OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

3/04/2024 3:06 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY MARCH 10 ~ SAT MARCH 16

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

3/09/2024 10:53 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY MARCH 10 ~ SAT MARCH 16

Hi! Sorry I went missing again! I had the cornea surgery/procedure and my vision is still blurry and I'm even more light sensitive, but it will get better. Back when I can! Not able to read right now, computer time is still very limited.

Last edited by tricia-anne (3/10/2024 12:01 am)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

3/10/2024 12:01 am  #3

THANK YOU DIANE I do hope you can see better after this latest procedure ((((hugs))))

DEVONNE I went back a had a good look, I think it's a Friendship Star pattern, with the triangles laid out so the fabrics will match across, have another look, very effective, I do like it, I will play more with a drawing when I have time next week. 

I made a couple banana bread loaves, and will do the biscuits tomorrow, then I will have enough to give some hungry workmen something  with a cuppa  LOL --- never hurts to have a little something to offer them, as long as I can keep the Mr from talking to them all will be well. I want this done ASAP !

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

3/10/2024 2:10 am  #4

Do you know it's impossible to use the scroll/keypad on a Mac laptop with a bandaid on your index finger? I had to use my middle and ring finger. That was weird, lol! I cut my finger yesterday with a knife trying to cut a sweet potato. Couldn't find my potato peeler (it was in the dishwasher, lol). 

Diane, I'm glad your eye surgery is behind you and you can start healing.

Did I hear my Iphone message right? It's been in the 70's here. I just got a freeze warning for my area! 

Judy, I won't post my review here in case others start watching it. I'll send you a PM tomorrow. I love her hair too! I really loved the Cedar Cove series.

Thanks, Carol. I was looking for an easy pattern to use up what fabric I have. This pattern may not be the "easy" one I need. I would need larger pieces of fabric to cut on the bias and I'm giving up quilting so no more fabric purchases. I want to use my stash for my last quilt.

Trish, this is what I thought it was (Google picture). Sorry for the deaths that seem to have come all at once. I looked up Tuna Mornay and that is a dish I would like. I am getting back on my low carb eating after this week.

Last edited by DownSouth (3/10/2024 2:15 am)

D e v o n n e

3/10/2024 7:23 am  #5

Trish- he still hasn’t decided whether to take the truck or not.  We are going to look at it tomorrow.  It’s a lot of money for a “toy”. 
And yes, the propane issue has been repaired.
  Rained most of yesterday, but warm.  Of course I had to make the dump run (my job 😵‍💫) and the grocery shopping so I was pretty wet by the time I got home.  Today it’s sunny but super windy and cold. 
   Retreat is a week from Tuesday and frankly, I can’t wait to get away. This one is in NC about 2 hrs from here.

3/10/2024 7:26 am  #6

Devonne- I’m sure someone said this already but those blocks are HST.

3/10/2024 9:08 am  #7

Janet, do you not get your trash collected? 

I saw a recipe where you add a can of pineapple tidbits when you make chili, has anyone ever heard of that? I may try it. I don’t put beans in my chili due to Ralph’s allergy, but sometimes I heat up some chili beans on the side and add them to my plate. 

Time change, ugh. And today is Heather’s first day of day shift! 

I finally watched the Barbie movie. I thought it would be all fluff, but it really had a message to it. I enjoyed it.

3/10/2024 9:49 am  #8

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is a windy, rainy day here, think the rain may have stopped, but not the wind!!  Tracy is still sleeping and assume Frank is also.  It is 44* outside.  The computer says it is 8:45, but my phone says 7:41, not sure what time it is.

My plants on the window sill here in the office are budding.  Quite pink! It is lovely having Tracy here, she is so much company, love it!!  The computer says rain is coming, lovely!!!  I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will sign off.  Hope you all have a lovely day, BJ.

3/10/2024 11:20 am  #9

DIANE.....SO GOOD TO SEE YOU POSTING.  GLAD THE SURGERY IS BEHIND YOU SO YOU CAN START HEALING.  GOOD LUCK GIRL.

TRISH.....I THINK ONE OF THE BOOKS I ORDERED, FAITHFUL UNTO DEATH BY CAROLINE GRAHAM IS A MIDSOMER MURDERS THAT I NEVER WATCH AS A RERUN.  I DID NOT LIKE IT THE FIRST TIME AROUND.  I HOPE, IF IT IS THE SME ONE, IT READS DIFFERENTLY FROM THE MOVIE.  THEY USUALLY DO.

I JUST WANTED TO CHECK IN SO YOU WON'T MISS ME.  ITS A LAZY DAY FOR ME.  ITS A RAINY AND WINDY DAY SO NOT MY KIND OF DAY.  A DAY TO READ AND WATCH TV MYSTERIES.  I MADE TUNA SALAD SO I DO NOT HAVE TO COOK TODAY.  LAZY, LAZY, LAZY.
BE SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (3/10/2024 11:23 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

3/10/2024 11:30 am  #10

DEVONNE......JANET SENT ME THIS TO POST.  DEVONNE.....ITS MADE WITH HSTs.

QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (3/10/2024 11:31 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

3/10/2024 3:09 pm  #11

Thanks Sandra. The blocks are super easy to make.  These were made from 10” layer cakes by Moda.  You place a beige on top of a dark.  Stitch precisely 1/4” all around and then cut an X. Open and press. And you have 4 HST.
Holly- no trash pick up around here.  There are two dumps about 15 mins from here where you can bring household trash, appliances, furniture, yard debris, recycling etc.  No tv’s.  No charge.  They keep it neat and tidy.

Last edited by Missmommy (3/10/2024 3:14 pm)

3/10/2024 3:31 pm  #12

Beautiful, Janet! We didn't have trash service for years when we built. We had the option to get it, but Billy wanted to save the money. I finally signed us up. You must be in a really remote area. Do your neighbors have acreage as well, or do you know/see any neighbors, lol?

I have to leave at 7:45 in the morning. I am NOT an early morning person. Greg is having dental surgery and I'm his designated driver. I will be a zombie by the time I get home, lol. This is when they do surgeries.

Judy, sent you a PM. 

Here are a few cruise pictures. To be such a big ship, it never felt crowded, even on the first day. 

Greg and I thought the "pearl" was wasted space. Each section is an individual tile and they rotate, change colors. It's how you can get to the Pearl Cafe. I got a delicious maple doughnut here.

Where Carter liked to hang out. We got a really good cheeseburger here. This is where the candy shop is and the arcade. The games are not free!

I felt like I was back in the 70's, lol.

One of our favorite areas...a lot of people liked to read here and get the view.

The elevators were amazing, never crowded and so easy to use.

The carpet was plush and beautiful at the elevators.

That's it, folks! Not loading you up like I did the last time, lol. We spent a lot of time playing ping pong. I haven't played in years, but did really good!

Last edited by DownSouth (3/10/2024 3:53 pm)

D e v o n n e

3/10/2024 3:39 pm  #13

Hi, all.

It was in the high 80's last week.  Cold front came through on Friday night and now it's in the 50's.  Back to sweatpants and shirts for gardening. 

Trish, so many tragic things happening at once.  Prayers.

Hoping Dianne feels better and can come back to us. 

Devonne, I think you could do it this way if you want to be more scrappy.  

Each unit is a 4 1/2" rectangle and 2 2 1/2" squares.  Sew like this picture and trim the seam allowance to 1/4".  I marked the seam line in red so you could see it.  

You end up with units like this.  

Then you can play with the layout.

You just have to be careful with your layout so that the triangles on one unit match up with the center square on the next unit. 

Last edited by Needlecrazy (3/10/2024 3:42 pm)

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

3/10/2024 3:41 pm  #14

It could be a fun scrappy project.  The only reason I thought of this was because I'm currently doing friendship star sashing on a comfort quilt for Pinecone whose husband died.  She was on the old HGTV board, and apparently she is in the FB group.  It's another Lisa/Carol project.  I don't like friendship stars because I think they look wonky, but it's what Lisa really wanted, so I said I would get this done for her.  

Anyway, it's the way Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Company puts the sashing strips together.  

3/10/2024 4:03 pm  #15

Thanks, Carol and Janet, for the pictures.

I hope to try this with some scrap fabric later this week. 

Carol, thanks for telling us about Pinecone's husband. I'll send her a message. 

D e v o n n e

3/10/2024 4:31 pm  #16

Good early evening all.
It is cold and rainy/sleet/snow today.  Dean and son Anthony went hiking for a while but I opted to stay home. 

I did some paper work for my Aetna insurance and that took a while so nothing else got done.  Now what to fix for supper......  Same decision every day.  
The time change had me confused this morning for sure.  I usually remembered but not today.

Sending well wishes for those in need and hello to everyone!!

3/10/2024 6:40 pm  #17

And here is another completed project.  It's for my friend Dawn who is a huge Astros fan.  She's been through so much the past few years.  

3/11/2024 3:35 am  #18

It's almost bedtime, we were late home today, the funeral was amazing, the music was rock music from the 70s, played loud, he loved all that music, and wanted it. 

Really unusual, but made it such celebration of his life, we all loved it.

Home late, we were all going to just stop in to the 'wake' but Rita wanted us to stay and eat, then we decided we would go and get some lunch but she told us to stay, they were bringing out scones jam & cream and fruit platters. So we didn't get home till 4pm (the service was 10am LOL )
Her sons have been tasked with trying to get her to come with us to the UK in July, she wants to go, but is a very nervous traveller, we hope she will come, we will make sure she is looked after, she would room with her closest friend Paula, although Paula is going separately a few days earlier, so Rita would travel with us.

SANDRA I looked up that book, I remember the episode, some were not as enjoyable. It was an OK one, not the best though. My favourite one was with Olivia Coleman, she played the murderess, it was in a village with a Tiny House village in it, the first murder was the man being tied down in the Tiny Village like a giant. With the little people all around him. Taken from that story Gulllivers Travels ????? Can't remember the name. 

CAROL  that is a fabulous quilt for an Astros fan, she will be wrapping herself in it ((((hugs)))) well done.

And great for explaining the blocks to DEVONNE I was thinking it was similar to the pic showing the ruler cutting diamonds, maybe I have diamonds on the brain, 
It is of  course the 1/2 square triangles as JANET showed, I love the block, and doing it like that is so pretty.
It is doable with a jelly roll, but the cutting needs to be done with one of those ruler Bonnie Hunter uses, with the lines marked of 2 1/2"  strips. I don't like them much, they don't leave room for much error. and sewing on the bias is a bit challenging at times. I did a whole quilt like that once, and swore I never would again, I'd rather cut squares bigger sew 1/4" from the middle on both sides, then trim them. 

Thanks for the pics DEVONNE , it was a big ship. Those lifts were great!

My sis will be home tomorrow night, I can't go see her, the builders will be here next couple days, so hope I can see her on Friday. 

I want to do some sewing tomorrow, fingers crossed they don't want all the power off, it will be a long day otherwise LOL

Maybe I should charge up the portable charger, I can use the iPad then, AND my phone.

I just watched the Memorium on the Oscars, Andrea Bocelli sang, it was lovely. So many familiar faces now gone. That is a wonderful thing they do each year, my favourite part.

Hoping to get here tomorrow!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

3/11/2024 5:32 am  #19

I didn’t watch the Oscars. 
We haven’t been to the movies since before Covid.  IMHO, I prefer all the old movies.
Bad night last night.  Fortunately I have very few. 
I don’t like it being dark in the morning with the time change. 
It’s very cold and very windy here. 
I’m trying to get my things together for next weeks retreat and can’t seem to wrap my head around it.  There have been so many interruptions…contractors, DH, etc.
Did I mention that I really need to get out of here for a few days? Lol

3/11/2024 9:41 am  #20

Good Morning, it is a strange day here, very cloudy most of the time, but every once in awhile, the sun comes and everything is so bright.  Very strange!!  I have no plans for the day, got a puzzle out and dumped out of the box, but there it sits, I may have some sense today and get it straightened out.

Such a very strange day, right now it's cloudy again.  Well, I have no plans so may just get moving.  Will send my best wishes to everyone, hope you all have a good day.  It is 43* right now, BJ.

Board footera