OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/14/2023 9:55 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY 12 NOV ~ SAT 18 NOV

Trish, thank you! I don't know what they will do if he doesn't get approved. He will have to find a part time sedentary job, but the problem with that is all the meds he is on. He naps every day. All that water damage will have to be replaced to prevent mold & mildew. I'm sorry it's worse than you initially knew about.

Holly, that's exactly why he has all these doctor appts. I never had to do this when I went on disability with my back.  The only thing required of me was a hearing downtown Atlanta in front of a judge. They asked a few questions, but my attorney did most of the talking. Are you finished with afghans for the year?

I did the two cutest embroidery designs yesterday. I'm trying to choose designs kids will like more. I have some beautiful ones that are more Victorian, definitely not for kids.

Ingles has Butterball turkeys for $1.09 a lb. Limit two. That's a great price.

Last edited by DownSouth (11/14/2023 9:57 am)

D e v o n n e

11/14/2023 10:06 am  #22

Trish-I got my turkey 2 weeks ago. High priced, but I’m all set.   
It will just be us…
   I got my haircut this morning.  It’s ok.  Not great.  I’ll give her a pass as she says she had gall bladder surgery this past Thursday and today was her first day back.  A bit soon I’d say.  She looked, moved and sounded awful.
   Today we’re doing one of my least favorite things.  Jugggling cars in and out of the trailer and garage.  🙁. It always ends in a fight.

11/14/2023 10:39 am  #23

Good Morning, I'm very lazy today, was up quite late getting hubby into bed.  Had a terrible time, wound up getting the wheelchair, took nearly two hours and I'm really tired.   I can hear him coughing in the bedroom, guess it's time to take him some coffee.  Checked awhile ago and he was still asleep.  Know he was awake a long time this morning when Rhonda was getting ready for work.  Heard them talking.

Well, I guess if I'm a good wife, I'll go take him some coffee and make him comfortable.  Will be back tomorrow.  Have a great day everyone, stay warm and comfy, BJ.

11/14/2023 11:26 am  #24

BJ, you're a good wife and it's wonderful you are able to take care of Frank and take him coffee every morning. That is true longtime love. 
Here are the two "kid" Christmas designs. I'm not sure I will like the Santa one that is stitching out now. It's hard to tell until they're finished. 

The mouse tail was a light pink & you could barely see it. I went back over it and made it gray.

Last edited by DownSouth (11/14/2023 11:31 am)

D e v o n n e

11/14/2023 12:39 pm  #25

Janet, how many cars does he have? 

I didn’t realize we’re $20 away from our free turkey or ham, well hit the store again and get it.

Devonne, so cute! Manda does a lot of back pocket designs, she removes the back pocket, embroiders on it, and sews it back on. 

I wanted some new towels, ours were looking ratty, so we went to the At Home store. When we got home, neighbor Dave left us 3 nice tomatoes. I can’t believe he’s still getting tomatoes! So I made grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches for lunch. 

11/14/2023 8:29 pm  #26

Holly, what do you do with all of your beautiful afghans?  Do you keep them, sell, donate?  I looked on your blog and your latest afghan colors are so pretty.  A while ago I found a recipe for the Alice Springs Chicken and made it at home.  It turned out great.  

When I say canned soup for supper, it is usually tomato and grilled cheese sandwiches.  I made a homemade tomato soup this summer and we did not like it but the tomatoes were store bought and orange in color, so perhaps that was the reason.  I will try some next summer with fresh.  Dean actually prefers the canned tomato taste as that is what he grew up with.   He is easy-peasy to cook for all the time.

There was a terrible accident on Interstate 170 just east of Columbus.  It was a chartered bus taking  band kids to Columbus from a small school just south of me.  It
was horrific.  A semi truck plowed into the back of the bus and it was a ball of flames.  I don't see how the semi driver could have made it out.  There were 53 people (mostly kids) on the bus and the news reported 6 dead and 18 in hospital.  So so sad.  It brought me to tears.

Devonne, good luck to your son.  It is pretty difficult to get disability these days due to so many people on it who should not be.  My SIL was one such people.  She had a "bad back" and yet worked, drove, shopped, etc.   She was on it for years before she qualified for Medicare.

I cleaned out my linen closet today.  How did I get so many towels?  I had several on a top shelf that had never been used.  I kept 15 towels and will  donate the remainder, about 20.  I will give the less nice ones to the dog shelter and give the nicer ones to a local charity.  Also some full sized sheet sets and we no longer have any full sized beds.  Now my closet looks so nice.   I felt so good afterward at how nice it looked that I came to the kitchen and organized my canned good pantry.  

Last edited by Chlynn1129 (11/14/2023 8:29 pm)

11/14/2023 10:09 pm  #27

Cheryl, that’s so awful about the accident! As for the afghans, I’ve never sold any and don’t plan to. I have them all over the house, and give them away a lot. My daughters, sons in law, grandchildren, nieces and nieces in law, nephews, great nieces and nephews all have at least one, and know they can hit me up if they want to give a special someone a gift. I keep a stock of baby afghans for that reason also. I have been known to donate, if an organization wants to raffle one off- I make lap sized for that purpose. 

11/15/2023 7:17 am  #28

I am an early bird this morning! Out of coffee, so I'm meeting Gary for breakfast, then he invited me to Caleb's school for a lunch Thanksgiving. My goal in getting up early was to get to the sewing room, but that won't happen, lol. 

Cheryl, I saw the bus accident on a YT video. Horrible!

D e v o n n e

11/15/2023 9:27 am  #29

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE WITH SUNSHINE AND COLD WEATHER.  SINCE I DON'T GO ANYWHERE IS AM FINE WITH IT.  THERE IS A MEETING TODAY FOR THE TENANTS ABOUT THE PARKING SITUATION FOR THE WINTER.  YOU KNOW, MOVINGTHEIR CARS AND WHEN THE PLOWS WILL COME AND NOT GOING OUT TIL THE WALKWAYS ARE SHOVELED.  I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO THOSE ANYMORE SO I AM GOING TO BAKE SOME BUNDIES FOR MY DAU. THIS AFTERNOON.  SHE SHOULD BE COMING WITH MY TURKEY BREAST TOMORROW OR FRIDAY.  I WANT TO HAVE SOME READY FOR HER.  I NEED TO GET THEM DONE EARLIER THAN NORMAL SINCE I HAVE BINGO TO CALL LATER.
THEN TOMORROW I WILL MAKE MORE FOR MY SON FOR THIS WEEKEND SINCE ITS HIS SHOPPING TIME.  THAT AND SOME VEGGIE BEEF SOUP FOR THE HERD INCLUDING HIM AND ME.

I ORDERED MYSELF A DVD PLAYER YESTERDAY FROM AMAZON.  I HAD TO TREAD LIGHTLY THERE SINCE THEY ARE ALWAYS TRYING TO GET YOU TO JOIN AMAZON PRIME AND I DON'T WANT THAT.  SO MANY SPOTS WHERE YOU COULD ACCIDENTLY JOIN IF YOU WEREN'T ULTRA CAREFUL.   I RARELY SHOP AT AMAZON.  I GOT A $30 DISCOUNT ON THE PLAYER WHICH IS NICE.  I HOPE I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE IT.  YOU KNOW ME AND TECHNOLOGY......WE JUST DON'T GEL.

DEVONNE.......I LOVE YOUR EMBROIDERED MOUSE.  THE GRAY TAIL LOOKS GREAT.  I ADORE XMAS MICE IN PROJECTS AND HAVE A FEW WHS OF THEM WHICH ARE CUTE.  THOSE AND PENGUINS AND SNOWMEN ARE MY FAVORITES.

HOLLY......MANDA IS SMART TO DO POCKETS IN EMBROIDERY.  I THINK THAT IS A SWELL IDEA.

CHERYL......I SEE DEAN AND I WERE RAISED THE SAME......I LIKE CAMPBELL'S TOMATO AND CHICKEN NOODLE SOUPS JUST FINE IN A PINCH.  I ATE SO MANY OF THEM GROWING UP.
THAT ACCIDENT WITH THE BUS WAS TERRIBLE.  SUCH A TRAGEDY FOR THE FAMILIES.  

LINDA.......HOW ARE YOU DOING?

NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT.
I AM THANKFUL THE WOBBLIES I AM HAVING TODAY AREN'T TOO BAD SO I SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE THE BUNDIES.
I AM THANKFUL FOR A WARM APT WITH WINTER COMING ON SOON.
I AM THANKFUL FOR HOME DELIVERY OF SO MANY THINGS THESE DAYS, INCLUDING GROCERIES.
HAVE A GOOD DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (11/15/2023 9:38 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

11/15/2023 10:14 am  #30

=19.5pxGood Morning to everyone!  I love to read what everyone is doing, so nice to hear it all.  Sounds like most everyone is busy and keeping themselves tied up.  Most of the leaves are gone from the trees around here.  I am being lazy this morning. It is 8:08 am.  Will likely take a nap later.  Got up a little earlier than usual.  Have done my exercises and have poured my coffee, so am on my way to the usual thing (nothing)!!

It is pretty cold out this morning, only 35* so will stay inside!  Frank is coughing so should likely take him some coffee.  His cold is getting better, fortunately!  I have no plans for the day, will likely just lay around and do nothing!  Better go get the coffee for Frank, hope you all have a wonderful day planned.  Sending love and best wishes, BJ.

11/15/2023 12:29 pm  #31

[size=200]Sunny and 55 here. We just got home from lunch with the nurses. I got a huge chef salad, brought home most of it. Got gas on the way home, $3.05 at our corner. 

I’ve had Amazon prime for probably 20 years, it’s well worth it for us. 

Lunch leftovers for dinner!
[/size]

11/15/2023 12:43 pm  #32

It's been in the 50's this week.  I have to admit that I am enjoying no snow, for now.  There has to be snow by Christmas or it just isn't right, for me.

We have four bird feeders hung in the tree by the front window.  They sure are hungry.  No bears yet to tear them down.  That means they're hibernating already or have moved on.

This is the last week of deer season and it sounds like not many are successful.  The guy that hunts next to our property hasn't seen any.  We've had a couple walk through the yard but I think they're laying low.

Have a great day everyone!  Stay well.

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

11/15/2023 2:32 pm  #33

This country has become a huge welfare state….but mostly for those who don’t need or deserve it.  
Devonne, hope  your son gets what he needs.
   I read about that tragic bus accident.  Odd isn’t it how so often the person who causes the accident usually walks away from it?
   Holly, he has 4 and a car trailer.  That doesn’t include, his truck, the Rav and the new car, which by the way is in the same spot as the day we brought it home.  I think I mentioned that he bought a car lift (like you see at car shops) for our garage.  🤪They are supposed to install it next week.  
    Deer season is in full swing here.  The deer seems to know they are safe here and we currently have more than usual hanging out.
   It’s been quite cold here with temps below freezing over night BUT my dopey gardenia is still blooming ! 😊
the other 3 didn’t bloom this year at all. 🤷‍♀️
    I can’t remember the last time I/we had Campbell soup.  Definitely before we were married.the prepared soups are way high in sodium.    I make my own soup, usually pea (meatless) or rarely chicken.  I did find a no salt added prepared soup which I keep on hand, just in case.  In case of what? I don’t know. Lol
    I make my own marinara sauce too.  In a large batch and freeze it in dinner size containers.  I have a lot going now.  
    Sweet potatoes were 29 cents a pound this morning.  So I bought a lot of them.  I bake them whole and freeze them.

11/15/2023 9:09 pm  #34

Janet, you got that right, it’s a welfare state for the Uber wealthy, and it’s terrible. 
Tammy posted on COF that she was gifted a quilt, I assume by the COF people, I don’t know if Carol was involved. 
Yams here were 5 lb bags for $2.49 or so, I bought two bags. 

11/16/2023 5:40 am  #35

Regarding sweet potatoes…when I checked my receipt I saw that I was charged 1.29 per pound.  😡

11/16/2023 8:15 am  #36

JANET......ONE SHOULD ALWAYS CHECK THEIR RECEIPT.  ONE TIME I BOUGHT SOME CHEESE AND THEY CARGED ME $55 AND CHANGE FOR IT.  AN EXTRA $50 ON MY GROCERY BILL.  I THOUGHT IT WAS HIGH AT THE CHECKOUT SO REALLY CHECKED IT OVER.  THEY GAVE ME BACK MY REFUND IN FULL, EVEN DOUBLE BACK FOR THE COST OF THE CHEESE ( WHICH I KEPT, OF COURSE).  IT HAPPENS.

PATTY.........I AM GLAD YOUR BIRD FEEDERS HAVE BEEN SAFE LATELY.  WE USED TO HAVE TROUBLE WITH THE DEER COMING THRU THE YARD AND HELPING THEMSELVES.  WITH THEIR LONG NECKS AND THE ABILITY TO STAND ON THEIR HIND LEGS SO EASILY, THEY MADE EASY MEALS FROM THE FEEDERS.

OUR LINDA IS NOT FEELING TOO GOOD LATELY.  SHE WISHES YOU ALL WELL BUT IS NOT ABLE TO COME HERE HERSELF.  I KEEP IN TOUCH BY PHONE.  PLEASE SAY A FEW PRAYERS FOR HER AND SEND ALONG GOOD THOUGHTS.  SINCE WE BOTH HAVE WOBBLY HEADS SOMETIMES, WE COMMISSERATE TOGETHER.  HOW ABOUT A FLOOD OF GET WELL CARDS?  IF ANY NEED HER ADDRESS, PM ME AND I WILL SHARE IT.

ANOTHER COLD AND SUNNY DAY HERE.  I AM STILL FEELING A BIT OUT OF IT BUT MUST CARRY ON.  I HAVE TO RE-DO A BATCH OF BUNDIES FOR MY DAUGHTER.  I FORGOT ONE OF THE INGREDIENTS AND IT MADE A DIFFERENCE IN THE FLAVOR I'M USED TO.  THAT MEANS A BATCH FOR HER TODAY AND THEN ONE FOR MY SON TOMORROW.  SINCE SHE'S NOT COMING TIL TOMORROW AFTER WORK, I MAY BE ABLE TO HAVE THAT BIG POT OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP DONE, TOO, SO SHE CAN TAKE SOME HOME.  I WILL BE MORE CAREFUL ABOUT THE INGREDIENTS TODAY.  I BLAME THE FAULT ON NOT FEELING UP TO PAR AND TRYING TO RUSH IT SO I COULD REST SOONER.  ONE MUST NEVER TRY TO RUSH PERFECTION. LOL.

I ORDERED STAMPS ONLINE ON NOV 5TH. USUALLY THEY ARRIVE BY THE 3RD DAY THE LATEST.  THIS TIME IT TOOK TIL NOV 15TH, YESTERDAY, 10 DAYS.  MY PACKAGE WENT ALL AROUND THE BARN BEFORE ENDING UP HERE IN MY MAIL BOX.  NEVER HAPPENED LIKE THAT BEFORE.  I WATCHED ITS TRAVELS ONLINE.  IT MADE A FEW STRANGE STOPS ALONG THE WAY.

ON ANOTHER SAD NOTE, I LOST $4.5O AT BINGO LAST NITE.  THE GOOD NEWS IS OUR SLOWER PERSON WON 3 TIMES.  SHE WAS ALL SMILES.  AND THEN ANOTHER NEIGHBOR CAME BY AND GAVE ME A CINNAMON MUFFIN, A PIECE OF COFFEE CAKE, AND A FEW POTATOES.  I AM RICH WITH THOUGHTFUL FRIENDS.

I WISH YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGDS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (11/16/2023 8:29 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

11/16/2023 10:40 am  #37

Good Morning to everyone!!  I just love to read what everyone is doing, it's so interesting.  Frank had a terrible night, coughed a lot and called me to come in, I stayed about a half hour.  He just coughed so badly.  Finally fell asleep, but still coughed a lot throughout the night.  But he is up this morning and wanted coffee, so took him a cup.  Not sure what is going on today, it is so still outside, everything is covered with frost.   It is 32* right now.

I have no plans for the day, will just take it easy, as usual.  Don't  think I will do anything.   Have no ambition!  The sun is out bright so looks very pretty outside.  I'm going to sign off, sending love and best wishes your way, BJ.

11/16/2023 10:54 am  #38

So I went to the grocery store and they refunded me the difference on the sweet potatoes.  They charged me 1.79/pound not 1.29 like I thought (should wear my glasses more often) but it should have been 29 cents.  Big difference.
   I sent Linda a card a few days ago.  Sorry to hear she’s doing so poorly.

11/16/2023 2:57 pm  #39

Yikes!  Took me a coon's age to catch up reading...but well worth it.   Why?  because were doing the computer switcheroo.  Right now, I'm on the Chromebook that I was using as it turned out, temporarily.  We decided to get me another laptop and Howard is in the process of setting it up.  So, once again, if I'm missing, that's why.  

Sorry Linda is feeling so punk.  I will get a card out to her.  I have her address since it hasn't changed.    I hope this is a temporary thing and she'll be better very soon.  

We forgot about all the perks for veterans but would not have taken advantage of them anyway since there was a special celebration at our church just for them and spouses (which we have attended in past years).  It was very nice, a good meal and good entertainment and good fellowship, plus many accolades and special remembrances.  Also, three vets received Quilts of Valor, which was something new  (to this celebration) this year.  We go home at 8 something and it seemed like midnight!  

This is a busy week.  I had a dental appt. on Tues., Bill had his hernia surgery yesterday, so I spent some time at the hospital keeping ML company, and Howard had lunch with Dave today.  Tomorrow is our bi-monthly Bible study group.  NOT HERE!    But I'm making dessert:  Apple nut cake.  Easy-peasy, since I no long peel the apples and well received because for an easy recipe, it's quite good.  A can of Reddi Whip tops it off.  

It's 65 degrees here today--supposedly the last of these warm days.  Sunny, quiet and pleasant.  I also like Campbell's canned tomato soup.  Howard wouldn't touch it and even adding a grilled cheese wouldn't be supper to him.  But, he eats all leftovers sometimes more than once!!  

While Howard was gone, I called his ex, Jane and we caught up.  Our mutual great grand baby will be one on Dec. 16th.  There's a b.d.party where they live in Pendleton, IN (near Indpls) and she wants to come so bad.  Lives in S. Alabama, so the weather will factor in or whether she comes or not.  Last Saturday, Howard's grandson Joshua got married in Pendleton.  We saw Facebook pics, thanx to ML but weren't invited.  Neither was Jane.  And, I don't think David, Joshua's father, was either from the sad and bitter memes he put on Facebook.    So it goes-- on and on and on...

Was nice to read all your doings and goings on which I won't comment on but I did so to myself, as I read.
Bill had 5 hernias instead of the 3 they thought.  He's doing well, sore and a bit swollen. 
Off to carry on.  Have a good evening and sweet dreams.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (11/16/2023 3:05 pm)

11/16/2023 8:04 pm  #40

I had Sadie Grace today. Emily was off & she went to Gary's appt. with him. I've been to his last 4 appts. while she was at work. I got up at 7 am and worked on the house & did a load of laundry before they got here. She and I put my small Christmas trees on the hearth & all the decorations. It's finished, so I can now start wrapping presents. Looks so pretty and Christmasy!

Today Gary had his appt. with the Cancer Institute. His red blood cell count is very high. The white is not as high, but is elevated. He's goes back on Dec. 4th to check for blood cancer. Today Emily said the paper they got said "myeloproliferation." I have no clue what that means. I do wonder if this is why he is feeling so fatigued. 

I have sent Linda a card; also a card to Marilynn. Prayers they both feel like coming back soon.

Judy, congratulations on your new laptop. When brand did you get?

Patty, do you know anything about Finland, MN and why the people left so quickly and the town was abandoned? I know it's an old military radar base station that I think was closed in 1980. There is so much speculation about what it was used for and contamination of the water is stated as the reason why everyone left so abruptly. I also read the grounds were contaminated. There were cars left there, clothes, furniture, etc. The company didn't even come collect all their propane tanks. There are 43 houses still there. Such a very interesting YT video and more history of the US I didn't know about!

Holly, I made 3 blocks for Tammy's quilt. She has been thru so much with her divorce and the death of her son, Byron. I couldn't say anything here about the quilt because Tammy comes here and reads sometimes, lol! Carol was involved, but I don't remember who put the quilt together. Carol & Lisa Hart put together the quilt for Bonnie Minor (Bingo Bonnie that loss her young daughter). 

Last edited by DownSouth (11/16/2023 8:11 pm)

D e v o n n e

Board footera