OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

1/09/2024 6:46 pm  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY JANUARY 7 ~ SAT JAN 13

Quick stop.

We're fine.  We had some small hail, but most of the damage was east of us.  My back and hip really hurt, so I'm not sitting long at my desk.

Trish, I'm uploading two photos of my current cross-stitch project.  Y'all don't laugh at the back.  It's the biggest mess I've ever made.  129 colors of floss; I have no idea why I thought I needed to do this.  Anyway, the first is the cross-stitch itself.  The second is the chart that shows how I use colored markers to mark my spots.  I like Holly's computer program, but from what I can see, it only supports a few charts.  If I could upload my own chart, that would be better.  If I'm wrong, please tell me. 

Last edited by Needlecrazy (1/09/2024 6:48 pm)

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

1/09/2024 8:56 pm  #22

DEVONNE I received a beautiful card from you today THANK YOU 💕

CAROL that is very pretty, don’t worry about the back LOL Only you know it’s there. That is a lot of colours. I think  I might start smaller😄

I have a cross stitch book, so patterns would have to be made/drawn up? I will do more research.
I think I still have a couple of tapestrys, I gave away all the threads. So more to buy I guess.

Picked up my groceries, annoying that there is someone always parked in one of bays for pick up, while they do their shopping. They have so many spaces to choose from 🤬🤬🤬 they are so entitled.

I will go hunt for my tapestry and patterns 🤣🤣 send out a search party for me if I get lost in there 🤣🤣

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/09/2024 9:00 pm  #23

Carol, that’s how I used to do it! Pattern keeper is supported by some of the big companies, Artecy, Charting Creations, I think Heaven on Earth. You can get a free trial for a month, and the app is under $10. There is a way to scan in charts, but I don’t feel techie enough for that. If you do facebook, PK has a page. Maybe a website also? It’s worth a look. 

It’s been raining for hours, and awful winds. A good bit of my town has lost power. Ours blinked, but came right back on, knock wood. Heather is very rural, with a long driveway thru the woods, and a tree got knocked down and took out her power. They have 3 (!) generators, and Ed is hooking one up now. 

I saw on my weather app that central FL where my brother is is under a tornado watch! Yikes! The entire country is having weather issues! 

1/10/2024 8:38 am  #24

The rain stopped, lots of places with still no power. Today will be windy. 
Ralph is at the foot doc. I had another quarter of the breakfast sandwich from Sunday. 

1/10/2024 9:41 am  #25

WOW, THE WIND SURE WAS HOWLING THRU OUR AREA LAST NITE.  OUR POWER BLINKED AT 10 PM AND THEN AT 10.20 IT WENT OUT ENTIRELY BUT ONLY FOR A BIT MORE THAN 2 HRS.  NO FOOD LOSSES, THANK GOODNESS AND SINCE IT WAS BITTER COLD, THE HEAT WAS NOT OFF FOR LONG.
I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE GARAGE SALE MYSTERIES STARRING LORI LOUGHLIN ON HALLMARK MOVIE AND MYSTERY CHANNEL.  THEY ARE SHOWING 3 MOVIES EVERY NITE LATELY.  I NEVER HAD WATCHED THEM BEFORE SINCE I BOYCOTTED HER SHOWS WHEN SHE WAS CAUGHT PAYING OFF COLLEGE PROFESSORS TO GIVE HER KIDS GOOD GRADES.  ANYWAY, THEY ARE GOOD.  I REALLY LIKE THEM AND THEY ALWAYS HAVE A SIDE STORY OKR TWO RUNNING SO ITS NEVER DULL.
I ALSO WATCH THE DOG AGILITY SHOWS.  I LOVE WATCHING THEM GO THRU THE CIRCUIT.  SOME ARE AMAZING.  
LAST NITE I MADE MY PIZZA AND SHARED WITH 3 OTHERS.  I STILL HAD A COUPLE PIECES LEFT SO HAD 2/3 OF ONE FOR BREAKFAST.  I KNOW ITS NOT GOOD FOR LOSING POUNDS, BUT I HATE WASTING FOOD, ESPECIALLY WHEN I LIKE IT.
I CUT MY HAIR THIS MORNING.  IT WAS GETTING SHAGGY AND I DO NOT GO TO BEAUTY PARLORS ANYMORE AND HAVEN'T FOR YEARS.  I EVEN USED TO CUT MY HUBBY'S HAIR.  HE LIKED MY WORK BETTER THAN A BARBER.
ITS SUNNY NOW AND 52* SO VERY NICE OUT.  THE SNOW IS MELTING AWAY RIGHT NOW.

CAROL.....LOVE THE X-STITCH.  NO ONE NEEDS TO SEE THE BACK SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.  I HAVE NOT DONE ONE IN AGES.  THE ONLY ONE I FINISHED I FRAMED AND IT HANGS ON THE WALL IN MY BEDROOM/STUDIO. 

TODAY I PLAN TO MAKE SOME CHICKEN WITH EGG NOODLES CASSEROLE AND WILL SHARE WITH MY FRIENDS HERE.  I ALWAYS MAKE A 9 BY 13 DISH OF IT.  I HAVE TO START CUTTING BACK AND MAKING A SMALL 8 BY 8 FOR MYSELF WITH LEFTOVERS, BUT CAN'T SEEM TO DO IT.  I COULD SAVE SOME MONEY ON MY GROCERY ORDER. 
TONITE IS BINGO.  I HOPE I CAN WIN A BIT BUT EVEN IF I DON'T I SHARE SOME GOOD TIME WITH NEIGHBORS.

THOSE OF YOU THAT WERE IN THE FRONT OF THIS LATEST STORM, I HOPE YOU ARE MANAGING ALRIGHT.  ITS A COLD SEASON FOR POWER OUTAGES IF THEY LAST ANY LENGTH OF TIME.

HUGS FOR ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (1/10/2024 9:52 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

1/10/2024 9:56 am  #26

THE DAM OUTSIDE MY WINDOW.

I HAD TO TAKE THIS SHOT.  THE SUNLIGHT ON THE WATER IS SO PRETTY, I THINK.  THE SNOW IS MELTING QUITE QUICKLY UNDER THE 52*f TEMPS.
QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (1/10/2024 9:57 am)

1/10/2024 10:34 am  #27

I JUST FOUND THE NOTE ON WHICH I LISTED A COUPLE OF THINGS TO REMEMBER.

HOLLY.......YES, YOUR RALPH SURE IS A KEEPER.  THAT'S THE KIND OF HUSBAND THAT MAKES LIFE EASIER FOR HIS WIFE.  GIVE HIM AN EXTRA HUG NOW AND THEN.

TRISH.......WHEN I ORDER MY GROCERIES ONLINE, MY SITE WILL PROMPT ME TO CHECK TO SEE IF I FORGOT ANYTHING AND LISTS PHOTOS OF ITEMS I HAVE BOUGHT IN THE PAST THAT I MAY NEED AGAIN.  ITS BEEN HELPFUL SO I LIKE CHECKING THEIR LIST.

IT PAYS TO JOT THINGS DOWN BECAUSE THOUGHTS ARE SO EASILY FLYING OUT OF MY HEAD.
HUGS EVERYONE.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (1/10/2024 10:35 am)

1/10/2024 10:52 am  #28

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope you are all doing well.  It is very still outside this morning, even up high, there is no movement.  Has been raining overnight, but not this morning.  I have no plans for the day, so will just sit in my chair, like a lazy person!!!

I really don't have anything to say this morning, just sitting here, drinking my coffee and munching on my breakfast balls, so good!!  So think I will sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, Love, BJ.

1/10/2024 2:57 pm  #29

We're wintry here, too, with more coming this weekend and below zero temps.  We were spoiled too long thru Nov. and Dec.  We're planning to stay in for the next few days and ML/Bill have canceled their plans to spend the weekend with Andrew for Bill's 60th birthday.  Maybe the next weekend...

I went to Urgent Care yesterday not because I was urgently ill, but because my doc is not in on Tues.  After several  days of feeling better then worse, I knew I had a sinus infection and knew I needed an antibiotic.  Don't feel much better yet, but hoping...

You all are making me want to haul out my partially-completed cross stitch. I gave my thread away years ago, too, Trish, and then got it back--from ML. She never really got started, again, either  I'm going to resist that urge, though.  Really have other handwork I'd rather do.  In fact, too many of those ideas.  I can blame Instagram for that.  So many lovely things being made there by talented and productive people.  

QB, I imagine it would be hard to pull back and not share with your neighbors at this point.  Maybe a bit awkward, too.  Your pics are lovely and I'm so glad you have this beautiful view during all seasons.  Like living next to a park.  Even though I grumble about the guy behind us cutting and burning every day, he does keep his property like a park...that adjoins ours.  And since I found out his wife died suddenly two years ago of an aneurysm  I'm much more tolerant of his zealousness.  Poor fellow...  (I know, how could we not know this for two years?   Because sadly, no one "neighbors" around here anymore.)

Linda, glad your back with us.  Being laid up, one way or another, that long is so discouraging.  Hope you are past that now.  
 Supper is oven heated store-fried chicken we bought on Monday when we made a quick grocery run.  I figured, together we could manage that.  Howard does okay, but he's so unsure of himself, alone.  We also ordered a pizza at our favorite place, picked it up to eat at home for an early supper that day. 

Have a good evening and sweet dreams.
Indy  

Last edited by indyanny (1/10/2024 3:04 pm)

1/10/2024 3:27 pm  #30

Judy, who do you follow on instagram for projects? I’m a casual instagram user so I don’t follow a lot of people. 

1/10/2024 3:44 pm  #31

Afternoon y'all! 

QB we survived the 3+ inches of rain and wind yesterday!  There was snow very north of us in the mountains!  Nothing but cold rain here! 

Carol, my first cross-stitch was a gray bunny on a bib for my Niece, I didn't know there was that many shades of gray!  The second was a Jacobian design bell pull for my DSis.  8-10 colors in a one inch section, enough to make your head spin.  Got it done and gave it to her years ago.  Took a while.  Your back looks good in my book! 

I had to come and do more signing of paperwork to sell this house!  I can't wait till it's done and behind me!  The lake is up in the air, DHEC needs to get it's act in gear and do this perc test for the septic tank!  Then we can move on closing!  I do need to follow up with that realtor for this!   Funny, I sent a quick text, she called and had just sent an email!  They are delaying closing again!  Not fun!  

Just did more paperwork for the lake lot!  I do like the digital signing! 

Supper is jiffy(cube) steak, pork with some leftover sides.  Sides should be gone after tonight's meal!  Which means I have to cook!  Good thing I like to cook!  I picked a lemon yesterday and made lemon bars!  They are yummy!  I have a lemon Bundt cake lined up next!  Then a chocolate cake, followed by a lemon pie!  I just need meal ideas to have for suppers.  The boys are no help really.  Their response is "food", a good start but isn't getting us to a supper we want!  

We are supposed to get rain starting Friday, possible snow flurries, that can change in the next few minutes.  I really should have gone into meteorology I can be very wrong and keep my job!  

Nothing else really exciting in my little corner of the world! 

Later my Friends! 

1/10/2024 4:03 pm  #32

Holly, I'm an Instagram lurker--only read, never reply or post anything of my own.    I follow Katey Deasy, Mandy Patullo,  Gentle Work (Christine Kelly), and I'm often led to others whose Insta. names intrigue me  by clicking on one of their repliers. I especially like the British, Scottish, Australian needleworkers and can spend/waste a lot of time checking them out. It's a bit like going down a rabbit hole from one to another to another. 

In doing that, I actually have never followed anyone for a specific project, only looked at what they make or do.  Likewise, many times I wonder about them, Why would you spend your time doing that?  But at least they're doing something, not just talking about it, like I do.  

Last edited by indyanny (1/10/2024 4:08 pm)

1/10/2024 7:01 pm  #33

Thanks, Judy, I looked them up and will follow them. I check instagram maybe once a week. 

My meatloaf got delayed, the meat was still frozen. So he decided on frozen pizza, which was fine. 

Yikes, the TV was talking about the Iowa forecast, a high of -3 one day! Ben’s parents are in Nebraska, so it’s probably about the same there! 

1/10/2024 7:59 pm  #34

Our cruise ship arrived in Port Miami at 7 a.m. this morning and made history. It took 7 years to build it in Finland. This may be my last cruise, so I'm glad we're going on this one. The first passenger cruise isn't until January 27th. They will take the ship out for special guests, staff, travel agents, etc. 

Gary came over and spent the day with me yesterday. We went to Chilis for lunch. He is at 90% completion with his SS disability status.

The first XS I did was a single pink rose. It hung in my dining room for years.

Diana, I hope your ear cellulitis is gone. 

Trish, merry Christmas in January, lol! 

I have been reading about Storm Gerri. It sounds like the worse one, but who knows?

Last edited by DownSouth (1/10/2024 8:10 pm)

D e v o n n e

1/11/2024 6:03 am  #35

I’ll be heading out for retreat this morning.  Really looking forward to it.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate this year. The car is packed.  I will stop off at the bagel shop for breakfast.  I’ll check in with you all tonight.

1/11/2024 9:26 am  #36

Devonne, I just saw that cruise ship on The Today Show. It is at least as big as my hometown!

I used to do some cross stitch, before I got addicted to quilting. My favorite designer was Paula Vaughn.

It is sunny here today with an expected high of 50. Frigid temps are on the way, with single digit highs predicted for Sunday-Tuesday, possibly a few inches of snow. There isn’t much I really need right now but will make a Walmart run this afternoon so I won’t have to go in the cold.

Lynn started feeling bad Tuesday morning, by yesterday she was coughing, her head was congested and she had a temperature of 101. None of the symptoms were horrible but she isn’t completely recovered from all her body has been through with chemo and surgery so she needs to be cautious.  Doctor recommended Covid test, which was positive. She is now taking Paxlovid and already improving.

1/11/2024 11:05 am  #37

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is a beautiful day here, sun is shining and the trees are so still, love it!!  It is 36*!  So pretty cold.  Fortunately, I am inside today and have a long-sleeved sweater on.  It is Thursday, so maybe Rhonda will be over, not sure.

I have no plans for the day, so will just play on computer for awhile, then watch TV the rest of the day, no plans, no ambition!!

Don't have anything else to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well on this beautiful day, BJ.

1/11/2024 12:37 pm  #38

I'M A LITTLE LATER THAN USUAL TODAY.  DOING THINGS.  ALSO, I GOT UP LATE.  WENT TO BED VERY LATE AND WOKE AT 7 THEN IT TOOK OVER AN HOUR TO GET BACK TO SLEEP.  ALL IN ALL I ONLY GOT A BIT OVER 5 HOURS SLEEP.  IT WORKS FOR ME MOST DAYS.
I DID NOT MAKE MY CASSEROLE LAST NITE.  I HAD TOO MANY LEFTOVERS TO FINISH SO THE COOKING WILL HAPPEN TODAY.
LAST NITE I LOST TWO FIFTY AT BINGO.  ITS NOT A GREAT LOSS SO I WON'T COMPLAIN.

JUDY......I AM GLAD YOU GOT TO URGENT CARE FOR YOU NEEDED ANTIBIOTICS.  SOMETIMES YOU JUST CANNOT GET INTO YOUR REGULAR DOCTOR.

THERESA.....I HOPE YOUR PROPERTY SELLS SOON.  YOU ARE DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT.

MARYLOU....SORRY TO HEAR LYNN CAUGHT COVID BUT GLAD THE MEDS SHE'S BEEN GIVEN ARE WORKING WELL FOR HER.  THUMBS UP.

DEVONNE.....WOW WHAT A HUGE SHIP.  THE STYLE IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS SO IT WILL BE NOTICABLE, THAT'S FOR SURE. 

THE WEATHER WAS SO WARM THE 14 INCHES OF SNOW IS ABOUT GONE FROM THE LAWNS.  THEY ARE ALL SHOWING MOSTLY GREEN.  COLD TODAY BUT IN THE 50S AGAIN IN A FEW MORE DAYS.  STRANGE.
THAT'S IT LADIES.  NOTHING ELSE NEW.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (1/11/2024 12:42 pm)

1/11/2024 6:40 pm  #39

Marylou, so sorry Lynn has Covid, on top of recovering from surgery. 

Today was a painful back day for me...the worse in years. Tylenol helps a lot, but I wish it lasted longer. I haven't done much, some machine quilting on Caleb's quilt. I thought it was finished, but saw it needed more quilting.

We're under a wind advisory. 

D e v o n n e

1/11/2024 7:08 pm  #40

Contractor got tied up today, will start steps Monday. 
Mary Lou, I hope Lynn is feeling better!
Janet, I hope your retreat is going great!
Dinner was meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and broccoli. Enough meatloaf left for his lunch tomorrow. 

Board footera