OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/15/2023 9:22 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY DEC 10 ~ SAT DEC 16

ANOTHER SUNNY, BRIGHT LOVELY COLD DAY HERE IN THE NORTH COUNTRY.  AS LONG AS THERE'S NO SNOW I AM HAPPY.
I FOUND A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR THE YANKEE GIFT SWAP.  I HAVE 2 POTPOURI POTS IN THEIR BOXES I NEVER OPENED.  I HAVE ONE IN MY KITCHEN (THEY ARE FOR LIQUID POTPOURI) THAT HAS LASTED FOREVER AND I WILL USE ONE OF THE OTHER NEW ONES FOR A GIFT AND KEEP THE OTHER IN CASE........I LIKE HAVING A BACKUP FOR WHEN ITS NEEDED.  NOW TO THINK OF MAYBE MAKING A POTLUCK DESSERT.
NOTHING PLANNED FOR THE DAY.  I THINK I WILL RESORT TO ONLY A SALAD FOR LUNCH TODAY.  I NEED TO CUT BACK SO I CAN INDULGE ON XMAS DAY AND ALSO AT THE LUNCHEON.  

TRISH......I LIKE YOUR PLAN TO BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU EAT AND WITH YOU, LUCKY YOU, THERE IS THE EXERCISE GROUP.  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
CONGRATS TO JOHN ON HIS ATAR SCORE.  HE'S DOING WELL. 

DEVONNE.......YOU ARE STILL BEING BUSY WITH PROJECTS.  I ENVY YOU THE ENERGY TO DO ALL YOU DO. 
I HOPE YOUR SON IS FEELING A LOT BETTER.

LINDA.......ITS ANOTHER DAY FOR YOU WITH LESS COUGHING I HOPE, YOU AND YOUR DARLING.  ITS TOUGH WHEN YOU CATCH SOMETHING THAT LINGERS FOR DAYS.  VERY TIRING. 

I WAS JUST WATCHING A TV SPECIAL TITLED CHRISTMAS IN NEW ENGLAND AND THE FIRST THING THEY TALKED ABOUT WAS THE NORMAN ROCKWELL PAINTINGS AND THAT OF STOCKBRIDGE.  YES, THEY WERE VISITING THE TOWN.  THEY SHOWED THE PAINTING MR ROCKWELL DID AND I REMEMBERED I HAVE A COPY OF THAT PAINTING AS WELL SO I UNEARTHED IT FROM BEHIND THE WALKIN CLOSET DOOR.  I HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO HANG THAT PAINTING.  I REALLY LOVE IT.  ITS FROM MY TIME.  IT HAS A SAWTOOTH METAL HANGAR BUT NEEDS A WIRE ASSEMBLY FOR ME TO HANG IT IN THIS APT.  NO NAILS OR SCREWS ALLOWED IN THE WALLS SO IT NEEDS A COMMAND STICKER.  I NEED TO GET GOING ON GETTING MY PAINTINGS UP SO I CAN ENJOY THEM.

THAT'S IT LADIES.  I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY.  I WISH YOU ALL WELL.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/15/2023 9:42 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

12/15/2023 10:08 am  #42

Trish, having been a smart kid, and raising smart kids, you can’t motivate someone , they have to do it themselves. Once he figures out what his interest is, there will be no stopping him. 

MAC is money access card, which was a Delaware Valley thing, it’s what one bank called their ATM card and it stuck. 

LOL, the floor guys are here, and the general contractor stopped by to make sure they are doing it right. Like it’s not what they do or anything. 

It’s a nice sunny day here, yay!

12/15/2023 10:31 am  #43

Good Morning to everyone!  I love reading what everyone is doing or thinking!!  It's a very still morning here, no breeze or anything, just very still, as I said!!  Sounds like Frank is getting up, not sure why, there's nothing to do!!

Rhonda will be over later, I really must have her get my Christmas gifts, not sure what, but we'll think of something.  Well, I can't think of anything else to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, sending love and best wishes to all, Love, BJ.

12/15/2023 11:37 am  #44

Coming here to check in so you all don't think I fell off the earth.  Have read some, the latest posts, will catch up on the earlier ones when I have more time.  It's been a busy week and this is the first time I've gotten here.

I did see where Elmer has passed away and SAN, if you're reading, my deepest sympathy.  

QB, I watched the same show last night and enjoyed it very much.  I loved the way they showed that picture and then immediately changed to the same view as it it right now.  The whole show was lovely and not so long which sometimes is good, for me...
One thing we did this week was our Christmas shopping.  Got it all done in one shopping trip as we only have two to buy for.  This year, DIL, Pam and ML.  And, I got them the same fleece jackets.  One in black for Pam and the other for ML in camel.  I hadn't planned to do that, but the quality of this particular jacket was so superior to all the others I looked at and since I had called ML for her advise and even sent her a pic for her approval, I decided to get her the same thing.  As I always say...they can always exchange it, if desired.  I'd just spent time figuring out b.d. presents for ML and couldn't think of anything that was going to wow her so soon again.  Also, after conferring with Bill, he ordered a book, Kate Morton's HOMECOMING that she'd put on her list and had it shipped here.  And, I'd picked up another gift for Pam while shopping.  Anything else, I see, will be "gravy".   

What little bit I've read here from you was enjoyable, as always.  Will need to go now.  Still doing some decorating.  I SO wish Howard would go upstairs and give me some space, but he seems glued to his chair in the living room.  Patience, Judy!!  
Later.

Last edited by indyanny (12/15/2023 11:47 am)

12/15/2023 5:10 pm  #45

Holly, I get any cash I need from Walmart when I'm checking out. If I don't want to go to Walmart, I get cash at Ingles. Ingles will give you up to $100, I think Walmart is only $50.

Sandra, that's a beautiful painting! They are listed for over $100 on Ebay, framed. 

I decided to work on my Christmas wallhanging today. I belong to a Facebook group that does these wallhangings and they go "all out" doing the borders. I decided to do embroidery designs for my top border and will add some snowflake designs as well on a side border. I'm also working on a wallhanging for a hallway door.

Judy, that's wonderful you don't have to buy a lot of presents. I know I overdid it this year on gifts.

I am off to cook. I don't eat anything after 7:00, so I need to get on the ball, lol! 

D e v o n n e

12/15/2023 5:32 pm  #46

Remember when I first told you about the smoke alert was chirping?  The one way up in the cathedral ceiling about over 25’.  Well it has chirped for almost 4 years every 33 minutes!  The other night it changed to a high pitched continuous whistle. 😵‍💫.  How I wished for the chirping to come back instead.  Anyway, two days of that and it has officially stopped!!! 👏.   It’s so quiet here.  I sorta of miss it…kind of like losing a good friend.  Lol. 
     Did 8 mention that another one of our heat pumps stopped working?  Turns out it needed a new blower fan motor.  It two weeks to get a new one installed.  The lower level got very cold.  I hardly ever go down there but now it’s fixed and beginning to warm up down there.  It’s just never ending here.

12/15/2023 10:07 pm  #47

Oh, Janet, what a nightmare for you in that house! How many heat pumps do you have? Like you, I got used to the chirping but ours was in the basement. I faintly heard it when it was extra quiet in the house, but real loud when I opened the interior door to the basement. We finally fixed it...well, I did and cracked my Iphone climbing a ladder, lol. 

This is why you don't believe what you read on the internet. I really like this gospel singer and I wondered where he is, as he's about my age. I read he and his wife, Teresa, live in Nashville, TN and have two grown daughters. I then read he and his wife, Judy, have lived in CA their entire marriage. I then read he died 9/18/2018, and the bottom of this paragraph said "he is now a realtor in Marietta, GA."  He is from Georgia and that is the truth, lol! 

Where is Theresa? Hope she checks in soon. I can only imagine how busy her life still is.

D e v o n n e

12/16/2023 9:44 am  #48

Devonne- 5. Two have been replaced. This one was repaired, so as DH has said. 3 down, two to go. If it was so expensive I guess it could be laughable. The old saying …I think it’s Murphy’s Law…if it can go wrong, it will go wrong…pretty much says it all here.

Trish- thanks so much for the card. It arrived here Thursday.

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/17/2023 12:17 am)

12/16/2023 10:05 am  #49

If you care to pass over this odyssey, feel free….
On a separate note, let me tell you about a quilt top I started many, many years ago. It is made up of (about 90%) of vintage fabrics that we call Aunt Gracie. I was gifted them. I had to purchase more. In some cases, there were also some blocks and the pattern in the box. These fabrics were not something I would have picked out then and totally not in my wheelhouse now. Anyway, I finished the top except for the border more than 15-18 years ago. I came across it about 2 months ago and decided to finish it. I found a piece of blue fabric that looked like the solid blue pieces in the top. So I cut it and sewed on one side and realized then that it wasn’t the right color, so I took it off and went to an Amish shop nearby and they were able to match it. Yay. So about a month ago I cut the borders and sewed them on. Again, back into the box. I took it out the other day and to my horror I realized that I had put the top and bottom borders on first and then the sides. 😡it should be the other way. So off they came. I was able to use the sides as they were now 6 inches too long. Then came the top and bottom. I had to cut new ones, luckily I still had enough fabric. Well WOF was 42” and I needed 44”. 😵‍💫 so it meant piecing it but I didn’t want it pieced 2 inches from the edge so had to play around with the strip. Finally got it done, but it took hours. It’s certainly not my favorite but I will have it quilted by my LAer. I was going to toss it, but I thought about how the original quilter, someone’s grandmother and I felt like it deserves to be finished.
Oh and btw, most of the pieces were obviously cut and sewn way before before acrylic rulers, rotary cutter and 1/4” feet. I can remember those days, myself.

Last edited by tricia-anne (12/17/2023 12:16 am)

12/16/2023 10:15 am  #50

Good Morning, it is 38* outside, Brrr!!!  Tracy got here last night, lovely to see her.  She is still sleeping.  I'm ready to take my shower when she gets up.   Not sure if Frank is awake or not, his light is on but that doesn't mean anything.  

I have a really sore neck today, not sure what I could have done to make that, but it really hurts each time I move my head.  What a pain!  Well, I really don't have a thing to say this morning, so will just sign off, wishing you all well, have a lovely day, BJ.

12/16/2023 11:12 am  #51

ITS LOVELY OUT TODAY BUT WE ARE EXPECTINNG A STORM THIS WEEKEND.  I WANTED TO ORDER MY GROCERIES ON MONDAY BUT WITH THE STORM COMING TOMORROW AND INTO MONDAY, I ORDERED THEM FOR TODAY INSTEAD.  THEY SHOULD BE HERE BETWEEN 5 AND 6 PM.

MY LIST FOR TODAY IS SMALL.  SORT MY PILLS, TAKE OUT THE TRASH, CHECK WITH MY NEIGHBOR IF SHE NEEDS ME TO TAKE OUT HERS AS WELL, AND MAYBE BAKE SOME COOKIES TODAY.  DEPENDS ON HOW I FEEL IN THE AFTERNOON.   SOMETIMES I GET CAUGHT UP IN A MOVIE AND WILL NOT LEAVE IT.  BUT I HAVE TIME TO BAKE BEFORE BOTH THE XMAS LUNCH AND XMAS ITSELF.  I KNOW MY DIL WANTS PEANUT BUTTER BALLS AND MY SON WINTER RASPBERRY COOKIES (THE POINSETTIA ONES I MAKE JUST ROUND SO GAVE THEM A NEW NAME).  MY DAU WANTS CHOCOLATE FUDGE.  I HOPE TO GET ALL THOSE MADE AND MORE BEFORE THE BIG DAY.

WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (12/16/2023 11:17 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

12/16/2023 3:26 pm  #52

Hi, Not sure how to navigate this site, just wanted to update for mom. All is great here. We are having sunny cool days. The flooding has stopped, merely a memory at this point. We are very festive here. Sister Rhonda baked all day yesterday so we are surrounded by calories! Love and Merry Holidays to you all, Tracy 

12/16/2023 6:54 pm  #53

BJ, hope your neck is feeling better. Must be the way you slept?

Tracy, Merry Christmas to everyone in your family. Will you have a white Christmas?

Janet, was that odyssey from someone else that you're sharing or about what you did? Wasn't sure.

It's been a rainy day here off and on all day...a good day to stay home.

Last edited by DownSouth (12/16/2023 6:54 pm)

D e v o n n e

12/16/2023 8:02 pm  #54

Devonne- what I told about the borders was done by me….all typical beginner errors. I have made lots and lots of quilts (this year alone, I made at least 10, maybe more) with borders with no incidents at all, until this one yesterday. 🤷‍♀️. It was like someone took over my brain for a few hours.

Board footera