OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

2/21/2024 8:02 pm  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY FEBRUARY 18 ~ SAT FEBRUARY 24

I hear y’all on the balance and dizziness. I always had a small problem with dizziness when my migraine was extremely bad,  but  it’s a HUGE problem for me post Covid.  
I think  I finally understand what San was meaning about having the wobbles 😳. 

tI nearly fall almost every day. I’ve gotten very lucky I haven’t hurt myself too badly. What’s weird is I can be feeling ok, then I get up and start walking and I feel like I drank the whole bottle of tequila all by myself 😳
seriously, I despise my house, but since it is so small, I’ve saved myself a lot of falls by being able to grab the wall. There’s always one close ! 🙄

I don’t know if I’ve shared all of the “gifts “ Covid gave me or not, but let’s just say I’ve got a lot of health issues that I didn’t have before 🤨

mom and I went up to my basement lair yesterday. I had ordered some mats to go in front of Loosey because I just can’t stand that long on concrete floors  

anyway, someone had carried them downstairs to the other basement but they’re too heavy for me to move by myself. I’m gonna get the dolly that’s upstairs at my sisters 
store (where I worked before I got sick) next time I go. My youngest nephew has gone off to college.  I really miss him. He would stop on his way home from school and help take my garbage in and out and little things like that. Over Christmas he and his boyfriend did a lot to help with my lair. They painted the floor and carried almost all of my fabric boxes over from the other basement. I’m hoping they have spring break at the same time and aren’t going anywhere so maybe I can borrow them for a day 🤞🏼

im sure I’ve bored y’all stiff by now so I’ll just say goodnight!,

ASHLEY
KENTUCKY 

2/22/2024 12:18 am  #22

HOLLY I am glad you're able to get relief for your vertigo so quickly, the Mr was taking an antihistamine,  that helped quite a lot, but the physio has been really good, IF he gets me to help with the exercise. I have to support his head LOL

SANDRA and BJ I am so sorry you are both under the weather, hope you are both feeling much better soon (((((hugs)))))
Hoping you both have plety of rest and things to eat while you are unwell. 

Feeling dizzy is not fun, I get it sometimes at training, especially when i get up after being on my back doing crunches. Which is what happened today, but I know when it happens and I can sit quickly. 

ASHLEY is it possible for you to do some very gentle exercise? I know you have many health problems, but it really does help me. Hope you get some help with the mats. It makes life easier. 
Enjoy your cute babies, they are lucky to have you!

DIANE Hope that your surgery goes well on Friday, it's tomorrow for me LOL How is DH doing, that is a long recovery time for that surgery, and plenty of PT.

INDY I wish I could have a nice day out with my daughter LOL Maybe I should organise it, we haven't had a 'girl' day for a long time, I could ask my (almost ) daughters (Dianne's girls ) to come too. maybe a High Tea, we can do that together. and have a catch up!!

THERESA almost at the finish line!!!! It's been a marathon event and you have done so well ((((hugs))))_

CHERYL how goes the stash bust?? I seem to end up with more! And the New Jane Austen will also add to the stash.
I need to find something to do with it all. I think I will do a STACK and SLASH Quilt As You Go at Quilt camp, Looks like Jane will be finished before then.
Edited, not meaning that I have enough Jane for that!! But I do have lots and lots of fabric I can cut fat 1/4s from. 

PATTY have you still not got much snow?? I can't believe how little you have all got this year, and we haven't had the horrendous days that were being forecast. Don't get me wrong, it's been REALLY hot, but no where near as hot as other Februarys.

The Mr had to go get his sis and take her for a biopsy on her hand, the Dr there is hopeless, she's had this sore for months, FINALLY he decided she needs a biopsy, she has MRSA on her legs, which are heavily bandaged, so he was careful with her, he said it was difficult getting her in and out of the car. The Dr mentioned skin graft !!  Honestly she doesn't have enough useful skin to use. 

So he is in front of the TV relaxing, John called over while the cleaners were at his house, his eyes lit up at the mention of leftovers (I've said before he has hollow legs! ) - he chose the butter chicken, Dean is mad that he missed out!

I still have plenty of leftovers, so easy dinner.

Also the Mr finally made a decision on the repair of his car, he took it to the dealer and they recommended someone, so he's booked it in. Yay ME !!! I get to drive him around for a few days LOL

Maybe I can get some time to cut more strips tomorrow, I need another 20 or so. The fabric will need to be ironed and squared up again first. 

Last edited by tricia-anne (2/22/2024 12:24 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

2/22/2024 9:49 am  #23

Trish, I try to do light exercise. I have set of pedals like my occupational therapist had. I would have really loved having her longer but insurance would only pay for so long. She taught me some great things like how best to get out of the tub but mostly drying myself first. I have to use a shower chair now, which I highly recommend 😂 sometimes I just sit there for a while enjoying the hot water. My family put grab bars in the bathroom before I came back to my house. And a taller toilet. That has been a true blessing! I have trouble with stairs, especially going down. Usually my left side gets weak and makes the coming down difficult. 
I just have to learn a new way of doing things.  That’s life though 😄

ASHLEY
KENTUCKY 

2/22/2024 10:26 am  #24

Good Morning to everyone!  I got up really early this morning, thought Frank had an early appt., well it's not until 10 something!!!!!  So I have been sitting in the dining room watching TV with him, just couldn't stand it any longer, so I came to the computer.  Not much to say, just thought it would be nicer in here!!

I'm very tired, may take a nap after a while, if I can!!  It is very still outside this morning, a bit of rain, just what we need, but it's certainly better than snow. It is 46* out this morning, can't believe we're having such warm weather, but I love it!!  Well, Rhonda just pulled in, so I'd better quit and go visit.  Love to you all, BJ.

2/22/2024 10:29 am  #25

Carol, I pulled several yards of blenders, and Ralph just boxed them up in a priority box. When we go out, which won’t be today, I’ll get them mailed to you. 

I did 2 bog posts with xs progress and the new zig zag table runner in progress. 

Another warmish day in the 40’s! 

2/22/2024 10:46 am  #26

ASHLEY.......I HEAR YOU WITH A SMALL APT.  I LOVE HAVING MY WALLS CLOSE SO I CAN DEPEND ON THEM WHEN WALKING ROOM TO ROOM.  THEY SURE HELP.  THOSE WOBBLY DAYS AREN'T AS BAD.  I ALSO HAVE A SHOWER SEAT.  WHAT A WONDERFUL INVENTION.

TRISH......I GUESS WE ARE ALL HAVING UNUSUAL WEATHER AROUND THE GLOBE.  I THOUGHT IT MORE THE NORTH COUNTRIES BUT EVEN THOSE OF YOU IN THE SOUTH AREN'T HAVING SUCH HEAT.  

HOLLY......YOU ARE ALWAYS MAKING SOMETHING.  LOVE THAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH SO MUCH AND TREAT THE FAMILY WITH YOUR WORKS.

ITS A LOVELY DAY TODAY AND THANK GOODNESS, I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER.  TOOK MY SHOWER AND THAT MADE ME FEEL EVEN BETTER.  I AM NOT WOBBLY TODAY.  I WILL BE TAKING OUT MY TRASH AND THINKING OF COOKING SOMETHING.  I NEED TO TAKE OUT SOME MEAT FROM THE FREEZER.  
I AM ENJOYING MY READING LATELY.  ITS SOMETHING TO DO OTHER THAN THE USUAL STUFF.  
I DID NOT GET TO BINGO LAST NITE BUT THEY HAD A GOOD TIME.  ONE OF THE LADIES BROUGHT ME A JELLY DONUT.  SHE KNOWS HOW I LOVE THEM.  IT WENT DOWN A TREAT.

NOTHING MORE FROM ME TODAY LADIES.  STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY.  HUGS, QB S 

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

2/22/2024 1:44 pm  #27

No Trish, we still have no snow.  Pretty soon there will be fire warnings because it is so dry.  Hope for some rain if not snow.

Yesterday I was in town visiting a friend, went to the gas station for a badly needed car wash and they had banana flips made at the local bakery.  Oh what a treat for me!!!  I used to stop there regularly when I worked and had them often.  It would be like your jelly donut Sandra.

Ashley, sounds like you're learning to make accommodations for your needs.   Hope you are able to get back to your quilting soon.

Today was a dentist appointment, just cleaning and good report.  That meant lunch at our favorite restaurant.  They are remodeling so the buffet was not set up which didn't matter to us but there was a lot less people.

With all the snow gone I'm thinking of raking out the flower bed so it's ready for summer before too many bugs get here.  I'm thinking of filling another bed with mulch and giving up on growing anything.  Between deer and my brown thumb not much grows.

Carol, I think before we sent pink fabric.  Is there any certain colors you would or would not like?..

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

2/22/2024 3:55 pm  #28

Hi, all.

We're having unusual weather too.  This is the week that 3,000 trail riders are on their way to Houston for the Rodeo Parade that kicks off rodeo season.  Usually we can count on this week being cold and wet.  We're having temps in the 70's, no rain, and lots of sunshine.  Even the veteran trail riders think something is mixed up. 

Thanks, Holly.  I'll let you know when the box arrives.

Any and all colors of blenders and batiks are welcome.  Whatever you have that needs to find a new home. 

Busy here.  The Astros tour guides are having their annual party here on Sunday afternoon.  I've ordered barbecue and all of the fixins' to be delivered.  I'll make a few extra things, but not much.  We have plenty of money in our tip fund, so we might as well reap the benefit.  I do need to get my house ready, though.  

Pruning roses as well.  All but one of mine are done.  I also played with my new chainsaw yesterday, and all body parts are still properly attached.  Tomorrow is pruning the roses on the esplanade planting beds, and then Saturday is more chainsaw work.  It is hard on my hands and back, so not much at one time. 

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

2/22/2024 5:38 pm  #29

Quickly before I scare up some supper.  Yesterday, ML and I attended classmate May's funeral.  It was a celebration and I felt like the guest of honor, well she WAS, but all her 5 girls were more than loving to me with anecdotes and remembrances and thanks for being their Mom's faithful friend.  I'm only telling you this, because I don't feel I deserved it but it was heartwarming and unexpected in the midst of  the great sadness for all of them. 

Today, Howard and I did some running around town, had Wendy's chicken nuggets for lunch and enjoyed being out in the unbelievably  warm weather.  Wonder what March will be like?  It has mostly always been pure winter most of the month.  Time will tell...

Tomorrow, I have a echo cardiogram in the early afternoon. Then, I'm ready to stay home for a few days after that and catch up.   Better go and figure it out.   Sweet Dreams.
Indy 

Last edited by indyanny (2/22/2024 5:40 pm)

2/22/2024 6:58 pm  #30

Well, darn it!  I just accidentally closed out my post.  How silly of me.

Here I go again...Yes, Holly, Kelli did suffer from Minieres Disease and stumbled or fell often.  And also, yes, I miss her every day.  I keep track of her family via Facebook since they live 4 hours away.  Jessi's son fell at school and has a nasty skull fracture.  He is now just allowed to attend half days after a week in hospital and two weeks at home.  He is still experiencing a hearing loss on his side of the head where the fracture occurred.  I think the left.  Hopefully he will heal completely.

Trish, the stash busting is going well, but I mainly am working on scrap busting.  I had a three drawer plastic bin and all three drawers were stuffed with odd scraps.  I have been pressing them flat and then cutitng into strings, 2.5 x 2.5 squares or 5" squares.  Oh, and 6.5 x 3.5 "bricks" for my Bonnie Hunter scrap patterns.  She uses a lot of that size in her patterns.    I also made a quilt as you go string quilt.  I thought the batting was too thin with just a cotton backing so I added a warm and white batting too.  Well, it was really heavy for a baby quilt, but it will make a great pad to place on the floor.    I also made it square, which I don't usually do, so I guess it was meant to be a pad.

I had my annual eye exam yesterday.  It was good news.  I do have some new wrinkling in my right eye macula but not severe enough for a surgery like my left eye had.  AND my vision with my cataract surgeries is now 20/25!  It was a rough year last year for eye surgeries but well worth it.

Sending well wishes for all, especially those not felling up to par.

It is cool and rainy today but at least it is not snow!

2/22/2024 10:12 pm  #31

I WAS DIZZY ON ONE OF TRIPS TO BATHROOM. WAS BETTER WHEN GOT UP. SORTA HEADACHY MOST OF DAY. BETTER.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS...........

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

2/23/2024 3:03 am  #32

Hi! If I go missing fir wven longer than usual, I'm having a type of cornea surgery later today (Friday, Feb 23) and my vision will be blurry for several weeks to a few months.  I anticipate that i should he able to at least get on here and say hi at some point.  👍🏻

I'm still super busy with DH who is still recovering from having his wrist and hand surgery a couple weeks ago.  He's in a cast, his thumb too, so he doesn't have much use of his left arm/hand, the poor man.  Luckily, i won't have many restrictions with my eye.  Just some pain and discomfort along with blurry vision.

Back when I can

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

2/23/2024 10:48 am  #33

WELL, ANOTHER DUSTING OF SNOW.  ITS VERY UNUSUAL.  I WORRY ABOUT FOREST FIRES THIS YEAR WITH SO LITTLE MOISTURE HITTING THE FORESTS.

DIANE......GOOD LUCK ON YOUR UPCOMING SURGERY.  WILL BE SENDING UP PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS YOUR WAY.

CAROL......HOW NICE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR GIFT....A CHAINSAW.  IT TAKES ALL KINDS SO JUST HAVE FUN WITH IT AND BE CAREFUL.  WHEN I GARDENED I LOVED GETTING POTTING SOIL OR A RAIN GAUGE.  

PATTY.....GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO ENJOY YOUR BANANA FLIP.  ITS ALWAYS NICE TO GET SOMETHING YOU HAVEN'T HAD IN AN AGE.

LINDA......I HOPE YOUR MEDS IMPROVE YOUR DAY.  

NOTHING EXCITING HAPPENING HERE.  TEMPS ARE WARMING UP.  SHOULD BE 40S AND 50 FOR A FEW DAYS.   VEGGIE BEEF SOUP ON THE SUPPER MENU.  A LOT OF READING.  RIGHT NOW I AM READING A MARY MARKS QUILTING MURDER MYSTERY, FORGET ME KNOT.  ITS THE FIRST IN A SERIES OF QUILTING MYSTERIES.  SO FAR SO GOOD.  I AM ENJOYING IT IMMENSELY.  I WILL LOOK FOR MORE OF HERS IN FUTURE.
THAT'S IT LADIES.  I HOPE YOUR DAY IS REWARDING AND GIVES ENJOYMENT.  HUGS, QB S   

Last edited by quiltbea (2/23/2024 10:53 am)

2/23/2024 10:49 am  #34

Good Morning, well, I have an eye Dr. appt this morning, then this afternoon, I have a Dr. appt., so will be a busy day.  It is very still outside, but sunny and warm, 36*, so not too warm.  A beautiful day, for sure.

I don't have much to say this morning, so will keep this brief.  I have done my exercises and took Frank his coffee.  He's still in bed, why not!  The computer says it is foggy, but not here, not sure where they are!!  Well, I really don't have anything else to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

2/23/2024 11:15 am  #35

A cloudy day in the 40’s. I had Ralph get all his stuff off the kitchen table so I could swap out the V Day tablecloth for a St P’s one. He accumulates his mail for weeks before going thru it, makes me crazy because he keeps it on the table. 

I sewed the layers of Manda’s table runner together and trimmed it, now to turn it right side out and quilt it. 

Yikes, I hope Diane’s hub isn’t a lefty! 

Plan for the rest of the day is to read my library book for a while, then some cross stitch, and figure out what’s for dinner. We caught up on leftovers, so time for something new. 

2/23/2024 11:37 am  #36

Not butting in, Holly, but what about a nice wicker basket to store Ralph's unopened mail?  I can understand how that would make you nuts.  

Diane, best wishes on getting this surgery done and over.  Sometimes the waiting is worse.  You and your hubby will do your best and are always there for each other.  Hugs!

I'm off to the shower and then off to have my echo cardiogram  this afternoon.  Then, maybe lunch out afterwards and pick up some meat at Beef Mart.  Beef Mart is sort of a joke around here.  My son, Danny, once made me mad with his snide remarks, but it's a good place to get exactly how much of anything you want.  Otherwise, I sometimes throw perfectly good cooked meat away because we just don't get it eaten in a timely manner.  

It's another softly sunny day.  Chilly, but lovely, at least from looking out the slider.  Later...
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (2/23/2024 11:38 am)

2/23/2024 1:40 pm  #37

Judy, feel free to butt in any time! We have 4 kitchen chairs, and I had put a box on the chair next to his, for that purpose. He filled it, and the overflow went back on the table. He has piles all over the family room, which is his nest. He finally cleared off the dining room table, last week. He also has piles on his nightstand and the floor by his closet, and the half wall to the living room. I mostly ignore them, because he doesn’t complain about the yarn I have in various places. I only ask him to wrangle his piles when I want to change the table cloth. After all, it’s his space too, is my defense! LOL

2/23/2024 3:07 pm  #38

Afternoon y'all! 

Busy week for me.  I had a GYN appointment Tuesday, survived, see him in a year now to schedule the squishing of the girls.  YUCK!  

Wednesday, mom was in a mood, so had to deal with her. 

Thursday saw my Endocrinologist.  See him in 6 months, lab work etc.  Not as much as usual, my new primary care sent him a copy of what he did so he did not repeat those labs!  I feel like I have been vampired to death with all these lab draws from the various doctors!  

Today I saw a new dermatologist.  Really like her, she is thorough.  Unlike my old one that asked a couple questioned did a brief scan and called it done! 

I have gotten in my daily walks, keeps me sane!  I have not taken a life yet!  LOL!  It's amazing during the walks, I sometimes figure a problem out!  A wonder of how the mind works!  

I have started playing with this new  toy that converts slides to digital pictures.  I did some loose slides yesterday.  Got them on an SD card, need to figure how to send to computer.  It will be obvious when I figure it out!  LOL!  I can also do negatives.  I have a ton of those.  

I have learned doing this that my dad went to Shanghai, China before China fell to communism.  Some really cool pictures.  It was probably shortly after he joined the Army.  He was born in '31, joined at 17 yo, so late 40's the fall was in '49.  

I have not uploaded anything yet today to the SD card.  Figured I would try and load yesterdays to my computer first.  If I mess it up I can redo the slides and try again!  I have been wanting to do this for years.  My DSis kept the slides captive.  I was even a nice sister and told NSDB what I was doing and asked if he wanted a flash drive of the pictures.  No response yet.  Not shocked either!  I'm trying to be the better person, I can only do so much, he has to meet me partway!  

Off to play with my new toy!  Later my Friends! 

2/24/2024 7:56 am  #39

Merry Christmas! 

No, I’m not losing my mind. I’m in MS at the motel waiting on my grandson to pick me up to go to David’s for our family Christmas. I made the drive here yesterday and we were all together for a while to celebrate the 8 and 9 year old great granddaughters birthdays which I missed on Jan 13 and Feb 15.  Zach is picking me up since it will be late when I come back and I don’t like to drive after dark.

2/24/2024 9:22 am  #40

MARYLOU.....ITS NOT CHRISTMAS FOR ME, BUT WHAT THE HECK?.  HAVE A GREAT ONE.

NOTHING TO REPORT FOR TODAY.  SAME OLD SAME OLD FOR SATURDAY.  NO COOKING SINCE I HAVE LEFTOVERS.  MADE MY VEGGIE BEEF SOUP WITH MY FROZEN ROASTED TOMATOES ADDED YESTERDAY AND IT WAS GOOD.  I HAVE ENOUGH FOR TODAY AS WELL.
WILL SORT PILLS TODAY.  READ.  PLAY SOLITAIRE AND DO A CROSSWORD PUZZLE OR TWO.  MAYBE TAKE A NAP.

HAVE A GOOD DAY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (2/24/2024 9:25 am)

Board footera