DownSouth (3/21/2024 9:24 pm)

D e v o n n e

3/22/2024 9:24 am  #45

Good Morning to everyone!  It is fairly cloudy this morning, no sign of any sun.  The flowers on my window sill are really blooming, love it all!!  The white flowering tree in my front yard has lost a lot of petals, the ground is really white, but the tree is still pretty.  

I really don't have anything to say this morning, Frank was still asleep when I sat down, so will check on him in a few minutes to see if he is awake.  Must be coffee time.  He picked up some doughnuts yesterday, they were so delicious, I just had one, they are filled with red jelly or jam.  A really nice treat!!

I'm going to sign off, wishing you all well, have a wonderful day!  BJ.

3/22/2024 12:54 pm  #46

ITS A SUNNY AND BRIGHT DAY BUT COLD.  THE SNOW IS EXPECTED LATER TONITE.

DEVONNE.......NO, TOM DOES NOT HAVE ANY FAMILY BUT HE HAS A FEW FRIENDS.  HE VISITS WITH THEM NOW AND THEN AND TAKES ONE OR TWO TO THEIR DR APPTS.  HE'S A GOOD GUY.

I'M SORRY I'M LATE HERE THIS DAY.  I WAS BUSY.  I EVEN GOT MY HAIR CUT, BY THAT WONDERFUL HAIRSTYLIST, QUILTBEA.  LOL.
I HAD SOME CHICKEN AND MASHED AND A SMALL SALAD FOR LUNCH.  I HAVE ENOUGH FOR SUPPER AS WELL.  
I REC'D MY LATEST 2 MIDSOMER MURDER BOOKS TODAY, BOTH HARDCOVER, BUT IT AMAZES ME THAT THE TYPE IS SO SMALL.  I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE LARGER.  I AM STILL ABLE TO READ IT BUT LIKE LARGE-PRINT BOOKS BETTER.

NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT HERE LADIES.  STILL NO WORD FROM MARILYN.  SENT 2 TEXTS AND NEITHER IS MARKED 'DELIVERED' OR 'READ' SO MAYBE HER PHONE IS NOT WORKING OR SHE KEEPS IT OFF TIL SHE NEEDS IT.

HAVE A GOOD DAY LADIES.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (3/22/2024 1:00 pm)

3/22/2024 2:00 pm  #47

Gary came over & I fixed fried cauliflower for him. He won't eat it raw, but loves it fried. It was good!

So sad to hear Kate Middleton has cancer. She didn't elaborate on what kind of cancer/stage. She asked for privacy while she goes thru chemo.

I bought an artificial 7 ft. olive tree for a corner in my bedroom. It just came and I absolutely love it! It's not always you can say you love something you ordered, lol. I have two Amazon items I'm returning next week. 

Last edited by DownSouth (3/22/2024 3:19 pm)

D e v o n n e

3/22/2024 3:24 pm  #48

Afternoon y'all! 

Carol those roses are beautiful.  I have a very brown thumb when it comes to roses.  If it wasn't for my dad I would have killed the ones at our first house.  

DS I had not heard that about Kate!  

Trish love your "quilt".  Can't wait to see it done! 

Been my usual busy.  Tuesday morning I went in to see mom and her door was locked.  Mom does not lock her door because she never leaves her chair, and is clueless that there's a lock on the door.  So some staff member locked her room with her in it!  I was not a happy camper, add to that the bed was not made, she had nothing to drink.... I did remain calm and let them know I was not happy!  I scared poor Luke, he was with me.  He said I am more scary when I am calm!  LOL! 

I got a ton of stuff done here at home over Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday.  I have Easter out, culled through mom's stuff, and made a Goodwill pile!  Thursday I hauled it to Goodwill.  Figured it's 2 days to put it out, since Easter is soon, maybe it will go fast for them.  All good stuff, just don't need it.  Even added some of my Easter stuff! 

Felt good to purge!  I have maintained doing my daily walks.  They keep me sane!  I am struggling cutting mom's visits to once a day, especially after they locked her in her room, with nothing to drink etc.  

Mom has good days and bad days.  Yesterday, she told me I dropped her.  Kept asking what she meant and all I got was her circling her index finger, not at me but just circling it.  Not sure what that meant either!  She can be confusing and confused.  She refused to get dressed, until I told her I would not take her to Bingo in her nightgown.  She got dressed quickly!  She won 5+ games.  We donated to the service group that does this a bunch of her past winnings.  She had a bunch of slipper socks, she doesn't wear them, they still had tags on them, and they were very appreciative of the donation, and the socks went fast!  The other ladies there apparently wear them!  We are keeping a drawer of stuff she wins but won't use, so every so often we will donate the items back!  She has 3 hairbrushes in this pile plus other stuff!  I usually pick for her when I go, I pick the seasonal signs they bring and stuff like that!  She has 2 new spring signs, so I hung one on the inside of her door, the other I will hang outside once Easter passes!  

Luke had 2 tours this week.  More people are doing the tours, he had 11 people today, and they were interested and asked questions.  He is loving doing this! 

Alex found a great Condo, but it would have made his budget ever so tight!  So we will keep looking.  I really liked the place too! 

I will see Sara tomorrow for coffee at Dunkin', not Starbucks.  Since they closed our favorite one, we meet at Dunkin!  

It was 75*+ yesterday and today is in the 50's and raining.  Got my walk in before the rain!  Everything is covered in the yellow pollen, so the rain will wash some of it away, wish it would wash it out of the pine trees!  

Nothing else exciting from my little corner of the world. 

Later my Friends! 

3/22/2024 4:35 pm  #49

Theresa, GA is ahead of us with the yellow pollen, May is our month for it. Sandra, snow, yikes! We’re predicted for over 2 inches of rain and winds tomorrow. 

We ordered pizza for dinner, so good! We only have it once a month or six weeks. I feel sorry for any of you who don’t have access to good pizza! 

Carol do you cut the roses and have bouquets all over the house, or leave them outside? 

When Kate M had surgery, I figured a hysterectomy. Now hearing the cancer dx, maybe ovarian or uterine. 

Anyone with any good weekend plans? We’ll stay in with the weather to be bad tomorrow, and our usual lunch with F and C on Sunday. Such a wild social life we have!

3/22/2024 7:57 pm  #50

GOOD NEWS FROM MARILYN.  SHE'S GOT HER LATEST RESULTS AND SHE'S CLEAR.  ITS BEEN A LONG HARD ROAD FOR HER BUT SHE AND MICKEY ARE DOING OK NOW.
I CONTACTED TRISH TO SEE IF SHE CAN GET HER TO REJOIN SOMEHOW.  I DON'T KNOW HOW THAT WORKS.  

ANYWAY, ITS GOOD NEWS LADIES.
QB SANDRA

3/22/2024 9:22 pm  #51

THANK YOU SANDRA, I just logged on and got your message, not sure if I have the right number for her, I sent you a message, and I have changed her password.
I am so glad you were able to get to her, and very happy she is OK, we do worry!

I forgot to comment on Tom's dog, he is a cutie, those ears, they do look bigger than him LOL so flopped over for a little dog 

I was so sorry to hear that Catherine has cancer, I am hoping she is OK, the surgery sounded a bit like mine, and being who she is they would keep her in hospital longer than my  5 days, she wouldn't want people seeing her in baggy pants, clutching a pillow over her tummy LOL 
Makes sense that they kept her in, and I do hope that the chemo is successful, so young. My surgeon had an oncology team on standby in case of cancer for me, he didn't think it was there, but to be sure they sent everything to test. Looks like hers was not suspected. 
I wonder why the press keeps calling her Kate, she goes by Catherine and has done since well before her marriage,

If she had to sign a document it would be either Catherine Princess Of Wales, or Catherine Wales. I think that Prince Harry refers to her as Kate as well. But if he was my BIL he wouldn't be calling me anything after the way he aired all that dirty linen LOL  

I sewed the borders on my quilt yesterday - all but one - and I am so glad I had Julie to help, it's a bit of a puzzle where to start pinning, and I did have to resew a bit, I will get the last one on  tomorrow, give it a good press and take a pic.  I might get that yardage I bought cut into fat 1/4s this afternoon, and maybe cut the binding and prep it so I can send it with Julie, that way I know where it is!

It's a beautiful day here. We had cool again in the evening, I love that kind of weather,  Last night at the club I had a little tap on my back. I turned and my little Ollie and Norah were there from training , they had come to the club with their mum and dad. Gemma is mum and we are good buddies to work out!  and they were with another girl who used to train too, she may come back.

Tomorrow the family is going to the Easter Show, it's a Megan, W and Dean thing, Gary loves it too. Dean was wanting me to come, I will send him some $$ to enjoy instead.
I went out and got their easter eggs just now. They are going camping, except John, so he will probably spend time with us, and I'll make sure I have enough food for him if he wants dinner.

I will  need to pick up a lamb roast, it's our usual fare for Easter Sunday, I have fish in the freezer for Friday, it's the only Friday we do follow tradition in Lent. I also got hot cross buns, they will also go in the freezer.

I told John already that if he is working on Easter Thursday I will drop him and pick him up -- do people go crazy there too ??  It's usually the biggest grocery trade day of the year, the stores are only closed on Good Friday for heavens sake!! The way people shop you would think it's the end of food supply as we know it LOL

I need to get organised, this spare room is a mess, threads everywhere.! 

Last edited by tricia-anne (3/22/2024 9:23 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

3/22/2024 9:30 pm  #52

I just emailed Marilynn as well, that last address I had for her. So hopefully she will get the messages.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

3/23/2024 6:45 am  #53

I’m back from retreat and will catch up later.

3/23/2024 9:09 am  #54

Great news about Marilynn. She has been on my mind so strong since December! I sent her a text.

Trish, can't wait to see more pictures. Beautiful work! It seems so odd you talking about John working, lol.

I wonder what William calls his wife? Catherine is so formal. I did have a best friend named Christine when younger. She now goes by Chris, but she's still Christine to me. 

Gary learned his disability will start in June. Medicare makes you wait 2 years to start benefits. I'm so over the moon happy for him.

I'm headed over Greg's house. We are going to lunch, but I don't know where yet. We will decide when I get there. 

Last edited by DownSouth (3/23/2024 9:11 am)

D e v o n n e

3/23/2024 9:27 am  #55

Anytime I see Kate M referred to it’s always Kate or Princess Kate. 

It’s teeming out! If it was snow we’d be up to our armpits!

The American Legion in town does a monthly breakfast fundraiser. Ralph went and got us takeout. For $10 each, we got scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, tater tots, pancakes and fruit! Enough for 2 breakfasts each. We’ll have to remember to support them each month. Ralph said there was a lot of people there. 

Janet, I hope your retreat was enjoyable and productive!

3/23/2024 9:45 am  #56

Good Morning, Tracy is still sleeping, so will be quick.  It is pouring down rain here, no wind, so that is good.  It is 49*.  I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will be very brief.  I'm all ready to take my shower whenever Tracy gets up.

I have no plans for the day, so will sign off, wishing you all well, hope you all have a wonderful day, BJ.

3/23/2024 9:50 am  #57

HOLLY.....THAT BREAKFAST SOUNDED VERY GOOD AND PLENTY OF IT.  I AM GLAD YOU WILL SUPPORT THEM IN FUTURE.

TRISH......I HOPE WITH ALL OUR BACK AND FORTH INFO THAT OUR DEAR MTNGAL MARILYN GETS BACK HERE TO JOIN US. I JUST TEXTED HER THE NEEDED INFO YOU SENT ME FOR HER.
THE BEST NEWS IS SHE IS DOING SO WELL AND THERE IS NO MORE BIG C IN SITE.  A VERY GOOD THING. SHE SAID TO SAY 'HI' TO EVERYONE.
I ALWAYS THOUGHT OF THE PRINCESS AS KATE, TOO.  FROM THE NEWS.  MY NAME IS SANDRA BUT I NEVER EVER USE SANDY FOR SHORT.  IT WOULD BE TERRIBLY STRANGE FOR ME AND IT ONLY HAPPENED WITH ONE PERSON, ONE OF MY BOSSES WHO CALLED ME SANDY.  I DIDN'T LIKE HIM AND NEVER CORRECTED HIM.  I WAS SO HAPPY WHEN I LEFT THAT JOB AND FOUND A BETTER ONE.
DID I TELL YOU I RECD 2 MORE CAROLINE GRAHAM BOOKS?  HAVE NOT STARTED A 2ND ONE SINCE I AM STILL TRYING TO FINISH MY SOPHIE KELLY ONE.  MY DAUGHTER, WHO ALSO LOVES THE MIDSOMER MURDER MYSTERIES, IS EAGER TO BEGIN READING THEM.  SHE NEVER READ ONE BEFORE EITHER.

SNOWING HERE.  LOOKS LIKE ABOUT 3 INCHES SO FAR.  THEY SAY MAYBE 6 BUT WHO KNOWS.  IT CAN CHANGE.LOOKS SO PRETTY OUT THERE THOUGH AS LONG AS I CAN STAY HOME. AND I AM.
HAVE A GOOD DAY LADIES.  TILL THE NEXT TIME.
HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (3/23/2024 9:57 am)

3/23/2024 2:59 pm  #58

I just checked my e-mail and heard from Marilynn, too.  She just got home to KY last night from St Louis and another checkup.  As QB said, she's cancer-free.  Hallejulah!  

Nothing much going on here.  In fact, it's time to start supper.  Going to brown a pork steak and finish it in the oven.  Hope you're having a good day.  Sunny and cold, here.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (3/23/2024 3:00 pm)

3/23/2024 4:02 pm  #59

Funny, I had the TV on and the news was shing the Brit headlines, and they all said Kate. 

The rain stopped, the rain gauge said 6 inches! Yikes! Better rain than snow!

3/23/2024 6:30 pm  #60

Trish, your Jane quilt is just going to be awesome.  I went online to see the original.  Wow, a  lot of work is going into that one.    What a good deal you got on your fabric purchases.    Glad you were able to find the fabric you wanted.

I did not know Kate was Catherine!  All the news say Kate.  I do not follow the Royal Family much so I had no idea of her "real" name.  Such sad news for sure.  

Holly, I am not sure we would like the pineapple in chili.  I made a Sweet and Sour Chicken yesterday and Dean said he really liked it but could do without the pineapple in it.   I told him that was the sour part.  

Diane, isn't it amazing how quickly the eye heals? Happy to hear all is going well for you.

Carol, the rose information was very interesting.  I do not do well with roses.  In fact, I kill them.  All of them.    Even the scrub bush ones get so spindly and skinny.   I did have a whole bed of irises but they dreaded Iris Borer bug got into the tubers and I had to dig them all up.

Devonne, I thought you may have been referring to SSI.  I thought that was a program for low income/unemployed people for some reason.  Your Yoshino Cherry tree is so pretty.  Your yard must be very pretty with all the spring flowers/trees in bloom.  My poor daffodils are drooping under the freezing rain.  We did get some snow flurries today but none stuck around due to the warmer ground.  My grand daughter, Abby, and her mom went to East Lansing, Michigan, for a gymnastics competition and they had several inches of snow.

Judy, we have Aetna and I have not heard about any medical facilities around here not taking it.  I have been rather happy with it.  We have had no issues.  Isn't the time period to switch insurance over now?  I thought that had to be done in October or so?  My friend has Anthem and she loves it.  

Nothing else to  mention at the moment.  Warm wishes to all, my friends.

Board footera