OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

1/31/2024 2:52 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY JANUARY 28 ~ SAT FEB 3

CAROL that is an absolutely beautiful quilt, the design is wonderful and the colours so happy and cheerful. I just love it, you are so very generous and it's very much appreciated!

SANDRA so sorry about your back (((hugs))) do you have a hot water bottle, sometimes that will help. It's so generous of you to think of your neighbour and sharing when you are not feeling well.  I have watched 2 of the Midwife now, and part way through the 3rd, I love the old nun talking at the beginning and end, her voice is lovely. 

STRINGS I can send you the phone number if you like for SAN, I have one, but it might not be right either!

HOLLY good news for you! I have a waffle maker as well, so may make some tonight - for dinner LOL

INDY you're welcome, I have no idea why it happens, it does to me, and I figured out to just go to the end of the blank space and back space till I got to my post. Weird how it happens, AND why it does as well. 
YUK on the mess, it's really hard to clean up, I know from experience too,  I'm just glad you didn't slip on it and hurt yourself.

I just checked my Amazon account, and my quilt kit is about 10 mins from here in the big Amazon depot, (I could walk to it but it would take a while LOL) WOW so close and yet so far, it arrived there at 5.42am today, so I doubt it will come, and tomorrow I'm at sewing, darn it, would be great to have to there to go through with Julie and maybe do some cutting!
I got out my small cutter AND the pencils they recommend to mark everything. Supposed to be delivered on Tuesday, but hoping it will come earlier. And I have sewing again Sunday for Dear Jane - oops forgot, someone asked me, this will be my 3rd - and last! I still have so much fabric and I need to get it cleared out, I have kept smaller bits and they will go in the next cleanup. 

I need to move my car, the Mr is walking this morning in 5 mins, and I will need to get out to go to training, then he'll take John to the mall, and also go to the Drs when he gets back. John messaged last night to ask the favour. He's going to the city with friends, and to leave his car at the mall would cost too much for the day. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/31/2024 3:59 pm  #42

Afternoon y'all! 

Carol that quilt is beautiful!  

QB you are so good to your neighbors.  I know they appreciate it! 

Trish I hope the package arrives sooner rather than later! 

No shocker here, I have been busy.  I changed out bedspreads/quilts.  Got some beauties from mom's house.  Since I can't put them on her bed, don't trust the staff, I figured I would put them on the one's here.  Sara got a beautiful bedspread, one that I loved, on her bed.  Took the PINK one off.  Carol probably remembers Sara's room as the PINK vortex!  LOL!  The new to us one is green, and beige.  Tones down the pink a ton!  If I can remember how to do it I will try and post a picture of it.  I found a beautiful quilt in the house and it's now on my bed.  Has matching shams.  

I have been doing my daily walks.  Today I needed it!  Just a frustrating day to start.  I forgot to pull out, chicken for supper, will make it tomorrow.  I guess my brain is still elsewhere.  It seems the more I do for mom the more that needs to be done!  I am starting to see some decline in her mental ability, for lack of a better term.  Her concept of how long it's been since I was there is not always right.  She still doesn't get that I cannot stay with her all day.  Wish I could but I would get nothing done, for either of us. 

NSDB has mom's physical address, I gave it to his girlfriend.  Did tell them mailing to me is faster than getting it to the facility.  I always forget to ask for mail, so a letter could sit there for weeks before mom gets it!  

I did get the insurance cancelled for mom's house.  That's big.  I will never use this insurance company, they are slow to respond to anything, especially cancelling a policy.  They are quick to bill!  

Today I am exhausted.  I think the pressure and stress of selling the house has hit home, and my body realizes it needs a break.  

I guess the next 2 things on my list, for mom, is getting the handicap hang tag, and getting in touch with the VA to see what mom qualifies for.  I'm dragging my feet on both!  Not sure why, probably because it requires me to go to a government office and sit.  Just the thought is tiring! 

I am still tossing stuff.  Not fabric though.  If hubby had his way the fabric would go too!  LOL! 

Later my Friends, I need to go start dessert.  Making coconut squares!  

1/31/2024 4:29 pm  #43

I went to Walmart today & picked up the Augmentin 875 mg. Wonder why they only give you 20 pills, not 30? Went next door and picked up the dog food. I order it online and get 10% off. It's up front when I get there. So easy!

Trish, getting there quick! That's why I love Amazon. 

Theresa, I know this is hard on you, seeing your Mom's mental state declining. Hugs! 

Today is the first day I've cried since Sandy died. I have been following this family over a year on YT & their guard dog, Dixie, just had 10 puppies. She is a Great Pyrennes. She has a compound fracture in her leg. They think she was attacked by a coyote, probably trying to protect her puppies (she jumped the fence). They decided not to spend the money on surgery, but to have her put down. She looks very alert. This dog relied on them for her care, as they relied on her.  

Update: He is having second thoughts because his wife and kids are so upset.

Last edited by DownSouth (1/31/2024 11:10 pm)

D e v o n n e

2/01/2024 9:01 am  #44

Good morning.

It was so good to see Tracy posting that she and BJ were working on a project.  I can't wait to see it.

Sandra, I hope you feel better.  

Devonne, so very sad for that family.  Those decisions are gut-wrenching.  

Theresa, wishing you nothing but blue skies from here on out. 

Cheryl, hoping for only the best news for Aaron.

Trish, I watched a bit of the Australian Open, and it sure looked hot.  I have seen that Jane Austen coverlet.  There is also a book out called Quilted Diamonds that has lots of hand-pieced diamond blocks that surround a printed panel.  I keep looking at it as it sits mocking me on my table.  I think I'll put it away.  

Thanks for the compliments on Diana's quilt.  When I started doing these, I made enough heart blocks for several quilts and cut most of the pieces.  It goes together really quickly.  

This is my latest.  It's a pattern by Kathleen Andrews called Convex Illusions.  I made the top several years ago in a class.  I quilted it last summer and waited until it got cold to do the binding.  So, another UFO is not in the pile any longer!  I'm making progress.  

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

2/01/2024 9:02 am  #45

I know it looks like there is a bulge in the middle, but that's the illusion.  It is very flat.  Here is a closeup that is even more pronounced.

2/01/2024 10:19 am  #46

Carol, I love the purple, but the design would play tricks on my eyes, lol. It's beautiful and glad you have another one finished!

I woke up to a sausage smell this morning. Gary was cooking in the kitchen. A pleasant surprise!

The dog I got upset about (and a lot of other people as well!) had her leg amputated yesterday. They decided not to put her down...hard decision, but the right one.

D e v o n n e

2/01/2024 11:00 am  #47

Good Morning, everyone!  It is a 55* day out there and quite still.  I thought Rhonda was coming by this morning as she was getting her car worked on and they usually have a spare car she can borrow, but no sign of her.  So guess there wasn't a spare.  She'll be by later anyway when they are finished.

I have no plans for the day, so will just sit around like a big lump!!!  I may go to the grocery store with Rhonda, haven't decided yet.  Well, I really don't have anything else to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, Love, BJ.

2/01/2024 11:05 am  #48

CAROL......WOW, THAT SURE MAKES ME WANT TO POP THAT BUBBLE IN THE MIDDLE.  ITS VERY REALISTIC.  YOU DID A FANTASTIC JOB.  TWO THUMBS UP GIRL! 

DEVONNE.......I AM SO GLAD THEY OPTED TO GET SURGERY FOR THEIR DOG.  SHE DESERVED TO LIVE LONGER.  3-LEGGED DOGS DO WELL IN LIFE AFTER SURGERY.  I WAS HOPING THE RESPONSE OF THEIR FOLLOWERS WOULD HELP THEM MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION AND LET HER LIVE.  HOORAY FOR COMMON SENSE.
BUT YES, I KNOW THERE ARE TIMES THAT COULDN'T WORK.  MANY FOLKS WHO HAVE DOGS ARE JUST GETTING BY MONTH-TO-MONTH AND WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO AFFORD EVEN THE AMLPUTATION.  ITS A HEARTBREAKING DECISION FOR THEM BUT THEY HAVE NO OTHER RECOURSE BUT TO SAY GOOD-BYE TO THEIR DARLING FURBABY. 

ITS A SUNNY DAY HERE BUT COLD PER USUAL.  I AM DOING BETTER WITH MY BACK.  I SPENT MOST OF THE DAY SNUGGLED DOWN ON MY SOFA AND GOT TO FINISH A MYSTERY BOOK.  I ALSO GOT THAT CHICKEN STUFFING CASSEROLE MADE AND SENT SOME TO MY AILING NEIGHBOR.  SHE WAS PLEASED.  UNFORTUNATELY SHE FELL THIS MORNING AND WAS TAKEN TO HOSPITAL WHERE THEY ARE EVALUTATING HER.  SHE DOUBTS THEY WILL KEEP HER.  SHE'S BEEN THRU THIS BEFORE.  SAY A PRAYER OF TWO FOR MY NEIGHBOR MICHELE.  AND YES, SHE WAS PLEASED SHE DID NOT HAVE TO COOK LAST NITE.  ITS BEEN A ROUGH WEEK FOR HER.

MY PLANS FOR TODAY ARE MINIMAL WHILE THE BACK GETS BETTER.  THANK YOU MY FRIENDS FOR THINKING OF ME.
I WILL PROBABLY MAKE SOME BURGERS AND FROZEN FRIES FOR SUPPER TODAY.  I LOVE THAT FOR A MEAL ANYTIME.  ONE OF MY FAVORITES.  ALSO ANOTHER BOOK TO READ TODAY AND PLAYING SOLITAIRE ON MY PHONE SO I AM CHARGING IT AGAIN.  GAMES TAKE SO MUCH BATTERY USE.

I WISH YOU ALL A GOOD DAY TODAY.  TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES.
HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (2/01/2024 11:20 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

2/01/2024 2:59 pm  #49

Afternoon y'all! 

Carol, As soon as the lake lots are gone I will be elated!  Only pleasure travel from then on!  I love that quilt! 

DS it does sound like common sense won out for the dog.  Glad to hear it.  BTW he can come here to cook breakfast anytime! 

QB you mentioning the charging of the phone reminded me to plug mine in!  T&P's for your neighbor! 

Had my usual day.  Got supper prepped in the crockpot.  Gave hubby instructions as to when to turn it on, he even did it right!  Went to mom's, to the park and home!  I have the sauce for the crockpot meal sitting in the stovetop for me to heat up, then pour into the crockpot!  We are having chicken and white sauce!  

I hope to go play in my sewing room today, even if it means just cleaning so I can sew later, there's still fabric involved!  

Mom was being mean to the staff when I got there this morning.  She changed to sweet when I got there!  Like I didn't see what she was doing?  She wanted one caretaker to leave and the other to leave her alone.  I helped get her dressed, and down to wait on lunch.  They have sort of an ante room the residents sit in to wait on the dining area to open.  Works great for mom since she complains she needs to sit every 2 steps!  She hates I use what she used to say to us against her.  She knows I'm right and that irritates her.  She told me I am no fun to pick on since I dish it right back!  LOL!  The staff has requested I back off on what I do in the evenings, saying they need to have more interaction with her.  Yeah, so they can charge her more!  

Luke starts his interpretive tours this month.  He is elated.  

The other 2 are on their respective same tracks.  

Nothing else exciting from my shrinking corner of the world! 

Later my Friends! 

2/01/2024 4:51 pm  #50

Theresa, what is an interpretative tour? 

Carol , has it warmed up any in Houston? 

Devonne, that’s why I don’t watch pet videos anywhere, can be too sad. 

I tried the steps. Tucker put in a railing on the left, but I want one on both sides, so Ralph want and got one and will add it. 

Looks like it’s going to stay in the 40’s for another couple of weeks, El Niño maybe? 

We had ziti for dinner in a meat sauce, from frozen. Quick and easy. 

2/02/2024 1:05 am  #51

hi everyone!  I’m so sorry to have been gone so long!  I think of you all often, I’ve just been having a rough time since I got Covid. It’s almost been 3 years since I first got it, and about 3yrs, 3 months since I went to the hospital for several weeks. 
truly a life changing journey. The best thing that came from it was repairing my relationship with my mom. She had kind of written me off about a year or so before I got sick. Then I almost died and it freaked her out.  I stayed at the Alexander Homestead (I call it that now because my brother and his wife moved in there at pay the bills and whatnot)for about a month when I finally got out of the hospital and needed quite a lot of help when they moved me back to the poor side of town 😷
my mom still has to drive me everywhere. I had just decided I might be able to drive again but my car had to be scrapped after I had it towed to the car fixers. 
so now I’m trying to save up to get a new to me vehicle when I get part of my back pay from my disability. 
Actually the car money kind of got pushed down the list a bit because my sister has graciously 🙄 allowed me a room in the basement of the office building to set up for my quilting. So I'm having to put some money into that project. My mom is really helping with the finances too. Of course, she’s (my sister) got some stupid rules about how I can and can’t attach things to the walls and stuff. I don’t get it, it’s not a room anyone would use other than storage 🤷🏻‍♀️ but at least she’s letting me use it so I have to be nice.  So far only Loosey my long arm has been moved in and the concrete floor painted. Believe it or not but there were rules about color of floor paint 🤦🏻‍♀️
I have a lot of tremors still in my left hand and foot but there are days when they aren’t as bad, and I rarely have them on my right side anymore. So keep your fingers crossed that my hand doesn’t freak out while I’m cutting and slice off a finger 😳
my sister’s paralegal, Melissa, has taken up quilting and she was the driving force behind getting me a place to quilt again. 
all I’ve read are the posts on this thread, I’ll have to go back and read some more later. 
sure have missed you all, my fine motor skills have improved enough that I’m able to peck this out. Don’t dare try to read anything I write down though!  If it’s important my mom writes it for me. 🙄
hopefully this won’t be the last you hear of me!  I’m doing better enough to check in and put in my 2 cents worth on occasion!  
hope you all have a great rest of the week!

Last edited by Ashley (2/02/2024 8:47 am)

ASHLEY
KENTUCKY 

2/02/2024 5:13 am  #52

Welcome back Ashley!!! I hope things keep improving for you

Last edited by tricia-anne (2/03/2024 12:17 am)

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

2/02/2024 8:48 am  #53

thanks Patty!

ASHLEY
KENTUCKY 

2/02/2024 10:43 am  #54

Oh, great news to log in and see our wonderful Ashley!  Many thoughts and prayers have been with you on this journey.  It's so good to see you back here, and wishing you only sunshine from here on out.

2/02/2024 10:56 am  #55

Good Morning, it is so nice that Ashley is back.  Welcome!!!  The wind is really whipping today, but no sun.  It is 50*, so no freezing!!  Took Frank his morning coffee, so he's all set for awhile.  

I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will just sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

2/02/2024 11:50 am  #56

Ashley, what a wonderful surprise to see you posting. That's a really good thing your sister is doing for you.

I'm going to have lunch then head to my sewing room...not to sew, but to pick up, organize and clean.

I made donuts from a can of biscuits (Great Value). Grands would be better. They don't taste like biscuits...maybe because they're deep fried? I did a mixture of sugar & cinnamon. They are for the kids. 

D e v o n n e

2/02/2024 12:46 pm  #57

Great to see Ashley on here! I have the weather channel on. Anchorage AK has hit 100 inches of snow this winter, they usually get 80 per winter! Yikes! 

We did errands, paid the property tax, dropped off the check to the electricians, I needed some colors  of XS thread, and we had lunch at Texas Roadhouse. 

It’s a drizzley day, but 44, so no snow.

2/02/2024 1:29 pm  #58

Those look good, Devonne.  I see some donut holes--maybe you can have one of those?    I never deep fry anything so they wouldn't be for me.  I think I was turned off of deep frying early as a kid when our next door neighbors would invite Grandpa and me over for fried fish cooked in their deep fryers which were always sitting on the counter with old grease in them waiting for the next time.  Oh well we survived that and they were friendly, wonderful neighbors...

Hi, Ashley.  Good to see you and catch up with you.  Sounds good, mostly, after your terrible bout with covid.   

Theresa, at least you're HOME and not dealing with everything from the "outpost" in Columbia.  Your Mom can't fool you and she knows it!  She'll try...after all, what else does she have to do?  

So this is the latest here:  Howard misplaced the papers (Form 1099?) from SS he needed to do our taxes!  So yesterday he jumped through all the hoops to get them again from  SSA and this morning we worked together to get MINE!  And, it could have been worse.  He tried to include me in the blame, but I found what I was responsible for and presented them to him.  We're always trying to improve, but if it isn't one thing, it's another.  

So, with that, I'll close.  Have a good afternoon and Sweet Dreams.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (2/02/2024 1:31 pm)

2/02/2024 1:39 pm  #59

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE REST OF THE WORLD BUT DEAR OLE MAINE ALWAYS HAS 6 WEEKS MORE OF WINTER, NO MATTER WHAT THE GROUNDHOG TELLS US, FROM SNOW TO COLD.  WE'VE EVEN HAD SNOW THE FIRST WEEK IN APRIL.

ASHLEY.......HOW NICE TO SEE YOU POSTING AND KNOWING THAT YOUR LIFE IS BETTER.  ITS GREAT YOUR MOM CARES SO MUCH FOR YOU.  A NEAR MISS WILL DO THAT.  SHE'S GRATEFUL TO STILL HAVE YOU AND KNOWS IT.  GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE GETTING INTO YOUR QUILTING AGAIN.  I HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT WELL FOR YOU.

JUDY......I ALWAYS WONDERED ABOUT THE OLD OIL FOR DEEP FRYING MYSELF.  I DON'T DEEP FRY.  I MAY PUT A HALF INCH OF OIL IN A SKILLET FOR SOME THINGS, BUT ITS DUMPED OUT AFTER USE.  I WORRY ABOUT USING OLD OIL THOUGH I KNOW SOME FOLKS KEEP ADDING IT TO A CAN AND USING IT OVER AND OVER, WITH OIL AND LARD AND GREASE ALL MIXED TOGETHER.  UGH!

DEVONNE......I THINK THAT HOMESTEAD YOU WATCH IS ONE I GAVE UP ON A COUPLE YEARS AGO.  NOW I HAVE 3 FAVORITES:
LIVING TRADITIONS WHO I FOLLOWED FROM THEIR SMALLER HOMESTEAD TO THIS LARGER ONE WITH CATTLE AND THEIR POULTRY.  THEY MILK ONE JERSEY COW FOR THEIR MILK, CHEESES, ETC.  THEY LIVE, I THINK IT IS, A KETO DIET BUT HAVE SOME GOOD HOMEMADE RECIPES THEY SHARE NOW AND THEN.  THEY ALSO HAVE A GARDEN THAT IS IMPROVING WITH THEIR HIGH TUNNEL AND NOW INTO RAISED BEDS.  A NICE FAMILY.  
THEN THERE'S COG HILL FARM.  THEY HAVE LOTS OF ANIMALS AROUND, ALL WITH NAMES, AND ALWAYS FIND ROOM FOR ONES THAT ARE NO LONGER WANTED.  THEY ARE MORE OR LESS A SMALL LIMITED SANCTUARY, BUT HAVE GOATS, CHICKENS, A PET PIG, A PET STEER, A PET EMU AND SUCH.  AND DOGS, SOME DROPPED IN A DITCH. LOVELY FAMILY.  
SOW THE LAND IS A NICE FAMILY, TOO.  THEY SHOW A LOT ABOUT BUILDING THINGS FOR THEIR PLACE BUT THEY ALSO RAISE PIGS AND CHICKENS AND A GARDEN.  NICE FAMILY.
ALL THESE I HAVE WATCHED SINCE THEY ALL HAD SMALLER HOMESTEADS AND HAVE MOVED INTO LARGER ONES TO FULFILL THEIR HOMESTEADING DREAMS.  THEY MAY BE OF INTEREST TO YOU, TOO.  JUST THOUGHT I'D SHARE WITH YOU ALL.

ITS A DULL DAY HERE RIGHT NOW.  I PLAN ON MAKING TATER TOT SAUSAGE CASSEROLE, A FAVORITE WITH ME AND MY FAMILY.  I WILL SHARE WITH HIM AND NEIGHBORS.  ITS TOP OF THE LIST.  MY SON SHOPS FOR ME TOMORROW.  I HAVE MY LIST READY FOR HIM.

MY BACK IS BETTER NOW THANK YOU LADIES.  WASN'T AS BAD AS IT COULD HAVE BEEN.  BUT SITTING AT BINGO WAS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME.  MY BACK IS ACHING NORMALLY AFTER EACH OF THOSE SESSIONS.
STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (2/02/2024 1:49 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

2/02/2024 1:58 pm  #60

HI!

WELCOME BACK ASHLEY! YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED.  SORRY YOU HAVE SHAD SUCH A TIME WITH COVID AND THE AFTER AFFECTS. HOPE YOU KEEP GETTING BETTER AND BETTER. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.  BEST WISHES IN GETTING YOUR QUILTING BUSINESS GOING. HOPE YOU CAN GETT SOME PADDING TO STAND ON AROUND YOUR LONG ARM. WISHING YOUR THE BEST IN YOUR ENDEAVORS.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS.........................................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

Board footera