OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/31/2023 12:50 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY JANUARY 14 ~ SAT JAN 20

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/13/2024 10:54 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY JANUARY 14 ~ SAT JAN 20

Bumping up for the week

DEVONNE I have a salad recipe, thank you! I am going to make a couple, one with peaches, heirloom tomatoes and bocconcini. The other is from Recipe Tin Eats, Cowboy Rice salad, brown rice with corn, black beans peppers and tomatoes. Both have easy dressing I can take with me in  jars LOL
I do like easy!!

I love the quilt, the binding is different from what I have seen, was it harder to do?

MARYLOU good idea to stay at home, keep warm, and lots of nice soup!

INDY you may have to cancel again if the weather keeps begaving like this. Hope you continue to improve.

Still haven't heard back from my neices, I hope they bring something, otherwise we'll be hungry, there will be 30-40 of us. My sis's house will be a mess, they are NOT tidy, and the kids will make a mess, but hopefully it will be fine weather, and we'll be outside - she has a big pool, and plenty of room outdoors. 

It's been showering on and off today, they mowed early, so that was lucky.
I got lots of fruit and veg, and the Mr wanted a madeira cake, so it went on the trolley LOL I've been trying to get him to eat more healthy, and not snack so much, working well isn't it LOL

See you later, stay safe and keep warm 

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/13/2024 10:57 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/14/2024 2:07 am  #3

Thanks, Trish! I had hoped to beat you to it this week! 😁

Sorry that I've been MIA again. I have such good intentions but my eyes, weather, and general busy schedule have other plans for my time!

I've attempted to submit a post a few times this week (plus the week before) and have been interrupted with power outages!

We had high sustained winds and 60 mph gusts Monday night and it rocketed and carried a tree branch causing it to puncture our roof! The damage is quite minimal, but so unexpected because we've had so many trees removed! But the wind carries things a great distance, so what can one do?

Needless to say, we are so very thankful it wasn't worse! The branch wasn't all that large and it did not puncture through to the ceiling.

I called our contractor Tuesday morning when we saw a branch up by one of the skylights. It was then that we knew for certain the noise I'd heard wasn't from the two small limbs I'd seen outside the back door when I'd gone to check. DH was at work all night and the wind and adrenaline kept me awake!

We've had more wind since, snow, and so it goes. 🤪

Back to my eyes, I have more surgeries ahead to deal with nodules on my corneas and rapidly changing astigmatism and vision. The doc feels this will help me see better in general and hopes it helps with ghosting, halos, smears, etc. I hope so as well. 😉🙏🏻 The first surgery will be later in February.

There goes the wind again, lights are flickering, so off I go!

Take care and have a great week!

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/14/2024 5:17 pm)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

1/14/2024 9:55 am  #4

DIANE........WOW, YOU HAVE WORSE TIMES WITH BAD WEATHER THAN I DO.  LOTS OF OUTAGES AND LIMBS HITTING THE ROOF.  GOSH, I HOPE THINGS IMPROVE FOR YOU FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS.  SORRY FOR THE EYE ISSUES.   YOU ARE HANDLING A LOT WITH THAT.  I WILL SEND ALONG PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS FOR YOUR NEXT EYE SURGERY SO THAT YOU ARE FIXED UP.

DEVONNE.....LOVE THAT QUILT.  ITS ADORABLE.  BUT TO BOTH THE KIDS, ONE QUILT?   MY GRANDS WOULD FIGHT OVER IT.  OR MAYBE THE QUILT LABEL IS THROWING ME OFF AND YOU MADE A QUILT FOR EACH OF THEM.

JUDY......GLAD TO HEAR THE ANTI-BIS WORKED FOR YOU AND YOU ARE BETTER.  SMART TO GO TO ER TO GET THOSE MEDS FOR YOURSELF.

TRISH.......I POSTED THE NOODLE RECIPE ON OUR RECIPE THREAD.  ITS EASY AND IT TASTES GOOD.  OF COURSE, YOU CAN TWEAK IT WITH DIFFERENT THINGS IF YOU LIKE, DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU HAVE ON HAND.  

ITS A NICE SUNNY DAY SO FAR BUT SNOW SHOWERS COMING LATER.  LUCKY ME I DO NOT HAVE TO GO OUT ANYWHERE.  TEMPS ARE NOT TOO COLD EITHER.
HAVE A GOOD DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (1/14/2024 10:24 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

1/14/2024 1:24 pm  #5

Good Morning to everyone!!  Tracy is taking a shower.  She has been working on one of her soldiers (sort of) painting it.   Took a break to get herself cleaned up.

Frank is asleep, so I decided to come in here and just post a bit.  I have no plans for the day.  It is cold, 25*, so am staying inside.  It is so still outside, not a breath of air is moving.  But inside it is still cool, I have a long-sleeved blouse and a long-sleeved sweater on to keep the cold out.  The sun is shining but brrrr.  I'm going to sign off and go sit and watch TV.  Hope you all have a wonderful day!!  Sending love and best wishes, BJ.

1/14/2024 3:03 pm  #6

Devonne, that quilt is just adorable!  Love the binding!

Judy, how great that the antibiotic worked so quickly for you.  Dean and I had tomato soup and crackers for lunch today.  It is one of our favorites....right out of the can.    I made a homemade tomato soup this summer and we did not care for it.  We grew up with Campbell's soups and prefer them.

I saw some of the Kansas City/Miami football game on the TV.  YIKES!! it was negative 6 degrees and some of those players only had on short sleeves.  I don't know how they did it.  That sure is cold.

It is clear and cold ( 10 degrees) but it is so  sunny and pretty that I don't mind.  I went to the grocery store and got a rather large order.  The two  grandkids will spend Monday and Tuesday night with us since Katie has to leave for work at 6:30 a.m. and cannot get them to school.

I bought some chicken tenders and think I will make them for supper.  Maybe add a salad and some sort of potato.  

Think I will go sew for a while since it is so quiet here today.  Dean is out working in his garage and everybody else is staying in the house.  

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/14/2024 5:12 pm)

1/14/2024 5:22 pm  #7

DIANE so sorry about your eyes, and hoping the surgery works for yo, OUCH!! on the house repairs, we have water - again - today, just saw it. At least we haven't fixed it from last time, so hopefully it will all get fixed now.

SANDRA thanks for the recipe, I will file it for later, although it's cool and dreary today, the rain is pouring down!

CHERYL I like the canned tomato soup too, made with half milk and half water, it's the only canned soup I like.

My temperature quilt is boring in colours, the exact same combo for the first day of the week for 3 weeks so far LOL and not much variation in the rest of the week. at least I didn't waste too much $$ on it LOL

Back to the housework, then yoga, going to be a quiet day today other than that.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/15/2024 9:35 am  #8

CHERYL.......YOUR MENTIONING YOU HAD MEAT LOAF MADE ME GO LOOKING FOR THE MEATLOAF CASSEROLE RECIPE I SAW ON YOUTUBE.  ITS ACTUALLY A SHORT MEATLOAF SHAPED IN THE CENTER OF THE CASSEROLE DISH WITH CARROTS ON ONE SIDE AND POTATOES ONE THE OTHER AND ALL COOKED TOGETHER, HENCE, A CASSEROLE OF SORTS.  THE MEAT IS DEFROSTED AND I JUST HAVE TO MAKE IT.  MAYBE TOMORROW SINCE I AM STILL A LITTLE ROCKY IN THE BALANCE DEPT TODAY AND CAN MAKE AN ITALIAN SANDWICH AND BOIL SOME EGGS FOR MY MEALS TODAY.

ITS SUNNY OUT BUT COLD AROUND HERE.  PAR FOR THE COURSE IN MAINE THIS TIME OF YEAR.  AT LEAST THERE IS SUNSHINE.

NOTHING EXCITING PLANNED HERE LADIES.  I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A MORE EXCITING DAY.  HUGS FOR YOU ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (1/15/2024 9:38 am)

1/15/2024 10:53 am  #9

Good Morning to everyone!!  The delivery man just brought 2 pkgs.  Both for me, not sure what they are but will open them later.  It is fairly bright outside this morning, but very still.  It is 18*, so a little better than the past few days, but nothing to rave about.

I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will just sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, Love, BJ.

1/15/2024 11:42 am  #10

Wow, I’ve had the Weather Channel on, the whole country is a mess! We’re predicted to get 1-3 tonight. 

Contractor is in the basement making a lot of noise. 

More XS pix on my blog, I’m over 5%.

1/15/2024 7:01 pm  #11

I had my annual eye exam today and all is well for another year. I told the young lady my problems with last year's dilation & she used lighter drops this time. I could have driven home myself if I had know about these drops, but Gary took me. I also got her to complete the Vision Form for the Georgia DDS. My driver's license expires this year and I can renew online with this completed form.

It is going to be so cold here; 14 degrees tomorrow night. We are under a winter wind advisory for the next 14 hours. I ordered a free standing infrared quartz fireplace that heats a 1,000 square foot room, so hope it helps. It's small, but got great reviews.

Holly, this XS seems to be moving along faster than the last one. 

Diane, sorry you will need surgery, but if you can see better, it's worth it. 

Here's a picture of my new heater. It's no bigger than my end table, so will fit fairly close to my recliner. It comes with a remote.

Last edited by DownSouth (1/15/2024 7:25 pm)

D e v o n n e

1/15/2024 9:41 pm  #12

Devonne, do you have the electric line to support the heater? I’m channeling Ralph here, LOL. This xs is half the size of the last one, which helps. And I haven’t gotten sidetracked yet, either. 

It’s snowing here, and sticking. The town brined the roads earlier. 

Tucker the contractor took out the old basement steps. Ralph locked the door to the basement so we, meaning he, doesn’t forget that there’s no stairs. 

1/15/2024 11:25 pm  #13

Holly, it uses regular 120 volts so just plug it into the wall outlet. It does say don't use it with a power strip and it needs to be 3 feet away from furniture, so need to rethink where to put it. I don't see any heater this small heating 1,000 square feet. It says "up to" 1,000 sq. ft. At least, it's returnable if I'm not happy with it, lol. 

Sandra, to answer your question about only one quilt for two children. When Caleb and Sadie Grace sleep at G&E's place, they watch tv together & sleep together, so one quilt is great. Gary said he's keeping the quilt at their RV. This Spring I will be giving the pink and green one I made to Sadie Grace. I'm going to add some girly designs to it.

D e v o n n e

1/16/2024 1:42 am  #14

DEVONNE good idea to have the kids share a quilt in that circumstance. 
Hope the heater works well for you, will it chew through a lot of power?? make sure you keep it away from curtains too!

SANDRA are cheezits a type of cheese cracker, I couldn't find any celery soup either, maybe i can sub out some things. Stay warm, we are having more rain, and hoping the ceiling will dry and not get more water in!

BJ are you keeping warm, is Tracy still there? I love how you end with love to all of us, love to you too!

STRINGS it comes up your birthday today, is it? or tomorrow, it's my brothers today, I sent him a message, he doesn't to my sis or me, but you never know, one day he might LOL

I had to count to 10 a few times today, LOL one of his daughters sent a rather abrupt message about our family day on Sunday, most  of them still haven't responded what they will bring in salads/sides. Makes it hard, I don't want people to be hungry, and will make extra but I need to know!

They are an interesting family - even if they are also mine actually, my sis told me to be nice LOL she has more patience than I do.

JANET how are you doing at the retreat? Have you finished anything?

HOLLY that is a pretty cross stitch, I am looking for my Sashiko , it's in a bag here, I saw it 2 days ago, now I can't remember where I put it. I finished my jigsaw, and want something to do at night while the Mr watches the cricket, I don't like cricket, very un-Australian of me I guess, it's boring LOL I just can't fathom sitting out in the sun all day watching someone hit a ball every couple minutes. Night games are just as boring. He loves it!!

We just had breakfast for dinner, I had ricotta hot cakes in the freezer, and also bacon, so cooked that, it was going to be chicken breast, but I forgot to take it out of the freezer.

I raced to the bank after training this morning, I was sweaty but it was a quick trip, better than going home and showering etc, we had a couple cheques to bank. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/16/2024 9:49 am  #15

TRISH......YES, CHEEZ-ITS ARE A CHEEZY CRACKER.  I MENTION IN THE BODY OF THE RECIPE YOU CAN USE ANY CHEEZY CRACKER LIKE GOLDFISH, AND EVEN RITZ CRACKERS.  I HAPPEN TO ALSO LOVE THE CHEEZ-ITS CRACKERS SO USUALLY HAVE SOME AROUND THE HOUSE WHICH WORKED OUT GREAT FOR THIS PARTICULAR RECIPE.
FOR THE CREAM OF SOUPS, YOU COULD SUBSTITUE CREAM OF MUSHROOM OR DOUBLE THE CREAM OF CHICKEN.  THE GOOD THING ABOUT THIS CASSEROLE IS YOU CAN ADD WHAT YOU LIKE BEST.

LINDA.....ITS YOUR SPECIAL DAY TODAY.  I HOPE IT WORKS OUT WELL.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING PRETTY GOOD THIS DAY.  EVEN IN THE SNOW, ITS A TIME TO REJOICE.  YOU CAN ALWAYS MAKE PLANS TO GET OUT ON ANOTHER DAY WITHOUT THE SNOW.

DEVONNE.......THAT HEATER LOOKS GOOD.  I HOPE IT DOES THE TRICK FOR YOU AND GIVES YOU A BIT MORE HEAT.  JUST FOLLOW ALL THE SAFETY RULES.  I WOULD SEND YOU SOME OF MINE IF I COULD.  TOO MUCH HEAT IS DRAINING.  I ALWAYS HAVE MY BIG FLOOR FAN READY TO COOL MY APT. AND MY WINDOWS OPEN.
I'M SURE YOUR PLANS FOR THE KIDS AND QUILTS WORKS WELL FOR THEM.  GOOD GRAM.

ITS SNOWING HERE AND COLD, ONLY INTHE 20S.  MY PLANS FOR THE DAY HAVE CHANGED.  NO LAUNDRY AND NO CASSEROLE TODAY SINCE I CAN'T DEPEND ON HAVING POWER THRU THE DAY SO MAYBE HAMBURGERS WHICH ARE QUICK.  I GUESS ITS ANOTHER QUIET DAY HERE TODAY BUT SINCE MY VACUUM IS BATTERY-POWERED, I CAN DO THE CARPETS.  IN THE MEANTIME, ITS TV TIME FOR ME.
I NEED TO CATCH UP ON A COUPLE OF SHOWS ANYWAY.  ONE IS CARTER, A MURDER MYSTERY SHOW WITH JERRY O'CONNELL FROM A FEW YEARS BACK.  THEY RAN SEVERAL OF THEM YESTERDAY WHICH I RECORDED.
STARTING TOMORROW IS ONLY MURDERS IN THE BUILDING WITH STEVE MARTIN AND MARTIN SHORT.  I ADORE MARTIN SHORT.  I FIND LIGHT MURDER MYSTERIES ENTERTAINING AND LOVE TO TRY TO FIGURE OUT THE BAD GUY BEFORE THE END SO I ALSO WATCH SEVERAL OF THE HALLMARK MYSTERY SERIES, EVEN THE RERUNS.  BY LIGHT, I MEAN NO TERRIBLE VIOLENCE AS FOUND IN REAL-LIFE CRIMES NOR BLOOD AND GORE AND USUALLY THE VICTIM IS A BAD GUY SO ITS ALL GOOD.

THAT'S IT LADIES.  MY LIFE IN A THIMBLE.  QUIET, DULL, AND JUST RIGHT FOR ME.  I AM CHARGING MY PHONE JUST IN CASE.  HUGS, QB S 
EDITED TO CORRECT JERRY'S LAST NAME.  

Last edited by quiltbea (1/16/2024 5:12 pm)

1/16/2024 10:49 am  #16

Good Morning, I just love reading what everyone is doing, even though I'm doing nothing!!!  It is a beautiful day, 22*, very still outside, they're saying we'll get 2" of snow later today.  Oh, well, I'm staying inside anyway!  Have no plans for the day, Sharon is coming in about 20 minutes, so we'll have things clean again.

Looks like the neighbors are having problems, there's a repair truck parked outside this morning.  That's a shame, when it's so cold.  They must have gotten there early, as it's only 8:42 right now.  Well, I don't have anything important to say, so will just sign off, wishing you all well.  Wow! the girl just came to pick up Elly for grooming, Love It!!

She'll bring her back when she's done, so that's a wonderful thing!  I forgot to give her the check, but I'll give it to her when she returns.

Well, I'll sign off now, wishing you all well, BJ.

1/16/2024 11:28 am  #17

Good day!

Sandra, I am going to try that meatloaf/potato recipe next week, I think.  We love any sort of casserole.

It is cold but not too crazy cold with just a couple of inches of snow.  Aaron's flight to Chicago was cancelled and he re-scheduled for the evening, but it too was cancelled.  His company boss finally told him to just forget it.  I don't understand why these companies just don't do Zoom meetings these days.

Nothing going on here, so will close.  I just wanted to say hello to you all.

PS:  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LINDA!!!

Last edited by Chlynn1129 (1/16/2024 3:34 pm)

1/16/2024 11:48 am  #18

Happy Birthday Linda!
   Made it home from retreat before the ice and snow.  I probably should have stopped off at the store on the way but at that point they weren’t predicting much of anything.  Now between the  snow and ice and frigid temps it will probably be Thursday or Friday before we attempt the driveway.  🥶🙁
   Retreat was very good, but for the first time in years the food was really awful.  More about that later.

1/16/2024 12:32 pm  #19

Cheryl, isn't that a waste of time to fly him there when he could do it from Zoom? Greg works in the office 3 days a week and 2 days at home. He could do what he does every day from home. 

BJ, how wonderful the groomer comes and picks Elly up. She is a blessing. 

Happy birthday, Linda! Hope you can find a good movie to watch with some hot cocoa and a warm blanket.

The heater is coming today instead of tomorrow. Should be here in the next few minutes. Trish, I can't put it where I wanted to because of drapes and a chair. Greg is coming to put the legs on.

It was 21 when I woke up this morning. I'm not complaining because I dislike the summer heat even worse.

Janet, glad you made it home before the weather gets worse.

Sandra, I have my fingers crossed that your power stays on!

D e v o n n e

1/16/2024 12:42 pm  #20

BRR!  Temp is finally in double digits but wind chill still at -3!  I may not even walk to mailbox today. I’m beginning to get a little cabin fever but have had a couple of phone calls so that helped.

Board footera