OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

1/29/2024 7:44 pm  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY JANUARY 28 ~ SAT FEB 3

Good evening friends,
It is a dreary, warm winter here.  I am sick of the gray but like the 50 degree weather.    It was a little cooler today, around 40, but still very warm for winter.  We have had a steady gentle rain for three days.

Aaron did get his results from the colonoscopy and the polyp removed is deemed "pre-cancerous"  He has not spoken with his surgeon yet so not sure what the next step, if any, will be.  He has battled melanoma twice so I hope he does not have to go thru any immunotherapy or drugs.  It is a waiting game.  

Trish, I had to google "Temperature quilts" since I had not heard of them.  Quite interesting.  

Sandra, we prefer the thin spaghetti, too.  I actually like ANY type of pasta, but Dean likes the spaghetti so I usually make it.

I have been doing my jigsaw puzzles and sewing charity quilts to keep busy.  I have been so worried about Aaron since it has been over a week since  his colonoscopy.  I tend to cram food into my mouth when I am stressed, so I have been trying to stay out of the kitchen.

Sending warm thoughts to you all.

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/30/2024 2:40 am)

1/29/2024 7:51 pm  #22

San's email box is full and isn't accepting any more messages.  If anyone has her phone number and wants to call or text her, there is a package for her on her front porch.  

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

1/29/2024 8:35 pm  #23

I just sent Diana a text. Not sure a current phone number for her. Hasn't come back yet, but could be someone else's number.

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/30/2024 2:40 am)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

1/29/2024 11:11 pm  #24

It’s been a frustrating week for me. Last Monday evening I had a roof leak in the sun room. About 20 years ago we had the patio enclosed to make this room so it has an almost flat roof. We have had two leaks previously but the roofer says the problem is the flatness of the roof, not the materials on the roof. He did a temporary patch, the best possible while it was all still wet. It rained off and on for four more days without any more leaking. He will be back to do a permanent fix as soon as he can. I’m thankful he was able to take care of it and that there seems to be no damage inside. I don’t like having to deal with stuff like this by myself.

The past couple of days I have felt like something is a little different with my heart rate. After a call to the cardiologist office, they suggested I send a transmission from my pacemaker to see if there is a problem. I couldn’t get the handset on the monitor to work. So I called the company, explained what was happening and was told I need a new handset. They are sending one but it won’t be here for at least a week. Another call to the cardiologist to ask if that’s OK. The PA listened to my explanation of how it feels and asked several other questions before saying she thinks everything is fine but to send a transmission as soon as I get the new handset. I’m already feeling a little better so I think at least part of the problem is that I was worrying too much.

I think I have my Christmas shopping done! Now I just need to check to be sure I got everything I wanted to and then wrap it all before February 23 when I go to David’s for our family celebration.

Last edited by Pvillelou (1/30/2024 8:47 am)

1/29/2024 11:54 pm  #25

OOPS, that’s big, I’ll make another post 😄

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/30/2024 12:07 am  #26

Monday January 29, 2024 , 9:55pm

Prayers and hugs 🫂 everyone..

Hope you all have had a good day..

Thank you everyone.. it is beautiful 😍 and cheerful 😊.. just what I needed tonight.. it has shared your love ❤️ and hugs 🫂 with me.. it is on my bed ready for me to cuddle with and sleep 😴 💤 when I cool down enough.. lots of hot flashes at night 🌙 lately..

I gave it hugs already ,but needed it moved to bedroom for safety.. had puppy on one side of me and dgson on the other and starting to eat burrito, so I had my dson move it to my bed..

More tomorrow.. thank you very much for the card and quilt..

Good night 😴..

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/30/2024 2:41 am)

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

1/30/2024 12:08 am  #27

that’s the Jane Austen Coverlet, we’ll see it in person in July, it’s on show in her house! The centre is printed BUT they have diamonds also in the fabric they give you surrounding it, so you have to fussy cut them all out, plus cut diamonds from the yardage, no idea why they do that. Hopefully the template comes with the pack, if not I can order one here. The border is printed like that, so you just have to cut the lengths, and IF it’s sewn correctly the little diamonds -white with spot - should line up with the border - we shall see if that works for me, one of the girls has done one and hers matched 😄 

CAROL that is so very generous of you, so much love you give out, My hope is that it's returned to you a thousand times over 💕💕

TRACY fun to be back in the cottage again💕

SANDRA you have a lot to choose from for dinner. I just got notified of a whole lot of shows on Britbox, might have to make a list 😄

MARYLOU I feel your pain, I’m dealing with the roof repairs to, the Mr is never here, so I have to make the decisions, also I’m the contact LOL 

CHERYL that worry is over thank heavens, I’m glad he’s OK. 

CAROL & STRINGS thanks for letting us know about the mailbox and phone message. Hoping she sees it and also clears out her mail. I do  have a number listed for her, I can try it tomorrow, too late now in my time zone.

Better run, have to finish cooking dinner😄

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/30/2024 9:45 am  #28

I see San's post, so I can share with you.  

Okay, here is the picture.  It is made up of many of the fabrics that y'all shared so generously a couple of years ago, so each of you is nestled into Diana's quilt.

I'm just so relieved it's there after all of the post office anxiety around here.  

Last edited by Needlecrazy (1/30/2024 9:50 am)

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

1/30/2024 11:35 am  #29

Beautiful quilt!. Thank you Carol. Glad it arrived.

Don't think my number was the one for San.

strings

1/30/2024 12:34 pm  #30

Wow, Carol, how beautiful! You are one busy lady! 

Janet, I also wanted fresh waffles! I had half a memory of having a waffle iron, and went looking and found it, but can’t find the directions, so I have to google making waffles. 

It’s been overcast and occasionally drizzley for several days, but no snow, yay! The contractor is almost done the stairs, he has to put the railing in yet.

1/30/2024 12:48 pm  #31

Carol, the quilt is so cheerful and pretty!  Thank you for doing that.  

I have a mini waffle maker and I use it all the time.  It is so easy and the waffles are so much better than the Eggo ones.  I like not having any chemical or preservatives in my home made ones.  My mom always made home pancakes/waffles.  I make a lot at a time and then freeze them.  They freeze well.  I did try those chaffles and they tasted like baked eggs to me.....not a fan.

I bought a layer cake bundle of fabric from Amazon.  It was  cheap and I must say, so are the fabrics!    I will still use them in some way.  I think I will practice my free motion quilting on them and perhaps make a pad/blanket for the dogs at the local shelter.  I also bought a couple of rolled fat quarters from the Dollar Tree store ($1.25 each) and they are actually pretty nice.  I would definitely buy them again.  I needed a couple of solid green to go with my prints.

I am making potato soup and rolls for supper.  Potatoes were on sale so I have ten pounds to use.  My family all  like soup.

Nothing else to say here, so will sign off.

1/30/2024 1:11 pm  #32

I TEXTED SAN/DIANA YESTERDAY AND GOT A REPLY AFTER 1 A.M. WHICH WAS FINE SINCE I STAY UP TIL 3 OR 4 EACH NITE.  THERE IS A 3-HOUR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE COASTS.

CAROL......THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE PICTURE OF THE QUILT.  SHE SEEMS TO BE ENJOYING IT.  SHE TOLD ME SHE JUST LOVES IT.

CHERYL.......PRAYERS AND POSTIVE THOUGHTS CONTINUE FOR DEAR AARON IN HIS STRUGGLES.  I KNOW HE WANTS GOOD NEWS AS DO THE REST OF US.  I HOPE THE SURGEON GIVES HIM SOME.
YOUR POTATO SOUP SOUNDS A WINNER.  I GUESS WE ALL LOVE SOUPS ESPECIALLY IN THE WINTER MONTHS.  I KNOW I DO.

MARYLOU......SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE LEAKING ROOF.  LUCKY YOU HAVE A TEMPORARY FIX FOR NOW.  I HOPE ITS A GOOD ONE.
POSTIVE THOUGHTS FOR YOU AS WELL WITH YOUR HEART MONITOR ISSUES.

TRISH.......THAT IS A GREAT QUILT.  IT REMINDS ME OF ONE DONE BY SOMEONE WHO DOES HERS BY HAND.  I MAY CHECK INTO IT AND FIND MYSELF DOING SOME HAND WORK SOON.  IT BEATS HAVING TO SIT AT MY SEWING MACHINE WITH AN ACHING BACK AS A RESULT MOST TIMES.  I THINK I WILL TRY IT.  MY HANDS ARE STILL IN PRETTY GOOD SHAPE.  NO ARTHRITIS HAS SET IN YET.

MY DAY WILL BE QUIET ONCE AGAIN.  I TOOK OUT MY TRASH TO THE DUMPSTER.  IT WAS SURE NICE TO FEEL THE SUNSHINE ON MY FACE.  I HAVE A CASSEROLE TO TRY TODAY, I THINK.  IT DEPENDS ON HOW I FEEL LATER.  I MAY RESORT TO SANDWICHES FOR MY MEALS TODAY INSTEAD.  I STILL HAVE SOME TUNA LEFT AND THERE'S ALWAYS P. BUTTER, WHICH I LOVE.

I WILL GO HUNTING FOR THOSE HAND-SEWN PATTERNS NOW.  
HAVE A GOOD DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (1/30/2024 1:23 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

1/30/2024 2:00 pm  #33

Last Christmas, Lynn gave me a mini waffle maker and suggested making a lot at a time and freezing them. It works well for me! My favorite recipe is the one on the Bisquick box. It’s good and it’s easy. I also have Bill’s Mom’s recipe that I use once in a while. It’s extra good but a little more work.

Like some of the rest of you, I love soup. I made some minestrone a few days ago, put some in the freezer, and had the last of it for lunch. A friend recently gave me a recipe for white bean and sausage soup that I’m going to try tonight.

P.S. the bean and sausage soup was OK but I probably won’t make it again. I have other soup recipes that I like a lot better.

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/31/2024 2:36 pm)

1/30/2024 4:51 pm  #34

I posted last night, but I see I'm way behind already! 

Cheryl, continued prayers for Aaron. Agree with you about the chemicals and they are better than Eggos!

Diana, glad your quilt arrived. It's a beauty!

Carol, what can I say? Thank you isn't sufficient. 

Marylou, so sorry about your roof leak and heart issue. I agree with you about doing this stuff by yourself. Greg went with me when I got new tires and Gary bought & replaced my wipers for me. 

Trish, that's a beautiful coverlet!

Cheryl/Marylou, that's a great idea to make a bunch of mini waffles and freeze them. The last 3 leftovers I had, I put them in the toaster, then added cream cheese. You can use just butter, preserves, apple butter, apple sauce and even peanut butter. Whatever you like.

I talked to Sis last night. The first part of the conversation seemed normal; the second part not so much. She has an appt. Thursday with the urologist about her UTI's. Melena tells me these things, as Shelby can't remember. She said if I came to visit her, she won't remember me being there. They put a "High Fall Risk" sign on her bed. 

eta: This is the 2nd time I have typed this. The first one went to never, neverland.

Last edited by DownSouth (1/30/2024 4:59 pm)

D e v o n n e

1/31/2024 9:46 am  #35

I made waffles for breakfast! Like Mary Lou, I used the Bisquick recipe. 

New pic of the waffles and my XS project on my blog.

Contractor Tucker says he will finish up today! Yay!

1/31/2024 9:57 am  #36

GOOD MORNING!

HOPE EVERYONE AND FAMILY ARE DOING WELL. FRIENDS, TOO.

SORRY FOR ROOF LEAKS AND SUCH.

TRISH, LOVELY QUILT PIX. HAVE FUN DOING IT.

THERESA GLAD CLOSING WENT WELL. HOPE LAKE PROPERTY AND ETC. WILL GO WELL AND SOONER RATHER THAN LATER. KNOW ALL THIS IS DIFFICULT AS WELL AS TAKING CARE OF YOUR MOTHER.

BJ, HOPE YOU ARE DOING BETTER.

SAN, GLAD THE QUILT ARRIVED. KNOW YOU WILL LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I DO MINE. A difficult time for you. ((((HUGS)))........

SORRY IF NOT MENTIONED.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYETS...............

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/31/2024 2:36 pm)

strings

1/31/2024 10:04 am  #37

Contractor Tucker is done, paid and gone! So happy!

1/31/2024 11:01 am  #38

Good Morning to everyone.  Hard to believe January is on it's last day.  Tomorrow starts a whole new month.   We've had no snow to speak of, so maybe Feb. will give us a bunch, hope not!!  My Tracy must be running late today, as she hasn't called and she starts work at 9 and it's 8:58 right now.

It's  54* right now and the wind is blowing.  I have no plans for the day so will just be a bum as usual!!  Well, I have nothing more to say so will just sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

1/31/2024 11:39 am  #39

ITS A PRETTY GRAY DAY TODAY.  PLANS HAVE CHANGED FOR ME.
I TWANGED MY BACK A BIT PULLING THRU QUILT CONTAINERS LOOKING FOR THAT PATTERN.  ITS NOT BAD TODAY BUT SITTING IN A HARD CHAIR, EVEN WITH MY PILLOW, IS NOT ON MY AGENDA TODAY SO NO BINGO.  BUT I WILL COOK.
A NEIGHBOR HAS BEEN LAID UP WITH A UTI FOR AWHILE AND DID NOT GET HER MEDS TIL YESTERDAY.  NOT DOING WELL. SHE ALSO HAD TO HAVE HER CAT PUT DOWN MONDAY.  A CHURCH FRIEND TOOK HIM IN.  THEY WERE AN INSEPARABLE PAIR.
I WILL MAKE A CHICKEN AND STUFFING CASSEROLE AND ADD A COUPLE OF HASH BROWN PATTIES TO A PLATE FOR HER SUPPER.  SHE HASN'T BEEN EATING MUCH OF ANYTHING. SHE IS NOT INTO SPICY SO THIS MEAL SHOULD WORK WELL FOR HER.  THERE WILL BE ENOUGH FOR US BOTH AND MAYBE LEFTOVERS AS WELL.

HOLLY.......HOW NICE YOUR WORK HAS BEEN FINISHED AND NOW YOU CAN JUST ENJOY IT.

TRISH.......THOUGHT OF YOU WATCHING 2 CALL THE MIDWIFE SHOWS LAST NITE.  THEY WERE SAD BUT GAVE A REALISTIC LOOK AT HOW THINGS WERE IGNORED BACK IN THE 50S AND 60S.

DEVONNE.......ITS NICE TO HAVE SONS THAT CAN HELP OUT NOW AND THEN.  I KNOW MY KIDS ARE LIFESAVERS AT TIMES.

LINDA......NICE TO SEE YOU POSTING.  I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY.

THAT'S IT FRIENDS.  GOING TO GET MY CHICKEN BAKING SO ITS READY FOR LATER.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (1/31/2024 11:43 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

1/31/2024 1:32 pm  #40

We seldom eat pancakes and never waffles (no waffle iron) because...and here it is again...HOWARD WON'T EAT BREAKFAST FOR SUPPER and I'm crabby in the morning and not up to messing with pancakes.  I do have a recipe waiting to be tried that has yeast in it and needs to be mixed up in the evening and sit in the frig overnight.  Can handle that, just haven't done it.  

QB, sorry about your back.  Sometimes the littlest thing lays us up.  But, as always, you're a wonderful friend to your poor neighbor with the UTI and  losing her cat at this time.  

WARNING:  Don't drop cooked sweet potato on the floor, step in it and smear it around your kitchen.  Might as well have been glue.  First, I couldn't figure out what it was (and couldn't blame Fancy).  Second, it dried over night and had to be soaked and scraped off.  Got that cleaned up, brought my teeny bit of coffee from breakfast into the sunroom and promptly spilled that in one of the upholstered chairs and the floor.  Got that cleaned up and finally am here.  

Like several of you,  I like the smaller pastas--thin spaghetti, small shells and elbows.  Howard gets what I like!   

Mary Lou, hope your sunroom roof is holding.  When we made our deck into a sunroom, Howard's son, David, built it and put a rubber roof that slightly slopes.  So far, after almost 24 years, it's been okay.  At the time, he worked for a commercial roofing co. and had the equipment and supplies to do that.  It is very hard to handle that kind of stuff by yourself.  

Carol, thank you.  The quilt is just beautiful and thankfully, didn't get lost in the mail.  I know from what she said, San loves it and feels our love and caring for her, all thanks to your generosity.  

Howard went to lunch with Dave, yesterday, and ML, who didn't know he was going to, called right after he left.  She had been to ladies Bible study in the "freezing" church basement and wanted to stop by here.  Luckily, I had my little heater,  some hot chocolate mix, fresh milk, a new pkg. of bologna and fresh white bread so that's what WE had for lunch.  (Howard had shrimp )  Both of our men are retired so we seldom get  girl time alone at either of our homes.  Both men make themselves scarce, but you know what I mean. LOL

Cheryl, thinking of Aaron and of course you, his Mom.  I don't know what they do with previous CA in the picture, but maybe he'll only have to do another colonoscopy sooner.  I'm glad he has Katie, now, too, to share the good and the bad.
I also bought  some of those rolled fat quarters at Dollar Tree.  I picked out 3 that go together.  They're all woven, not printed  and are quite pretty. Left them rolled and tied together and propped up on the windowsill for decor.  Not sure what else to do with them, yet.  

Thank you, Trish for editing.  I don't know why sometimes there's that big space and I don't know how to get rid of it.  I'm glad you did/do!  

Time to quit and get started again.  This is a pleasant, relaxed week for me, but I'm not wasting time, am sorting and culling with no company coming for quite awhile...that I know of...
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (1/31/2024 1:44 pm)

Board footera