OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/16/2023 10:32 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY 12 NOV ~ SAT 18 NOV

Finland MN is up the north shore of Lake Superior. A little north of Silver Bay where my husband grew up. The town of Finland is still there. The things you listed happened at the base which is about three miles from Finland. It was taken out of service after the cold war. It is for sale if you're Interested.

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/18/2023 3:37 am)

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

11/17/2023 8:27 am  #42

SORRY TO BE SO SHORT TODAY.  BUSY.   DAU COMING AND SO ARE A COUPLE OF DELIVERIES DUE TODAY.  I AM MAKING VEGGIE BEEF SOUP RIGHT NOW AND LATER MORE BUNDIES FOR MY SON'S VISIT TOMORROW.  THE BUNDIES I MADE YESTERDAY FOR MY DAU CAME OUT PERFECTLY.  I TOLD HER I HAD A BATCH FOR HER DOGS.  THEY WILL LOVE THE BLAND ONES JUST FINE SINCE IT GROUND BEEF.

TALK AGAIN SOON.  HUGS QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (11/17/2023 8:27 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

11/17/2023 10:31 am  #43

Good Morning, It is cold this morning, only 30*!!  Frank has a Dr. appt. this morning, he is coughing up a storm!!  Hope he gets better soon.  I have a sort of runny nose, but no coughing. It is so still outside, but beautiful, the sun is so bright.

I really don't have anything to say this morning, Frank just came out and is getting his coffee.  So will just sign off, wishing you all well, have a wonderful day, Love you all, BJ.

11/17/2023 2:49 pm  #44

We’ve had a lovely day! Steph and Dan got here around 10, and Heather shortly after. We visited, got cheesesteaks and panzarottis for lunch, and visited some more. Heather just left to go get Jules from school, and Steph and Dan are meeting friends for dinner. 
Tomorrow we’re going to a brunch birthday party for our friend Franny, and we might see Steph and Dan in the afternoon. Sunday they are meeting Heather for breakfast, then they are having an early Thanksgiving with his family, and they leave on the 7 a.m. flight to go home. Then Manda and Ben and kids arrive Monday night. 

11/17/2023 4:01 pm  #45

Have taken it easy today. I fixed a big breakfast for lunch and have been relaxing. I watched The Gift years ago, but watched it again today. It was long, but seemed even longer with two phone calls and on pause, lol. 

Patty, it's very remote so doubt there's any interest...and contaminated.

Today I watched a video about the George abandoned AF base in Victorville, CA. I'm surprised our government leaves these places in such a mess. The EPA has been working on this base since 1992 & will until 2077. This one was huge...on 5,000 acres, had a hospital, a school & a golf course. I enjoy watching videos about different topics.

Last edited by DownSouth (11/17/2023 4:21 pm)

D e v o n n e

11/17/2023 10:46 pm  #46

You're correct Devonne, I don't know why anyone would want to purchase it.

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/18/2023 3:36 am)

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

11/18/2023 4:03 am  #47

Hope BJ that Frank is doing better, sounds like he has what I did, takes a while for the cough to go ((((hugs)))) BJ keep safe and hope you don't get it!

SANDRA yum, those bundies will be enjoyed! AND the soup, you are spoiling them and they do like it I bet! That was a big loss, hope the next game is better for you!

DEVONNE those old places would be too hard to have remediated, it would be difficult, they would need to excavate so much to get good soil, the cost would be prohibitive. I hope Gary gets good news soon. Your embroidery designs are gorgeous

PATTY good news that you don't have snow yet! Hope you get some when you get closer to Christmas, it would be strange without it LOL

JANET how is the car?? WOW on the price of sweet potato, ours is much worse, last time I paid about $2.50 pound. Our fruit and veg is pretty expensive right now!

INDY you have had a busy time, I hope you find your way around the new devices, too bad about the wedding, but you probably wouldn't have gone, it would have been nice to be informed.

HOLLY that is great having the family around, you would have enjoyed it. Family getting together whenever they can is wonderful. We are planning our family gathering with my sis, hopefully the week after Christmas or New Year, then with my brother and all his late in January. No idea where that will be LOL 

We had a busy few days, took Dean to the ENT on Tuesday, he offered a place on Thursdays list, so we were at the hospital at 6.30am, Dean did very well, he was a little anxious, his BP was a little high, so they gave him some sedation, honestly he was absolutely hysterical funny. Kept calling Megan 'mummy' and everything was "wow" said some really funny things, the nurses were laughing, one was almost crying with laughter. She told Megan that she was hoping she was recording it all.

He's fine now, and was home after a few hours, was pretty sleepy, but good the next day. His nose isn't even sore, the Dr said he went well, and it should all be OK now.

I went to training today, I survived well, I was up early to bake bread, and put the corned silverside in the slow cooker, it was delicious tonight, with steamed cauliflower, carrots, sweet potato,  zucchini and some mash. The guys devoured it pretty quickly. 
Tomorrow I would like to head to a large mall nearby, hoping the Mr will come with me, I want to get something for my birthday, if he goes to bowls - again - I will be pretty cross. He asked me what he could get me, and he should be there to get it. 

We will have my birthday dinner on next Wed, they are going camping on Friday, and will be packing on the Thursday night, so it makes sense to have it a few days early.
I think I might cook a big pot of meaty spaghetti sauce, or make meatballs and have with sauce and pasta. My sis had a good idea, they had a big lasagne for Chloe's birthday, and for ice cream cake they softened a big tub of vanilla ice cream, added crushed Oreos, then put into a cake tin, and decorated the top with Malteasers. It looked fabulous, and didn't break the budget. 

I am tired tonight, I was expecting to be after a busy week, still coughing a little, but just a very little, I do hope that FRANK gets better quickly.

Can't believe it's almost December

Forgot to say, I didn't know Tammy still came here, not sure how I feel about that, she left abruptly, and didn't respond to my messages for a while. Did she remarry and divorce again?  I didn't know her son died either, that is sad, I remember he had an addiction?? Or am I wrong.

Last edited by tricia-anne (11/18/2023 4:06 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

11/18/2023 9:50 am  #48

RAIN, RAIN, RAIN TODAY.  TEMPS ARE OK THOUGH.  NO SNOW IN SIGHT FOR NOW.  THANK GOODNESS MY BUNDIES CAME OUT PERFECTLY YESTERDAY.

MY SON-I-L DROPPED OFF MY TURKEY BREAST THIS MORNING.  IT WAS NICE TO SEE HIM.  DON'T SEE HIM TOO OFTEN.  I GAVE HIM THE GOOD BUNDIES FOR THE FAMILY AND THE BLAND ONES FOR THE DOGS.  ALSO A CONTAINER OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP.  MY GRDAU DEE IS COMPILING A NOTEBOOK OF FAMILY RECIPES SO I WROTE OUT SOME OF MY FAVORITES, TRIED AND TRUE ONES, FOR HER. AND YES, I PAID FOR MY TURKEY PLUS A BIT MORE, TUCKING IT IN WITH THE RECIPES SO HE COULD NOT HAND IT BACK TO ME. 

MY SON WILL BE SHOPPING FOR ME TODAY.  HE WILL GET HIS SHARE OF BUNDIES MADE YESTERDAY AND A CONTAINER OF SOUP AS WELL.  BUT NO RECIPES.

BJ.....I HOPE YOU DO NOT GET THE COUGHS LIKE YOUR DARLING.  MAYBE IT WILL PASS YOU BY. I HOPE SO.  I HOPE THE DR WAS ABLE TO GIVE HIM SOMETHING FOR RELIEF.

JANET.....YOU HAVE A BIG ANNIVERSARY TOMORROW.  ARE YOU DOING ANYTHING SPECIAL?

TRISH......GLAD TO HEAR YOUR SPELL OF AILING IS FINALLY PASSING YOU BY.

LINDA GOT TO HER DOCTOR AND HE IS TRYING ANOTHER MEDICATION FOR HER.  LETS HOPE THIS ONE WORKS AND SHE CAN GET SOME RELIEF MOST DAYS.

I GOT MY DELIVERIES JUST FINE, THE GRIDDLE WHICH I WILL BE SEASONING TODAY.  ITS ALREADY DONE BUT THEY SUGGEST ANOTHER GO.  ALSO MY NYLON POTATO MASHER.  MY OTHER 2 ARE METAL AND OLD SO WILL TRY THIS NEW VERSION.  AND MY XMAS THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE DVD WHICH I WILL WATCH WHEN MY DVD ARRIVES.  THEY SAY ON SUNDAY.

I SAW MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR IN THE HALL AND ASKED HIM ABOUT T-DAY.  NOTHING HAPPENING FOR HIM SO I TOLD HIM WHAT I PLANNED TO ROAST AND WILL HAPPILY SHARE IT WITH HIM.  THIS WAY WE CAN BOTH JUST RELAX.  HE HAS BAD KNEES AND BACK PROBS THOUGH HE GETS OUT EVERY DAY TO WALK HIS LITTLE DARLING DOG OSCAR MEYER.  TOM IS A SWELL GUY AND RUNS ERRANDS FOR OTHERS IN THIS BLDG WHO CAN'T GET TO THE STORE.  HE'S OFFERED TO SHOP FOR ME MANY TIMES BUT SO FAR MY SON IS DOING MY SHOPPING JUST FINE, THANK GOODNESS. ANYWAY, HE WON'T GO HUNGRY FOR T-DAY BUT HE'S THE ONLY ONE I WILL BE SHARING WITH.  I THINK THE OTHERS ARE DOING OK HERE WITH FAMILY OR FRIENDS.

I AM THANKFUL FOR AN ABUNDANCE IN A FULL CUPBOARD.
I AM THANKFUL I AM FEELING BETTER TODAY.
I AM THANKFUL FOR FAMILY.
HUGS TO YOU ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (11/18/2023 10:08 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

11/18/2023 10:03 am  #49

Good Morning, it is fairly light outside, but the outside lights are still on.  I really don't have anything to say this morning. Frank is still coughing and was all night.  I still have the cold but little coughing, my nose runs pretty steadily.  Well, the sun is starting to shine a bit, nice!!

I'm going to sign off and wish you all well, hope you have a nice day.  We have no plans as yet, but may take a ride somewhere.  Sending love and best wishes, BJ.

11/18/2023 12:09 pm  #50

Yes Sandra- tomorrow is 51 years.  And no, nothing planned….

11/18/2023 1:14 pm  #51

Oops! I started my post and my laptop died. 

I haven't been in the sewing room in 3 days. I needed a break, so I've been resting and watching tv.  I'm back in there now, but plan to start a design & go watch tv. I've been in a TV mood lately.

I read the reason they don't clean up these bases is because the houses have asbestos and lead paint. That would cost a fortune. So interesting, like ghost towns. I also watch abandoned plantations, houses, etc.

Trish, sadly, this is a public forum, not private, so anyone can come here and read. I guess we need to keep that in mind when doing our posts, lol. Glad Dean is ok now and you are doing better!

It's beautiful here today, 70 degrees. I haven't been out of the house in 3 days, haven't needed or wanted to go anywhere. I'll get out and about tomorrow!

Last edited by DownSouth (11/18/2023 1:15 pm)

D e v o n n e

11/18/2023 3:58 pm  #52

We went to the birthday brunch this morning, so we got to see our cookie swap friends, which was awesome. Came home and napped! Then Steph just texted, and we’re going to the diner with them for dinner. The weather is nice, 50’s and sunny.

Board footera