OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

3/11/2024 10:54 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY MARCH 10 ~ SAT MARCH 16

It’s so cold and windy here! Everyone on the street’s trash blew all over. 

We went food shopping this morning, glad to have that done with! 

I’m making something called Monterey Chicken Spaghetti for dinner, with Caesar salad. 

Janet, I love that quilt! Carol, you sure are sewing/quilting up a storm! 

I’m reading Susan Mallery’s new one, she’s one of my favorites. 

3/11/2024 10:59 am  #22

CAROL.....THATS A LOVELY QUILT.  YOU DO WONDERFUL WORK.

TRISH......I REMEMBER THAT MOVIE WITH THE TINY VILLAGE.  I LOVED SEEING THE VILLAGE ITSELF.  SO ADORABLE.  THE ENDING WAS UNEXPECTED FOR ME.
I HAVE A FEW FAVORITES OF M MURDERS.  ONE IS A BOOK I AM GETTING, DEATH IN DISGUISE, WITH THE BOY WHO WOULD NOT TALK AND THE UNUSUAL FOLKS AT A COMMUNE-STYLE PLACE.
ANOTHER IS WITH GRAHAM CROWDER WHO I ADORE AND HUGH BONNEVILLE FROM DOWNTON ABBEY TITLED RING OUT YOUR DEAD.  HAVE YOU SEEN BLUE HERRING WITH HIS AUNT IN A CONVALESCENT HOME?  THAT'S ALSO A GOOD ONE. 
I FIND THAT THE NEW CHIEF INSPECTOR IN THE CHIEF'S ROLE IS GOOD.  HE PLAYED A LECHEROUS GARDENER IN ONE EARLIER MOVIE AND THEN TOM'S COUSIN JOHN IN BRIGHTON, ANOTHER INSPECTOR, WHO SOLVE THE CASE TOGETHER.  IN THE ONGOING STORY LINE THEY MAKE JOHN THE NEW INSPECTOR IN MIDSOMER WHEN HIS COUSIN TOM RETIRES. 
MY FAVORITE PAIRING IS BARNABY AND JONES.

DEVONNE.....LOVED THE PICTURES OF YOUR TRIP.  WHAT AN AMAXING SHIP.

LINDA......GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DOCTOR'S APPT AND EYE CARE TODAY.  THUMBS UP.

JANET......WITH ALL THAT'S GOING ON WITH YOU ITS A GOOD THING YOU ARE TAKING SOME TIME AWAY FROM HOME.

I JUST FINISHED A DIANE MOTT DAVIDSON'S STICKS AND SCONES.  IT DRAGGED OUT SOOO MUCH I HAD TO SKIP A CHAPTER HERE AND THERE TO FINISH IT. THE ONE I AM STARTING TODAY IS MEG DONAHUE'S DOG CRAZY.  SHE'S A GRIEF COUNSELOR FOR THOSE WHO HAVE LOST A BELOVED PET.  ITS A MURDER MYSTERY.

ITS A SUNNY DAY HERE BUT VERY WINDY.  I AM WONDERING IF WE WILL LOSE POWER FROM A TREE LIMB'S FALL.  I HAVE LEFTOVERS ENOUGH TO GET ME THRU THE DAY IN ANY CASE.
STAY SAFE MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S  

Last edited by quiltbea (3/11/2024 11:09 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

3/11/2024 3:06 pm  #23

We are under a frost warning tonight. I'm concerned about my dogwood tree buds. It's the only dogwood tree I planted and I don't want the buds to freeze. I'm going to put a light sheet over it and use some chip clips to hold it on. Same with my Yoshino cherry tree. 

Carol, I love this quilt. You are so talented! Do you put it on a design wall before you sew the blocks together?

Took Greg to his oral surgeon this morning. They had to do a bone graft because he didn't have enough bone for the implant. They will do that in 2 or 3 months once the bone graft heals. He had a crown there that fell out. 

I get to stay home until Friday when I have a Lifeline screening. Once a year, they come to my little town. They check for carotid artery plaque, which doctors don't seem to do. 

I came home and fell asleep watching tv, lol. Dinner is going to be a caesar salad with cottage cheese & peaches as a side dish. 

Last edited by DownSouth (3/11/2024 3:08 pm)

D e v o n n e

3/12/2024 3:38 am  #24

So sorry the wind and cold has come back, we have heat - still LOL - had to have the A/C off most of the day, the front door wide open, so it would have been useless, when they were almost finished I asked would it be better to have the air on to dry off the plaster, YES!! So happy me, I happily turned into on!!
They did a good job, 2 young men, one was the apprentice I think, I made banana bread, and made Anzac biscuits this morning, put a big plate out, he finally said to me (he worker, not apprentice ), 'they look really good but I'm fasting'. I forgot it's Ramadan, it's also Lent fasting for Maronites - turns out he was fasting for Ramadan, and I asked would he like to take some home, he jumped at the chance as he could eat them after sunset. If he was maronite he wouldn't be able to eat them as they are sweet LOL

Hopefully tomorrow the painters will be able to eat some.

I got a couple rows of sashing on, I did sort through a big pile of magazines, and tossed out a lot. also watched a few episodes of Midwife while I did those things.

Tired tonight - we got up early, they could have arrived at 7am, but didn't till 8 !

DEVONNE hope Greg is OK, that is a big thing to have done. It was nice of you to take him.

CAROL did I say already, that quite is gorgeous, I love the way you design it to have all different size blocks.

SANDRA I am now reading some of the Alexander McCall books, Julie gave me a couple. I got a notice from the library as well, they have another one on hold for me, I had cancelled it, so will have to get to the library tomorrow and sort that out. i have another to pick up anyway.

I didn't realise you don't eat tuna mornay, it's been a favourite here for many years, "an oldie but a goodie" my mum used to make it once a week, 

Recipe Tin Eats  has a good recipe for it on her web site. so easy, feeds a crowd, and is economical as well, I sometimes use canned salmon in place of tuna.

https://www.recipetineats.com/tuna-mornay-casserole-pasta-bake/ 
She has a video as well as the recipe, and many notes usually. to explain why she does it this way.

I found the list we had made when we had the painting done,

Lesson to all, keep the name of the paint used, the shade and anything added. i was sure we did Hogs Bristle 1/4 strength in the hall, and 1/2 strength in the living, turns out it's 1/4 everywhere. Plus I had the type of woodwork paint and shade as well.
Glad we found it, they can usually match it, but it's good to have the exact brand, today's guy told me if we have the info they will buy the same paint. Today they didn't bring any skirting, window frame timber or plasterboard, they just purchased what they needed, makes sense, they don't need to cart around lots of stuff. 

Time for me to hit the sack, I am part way through a good book so want to read a little before lights out.

Last edited by tricia-anne (3/12/2024 3:41 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

3/12/2024 9:18 am  #25

Good Morning, it is 8:11, so I'm up early, have done my exercises and am dressed and made up.  Frank is going to coffee this morning, someone will be here to pick him up.  It is fairly still outside and very cloudy.  I have a tree in my front yard that is filled with white blossoms, so pretty.

I believe I got a note from Trish Weekley and I didn't thank here.  That was very nice of you.  My mind isn't working too well, so don't remember to do things like that.  The plants on my window sill here in the office have buds on them.  Love it!!  They will bloom securely in a few days.

Well, I really don't have anything to say this morning so will wish you all well, hope you have a wonderful day, BJ.

3/12/2024 9:55 am  #26

​Less windy today. We went to breakfast at the diner, then to the library to swap out books. =26pxWe’re both feeling slightly jet lagged from the time change.
No big plans for the rest of the day, read, cross stitch and maybe nap. Leftovers for dinner. 

3/12/2024 10:13 am  #27

Tv for me today and a salad for lunch. I need to sew the Christmas blocks together I made for G&E, then I can start on another project. I need to get motivated. 

Greg is fine, Trish. He said he didn't have any pain at all. 

I never made it out last night to cover up my dogwood buds, so hope they survived the frost. 

I tried three food items on the cruise I've never had. Grilled salmon, Boh Choy and Kiwi. I will stay with salmon patties and green cabbage. Not a Kiwi fan.

Trish, I learned to keep the name of the paint years ago...the hard way I might say, lol. 

Last edited by DownSouth (3/12/2024 10:16 am)

D e v o n n e

3/12/2024 10:22 am  #28

SORRY TO BE LATE THIS MORNING.  I WAS HERE EARLIER BUT PUTER FROZE WHEN I TRIED TO OPEN A SITE.  HAD TO RESTART.

LINDA SAID TO SAY HELLO.  SHE HAD AN EYE APPT YESTERDAY AND NEEDS TO REST TODAY.  SHE'S DOING WELL OTHERWISE.

DEVONNE......I HOPE YOUR TREES DID NOT GET DAMAGED BY FROST.

TRISH......ITS GOOD YOU WERE ABLE TO USE THE A/C TO COOL OFF A BIT.  HOPE THE WORK MOVES ALONG QUICKLY.
I WILL CHECK OUT TUNA MORNAY LATER.

SUNNY AND BRIGHT HERE TODAY AND WIND HAS DIED DOWN.  NICE DAY.
THEY TESTED OUR FIRE AND SMOKE ALARMS THIS MORNING.  WHAT  A RACKET.  WHEN I HAD MY DOG WE WOULD LEAVE THE BUILDING TIL THEY WERE DONE.  TODAY I JUST REMOVED MY AMPLIFIER FROM MY EAR AND IT WAS TOLERABLE.
I WAS GOING TO MAKE BURGERS AND FRIES FOR SUPPER LAST NITE BUT A NEIGHBOR BROUGHT ME SOME PORK CHOP AND STUFFING WITH GRAVY FOR SUPPER.  I THINK IT CAME FROM A FROZEN DINNER.  DID NOT TASTE LIKE NORMAL MEAT AND STUFFING.  I KNOW SHE USES FROZEN MEALS FOR SHORTCUTS AND RARELY ACTUALLY COOKS FROM SCRATCH.  I AM NOT A FAN OF FROZEN MEALS.  BUT I WILL NOT HURT HER FEELINGS.  I JUST ADDED BLACK PEPPER AND ATE IT.  NOT TOO BAD.
SINCE I HAD TO USE UP MY GROUND BEEF LAST NITE, I DECIDED TO MAKE UP MY BURRITO MIX WITH IT INSTEAD.  IT WILL KEEP TIL TONITE FOR BURRITOS.  I'LL HAVE A TUNA SANDWICH FOR LUNCH.

STAY SAFE MY FRIENDS.  DON'T OVERDO ANYTHING.  ENJOY WATCHING MOVIES, READING, PUZZLES AND SOME OF YOU, SEWING.  TIL TOMORROW.....QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (3/12/2024 10:29 am)

3/12/2024 2:23 pm  #29

A few more nice days like today and I will be asking someone (probably my brother) to come move my swing that is stored in the shed to the patio!  I will also be calling the guy who mows to let him know my grass is about ready to be mowed. With the time change and it staying light later, I will soon  be able to drive to Sunday evening church services and Thursday night yoga class.  I love spring!

It’s a fairly busy week for me.  As well as exercise class three afternoons and Monday morning money-counting at church, there are several more things on this weeks agenda.  I spent this morning giving a friend a lesson on machine appliqué for the quilt she is making. I have a mammogram scheduled for Thursday morning and an oil change in the same town in the afternoon. There will be enough time between those appointments for a bit of shopping I need to do and to have some lunch out. Then Saturday is a birthday party for my 6 year old great nephew. He requested to have his party at a Mexican restaurant!  I have retreat coming up in a couple of weeks so I also need to be organizing projects to take.

Last edited by Pvillelou (3/12/2024 2:26 pm)

3/12/2024 3:09 pm  #30

Afternoon y'all! 

Well the last of the SC property is gone!  We got up Wednesday morning, had breakfast and hit the Sam's club near the hotel.  They have items our Sam's no longer carries!  To Starbucks, we were both dragging!  To the closing, and after the closing we both realized the weather guessers really pulled one over on us.  It was supposed to be mid 60's, by 11 am it was already 70*.  We were hot.  We saw a Goodwill store on the way to the closing and stopped there.  Got some t-shirts, and shorts for Luke.  I found a couple t's and a snoopy Christmas cup.  ( I know y'all are shocked)  We ran to Walmart, which we saw near Sam's and near where we planned to eat lunch.  I got some shorts and socks.  All I had with me was knee highs!  Lunch then off to the Zoo.  It was pleasant and relaxing.  We saw some nasty looking clouds headed our way so we left the zoo and headed homeward.  Had some nasty rain and temps dropped dramatically.  Good thing our jackets were easily reachable!  We got home safe and sound! 

Thursday, was just busy getting the stuff I needed to bake for 2 Birthdays!  I made mom, Chocolate cream cheese cupcakes.  They were a hit.  Made Sour cream pound cake for my MIL!  Cooked those on Friday! 

Saturday, was Mom's Birthday, she turned 91.  My Dniece and her son came.  I got us food from Firehouse Subs, they let us use an activity room, and we spent about 3 hours with mom.  She loved it and was tired!  But it was a good tired.  I did go back that evening to make sure she was still good.  She was talking to anyone who would listen about her Birthday!  

Sunday we drove up to Rome, GA for my MIL's Birthday.  We have to take 2 cars since we no longer have a van.  Hubby stopped off at the Varsity and got us food, and Frosted Orange's.  YUM!  We spent several hours there and back home. 

Yesterday, the time change really hit me hard.  All I wanted to do was go to bed!  I did get my walk in and a run to the grocery store for a few much needed items.

Today was just a draining day.  Went to see mom.  The mobile Dentist was at her facility, and they were just bringing her back from seeing him.  She was really confused this morning.  Asked where she was and when she was going home.   Wanted to know where I lived and more.  I spent a good deal of time with her this morning, trying to make sure she was OK.  I will see how she is this evening when I go for my evening visit.  That would be a rapid cognitive decline, so something else is going on with her.  I'm hoping she was just tired.  

I went for my walk, then home, pulled stuff for supper, and came to the laptop to pay a couple doctors bills.  Such fun.  I also did some minor cleaning.  I'm trying to figure how to cut back on the visits to mom, but she is the master of guilt trips!  At 91 she has had many years to master it!  We're thinking a early to mid afternoon visit and call it done for that day!  Do that a couple days a week so I will have my evenings free to stay home, and enjoy my house and family.

Nothing else exciting from my little corner of the world! 

Later my Friends! 

3/13/2024 3:34 am  #31

THERESA I am so happy for you, I know there is still a lot to do, but that must feel like a huge weight off ((((hugs))))

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your mum, maybe she is not getting enough fluids, it seems to be a problem with older people, they don't want to drink too much and then they become foggy.

MARYLOU we are having really hot weather still, so if you follow us you should have that swing up for a good while LOL I am done with mammograms, AND pap smears, YAHOO!! That is great for me, I CAN have the mammogram, but don't need to unless I notice something.

SANDRA nice that someone brought you something, Like you I don't enjoy the frozen meals much - I find them too salty, and not much protein, OK in a pinch and I would get one with pasta. Like a carbonara They used to be fairly good, but the standard has really slipped. Enjoy those books, I didn't get to the library today, too late when the painter left.

The painter was an unusual character, I wasn't happy with his going out to smoke all the time, and had really strong sweet odour when he came in again, I stayed in the spare room as much as  possible, I suspect he was smoking some kind of sweet cigarette OR dousing himself in cologne to mask the smell, it did smell  a bit like pot, but he had clear eyes, so I don't think so.. Never smelt anything like it before, and strong enough to mask the paint smell LOL 
He was quite late, and took a long time to get started, wanted to talk all the time, I was hoping he would finish by midnight at one point. He did it all however, and left by 5pm. He did make a bit of a mess in the yard, some paint got onto the grass, the other stuff he cleaned up properly. All the mess is contained in big bags, waiting for their cleaners to pick up, I'll cal them tomorrow, I want it gone sooner rather than later.
The finish is very good though, it all looks good, been a long time, but finally finished.

We will move the china cabinet back on the weekend. I currently have a bowl of chopped onion in water to remove some of the paint smell

I am tired tonight, at least I got all the stashing onto the Jane rows already sewn together, and sewed the last row together, so now I just need to mark them all and get it all together. I played a little with the border fabric, I think I need advice from Julie for that one, there is a class on Friday week. 

Heading to bed with my book, enjoying it so far, tomorrow I will take one back and pick up another. I have 4 I need to read!! Better get moving.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

3/13/2024 8:11 am  #32

I'LL START WITH THE SPECIAL WISHES BEFORE I FORGET.
PATTY......ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY TODAY.  HAVE A HAPPY ONE.

CHERYL.......ITS YOURS AND DEAN'S ANNIVERSARY.  ARE YOU GOING OUT?  HAVE A GOOD DAY.

NOW ONTO THE DULL STUFF....
ITS SUNNY AND BRIGHT AND I AMAZED MYSELF BY SLEEPING THRU TIL 9 AM.  FELL ASLEEP ABOUT 4 AM AND WOKE TO SEE THE CLOCK AT 7 BUT JUST CLOSED MY EYES AND I WAS FAST ASLEEP TIL 9.  MY DEAR SON WAS STARTING TO WORRY ABOUT ME NOT TEXTING HIM.  HE'S OFF TO WORK EARLY SO I ALWAYS TEXT HIM AROUND 6 TO 7 A.M.  NOT THIS MORNING.  IT SURE FELT GOOD TO SLEEP THOSE 5 HOURS STRAIGHT.  HOPE I CAN DO THAT AGAIN.  
ITS BINGO TONITE SO I HOPE I COME HOME WITH A BIT OF A WIN.  ITS NO FUN TO LOSE EVERY WEEK, BUT SOMEONE HAS TO I GUESS.

PATTY......YOU AMAZE ME WITH ALL YOU GET DONE.  YOU ARE ONE BUSY BEE ALL THE TIME.  KEEP UP THAT ACTION.  HOPE YOU DON'T SLOW DOWN FOR MANY YEARS.

THERESA......A SNOOPY CUP?  YES, THAT'S A SURPRISE.  I BET HE WAS HARD TO RESIST.
YOU DID SO MUCH.  HOORAY ON THE CLOSING AND HOORAY ON THE TRIP TO THE ZOO.  I WOULD LOVE TO GO TO THE ZOO.  THEY ARE SO AMAZING THESE DAYS COMPARED TO MY YOUTH WHEN THEY WERE ALL IN CAGES BEHIND BARS AND NO EXERCISE.  WE'VE COME A LONG WAY IN BEING HUMAN.
I AGREE WITH TRISH ABOUT THE WATER FOR MOM.  MAYBE SHE IS NOT DRINKING AT NITE SO SHE DOES NOT HAVE TO GET UP AND GO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NITE.  WE NEED TO HAVE FLUID FOR OUR ORGANS AND BRAIN IN THE EVENINGS SO WE DO NOT GET BONKERS.  I TRY TO REMEMBER TO DRINK A GLASS OF WATER BEFORE BEDTIME.  I WANT TO BE CLEAR-HEADED WHILE I STILL CAN BE, BARRING DEMENTIA.

TRISH........A TIP ABOUT THE ODOR OF PAINT......STIR IN VANILLA IN THE PAINT CAN TO KILL THE ODORS.  I WONDER YOUR GUY DIDN'T KNOW THAT ONE.  BUT AT LEAST ITS DONE WITH.  GOOD FOR YOU.

THAT'S IT FOLKS.  LATE GETTING STARTED THIS MORNING.  DIDN'T EVEN HAVE MY SHOWER YET.  I PLAN ON TOSS SALAD FOR BRUNCH.....NO BREAKFAST THIS MORNING.  I'LL MAKE A BATCH OF POTATO AND EGG YOLK SALAD FOR SIDES.  I STILL HAVE BURRITO MIX TO FINISH UP SO MAYBE THE PORK CHOPS WILL GET DONE TOMORROW.
HAVE A GOOD DAY MY DEAR FRIENDS.
I AM THANKFUL FOR ALL OF YOU BEING HERE TO BOUNCE OFF IDEAS AND HEAR MY WOES.
I AM THANKFUL FOR A BRIGHT SUNNY DAY TODAY.
I AM THANKFUL FOR A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP WHICH DOES NOT OFTEN HAPPEN.
STAY SAFE LADIES.  HUGS FOR ALL. QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (3/13/2024 8:29 am)

3/13/2024 8:41 am  #33

I don’t like the time change…. Because it’s dark in the morning at the time I usually would go to the gym.  I don’t drive in the dark.  Otherwise the time changes don’t affect me at all like it does some of you.
    Retreat can’t come fast enough.  One of the regular gals has a family emergency and she can’t come. 🙁 the woman who runs it got a sub.  I’d rather leave it the way it was but she did t want her to lose the money.  Had I known sooner I would have been willing to personally refund her money just so we didn’t have to have a newcomer, who btw I don’t really care for.  Hopefully it will be ok.
    I just got 4 quilts back from the long armed and they did a great job.  I’ll take pictures later.

3/13/2024 10:16 am  #34

Good Morning, it is a beautiful day outside.  Very still and the sky is so blue with lots of white clouds.  It obviously rained overnight, which is fine with me.  It is 40* outside.  I have no plans for the day, just feeling lazy!!  I've already changed my shirt.  The one I had on was just too warm, so I've changed to a bit lighter one.

Well, I have nothing to say so will just sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, BJ.

3/13/2024 10:56 am  #35

Good morning!

Despite the time change, despite ever really noticing the time change, I've been waking up earlier than I have to. 🤪  I think it's my eye letting me know it needs some of the lubricant drops. 😉  Speaking of which, my eye seems to be healing nicely and I see the doctor on Friday.  There has been surprisingly more stinging, burning, and actual pain with this than I expected, but it's much better and was generally fleeting.  All more than worth it if I can see better! 

Thank you all for your kind words regarding my eye procedure! --  Was it Patti or Cheryl who had welts from an eye drop?  Yikes!! Rarly in my disgnosis, I went through a lot of drops before finding one my eyes could tolerate.

My sister is one who hates the time change.   She loves DST, but grumbles about springing forward.  Other than the light, my hubby and I, as well as our son, never really notice. 🤷🏼‍♀️.

Oops! Gotta run!  Back later

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

3/13/2024 11:32 am  #36

Happy Birthday, Patty.  Have a nice day.  I think you're still "retreating"?  If so, you can hit your hubby up for your birthday when you get home.  Yeah?

Yesterday, Dave called, wanting to go to lunch with H. on Friday, That wouldn't work so he said he could do it "today". (yesterday).  H. agreed, so I had some alone time.  Yippee!  ML called, not knowing this, and asked if I'd like to go to Kohl's with her, to get out for a bit.  So, of course, I did.  She made it so I still had my time alone at home and we passed H. on the side road coming  home.  It was 70 and sunny and we're amazed at all the flowers and new growth already happening.  It's at least a month early.  

Happy Anniversary, Cheryl and Dean.  Hope you two Love Birds enjoy your day.  

Theresa, I can't believe it's finally over, all things considered.  I do think you should try that plan of once a day visits. Besides the fact that  you've given a year of your life for all this and it's impossible to  make it like it was for your Mom and she might never understand why, the best way to take care of her is to take care of yourself.  Nothing new, but true.  

Hang in there, Janet.  Just a few more days til retreat.  Remember Charlotte?  I had fun, hope you did too...

QB, glad you got some good sleep.  It's good to shake up your son once in awhile.  You don't want to be too predictable!     Kidding, of course...

Devonne, hope your little trees made it.  Sounds like Greg is in good hands.  Hope he heals quickly and can move on to the next phase.  Keep resting up.  Soon you'll be good as new.

Trish, 'Hog Bristle' sounds like an interesting color!   Gave me a laugh.    One of Mary Leigh's paint colors was 'Soap Opera', a nice warm white for trim.  Her main color was 'Capiz Shell' a warm greige.  Why I remember her paint color and not my own, who knows?  Odd about the sweetish cig. smoke smell.
I would have guessed marijuana, too.  Not that I'm a expert, but have smelled it while walking on a sidewalk behind someone smoking it, once.  Nice to have Julie to fall back on when something is tricky.

Well, better go.  I can piddle away a day with most anything and need to do some things.  And we may go to another Kohl's.  I looked for some jeans of which I know the brand, size, etc. and there was not one pair, yesterday.  Good old Kohl's!  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (3/13/2024 11:32 am)

3/13/2024 2:59 pm  #37

Afternoon y'all! 

Patty: Happy Birthday! 

Cheryl:  Happy Anniversary! 

Mom was better last night.  I think she was exhausted, yesterday morning, from being awakened earlier than usual so she could see the mobile dentist.  

Today was uneventful.  Love those days.  Went to see mom, to the park to walk, and home.  Doing laundry and pulled weeds in the front yard.  Nobody will notice, there are so many.   It's the reddish/brown kind that gets a tiny white flower.  It comes up before the grass turns green.  We have a bumper crop this year.  I filled a bucket with what I pulled.  Most of them had roots, that is good.  Since I wasn't here last year not as many were pulled so this year there's more than usual.  I just picked an area, put my bucket down and pulled till I saw no more in that area, walked away then saw more. 

Supper is chicken Lazone, we love it!  I think the boys would eat it every week, at least once a week if not more!  I agree it's good, but have to not make it all the time so we don't get tired of it!  

Warm here today.  Wore my capri workout pants for my walk.  It was almost too warm for them.  I have laundry hanging on the porch, some of it is already dry.  Nice breeze too.  Puppy's door is open to let in some warm air.  The house is a bit chilly, but toasty outside. 

My white Iris' have started to bloom, my jonquils are done.  The deer are eating my daylilies despite the Irish Spring soap.  So deer repellant is next!  Wish the neighbors would stop feeding them!  I won't go into that soapbox of mine!  LOL!  

That's all from my little corner of the world!   

Later my Friends! 

3/13/2024 5:39 pm  #38

Happy birthday, Patty! Enjoy the retreat.

Happy anniversary, Cheryl! Hope you have a quiet evening.

Gary got my front yard aerated and the 3 in 1 fertilizer out. Robert, my next door neighbor, saw us out there and came down to talk. He let us use his spreader. Standing there talking, I started losing my balance (on a slight bank). I tried to regain it, but down I went! Gary saw me on the ground & jumped off the mower. Robert helped me up before he got there. No clue why I lost my balance. The bones in my feet are very weak. I was so embarrassed, lol! 

Theresa, Judy said what I would say. Get your life back. You have done so much already. One time a day is enough. I think Melena only goes to the nursing home once or twice a week! I know for certain she doesn't go every day. 

My backyard has more dandelions than it's ever had. I need to buy more 3 in 1. It took more for my front yard than the bag said it would cover. There's also a bunch of purple flowers. Greg's best friend said it's called Henbit. 

I have some chicken in the air fryer and broccoli in the microwave. My fur babies seem to be happy the kids are gone. They must have went in and out the front door over 100 times. I kept getting Ring messages on my phone, lol. They go out the front door, thru the backyard gate, thru the patio door...then it starts all over again, lol. I guess it keeps them from being bored, lol! I asked Caleb how he likes school and he said he doesn't like learning. I told him that's what makes you smart!  He evidently doesn't pick up after himself at home, but I made him get his food wrappers and put them in the trash.

Last edited by DownSouth (3/13/2024 5:55 pm)

D e v o n n e

3/13/2024 7:58 pm  #39

Thanks for the anniversary thoughts!  It is year 48 for us!  Some days it seems like 48 years and others it seems like yesterday we got married.  Where do the years go?  We did nothing but greet each other with "Happy Anniversary,  love you" lol.  We are so boring.  W e will go out to dinner with weekend.  Heaven forbid we go out during the week 
It was a gorgeous day, sunny and 70 degrees.  Talked with my SIL in Denver and she said they are expecting 2 feet of snow the next couple of days!   I hope it does not come east!

Devonne, I hope your trees are OK.  I am worried about my hydrangeas and lilacs since they have budded and I know snow is not done here.  We almost always get an Easter snow.

Amelia had her first school band concert yesterday and they did not plan well for it.  It was in a tiny gymnasium and the 5th and 6th grade bands were seated on the floor.  They did have a few chairs out for wheelchair or handicapped people but there were too many people for that little gym.  Over 110 kids in the combined bands and I am sure each one had parents, siblings and grandparent there.  They  had people standing along the walls.  It was the "Winter Concert" and it was 80 degrees in there.  Dean and I  watched Amelia's 5th grade do their songs and then we went out into the hallway to get some air.  I don't usually do that as I think it is rude to the next performers, but I sure did last night.  We were not the only ones either, so I hope next year the school plans better for the concert.

I made a beef stew and some dinner rolls for tomorrow and I just took it out of the oven.  I hope it cools down enough for me to put it in the refrigerator tonight.  I don't usually go to bed until midnight so I think and hour or two should be ok.

Diane, I hope your eye heals quickly.  They usually do but blurry vision is such a hard thing for sure.  Yes, I had the hives/welts from that new dry eye medication nasal spray Tryvaya.  Now I am just using regular lubricating eye drops a few dimes a day and especially in the morning when I first wake up.

3/13/2024 8:20 pm  #40

Judy- I remember it well!

Board footera