OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

1/20/2024 1:02 pm  #61

Re: ODT SUNDAY JANUARY 14 ~ SAT JAN 20

Afternoon!

HOLLY YOUR BREAKFAST CASSEROLE IS VERY MUCH LIKE THE ONE THAT MY LATE MOM AND MY SISTER USE. IN OURS IT IS ONLY FOUR PIECES OF BREAD, TORN IN PIECES AND NOT BUTTERED. IT IS BETTER IF ASSEMBLED AND REFRERATED OVER NIGHT. DON'T ALWAYS HAVE ROOM IN FRIDGE TO DO THAT, SO JUST LET SIT A BIT TO LET THE BREAD ABSORB THE MILK AND EGG MIXTURE. I USUALLY ADD MORE CHEESE THAN 1_CUP.

Cold and windy yesterday and cold and windy today.

WE HAVE NATURAL GAS HEAT. HOUSE WOULD BE WARMER IF WE HAD BETTER WINDOWS. MY PARENTS HAD A HEAT PUMP BUT USED THE FIREPLACES FOR EXTRA WARMTH.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS.............

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/20/2024 2:44 pm)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

1/20/2024 1:37 pm  #62

Devonne, and that's what it turned out to be, the wintry weather!   Sometimes Old Man Winter works in your favor, but not often.    That's me too, winter or summer, I'm mostly inside.  Have tried to change that the past 2 yrs. though by spending more time on the front porch in summer.  Still working on winter, but not too hard...   I read somewhere that if you can stand in a doorway for 41 (?) seconds each day and breathe outside air, it's good for you.  Wonder why 41 secs?  
Guess that odd amount might stick in your mind...

There is at least two feet of snow piled up on top of our grill and some critter has walked thru the back yard.  And, it's too cold and snowy for the man behind us to burn anything!  Bless his heart...  Remember, he burns something everyday he's able to. 

QB, how nice your Matt and Daphne spent some time yesterday with you, visiting.  I know that made your day.  It's the little things that count...
Holly, that sounds good.  I hope I can fool Howard into believing it's really  supper and not breakfast.  You know how he refuses to eat breakf. for supper.  I'm not going to breath a word, just make it and IF he notices, play innocent!  Ridiculous, I know, but I pick my battles.  Believe I'll half it to start.  So many of those type casseroles take so many eggs and we need so many fewer.  You and Ralph are the best recipe testers and there are just two of you, too! 

Mary Lou, glad you got out.  It's hard to be cooped up when you need and want to get out a bit.  I've heard we (in the Midwest) are going back to El Nino-type weather.  Hope that holds true through Feb., the worst month, IMHO!  Up here, we always have the 'Lake Michigan effect' to deal with.  All this snow is lake effect.  It's beautiful coming down, and light and airy, thus the possible large amounts that can accumulate.

Have a good remainder of the day.  Hugs to all. 
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (1/20/2024 3:27 pm)

1/20/2024 2:43 pm  #63

Holly, I will try that recipe too.  We love breakfast for supper.  We have it often here.

Still cold and windy today, wind chill of just negative 6 today.  The snow is so light and fluffy this time around when it is usually quite wet.  The neighbor cleared his drive with his leaf blower. 

Aaron had a difficult time after his colonoscopy.  He stopped breathing and they had to give him oxygen and pulled on this neck and throat?  Anyway, his throat is still swollen today and he is having a hard time eating anything.  His uvula is huge and hitting his tongue so it keeps him coughing.  He did have some polyps and they were removed and will be checked for cancer.  Doc said he has done this many times and it looked ok to him.  (praying that is so).

I really need to go to the grocery store but will wait a few days.  It is supposed to hit 49 degrees by next Saturday.  Crazy weather for sure.

I did venture out to the local library branch because I had a couple of books on hold.  I am going to re-read The Lovely Bones.  I read it years ago and did like it.  I am not finding many new books that I like.

Have a great day all.

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/20/2024 2:43 pm)

1/20/2024 3:03 pm  #64

CHERYL so sorry he had issues after his colonoscopy, the Mr also has issues after procedures, he needs to inform them now before every one, just so they are aware, he said it's so scary when you can't breathe when you 'surface' (((hugs)))

SANDRA so nice to have a visit for just visiting. Hope they have a good weekend.

I have to fly-by today, heading to my sis for the annual gathering, and not really looking forward to it. I made huge cowboy rice salad, and will do the tomato/bocconcini when I get there, made a loaf of sourdough (just for sis ), the Christmas Crack and lemon bars. I just need to pack everything up. One neice finally got back yesterday with what she MIGHT bring, she has 4 kids, herself and hubby, she'll bring bread rolls and ice cream???? 
Honestly don't understand my brothers family. We'll make things work, but I just like to know that we have (actual )  food for everyone. There will be over 40 of us.

It's going to be very hot here today, should be a little cooler at sis's place. She has a pool so they will swim. I'll be back later today, Hopefully not too late, I'll need tome to let the house cool down with the A/C when we get home, supposed to go over 100 here, but only mid 80's on the coast. We'll leave the house with shutters down, hope that helps.

If we were home the a/c would be on early, but don't want to leave it on all day when we aren't here.

Sounds like many of you are either snowed in, or hibernating, and also sounds like the 'cold' climates deal with the snow better LOL Same here, the 'hot' climates deal with the heat better LOL

In our north they have huge fans, and cope with the heat better than we do. I remember being amazed by huge "slats" the width of the room moving the air in the ceiling in our hotel in Port Douglas, and no doors in the hotel foyer, just all open. It made a huge difference. The rooms were air conditioned, but the open spaces were cooled that way. Now we also have lots of 'water misters' where they put small pipes around the areas, and then the water sprays a really fine mist, that work too.

I better get moving!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/20/2024 3:31 pm  #65

Breakfast Casserole recipe posted 6-29-22 on page 3 of favorite Foods thread/topic.

Fried apples or applesauce a good side dish with. Decided much easier to do the casserole than the egg bites.

ETA: ALSO POSTED ON2-6-23 AND SANDRA KINDLY CORRECTED IT.

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/21/2024 12:59 am)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

Board footera