OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

3/05/2024 9:49 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY MARCH 3 ~ SAT MARCH 9

Good morning everyone.  Hope you have a great day.
Carol, there will be a package coming your way.

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

3/05/2024 9:53 am  #22

Cheryl, do you pronounce it the Italian way- pasta va-zool? 
Sandra, lots of restrictions on the new drivers. No driving after midnight, only one non relative passenger, and I don’t know what else.

Trish, we’ve had photo licenses for years, this is some kind of security enhanced license.

A dreary day, to be a dreary week. Big Ed’s funeral will be down the shore area, about an hour from us. 

I made waffles and bacon for breakfast, so I will skip lunch. 

3/05/2024 10:04 am  #23

Yes, pasta Fabiola is with white beans.  Can’t remember who asked about it.
  Real ID licenses with the red star were supposed to go into effect before Covid and got delayed to 2024 and then again to 2025.  We didn’t do it when we renewed last time because we didn’t care to gather up all the stuff you needed.  Online renewal was just a matter of paying the fee.  Our new licenses are good for 7 years or maybe 8
As I understand it you will still be able to fly, go into government buildings etc with a regular license and a passport.  I could say something political here but I won’t.  🤐
   Holly did you have to do the eye exam? 
We have to go to Lowe’s for some trim limber?  I have to order a new cooktop.  This one is down to only one burner that works and one that works when it feels like it. Haha.

3/05/2024 10:05 am  #24

Did I mention I have another retreat coming up in a few weeks?  We have been doing this for 6 years.  Looking forward to it.

3/05/2024 10:37 am  #25

Good Morning to everyone!!   Hope you all are doing well.  It is a bright and beautiful day here, only 31* but the sun is shining, a very slight breeze.  I have no plans for the day so will spend some time on the computer and then watch TV.  May go out to sewing room and try to start something.  I tried yesterday, but couldn't think of anything.  So may try again today.  So strange to have my mind not working.

Gosh it is such a beautiful day.  Would love to be able to go outside, but best to stay in where it is safe.  Well, I really don't have anything else to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

3/05/2024 10:41 am  #26

The doctor has ordered a chest x-ray and pulmonary function test for Howard.  Prescribed an inhaler for his wheezing and a lotion (turned OTC) for his rash.  Then we went to W-M for those and a few groceries and a return for me.  A blouse with way to long sleeves and skimpy around the middle...wouldn't you know?  

Today is Howard's 74th birthday.  He started that off by getting up and waking me up with his dressing, etc.    I will make him a cherry (pie filling) cobbler since that's what I have to work with.  the peach one last week was good.  We give no b.d. gifts anymore.  Get what we want when we want it.

I got my super-duper license 3 years ago.  BTW, that's NOT what it's called her in Indiana.  I just can't remember what.  Try getting it when you've been married before!   The bugaboo is  the two name changes from your maiden name.   I had to have several  documents including one from IL's capital, Springfield, since we got married in Chicago, plus a copy of my first marriage license  here in town.    Those were the trickiest and most irritating.  I just plowed along til I had them all.  

I agree...times have changed.    Growing up, we knew all our neighbors and we were rural and separated by the farmland.  When my Grandma tragically died, it was harvest time and the neighbors came and did Grandpa's harvesting for him.  That good deed made the local paper.  

We heard this rat-a-tat-a-tat this morning.  At first it seemed like it was inside, but turns out, it was a woodpecker pecking on the metal chimney pipe.  He probably wasn't getting anywhere, LOL, but it sure got our attention.  Two nights ago, when H. took Fancy out for the last time, there was a doe lying in the corner of our front yard.  She stayed down until he started walking on the porch back to the door.  

Theresa,  best wishes as you wind all this up in SC.  Nice that Luke wants to accompany you.  It will eventually fade some, but you'll never forget what all you've been through.  Hugs and blessings. 
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (3/05/2024 10:41 am)

3/05/2024 12:46 pm  #27

Janet, we did not have to do an eye exam, it’s about security, not fitness. I thought the same as you did about flying, but Google quoted homeland security that you can’t board without it, starting next May. As for the political, I don’t remember offhand who was in power in Congress in 2005 when the law was passed. 

3/05/2024 6:16 pm  #28

I picked up my prescription at Walmart and met Gary at Wendys. I gave him $200 for taking care of Molly and Gracie while I was gone. I would have paid Dee a lot more. He never wants to take $$ from me, but I knew he was broke. 

I'm still tired, so resting this week. It's movie week and minimal housecleaning. Leftover eggplant pizza for dinner.

I get my driver's license renewed this October. I guess they will add a star to my license and I won't need a special "REAL ID" card.

Last edited by DownSouth (3/05/2024 6:37 pm)

D e v o n n e

3/05/2024 6:42 pm  #29

Trish, Gary is going to have his own little space. It gives him somewhere to go to get out of the RV.

I do understand why H wants her horse closer. Bacardi had a bad injury. She is coming home this Thursday. She has 3 horses...Bacardi, Storm and Malibu. She sold Storm today.

Here's some pictures of Gary's space and their land. The driveway to the left is to her brother's house. His wife lives there with her weird BF. The house is way back in there. The long brown spot is where the horse corral is. The round spot is the kids' trampoline. 

They are talking about building a house together where the horse corral is. This is 4 acres. E will inherit more land there in the future.

Bacardi's injury to her leg....if you zoom in, you can see the bone.

Gary's personal space...he can use the adirondack chairs for TV viewing. When the new building arrives, a lot of this stuff will be gone from the shop.

Last edited by DownSouth (3/05/2024 6:59 pm)

D e v o n n e

3/06/2024 6:37 am  #30

Holly- I was referring to those who don’t seem to “need” any background check, etc for IDs or IDs at all.  Nuff said.

3/06/2024 10:41 am  #31

Good Morning, everyone!!  Well, it has been a busy morning.  One of the smoke detectors is squawking and making a heck of a noise.  Neither one of us can get up on a step ladder to take it down.  Will call George, our neighbor, to come over and fix it for us.  Then the dog went outside and took off, hated the noise!!  Finally got him back in, what a trek that was.  It is 31* here this morning, so I'm cold.  Will be better soon.

Well, I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

3/06/2024 10:47 am  #32

DEVONNE.....THANKS FOR THE PICTURES.  IT GIVES MORE INSIGHT ON HOW THING ARE THERE.
POOR BACARDI, THAT IS A TERRIBLE INJURY TO HER LEG. I HOPE SHE DOES WELL.

WE ARE IN A SUNSHINE POCKET RIGHT NOW.  EXPECTING MORE RAIN, RAIN, RAIN FOR THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS AND WARMER THAN NORMAL TEMPS.  I HAVE TO TAKE OUT MY TRASH WHILE THE SUN IS SHINING OR I WON'T GET A CHANCE FOR ANOTHER DAY OR TWO.  
ONE OF MY NEW NEIGHBORS, WHOM I GAVE THE LIBRARY INFO TO, IS ON SALLY'S LIST NOW FOR GETTING BOOKS.  SAW HER AT THE MAILBOX AND SHE IS THRILLED TO GET HERS YESTERDAY AS WELL.  POOR SALLY MUST BE RUN OFF HER FEET WITH DELIVERIES.  THIS MORNING I JUST STARTED MY FIRST OF 5 SALLY BROUGHT ME YESTERDAY.  THIS ONE IS FROM THE CAT WHO.....SERIES BY LILIAN JACKSON BRAUN.  LOVE THAT SERIES.  I NAMED MY 2 SIAMESE CATS AFTER QWILLERAN'S KOKO AND YUMYUM AND IT WAS SO FUNNY THAT THEY AND MINE WERE ALIKE IN SOME WAYS.  KOKO COLLECTED HIS TINY TOY MICE, DIMES, RINGS, AND BITS AND EVEN MY HUBBY'S WATCH ONE TIME, AND HID THEM UNDER A BOOKCASE.  IF ANYTHING WENT MISSING, WE ALWAYS CHECKED HIS HORDE.  YUMYUM WAS THE SWEET LOVING ONE.  ITS BEEN AWHILE BUT I STILL MISS THOSE TWO.

THAT'S IT FROM ME LADIES.  I WILL BE PLAYING BINGO TONITE AND I HAVE ENOUGH LEFTOVER BURRITO MIX TO GET ME THRU THE DAY WHILE I LAZE ABOUT AND READ.  
HUGS FOR YOU ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (3/06/2024 10:50 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

3/06/2024 11:04 am  #33

You know how they say “if anything cane go wrong, it will go wrong”? 
Well, here we go again.  The guys doing the new gutter system managed to put two screw right into the propane line!  Admittedly, the line is covered by fascia, but what are the chances that this could happen.  When I drove up, apparently right after it happed I could smell Propane.  I quick ran to the main shut off valve .  Then ran inside to get DH and call the propane people.  Still waiting on them to show up.  The guys were real sorry, but that doesn’t fix anything.  🙄

3/06/2024 11:52 am  #34

Janet, I’ve had one of those “if anything could go wrong…” mornings too. Thankfully, mine wasn’t very serious. I was fusing flowers and stems on a center panel for a quilt. First I fused a stem in the wrong place. It took a while but I managed to get all the stickiness off the fabric. Next I fused a couple of flowers in a spot that wasn’t supposed to have anything on it. I decided they will stay there and I will make four more flowers to go in the right place. Now I’m almost afraid to work on it anymore!  Maybe after lunch and exercise class I can think clearer and fuse pieces correctly.

Yesterday was quilt guild meeting day. We have been having better attendance than we did for a while.  We have only 16 members so miss anyone who can’t attend. There will be only 7 or 8 of us at retreat in three weeks but I am really looking forward to it. Retreats are my only vacations.

3/06/2024 2:57 pm  #35

Sandra, I hope you have a win tonight at bingo.

Janet, it's good you could smell it and called for help so quickly.

Is this fabric cut at a 45 degree angle on the bias?  I love this.

Last edited by DownSouth (3/06/2024 8:21 pm)

D e v o n n e

3/06/2024 8:44 pm  #36

Holly, yes I pronounced the soup the same as the Olive Garden waiter did!  Pasta Vazool.    Looks like Pasta faglioli.  Sandra, yes, it is pasta and beans; canned white beans and kidney beans.  I will post the recipe on the recipe thread.  It was really easy to do and we all liked it.  I took some to my BIL and his wife and to a friend of ours.  Still lots left over and I think it will freeze well.

Here in Ohio, we do have to do an eye exam when renewing the driver's license.  Ohio now has a renewal for 8 years BUT, since Dean and I are over 65 we cannot do that and must renew every 4.  Nothing like age discrimination.

I received a summons once again to be on a Federal jury.  I was on one 4 years ago.  I don't mind the actual jury duty but I hate driving in town and trying to find a place to park.  The Federal Courthouse has no parking and one must find a parking garage or lot.  I am so irritated.  I also had a local petit jury duty last year but got lucky and did not have to actually report, just checked online for 10 days to see if I had to go to court.   The jury duty selectors must like me.  

3/07/2024 7:36 am  #37

I used to like jury duty…got paid for jury duty and my job!  Never had Federal Court…only local and county.  My mother once had jury duty  ( remember the Chicago 7) a bazillion years ago?  The jury was sequestered in a hotel for about 3 weeks!  Can you say party, party?  My father was in charge at home, lol.  He hired a housekeeper, and we girls did as we pleased.😀 it was great.
    Anyway, remember I told you about things going wrong?  Last night while making dinner the big spoon flipped out of the pan which was a combo of peppers, onions, garlic and crushed tomatoes, hit the edge of the counter before hitting the floor.  Splattered all over the counter, the cabinet doors and my pants. 😡
   Then I took a shower after dinner and stepped out, got dried and realized I didn’t wash my hair…back in for that. 😞  I couldn’t wait to get to bed.  Hopefully today will be better.  We have back to back dentist appts (cleanings) …
Oh and the propane company is coming back to fix the line.  We probably won’t be here when they come and I assume since it’s outside they will do the work anyway.
  DH ordered a truck months ago and they called that they expect it at the dealership  today.  Now DH isn’t sure he wants it.  Remember when we didn’t take the ordered BMW in tha fall? 
   Just another day 🤷‍♀️

3/07/2024 10:15 am  #38

Good Morning, it is 35* here today, but very sunny, lovely day.  Have no plans for the day, but tomorrow I have an eye dr. appt.  Such fun!!!

Have no plans for the day, believe Rhonda is coming over this afternoon, no plans!  Well, I have nothing more to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

3/07/2024 11:50 am  #39

GRAY AND RAINY OFF AND ON.  MISERABLE DAY.  PROBABLY WHY I, TOO, FEEL MISERABLE.  NO ENERGY, KNEES ACHING, AND TIRED TODAY EVEN AFTER 6 HOURS OF SLEEP.  I GUESS I WON'T ACCOMPLISH VERY MUCH TODAY.

I HAD JURY DUTY ONE TIME.  IT WAS A SUIT AGAINST A REAL ESTATE COMPANY.  A FAMILY BOUGHT A DAIRY QUEEN BUSINESS ON A BUSY ROAD BUT THE REAL ESTATE COMPANY NEVER TOLD THEM THAT THE STATE WOULD BE RE-DOING THAT ROAD FOR SEVERAL MONTHS.  BUSINESS WAS NIL ALL SUMMER.  THEY SUED.  THEY WON.  YOU CAN'T HIDE THESE THINGS FROM YOUR CLIENTS. AND YES, THE REAL ESTATE CO. KNEW OF THOSE PLANS AND EVEN HAD PAPERWORK IN THEIR OWN FILES ABOUT IT.
I THINK I WAS PAID ABOUT 35 BUCKS A DAY (THIS WAS IN THE EARLY 90S) AND I HAD TO FIND MY OWN PARKING.  SINCE I LIVED ABOUT 2 MILES AND A BIT FROM THE COURTHOUSE I DIDN'T NEED PARKING.  I WALKED TO THE COURT HOUSE EACH MORNING.  I GOT PAID BY THE GOVT AND PAID FULL TIME FROM MY JOB BUT HAD TO TURN THE JURY CHECKS OVER TO MY COMPANY.  ONLY FAIR SINCE THEY PAID ME FOR WORK I NEVER GOT DONE.  AND THE JURY WAS RELEASED EARLY MANY DAYS AND I COULD GO HOME SOMETIMES AS EARLY AS 1 PM AND BE DONE FOR THE DAY.  I WAS THE ALTERNATE SO I NEVER HAD TO MAKE A DECISION ON THE SUIT.
I WOULD HAVE VOTED FOR THE NEW BUSINESS OWNER, TOO.
ANOTHER POINT, JURY DUTY CAN BE TIRING.  THE LAWYERS REVOICED THEIR CONCERNS BACK AND FORTH, OVER AND OVER AND SOMETIMES I WANTED TO CLOSE MY EYES AND SLEEP.  HAD TO THINK FUN THOUGHTS TO STAY AWAKE SOMETIMES.  

NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT LADIES.  SLOW DAY.  NO CLEANING FOR ME.  TOO LAZY TODAY.  I AM GLAD I HAVE SOME NEW LARGE PRINT BOOKS TO READ.  READING CROOKED HOUSE BY AGATHA CHRISTIE RIGHT NOW.
BE SAFE.  HUG, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (3/07/2024 1:00 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

3/07/2024 1:37 pm  #40

Cloudy and dreary here also. I just read that again jersey is #2 in education in the country. I didn’t read the whole article, but CT is usually #1. 

Cheryl the lunch meat capicola, not sure of the spelling, it’s a spiced ham, is pronounced gabagool by Italians. I can hear my MIL and grandmothers in law in my head! 
Janet, will he lose a deposit?
Theresa, I hope the lake settlement goes well!
I have the weather channel on, looks like the south has a lot of storms that they are going to share with us! 
This was to be Heather’s last week on night shift, turned into bereavement time. She starts days next week. 
Janet, that’s pretty scary about the propane! I’m glad it worked out ok. 

Board footera