OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

1/18/2024 10:58 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY JANUARY 14 ~ SAT JAN 20

Good Morning to everyone!!  The Orkin guy is here, making sure we don't have any bugs getting in the house.  It is still covered with snow outside, about 3".  We have a slight breeze blowing this morning, but otherwise, very still.

I have no plans for the day, Frank just got up.  I have a nice warm shirt on this morning, so am comfortable.  I obviously don't have anything to say this morning, so will just sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

1/18/2024 11:47 am  #42

Trish, funny, I don’t notice Murdoch having an accent! 

1/18/2024 2:55 pm  #43

Afternoon y'all! 

QB here they are showing 3 each week.  With the final 3 next week.  It has been very entertaining.  

Trish I feel your pain with the roof leaks.  We had them this summer.  Got the roof guy out here, cost us ~ $200 to get it all fixed and didn't have to involve insurance.  So it was a win!  Mom's house also had them, those too are fixed! 

Not much happening here.  Mom lost her glasses.  Good thing I anticipated it and bought 2 pair, when I bought her glasses.  I searched everywhere in her room.  She doesn't leave it so it's in there somewhere, I hope!  She has lost her hearing aids and we found them in the garbage can.  I hope that's not where her glasses went, her garbage had already been emptied when I got to her room!  

I did walk the park in the cold.  Thermals are my friend, along with wool sweaters.  I actually get to wear them this year!  

Ran to Kroger after my walk to get the fixin's for supper, they are in the crockpot cooking away! 

I am working on my CEU's for my license, even though I am retired they are still making me do them or be turned in to the Attorney General!  This stinks, but I will get it done and not even attempt to renew my license at all, not even inactive, in the future!  

Later my Friends! 

1/18/2024 4:05 pm  #44

Thanks for the compliments on my quilt. Thanks to Sandra for posting it for me. It’s hard to see but the fabric is Moda’s Japanese inspired line.
My colonoscopy cost me $300 for “incidentals”. My insurance paid everything else. I don’t know what the contracted amount between the drs, hospital and insurance was.
I finally got out today and that’s because DH drove. If we don’t get anymore snow/ice I will be good to go tomorrow.
Sandra- heat pumps are not used in the North because they are totally inadequate in that climate. In fact they are useless if the temperature drops below 35.
IMHO- I would never buy another house with heat pumps, a pool, and a long sloping driveway. All of this was on our never again list, but DH did it again….his fault, not mine. Oh and I’d never buy a previously owned house, especially if it had kids or pets….just saying.

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/19/2024 4:05 am)

1/18/2024 7:03 pm  #45

Janet, love the fabric you used and the design!

I had homemade chili for dinner, first time I've made it with no beans. Added too much chili powder, so will get lighter on the next batch. 

I need to make an appointment with a neurologist about my back. There's something nerve related going on, causing some numbness. My neurologist retired and I really liked him. I hate looking for a new doctor. Hopefully, it will be a group of doctors and I can pick and choose as I get to know them. 

D e v o n n e

1/19/2024 4:05 am  #46

SANDRA I understand about the dizzy, I have been getting more dizzy lately at training, especially getting up after laying down, I have learnt to do it slowly.  I found the celery soup, happy about that, I didn't think they carried it, but must have been out of stock.  I will definitely add that recipe to my pile

HOLLY I think it was probably more the way of talking than the accent, maybe the actor didn't go with his voice to me LOL Sometimes that happens. I read all the books of Diana Gabaldon, couldn't watch the series,  the character of Jamie was all wrong, turned me off.

DEVONNE I hope you can find out about your back, maybe it's the discs?? Not fun!

THERESA I know you have a lot more going on than I do, just keep going! My MIL used to put her hearing aids into tissue boxes with used tissues, so of course they were thrown out a few times, no idea why she did it. We actually saw her do it one time when we were entering her room, we could never figure out how she could loose them LOL -  It's interesting looking after someone in a care home, strange things happen.

Nothing much happening here now, the carpenter came, and I have 3 pieces of timber bracing the ceiling in the living room, NOT a good look, but it's doing its job. I made the Christmas Crack for Sunday's gathering - just broke it all up and put into the fridge, tomorrow I will make the brown rice salad, and also the lemon bars, they always are popular. 
The other salad is just a slice, dice and chop one, I'll do that at sis's, BUT I have to take some knives, she has NO really sharp knives. I like mine really sharp. I can make the dressings here to take  with me.

I have training in the morning, then brunch after, so I will be busy.  I am tired tonight did the washing and packed away some things, I sorted out my Dear Jane blocks and made a list. I am 1/2 way through - this is Jane 3. And it will be my last, I did a block yesterday, been so long since I did any sewing on it.

It's been humid again today, but with heat, and cooling off tonight, so good when that happens, much easier to sleep, I haven't got much sleep worrying about the ceiling caving in, but looks like it's going to be HOT with no rain forecast till after the roofer gets here on Monday. Fingers crossed.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/19/2024 7:37 am  #47

Trish, I agree with you, Jamie in the tv series is all wrong for how I have him pictured in my head.
You are the first person I've heard say that.  I don't think I've read the last book, I got a little tired of them.

Sorry for those of you suffering from the cold.  Our cold snap is ending this weekend.  Yesterday we got up to 4 above!!!  At least it hasn't been more than -15 yet and luckily I don't have to go out in it anymore.  I am very thankful to be retired and have a wonderful home and husband.

Speaking of retirement, I'm starting my seventh year!!!!

My first quilt retreat of the year is just a couple weeks away.  I have my projects ready to go, just need to gather everything and pack clothes.  My friend and I are making stew and biscuits for our meal.

Have a wonderful day and weekend!  Stay warm, or cool Trish.

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

1/19/2024 9:51 am  #48

ITS ANOTHER COLD ONE, DROPPING INTO THE SINGLES EARLIER TODAY, BUT SUNNY.  I HOPE NOT TO SEE SNOW OR HIGH WINDS FOR A FEW DAYS.
MY SON MAY SHOP TODAY FOR ME WHICH IS SAD FOR HIM.  I HAVEN'T MADE THE VEGGIE BEEF SOUP YET AND IT TAKES OVER 2 HOURS JUST TO SIMMER THE BEEF FOR TENDERNESS.  I GUESS ITS HIS LOSS.
I MADE MY PIZZA LAST NITE AND SHARED WITH 2 OTHERS.  IT HIT THE SPOT.

PLANS FOR TODAY ARE MINIMAL.  TAKE OUT THE TRASH, GET IN SOME LAPS, SIT AND TALK WITH MY SON A BIT, MAKE HIM HIS USUAL ITALIAN SANDWICHES TO TAKE HOME.  

THERESA......ON THAT TV SHOW MURDERS, IF THEY SHOW SOME MORE ON OUR CHANNEL I MAY TRY TO WATCH A FEW MORE TO SEE IF IT CATCHES MY INTEREST.  IT WAS ABOUT A YEAR BEFORE I WOULD WATCH ALL IN THE FAMILY WHEN IT STARTED.  THEN I THOUGHT IT HILARIOUS.
I HOPE YOUR MOM'S GLASSES SHOW UP.  LUCKY SHE HAS A DAUGHTER WHO THOUGHT AHEAD AND BOUGHT HER 2 PAIRS.  SMART MOVE.  SO EASY TO MISLAY THINGS AS ONE GETS OLDER.  I FIND MYSELF DOING THAT.  THEN ITS HUNTING TIME. 

TRISH.....GLAD TO HEAR YOUR TRUSSES ARE IN PLACE TO HOLD UP YOUR CEILING.  I HOPE ITS BROUGHT YOU LESS ANXIETY KNOWING ITS PROPPED UP. 

DEVONNE......I HEAR YOU ON THE SPICES IN CHILI.  I LOVE CHILI MYSELF BUT NOT TOO SPICY, JUST A BIT.  IF I PUT IN A BIT TOO MUCH I HAVE TO DRINK SOME CHOCOLATE MILK WITH IT TO TAMP DOWN THE HEAT IN MY MOUTH.  MILK OR ICE CREAM WILL DO THE TRICK.

LINDA.......I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD DAY TODAY.  

NOTHING ELSE FROM ME TODAY.  HUGS FOR ALL.   QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (1/19/2024 9:57 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

1/19/2024 10:01 am  #49

Snow! We have 3-4 inches already, with more predicted. I have dinner in the fridge, it’s an egg and sausage casserole, and has to sit several hours before cooking. 
I just watched a tutorial on you tube for a zig zag table runner by Missouri Quilt Company, likes really nice. 

1/19/2024 10:35 am  #50

Good Morning!!!  It is pretty breezy outside this morning and 37*.  If it wasn't for the snow still left on the ground, it would be like spring!!  The snow is melting a bit, but still on the ground.

I really don't have anything to say this morning, just wanted to check in and let you all know I was still alive!!  Hope you are all well and getting around.  Will sign off as I have nothing to say.  Have a wonderful day, BJ.

1/19/2024 11:48 am  #51

I hope everyone is staying warm. I'm having leftover chili for lunch.

My vehicle wouldn't start last night. I bought a small battery starter I keep in the car. I highly recommend those. They're great if you're a woman traveling alone. 

D e v o n n e

1/19/2024 2:36 pm  #52

Afternoon y'all! 

Alex found mom's glasses, they were neatly folded under her dresser!?!  Should have been the first place to look right? 

Still working on the 30 hours thing, got 6+ hours done, need to get more done today. 

Luke had a routine dentist appointment today, I dropped him off then went to see mom, no need for me to twiddle my thumbs while they clean his teeth!  I went back to get Luke, had to wait a little bit, then we walked the park, yes in the cold!  After that we went to the mall, he had pre-ordered some game thing and it came out today, he got that, then to the Leggo store to just look.  I love Leggos.  They are getting more and more expensive.  Luke really loves them.  

It's windy and cold here with wind chills at or near freezing!  Good day to be indoors!  

Nothing exciting.  Later my Friends! 

1/19/2024 4:20 pm  #53

Always remember, QB, how nice JOMO can be...  the JOY of MISSING OUT!  Winter or summer, it's nice to be content at home.  
Having said that, I've been on a bit of a merry-go-round.  Of course, here at home.  My antibiotic worked well, and I thought I was through with being sick.  But, Tuesday, after a baddish night, I felt crummy all day long.  Never had any idea of canceling for the second time, our Friday get-together (like Devonne, suggested), but we did.  I knew there was no way I could get by even with 'picking up, and no one would see the dirt', (Trish's advise, which I planned to take).  There's still the food shopping and the Dollar Store stop for paper goods and the hair I needed to wash and Fancy's dirty face, to wipe off when she really needs a full bath.  Everyone was understanding, gracious and  I suspect relieved, due to the extreme cold we'd been having.  As it turns out, there was no way, anyway.  We got at least 8 inches last night added to what we already had on the ground and no one could have come, today.  By mid next week, we're supposed to be around 40 and starting back into El Nino mode.  

Howard did plow this morning since we are expecting more snow tonight and then falling temps for two days. He has to push it into the front yard so it needs to be done in stages or it becomes immovable.  I'm so glad I'm not a man!  

Belatedly, Linda, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  Better late than never...   Always wise to give yourself permission for something's that's totally reasonable like doing as you wish on YOUR birthday!  

We have a natural gas furnace.   Our house that we  planned and built has a southern exposure on the backside where we "live"  and due to that sun gain or whatever it's called, it's a fairly easy house to heat. No thanks to us.  We're not that smart   OIt's just the way it sits.  But, I'm always thankful for it.

Diane, I'm so sorry for all the things you've been going through, personally and with your house/roof.  Hoping for a good outcome with those surgeries and much less stress.  I believe your hubby is retiring, soon.  That will be wonderful for you both.  Bet you can't wait!  

Trish, also so sorry for the roof leakages.  Talk about stress!  Especially if it could fall in.  Hope by now, it's been checked out and things are in motion.  Hope the food issues might be settled, too by now, for your family time together.  I know nothing about cricket, but being a disinterested sports person, I can understand your position.  Thankfully, we can amuse ourselves in spite of it.  Here, it's endless football and you know who doesn't spend as much time upstairs as he always did.  I can't wait for the Super Bowl, for my own reasons!  

Cheryl, that's so disgusting,  Aaron's part of payment.  Lots of unfairness in this country of ours.  I'll shut up but...
Need to go.  Glad to be back.  Going to read for a bit before I figure out which leftover to warm up for supper.. 
Indy

ETA:  In my haste to post, I failed to read page 3 which I've now read. So, if anything I wrote sounds a bit odd, just overlook it.   

Last edited by indyanny (1/19/2024 4:43 pm)

1/19/2024 5:11 pm  #54

I posted the sausage casserole recipe. It was described as a breakfast dish, but I made it for dinner. Ralph had two helpings and gave it thumbs up. 

It’s still snowing! We got 6 inches or so, so far. 

Theresa, wow on the CEUs! In my state, if you go inactive you don’t have to do CEUs. I still renew mine, but don’t think I will the next time, as I couldn’t physically do the job anymore. 

The recipe is from Facebook. I love facebook for recipes, crochet patterns, quilt patterns, and pix of my grandchildren. And I get all my town gossip from our town chat group.

1/19/2024 7:06 pm  #55

Hello, everyone! I got out Wednesday for some much needed errands and groceries but otherwise have been hibernating since last Friday. It’s supposed to start warming up on Sunday so I plan to go to church.

Lynn, who lives in Michigan, has been able to get out. David, who lives in Mississippi, has been snowed in! The difference is that they have snow plows and salt treatment for roads in the north!

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/20/2024 2:46 pm)

1/20/2024 8:02 am  #56

Upper teens here this morning with high winds throughout the night. Still windy but the sun’s out. I slept in. I think they said one more day of this frigid weather.

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/20/2024 2:45 pm)

1/20/2024 9:14 am  #57

A few more nights of this bitter cold and we're going in the middle 60's with rain coming in. Cold winters or hot summers, I'm inside for most of it. We have Spring to look forward to! 

Theresa, glad your Mom's glasses were found and you have some free time to read.

Marylou, my temps were colder than Sandra's a few days ago! Weird, isn't it? 

Judy, I hope you start feeling better. The weather is why I thought you would have to cancel again, not you feeling "under the weather." 

D e v o n n e

1/20/2024 9:46 am  #58

ANOTHER COLD DAY HERE IN THE NORTH COUNTRY.  BITTER IN THE SINGLES AND TEENS.  HITS LOW 20S IN AFTERNOON.  LUCKY ME I DO NOT HAVE TO GO OUT IN IT FOR ANYTHING.
MY SON SHOPPED FOR ME YESTERDAY.  HE HAD THE AFTERNOON OFF.  FEDEX'S MAIN EXCHANGE IS IN TENNESSEE AND ITS BEEN SO COLD AND ICY, MOST OF THE WORKERS CAN'T GET IN TO DO THEIR JOBS SO MANY DELIVERIES ARE MOSTLY STALLED.  ROADS THERE ARE ICY AND THEY DO NOT HAVE THE EQUIPT FOR CLEARING ROADS OF ICE AND SNOW LIKE WE DO IN THE NORTH.  SO HE HAD THE AFTERNOON OFF AND HE AND HIS DEAR WIFE SHOPPED AND VISITED.  IT WAS A NICE AFTERNOON FOR ME.
THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE A HOTEL WEEKEND.  THEY LIKE GETTING AWAY AND JUST ENJOYING THEIR TIME TOGETHER.  SMART.

HOLLY......THANK YOU FOR THE CASSEROLE RECIPE.  SOUNDS SIMILAR TO SOME I HAVE BUT I LIKE THE IDEA OF THE BREAD INSTEAD OF POTATOES.  I HAVE A COUPLE OF FOLKS THAT DO NO EAT POTATOES SO I CAN SHARE WITH THEM WHEN I MAKE IT.  I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I MAKE IT.  

MY DAY, PER USUAL, WILL BE QUIET AND SLOW AND JUST DOING WHAT I LIKE, WHEN I LIKE, IF I LIKE.  EATING LIKE THAT, TOO.  
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (1/20/2024 9:51 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

1/20/2024 10:13 am  #59

Sandra, FedEx is based in Memphis, just across the state line from David in Olive Branch, Mississippi. In fact, David worked there for a short time.

Current temp here is 10 but feels like -1. Like Sandra, I’m staying in today!

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/20/2024 2:45 pm)

1/20/2024 10:40 am  #60

Good Morning, it is 37* outside, tiny bits of snow here and there.  Tracy came last night, so glad to see her.  She's busy doing laundry right now, while I sit here!!!

Just noticed the garbage can is next to the house, Tracy brought it in last night.  They are not picking up until next week, too much snow!!  It is very cloudy outside this morning.  Certainly not much going on, so I think I'll sign off and go get my shower.  Hope you all have a wonderful day, BJ.

Board footera