OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/31/2023 12:50 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY JANUARY 7 ~ SAT JAN 13

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/07/2024 2:56 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY JANUARY 7 ~ SAT JAN 13

Another week gone by!!

I have been busy today, went  early and got the stick blender, it came with the whisk and a chopping bowl. So hope it's as good as my old one! I also tossed out the boxes from the shoes I bought and the blowdryer and shampoo. So now the recycle bin is getting full LOL

I also got a folder and labels, and put all my pieces and patten for the Temp quilt, now that's organised, still have to store the fabric, but this will take all the strips as I cut them, and then subcut.

Tonight I made the cherry dessert John likes, we had our serves and I just got back from dropping the rest to them, the MR isn't happy, he likes it LOL

JANET sometimes I think they are just that 'guessers' at least ours are, they get it so wrong sometimes, and now they have been sending out advisories for bad weather, then cancelling them when it turns out to be good weather, they were in trouble a few years ago for not giving warning about a severe front that did millions $$$ damage. So now they warn about everything LOL

SANDRA sounds good - the soup - and the tater casserole. I don't particularly care for them, but I know they are popular in the US there are so many recipes for them. Using the potato sounds a better option for me, but I would like to use sweet potato! I am not a big potato fan LOL 
We had ham/spinach/cheese pasta, it was good, and plenty of leftovers.

INDY hope you are feeling much better, rest is the key to recovery, so just rest. 

DEVONNE you've done so well with your quilting, I have no idea on the chenille. I haven't seen it used, I did one of those rags things years ago, where you sew 4 layers about 1/2" apart, then slit down them to cut through all but the bottom layer, It was so much sewing, and I didn't enjoy it.

I did our load of 'clothes' - all our outer clothes - and it's windy now and still warm outside, so they will dry quickly, my yoga pants and shirt will be dry already, and his bowls shirts. 

We saw his sis today, she is looking OK, her legs are so swollen, and she has a trolley in her room for bandages/dressing and their PPE . She seems happy enough though. She kept telling us about her seeing the family for Christmas. She loves the cat they have and has it sit all day on her lap.

I need to get the kitchen cleaned up, at least the dish with the cherry dessert is with them, so they get to soak and clean it.

They also told me they have ordered a new car, a Nissan something, 8 seater, and it will tow the caravan easily, so it's big. Now the decision on which of the cars to sell, they have a Toyota Fortuna (hers) and the Toyota HiLux, it has been fitted out with the covered back over the tray. It is still worth a lot, so they may decide to keep it. They don't need the money to pay for the new one, he has to do it for tax reasons, he should have bought 2 years ago, but getting a car was a problem, we seem to have less trouble getting them in now though.

See you later, stay safe, hope you don't get the snow storms predicted!

Hope STRINGS is OK, and feeling better too ((((hugs))))

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/07/2024 9:33 am  #3

ITS SNOWING HERE AND I WILL BE QUICK SINCE I NEVER KNOW WHEN THE POWER TO DROP OUT.  IT LOOKS LIKE ABOUT 4 INCHES RIGHT NOW.

HAS ANYONE WATCHED THE SPORT, TEQBALL?  i SAW IT LISTED ON THE TV SO I CHECKED INTO IT.  ITS PLAYED WITH 2 PLAYERS EACH SIDE OF A TABLE LIKE A PING PONG TABLE ON THE BEACH.  THEY BOUNCE THE BALL BACK AND FORTH USING ANYTHING BUT THEIR HANDS.  I FORESEE PROBLEMS IN THEIR FUTURES SINCE THEY USE THEIR HEADS A LOT BOUNCING THAT BALL BACK AND FORTH AND FOR SERVING. ITS NOT MY CUP OF TEA SO I CHECKED OUT.
I SEE WHERE OUR ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL IS STARTING ITS NEW SERIES TONITE ON PBS.  I WILL BE WATCHING.  LOVE THAT SHOW.  I GUESS THE NEW SERIES WILL BE STARTING FOR SEVERAL OF THE SHOWS NOW.

I AM NOT GOING TO COOK TODAY JUST IN CASE OF POWER LOSS.  I HAVE LEFTOVER SOUP AND TATER TOTS SO I AM OK WITH THAT.  MY PHONE IS BEING RECHARGED EVEN NOW AND I HAVE BATTERY LANTERNS ALL READY FOR USE.
HAVE A GOOD DAY LADIES.  I WISH YOU SAFETY THRU THIS STORM WHEREVER YOU MAY BE.
HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (1/07/2024 9:37 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

1/07/2024 10:57 am  #4

It rained all night but is just cloudy now. We went to Cinder Bar for brunch, since F and C have other lunch plans. Now we’re in for the day! Dinner is in the crockpot.
I did a blog post with a xs project update.

1/07/2024 11:55 am  #5

This year is starting out super productive! I'm finished with Caleb's quilt except for the quilt label. Doing two labels now. I'll start on Carter's quilt after I clean the kitchen.

Trish, I hope the next QAYG project, I will learn what size to cut the batting. This caused me a lot of extra work. I don't know what I was thinking, as I couldn't do the embroidery quilting while they were single rows. You have to leave both ends open so you can connect the next row! I'm slowly learning. 

We now know our room number on the Royal Caribbean Icon of the Seas. It looks like we're on Deck 7 unless it gets changed. That is a huge ship! I will be taking a walking cane and not doing the stairs. It hasn't made it to Miami yet for the first cruise. It's docked in Puerto Rico now. 

Holly, I love how you are keeping up with how many stitches you do. I have a journal started for 2024. I'm keeping up with everything I do this year. 

Trish, I haven't heard of those Toyotas, but then again, I haven't looked since 2009, lol! 

The 3.2% SS increase brought along an increase in my water bill & my supplemental plan went up $11 a mo, lol. It will be helpful though. Greg said I can afford a car payment on my income, but it makes me anxious. Along with a newer car comes higher insurance premium. 

Greg has asked me if I want to go to Tucson with them in July. I can't save money that way, but it sure is tempting. I really hate airports.

I have pork chops in the crockpot for dinner. I have a grocery order coming in an hour from Walmart.

Last edited by DownSouth (1/07/2024 12:03 pm)

D e v o n n e

1/07/2024 1:26 pm  #6

Devonne, Tucson in July will be so hot! I had to change planes in Phoenix one flight, and you could feel it when getting off the plane! The pattern keeper app keeps track of the stitches per day and the total. I write the number in my planner to keep track of the weekly numbers. I have another notebook and Goodreads to keep track of my reading, and I save yarn wrappers to come up with the yearly total of yarn. 

1/07/2024 2:35 pm  #7

ITS STILL SNOWING.  I HAVE SOME PIX FOR YOU.....
OUR PARKING LOT A FEW MINUTES AGO.  ITS BEEN PLOWED ONCE.

I'M SURE WE EXCEEDED THE 5 INCHES IN THE LOCAL FORECAST.

THE BRIDGE OVER OUR RIVER.  AND LIGHTS IN THE WINDOWS IN THE NEXT TOWN.  WE, TOO, STILL HAVE OUR POWER.

ONE OF OUR BIRCH TREES OUT BACK. WITH THE WIND BLOWING AND THE SNOW VERY LIGHT AND TINY, I THINK ITS A GOOD STORM.

NOT MUCH SNOW STAYING ON THE TREES,THANK GOODNESS.  LESS CHANCE OF FALLING LIMBS THIS STORM.   THIS IS OUR SUGAR MAPLE OUT BACK.

THE RIVER IS THE DARK PATCH BEYOND OUR BACK YARD, NEAR THE BRIDGE.  ITS STILL SNOWING.  I'M TOASTY WARM IN MY APT.
QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (1/07/2024 2:44 pm)

1/07/2024 11:31 pm  #8

January 7, 2024. 9pm

Prayers and hugs everyone..

Hope and pray you have all had a good day..

Sorry I  have several weeks of catching up to do..

Not much Christmas here, no decorations  and only presents for  dgs Noah  (2 1/2)..

No one was in much mood for  celebration..

December 26th I  was taken to urgent care for badly swollen right ear, they sent me to  ER, where I was admitted..  they said ear cellulitis,  exterior ear, couldn't touch without severe pain..  I was released on 31st..  I  also had  rsv infection.. so I was on 2 antibiotics  and a steroid..  yesterday and today I  am slowly feeling better..  but still  have a cough  with some congestion.. 

We also got a puppy- Burmese mountain dog / poodle / German Shepard mix..   he will  be a nice size  dog..  we are hoping to have him as ESA / service dog in training  at home..I  named him Taz,  Elmer would have like him and his name..  currently with my health and trouble walking,  others are having to take him out often for potty runs,  but still some indoor accidents..  it will  nice when. I can help more..

So that is what has been happening out way..  of course cold weather,  but no snow  here so far..

I will be  reading  and catching up, hopefully this week..

Prayers and hugs everyone..

Later..

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

1/07/2024 11:32 pm  #9

WOW!!! SANDRA they are beautiful pics, thank you, I love seeing how beautiful the snow is on the bare trees. Something I never see here, today we are having rain showers (humidity  YUK ) and it's still quite warm, temps for today are LOW 19C and HIGH 26C - safe to say that will be the highest, it's after 4pm, so won't get hotter, only more humid!

I will keep an eye out for those shows, but so far they don't screen here. Particularly wanted to see Mr & Mrs Murder, I can watch All Creatures on Britbox. 

HOLLY you do such a lot of work with cross stitch and crochet, do you find the cross stitch hard on the eyes? I have some I can do, if I can get organised and find it I would take it away. I usually take my Lucy Boston on holidays, and I can take the joining pieces on long plane trips, it's all the same, just lozenges sewn together with 1" squares at the end. So easy to pack, no thread changes and  all the prep done beforehand.

DEVONNE I don't know why you are keeping the ends free??? I did all the blocks in rows across, right to the end, then joined the rows, just had to make sure the "joins" matched up at the intersections. Have a look at the pattern I sent you and visualise it much larger. I used a smaller strip at the front, and bigger at the back, made it easier to turn under, AND you can use that 1/4" sticky stuff - or glue - to turn the seam allowance at the back and machine stitch. I did a big one with machine stitch, I think Pete still has it. 

BJ hope you are feeling better, are your hands OK, are you still having protein balls for a snack. I think of you every time I make mine.

I was thinking DEVONNE that Tucson would be very hot in July. I know we will be hot in the UK, but should be cooler in Ireland and Scotland. 

Did my yoga this afternoon, I had washed the sheets, so used part solar power to dry them, the rain started before yoga, and they would be still damp, floors done, bathrooms cleaned, and furniture dusted.

We have Salmon Wellington for dinner. Apparently the boys demolished the cherry dessert LOL 
Megan said the dish was cleaned out completely. 

I wanted to take the tree down tomorrow, but the MR is being picked up for bowls, and his car will remain in the garage, so it will wait as  I have to get to the shelving behind his car.

Hope the storm doesn't affect any of you and you all stay safe 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

1/08/2024 10:06 am  #10

TRISH........I DID NOT KNOW THAT BRITBOX SHOWED THE LATEST PROGRAMS IN A SERIES.  IT DIDN'T WHEN I HAD IT SOME YEARS BACK.  THE ONES MADE IN 2022 WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE RIGHT AWAY.  I AM GLAD IF THEY ARE NOW UPGRADED.

SAN......GOOD TO SEE YOU POSTING.  I AM SURE IT WAS NOT A HAPPY SEASON FOR ANY OF YOU THIS YEAR.  MAYBE NEXT WILL FEEL BETTER.
HOW NICE YOU GOT A NEW PUPPY.  WITH THOSE GENES I THINK TAZ WILL BE A LARGE ONE WHEN GROWN, BUT A NICE ONE.  HE WILL KEEP YOU BUSY FOR A FEW MONTHS WHILE HE GROWS INTO HIS BONES.
I AM GLAD YOU GOT THE MEDS YOU NEEDED FOR YOUR EAR TROUBLE AND ARE NOW HOME.  HUGS FOR YOU GIRL.

LINDA.....I HOPE YOU ARE DOING BETTER AND THAT YOU GOT SOME REST AFTER VISITING FAMILY LEFT.  ITS ALWAYS NICE TO SEE THEM BUT OH, SO GOOD, TO REST WHEN THEY ARE GONE.  

DEVONNE.........YOU SURE HAD A TOUGH TIME WITH YOUR QAYG THIS TIME.  I HOPE YOU FIND EASIER WAYS NEXT TIME.  IS THE QUILT FINALLY FINISHED?  HOW DID IT COME OUT OF THE DRYER?

I TOOK OUT A FEW DIFFERENT THINGS FROM THE FREEZER SO I HAVE CHOICES ON WHAT TO COOK THE NEXT FEW DAYS.  ITS DEFROSTING NOW.  BUT TODAY I THINK I WILL FINISH UP MY LEFTOVERS AND MAKE A NICE FAT ITALIAN SANDWICH FOR MYSELF LATER.  I MAKE THEM ALL THE TIME FOR MY SON BUT RARELY HAVE ONE MYSELF.  ITS TIME.  AND YES, BOTH MY SON AND MY NEIGHBOR TEXTED ME THAT THEY ENJOYED THE HAMBURGER SOUP.  
WITH THE SUN SHINING IT FEELS LIKE A GOOD DAY.  RAIN IS COMING IN BY WEDNESDAY BUT THAT'S A LOT BETTER THAN SNOW.

WE GOT 14 INCHES OF THE WHITE STUFF IN THE END BUT HAPPILY NO POWER OUTAGES HERE OR NEARBY.  I DO NOT KNOW ABOUT FURTHER NORTH WHERE THEY GET MORE SNOW THAT US.  I HOPE NOT.
THE FOLKS LIVING HERE HAD TO JOCKEY THEIR CARS TO THE PLOWED SIDE OF THE PARKING LOT THIS MORNING.  LOTS OF SNOW TO CLEAR OFF THE CARS BEFORE THEY COULD MOVE THEM.  BUT NOW THE LOT IS PLOWED AND IT ALL LOOKS GOOD. EVERYONE HELPS EACH OTHER OUT WHICH IS A GOOD THING.

THAT'S IT FROM ME LADIES.  I HOPE YOU ALL FARED WELL THRU THIS STORM AND ARE NOW HAVING GOOD DAYS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (1/08/2024 10:13 am)

1/08/2024 11:09 am  #11

Good Morning, I was sure Gloria was coming this morning, but no show!  Will call her later to see what's going on.  It is pouring down rain.  What a day!!  It is 36*.

I have no plans for the day, don't have any breakfast balls, so don't know what I'll do for breakfast.  Am certainly hungry, but sipping on coffee right now.  That'll do me for a bit!!

Well, I really don't have anything to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well.  Have a wonderful day, Love, BJ.

1/08/2024 12:10 pm  #12

Wow, Sandra, the snow looks beautiful!
Ralph needed a few things from Tractor Supply, so I drove him, then we went up the road to IHOP for brunch, then to the library, my card needed to be renewed. 

Trish, with my bifocals and an Ott light, I’m fine doing xs of 18 count and bigger.

It’s sunny and 40’s today, rain the next couple of days. Dinner will be leftovers from last night, so no prep needed. 

Devonne, I get quilt pattern cards every month from Villa Rosa Quilts in CA. They mailed the December cards the second week of December. They came today! I think they were hiding out with your Xmas cards! 

1/08/2024 2:06 pm  #13

I got a late start in the sewing room today...watching some crime YT videos, which I enjoy. I also watch pet rescue shows. It's so sad, but there's normally a good outcome and it's amazing they can save most of their lives. Many times it takes months for an animal to recover. It's not only dogs, they rescue cats as well. At first I was shocked at how cruel people are to animals. No dog should ever have a chain around it's neck. I think of the positive outcome while watching these videos.

Holly, your brunches/lunches with Ralph makes me miss Billy so much. Gary invited me to mexican today, but I had already had lunch.

Sandra, it turned out great after washing it and drying it. I'm not using the chenille binding on Carter's quilt, as I don't have anymore. Pics soon!

Trish, I think we are doing different methods of QAYG. I'm not using sashing/strips to join the blocks. I think I saw on YT there are 10 or 11 different ways to do this method. I'll post some pictures later so you can understand what I mean about leaving the edges "free" so you can sew the seams together. This is the method I watched of how Monica did one of hers.

Here's why you don't sew late at night. Lucky
 for me, it was only pinned and not sewn on! It's upside down.

Last edited by DownSouth (1/08/2024 2:10 pm)

D e v o n n e

1/08/2024 4:22 pm  #14

Afternoon y'all! 

DS My Virtual daughter, as we call her, is Sara's best friend from HS.  They were either here or at her house.  She not my real daughter but is a virtual daughter.  She may as well be mine since she was here so much, I'm sure her parents say the same thing about Sara! 

I have had issues with no heat on my side of my car.  Started in November, had to convince hubby it was an issue.  Had it serviced 12/27, and the heat went out again this past weekend.  Once again had to convince hubby.  Car went in this morning.  The have to take the dash off to replace the part.  What idiot came up with this way to make a car?  Thus an expensive repair.  I'm not happy, neither is hubby, it's making it tough with the lack of cars since Luke Volunteers at Kennesaw mountain he needs his car.  I think Alex's car will get some use during this.  I won't see my car till tomorrow or Wednesday! 

They have Covid going around Mom's facility so I mask up when I go, and lots of hand sanitizer!  Housekeeping won't work during this outbreak so I had to get on my hands and knees to clean my mom's bathroom, I only had water to use, we will bring a bucket and vinegar tonight, along with a vacuum.  

It's cold here!  47* with a wind chill making it feel like 41*!  We're supposed to get rain starting tonight! 

I have heard back from my repair man for the Columbia house.  He will call me tomorrow with the estimate!  I will tell him to go for it, I will meet him with the check.  He is great.  Wish he was here!  

I need to go cook supper!  Tomorrow is leftovers!  I made Turkey soup and Lasagna, in the last few days, so good leftovers!  

Later my Friends! 

1/08/2024 5:30 pm  #15

Sandra, those pictures made me cold!    Seriously, I got a chill.  We had some rain/snow mix but today it was 36 degrees so just rain and gray again.  I must day, like Janet, I am not sad about it.

I made a couple more paper pieced blocks (12 inches) and then got tired of it  and made 5 easy pieced ones.  I will make a throw size with 12 blocks and sashing between.  They are all done in red, white and a yellow gold mixed in for contrast.  I am happy with them.

Devonne, I have tried QAYG and I don't think it saves me any time.  I don't do a lot of fancy quilting, mostly straight line or stitch in the ditch.  I found the GAYG to be too stiff for me when my quilt was finished.

The local grocery store had beef roast on sale this week ($3.99 a lb) so I bought one and will make beef stew tomorrow for supper.  I also bought a tube of cresent rolls so I am leaning toward those instead of making homemade rolls or bread.  I usually make the homemade rolls with beef stew.

San, good luck with the new dog!  He will be a big one for sure.  Sending prayers for a complete recovery for you.

1/08/2024 11:25 pm  #16

SORRY TO HAVE BEEN MIA FOR SO LONG. FINALLY FEELING A LITTLE BETTER.  NOV WAS VERRY DIZZY MOST OF THE MONTH AND THEN RESPIRATORY CRUD FOR MOST OF DEC. YUK! HAVE A REGULAR CHECK UP TOMORROW. OH, WELL, GUESS THAT IS TODAY.

DIDN'T READ LAST WEEK. WILL TRY TO CATCH UP. VISIT WITHDS AND DIL WENT PRETTY WELL. THEY WANTED TO GET HOME ON SAT. BUT HAD TO SPOP FOR THE WEATHER, SO DIDN'T GET HOME UNTIL SUN.

GOTTA GO.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS....................................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

1/09/2024 9:35 am  #17

ITS VERY COLD TODAY AND ANOTHER STORM APPROACHES.  THEY TELL US FREEZING RAIN AND SNOW MIXED AND ABOUT 5 INCHES THIS TIME.  WITH HEAVY ICY RAIN, WE ARE SURE TO LOSE POWER TO IF YOU DO NOT HEAR FROM ME MY FRIENDS, THAT'S THE REASON.  I AM DOING WELL HEALTHWISE.

DEVONNE........YOUR QUILT IS ADORABLE.  I LOVE IT.  I KNOW IT WILL GET LOTS OF LOVE FROM YOUR FAMILY.  AS FOR THE UPSIDE-DOWN BLOCK, WELL I KNOW THAT WHEN I AM SEWING AND I SEW FOR TOO LONG, I GET TO MAKING MISTAKES.  I HAVE LEARNED THAT WHEN I MAKE THE FIRST ONE, ITS TIME TO PUT EVERYTHING DOWN AND FORGET IT UNTIL THE NEXT DAY.  I AM SURE TO MAKE MORE MISTAKES OTHERWISE.

LINDA.......I WISH YOU GOOD NEWS AT THE DOCTOR'S THIS MORNING. 

CAROL.....ARE YOU GETTING HIT WITH ANY RAIN STORMS?

JANET......I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR RETREAT.

I FIND THAT SINCE I HAVE NOT BEEN DOING MY LEG EXERCISES, I HAVE NOT HAD THE PAINFUL KNEE PROBLEMS.  I GUESS THAT MEANS I WILL JUST HAVE TO DO MY LAPS IN THE HALLWAY FOR EXERCISE AND FORGET THOSE LEG LIFTS AND BENDS.  I TRY TO LISTEN TO WHAT MY BODY TELLS ME AND LIVE ACCORDINGLY.

ITS LOOKING MIGHTY PRETTY  ALONG THE RIVER THIS MORNING.

IN THIS ONE I TRIED TO GET A VIEW OF THE TREES ACROSS THE RIVER WHICH ARE SO PRETTY IN THEIR WHITE COVERING.

I GUESS WITH THIS NEXT STORM LOOMING I HAD BETTER GET MY MEATS COOKED TODAY BEFORE IT STARTS.  I WILL MAKE MY STEAK INTO A PEPPER STEAK SANDWICH SINCE I HAVE THE LONG ROLLS.   THE CHICKEN I WILL PRE-BAKE SO ITS READY FOR WHEN I MAKE MY CHICKEN AND NOODLE CASSY.  AS FOR THE PIZZA, I HAVE PLANS FOR THAT FOR SUPPER WITH SAUCY GROUND BEEF ON TOP OVER PEPPERONI. 
TIP:   IF YOU MAKE YOUR OWN PIZZA, TRY MAKING THE CHEESE THE TOP LAYER.  IT HOLDS DOWN YOUR TOPPINGS SO THEY DO NOT SLIDE AROUND OR FALL OFF WHEN YOU LIFT THEM.

I GUESS THAT'S ALL I CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW.  BE SAFE.  STAY PREPARED.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (1/09/2024 9:46 am)

1/09/2024 10:55 am  #18

I also make mistakes when I get tired. I get clumsy, also. About 500 cross stitches per day is about my limit. 
=26pxWe’re having rain all day, and later, heavy winds.a good day to stay in. Dinner will be leftover chicken, I’ll add stuffing and cranberry sauce to it. 

I told Ralph last night that he is very satisfying to cook for. He’s not picky, other than he’s not a steak or roast eater, so I don’t make those. And I cook around our allergies. He always eats hearty and doesn’t mind leftovers. And helps clean up. I guess I’ll keep him! 

1/09/2024 11:02 am  #19

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope you're all having a nice day, it is raining heavily this morning and 42*, glad I don't have to go outside!!  Sharon should be here any minute, so will get her working.  I don't have any plans for the day, or any day, for that matter.  Frank's friend called this morning, wanting to pick him up for coffee, but he bowed out, said he'd go next week instead.

I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will sign off, wishing you all well.   Hope you all have a nice day, BJ.

1/09/2024 6:15 pm  #20

BJ that doesn't sound like a good day weather wise, hope it improves, good idea for Frank to take a rain check!

SANDRA I don't think the latest is the current one on All Creatures, but they have improved, some of the series are quite recent. Hope the weather stays bette than that (((( hugs)))) I deleted my Disney Plus subscription, they wanted me to use Apple Pay - I won't do that. I know the kids all use their phones to pay for things, I'm not comfortable with the technology. 

DEVONNE I see now what you are doing, I have done that method as well, on a reversible log cabin, I forgot, it was 1 1/2" strips cut of back, front and batting, and all three sewn down, like a crumb block, the ends had to be left open, I know I used that sticky 1/4" tape for the joining of rows. I still have the quilt, one side is Japanese prints, the other more country style. If  get the energy I'll take a pic, it's at the bottom of the pile on the quilt stand LOL

HOLLY I haven't found my mojo to do any Cross Stitch, I know you use an app for the counting, I didn't want to do that, was hoping I could just follow the pattern. But I know my skills are not good yet.

CHERYL sounds like you are settling in for now, enjoy the break while you can

MARYLOU how was the celebration on the weekend?? Did the pizza party go well?

STRINGS I hope you can get over this crud, it does take a while, some people I know had it for about 2 months. YUK! Hope you are feeling much better soon ((((hugs)))

SAN I am so glad you checked in, I know it would have be difficult this year, to celebrate, it does get easier, I'm sure our fronds here who have been through it will tell you there will be good and bad days, with thought and memories. 
I heard Sophie Duchess of Edinburgh say it once, talking about the loss of Philip, she said 'they come and go, and you should let them come and then go" I think letting go is the hardest ((((hugs)))) 

I did my online shop, it is so easy, something good came from covid with that service. It even tells me what it thinks I have forgotten LOL Sometimes that works, mostly I stick to my list.I does help that I am lucky enough to not have a strict budget, so if something is on a good special ( 1/2 price ) I can stock up.
See you later.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera