OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

1/12/2024 3:33 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY JANUARY 7 ~ SAT JAN 13

JANET Have a great time at retreat. Be careful on the road, and enjoy yourself ((((hugs))))

MARYLOU I am so sorry that Lynn got covid, it's pretty bad here at the moment as well, hope she recovers quickly (((hugs)))

SANDRA that was a fast melt, I'm glad that the cold wasn't too bad with the power loss, it was very lucky. Soup sounds good, your neighbours will love that!

INDY hope you are feeling better, good idea to get some antibiotics as soon as possible, got a giggle about H getting dinner, it would be takeout if it was the Mr here. 

DEVONNE so sorry about your back, have you thought about yoga, my sis took my advice and found an online one - about 15 mins a day - and she says her body is thanking her, she can reach her toes which she hasn't done in a while, plus she is feeling easier in her back. She is loving it. 

HOLLY bonus having enough for lunch, good luck with the steps, how is John doing, is he walking OK now?

I went up the coast today, quick visit with my sis and her grandkids, and dau & hubby  and DDIL - so good see them. I hadn't got the kids their Christmas gifts, so they happily chose some, boys got a Hot Wheels car each ( Ruari wanted the Lamborghini LOL ) and Jack chose a small car, so he got another gift of an animated character, Pop dolls I think they call them, Ruari then wanted something too, and he got putty in colours, he was happy, Bridie got a colouring book, with texts that don't mark fabric (pr people) weird things, they took a second to two to show their colour on the paper - she drew on her arm and nothing!! 

We shopped for a new back pack for Jack for school, Ruari was supposed to go to pre-school. but he heard them say they were meeting me, so he said he wouldn't go to school, he wanted to see SISHA (me) LOL

Bit of a crazy drive home, people are so impatient. Young guy driving a big SUV was ducking in and out of traffic, I figured he would want to take the tunnel that cuts out a lot of highway, and he did, crossed again over 3 lanes to get to the outside  BUT he didn't realise 2 lanes went into the tunnel and  he ended up stuck behind a caravan and I sailed past him LOL left him miles behind in the tunnel -- Sensible often wins over impatience LOL
The drive up was a bit scary as well, massive rainstorm, luckily all drivers slowed quickly and we drove out of it, was really hard to see it was coming down so hard. So I was glad to be home safe.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/12/2024 10:32 am  #42

It's a light rain here in my area. Got the girls outside just before it started! Chicago has a prediction of 10-15" of snow. I just can't imagine that much snow!

Sandra, glad your power wasn't out very long. 

Marylou, I loved Paula Vaughn designs as well.

Holly, it's good the steps can wait! Will be safer for you and Ralph, and I'm glad you're doing a landing.

Judy, doesn't surprise me you didn't know about your neighbor's death, but it is sad the ways things are now. I've been here 3 years and have never spoken to my neighbor across the street in the cul de sac. He's outside frequently washing his car when I'm at the mailbox or taking out the trash. Just crazy, isn't it?

Theresa, glad you could sign digitally and not have to make that trip again. Have you heard anything from your brother since Mom has moved? The best chocolate cake I ever made was from the recipe on the back of the Hersheys cocoa.

Trish, I have DDD (degenerative disc disease), as well as osteoporosis. I would be hesitant to do any type of exercise because of this. My orthopedic told me 2 yrs ago my L4 disc is half gone. 

My Walmart grocery app also lists things I normally buy and asks if I'm forgetting anything. I use the Walmart app as a "shopping list." When I see I need something, I add it to their app for either pickup or delivery.

Tried calling my sister again, no answer. She often goes down to the library. She is now confined to a wheelchair because of the weakness in her legs. Melena said there are a lot of Covid cases at the nursing home. 

Last edited by DownSouth (1/12/2024 10:44 am)

D e v o n n e

1/12/2024 10:44 am  #43

ITS SUNNY AND BRIGHT AND INT HE 40S TODAY.  WILL WARM UP TO THE 50S TOMORROW BUT WITH SOME RAIN SHOWERS COMING IN LATER TONITE.  NOT MUCH, JUST ENOUGH TO MAKE IT A RAINY DAY.
NOTHING SPECIAL PLANNED FOR ME.  JUST TRUDGING THRU THE DAY.
I MADE THE CHICKEN WITH EGG NOODLE AND CREAM SOUP CASSEROLE LAST NITE.  IT WAS A HIT WITH 3 OTHERS HERE.  I HAVE IT ON THE LIST OF FAVORITES NOW.  NOW I HAVE ONE WITH SPAGHETTI SAUCE AND ONE WITH CREAM SOUPS.  BOTH ARE GOOD.

I KNOW I HAVE SOME SEWING TO DO SO MAYBE I WILL GET STARTED WITH MY FISH IN EARMUFFS TODAY.  I;M REALLY NOT SURE YET.'
HAVE A GOOD DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (1/12/2024 10:44 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

1/12/2024 10:54 am  #44

THE CHICKEN WITH EGG NOODLES CASSEROLE.....

ONE LADY WANTED 2NDS FOR LUNCH TODAY SINCE SHE HAD SO GO SUB AT THE SCHOOL SO I GAVE HER MORE.
THIS ONE IS MADE WITH CREAM SOUPS AND A CHEEZ-IT TOPPING. I REALLY LIKE IT.
QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (1/12/2024 10:57 am)

1/12/2024 11:20 am  #45

It’s a balmy 46 here now, but we have a storm coming in tonight. 

We went to the Amish market today. I had used the last of my chicken, so I got 5 lbs of chicken tenders which I’ll divide into 1 lb packages. I got 4 lbs of ground beef, which I’ll brown and freeze. We got chicken salad, cold cuts, and donuts. 

Devonne, we had a bad storm years ago where we got 30+ inches of snow in 24 hours! 

1/12/2024 2:17 pm  #46

Afternoon y'all! 

I don't have an instagram account, so I don't follow anyone.  I didn't need another wormhole in my life.  LOL! 

Pouring rain here, off and on.  I did walk at the park, needed an umbrella for most of the walk.  Cold here too.  The snow flurries are supposed to happen in extreme North Georgia, so the predictors moved the snow line!  No big deal, didn't need the panic of flurries we always get!  

Got my car back yesterday, just in time for this cold miserable weather!  I have heat again!!!! 

I have my repair guy working on the house repairs, and we apparently have termites, so he's doing the bond too!  Hubby and I both wish he was in Atlanta, this guy is great!  

Just made the lemon Bundt cake.  Had a panic, couldn't find my pan, hubby found it hiding in a cabinet I looked in!  

Nothing else exciting in my little corner of the world. 

Later my Friends! 

1/12/2024 7:56 pm  #47

Holly, your dinner was almost the same as ours; meatloaf, mashed potatoes and brussels sprouts.  The meatloaf was one I had baked and frozen a couple of weeks ago.  It did freeze well and tasted fine.  This was the first time I baked it before freezing.

Janet, have a wonderful time at the retreat.

It was 37 degrees today but the cold is supposed to come in for the next few days.  Aaron has to fly out to Chicago on Monday for work and it is supposed to be really cold.  I think  negative 1 degrees.  I guess he will just stay in his hotel room and not explore the city since it is calling for cold those days.  He is to be there Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

I did cross stitch years ago too.  Quilting put it and my crochet on hold.  I was never very good at crocheting, but I did make baby blankets with basic stitches.  Kelli and I tried to learn crochet together, but she was a left handed one and I am a right.  It was kind of funny trying to figure it out together.  My last cross stich was on a black background with white calla lillies.  It was a difficult one.

WOW, Devonne, that was some ship!  Have a great trip.

Sending well wishes to all.

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/13/2024 4:44 pm)

1/13/2024 9:34 am  #48

ITS GOING TO BE A COZY DAY AND QUIET HERE.  NO COOKING PLANNED.  I HAVE LEFTOVER CASSY AND SOME HOT DOGS I WANT TO EAT.  I LIKE THEM GRILLED.
RAIN, RAIN, RAIN. HERE TODAY AND WARM.  HITTING THE LOW 50S AGAIN TODAY.  
THAT'S IT FROM ME LADIES.  A QUIET DAY.  HAVE A GOOD ONE.  HUGS QB S 

1/13/2024 10:25 am  #49

Good Morning to everyone!!   It is cold here this morning, only 14*, Brrr!!  Tracy and Frank are still sleeping, so will just be quiet here for awhile, plan on taking a shower when everyone is up.  Gosh, I really feel the cold, wish it would warm up a bit!!
Have no plans for the day.  Just bumming around I guess.  Wanted to say Hi! to everyone.  So will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

1/13/2024 1:44 pm  #50

Eating lunch with you.  Tomato soup and 1/2 a bologna sandwich. We have about 6 inches of snow on the ground.  Extreme cold supposed to come in tonight with blowing snow, same as Chicago weather.  I've read it's named the windy city for  the yakking politicians of the past, but having been there during the winter, the actual wind could easily be the reason.  Brrrrr!   Hope Aaron's hotel room is toasty.  

I see a junco sitting on top of the electric box trying to reach the seeds of a tall weed by the garage door.  No tracks through the yard, though, which is unusual.  I'm expecting a call from Cousin Judy in S. Carolina rubbing it in!  

My antibiotic has worked.  I finally feel well and pretty normal.  That and plenty of rest seem to have done the trick.  Good thing, too, as we're on for having the small group next Friday.  I've been working on taking down the Christmas stuff, this morning.  My plan to leave it all up won't work, now.  But some of it I leave out every year, but design--the winter stuff--until I can no longer stand it or when it seems like spring is nearer.

It is Bill's 60n birthday, today.  ML feels he always gets gypped because his birthday is right after Christmas, so she has several gifts for this special one.  They will spend it by themselves.  

Devonne, I hope your back feels better.  That picture was worth a thousand words--a very unique ship. 
I can see how it would be hard to turn Greg and Carter down.  The good thing is they are your family and you can be yourself no matter what comes along.  At least that's how I am when I go somewhere with ML.No need to pretend everything's hunky dory if it isn't.  

I'm sort of dull-witted today so am going to say goodbye and close this.  Have a good rest of the day.
Indy 

Last edited by indyanny (1/13/2024 1:48 pm)

1/13/2024 1:48 pm  #51

Temp started out here in the upper 50’s, it’s been dropping, now mid 40’s. I had two goals today. One was to brown and freeze the 4 pounds of ground beef I got yesterday- I had that done by 10 a.m. The other was to change out the Xmas tablecloth to a red plaid one, for V day. That involved Ralph taking all his piles of paper and junk off his side of the table! So that got done also.

Then I fooled around on the computer for a bit, and then took a nap. It’s nice and sunny out, just not warm. Steph is getting snow in Portland. And the whole Midwest looks like a freezer! 

1/13/2024 4:44 pm  #52

INDY  I am glad to hear you are feeling better, wishing Bill a Happy Birthday, I understand about the "close to Christmas" with both boys having birthdays close to the day. Don't wear yourself out preparing for Friday, I've found if the bulk of the clutter is away people don't really see any dirt LOL

SANDRA that casserole looks good, can you share the recipe please, good for taking to the boys, it would fill them up.
I have been searching for nice salad recipes for our family gathering next Sunday, sis and I like to have some nice things to share, my SIL will bring her usual frozen cheesecake. One of my nieces is following our tradition, she has a nice salad she posted about. We haven't heard from the other 3 nieces, so who knows. Sis-IL did comment that she wasn't eating meat so would bring a substitute. We asked that everyone bring meat or something to BBQ and let us know what other things they bring to share. My Sis-IL is very big, maybe she is on another diet, when really she just needs to stop drinking. 

DEVONNE that is a great pic of the ship, it's just too big for me, I like the smaller ones. I know there are many places to go, but it seems like it would be crowded, and I like walking up the stairs when I can, and I couldn't do that many floors, we booked Deck 6 on Queen Elizabeth, it's dining rooms on Deck 3 and buffet on Deck 9, so an easy walk to either. 

CHERYL I hope he stays warm in that cold, I just can't fathom it, my brain won't go past -5C - I saw where there is a cold warning in Canada for below -30 YIKES ! 
THERESA it isn't getting easier is it ((((hugs)))) at least the last of it is in progress, slow though it maybe. Hoping you have good news this week, and you can finally relax!

HOLLY there weather seems to be bad everywhere at the moment. Our north is getting terrible rain, so is the south, the weather bureau predicted a dry very hot summer, so a lot of stock was sold off cheap as the farmers wouldn't be able to feed them, and now they are furious. 

Today we are expecting a lot of rain here as well, the Mr and Pete are out doing the lawns before it hits.
I have been doing a jigsaw AND my temperature quilt. It's a quick sew, only 1 1/2" squares so they go together fast.

I need to get vegetables and fruit, I got a big shop done, but we are now out of them. I still haven't found my cross stitch book LOL It's a sign !!

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/13/2024 4:47 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/13/2024 4:48 pm  #53

I don't have much to report form freezing southern Illinois.  The wind chill is predicted to be between -10 and -20 tomorrow morning.  I will NOT be going to church!  Thankfully, I  will be able to watch services online.  I think we had a few flurries overnight because there was just a little bit of snow in a few spots.  We might get an inch or two tomorrow night but the main problem will be the cold temps.  I rescheduled a dentist appointment so I won't have to get out on Monday.  My quilt guild meeting for Tuesday has been cancelled. 
I'm making some turkey soup this evening and have chili planned for tomorrow.  There will be leftovers of both to have the next few days.  That means I will have lots of time to do my Christmas shopping!  LOL.  I'll be celebrating with David's family in late February.  Most of them have updated their Amazon lists so now I can shop from home where it is nice and cozy warm.

Last edited by tricia-anne (1/13/2024 10:56 pm)

1/13/2024 7:13 pm  #54

[size=125]Trish, sadly the smaller ships will be a thing of the past. The first ship I went on was the Fantasy and it has been scrapped. I'm glad my cruising days were mainly when we had the smaller ships.

Theresa, the lemon bundt cake sounds delicious. I wonder if you could make that using Monkfruit, lol. 

The quilt is finished for Caleb & Sadie Grace and Gary took it home with him. It measures 57x68. Hope to finish Carter's quilt tomorrow. 

Judy, my back is much better, thanks. I had to look up "junco." What a cute little bird! Reminds me of a chickadee, my favorite. Is there a possiblity your Friday group might get canceled because of weather? Happy #60 to Bill!

Logan came by and got his Christmas presents today. I don't see him very often. He stayed and had dinner with me and Gary. 

The chenille bias binding turned out great. I'm doing a regular binding for Carter's quilt.

Trish, how about a cheese tray with crackers and grapes?[/size]

Last edited by DownSouth (1/13/2024 7:41 pm)

D e v o n n e

Board footera