OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

2/29/2024 10:44 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY FEBRUARY 25 ~ SAT MARCH 2

IT COOLED OFF TODAY SO ONLY IN THE 20S BUT GOING BACK TO 40S AND 50S THE NEXT FEW DAYS.  AND SUNNY. 
I LOST 3.50 AT BINGO LAST NITE BUT ENJOYED IT.  IT WAS GREAT BEING WITH THE GIRLS AGAIN AND SHARING STORIES, ETC IN BETWEEN GAMES.  AND NO ONE HAD TO ASK ME TO REPEAT A NUMBER.  THERE ARE A FEW OF US WITH HEARING ISSUES.
 AND I HAVE THE VOICE THAT WORKS.

JUDY......I HAVE A STOOL IN MY TUB SO DO NOT STAND IN THE TUB MORE THAN A FEW SECONDS GETTING IN AND OUT.  I DO NOT WANT TO RISK FALLING, BUT MAINLY USED THE BATHMAT UNDER IT SO THE STOOL'S FEET WOULD NOT MAKE HOLES IN THE TUB, EVEN THOUGH THE RUBBER BOTTOMS OF THE FEET FLARE OUT A BIT.  I AM NO LIGHTWEIGHT.  BUT I THINK I WILL JUST FOLD UP A BATHTOWEL TO PUT UNDER THE FEET WHEN I SHOWER.  THAT SHOULD PREVENT WEIGHT DAMAGE.  ANYWAY, I HOPE SO.

DEVONNE.....CUTE PIX OF THE DOGS AND THE SNUGGLER WHO KNOWS THERE IS A MEDICAL ISSUE.  ADORABLE.

HOLLY......SORRY, I HAVE NO ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPE.  I ALWAYS LIKED THE RED SAUCES.

MARYLOU.....IN MY FAMILY I WAS GRAMMY AND THE OTHER WAS NANA SO WE GOT ALONG JUST FINE WITH THOSE MONIKERS.  

CAROL.....THAT QUILT IS A DAZZLER.  AMAZING WORK.  LOVE IT.

I AM GOING TO TRY TO CUT BACK ON MY GROCERY BILL.  ITS TOO HIGH FOR A SINGLE PERSON.....NEARLY 400 A MONTH.  I AM GOING TO CUT BACK ON THE CASSEROLES AND SOUPS I SHARE HERE AND EAT MORE THINGS LIKE SANDWICHES AND CANNED SOUPS, CANNED PASTA, AND PASTARONI AND RICEARONI  WITH LESS MEAT.  I NEVER SKIMP ON BUYING GOOD MEAT.  I NEED TO BE ABLE TO SAVE A BIT EACH MONTH FOR EMERGENCIES.  MY EMERGENCY KITTY IS NOT LARGE.

THAT'S IT LADIES.  I STILL PLAN TO MAKE TATER TOT CASSEROLE THIS WEEKEND FOR MY SON AND OTHERS, PLUS HOMEMADE PIZZA.  ITS ALREADY ON THE MENU.
BE SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (2/29/2024 10:59 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

2/29/2024 1:07 pm  #42

I met Greg for lunch at our favorite mexican place. He brought me a large container of Tide detergent. I was glad to get it, as I'm out. For some reason, he couldn't use it in his combo washer/dryer.

I stopped to fill up my car. It was $3.08 a gallon, $2.95 on Monday. I have a dental cleaning in the morning at 11 am.

Judy, that is Molly. Gracie is my black and white shih tzu. She's so smart! I'm glad you got good results at your doctor. 

Sandra, I'm going to cut back on my groceries too. I buy too much for one person. Gary said he couldn't even put a pizza in my freezer, lol! 

Carol, the quilt turned out gorgeous! What a big project for you and Lisa. You did an amazing job. Was Nora's accident from swimming?
I have followed Bonnie for years. I still think of her as "Bingo Bonnie," lol. I won one of those and still have some of the FQ's. 

My mammogram was good yesterday. I have to get another one in August. She said next year they will probably change it to once a year unless I have any symptoms.

Marylou, I'm so glad you are able to drive and visit your family. I agree with Judy to go while you can.

Are we going back to 60's-70's decor? The first picture was taken on the ship. The colors were a little too much for me and Greg, but great for the kids.

This picture was taken at my doctor's building yesterday. I actually like it, lol.

Last edited by DownSouth (2/29/2024 1:28 pm)

D e v o n n e

2/29/2024 3:00 pm  #43

Good day friends!

Devonne, thanks for the info on taking Carter; I was just nosey and wondered about school.  Sorry about Hannah's horse and I hope it mends quickly.  So sorry about the poor little one's foot!  She is so cute.

Trish, my Mr. has to eat as soon as he gets up too.  I have a decaf coffee and usually eat around 10:30 a.m. or 11:00 a.m. and then do my supper around 5 or 6 pm.  I never was an early eater.

Carol, I saw the quilt for Bonnie on Facebook and wondered what happened.  The quilt was a stunner for sure.

Judy, it is winter here again too.  65 a few days ago and yesterday it was 32 and snowing.  The roads/overpasses were very icy according to the weatherman.  Today 36 and sunny.  Weird weather.

I made a crockpot honey/garlic chicken recipe yesterday that I saw on Facebook.  Aaron, Katie and the kids came over since it was too much for just Dean and I to eat.  It was easy and really good.  I was worried that it would be too salty since it took 1/2 cup of soy sauce but it was not.  I use the low sodium type but it still is salty.  The recipe called for bone-in, skin on chicken thighs.  We usually do not do the thighs but I have to say, mmm,mmm, good!

San, if you are reading this, I hope you are doing ok.

Nothing else today.  Take care!

Last edited by Chlynn1129 (2/29/2024 3:01 pm)

2/29/2024 3:11 pm  #44

Afternoon y'all! 

Yesterday, I went to see mom and met a friend at the mall!  She needed a dress for a wedding on Saturday.  We went to Dillard's, she found 2 she liked, then to Macy's, she found a beautiful dress.  She left for an appointment.  Luke came with.  I took him to the food court and we had lunch.  Home, walked, up till we heard thunder.  Had quite a storm, it moved through quick but brought quickly dropping temps with it!  The high yesterday was 75*, today is 57*.  Luke moved the Lemon tree to the back deck just as the rain started.  It got a good soaking, it already has buds, lots of them.  

Today was a bit more normal.  To moms, the park and home.  Putting in more slides, they are not as the cover label says!  Definitely about 1984.  I was really skinny!  LOL! Seems like a bunch of pictures, in no particular order.  Trying to figure it out.  It jumps from the house, to the old lake house, to the beach! 

Nothing else exciting here.  Need to figure the slides out and see if the lids were mixed up.  

Later my Friends! 

2/29/2024 5:00 pm  #45

Holly, your box arrived!  Thanks so much.  

Set up the doll exhibit at the quilt show.  I hope we're covered for attendants tomorrow; I really don't want to drive out there again.  It's over 40 miles each way.  I'll go Saturday to see the show, pack up the exhibit, and pick up quilt blocks from LisaTX for the next comfort quilt project.  

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

3/01/2024 9:51 am  #46

I'LL BE QUICK.  ITS SUNNY AND ONLY IN THE 30S RIGHT NOW.
I AM DOING MY LAUNDRY.  PLAN TO MAKE TATER TOT CASSEROLE THIS AFTERNOON LATE SO I CAN SEND SOME HOME WITH MY SON TOMORROW.  PLUS PIZZA IN THE MORNING.

DEVONNE.......I LIKE THE DR'S SEATING AS WELL.  IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW WIDE YOU ARE, YOU CAN FIT.  NOT YOU PERSONALLY, JUST ANY OF IS CLIENTS.  I WOULD BE ONE OF THEM. LOL  

THAT'S IT.  MUST RUN.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (3/01/2024 9:53 am)

3/01/2024 11:03 am  #47

Good Morning to everyone!!   Hope you are all having a wonderful day!
It is quite bright outside, the sky is very blue with lots of white clouds.   It obviously rained overnight, the driveway is totally wet.  It is fairly windy today.  Hard to believe it is March already.  Wow! the sun just broke through.  What a gorgeous day!!!

Have no plans for the day, think Frank just got up.  I have nothing more to say, so will just wish you all well, and sign off, Love, BJ.

3/01/2024 11:49 am  #48

Prices keep going up. 
Regular gas 3.29..Premium 3.89…up 30 cents a gas for each since last week.
My so called big grocery shopping for almost identical items went up $22 since last week.

3/01/2024 11:59 am  #49

Yep, companies are posting record profits and we are suffering. 
We went to Sam’s Club this morning, actually used 2 carts, needed dry cat food, bird seed, TP, tissue, and assorted other stuff. Gas was more at Sam’s Club than at our corner. 

Happy March! We start the month with Ralph’s brother’s birthday, and end it with my brother’s birthday. 

3/01/2024 1:33 pm  #50

I had a dental cleaning this morning. It is a rainy day here and I don't like driving when it's raining. It's certainly a lot colder today. 

Theresa, I gave Greg all of our slides and he had them all converted into videos. He then uploaded all of them on You Tube where anyone in the family can see them. I once had a good figure, lol. 

Cheryl, I didn't mind telling you how we travel with Carter. I'm nosy too, lol! That chicken recipe sounds yummy! My eating times are like yours.

I have good news! Gary was approved for SS disability. They still have the "non medical" under quality review. He will know more details of the amount and when it will start in a few weeks. 

A lot of medical appts. coming up. Monday I have an appointment with my family doctor. She is not a doctor, but a NP. I will decide then if I want to stay with her, or find a real doctor. This will be for bloodwork, get my A1C score, etc.

Diana, I have been thinking about you as well. I hope you will check in and let us know how you are doing.

D e v o n n e

3/01/2024 7:00 pm  #51

Friday March 1, 2024. 4:52pm

Prayers and hugs 🫂 everyone..

Hope you are all doing well..

Yesterday we had slush.. today was snow.. dd went outside and slipped on the grass, she could not get up on her own.. we called 911, the ambulance took her to hospital.. she has a bad sprain.. I think in her knee, at least that is where the inflatable brace is..

My dsisil (dh's sis made me memory bear, using dh's hulk sweat shirt hoody.. trying to figure out how to post a picture..

Last edited by tricia-anne (3/01/2024 9:18 pm)

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

3/01/2024 9:37 pm  #52

Hi all

It's rainy here, after a very hot day and night, it was really streamy and hot at training, and NOW it's cooling off with rain LOL Can't win, we would have been glad of the rain to cool us off.

HOLLY I understand your concerns about profits being high, BUT as a shareholder I want them to be high, as a consumer it's hard, but I need to share price to be high for our investments. Can't win there either LOL
Darned if you do OR don't.

JANET how are you?? You have been quiet, everything OK?

SAN I am glad to see you, hoping you can visit more often ((((hugs))))

SANDRA yes, i do understand, the price of everything is going up here too, and it makes sense to just cook for you, you have been generous, maybe if they put a little towards the food it might help. Sorry about the loss, BUT I am glad you went and did your duty at bingo!!

DEVONNE Eerk! those colours don't suit me either, but they are designed to catch the eye, and make it feel more party. My brother and his wife would love it, I was told very clearly (with emphasis )  that they cruise for FUN on the FUN ships LOL I can still have fun without all the noise and drinking.  Great news about the SS, hope he can get more good news to follow, I did expect the kids to be staying at yours, that's why I said don't be surprised if they ask to spend more time there. (((hugs)))

Can't remember what else I wanted to say, my brain is tired, I turned off the A/C and didn't sleep well, it's cooler now than it was all night  - yuk!!! I do hate the humidity and heat.

I have sewing class tomorrow, and plan to try to do a lot more on Jane Austen. She's all packed up ready to go. One of my friends in the group - sad news - her husband died on Wednesday, she is a gorgeous person, and I am sad for her. He had something develop in the last 2 months, was sent to hospital, they had the best of care for him, but he didn't survive. 

Megan's FIL is home, and mad as a hornet!! He is cross about waiting so long for his surgery, we suspect he told them he was a 'public' patient, thinking he would need to pay extra from his health fund if he said he had private health cover (we don't pay extra, AND they give you meal vouchers for family and a free TV to your bed  if you go with your health cover  ) but he insists he didn't say that. Who knows??  he's sent a letter to his member of Parliament. No doubt we'll hear all about it later.

The funeral for JoJo was on Wednesday, we didn't go, sis said it was awful, Jo's sisters did all the arranging, and did not include her husband (sis's BIL ) she said it was a 'watch us mourn' session for Jo's sisters and nieces, as they just talked and howled the whole service with  the other family not mentioned at all. My sis said it was the most uncomfortable funeral she's ever been to. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

3/01/2024 9:40 pm  #53

Forgot, have you heard about our footballers being in Las Vegas?? sis's hubby is there, he plays as a senior, he is being careful, they told them to wear their Aussie gear everywhere, but he said he won't because doesn't want to be noticed LOL 
They are televising it all here, not his group  -- the oldies only play a short game before the main event LOL

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

3/02/2024 9:18 am  #54

Gary is going to come and help me with my lawn. The sod looks awful. He has an aerator he's going to use, then we will put out fertilizer and lawn feed. 

Trish, I haven't heard about the football players being in Las Vegas, but I've been watching too much You Tube, lol. I've never heard of a "public patient." Megan's FIL should just be glad it's over and to be back home. 

The big project going on at Gary's land...Hannah is converting the shop to use for her horse(s)? She has 3 horses. Gary wasn't happy about this because he stays in the shop a lot. He has a living room set up with a 75" tv. I imagine that will go bye bye. I offered to store the tv here in Allie's old bedroom if he has to take it down. I seldom go in there. 

The reasons Hannah doesn't want to use the nice barn that is already there...it's a long story. When she put her horses there last year, E's ex-SIL's boyfriend would move her stuff around. She doesn't trust her horses around him. He also is allowing a drug addict to live at the barn. Her ex-SIL gets to live in the house (E's brother and she built) until death if she wishes. The house is in E's parents' names and her ex-SIL's name. She and E used to be like sisters, but since she met this guy, they seldom speak anymore.

E's dad is there helping Ben build the stalls. The shop is 2,400 square feet. The building Hannah bought to put the furniture in the shop and everything else. It hasn't been delivered yet.

Last edited by DownSouth (3/02/2024 9:48 am)

D e v o n n e

3/02/2024 9:53 am  #55

ITS GOING TO RAIN LATER.  VERY GRAY OUTDOORS BUT WARM.....IN THE HIHG 30S WILL HIT 40S.  MY SON SHOPS FOR ME TODAY.  
I MADE THE TATER TOT CASSEROLE LAST NITE AND SHARED WITH TOM NEXT DOOR ONLY.  WANTED TO SAVE MOST FOR MY SON AND HIS WIFE.  I WILL MAKE PIZZA SOON FOR HIM AS WELL.
AS FOR CUTTING BACK, I FIGURE I WILL MAKE THE CASSEROLES LESS OFTEN BUT STILL MAKE THEM.  THAT MAY HELP THE GROCERY BILL.  THE OTHERS BRING ME OTHER THINGS LIKE DONUTS AND THE PIECE OF PORK LOIN LAST NITE, WHICH I WILL REHEAT FOR SUPPER.

DEVONNE.....GLAD TO HEAR GARY WILL GET HIS SOC. SEC. NOW.  I KNOW ITS BEEN A HEADACHE TO GET BUT HE DESERVES IT.
HANNAH IS MY KIND OF GIRL WITH 3 HORSES.  IN SOME WAYS SHE'S A SWEETIE AND IN OTHERS, SHES A BIT COLD TO HER FAMILY.  DOES SHE MAYBE HAVE ASPERGER'S SYNDROM IN HER BACKGROUND?  THAT'S ANTI-SOCIAL IN DIFFERENT WAYS.   OR ELSE SHE'S JUST DOES NOT SHOW HER EMOTIONS.  

SAN.......GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU.  SORRY ABOUT YOUR DAU AND HER FALLING AND SPRAINING HEW KNEE.  THAT'S NOT GREAT.
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE MEMORY QUILT YOUR D-SIS-IL MADE FOR YOU.  YOU CAN COPY THRU THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST BY GOING TO POSTIMAGES.COM

JANET.......OF COURSE THE GAS PRICES ARE GOING UP.  ITS TIME FOR VACATION TRAVEL AROUND THE COUNTRY.  A GOOD TIME TO MAKE THEIR PROFITS BY UPPING THE PRICES.

BECAUSE THE 3RD COMES ON THE WEEKEND THE SOC SEC CHECKS WERE DEPOSITED EARLIER.  MY SON CAN CASH MY MONTHLY BUDGET CHECK FOR ME TODAY.
I WILL MAKE HIM HIS ITALIAN SANDWICHES TODAY AS WELL SO HE WILL GO HOME WITH ENOUGH TO EAT FOR THE WEEKEND.
AS FOR ME, I AM READING EVERY DAY AND ENJOYING IT.  ALSO TRYING TO CUT BACK ON THE SNACKS BUT STEPPED ON THE SCALE AND I'M NOT WHERE I WANT TO BE.  I HAVE TO TRY HARDER.

I WISH YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (3/02/2024 10:01 am)

3/02/2024 10:42 am  #56

Hi there, just a quick note as my SIL is in the kitchen.   He's so nice, but Tracy is still sleeping.   Believe Frank is in the bathroom, so we'll soon have some movement around here.  I am going to take a shower and get pretty (?).

It is 8:40 here and not much going on.  Jamie is watching TV and Tracy is still in her room, believe she's still sleeping.  Frank is in the bathroom, so eventually I'll get to shower.  It is slightly breezy and 39* here.  I really don't have much to say this morning, so will just sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, BJ.

3/02/2024 11:22 am  #57

Devonne, I like NP’s, they listen better than docs. 

Trish, there’s doing well, and there’s price gouging. 

It’s a rainy day here. I heated up fried potatoes and pork roll, and made scrambled eggs for breakfast. 

Our DMV is having a pop up location near us this week, so I made appointments for us to get our Real ID licenses. It’s so stressful for me to make appointments like that online. And I can get my car inspected then, which is a joke, all they do is test for emissions. 

I bought deli turkey, which I’ll roll up around stuffing, add gravy, and bake for dinner. I have mashed potatoes defrosting. And Caesar salad. 

Today is read across America day, so I’ll do my share!

3/02/2024 6:32 pm  #58

Holly, thanks for the NP endorsement. This is my 2nd visit with her...will see if I like her personality any better. I am lucky, as my county doesn't require emissions testing. I finished a book on the cruise, The Wish, by Nicholas Sparks. I'm reading Dreamland now, I think it's his latest. 

Pictures of how swollen my feet were on the cruise. I think it's because I sat on the balcony a lot. I've been more tired this week than I'm been from other cruises. It has to be getting older. I took a rare nap today, lol. 

The left was worse than the right. My legs had some swelling too. Here's 1 1/2 days after I got home. So weird! 

I went to the store today and saw a magazine that said King Charles has cancer and is stepping down. Is that true? Guess I need to get off You Tube and watch the news, lol. 

Last edited by DownSouth (3/02/2024 6:37 pm)

D e v o n n e

3/02/2024 7:20 pm  #59

San, it is good to see you posting.  Those memory bears are very popular.  A friend of mine makes them here.

Devonne, good news for Gary.  Getting SS these days is really difficult.  I hope he gets enough to live on.  I, too, like my NP.  I like my doctor too, but the NP is a very compassionate woman and listener.  I see her every three months to check my A1c since Ii am pre-diabetic and we don't want to go to a full diabetic.    I have several medical tests upcoming; dental cleaning,next week, heart test on the 15th, A1c check April, Eye dr (retina) in May and my mammogram and bone density in July.  I never had to go to doctors this often; I do not like getting old.    The heart test is a CT Cardiac scoring just as a precaution as my mom died from congestive heart failure at age 67.  My NP wants to be proactive.

It was foggy, rainy and dreary all day but not too cold.  The wind howled last night and we have lots of branches down in the yard.

Trish, I did not see about your team in Vegas.  I will look them up.   

Board footera