OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

3/13/2024 9:34 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY MARCH 10 ~ SAT MARCH 16

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes.  It was a great day.
Retreat was last weekend.  I'm still putting stuff away.

Happy Anniversary Cheryl and the Mr.

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

3/13/2024 9:50 pm  #42

Happy Birthday Patty!
Happy Anniversary Cheryl and Dean! 
since it got warmer, the stink bugs are around! I don’t know where they wintered, but I’ve put two of them outside today. I don’t know their real name, they’re called stink bugs because if you k*ll them they smell terrible. 

3/14/2024 2:51 am  #43

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATTY, hope you had a great day, wishing you a wonderful year ahead !!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CHERYL & DEAN, wishing you both many more happy years together, you sound like us, we DID  go to a special dinner for our 50th anniversary LOL

INDY it's funny, the paint I kept saying was either Pigs Bristle or Hogs Bristle, weird name, it's very like a colour around years ago called Driftwood, a nice light beige.  I just could never remember knew it had something to do with pigs/hogs though. I doubt their bristles are beige LOL I'm glad we found the list I had made, made it easy to get the paint the right colour, you would never know it had been repainted (that wall ) 

It still smells a bit like paint here, they don't add vanilla to the paint SANDRA - it's the woodwork paint that smells, it's a gloss, and they always smell a bit.  I am looking forward to a day off tomorrow, the Mr will be bowling, Pete will be at work, and I may not even get dressed till lunchtime ! We had leftovers tonight with eggs/milk over them, baked into a frittata, I had nothing else planned, saw we had eggs, and baked veggies so raided the fridge and pantry and added sausage and spring onion. It was nice!

HOLLY we have/had stink bugs too, the kids used to knock them out of the trees out the front, haven't see any for a while now. 

I just finished undoing one of the sashings for Jane, good job I did, I found a couple diamonds out of order, maybe I better spend tomorrow making sure they all all correct, it will be noticeable if they aren't as the whole quilt is symmetrical. 
I am still recovering from my 2 days of doing nothing, it seems to tire me out more than being busy.

See you tomorrow, the windows and doors are wide open, beautiful breeze blowing in after a hot day. I love it when that happens. I'll leave the back door open all night, hopefully it will cool the house down.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

3/14/2024 8:47 am  #44

Good morning! Nice and sunny out! While Ralph was at breakfast with the Veterans, I puttered around. Tidied up the kitchen- there’s a counter under all the clutter! Made a couple of phone calls, shredded and recycled some paperwork, remembered to have breakfast.

Theresa, I was watching a show where they were interviewing young people running for state offices. They talked to a young Georgia man who said he grew up in St John, isn’t that where you live? 

This weekend is St Patrick’s Day, which was Big Ed’s favorite, and the family always got together in silly outfits. It will be bittersweet for them. 

3/14/2024 9:37 am  #45

Good Morning to everyone!  It is a fairly still day with the sun shining bright.  I'm wearing red today, seems strange to have on red pants and a red print top, but it will get me through the day.   I had a lovely surprise last evening.  Larissa came to see us.   What a strange thing to happen.  We had a really nice visit.  She will be leaving late today.  She brought her German Shepard with her.  He's a very nice dog.  Well, he just walked by, guess she is up.

So I'd better quit here and go visit with her.  She's so sweet, it's lovely to have her here.  Have a wonderful day, everyone, BJ.

3/14/2024 9:51 am  #46

WELL, THE DAY IS WARM ALREADY.  WILL HIT THE 50S TODAY.  MY HEAT IS OFF, MY WINDOWS OPEN AND I'M IN SHORTS.  HOW UNUSUAL.

WILL BE SHORT TODAY.  NOTHING TO SAY.  USUAL DAY FOR ME.  OH, YES, I WON A WHOLE 25 CENTS AT BINGO.  ITS GOOD TO BE ON THE PLUS SIDE EVEN FOR A QUARTER.

I WILL GO OUTDOORS TODAY AND SIT IN THE SUN A BIT.  WATCH THE RIVER AND SEE WHAT'S STARTING TO BLOSSOM IN OUR GARDEN.    I MAY TAKE MY BOOK ALONG WITH ME.

HAVE A NICE DAY LADIES.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

3/14/2024 11:32 am  #47

Our grocery store had a smart marketing idea. They set up a display in the dairy aisle, next to the butter and cream cheese. The display had copies of the recipe for candy Irish potatoes, powdered sugar, coconut, vanilla and even hand mixers! 
We just made the candy, I did the mixing on my big mixer, and Ralph rolled them into balls. They are in the fridge now, and when they are firmed up he can roll them in the cinnamon (Shop Rite also had cinnamon in the display.)

I have a bunch of windows open, it’s so nice out!

3/14/2024 12:54 pm  #48

Marmorated stink bug is one of the “real” names.  We have lots of them.
And Holly is right, they stink if you startle them and squish them.  They say they stink like that when they do the “wild thing”. lol. Oh and if you vacuum them up, they let loose in the bag!

3/14/2024 1:25 pm  #49

Happy PI day! 

Holly I live in Johns Creek!  You got the John right!  

Trish we have windows and doors open here to warm up the house!  Also keeps the furnace off! 

Beautiful day here!  It's almost 80*!  

Our stink bugs have emerged too.  Can't wait for the Joro spiders to emerge so they can have their fill of them.  Bees too!  They were everywhere at the park today.  One of my dog friends is afraid of them and wrapped herself around her owner trying to get away from one!  Poor baby! 

Another of my dog friends is moving to Tennessee tomorrow.  He is being given to his owners daughter along with another of his dogs.  He is keeping his blind dog (Tucker).  Loki is the name of the dog going, along with Speckles.  I will miss them.  Loki about pulls his owners arm out of the socket when he sees me.  He is such a sweet dog. 

Usual day.  Mom's, the park and a side trip to Starbucks.  Today was BOGO drinks from noon to 6.  I got hubby his favorite and got me something too!  Home, we did mom's laundry today and I folded her stuff.  Waiting on 2 shirts to finish drying outside.  They are mostly dry, just the armpits need to dry!  I pulled supper stuff out and pulled out a new pie recipe!  It's out of the cookbook that Dawn Wells wrote!  

Need to go through my pie together, it has to cook and chill.  It's called Consolidated Chocolate Coconut Pie!   Sounds yum.  Figured it was past time to make something from this book.  

Nothing else exciting!  Later my Friends!    

3/14/2024 3:47 pm  #50

Theresa, I just remembered it wrong, he is from Johns Creek, he’s running for your state senate. His last name is Ramaswami, I wondered if he went to school with any of your kids. He looks about 12, LOL, but must be older to be running for office. 

I put cinnamon in a bowl and was rolling the candy in it, one by one.Ralph came along, put a dozen in a container, shook cinnamon over, put the lid on and shook the container. He did the whole batch in no time! I can’t believe I never thought of it! 

We finished up leftovers for dinner, emptied some containers. Cleared some room in the fridge.

3/14/2024 5:07 pm  #51

Diane, I hope your eyes are improving. Did you have surgery on both eyes? Hope the pain is better for you.

It was 80 here today, our warmest day of the year. I helped Emily move her craft stuff from a smaller storage building to a much bigger building. They are storing furniture in the smaller one. 

SS is only paying Gary back pay Nov 2023 to present, as that's when he turned 55? Also something to do with LTD. He can appeal, but his attorney advised him not too. She said it would be starting all over again. He isn't going to appeal. He's just happy he was approved!

I haven't seen any stink bugs yet nor lady bugs. We had a big problem with lady bugs at our last house. Someone told us they are drawn to white houses. 

Marylou, your schedule sounds busy. Good for you!

Last edited by DownSouth (3/14/2024 5:20 pm)

D e v o n n e

3/15/2024 8:16 am  #52

Good morning!
Doing ok. We just plod along the best we can.
Don't have another eye appointment for 8 weeks! Yea! Sure is better than every 4 weeks as at first.

A tip I head was to write paint in for with a marker on the back side of a light switch cover in each room. Don't know where I picked that up. Made a lot of sense. Maybe that is why I have never done it. Said it was also handy for next homeowners.  We don't paint very often.

Hate stink bugs too. Tried to flush one a while back and it took 3 flushes to get it flished.

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY WISHES . sorry MIA and missed being timeely.

Still need to go back and read last week. I have been spending too much time reading a series of books.

I have gotten real lazy about getting on laptoo. Easier to post on it and do email. Been lax on bith.

Thinking of everyone. Prayers.............

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

3/15/2024 9:36 am  #53

Good Morning, it is 40* outside, but what a beautiful day, The sun is shining and not a breath of air is moving.  Just gorgeous outside!! Sky is a mixture of blue and white.  Just took Frank his coffee, he's not feeling very ambitious this morning, thought he might stay where he is for awhile.  Told him it was a good idea, since we have nothing to do.

I have no plans for the day, so will just sit here and play on the computer, not very strenuous!!  Well, I have nothing to say, so will just sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

3/15/2024 11:49 am  #54

GOOD DAY FRIENDS.  WAS NOT GOING TO BOTHER TO CHECK IN BUT THEN THOUGHT BETTER OF IT.  WHEN I DON'T YOU LADIES WORRY ABOUT ME.  I DON'T WANT YOU TO WORRY.
WILL SAY GOOD MORNING.
PLAN TO MAKE MAC N CHEESE TONITE SO SON CAN HAVE SOME BEFORE HIS TRIP TO FLORIDA ON SUNDAY.  THEY ARE GOING TO CELEBRTE THEIR 1ST ANNIVERSARY.  AND THEY LOVE  MY MAC N CHEESE AS DOES EVERYONE ELSE HERE THAT I SHARE WITH SO I WILL MAKE SOME.
GRAY DAY HERE TODAY.  NOT SO BRIGHT BUT WARM ENOUGH.
HAVE A GOOD DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

3/15/2024 11:51 am  #55

Good day all.
We had terrible tornadoes in my area last night.  Thank goodness my area only had severe thunderstorms but 90 minutes west of us had 4 tornadoes touch down.  At least 6 people killed and many injured.  So sad and of course, the worst hit area was a mobile home/RV park on  Indian Lake.  It was totally destroyed.  We had hail and lightening and thunder but no tornado.

I had my CT cardiac scoring test today.  Easy peasy. Hopefully nothing is found.  My doc just wanted to have a look since my family history is terrible with heart issues.

Devonne, it is smart of Gary not to try for more money in back pay.  He is fortunate at his age to get the disability as it is most difficult to get it these days.

Well, I have brownies in the oven and my timer went off, so I had better go.  TTYL

3/15/2024 12:11 pm  #56

Cheryl, wow! I didn’t realize Ohio was a tornado state! 

Another nice day here, in the low 70’s and sunny. I put together the top of another table runner, then we went and got haircuts. Stopped at 5 Guys and brought home burgers for lunch. Now we’re both settling in. 

Linda, what series are you reading?

3/15/2024 1:23 pm  #57

JANET DAULEY THE TYLERS OF TEXAS. 6 BOOKS IN SERIES. RECOMMEND READING IN ORDER. I ALSO LIKED THE CALDER SERIES. 11 IN THAT SERIES AND 3 IN THE CAULDER BRAND SERIES.. THESE ARE NOT LIKE SOME OF HER BOOKS THAT WERE SAME STORY, DIFFERENT LICATION AND NAMES. GOOD IDEA TO READ THE CAULDER BOOKS IN ORDER.

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

3/15/2024 11:07 pm  #58

Cheryl, I'm glad you checked in. I was wondering how close you were to all these tornadoes. 

Marylou and Judy, any damage in your states?

D e v o n n e

3/16/2024 5:52 am  #59

Devonne, yes, there was some damage in Illinois but not near me. The storms seemed to be heading straight for us then went farther north than expected. I don’t think damage was nearly as widespread as in some other states.

Is anyone else in the path of the upcoming eclipse?  We will have about 4 minutes of totality. Lynn and David are both planning a visit home that weekend so they can see it.  They have both told me to have a to-do list ready so they can help with things I can’t do.

When I got my mammogram the other day, the tech sort of scared me when she said she needed to do an extra view. I was afraid she saw something but I guess it was because they have to be careful with compression near my pacemaker. Then as I was leaving she told me good luck instead of saying goodbye. But, thankfully, the report was normal and repeat in a year.

Things keep changing with our upcoming retreat. We have a small group going, only seven. Last week, one person said she will have to leave early because a medical test she needs was rescheduled. Then yesterday, another person cancelled completely because her grandson will be home for an extended visit. He is in the marines and has been deployed for several months. We will miss both of them but understand. There are two people who have recently joined our group and are considering going to retreat if they can work out their schedules.

Janet, when you go to a retreat, do you like to start a new project and work only on it?  Or do you take more than one?  I like to take several in case I get tired of working on something. This time, I have blocks completed for three quilts that I hope I get sewn together. The retreat center has design walls so I will be able to plan the layouts much easier than using my “design floor” at home. I have a week to finish getting everything ready to go, including fixing some food.

Last edited by Pvillelou (3/16/2024 5:55 am)

3/16/2024 8:20 am  #60

I'LL BE QUICK THIS MORNING.  MY SON SHOPS TODAY AND I MADE MAC N CHEESE LAST NIGHT SO I AM IN GOOD SHAPE FOR HIS LUNCH.  
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE TORNADOES.  WOW, THAT WAS CLOSE FOR A COUPLE OF YOU.  GLAD YOU ARE ALL SAFE. 
SHOULD BE NICE TODAY.  I WILL BE READING AND THEN WATCHING A MARATHON OF HUDSON AND REX FROM NOON TIL 8 TONITE ON UP CHANNEL.  I LOVE THAT GERMAN SHEPHERD COP.  HE'S A BEAUTY.  LOOKS LIKE MY YANKEE A LOT.

HAVE A GOOD DAY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Board footera