OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

1/27/2024 11:51 pm  #1

ODT SUNDAY FEBRUARY 11 ~ SAT FEBRUARY 17

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

2/11/2024 2:29 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY FEBRUARY 11 ~ SAT FEBRUARY 17

Happy Sunday!

I've been even busier than usual so I haven't read or posted.  DH had wrist and hand surgery Tuesday (they basically reconstructed his wrist, fused 4 bones in his hand, and grafted a bone from his knee area) and he has been in a great deal of pain, the poor guy.  He was better today, but it's up and down.

Anyway, I better run catch some sleep while I can.

Take care!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

2/11/2024 10:16 am  #3

On the SS issue, if in some states you can collect pension and SS, and some you can’t, seems like it was the state’s decision to not allow it. I didn’t realize that in Mary Lou’s state the teachers don’t pay into SS, so that makes sense. But for Cheryl and Carol, it’s strange. Has anyone ever asked their state legislators why that is? 

It’s an overcast day here, almost 50. =26pxWe’re going to lunch with F and C, and on the way back stopping at the local deli to pick up the hoagie Ralph ordered for the stupor bowl as he “watches” it. 

I did a blog post with a pic of the table runner in progress. The top is done, I just have to put the layers together.

2/11/2024 10:36 am  #4

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is or has been raining, slight wind.  The very tall trees are moving a tiny bit.  I have no plans for the day, we spent yesterday driving around.  Saw some beautiful country.  Got an ice cream on the way home.  Had a wonderful day.  Tracy drove the whole time, so I just relaxed in the back.

Well, Tracy just got up, so I suppose I should visit with her.  She goes home today and won't be back next weekend as they're going to Vegas.  I hope everyone has a nice day.  Spend it well, BJ.

2/11/2024 11:03 am  #5

So, here's the "long" short explanation, Holly.  The federal government decided about 30 years ago that they don't want people "double dipping," i.e., collecting two different pensions and making a lot of money from being retired.  The argument was that it would bankrupt the system. 

So, if your Texas school district has you contribute to an alternate pension plan, you don't pay into Social Security.  Some districts in Texas actually didn't opt into the Texas Teacher Retirement System, so those people collect Social Security like everyone else.  Other states have the same systems.  It's really weird.   From my investigations, I can collect Social Security and my pension; however, I can only get SS that would be more than my pension.  In other words, if my SS is worth $2,010 and my pension is $2020, I can't collect SS. Right now, my pension is slightly higher.  When I hit 70, my SS might be a bit higher, so if my pension is $2020 and my SS is $2040, I can collect the $20 difference.  Yay.  I might be able to afford a gallon of milk and a dozen eggs on that in 2027.  The chances of my pension increasing are slim and none, and slim left town.  We just got our first COLA raise in 23 years.  I got a whopping 2%, some who had been retired longer than I got 4%, and a few got 6%.  Last year, the state legislature granted us an extra paycheck in lieu of a COLA raise.  

The real solution is for Congress to pass a bill that abolishes the windfall profit elimination, which is the official term for the "double dipping."  They got close last year, but didn't get it through.  

I just don't understand why I can't access a system that I paid into.  I would understand if I had never paid SS.  I continue to pay into it as an Astros employee.  Not much.  I think it was $18 last year.  Tour guides are not heavily compensated, money-wise, LOL.  

We're having a rough morning.  Lots of thunderstorms and several tornadoes north of Houston.  I'm on the south side, so we're waiting for some rain, but nothing dangerous so far.  Lots of people are hiding in closets and bathrooms.  No basements in this part of the world.  The water table is about 6 feet below ground level.  Basements would be permanent indoor swimming pools.  

Back later.  I hear thunder. 

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

2/11/2024 11:40 am  #6

THE GOOD THING ABOUT LIVING IN THE NORTH ARE BASEMENTS TO HIDE FROM TORNADOES AND GIVE YOURSELF A BETTER CHANCE.  THOUGH IN THE FAR NORTH THERE ARE VERY FEW TORNADOES.  WE GET A RARE ONE NOW AND THEN,  A LOWER WIND DANGER, BUT IT CAN RIP OFF SHED ROOFS AND TOPPLE A PATH OF TREES HERE AND THERE.  BUT NOT FOR MORE THAN A FEW SECONDS. WE CALL THEM WIND SHEER OR WIND BURSTS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

NICE DAY HERE AGAIN.  I AM ENJOYING THE SUNSHINE WITH MY LIVING ROOM WINDOW OPEN TO GIVE ME A NICE BREEZE WHILE I WATCH TV OR READ OR DOODLE ON THE COMPUTER.

PLANS ARE SIMPLE.  TAKE OUT THE TRASH.  FINALLY, AND I MEAN IT THIS TIME, DO MY LAUNDRY BEFORE ITS IMPOSSIBLE.  I MADE SOME WALNUT CLUSTERS LAST NITE.  WATCHED LOTS OF TV SINCE ITS SAT. NITE AND OUR PBS STATIONS FEATURE MANY OF MY FAVORITS SHOWS, LIKE DOC MARTIN, AGATHA CHRISTIE[i]'S MISS MARPLE[/i], AS TIME GOES BY.....AND SO FORTH.  I AM REALLY ENJOYING THIS LAST SEASON OF DOC MARTIN.  I HAVE WATCHED EACH ONE AT LEAST 3 TIMES EACH FROM THIS NEW SEASON.  LOVING IT.  I AM THANKFUL I HAVE A CABLE BOX THAT CAN RECORD UP TO 6 PROGRAMS AT THE SAME TIME.  SOMETIMES ITS NEEDED TO GET ALL MY FAVORITES.  THEN I CAN WATCH THEM ALL AT MY LEISURE.
AS FOR COOKING, I AM NOT SURE.  WHATEVER TAKES MY FANCY.  I STILL HAVE SOME MASHED AND GRAVY FROM THE KFC LEFTOVERS SO MAYBE WITH A HAMBURER FOR SUPPER.

CAROL......ITS A SPECAIL DAY FOR YOU AND GLEN.  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY YOU TWO.  I HOPE YOU GET TO DO SOMETHING YOU ENJOY OR EAT OUT.  JUST ENJOY IT.

DEVONNE......I AM SURE YOU ARE BUSY GETTING READY FOR YOUR, PROBABLY, LAST BOAT TRIP.  I HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT WELL FOR YOU IN MANEURVING THAT HUGE SHIP.  AND HAVING YOUR GARY STAY AT YOUR HOUSE DURING THAT TIME SO HE CAN GET AWAY FROM THE REST OF THE FAMILY EXCITEMENT IS SO THOUGHTFUL OF YOU.

DIANE.....SORRY TO HEAR YOUR DH IS SUFFERING FROM THE AFTER EFFECTS OF HIS HAND AND WRIST SURGERY.  I HOPE THAT EASES FOR HIM MIGHTY SOON.  IT MAKES THE WIFE WORRY DURING SUCH A TIME OF RECOVERY.

LINDA......I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY WITH LESS TROUBLES WITH YOUR EYES.  I KNOW ITS AN ONGOING BATTLE.  HUGS.

GOT TO GET MYSELF IN GEAR.  THINGS TO DO TODAY BEFORE I CAN REST AND GET BACK TO MY M C BEATON BOOK WITH HAMISH MACBETH.  ITS ONE I HAVE NOT READ BEFORE.

STAY SAFE EVERYONE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (2/11/2024 11:52 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

2/11/2024 4:06 pm  #7

Diane, that sounds so painful! I hope he has plenty of pain pills to get him thru this surgery. 

BJ, how wonderful you took a really nice long ride and got ice cream too! Sending my love and hugs. Hope you're having a nice quiet Sunday! 

Carol, I pray you will be safe from the storms. Happy anniversary! I'm glad you posted the paragraph that you don't understand because it makes no sense to me either. I get a pension check every month from Kroger (Billy worked there 39 years). I also got his SS amount when he passed away (because it was more than my SS check). Now very little (if any?) companies have pension plans, only 401K plans.

Holly, that's going to be a nice tablerunner! I like the fabrics you're using.

I'm grooming the dogs today until I finish them. I don't want to make them tired (and me too) so we take breaks! Went to breakfast with Gary & Emily, then to Walmart for things for the trip.

I am looking forward to this cruise, but dreading all the walking. Praying my knees don't go out on me. There are no buttons in the elevators. You use a kiosk outside the elevator, tell it which floor you want to go to and it tells you which "letter" elevator to take. How interesting!

I got a good laugh out of this picture. That's me now and in the 4th grade. I loved that dress. It was a royal blue with orange flowers. My head looks bigger than my face, lol! Billy always said I had the hardest skull, lol. 

Last edited by DownSouth (2/11/2024 4:14 pm)

D e v o n n e

2/11/2024 5:15 pm  #8

Carol, thanks for the explanation. I googled it, it affects 2 million people, or 3% of SS age people, and seems like when the employer did not collect SS, and the person also worked an SS collecting job. The reasoning was not to give a financial advantage when figuring out SS benefits, because it would make it appear that the SS applicant worked low paying jobs when they actually didn’t, and SS is weighed to give a higher benefit amount to those on the lower end. I was reading it in the AARP site, and commenters are really made that AARP isn’t fighting it. I guess because to them it’s not the majority of people? I think if you can’t collect, they should have to refund you all that you paid in, with interest. But again, since it’s a small percentage of people, they don’t care. 

2/11/2024 6:39 pm  #9

I am so so sorry, i completely forgot about locking and bumping !!! THANKS DIANE

DIANE I hope you DH is feeling better soon, that surgery is no fun, my DH had his wrist bones fused many years ago, it was very painful (((hugs)))

SANDRA sounds like a lovely day, those are all shows I love,  and I can re watch them a lot as well. I must catch up on Doc Martin, I stopped watching and haven't got back. I am really enjoying the Midwife series, the episodes go for a long time though, but it was good while I was marking sewing lines on all the diamonds for my Jane Austen. LOL Sharing with your less able friends is so good of you, they would really appreciate it (((hugs)))

DEVONNE going slow with the grooming is good, be careful your back. Maybe  G & E are realising that the way they live is not for them? Do you think they might want to move in with you? You need your space, so I hope not, but they could ask, be prepared.

CAROL that is a lot of rain, I thought we had it all over this side of the pond LOL Our north is being deluged. I hope the weather stays OK for you, That is early for the roses isn't it? I'm trying to figure out the difference in season, ours get done in July ( very late July LOL ) so about 2/3 through our winter, I think your area is similar temp to ours.

HOLLY nice to see you have gotten back into sewing. I find that I can switch to knitting for winter as well, it's something to do at night. 

STRINGS that is how I feel lately, just hang in there. visit when you can, we miss you!

INDY hope things are OK with Andrew and he is toasty in his apartment. There has been a lot of activity for you lately, rest, relax and enjoy some quiet time, although with the Mr it's not always so quiet is it LOL

DEVONNE forgot to say I had a similar haircut at that age, must have been the fashion back then.

I had a lovely dinner with the fitness group on Saturday night, we met at the new studio with drinks and canapés for it's official opening, and then walked across the hall to the chinese restaurant. It was lovely and we had a fun night, inexpensive as well. 
We all shared the dishes, and we had plenty of fun rotating the big lazy susan to send the food across to the other side. There were only 8 of us in the end, we were expecting 12. So they had us at the large table. 

I have done most of the housework already, and need to get organised now to go to yoga, see you later.

Last edited by tricia-anne (2/11/2024 6:41 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

2/11/2024 7:51 pm  #10

Since I am NOT watching the Super Bowl, thought I would post again. I love to type; being a secretary so many years, it's still in my blood, lol.

Trish, I don't think anyone wants to permanently live in an RV and they will be there 3 years this July. To me, RV's are for traveling and camping, like spending the week in Yosemite, etc. They sold their house in April 2021 to move to this land and Gary got sick with Covid the next month. Their financial situation really changed. Oh my gosh, I hope they never ask me that, yikes! 

Emily is a smoker and that's a big issue with me...she smokes outside, but the smell lingers. It's not that I don't have the room; family living together seldom works. I think that's what is happening at G&E's place. Everyone is too close there for comfort and it's causing issues. 

I don't mind them staying here the 10 days I'm gone. The kids will also be here every day until Ben gets off work to come and get them. Still, Gary and Emily will get some peace as Ben & Hannah will be forced to keep them every night (I think that's the reason they want to stay here.) 

I did watch the Super Bowl half time and thought it was awful. I'm not into all the dancing. I just like singers being a singer, like Reba did the national anthem. It was way too much for me. 

Last edited by DownSouth (2/11/2024 8:03 pm)

D e v o n n e

2/12/2024 10:29 am  #11

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY BUT THE WEATHER WILL CHANGE TOMORROW.  WE WILL GET SOME SNOW SHOWERS IN OUR FORECAST.  THANKS CAROL FOR SENDING YOUR RAIN EAST AND THEN DEVONNE, THANKS FOR SENDING IT NORTH.  THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS DO.....SHARE.  LOL

ITS LINCOLN'S BIRTHDAY TODAY.  I REMEMBER WHEN I WAS A KID GETTING BOTH LINCOLN'S AND WASHINGTON'S BIRTHDAYS OFF.  GEORGE'S IS THE 22ND.  IT WAS WONDERFUL GETTING 2 DAYS OFF THAT MONTH.  NOW THEY TIE THEM IN TOGETHER FOR PRESIDENT'S DAY FOR ONE HOLIDAY.
THAT'S MY HISTORY LESSON FOR THE DAY.

NOTHING SPECIAL PLANNED AGAIN.  I MAY MAKE SOME PIZZA.  I HAVE A FEW FROZEN DOUGHS IN THE FREEZER WHICH I SHOULD BE USING SOON.  I LIKE IT AND SO DO MY NEIGHBORS SO IT MAY BE THE WAY TO GO TONIGHT.

TRISH.......YES, I LOVE THOSE SAME PROGRAMS YOU DO.  I LOVE OUR SATURDAY NITES HERE FOR TV.  MOST OF MY FAVORITES.  
DO YOU WATCH FATHER BROWN?  REMEMBER MRS. McCARTHY, HIS HOUSEKEEPER?  SHE WAS FEATURED IN DETECTIVE MURDOCH'S LATEST PREMIERE THIS WEEK, A VERY DIFFERENT KIND OF LADY.  THE THING I REALLY DISLIKE IS A 2-PARTER.........AND  WAITING TIL NEXT WEEK TO SEE HOW IT ALL ENDS.  ANYWAY, MRS. McCARTHY IS DOING A GREAT JOB THIS WEEK.

THAT'S ABOUT IT LADIES.  DULL, DULL, DULL BUT I LIKE TO CHECK IN WITH YOU SO YOU KNOW I'M STILL ALIVE AND KICKING.  NOW I HAVE TO DO MY LAPS IN THE HALLWAY.
STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (2/12/2024 10:40 am)

2/12/2024 10:37 am  #12

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope you all are feeling well.  It is very gloomy here this morning, been raining and is very cloudy.  Not a nice day!!  Frank is still sleeping, at least he was the last time I looked.  So that's a good thing.  It is around 8:30 here.  Having my first cup of coffee, it tastes really good.  Tracy went home last night.  We had a lovely visit.  She is traveling next weekend, so I won't see her for two weeks.  Will seem strange!!

I really don't have anything to say today, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

2/12/2024 12:38 pm  #13

QB,  I never think 'Oh what a boring life QB lives.'  Or anybody else...  I'm sure not getting out to go anywhere can be dulling day after day but look at all you do, albeit the same ol', same ol', and how thoughtful and generous you are.  That really counts in the whole scheme of things.  I always say, thank goodness for books and tv!  

It's cold but we have beautiful sunshine here, today.  An incredible February, a month I usually dread and can't wait for it to be over.  Usually, the snow is so deep on our little deck that we couldn't get the door open if we wanted to.

We're in a dither about our small group gathering on Friday.  One couple is on their delayed honeymoon cruise, one man is having surgery today, one couple is in their winter quarters in Florida, so out of a full crew of 12, only six are available.  I'm pretty sure we're going to cancel/postpone.  it's been an Ethel/Lucy episode with the group texting and inability to pull that off the last few days.  I won't elaborate, but you all know how aggravating cell phones can be!  

Trish, Andrew is plugging through his first "busy season", tax time, you know, at his company.  Eleven or twelve hours week days and 5 on Saturdays until April 15th.  He is going to get to go to their office in Texas at some point.  The object of that is a means for their employees to interact and augment the human connections during this time.  He's looking forward to that and a change of scene.   

Devonne, I like typing, too.  Have to be careful with these computers and not do something wrong and screw up the whole thing, though.  Did you type on a IBM Selectric in your early working days?  IMHO, they were the very best and a joy to type on.  But, nothing stays the same and it is nice to be able to correct the way it's done, now.  And...I do my share of correcting because I'm too much in a hurry.  Do your girls like to be groomed or do you have to chase them down?  I can't remember, did you rent a scooter for your cruise?

We "churched" here at home, yesterday, as we've been doing.  I got a call early afternoon that my classmate in Missouri, May, had just passed away.   She had many health problems that weren't fixable.  We started first grade together and have been friends all these years.   Not exactly bosom friends, but when there are only 8 girls in your class for 12 yrs., they become family.  Now there are only 3 of us  girls left.   And 3 boys.  Half of our class of 12 are gone.  I will miss her occasional calls and visits when she came back up here.  

BJ, sounds like you had a very nice weekend with Tracy.  Two weeks will be a long time but I know you would never want her to miss this trip.  I loved you reminding us to spend our day well.  Easy for me to waste it!  
Back later,
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (2/12/2024 12:43 pm)

2/12/2024 1:11 pm  #14

I took a late nap yesterday, woke up when it was almost dark! So stayed up til after 1 cross stitching, so slept til 10 this morning! 

Ralph is such a football fan- not. I asked him at one point who was winning, and he said the red team!

After breakfast, I pinned the zig zag quilt to the batting and backing. I found a shamrock fabric that I used for the backing, so it’s reversible, and I actually finished it. This one is for Heather. I’ll see her one day this week and give it to her. 

Sandra, I remember having the 12th and 22nd off from school. Then they invented the Monday holidays, then Prez Day. 

Judy, I always enjoyed visiting Texas when Manda lived there- so many quilt shops! Carol can keep the heat, tho. 

2/12/2024 1:12 pm  #15

DEAR INDY/JUDY...... THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT MY COMMENTING ON MY DULL LIFE.  I WOULD LIKE TO CLEAR UP A MISCONCEPTION.
I DO NOT THINK I LEAD A DULL LIFE, BUT WHAT I HAD TO REPORT ON ONE DAY OR ANOTHER IS JUST DULL OR REPETITIOUS FOR MY READERS.
I LOVE MY LIFE.  I READ, DO CROSSWORDS, HAVE MY PUZZLES, MY SOLITAIRE, AND MY SEWING AND COOKING ENDEAVORS.  I PLAY BINGO ONCE A WEEK.  MY SON SHOPS AND VISITS TWICE A MONTH.  I GAB WITH NEIGHBORS BY THE MAIL BOX A FEW TIMES A WEEK AND ENJOY GOINGS ON BY THE RIVER.  I TEXT MY SON AND DAUGHTER BACK AND FORTH EVERY DAY AND A FEW FRIENDS AS WELL.  I ALSO LOVE, LOVE MY TV SHOWS AND OLD MOVIES.
SO, NO,  MY LIFE TO ME IS NOT DULL.  ITS ALIVE AND WELL.
ITS JUST MY REPORT FOR THE DAY WOULD BE DULL READING SINCE ITS SAME OLD, SAME OLD, MANY TIMES.  THERE ARE DAYS WHEN THERE IS LITTLE TO MENTION THAT IS NOT A REPEAT SO MY POST MUST BE SHORT.
THANK YOU JUDY FOR MENTIONING THAT SINCE ITS A REMARK I MAKE OFTEN AND I DO NOT WANT MY FRIENDS HERE TO THINK I AM JUST MARKING TIME.
I AM OFF TO READ AGAIN.  STAY SAFE.   HUGS, ME QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (2/12/2024 1:23 pm)

2/12/2024 1:57 pm  #16

QB,  since I've come to love the concept of JOMO (joy of missing out) and no longer feel the need to tear around here and there on a daily basis, I appreciate you clarifying your place in life, which is mostly the same for me.  Other than, having  a 'chauffeur' for my appointments, and grocery shopping  and another, (ML)  for the occasional fanciful  outing, it would be a match... (I don't care to drive much anymore.  Back and hip pain make it very difficult for me to get in and out of the driver's seat.)  Anyway, much of life is do, do again, then do again. a condition which I do have a bit of trouble with, causing me to procrastinate, avoid, even conveniently forget, more than I ought.  Not saying you do that.  But, that's me...

BTW, many of your favorite programs are mine, too.  So I'm always nodding and smiling when you tell what yours are. I'm carefully watching, not reading, not sewing, the last season of Doc Martin, too.  Don't want to miss any of the delicious little bits that have made this series so special.  It will be missed, but everything has it's season(s).  
Off again to DO something...
Indy 

Last edited by indyanny (2/12/2024 2:00 pm)

2/12/2024 6:28 pm  #17

It was a rainy night in Georgia (music icon here)...and it's rained all day as well. I did get some breaks in the rain to let the dogs out.

Judy, I did type on an IBM Selectric! Can you believe I went from being a mountain hillbilly girl, never seen an expressway and our town had one red light to working on Peachtree Street in downtown Atlanta. I remember being so scared to merge on the interstate, lol! My first job was in 1970 at Equifax in the "typing pool." We had machines next to our typewriters that used magnetic tape (it was called MTST I believe?) I don't even remember what they were for unless it's how we got our "dictation" from all the different departments we did typing for. Most of the letters I transcribed were to insurance companies. 

Sandra, you are so blessed to have Matt and Colleen (and your GD). You got lucky when you moved there & got a great view of the river! I think it's a great idea to try and grow veggies inside where the light comes in.

I LOVE my life too! I could easily live in a place much smaller and it wouldn't bother me, but I'm glad I have a fenced yard for my dogs. I don't get bored at all and I don't have any close friends nor a church. I go out to eat with my family and they come here. I haven't been reading much because I've been busy in the sewing room. May switch those hobbies this year due to back issues. There is so much I like to watch on TV. I watch You Tube a lot and I'm interested in just about any topic. I have Netflix, Prime Video, Paramount Plus, Disney, Hula and Roku has movies. I did download Tubi TV, but haven't checked it out yet. Just so much to pick from...I think I get PBS too. I do laundry, clean house, go to Walmart, other grocery stores, Dollar Tree, etc. I don't know how much I will miss driving when I can no longer drive. I just dread asking my sons to take me to the doctor, but I think there's a Senior Community van that might do that (if I'm able to get on it, lol!) As far as food and groceries, there's so much that can be delivered now, it's great for those who can't drive, don't have a vehicle or just don't want to drive! Greg is not old and he does Walmart grocery delivery. It's not just for the elderly! Door Dash, bring me my Chick-Fila, lol! 

Dee is coming tomorrow to trim the dogs' toenails. They are really bad! She always stays and we talk a lot. We vent to each other (meaningless), lol.

Theresa, have you decided to stay where you are for now with your Mom close by? 

Last edited by DownSouth (2/12/2024 6:36 pm)

D e v o n n e

2/13/2024 10:42 am  #18

Good Morning, I just love reading what everyone is doing, I do so little!!  It is sunny outside this morning, but very still, just love it!  My helper,Sharon, is coming this morning, she'll be here in about a half hour.  Will be nice to have her here, it's a nice break.  Rhonda and Tracy are both going out of town for the weekend.  Rhonda is going to Az to see her daughter and Tracy is going (God, I don't remember where).  She just called, she's going to Vegas!

Well, the telephone call interrupted my thinking, so now I don't have anything else to say, so will sign off, wishing everyone well, BJ.

2/13/2024 10:48 am  #19

It’s snowing! They said rain in the forecast, then changed it to snow. The ground is warm, so it’s not really laying. 

So far I’ve browned and froze 2 lbs of sausage, paid bills online, fondled fabric, and talked to my brother John. He sounds chipper, but we no longer discuss his walking or lack of. Mike and I can’t do anything, and it’s up to him. 

2/13/2024 12:02 pm  #20

SURPRISE, SURPRISE, MY CABLE BILL JUST JUMPED $25 A MONTH.  THE INCREASE IS $20 IN THE BUNDLING OF ALL THE CHANNELS.  THEN OF COURSE, THE TAXES JUMP UP TOO.  I AM GOING TO CHECK TO SEE IF I CAN GET SOMETHING OTHER THAN MY ULTIMATE TRIPLE PLUS BUNDLE TO LOWER MY MONTHLY COST BUT WITHOUT LOSING MY OVATION CHANNEL.  

ON THE TYPEWRITERS.........I USED TO TYPE OUT CLASSIFIED BILLS AT THE NEWSPAPER, ON A MAUAL.  I DID IT JUST FINE.  THEN I COVERED FOR ONE OF THE BIG SHOT'S SECRETARIES AND SHE HAD AN ELECTRIC TYPEWRITER.  WHEN SHE CAME BACK FROM VACATION AND I HAD TO GO BACK TO MY CUBBY HOLE AND ITS MANUAL TYPEWRITER, I COULD NOT IMAGINE THE DIFFERENCE.  I ACTUALLY WENT HOME WITH ACHING HANDS FROM HAVING TO PRESS THOSE KEYS HARDER.  LOVED, LOVED, THOSE ELECTRICS.

NO LONGER DRIVING.........I HAD TO JUNK MY LOVELY OLD BIG LINCOLN DUE TO RUST ISSUES.  IT RAN LIKE A DREAM OTHERWISE.  BUT IT WAS A MAJOR JOB TO REBUILD THE CHASSIS SO I HAD TO GIVE IT UP.  JUNKED IT, IS THE TERM.  I COULD NOT AFFORD TO BUY ANOTHER CAR AT THAT POINT SO I STARTED SAVING UP FOR ONE.  THEN I GOT ILL AND IN THE HOSPITAL.  SHORTLY AFTER I WAS HOME TO REAR ITS UGLY HEAD.  IT WAS TIME FOR ME TO RENEW MY LICENSE THAT FIRST APRIL BUT IT WAS TOUGH TO GET INTO THE DMV OFFICES AND THEY LIMITED NUMBERS.   I EVENTUALLY LET MY LICENSE LAPSE SINCE I WAS NOT DRIVING.  LONG STORY SHORTER, IT WAS TOUGH NOT DRIVING MYSELF WHENEVER I WANTED TO WHEREVER I WANTED TO GO.  IT TOOK SOME MONTHS FOR ME TO LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT.
I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR HOME GROCERY DELIVERY WHICH CAME INTO ITS OWN BECAUSE OF COVID.  IF MY SON CAN'T SHOP, I CAN JUST PLACE AN ONLINE ORDER AND ITS DELIVERED RIGHT TO MY DOOR THE SAME DAY.

THAT STORM LORRAINE SEEMS TO BE USING ITS FURY ON MASSACHUSETTS AND MAY JUST BOUNCE OFF CAPE COD INTO THE ATLANTIC SO WILL HIT US IN MAINE WITH A FLURRY ONLY.  GOOD NEWS FOR US.

NOTHING ELSE LADIES.  I HAVE AN AGATHA CHRISTIE NOVEL BESIDE ME ON THE SOFA.  ITS GOOD PER USUAL.  ITS MY 4TH BOOK.  I GUESS NEXT MONTH I NEED TO ORDER 6 BOOKS INSTEAD OF 4.
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (2/13/2024 12:10 pm)

Board footera