OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

1/27/2024 11:51 pm  #1

ODT SUNDAY FEBRUARY 4 ~ SAT FEBRUARY 10

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

2/04/2024 12:23 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY FEBRUARY 4 ~ SAT FEBRUARY 10

I guess I’ll start the new week. 
my new quilt studio is really just for fun, and to try to get me out of the house some. 
For the last 3 years I’ve been housebound.  The last maybe 6/8 months I’ve been going with my mom to run my errands, most of the time.  Even so, there’s often long periods of time where I don’t get out. I haven’t been anywhere since last Thursday and that was to get my haircut. 

I'm hoping to be able to make some baby quilts and see if they will sell in my sister’s store. I’ve got to be careful though, I can’t risk losing my disability.  

I can’t remember if I told y’all about my new girl or not. 
I was looking for a seeing eye dog for ZitaBug, she’s lost her sight in one eye and is losing it in the other. I wanted a young adult dog to be able to help her when she’s not able to see anymore, as well as to be a companion for ZitaBug or PicaBoo when one of them goes. I’m guessing Peeky is about 15 and ZitaBug will be 13 in July.  
anyway… I went to the shelter to meet a chihuahua that was reportedly about 5yrs old. 🙄
of course I fell in love with her the second I saw her and she crawled in my lap!  BUT… she’s got to be older than 5 and she had to have one eye removed. So now I’ve got 2 chihuahuas and a Havanese and still no seeing eye dog 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
so I guess I’m still looking. But MissMinniePearl is perfect!  She’s got such a sweet disposition and learned really fast how to tell me she wants me to pick her up, and she only took one night to learn how to sleep in the bed, and not a crate. So basically, she’s a genius 😂

ASHLEY
KENTUCKY 

2/04/2024 2:23 am  #3

DARN IT

I had a whole post, posted it, and now its gone!!

Sorry I can't stay now and do it again - really hot, and I need to get things done around here, been defrosting the freezer downstairs, and now I'm worn out

I have to put away all my sewing things from the weekend, and throw on a load of towels - NEVER put towels down to catch the water from the freezer in a really hot GARAGE, LOL it thawed pretty quickly, and now I have lots of wet towels. 

Keep safe, and warm
See you tomorrow !

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

2/04/2024 3:29 am  #4

Quick hi!  I see Trish locked the thread,  so i gotta run. Have a great week

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

2/04/2024 10:08 am  #5

Good Morning, I'm only going to be brief.  Tracy and Jamie are in the kitchen, believe Frank is getting ready to go out to breakfast with Jamie.  Once the bathroom is clear, will take my shower and get dressed.  I'm not feeling too bright this morning, just a little overwhelmed!!

Just wanted to check in and say Hi! to everyone.  Will sign off, wishing you all well, Love you all, BJ.

2/04/2024 11:42 am  #6

ITS A SUNNY DAY AND IN THE 30S SO MY WINDOW IS OPEN FOR FRESH AIR.  LOVING IT.

ASHLEY......GOOD TO SEE YOU ARE TAKING CARE OF THE SHELTER DOGS.  THEY NEED HELP FROM EVERYONE THAT CAN MANAGE IT.  I WISH I WERE IN THE POSITION TO HAVE ANOTHER DOG BUT NOT TO BE.  
I AM SENDING YOU A PM TO ASK FOR YOUR INFO TO UPDATE MY LIST.  ITS BEEN AWHILE AND THINGS MAY HAVE CHANGED FOR YOU.

ITS A SLOW DAY FOR ME.  ITS MY DAY OF REST.  AS ARE MOST OF MY DAYS.  LOL.
I HAVE LEFTOVER TATER TOTS FOR MY LUNCH TODAY AND MADE UP A DOUBLE DISH OF TUNA SALAD.  
I TOOK OUT MY NEIGHBOR'S TRASH AND GOT HER MAIL.  SHE IS STILL ON THE MEND.  SINCE SHE DOES NOT EAT TATER TOT CASSY WITH JIMMY DEAN SAUSAGE BEING TOO HOT FOR HER, EVEN THE REGULAR, I MADE UP THE TUNA.  I SEND ALONG HALF FOR HER WITH A 12" ITALIAN SANDWICH ROLL SO SHE CAN FIX WHATEVER LENGTHS SHE WANTS.  SHE TOLD ME SHE WOULD LIKE SOME BEFOREHAND.

TRISH......I HOPE YOUR BACK IS BETTER.  SOMETIMES THEY CAN LAY US LOW FOR A LONG TIME BUT HOPING YOURS GETS PAST QUICKLY.
SORRY YOU HAD ISSUES WITH WATER FROM YOU FREEZER.  NOT GOOD.

DEVONNE......I'M SO GLAD THAT DOG IS DOING WELL ON HER 3 LEGS.

THAT'S IT LADIES.  QUIET AND PEACEFUL HERE.  ONLY GOT 5 HOURS SLEEP LAST NIGHT, 3 THEN 2 BROKEN HOURS.  FEELING TIRED TODAY.  HOPE TO CATCH A NAP.
HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (2/04/2024 11:44 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

2/04/2024 7:43 pm  #7

Just got the kitchen cleaned up. It's been a wet, dreary and windy day here. I had plans to do a little housework, but didn't happen. There's always tomorrow. 

Sandra, Dixie is doing great. They got a lot of hate messages on Facebook and Instagram (not You Tube). He's going to be careful what he posts from now on. 

Gary asked if I had ordered from Temu and I told him what y'all said. He had already placed an order. The grandkids shirts were nice and fair quality, but the tee shirts for him were way too small and thin. They refunded his money & told him to keep the shirts, lol. He asked if I knew anyone that wanted a tee shirt saying "Grumpy Old Man." 

Last edited by DownSouth (2/04/2024 7:45 pm)

D e v o n n e

2/05/2024 3:05 am  #8

DEVONNE my brother is a Temu user, i won't touch them LOL He's hopeless, he (and his wife) keep getting their cards scammed, I told him to stop using so many overseas transactions with those kind of companies, he doesn't listen, He thinks he knows everything LOL
I'm glad the dog is doing well, I saw one the other day, both front legs gone, it was walking only on hind legs, really unusual, and the dog was coping well, I hated to see it, it would surely give the poor thing back issues 

Have you heard any more about your sis?

SANDRA oops, sorry, it wasn't a problem with water in the freezer, just it had so much ice - to my embarrassment - I didn't think it would melt so fast, I turned it off after emptying, and left the door open, went back to the garage in 1/2 hour and most of the ice had already gone, EXCEPT the HUGE lot on the top grid, I hate this freezer, it ices up quickly. but it's an upright one, which is what I wanted. Another Kogan purchase I have not been happy with, so I won't buy from them again.
We had dumplings from the freezer cleanup for dinner last night, they all enjoyed them, and saved me finding a home for the dumplings till I got the freezer finished
Tonight was a chicken salad, bought cooked chicken, then romaine lettuce, cukes, tomatoes, corn kernels and red onion, avocado tossed in before serving, simple dressing of cider vinegar olive oil dijon mustard salt & pepper and italian herbs. It was so, so good, and plenty left for lunches tomorrow, and looks like it will stay nice and crisp as well.

My back is still uncomfortable, but not troubling me a lot - thank you! Yoga actually helped today, and I had been doing a little of that at home last few days to stretch a bit. 

BJ hope you and the family had a lovely weekend, I hope you feel a bit better, not fun, feeling below par (((hugs))))

HOLLY I wanted to  ask you about ziti, I think a few of you have talked about it, is it a different kind of pasta. I searched some recipes, but it seemed like tomato pasta bake as we would call it, so maybe not that.
I like new recipes, so always on the lookout for something different.

ASHLEY you have your hands full with the dogs, I am happy they have found a home with you, do you have help to care for them I imagine it's a lot of work. Quilting for a business is a great idea, my Julie does most of my quilts. she does a fantastic job.

JANET how are you settling in after retreat. I am so looking forward to mine in May. I was thinking I may be able to do my Jane Austen, but Julie says you need a lot of space to layout everything, so maybe not LOL  I can always make bags with all the leftovers I will have.

CHERYL it's sad that so many things got put aside during covid, those quits are needed, and it's a shame they can't take them now. Surely they could sterilise them somehow?? Even giving them a good hot wash would be fine. 

I have been hot today, it was so hot early, cooling off a little now, I had a Drs appointment, just the usual stuff, we chatted and he said he had 3 older people in with low blood pressure - not drinking enough in this heat, he said mine was perfect LOL I told him I had just finished an iced chocolate, that might have helped ! 
We decided that I would put off my next covid vax till later, we will be away in June, then late July and August, so he feels waiting in my case might be good, as the protection wanes after 6 months. 
I'll get my 'flu and covid around late April all being well. 

I almost finished cutting out the diamonds, just need to trim up the ones I had to cut up forom the centre panel, the printing is a little off with some of them, lucky there is a 1/4" seam. It's been so much cutting, still have 40 something 1 1/2" strips to cut, but I can do them in stages.
I needed new blades to cope with it all - and a new wrist as well LOL

See you tomorrow!

Last edited by tricia-anne (2/05/2024 3:06 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

2/05/2024 9:47 am  #9

The scales don't lie. I had a gain today. They said "Doug's Place Country Food," lol. 

Today would have been Billy's 78th birthday. 

We leave in 10 days for our cruise! I am seriously thinking this may be my last cruise. I'll see how I do on this one with all the walking. I'm taking a cane, arthritis cream and Tylenol, lol. 

Trish, no news on Sis. I texted my niece & asked how her urologist appt. went. Thanks for asking. 

Last edited by DownSouth (2/05/2024 10:16 am)

D e v o n n e

2/05/2024 10:11 am  #10

ANOTHER LOVELY SUNNY DAY HERE BUT COLD.  USUAL FOR US.

NOT MUCH TO REPORT.  I SHALL BE GETTING MY MAIL TODAY AND DOING SOME COOKING.  I NEED TO VACUUM THAT'S FOR SURE.  NOTHING TOO STRENUOUS.

WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.
HUGS, QB S 

2/05/2024 10:54 am  #11

Good Morning, just got a delivery, some new mascara.  Thanks to Tracy for ordering it for me.  She knew I was really low, nice of her.  I have no plans for the day, Gloria is coming to clean.  She'll be here in about 20 minutes.  It is so nice of her to do so much.  Love her!!

Have no plans for the day.  Will just sit around, have done my exercises,  now just doing nothing!!  Tracy just called briefly, she wanted to talk to Jamie before she gets to school.  I have no plans for the day.  Will just watch TV.  Well, I have nothing more to say, to will sign off, wishing you all well, Love, BJ.

2/05/2024 11:36 am  #12

Trish, ziti is a shape, small tubes of pasta. The ziti I made was frozen, it had a meat sauce.

Devonne, Frank and Charlotte just got back from a cruise yesterday, Bahamas maybe. Frank said it was cold and windy, and they missed the private island due to rough seas. I hope you’re going somewhere warmer! 

My kitchen peninsula is such a mess, I looked at it and walked away. I’ll deal with it later. Clutter. 

2/05/2024 1:30 pm  #13

I made my first trip down and up the new steps! Only issue is still the top step when it’s hard to grab on to something to get up the last step. We have a lot of cleanup to do down there! I took pix of Sam’s mom’s Lane cedar chest, Heather says she wants it. And put pix up on the town chat of a big stack of books Manda doesn’t want, and they’ve already been claimed!

2/05/2024 3:39 pm  #14

Afternoon y'all! 

Was busy yesterday.  Mostly a fun busy.  Walked the park with hubby and Luke, lunch at Jason's Deli, Walmart, then the mall.  We're looking for glasses for hubby.  He grabbed the eye doc receipt, not the prescription, so we have to go back next week.  Then to Macy's to find a descent bra for mom.  The sales associate was no help.  I wanted to know if there was a way to figure cup size and bra size, she said look at the tag.  I told her the bra is so old the tag is blank, then got a I can show you where the bras are, but it would be better if she came in.  Then I had to explain the assisted living etc, BTW we were standing in the middle of the bra section when all this conversation took place!  Like I said, no help.  A friend of mine joined us at the mall and was a great help, we picked out a bra, and we will see if it works better for mom.  The ones she has are so tight they cut into her.  Then Alex joined us, we walked a bit, Luke and hubby left, I walked with Alex and my friend a bit, then home! 

Today, I ran to the foot doc, for what we call toe goo, for mom.  It's for toenail fungus and has worked wonders on her toenails.  To the pharmacy, long story but Walgreen's lost the prescription and the manufacturers discount card number.  New pharmacy and new card number so I can get 3 months free!  Great in my book!  They will have it tomorrow.  To see mom, the park and home.  

Need to call mom's home insurance company, they are still sending correspondence to the house I sold!  Even after I verified they will send everything here! 

Not much else happening in my little corner of the world! 

Later my Friends! 

2/05/2024 3:49 pm  #15

Theresa, there is a formula to figure bra size. measure the chest under the bust, measure the fullest part of the bust, then do something, LOL. Google probably knows. 

2/05/2024 8:02 pm  #16

Holly, don't take any chances with that top step. Maybe he can install a grab bar there for you. I'm packing a lightweight jacket, as it gets chilly walking around at night. It's western Caribbean this time. We prefer the eastern Caribbean, but we have to schedule around Carter's time off from school. 

I went to Costco Saturday and forgot trash bags, completely out. Ordered from Amazon & they will be here tomorrow. 

Trish, I tried the baking soda on the bedroom carpet where Allie stayed. I'm getting ready to vacuum it up. Hope it helps.

Last edited by DownSouth (2/05/2024 8:04 pm)

D e v o n n e

2/06/2024 8:49 am  #17

Well, I'm here because I thought I could start pruning roses.  Wrong!  Chief forecaster said last night he expects another Arctic blast next week.  I guess I'm in the studio.

Holly, were you thinking of kolaches for your fruit or meat filled pastries?  

Here's my nomination for worst auto correct of the week:  "I'll see you in person tomorrow" turned into "I'll see you in prison tomorrow."  It was from a judge to the attorneys in a case pending before him. 

Ooops, gotta go.  Dog just carried her toys outside.  

Last edited by Needlecrazy (2/06/2024 8:50 am)

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

2/06/2024 9:20 am  #18

ANOTHER SUNNY DAY IN THE 30S.  NICE WEATHER FOR US.  AS LONG AS NO ICE AND SNOW I AM HAPPY FOR THOSE THAT NEED TO DRIVE.
I MADE HOMEMADE PIZZA LAST NITE.  IT WAS A HIT.  SO MUCH BETTER THAN LAST TIME WHEN I OVERBAKED THEM.  I HAD SET MY TIMER BUT THEN FORGOT TO START IT.  WHEN I REMEMBERED, IT WAS A FEW MINUTES TOO LONG AND ENDED UP CRISPY ON THE EDGES.  I WAS NOT PLEASED.  THIS TIME I GOT GOOD REPORTS TEXTED TO ME FROM NEIGHBORS.  I STILL HAVE A COUPLE LEFT FOR LUNCH TODAY.  TONITE I AM MAKING A BATCH OF MASHED TATERS AND WITH WHAT IS A SURPRISE TO ME.  I WILL FIND SOMETHING.

DEVONNE.......ANOTHER TRICK FOR ABSORBING ODORS, CRUMPLED UP NEWSPAPERS.  TOSS SEVERAL AROUND THE ROOM.  THEY WILL HELP A BIT.
PRETTY SOON YOU WILL BE CRUISING AGAIN.  I HOPE YOUR TRIP ON THIS NEW SHIP IS A WINNER.

HOLLY......YES, YOU NEED A GRAB BAR AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS EVEN IF ITS TEMPORARY TIL YOU CAN GET A PERMANENT BAR OR RAILING.  DON'T TAKE CHANCES

BJ.......LOOK AT YOU, GETTING NEW MASCARA.  I ENVY YOU HOW YOU CONTINUE TO DO YOUR MAKEUP EVERY MORNING.  I AM SURE IT HELPS YOUR OUTLOOK FOR THE DAY.  I AM LUCKY TO TOUCH MY LIDS WITH A BID OF COLOR NOW AND THEN.  NO LIPSTICK.  ITS BEEN YEARS FOR ME DOING UP MY FACE.

CAROL......I HOPE THIS IS THE LAST FREEZE YOU CAN EXPECT SO YOU CAN GET OUT AND TRIM YOUR ROSES.  IT ALWAYS SEEMS SO STRANGE TO ME THAT YOU GET SUCH COLD BLASTS SO FAR SOUTH.

THERESA........THERE IS A WAY TO MEASURE FOR A BRA.  AROUND THE OUTSIDE OF THE WHOLE SHEBANG FOR YOUR INCHES.  THEN UNDER THE BUST AROUND THE RIBCAGE FOR YOUR LETTER.  SO MANY INCHES FOR A B OR C.  I CAN'T REMEMBER.

I AM AWAITING SALLY FROM THE LIBRARY.  ANXIOUS TO SEE WHAT BOOKS SHE BRINGS ME.  TIL LATER, BE SAFE.  HUGS QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (2/06/2024 9:32 am)

2/06/2024 9:39 am  #19

Carol, that sounds right, thanks! 

There is a grab bar to the left side at the top of the steps, I need one on the right also. He has another bar, and will put it up. 

Sandra, can you access the library online and request specific books?

Carol, maybe your weather and ours got swapped- it’s in the 40’s and will be in the 50’s here! And in Nova Scotia, they got feet of snow! Yikes!

2/06/2024 10:28 am  #20

Sandra, maybe you could suggest a library room for where you live? So many books could be donated. Without the library at my sister's nursing home, she would really be bored. She loves going there.

Trish, talked to Sis last night. They moved her bed and now her headboard is in front of the window. She hates it and has asked them 3 times to move it back. They said it has to stay this way because she's a high fall risk. They have some kind of blue mat on the floor at her bed. She can't roll her wheelchair over it. Melena said someone now has to come and help her go to the bathroom. I'm sure she hates all of this, but it's to protect her. Still waiting on the urologist results.

Holly, sounds like you have a great contractor! Good ones are hard to find.

I'm headed to Walmart to get some things for the trip. I'm glad we're not flying because I need a bigger can of hair spray which isn't allowed on flights.

I made a big bank mistake yesterday! I used Zelle to transfer money between banks. I'm trying to get my local bank down to only $100 so I can close it. I sent $500 twice, which I had only enough for one $500 transfer. I had to use Zelle to transfer money from another bank I am closing as well. Oops! I think I'm going to like Discover. I've already made $6 on the cashback card. Not much, but better than nothing from the other banks.

Last edited by DownSouth (2/06/2024 10:32 am)

D e v o n n e

Board footera