OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

3/04/2024 3:05 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY MARCH 17 ~ SAT MARCH 23

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

3/17/2024 3:00 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY MARCH 17 ~ SAT MARCH 23

Just bumping this quickly before bed.  It's 2am here.  Have a great Sunday and happy St Patrick's Day!☘️ ☘️🍀

My eye is healing beautifully, no real pain after the first few days.

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

3/17/2024 4:07 am  #3

Thank you Diane!!

Happy St Pat's day to you all. Hope you enjoy your Sunday, however you spend it.

SANDRA mac and cheese, YUM, so happy for you that was only a small loss, It's fun to win occasionally, as long as the losses are not too great as well.  I was thinking that Mac & cheese is like Tuna Mornay, a  few little differences, but quite similar. 

BJ how is FRANK is he feeling better, did you end up with sun or wind and rain, or both?

DEVONNE sounds like it was a good thing for Gary, and yes, better leave well enough alone with the application for other payments. It can take along time, and then all for nothing.

MARYLOU sounds like a great time coming at your house, lots of baking for you as well, I know you will be making lots of favourites for them all. 

HOLLY I was thinking of you when typing just now, I love this new keyboard, kind of like typing on a flat board, the keys are so low. It just suits me, but you prefer the other kind which I have lots of trouble with  LOL, I know it's because of my nails. They hit the wrong keys all the time, not so much on this one.

I was planning on making a nice cobbler tonight, but got sidetracked time wise putting Jane together, almost done, one more row to attach, and both sides are done, then just put the centre pieces together, there are all sewn, just need to join the 3 sections, i am nervous about cutting the big diamond for the centre, if I wreck it up there is no solution LOL

I wanted to have it all together - except borders - by fridays class, if I can  get the borders on in class, then I will send it home with Julie.
I outsmarted myself, I ordered a wideback that was the right toning - I thought - it came on Friday, OH NO it was a darkish grey, not the beige I wanted, I rang around, and the girls at a store about 45 minutes away took a photo of what they had, it was the same dark one, then about 20 mins later another ding on my phone, they had found the light colour one, and EXACTLY the amount I needed on the end of the bolt. How lucky is that, I drove out to get it, and I also got another 8 fabrics - all reduced to  $5 or $7.50 per metre. So enough for my stack and slash for quilt camp. Shame about the other backing, I will have to find something to do with it. 

I have been reading a lot lately, had a couple books form Julie, and I needed to return them I returned a couple to the library, and also got another, it's not bad, Richard Osman is the author. 

Have you heard about  All The Light You Cannot See, they made a series/movie about it. It is about a blind girl in France in the war. I had to return it, it was just too hard to get into, I have been told the movie version is really good, but not sure I will like it after reading some of the book. The book was on the list for our Higher School Certificate. I don't think John had it last year, must be this years list, it's  one of those books that is supposed to be a best seller,  and won awards etc, just too slow and depressing for me.

It's been quite cool today. A pleasant change from our high humidity.  Maybe Autumn is rally coming =19.5pxafter all 

A friend from sewing group - Claire - had a kidney transplant a little over a year ago She has been bedridden since November,  poor thing has severe disc damage and it's crushing her nerve, she has been is such pain, she is having surgery tomorrow to have a rod into her spine,  Hubby messaged us to let us know she was in hospital already on Saturday  I guess they want to make sure they have ticked all the boxes ready for tomorrow.   

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

3/17/2024 9:08 am  #4

Good Morning to everyone.  Trish, Frank is feeling a bit better, think he's still sleeping right now.  Thanks for asking!!  It is totally still outside, the flag is barely moving, but the white tree in the front yard is lovely.  Did I tell you all I bought a plant yesterday?  Went grocery shopping with Rhonda and fell in love with the gorgeous plant, had to have it.  Don't  know why!  I have so many, hardly any place to put it.

Well, Tracy just got up, still feeling pretty rough from cold.  Gone to let Elly outside.  So I'd better run and  go visit with her.  Have a wonderful day, everyone, BJ.

3/17/2024 9:36 am  #5

Tish, I think part of my keyboard issue is that the computer desk is higher than a traditional desk, so my arms are at the wrong angle for typing. I actually do fine with the virtual keyboard on my iPad. 
Also, remember we were talking about pronunciation of Italian foods? It might have something to do with the region of Italy the people are from. 

Devonne, I’m also wondering about the “other” type of SSI? 

3/17/2024 9:40 am  #6

BJ......ITS  ALWAYS NICE TO GET A NEW PLANT.  BRIGHTENS OUR DAYS.  GOOD FOR YOU.

DIANA......SO NICE TO HEAR YOU ARE DOING SO MUCH BETTER AND NO MORE EYE PAIN.  KEEP UP THE GOOD VIBES.

TRISH........GLAD TO HEAR YOUR JANE IS MOVING ALONG.  SOME DAYS JUST WORK OUT BETTER THAN OTHERS.  ITS GREAT YOU COULD FIND A BACKING YOU WANTED AND THEN TO ADD MORE FABRIC TO YOUR STASH.  ALWAYS A GOOD THING IN MY BOOK.
PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS FOR YOUR FRIEND CLAIRE AND HER HEALTH ISSUES.  I HOPE SHE FINDS SOME EASING OF PAIN SOON.

I HAD TO GET THRU THAT EARLENE FOWLER BOOK FAST.  SPIDER WEB IS FILLED WITH TENSION AND SO MUCH GOING ON ITS HARD TO FOLLOW.  AND THE MYSTERY I EXPECTED WASN'T AS EXPECTED.  MORE PROBLEMS WITH PEOPLE THAN MYSTERY.  I HAD TO SKIP A LOT OF THE BOOK AND WAS HAPPY TO GET TO THE LAST 2 CHAPTERS.
I AM NOW READING DEATH IN DISGUISE BY CAROLINE GRAHAM, ABOUT THE MIDSOMER MURDER SERIES.  WELL, THIS ONE IS A HARDCOVER BOOK BUT THE PRINT IS SMALLER THAN WHAT I FIND IN MY PAPERBACKS.  ITS ALSO VERY DESCRIPTIVE.  SHE GIVES YOU LOTS OF INFO ON THE PEOPLE, WHAT THEY ARE LIKE AND WHERE THEY CAME FROM.  I AM INTRIGUED SO ITS OK FOR NOW.  I WILL SEE HOW IT GOES THRU THE DAY. 

MY SON IS IN FT LAUDERDALE NOW.  HE LEFT IN THE EARLY HOURS OF THE MORNING.  I HOPE HE GETS LOTS OF SUNSHINE LIKE THEY WANT.

ME, I AM HAVING ANOTHER OF MY USUAL SUNDAYS.  JUST FREEZE MY MEATS THAT I BOUGHT YESTERDAY AND THEN LAY ABOUT.  READING FOR THE MOST PART I THINK.  MAYBE TOSS IN A FEW GAMES OF SOLITAIRE.  OF COURSE THE TV IS ALWAYS GOING.
DAY IS NOW SUNNY THO IT STARTED OUT VERY GRAY.  SHOULD HIT THE LOW 50S TODAY. 

WISHING YOU ALL A WONDERFUL ST PATRICK'S DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (3/17/2024 9:48 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

3/17/2024 10:54 am  #7

Happy St. Pat's Day!  That's it for me--no corned beef and cabbage, no anything else for this day.  Howard is a bit Irish, me not at all.  Not that that matters.   I love corned beef and cabbage, potatoes, and carrots.

I was ignorant about the eclipse until Albert called.  I now see what a big deal it is.  We have looked at partials in the past.   Made the cardboard pinhole thingy to see it.   Guess we'll get it on tv...

BJ, buy all the plants you wish.  They're are good for the air we breathe and lovely to look at.  I paid a measely $7 for a kalanchoe a few mos. ago at the grocery store.  I thought it was just a green plant.  Soon, it bloomed with yellow flowers in the middle of winter, then it bloomed again and is still in flower.  Best $7 I've spent in a long while.  Hello to Tracy.  Maybe you can "baby" her a bit like she does you?  

Ooh, Cheryl.  What a bummer for your son.  The taxes, I mean.  Always something, isn't there?  I made your Pasta Fagioli ? (Don't want to look up the spelling).  Made it yesterday and we'll eat it today.  The tastes I did seemed good.  Should taste better today.  Maybe you'll still get to  go out for your anniversary??

We again watched church on TV.  We have  the choice of two time frames, so when we go back, we'll do the 2nd service.  Better for my morning issues.  They're remodeling the sanctuary  so are having church in the gym.  Closer for me walking, but much more crowded, and sitting on folding chairs...until December...they hope!

We have an ins. agent coming tomorrow morning.  Then, Tues., Howard is having a pulmonary function test.  So t'will be Wed. before we can settle down into our usual life.  I HOPE!  Last week showed me that might not happen.  

Rattling and boring all of you, so closing this.  Have a good day.  Oh joy, I just looked out and there are huge snow flakes coming down.  They were predicted, "possibly".  Weather guesser what right!  
Indy
ETA:  I read All the Light We Cannot See several years ago.  At the time, I enjoyed it but can't remember it, much.  I will look up a synopsis of it to refresh my memory as now I'm curious.  
I'm rather a plodder of a reader.  Takes me a long time to abandon a book, but I have done it.  

Last edited by indyanny (3/17/2024 12:08 pm)

3/17/2024 11:27 am  #8

Trish, I also started reading All the Light …. It’s well written and about an important time in history but I couldn’t get interested in it.

Sandra, have you read other Earlene Flowler books?  The ones I have read were good but it has been so long ago that I don’t remember the names of them.

Chlynn, Garden of the Gods isn’t very far from where I live, maybe 50-60 miles. But I have never been there. If we decide to go to a park, we go a different direction to Giant City State Park.

Last edited by Pvillelou (3/17/2024 11:34 am)

3/17/2024 11:30 am  #9

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Molly has an appointment with the vet in the morning at 11:30 for her allergies. I'm glad I have this appt., as she's now limping on her left back leg. Today she won't put any weight on it.

Diane, great news about your eyes!

Cheryl and Holly, there is SSI and SSDI. The "other" I was referring to is SSI. SSDI pays a lot more per month, but you need the work-related years to qualify for the benefits. He gets SSI because he didn't have enough working years.

Cheryl, Hannah and Ben owe Uncle Sam $10,000! Evidently, they aren't taking out enough taxes. $2,500 is a big hit for Aaron.

Trish, can you share pictures of your Jane quilt?

My Yoshino cherry tree is looking great. The first bloom (pictured below) was on March 7th. I will know if these dogwood buds made it if they start opening more. They look ok to me.

Last edited by DownSouth (3/17/2024 11:34 am)

D e v o n n e

3/17/2024 2:10 pm  #10

Happy Luck o' the Irish Day to everyone!  Celebrate whether you're Irish or not, because, you know, we can always use an excuse to celebrate.  

Devonne, your trees are so pretty. 

BJ, if you have room for a weed, you have room for a plant.  In other words, one can never have too many, especially when they're so beautiful.

Diane, great news about your eyes.  Hoping you will eventually be able to be here more often. 

Trish, I too want to see pictures of your Jane quilt. 

I read All the Light for book club.  It was a tough read, but ultimately I did it.  Some authors just spend too much time on the minute details and forget to tell the story! 

Some rose pictures and background for you if you're interested.

Before the Europeans got to Asia, all of their roses bloomed once, in the spring except for Autumn Damask which rebloomed.  The Romans grew hundreds of acres of them because well, you didn't want to tell Emperor Nero he couldn't have rose petals cascading from the ceiling in January.  He probably would have had you boiled in rose oil or pric*ed to death with thorns.  The Damask part of the name derives from its place of origin, the area we now call Syria, capital Damascus, hence the name.  Oh, and the fragrance is the essential rose oil.  Intoxicating!

So, here is my Autumn Damask rose, which is finally blooming 2.5 years after planting.  I also have irises blooming for the very first time.  I've tried for years to get them to bloom. 

Last edited by Needlecrazy (3/17/2024 2:30 pm)

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

3/17/2024 2:15 pm  #11

The Europeans finally explored Asia, centuries after Marco Polo.  They found roses that bloomed continuously!  What a treasure and they brought back "slips," or cuttings.  Two major species are China roses, distinctive for their very spicy scent, and tea roses, scented like green tea.  The forms are also very distinct.  China roses are usually not great cut roses because they aren't spectacular in shape, but a bush covered in them is gorgeous.  The tea roses were eventually bred into what we now think of as roses, the high-centered hybrid tea.  

So, here is one of the China roses.  It's called Mutabilis.  Why?  Because it has different colors of blooms on the same bush.  

Yes, pale pink, dark pink, yellow, and apricot on one bush.  Oh, and it's extremely vigorous.  Two weeks ago, this rose was about a foot shorter and far skinnier. 

Last edited by Needlecrazy (3/17/2024 2:25 pm)

3/17/2024 2:24 pm  #12

The China and tea roses caused great excitement in Europe, particularly England, until the gardeners discovered that the roses needed more sun and warmer weather than they generally get.  If you read English garden books, they barely mention China and tea roses.   However, some people persevered.  When they came to the United States, they often brought cuttings as a reminder of home.  In the northern part of the US, they experienced the same issues with growth habits.  But, when they came to the South, oh boy, did those cuttings take off!  Many families would take cuttings off Mama's bush when she died and plant them on her grave.  Of course, they tended the bushes for years, but after a while, they were neglected.  Didn't matter.  The roses were established.  There are still people who go out to cemeteries and "rustle" roses.  They only dig up a bush if it's about to be destroyed.  Otherwise, they only take cuttings.  

The old garden roses fell out of favor because people wanted the hybrid teas even though they are finicky and require all sorts of insecticides and weird stuff.  Many of these gardeners are very competitive and like to show roses and win prizes.  

There were a few people who clung to the old ways.  One of them was Dr. William Welch, a Texas A&M University professor of horticulture.  He loves old Southern flowers and gardens and has written several books.  Particularly, he loves the roses.  When he visited his wife's grandmother's house in Natchitoches (pronounced Na'-ki-tush, don't ask; it's Louisiana), he found a beautiful rose there.  The gardener didn't know what it was called, so he named it Maggie in her honor.  

Well, of course, someone wanted to exhibit the flower, and the American Rose Society got all huffy and said that it couldn't be exhibited if the grower didn't know the name.  They finally acquiesced and said that the old garden roses could be exhibited under a "study" name until someone figured out what it really was.  Maggie has since been identified as Eugene Marlitt, but most of us still call her Maggie.  

Here she is.  She definitely has some Damask gene somewhere because her fragrance is to die for.  

And Dr. Welch?  He had a student who fell in love with old roses and decided to start a nursery.  Dr. Welch helped him get some financing, and they bought land outside of Brenham, Texas and started the Antique Rose Emporium.  It recently changed hands, and they are starting a new breeding program to hybridize strains of the old roses.  Who knows?  They may accidentally come up with a rose that existed two hundred years ago and disappeared.  In the meantime, they have thousands of roses.  

So, there's your history lesson for the day.  I'll put up some more pictures tomorrow. 

Last edited by Needlecrazy (3/17/2024 2:33 pm)

3/18/2024 9:16 am  #13

Carol, that was so interesting! Thank you! 
Yesterday we had our usual Sunday lunch with F and C. Later we talked to Heather and Ed about his dad, we were all crying on the phone. 

No plans today. I have chili in the crockpot, and I added a can of pineapple chunks to see how it tastes. 

After some really spring like days, it’s back in the 40’s for us.

3/18/2024 9:48 am  #14

Good Morning, it is a beautiful day here, only 42* but the sun is shining brightly and it is so still outside.  Tracy and I are off to see a Dr. I haven't seen in a long time.  She is very nice, I remember that about her.  It is in Seattle, so we have a long drive.  About an hour or more.  Think the appt. is at 11, so we will leave around 9 or so, to be sure we get there on time.

I have on a top I don't remember wearing before.  It is black with scattered bouquets of flowers in pale pink, pale yellow and  white with black centers.  Just lovely!!  Love it!!!

Well, I really don't have more to say, so will just sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

3/18/2024 10:18 am  #15

BJ......GOOD LUCK WITH THE DOCTOR.  HOPE THINGS ARE LOOKING UP FOR YOU. 

MTNGAL/MARILYN......ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE YOU CHECKED IN.  I HOPE THINGS ARE GOING OK FOR YOU AND MICKEY.  ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY TODAY SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY

DEVONNE.....GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR FURBABY AT THE VET'S TODAY.  I AM CROSSING MY FINGERS FOR HER, SWEET BABY. 

CAROL......LOVE ALL THE INFO ON THE ROSES.  ITS A BEAUTIFUL FLOWER AND IN SO MANY FORMS, FROM SINGLES TO BOUQUETS OF BUDS TOGETHER.  AND THE AROMAS ARE SO DIVERSE.  I MISS MY ROSES SINCE I MOVED HERE.

ITS A NICE DAY, IN THE 40S TODAY AND SUNNY.  MY PLANS INCLUDE SOME COOKING.  MY SON BOUGHT ME SOME COUNTRY-STYLE SPARERIBS WHICH ARE THE MEATY TYPE.  I LOVE THEM BUT DON'T HAVE THEM OFTEN.  TODAY THEY WILL COOK IN A RED SAUCE ALONG WITH MEATBALLS.  THE PASTA CHOICE IS STILL UP IN THE AIR.
I AM ENJOYING THE DEATH IN DISGUISE BOOK EVEN WITH ALL THE BACKGROUND SHE DOES.  ITS VERY INTERESTING TO GET INSIDE THE HEAD OF THE PLAYERS.  AND EVEN INSPECTOR BARNABY IS A BIT DIFFERENT.  AND HIS SIDEKICK EVEN MORE SO.  YES, I THINK I WILL LIKE READING THE CAROLINE GRAHAM SERIES OF MIDSOMER MURDERS.

THAT'S ABOUT IT.  TRASH TO TAKE OUT AND COOKED PUDDING TO MAKE TO USE UP SOME MILK BEFORE IT GOES BAD.  
ENJOY YOUR DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (3/18/2024 10:26 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

3/18/2024 11:23 am  #16

Winter here, so to speak.  Big flakes, little flakes, a tiny bit of it sticking.  Actually, I don't mind snow in March since I know it won't stick around long and "when it gets hot, it stays hot for a long time:", to quote a gardening friend of mine.  

Had an appt. here around the table with an insurance man this morning.  We have been warned/threatened that our most used docs and med. center will absolutely  no longer take Aetna anymore after May,  They said, that was set in stone and that we need at to change insurance.  He said, it's about 50/50 at this time if that happens.  So, he showed us some other plans and will come back in a week and we will make that decision.   Of course, this has had me in a bit of a dither.  I hate insurance issues!  

But, now he's gone, I feel free as a bird.  Last week was so hectic, I plan to enjoy this day and do what I want.  Have Cheryl's pasta fagoli all made for supper.  Books are calling me, sewing is calling me.  I'm ignoring the house calling me just for today!  

Lovely, Carol.  Thank you for the rose info.  It fell on mostly  ignorant ears but I absorbed it eagerly.  And the pics...so pretty.  My Aunt Glady grew a cutting from a 100- year-old rose bush and then gave me a cutting of it.  It lasted a few years and then sadly died.  I'm wondering if I could get another from Cousin Susie?  The original was from friends in Lafayette, IN and I have pics of it towering over people standing in front.  You've reminded me and piqued my interest.  It's just that Susie can be so weird....

BJ, hope your doctor appt. goes well.  It's a long drive, but different scenery to see.  Hope Tracy is feeling better with her cold.  Your "new" top sounds beautiful.  I love a black background with florals on it.  

QB, sounds YUM!  I can't remember, do you make your own red sauce or use a ready made?  

Diane, I keep forgetting to say how glad I am you're doing well with the eye surgery, now, after some early issues.  Are  you going to plant your usual amount of flowers this year?    I think your hubby will be around all the time, soon.  That might, or might not, change your plans.   Hugs.  

Holly, will be interesting about the pineapple addition.  Pineapple has such a strong, distinctive flavor but it sounds good.   

Winding this up.  Getting some lunch, then carrying on with no pressure.   No one else coming!  I hope... 
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (3/18/2024 11:23 am)

3/18/2024 2:07 pm  #17

Carol, enjoyed your posts about the roses. Contemplating digging up my hybrid tea roses if they don't do better this year. I would like to plant Wiegela bushes there. They are pretty & need less care. I would need to be careful which ones I buy, as I don't need the ones that get 15 ft. tall, lol. 

Both of Molly's ears were infected and she has a heart murmur now. She gave me papers to read about it. She got an allergy shot to help with her itching, ear drops and Galapentin for her back leg. Sometimes she walks on it and other times she holds it up and limps. This just started Friday. I think it's because she uses this leg to dig behind her ear. A $250 visit! Heartworm test was negative. She may need the allergy shot every month. I have to keep track on how long this shot lasts before she starts digging again. It's so good to see her not digging. She had to be miserable!

We are under a freeze warning the next two nights so I will have to cover up my two trees. It's dropping down colder than when we had the frost warning, I haven't even checked the crepe myrtle trees for buds. 

Judy, I'm ignoring my house calling today too, lol. I placed a grocery order at Walmart that I'll pick up tomorrow at 2:00.

Last edited by DownSouth (3/18/2024 2:12 pm)

D e v o n n e

3/18/2024 3:06 pm  #18

Afternoon y'all! 

Kinda busy this last weekend.  Saturday was Starbucks, mom's, REI, Sam's Club and Target.  Home, to the park for a walk, went to church, back to mom's and home to stay! 

Sunday, was to the park for a walk, Publix, for some reason we like to eat, home, mom's, home to stay!  

Today was mom's, park and home.  Really exciting.  Finally made the Chocolate coconut pie, I was short a major ingredient.  The coconut, had some, just not enough!  It is made and cooling.  

I too am ignoring the house.  I have St. Pat's ready to pack up and put away, I have Easter bins ready to put out.  I have some out, not all.  I have the bins/boxes from mom's house, I will keep what we can put in her room, and keep what I want, the rest will go to Goodwill.  Wish I could keep it all!, just only have so much house!  

Carol my Dwarf Iris is blooming too, only one bloom, white Irises are in full bloom, and very pretty.  I will cover my dwarf Iris tonight, it's supposed to get down to 30* along with the lemon tree. 

Need to get my mind right to purge some of the Easter.  It will be hard, Mom has lots of ceramic Easter decor, along with eggs from Europe and Russia.  They are gorgeous!  I will keep the eggs.  The rest I will give a good going over and decide!  

I did pull Mom's St. Pat's stuff today and started putting up Easter.  The staff loved the door wreath, I bought it at Target last year for Mom's house.  We are also taking stuff from her apartment that can potentially sprout legs and walk off.  She is down to one plate, the rest disappeared, her utensils are gone.  Bought paper plates and the plastic utensils she doesn't open are in her drawer.  No more "real" stuff.  I put her Debbie Cakes in a bowl in her cabinet, the ceramic bowl is here and I found a plastic one here to take it's place!  I shouldn't have to do this!  

Nothing else exciting.  

Later my Friends! 

3/18/2024 3:21 pm  #19

Devonne, the last time Heather had Honey to the vet, she said she could have taken her to Disney World cheaper! 
The pineapple didn’t change the flavor of the chili much. Texan Carol would cringe at my idea of chili! Browned ground beef, chili powder, and stewed tomatoes with basil and onion. Sometimes I put kidney beans in my portion after it’s cooked. I serve it over mashed potatoes. 

I’m kind of ignoring my house, Lisa the house cleaner comes Wednesday so I did tidy up the kitchen so she can clean it. 

Judy, I had to wait an extra two years to get my second knee done because Aetna and my hospital were fighting over the contract. 

3/18/2024 3:48 pm  #20

I'm glad you enjoyed the rose history.  I'm always fascinated by how things evolve.  

Theresa, that's so sad that you can't leave nice things with your mom.  

BJ, glad you got to wear something pretty.  I hope your Seattle doctor visit wasn't too arduous.  

Devonne, hoping Molly does better with the meds. 

Sadly, we're on borrowed time with Bailey.  About 75% of dogs with diabetes develop cataracts.  Yep.  Bailey is the star of the Bad Gene Pool.  Honestly, I really don't want to think about what's next.  We're just loving on her as much as we can and taking everything one day at a time.  

So, the French got into the rose game.  Roses actually serve a vital purpose in the vineyards.  They like the same conditions as grapevines, but they are more sensitive to changes in the environment.  So, many older vineyards have rose bushes planted at each end of a row of grapevines.  If the rose shows signs of needing water or whatever, it signals the grower to take care of the vines.  

Here is an example.  Her name is Cramoisi Superieur, which translated means "superior crimson."  Not a great fragrance, but certainly beautiful and very prolific.

Board footera