OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

2/06/2024 10:54 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY FEBRUARY 4 ~ SAT FEBRUARY 10

Good Morning!!  It is raining here and 41*.  Not much of a day!!  Frank is getting ready to go for coffee with the guys.  Orland is picking him up and I hope the groomer is picking up Elly.  So I'll be all alone!!  I'll survive.  Very nicely, I'm sure!!  The groomer just called, she's on her way to pick up Elly.  She's a peach!!

I have no plans for the day and I do have to find something for dinner.  Rhonda won't be here today, so it's all on me.  I'm sure it will be something easy!

Well, I really don't have anything else to say so will sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, Love, BJ.

2/06/2024 12:38 pm  #22

Just a quick HI!

Nice weather again today. A few degrees cooler than yesterday and a little mire windy. Still very nice for this time of year.

Thinking of everyone. Prayers..........

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

2/06/2024 1:46 pm  #23

Devonne, my brother Mike has been in construction all his life, started as a laborer and is now COO , so he knows someone in every building trade. So when I need something done I call him.

2/06/2024 2:21 pm  #24

Afternoon y'all! 

Holly & DS I know how to measure for a bra.  You first need someone cooperative!  Plus her girls hang so low they would measure as an A cup but once pulled up into the bra they would not fit!  I know they fit in the current Bras, the circumference is off, too tight!  The one I bought is perfect, so will wait on a sale and buy more!  

QB some days I wish you were my neighbor, especially when you cook for your neighbors! 

Holly, before my DB became NSDB, he would come fix anything electrical, for us and dad would do anything else handy.  I miss this!  In my NSDB's defense, he does have MS so he cannot work like he used to and last time I saw him, he had obvious drop foot!  

Busy day as usual.  To mom, she was asleep.  She had gotten up but didn't feel good, so laid back on the bed, and the tech covered her with one of the throws I keep on her bed.  She did not awaken while I was there, so I did not stay, just did what I normally do and left.  Figured she probably needed the sleep!  

Thus, I got to the park, much earlier!  Got my walk in and home.  I need to go sort laundry, fold mom's laundry and get it ready to take to her.  Plus figure supper.  Today I don't want to cook! 

Todd and I are making a list of things we need to get done, things put on the back burner over the last year or so.  He made a primary list, I'm going to put it on google and share with him.  That way we don't have to scroll through an email thread to see what's there, plus once done on the google thing we can delete or indicate done!  I don't know why he resorts to email for these lists, we can do it on the phone with notes or google! 

Not much else need to get moving! 

Later my Friends! 

2/06/2024 5:18 pm  #25

I just lost my post! Glad I can type fast, lol. 

I burned up my new Bissell vacuum cleaner with the baking soda. It started smelling like burned rubber and smoking, lol. Just know if you do this it can clog up your motor and your Hepa filter. I'm going to order a new one after I get off here. Glad the Bissell was a cheap one! 

BJ, I hope you enjoyed your alone time. You have family there most of the time.

Theresa, I think you meant Holly and Sandra. I have no clue how to measure for a bra. 

Carol, that's a very good auto correct mistake...loved it! 

Last edited by DownSouth (2/06/2024 5:22 pm)

D e v o n n e

2/06/2024 6:37 pm  #26

Voice to text can also result in some unexpected texts. A friend was telling me today about her 93 year old mother who uses voice to text. She has vision issues so has difficulty proofreading texts. She recently sent a texts that accidentally had the words sh*t and bi*ch.The mother was extremely embarrassed. This from a woman who never says anything like that! My friend sent messages to all the family explaining the problem and ask them to never say anything to the mother about them.

We knew the church where my guild meets was getting ready to do some remodeling and we would need to find another place to temporarily meet. We had another place lined up but thought we had until the end of Feb to get our supplies out and start meeting at the new place. Last Thursday, we were told we needed to get our stuff out that day! Would have been better to know ahead of time. We only have two totes of things (mostly paper products for lunch) and two irons and ironing boards so it wasn’t a big problem. Today was our first meeting at the new church, which is where I and three other members go. We like the space so much that we might decide to stay there. There are a couple of small problems. We meet in the basement so getting sewing machines, etc there would be difficult but there is an elevator. It is tiny but big enough for a couple of people at a time. The less convenient problem is that the church office is not open on the days we meet so no one else is there. The janitor lives nearby and will come let us in. We could have her leave the door unlocked but we don’t want just anyone to be able to enter church while we are there so we are leaving door locked. That means when someone arrives, they have to call someone already there to come let them in.

Last edited by tricia-anne (2/07/2024 11:10 pm)

2/06/2024 11:27 pm  #27

QB, I don’t have help with the dogs anymore,  they are pretty easy. They go outside first thing in the morning, and whenever I feel like it the rest of the day. They have their pads to use as needed. MissMinniePearl is the best of the 3, she always makes sure she’s all the way on the pad 👏🏼
I went up to my lair in the office basement today while my mom was at her PT. I got Loosey cleaned up pretty good, and her rails on her 
the room is rapidly feeling smaller as more stuff moves in. 
I found a good one day sale on bolts of batting. I was going for warm&white but ended up with warm&natural when it arrived. It was HUGE. Much bigger that I’ve ever gotten or expected it to be. So I couldn’t get it in mom’s car so I started searching for help. As a last resort I called my brother. He said his wife was taking his SUV to Louisville for something for School the next few days, but he very kindly came and got it about 8:30 tonight. What a relief to have that taken care of!  I’ve learned my lesson!  Everything gets sent to the store from now on. I just wasn’t thinking about it because I don’t work there anymore. 

goodnight. Everyone. I’m plum tuckered. Had a big day today and did more than I should have 🤷🏻‍♀️

ASHLEY
KENTUCKY 

2/07/2024 10:03 am  #28

My new vacuum cleaner and a grocery order will be here at 1:00. It's a cheap Eureka Air Speed, on sale for $44, was $100. The Roomba vacuums twice a week, so I don't vacuum often. Got great review so it should work fine! One lady said it picked up better than her Dyson.

Marylou, maybe you could take turns at your houses and sew on the dining room table. How many ladies are there? The door problem is an issue and I agree it should stay locked when y'all are there. 

Hannah has quit school. She was going part time at work, but now that's not an option. I admire her for wanting to better her career, but she could have been finished by now (if she had stuck with it when she graduated from HS). I hope she can go back to day shift, as right now she seldom sees the kids. It's too much to expect of Gary and I think he has made some comments to her that made her quit. I can't say that I blame him.

Sandra, have you heard from Judy lately?

Ashley, glad your brother came to your rescue! 

Last edited by DownSouth (2/07/2024 10:07 am)

D e v o n n e

2/07/2024 10:45 am  #29

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is a very still day here, not a leaf is stirring.  The flag isn't even moving.  But it is dry and 37*.  So I'm just fine.  I have a Dr. appt. at 3:30 this afternoon, not sure why, my daughter made it.  I may call her to find out why!

Otherwise, I have no plans for the day, will just be a lazy bum! as usual.  Frank is up and getting dressed.  Tracy will be calling soon, so I'd better finish here so I'm ready to talk to her.  Have a wonderful day, everyone!  Wishing you all well, BJ.

2/07/2024 12:06 pm  #30

GEE, WHAT GREAT WEATHER WE ARE HAVING.  SO STRANGE FOR US IN FEB.  IT WILL BE IN THE 50S HERE SATURDAY.  YUP, STRANGE.

HOLLY.......WE HAVE A TABLE IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM WHERE WE SWAP BOOKS AMONG OURSELVES BUT THERE AREN'T ANY LARGE PRINT ONES.  I ALSO HAVE A COUPLE OF SHOPPING BAGS OF PAPERBACKS FROM MY DAUGHTER I HAVE YET TO READ.  ON WONKY DAYS MY EYES DON'T READ SO CLEARLY SO I WANTED TO GO WITH LARGE-PRINT BOOKS NOW.  
I GOT 4 NICE ONES ON TUESDAY FROM THE LIBARY LADY.  A SUSAN WITTIG ALBERT, M C BEATON, RITA MAE BROWN, AND AN AGATHA CHRISTIE.  I AM ON THE WITTIG ONE.  THAT'S THE ONE ABOUT BEATRIX POTTER AND HER WRITING THE RABBIT STORIES AND SUCH.  I LIKE THEM.  DIFFERENT ANIMALS ARE FEATURED IN THE STORIES AND IT ALSO NUDGES ALONG HER TRUE LIFE.

DEVONNE......IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT A NICE NEW VACUUM.  I'M SORRY YOUR OTHER VAC DIED A GRUESOME BAKING SODA DEMISE.  I GUESS YOU HAD A LOT TO VAC UP.  BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR NEW ONE IS NOT ONLY INEXPENSIVE, BUT A BETTER DEAL.

ASHLEY......THANK YOU FOR SENDING ME YOUR INFO.  I WILL UPDATE MY FILES.  ITS GOOD TO HAVE YOU ALONG FOR THE RIDE ONCE AGAIN. 

I MADE MY MASHED POTATOES THIS MORNING NEAR NOON.  I THOUGHT I HAD PLENTY ENOUGH TO MAKE SOME POTATO CAKES TOMORROW.  ALAS, I HAVE 2 NEIGHBORS AILING TODAY SO I SENT ALONG SOME CREAMY MASHED TO BOTH OF THEM FOR A LARGE SIDE DISH.  I DIDN'T MAKE ANY CASSEROLE.  I ALSO GAVE SOME TO MY USUAL 2 NEIGHBORS SO WON'T HAVE ANY POTATO CAKES.  BUT I HAVE ENOUGH TO GO WITH MY BURGER TONITE FOR SUPPER.  I HAVE SOME JELLY DONUTS COMING LATER TODAY SO WILL SHARE THOSE AS WELL.  I FEEL SO BLESSED TO BE ABLE TO DO FOR OTHERS RIGHT NOW.  WHEN THEY HAVE NO FAMILY AROUND, WHO ELSE CAN THEY RELY ON TO HELP.  

I AM GOING TO SNUGGLE DOWN NOW AND DO SOME READING.  I DOUBT WE WILL HAVE BINGO TONITE.  WE ARE DOWN TO ONLY 5 GALS AND TONITE WE WILL BE MISSING 2 OF THEM.  I DOUBT ONLY 3 WILL WANT TO PLAY TONITE.  WE SHALL SEE.  TO TELL THE TRUTH, ITS NOT WORTH THE BACK ACHE I END UP WITH AT THE END OF THE CALLING.  

WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (2/07/2024 12:17 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

2/07/2024 12:37 pm  #31

Got up to an alert from my bank about a suspicious transaction on my debit card, for $1.53 at Amazon. That debit card lives in my desk drawer, so I called and they cancelled it and will send a different one. What a pain. 

Then we went and got my oil changed and tires rotated, to the library, and the diner for lunch, which gives us enough leftovers for dinner. Now we’re home for the day. Ralph is attaching another grab handle in the basement steps for me. 

I put up a new pic of my XS, I’m 15% done! It’s on my blog.

2/07/2024 2:41 pm  #32

Devonne, I like your suggestion of meeting at our houses but we have too many for it to be possible. Sometimes there are only 5-6 of us but yesterday we had 11 attend. Most bring their sewing machines, a few plan cutting or hand work to do. This temporary solution will be ok.

Last edited by tricia-anne (2/07/2024 11:09 pm)

2/07/2024 4:24 pm  #33

If anyone gets Ovation channel, new season of Murdoch Mysteries Saturday night at 7. I just found out that I have Ovation from my cable company.

2/07/2024 7:52 pm  #34

We are having such warm weather that even the local news anchor "enjoy your spring now because when April/May comes it will be rainy and cold as usual.  True.   However, it sure is nice now!  lol!

I had mentioned the awful fabric that I received from Amazon the other day.  I am making large pinwheel blocks and they don't look too bad.  The fabric is wonky no matter how I cut it, but will use all of them in this manner.  I can make a child's quilt pretty fast.  I made the top in one afternoon and will make more.

Ashley, good luck on getting your quilting room all arranged.  I hope it works out for you.

Sandra, you surely are a blessing to your neighbors!  

Holly, are you just about finished with all of your remodeling?  You sure have done a lot this past year.  We have been in this house for 24 years and it really could use some updating.  We have carpet in the living room and I wish now that we had taken it out when we put in the lament wood (luxury vinyl?)floors in the hall, kitchen and dining room.  I thought that I wanted the carpet in the living room.  It was a decent carpet 6 years ago but looking rather sad these days.  I don't like white everything, which seems to be the trend these days, but the house sure needs something.   My kitchen cabinets are a honey maple and my island is white with a butcher block top.  Dean would like to paint the cabinets but I hate to paint nice wood.  I see a lot of blue, gray or green kitchen cabinets on the home improvement shows but not sure I would like that.  I have no design skills for sure.

I am reading a Kristin Hannah novel called "The Great Alone".  It is about a family moving to Alaska.  So far, so good.

Last edited by tricia-anne (2/07/2024 11:09 pm)

2/07/2024 11:36 pm  #35

CAROL to funny about the texts, if you cold only see the  "suggest" word sometimes I get here, OMG my face would  be purple LOL  so glad I can change it quickly.

DEVONNE I'm kind of glad Hannah quit school, her first priority should be family. Her partner should be doing his share as well. It's too much when you're older to be looking after kids all day!
So sorry about the vacuum cleaner, I should have said to sweep up as much as possible first. I usually use a dustpan and small brush set I have to clean up spills.

SANDRA you are so so good to your friends, they are as much family as your own now, you all stick together beautiful, how is your neighbour after the fall?  I don't care for mash, but DGS Dean will eat plates full of it!!

MARYLOU that was a quick move, too bad that you have to have the building locked, maybe you can figure out a solution in a few weeks when you get the hang of how it all happens there. 

CHERYL your kitchen sounds great, mine needs redoing!! Maybe next year IF the cupboards hold out long enough!

THERESA you still get so much accomplished, I was going to suggest taking one of her bras and just getting the larger around size. You did well. I tried to get W's sis new bras, she now doesn't wear them at all!! Just another of the things we need to ignore, no point in trying to make her do something she doesn't want to, she is strong willed. 

HOLLY thanks for the reminder about the shows, now another I have to find online LOL. We don't have that channel.

Been busy here today, the building assessor was supposed to come between 11 - 2pm, good for me. OOPS nope, the Mr has 3 appointments booked for today, a couple I would need to take him to, builder calls, can he come between 8 and 9am, even better. Don't have to cancel anything and it all fits UNTIL the Mr has vertigo around 3am, had to cancel my training, cancel his appointments, and try for physio ( he cancelled his physio appt FOR vertigo on Monday because he felt OK GRRR!!!)  Builder didn't turn up till almost 10am, got the man to physio and in the meantime struggled with the website for the Military Tattoo in Edinburgh, for our 15 tickets.

Finally able to breath easy, got the tickets organised, the Mr is fine, and I just got back from picking up Dean, and dinner is a hotpot mash up of last nights roast lamb and veg. 

RANT ABOUT THE WEBSITE, SCROLL OVER IF YOU LIKE !!

We all wanted to see the Tattoo when we are away, so I volunteered to book tickets,  going to be easy I think!!  Nope, can't book for more than 10, other than that call Edinburgh, that's fine EXCEPT I can't call till they open 9pm my time, when I call, "there are long delays, please use the website" GRRRR Can't keep trying to hang on till all hours, emails sent, they reply telling me HOW TO BOOK " duh!!! I know, I want to do it by email, please read, emailed the admin office, still no word from them, so split the booking into 7 and 8 and did it online. The oddest website booking ever. I tried over 3 nights, finally got to make the bookings today, the site says select how many tickets WITH  a "filter" box beside it, so checked it, right??, nope, that negates the number you want, took a few tries but finally got it all done. 
RANT OVER 

The group has all very grateful about it all. and they will transfer money to me. 

I also started sewing my Jane Austen, it's going to be slow going, I think I might have to mark the sewing line as well as the dots for the 1/4" , that might make it more accurate. I did finally finish the bulk of the cutting, can't cut all the sashings yet, but have done the ones to join the diamonds.

And that's it from me!! Too much info I'm sure LOL 

HOLLY how is John doing, is he home and getting around OK?? 
DEVONNE hope sis is doing better, she is in care and that's the main thing. Hard as some of it is for you know about. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

2/08/2024 10:28 am  #36

Cheryl, construction is done for a while. We’ve redone almost the entire house! And roof, heat and AC! Next year We may consider a new deck, but I need to build up my savings a bit first. Good thing I had a union job with a pension, and SS! 

Gave away the last 4 boxes of books Manda did not want, to a high school for their book sale. That’s 7 boxes gone! A good start on our Lent decluttering. 

2/08/2024 10:58 am  #37

Good Morning to you all!!  It is a cool, very still day and I have nothing to do, so will write a little message and play on my computer for awhile.  Hope everyone is doing fine.  My garbage guy has come and put the cans away.  He is very nice to do that for me.   He knows I just can't do it.  Well, I don't have anything to say this morning so will just sign off, wishing you all well.  Have a wonderful day, everyone and stay well, BJ.

2/08/2024 11:01 am  #38

DO I DARE BRAG ABOUT OUR WEATHER ONCE AGAIN?  LET'S JUST SAY ITS UNUSUALLY WARM AND WONDERFUL.

TRISH......YOU ARE A BUSY ONE.  ALL THE TIME GOING AND GOING LIKE THE ENERGIZER BUNNY ON ONE THING OR ANOTHER.  I AM GLAD YOU GOT THE CHANGES MADE FOR YOUR TRIP.  IT TOOK A LOT OF DOING BUT YOU MANGED IT.

HOLLY......HOORAY YOU HAVE OVATION.  MY DAU AND I LOVE THE SAME MYSTERY BOOKS SO WHEN I TOLD HER ABOUT OVATION, SHE HAD TO GO HUNTING ON HER TV.  FINALLY FOUND IT.  SHE NEVER KNEW SHE HAD IT BEFORE.  I THINK YOU WILL FIND A FEW NICE PROGRAMS YOU CAN FOLLOW AND ENJOY.  ITS MY FAVORITE CHANNEL ON MY TV PLUS THE PBS STATIONS.  GREAT MYSTERY PROGRAMS. 

CHERYL......I'M GLAD YOU FOUND SOMETHING TO DO WITH THAT AWFUL FABRIC YOU GOT.  YOU ARE A WONDER, YOU PUT OUT SO MANY QUILTS FOR SO MANY REASONS.  THUMBS UP TO YOU.
IF TALES OF MAKING A GO IN ALASKA ARE INTERESTING TO YOU, YOU MANY LIKE WATCHING HOMESTEADY ON YOUTUBE.  THIS FAMILY IS TRYING TO MAKE A LIFE THERE.  THEY HAVE HAD HARD TIMES AND THE CHANGES ARE TOUGH FOR A FAMILY WITH SMALL CHILDREN.  WHETHER THEY WILL RETURN TO THE LOWER 48 OR NOT IS THE QUESTION.

I PLAYED BINGO LAST NITE AND WON 2 DOLLARS WHICH IS ALWAYS NICE.  AND WE CHATTED AND UPDATED OUR NEWS.  ALWAYS A GOOD THING.

I WAS THINKING ABOUT THE OLD DAYS THIS MORNING.  SOME OF THE THINGS THAT HAVE CHANGED ARE AMAZING.  I THINK I WILL WRITE DOWN THESE THOUGHTS FOR MY GRANDCHILDREN.  THEY MAY FIND THEM INTERESTING SOMETIME WHEN THEY HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO ON A COLD WINTER NITE BUT READ ABOUT GRAM AND HER STRANGE LIFESTYLE.

WELL, I TOOK CHICKEN OUT OF THE FREEZER AND WILL THINK ON WHAT TO MAKE.  RIGHT NOW I AM THINKING CHICKEN RICE SOUP.  IT WILL GO DOWN WELL WITH ALL MY NEIGHBORS WHO ALL LIKE MY SOUPS.  THEY WON'T HAVE TO COOK AT LEAST ONE MEAL.  THE AILING CAN REST UP A BIT LONGER.

I AM THANKFUL FOR A SUNNY DAY WITH LOVELY SUNSHINE.
I AM THANKFUL FOR FAMILY THAT ARE THERE WHEN I NEED THEM.
I AM THANKFUL FOR THE ABILITY TO COOK AND CLEAN FOR MYSELF SO WILL NOT STARVE ANY TIME SOON.
THAT'S IT MY FRIENDS.  STAY SAFE.   HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (2/08/2024 11:09 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

2/08/2024 2:45 pm  #39

Been vacuuming and polishing furniture. Never knew my TV stand and end tables were so dusty! The cheap Eureka is picking up great. I still have Christmas stuff in the dogs room to put in the closet, then I can vacuum that room. I've always cleaned the house before vacation.

Trish, I'm very glad Hannah quit school! Ben often works late & seldom gets home before 8 pm. The kids need a parent there. I hope a day shift position opens up soon for her.

Cheryl, maybe look at Pinterest for remodeling ideas. Since I moved here and have carpet again, I learned to love it. It feels great on my aching feet, but it's not good if you have animals. Greg has LVP everywhere, even in his bathrooms. It looks great. If you decide to paint your kitchen cabinets, consider hiring someone to do it. It's a lot of work. 

I am off to rest before I start on this bedroom!

D e v o n n e

2/08/2024 4:39 pm  #40

Afternoon y'all! 

I was super busy yesterday, all stuff for mom.  I did do my normal morning stuff, then off on errands!  I did eat lunch with a gentleman I walk with, then to the mall, to get more bras, to the DMV and we now have a handicap hangtag for when I actually take her out. We changed the bank on 2 of her direct deposits and will work on the rest later.  I'm still working on getting her tax stuff ready to mail!  

Today, was a bit more normal.  Visit  mom, walk, home.  I removed the last of dad's insignia and Sargent stripes from a really good coat that the house gave up.  So it's ready for the dry cleaners.  I have started cleaning piles in my room, the coat was in a pile!  

Nothing else exciting from my little corner of the world! 

Later my Friends! 

Board footera