OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

2/15/2024 1:30 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY FEBRUARY 11 ~ SAT FEBRUARY 17

WE ARE NOW WAITING ON 3-5 INCHES OF SNOW HERE LATER IN THE DAY.  I KNOW WE CAN'T MISS OUT ON SNOW FOR FEB. THE GOOD THING IS MY SON-I-L HAS A PART-TIME JOB ON A PLOW REMOVING SNOW SO ITS A GOOD THING FOR MY DAUGHTER, THE SNOW AND THE EXTRA PAYCHECK.
BY THE WAY, MY DAU. IS BACK AT WORK.  SHE WAS REALLY SICK WITH THAT FLU OR WHATEVER IT WAS.  NOT COVID.  STRANGE ATTACK.  IT TOOK 2 WEEKS OF HER LIFE AND THEN THE TRAIN ACCIDENT WITH HER DOG MADE THINGS WORSE.  SHE IS HAPPY TO BE OUT AND WORKING AGAIN.

I AM READING A PAPER BACK RIGHT NOW FROM MY DAU., SNOW ANGEL COVE BY RAEANNE THAYNE.  ITS PRETTY GOOD AND SINCE ITS A XMAS ROMANCE, I CAN ENJOY IT.  NOT AS MUCH AS I WOULD A MYSTERY, BUT ITS A GOOD READ SO FAR.  IN FACT, THERE ARE TWO LITTLE MYSTERY BITS IN THE STORY I AM ANXIOUS TO SEE HOW THEY TURN OUT.
TONITE IS HUDSON AND REX ON UP CHANNEL WHICH STARTED RECENTLY.  A DETECTIVE AND HIS GERMAN SHEPHERD SIDEKICK TAKING DOWN CROOKS.  ITS ON HERE AT 8 PM.

I HAVE BEEN JOTTING THINGS DOWN FOR MY REMINISCES FOR THE FAMILY.  THINGS LIKE SOME OF THE IDEAS I WANT TO WRITE ABOUT AND ALSO THE SEQENCE OF THINGS.  THE YEARS, MY AGE AND GRADES IN SCHOOL SO THEY CAN READ THINGS PRETTY MUCH IN ORDER.  ITS BEEN CONSUMING LOTS OF MY TIME AND THERE'S MUCH MORE THAN I EXPECTED.  TOO BAD I DO NOT HAVE A PRINTER SO I WILL HAVE TO WRITE IN LONGHAND.  AFTER WRITING A FEW PAGES, MY HANDWRITING SORT OF SQUIGGLES ALONG SO I HAVE TO STOP AND REGROUP LATER.  THIS JOB IS GOING TO TAKE A LONG TIME TO FINISH, BUT I AM UP FOR IT.

I HAVE PORK CHOP CASSEROLE LISTED FOR SUPPER TODAY.  ONLY IN A 9 BY 9 PAN SO NOT A HECK OF A LOT.  ONLY 2 BIG CHOPS.  I TWEAKED IT FROM ONE ON YOUTUBE AND MADE IT BEFORE.  IT WAS TASTY, A KEEPER FOR ME.
I DELIVERED 2 GET WELL CARDS TO LADIES HAVING IT ROUGH RIGHT NOW.  STUCK THEM UNDER THEIR DOORS WHEN I WENT DOWN FOR MY MAIL.

THAT'S IT FROM ME.  OH, LOST $6 AT BINGO LAST NITE.  MY BIGGEST LOSS.  I NEVER WON A GAME.  ALSO MET THE NEW LADY DOWN THE HALL THAT MOVED IN LAST WEEK.  NICE.
BE SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (2/15/2024 1:38 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

2/15/2024 2:07 pm  #42

Cheryl, thanks! Just trying to make my posts a little more interesting, instead of the same ole, same ole thing. I walked by the photo frame Greg got me for Christmas & this picture was on the frame. We've 'known' each other for so long now, a bit of family history is nice to share.

Judy, I wasn't scared at all, I was excited and yes, I knew it would be a permanent move. It hit me when I got older and I started really missing my family. Faye was 54 when she died.

We are leaving in 2 hours for our trip! Greg is picking me up at my house at 5:00. I've always driven to his house, so this is going to be nice!

My texts will be from the Iphone and will be smaller. I've decided not to take my laptop.

Last edited by DownSouth (2/15/2024 2:13 pm)

D e v o n n e

2/15/2024 2:09 pm  #43

Judy, I’m also low on friends. My 3 close girlfriends died before they were 60. Another became a Moonie years ago, and tho she isn’t any more, it really changed her, and now she lives in Arkansas and does something with crystals. A long time friendship ended kind of because of politics, she wanted to tell me what I think, and was very condescending toward my crafts, brags that she only reads non fiction and medical studies. She was and is a very domineering mom, and forgot she wasn’t the boss of me, LOL, so I just stopped responding to her. So I’m left with my good friend B, and the friends we have lunch with but don’t see otherwise. 

Last edited by Holly in South Jersey (2/15/2024 2:10 pm)

2/15/2024 2:11 pm  #44

HAVE TO GO BACK AND READ A COUPLE OF POSTS. TOO DIFFICULT TO READ HERE, BUT TPING IS SO MUCH EASIER HERE ON LAPTOP.

DOING SOME LAUNDRY. BEHIND ON ALL OF HOUSEWORK.. WON'T GET IT ALL CAUBHT UP RIGHT AWAY. IF EVER. DO WANT TO MAKE SOME HEADWAY. THINK WOULD HELP MY OUTLOOK.  USED TO THINK IT WAS DUE TO GOING SO MANY PLACES. HASN'T IMPROVED SINCE STAYING HOME SO MUCH  LOL!

I WAS THE OLDER OF MY 2 SISTERS, BUT GOT SOME HAND ME DOWNS FROM A COUSIN. MY GRANDMOTHER MADE ME A LOT OF CLOTHES AND COATS. SHE WAS AN EXCELLENT SEAMSTRIESS.

IN THE LOW 60s TODAY. MAY HAVE SOME WNTER WEATHER THIS WEEKEND

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS......................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

2/15/2024 3:06 pm  #45

Hi there, Just read the most recent posts.  Had some company, Diane and Dick, he was a trooper with Frank.  It was a lovely, if short, visit.  Just thought I'd check out the board while I was up and around.  So now I'll say goodbye, BJ.

2/16/2024 9:43 am  #46

Sandra, did you get the snow?
Devonne, Bon Voyage!
were predicted to get some snow tonight. They brined my street already.
Heather was here last night, she loved the table runner! She picked a charm pack and backing for a summery one. She also took a baby Afghan and a couple of oversized receiving blankets for a basket auction at the dance show next month. 

Ralph is going to try a meeting of the local senior citizens. My mom went once, and never went back because you had to be quiet during bingo, and there were no other options of things to do. So he’s going to scope it out. 

2/16/2024 10:25 am  #47

Good Morning, it is a beautiful, sunny day here, but only 34*!!  It is so still outside, but so gorgeous!  I don't have any plans for the day, Tracy is in Reno and Rhonda is in Az to visit her daughter.  So it will be a quiet weekend around here.  There's a lot of paperwork around here that needs my attention, but my brain doesn't work too well these days, so not sure how much I can do with them, may have to wait for Rhonda to come home.

Wow! the temp has dropped to 33* just in the past few minutes and the computer tells me we will get high winds today!  Not looking forward to that!  Well, I don't have anything else to say, so will just sign off, hoping you all are well, BJ.

2/16/2024 11:58 am  #48

CAROL.......ITS YOUR SPECIAL DAY TODAY.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

WELL, IF WE GOT ANY SNOW IT WAS INVISIBLE HERE.  MAYBE A LIGHT DUSTING IN THE NIGHT BUT NOTHING OF CONCERN.  TEMPS ARE COLD THOUGH, IN THE LOW 30S.
I TOOK OUT A NEIGHBOR'S TRASH AND MINE.  SO YOU SEE, I HAVE BEEN A BUSY BEE.  HA HA.

NOTHING OF NOTE TODAY.  I AM TRYING TO DECIDE WHICH FOOD TO TACKLE TONITE SO MY SON CAN TAKE SOME HOME AFTER HE SHOPS FOR ME TOMORROW.  EITHER A MEATBALL SOUP I WANT TO TRY FOR THE FIRST TIME OR A BEEF AND NOODLE CASSEROLE OR SOMETHING IN THAT RANGE.  WHATEVER IS IT, IT WILL FEATURE GROUND BEEF.

I HAVE BEEN READING.  THIS LATEST ONE IS THE MYSTERY OF THE CAPE COD TAVERN BY PHOEBE ATWOOD TAYLOR.  SO FAR I AM ENJOYING IT.  ASEY MAYO IS A MYSTERY SOLVER AND A THERE'S AN OLDER LADY WHO STICKS HER NOSE IN AND GETS ANSWERS.  ITS MY CUP OF TEA.

TO THOSE THAT ARE THINKING ABOUT GETTING A DOG......REMEMBER THAT THE TOY BREEDS, YES, THE LITTLEST ONES, THOUGH ADORABLE, ARE THE HARDEST TO HOUSE TRAIN AND IN SOME CASES THEY NEVER GET HOUSE TRAINED.   THAT COULD MEAN WET SHEETS AND WORSE IF YOU LET THEM SLEEP WITH YOU.  PROBABLY PUPPY PADS WILL ALWAYS BEEN IN YOUR FUTURE THEN.  JUST A THOUGHT LADIES.

A QUESTION FOR ALL OF YOU.......WHAT IS YOUR EARLIEST MEMORY?   MINE IS CRAWLING UP THE STEPS TO A NEIGHBOR'S APT SAYING "BOOBY BETTY" OVER AND OVER.  I COULD BARELY TALK YET BUT "BOOBY" WAS MY WORD FOR MASHED POTATOES MY MOM TOLD ME AND BETTY WAS OUR UPSTAIRS NEIGHBOR.  I ADORED HER MASHED POTATOES.    I DARE SAY I WAS NOT MUCH MORE THAN A YEAR OLD, CERTAINLY LESS THAN TWO.  MY MOM HAD FITS SINCE I WAS ADAMANT ABOUT MAKING IT UP THOSE STEPS.
CAN YOU REMEMBER SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR EARLIEST YEARS?

HAVE A GOOD DAY.  DO GOOD THINGS.  EAT WELL.  STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (2/16/2024 1:15 pm)

2/16/2024 1:17 pm  #49

I'm not surprised that you were a precocious child, QB.      That's really early  to remember.  And how sweet is that?  No actual first, here, but when I was four, cousin Warren came along, my first cousin, and we called his mom, Frances, "Pud"  (don't ask!)  I can remember running around saying, , "Pud's got a baby boy!  Pud's got a baby boy!  For me, it was like getting a sibling.  Warren (and Judy) who I've mentioned here now lives in S. Carolina and we've visited them several times.  I have always loved him and love to regale him with something I remember and, of course, he doesn't!   A year later, Lynne was born and I remember them stopping by the farm on their way home from the hospital to show her to us.  Actually, we/Grandma probably were keeping Warren.

BTW, you are sooooo right about little dogs.  We live with a dog pad always.  Fancy uses it...sometimes...
never always, and she prefers to be taken out but won't wait if we are not on top of paying attention to the timing.   She does stare at us but we don't always pick up on it and she never goes to the door or barks. 

I got a bit more done in my sewing room.  There's a lot of pondering necessary plus getting sidetracked with something I haven't looked at in a long time.  At least, I got the cutting table all cleared.  Howard asked me some time ago if we could do that.  Sometimes, he needs to use it.  I sort of feel like I've been away somewhere for a long time...   

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Carol.    Remember when people used to say, "Many happy returns"?  Wonder what that means?  Hope you have a dandy day doing whatever you want.  

Well, Devonne is on her way.  Can't wait to hear about her cruise.  It's the only cruise, I'll ever take!  
And she does a good job with narrative and pics.  

WE HAVE SNOW!  It started this morning and it's still flurrying slightly.  Have and inch or two on the deck.  
The Amish builder also started on Bill/ML's pole barn this morning.  It's to house Bill's tractor and other men things.  They're, well at least HE is excited, as excited as Bill ever gets.  It will change the look of their place.  Andrew's nose is to the grindstone with taxes so he'll have to wait a few weeks to see it.  

Holly, only Ralph?  Going to the senior group?  That reminds me, when Howard and I were just friends, he went to Parents Without Partners.  One time, he stopped by my house on his way and  asked if I'd like to go with him to a meeting.  I said yes, but then I changed my mind and backed out, so he didn't go either.  Never did again.  That was the start of us "dating".  In parentheses because,  being older than him, and thinking I was TOO old, I didn't consider it dating for awhile.  Something about PWP just turned me off. 
The funny thing, at least to me, was he drove his ex-MIL to it a few times.  She was a multiple-divorced person and always looking, I guess.    

Some of this post got ahead of what I'd already written.  I'm just going to post it as it turned out.  
Have a good day. 
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (2/16/2024 1:23 pm)

2/16/2024 2:54 pm  #50

Judy, yep, just Ralph- he got there, found out it would be just bingo for 3 hours, and left and came home. 

Happy Birthday Carol! 

we could get a couple of inches tonight.

2/16/2024 4:28 pm  #51

Afternoon y'all! 

Carol: Happy Birthday! 

Holly: Mom was born in New Brunswick Canada.  Married Dad in Tooele, Utah, became a US citizen, but could keep the Canadian citizenship.  
We would like to move to either N.E. Georgia, or Western North Carolina.  The Smokies and Blue Ridge are both breath taking! 

Cheryl: no church friends here either.  I am meeting people I see all the time at the park that come up to me and say, I saw you at church, we strike up a conversation, then go on our way.  We wave at church...  I am not active.  Every time I tried I was apparently not their caliber of a person, I didn't devote myself the way they do.  I'm not a nun and will not go down that path.  

Last couple days has been running around for mom.  Yesterday, I went to the bank, they misspelled her last name on one of the accounts.  They reissued the checks due to a misspelling, all they would do, would not change her name on the account.  I will deal with that later.  To UPS to get the POA copy certified, mail taxes and tried to send the POA, they refused it because, it was a PO Box!  Off to visit mom, park, home, to PO ($42+to send a POA to Canada!!!) then the Farmers Market with Luke in tow.  I will not go to the farmers market by myself.  Not comfortable doing that. 

Today, Mom, Park home. cleaned a couple piles in my room.  Getting Valentine's together to pack away for next year!  Alex had dumped stuff in my room when he moved out of the college apartment.  That was almost 5 years ago.  I have inherited bins and into those bins this stuff went and into the basement with his stuff.  I have 2 king size pillows, put them in my cedar chest, they keep getting moved around the room, time they got a home.  Plus a few other things found a permanent home.  My room is looking bigger.  I know hubby sees the Alex stuff gone, wonder if he will notice the other stuff?  He helped me get the bins to the room.  

Supper is catfish nuggets.  The boys love them.  Works for me.  Got Wild Caught Catfish at the Farmers Market.  I do not care for farm raised.  This is the closest place that sells Wild Caught!  

I do not feel as overwhelmed as I did this time last year!  Still somewhat overwhelmed, but I look back at what I have accomplished, and see what I still have to do and am amazed we got this done.  Finding time or making time for me to do what I like is great!  It is due to the major stuff off my plate!  Still have a few hurdles to go, but that tunnel light is so much brighter!  

The lake property Perc test will get done next week!!!!!!!  Then we should be talking a closing date, hopefully!  I have stopped making appointment for me since I don't want to cancel and reschedule!  Most are the next couple weeks so I should be good.  

Need to go make supper! 

Later my Friends! 

2/16/2024 5:30 pm  #52

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  I got what I really wanted:  a Ryobi 6" chainsaw.  I keep getting weed trees in my garden, and I just cannot wield a handsaw any more.  I saw 6" chainsaws last year, but they were weird brands I'd never heard of.  Now Ryobi has one, so Glen took me to Home Depot today and bought it plus the battery and battery charger.  I will test it on Monday.  Probably shouldn't rev the thing up on Sunday morning and wake up the neighborhood!  

Holly, glad Ralph found out the lay of the land before y'all invested a lot of time.

Sandra, hoping you get to enjoy a dusting of snow but nothing to stop you from getting things done.

Request here:  When I did the quilt for Diana, I used nearly all of the fabrics y'all had shared a few years ago.  If you are cleaning out and decided what you don't want any more, I'll take the tone on tones and batiks that you need to find a new home for.  I have enough left for one more comfort quilt, but I know -- sadly -- we will need more in the future.  I don't like to think about that, but I do like to be prepared. 

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

2/16/2024 7:44 pm  #53

HOLLY I am so so sorry I missed your birthday, hope it was a good  one and wishing you the happiest year to come !!!

CAROL HAPPY BIRTHDAY hope you get to do something you like, even if it's just listening to some opera at home. Hope your year ahead is the happiest yet!!

SANDRA did you decide yet?? (dinner)  I love the sound of those those books, I will search out the author, the forest one sounds a bit like a Miss Marple one. 

DEVONNE maybe you won't see this, but hope you have a good trip (((hugs)))

THERESA quite a week, I had a similar one, busy style LOL I am waiting anxiously for the next to see if it improves!! 
Wow that is a lot for postage! It is such a pain to get all this done, but what a relief when it is((((hugs))))

HOLLY do they do other things?? Our senior meeting do other stuff, also afternoon teas, and we have Men's Shed here, most suburbs have one, great for the men to go to, they make things, do woodwork, paint, make things for preschools, all sorts of stuff, the ones that can't do the machinery stuff do other things, they also have a BBQ every month. 

INDY we had a small dog, he trained himself in one day, and always 'went' on the tiles in the bathroom if we were away too long. He was a greedy little guy for treats, and learnt when you went you got a treat, sometimes he would go and drip a little just to get the treat. We never used pads. Lucky I guess, hope you have a nice quiet week, and hoping I do too LOL 

My brain is in a mess, we have had quite the week, the Mr has vertigo, and a bad back, BUT he is still playing bowls, and is so crabby when he's home, town angel and home devil my nan used to say. Megan saw it last night, she came with a heat pack, and gave him some "hot tongue" and will do again tonight I expect. 
My darling sis is also having family problems, one of her BILs is dying of cancer, he lives with one of the sisters, and  sis's DH and another brother go there to help, the other BIL's wife took her own life this week, awful, she was able to be found by police, and they tried to talk to her, but she told them if they came closer she would jump ( a large cliff north of us) they got too close and she ran and jumped. The brother with cancer is expected to be moved to hospital - was going be 2 days ago, but they rang and said it would have to wait till today. It will be a blessing when he goes there, and it probably won't be for long.

So between trips to physio, my sis and phone calls it's been a week. She is fine, but worried about her Sis- IL who has been doing the caring for their brother, she has been doing this for almost 2 years and is exhausted, with the suicide on top she is struggling. JO (or JoJo as the kids called her ) was such a lovely person, she was being treated, but clearly it wasn't enough. This was her 3rd attempt. She was beautiful, talented and very caring, but never felt SHE was good enough. So sad for her to live like that, I just can't understand it. 

​I  need to get some bread made, I fogot to take my starter out of the fridge. So it will be made tomorrow. I also got the Jane Austen diamonds sorted into their rows, now I just need to be careful when I sew them together, I have done a fair bit of unpicking so far. LOL Not only do I need to sew the right set to the right side I need to make sure the print is oriented the right way - There has been a few errors LOL

SANDRA forgot to say - that flu has been awful here too, people have had it for weeks, they have all said it's far worse than covid. And it's quite a virulent strain too, Hope she feels better soon.

Last edited by tricia-anne (2/16/2024 7:49 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

2/17/2024 10:00 am  #54

ITS GRAY OUT THERE AND AGAIN THEY TELL US TO EXPECT SNOW.  THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM THEY SAY SO MAYBE THEY WILL BE RIGHT THIS TIME.  IN ANY CASE, I AM A HOMEBODY SO IT WON'T AFFECT ME UNLESS THE POWER FAILS.  
MY SON SHOPS FOR ME TODAY.  I WANTED TO HAVE SOMETHING READY FOR HIM TO TAKE HOME AND NOTHING COOKED YET.  I MAY HAVE SOMETHING BY EARLY AFTERNOON WHEN HE WILL BRING MY GROCERIES.  WE SHALL SEE.

TRISH......MY GOODNESS GIRL, SO MUCH HAPPENING WITH YOU AND FAMILY.  SO SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR LOSSES AND THE AILING.  ITS TOUGH WHEN FAMILY ARE SUFFERING.  I WISH YOU BETTER DAYS.  I KNOW YOU ARE STRONG AND WILL GET THROUGH THEM ALL.  JUST BE THERE WHEN NEEDED.
THAT CAPE COD BOOK I READ I HAD TO SKIP TO THE LAST 2 CHAPTERS.  IT GOT SO CONVOLUTED IN THE REASONING OF BOTH THOSE CHARACTERS.  I DO THAT SOMETIMES WHEN THE BOOK IS DULL (TO ME) OR RAMBLES TOO MUCH.  WHEN ONE'S TIME IS LIMITED, ONE HAS TO PICK THEIR ENJOYMENT.

CAROL.......I WISH I COULD HELP YOU WITH THE BATIKS AND TONE ON TONES.  I NEVER HAVE BATIKS AND AS FOR TONALS, THE FEW I HAVE I NEED FOR MY OWN PROJECTS SINCE I NEVER GET OUT TO SHOP ANYMORE.  I AM SURE A FEW ON THIS BOARD CAN ACCOMODATE YOUR NEEDS.  IN FUTURE YOU KNOW YOU CAN COUNT ON ME FOR A CHECK WHEN ITS QUILT TIME.  AT LEAST I CAN HELP WITH THE MAILINGS.

DEVONNE......I WISH YOU A WONDERFUL JOURNEY ON THAT BRAND NEW HUGE SHIP.  

SAN......HOW ARE YOU DOING GIRL?  ARE THINGS A LITTLE BETTER NOW THAT A BIT OF TIME HAS PASSED?  I KNOW ITS TOUGH WHEN ONE LOSES A SPOUSE.  ITS GOOD YOU HAVE FAMILY AROUND YOU FOR SUPPORT.  HUGS. 

JANET......WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?  HOW'S LIFE TREATING YOU?

LINDA......I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD DAY.  I KNOW THERE ARE TIMES BETTER THAN OTHERS.  LETS HOPE FOR A BETTER ONE TODAY.

EXCITEMENT FOR THE DAY?   MAKING ITALIAN SANDWICHES FOR MY SON TO TAKE HOME AND SORTING MY PILLS FOR THE COMING WEEK.  I KNOW, YOU WISH YOU LIVED THE WILD LIFE AS I DO.
I HAVE ANOTHER MYSTERY BOOK TO START, TRIPLE WITCH BY SARAH GRAVES.  AT LEAST I KNOW SHE'S A GOOD WRITER SO THE BOOK SHOULD HOLD MY INTEREST.

WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (2/17/2024 10:10 am)

2/17/2024 11:05 am  #55

Carol, of course! It might be the end of next week by the time I get to the post office, though. 
It snowed all night, but didn’t lay on the walkways or road. So pretty! 
Trish, he says only bingo, but I’ll ask on the town chat.

2/17/2024 11:37 am  #56

We got to the port at 9:00 and were able to board at 10:30. We just had lunch. I had a chicken quesadilla and Waldorf salad. I never fix them at home, but I do like them. Greg got a chicken burrito and he said it wasn't any good. They had shrimp cocktail in the buffet. On Carnival, it's only available in the main dining room. I don't like seafood, but a lot of people were getting it.

Weare at the waterpark right now at the waterslides. Of course, you know I'm not going down them, just an observer, lol!😀

Some of the decor colors are too "carnival" looking for me, but there are other areas I really like. for instance, where I am sitting now, the floor is lime, green, and behind me the decorations are all bright colors. I think this is mostly done for the kids.

Last edited by tricia-anne (2/17/2024 7:38 pm)

D e v o n n e

2/17/2024 5:42 pm  #57

We got snow last night too.  We have about 2 inches and it is really an "icy" snow.  The  driveway and sidewalk are all ice.  I did go to the grocery store and the main roads were fine, but the parking lots were difficult to walk across.

I made a roast chicken and some oven roasted zucchini for supper.  It was good.  We are having Dean's birthday dinner tomorrow and will grill some steaks.  I did break down and pay the price for them since it is for his birthday.  Pretty simple dinner will be steaks, twice baked potato casserole and salad.  I made a chocolate Texas Sheet Cake for him since it is his very favorite.  I also made some "copycat" Texas Roadhouse dinner rolls and they are fantastic!  I use my bread machine and they are so easy to make.

Trish, so sorry for all the family troubles,  I will "ditto" what Sandra said.

Carol, I do have some tone on tones but with the price of mailing,  I would rather send you some money so you can buy a yard or so of what you need.  Would that work for you?  I do so appreciate all that you do with the comfort quilts.

Holly, when my mom went to bingo at our senior center, those ladies and gents talked up a storm during bingo!  I was always amazed at how those old folks could talk, smoke (back when one could smoke indoors) and talk at the same time.  Some of them played 4 and 6 bingo cards at once.  I was pretty young and could not see all the numbers as fast as they!  lol.  I did not like going with my mom, especially because of the smoke.

Last edited by tricia-anne (2/17/2024 7:38 pm)

2/17/2024 6:48 pm  #58

Sure, Cheryl.  That works too.  I don't mind using my stash, but I think it's more thoughtful if everyone contributes a little to comfort one of our dear friends. 

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

2/17/2024 7:58 pm  #59

THANKS for the sympathy, both sis and I are pretty good at coping, this has just been a week, it finished with her DH coming to Sydney yesterday, his car went kaput!! She told him to forget the cost and she organised a tow truck to get back home, he was close to me so I was able to tell her the roads, he was coming to attend a meet and greet for his football, he's playing in the masters (I think it's in Vegas?) so he was quite stressed about it all, he will probably miss Jo's funeral, but it can't be helped. he was chosen for this trip  months ago.,

We are all fine, the Mr is still alive, he was a little sheepish last night, I think he realises he's been not so nice at home. 

My lid of my favourite pot broke, I have been waiting to get a replacement, they finally got them in, so picked it up today, as well as a couple baking sheets, one of  mine is so old and stained it's disgusting, but it's my favourite one to use, I cover with either baking paper or foil, it's so discoloured LOL But it still works fine for me. I'm betting the new ones I got don't last as long. 

I've been plodding along with Jane Austen. She is time consuming, and I really shouldn't devote as much time as I have, it's not a race. I just can't seem to stop.

Carol I will search out some fabrics, I know I have batiks here, I might be able to get them sent to you! Thank you for all you do, you  are a treasure (((((hugs))))

DEVONNE the carnival ships are quite gaudy to me LOL some of those colours EEK! I guess that's why they are Carnival. Have a good time!

SANDRA I haven't had time to search out the authors yet. I might get to that now! Tonight will be your favourite KFC, I know I won't be cooking tonight.

CHERYL when you mentioned smoking, i realised that in the Midwife series they all smoke non-stop. Even Drs in their rooms, and in the clinic for mums and babies, how times have changed LO that would never happen now!

Julie messaged me last  night, she had watched a travel show and one of the places we go to on our cruise together is Great Oyster Bay, I watched it on replay, we both decided we will be going, but our hubbies probably won't. I love fresh oysters, straight off the shell YUM, can't wait for that. I hope the ship does a tour to the place. 

I bought some special coat hangers for our coming trip, they blow up so the clothes have room to dry, I bought 2 sets of 2, do you think I can find where I put them, I need to start writing down these odd things I get and where I put them, I found something a few weeks back I had totally forgotten about,
They weren't too expensive so I can order more on Amazon if I need to.

Have a great weekend coming up, mine is almost finished, I'll be back later to lock. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

2/17/2024 10:56 pm  #60

carol, I’m not to the unpacking the fabric stage of setting my new sewing lair. 
it’s very slow going but I have to depend on my mom to take me so I hate to ask too much. 

I could not figure out what was wrong with me the last couple of days but I finally realized, while I was at the laundromat yesterday that it was probably because I couldn’t be on my oxygen the last couple nights because I had to do the overnight oximeter. My brain works much slower post Covid, normally it wouldn’t have taken me 2 days to figure it out!
Im hoping to get to my lair soon, I had some standing mats delivered to the store for In front of Loosey, my long arm.  I learned my lesson with the batting!!
mom said someone had taken them down to my lair so I’m anxious to unpack them and see if I need another one. Like I said, slooow going on getting it all set up. There’s a lot that needs to be moved down from the store, my sewing machine and table (it’s made me. Crazy the last 3 years hoping no one but Pam would use them) 
and another sewing machine I got,  books and even some random fabric that I noticed up there that I must have been using right before I got sick so it wasn’t in with my main stash. Plus,  there’s quite a bit here that needs moving too 🙄
i soooooo very much miss my home on the farm, with my perfect quilt studio spaces. And just the room and storage I had there, not to mention all of the hundreds of other things I miss.  I still despise my house and where I live but I’m trying harder to make the best of it nowadays. Not easy for me but it’s a daily challenge to remind myself not to dwell on all I lost. 
I don’t know if I mentioned that my sister got a Bernese Mountain Dog a few weeks ago. She’s a great dog!  Very loving and well behaved, a trainer has been there a couple of times to help teach her how to get in the car easier.  
everyone is so excited about Roxie and nobody has given a 💩 about MissMinniePearl. ☹️ 

I’ve read all of your posts but it’s too much for my addled brain to remember it all enough to comment individually.  

I’ve spent the day watching Hallmark movies and I’ve got a book I want to get to so I’ll leave you with Indy’s sweet dreams.  
judy, let me know if you have copyrighted that line that you used for so many years 💜

ASHLEY
KENTUCKY 

Board footera