OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/28/2023 7:37 am  #41

Re: ODT SEPT 24 ~ SAT SEPT 30

Marylou, I'm glad you made it to Lynn's house before the cold weather sets in. Have a safe trip home and tell your brother we said thank you.

I need to vacuum, but neither one of my Dysons are working. The roller won't rotate on the big ball one and on the cordless one, it quits when you start to vacuum. Greg said he thinks he has a Hoover he can give me. If not, Amazon has two Prime days coming up Oct. 10 and 11. I'll use the Roomba until then. 

I'm back in the sewing room. I'm finished with Sadie Grace's tee shirts, but I can't find any designs to put on Caleb's shirts. May do a Mickey Mouse design and look to buy another design for him.  I can find lots for a girl, but not much for a young boy.

Trish, Covid put him in bed for a few days but he is starting to feel better. 

Cheryl, there are so many Jessi Townsend on FB, I didn't know which one was her, lol. 

Last edited by DownSouth (9/28/2023 7:45 am)

D e v o n n e

9/28/2023 8:29 am  #42

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope you are all doing well.  Thank you so much for the ones who made their prints larger.  Makes it so much easier to read and I really appreciate it, so thank you again!!!

It has been raining here, not so right at the moment.  Still a little dark but lighting up a bit.  I got up early as Frank has to be ready for a Dr. appt. and needs to take a shower before he goes.  Rhonda just called to tell me he needs to take his chair into the shower, she forgot to put it there, so told him.  Not sure that did any good, but he'll survive.  

Don't have much to say this morning, so will just sign off, wishing you all well and hope you all have a lovely day, BJ.

9/28/2023 9:14 am  #43

Devonne, I used to get frustrated trying to buy Eddie clothes when he was little. Seemed like everything was sports logos! I had and have no wish to financially support millionaire sports figures and teams. I stuck to cars and dinosaurs. 

Trish, those steak prices are way out of my league. I got the feeling that they were paying for atmosphere. 

Janet, that’s great that you have a lunch buddy. We have two groups that we meet with once a month each, nurses and teachers. 

Trish and Cheryl, it’s almost 12 years since my BFF Sam died, and it’s still hard. We emailed or talked almost every day, and her dying left a big hole in my life, so I understand how both of you feel. My other two friend from high school didn’t live til age 60 either. 

9/28/2023 10:25 am  #44

MARYLOU......GLAD TO HEAR LYNN IS COPING AND THE MEDS SEEM TO BE WORKING FOR HER.  I AM SURE SHE IS WORN TO A FRAZZLE BY NOW AFTER THE TREATMENTS.  GIVE HER A HUG FROM ME.

DEVONNE......WHO WOULD BELIEVE BOTH DYSONS ARE ON THE BLINK.  AT LEAST YOU HAVE THE RHUMBA.

DUMMY ME, I THOUGHT I TOOK OUT STEAK TO DEFROST.  DID NOT READ THE PACKAGE BUT IT LOOKED LIKE STEAK.  FOUND OUT TOO LATE IT WAS STEW BEEF.  THAT MEANS I NEED TO MAKE A POT OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP TODAY.  THE BEEF IS SIMMERING FOR THE NEXT 2 HOURS OR SO TO GET TENDER BEFORE THE NEXT STEPS.
SINCE I DID NOT TAKE OUT STEAK, I COOKED 2 HAMBURGERS INSTEAD.  I HAD THE GROUND BEEF OUT FOR MY PIZZA.  I ONLY HAD ONE WITH A PICKLE.  I USUALLY EAT 2.  I LOVE MY HAMBURGERS.
I THEN PULLED OUT STEAK TO DEFROST SLOWLY IN THE FRIDGE FOR ANOTHER DAY.
WITH A BURGER LEFT FROM LAST NITE I CAN EITHER EAT ONE FOR LUNCH OR SOME TUNA. THE OTHER HALF LB WILL BE USED FOR PIZZA TOPPING.  I WILL WORK THEM INTO MY EATING PLAN TODAY.
DEFROSTED SOME FROZEN PIZZA DOUGH TO MAKE PIZZA TODAY MAYBE LATER TONITE.  LOTS OF FOOD PLANNED.

I CALLED AT BINGO LAST NITE.  WE HAVE A NEW PLAYER, ONE THAT MOVED IN RECENTLY.  THANKFULLY SHE WON ONCE SO SHE MAY COME AGAIN.  WE HOPE SO.  AS FOR ME, I LOST 75 CENTS.  AT THIS RATE I WILL BE A PAUPER SOON.  LOL

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY BUT STARTED WITH THICK FOG THIS MORNING.  I AM GLAD IT CLEARED OFF EARLY.
HAVE A GOOD DAY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/28/2023 10:34 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/29/2023 7:03 am  #45

GOSH, NO ONE POSTED SINCE MINE YESTERDAY.  EVERYONE MUST BE BUSY.

I MADE THE VEGGIE BEEF SOUP AND SHARED AND THEN I MADE MY HOMEMADE PIZZA WITH PEPPERONI AND SAUCY GROUND BEEF AND SHARED THAT AS WELL.  IF I HAVE TOO MUCH FOOD AROUND I FEEL I HAVE TO EAT IT BEFORE IT GOES BAD SO BEST TO GET MOST OF IT OUT OF THE HOUSE.  AND, YES, IT FEELS GOOD TO SHARE WITH OTHERS HERE.

MY NEW CABLE REMOTE HAS BUTTONS DIFFERENTLY PLACED SO IT TAKES A BIT OF GETTING USED TO.  I KNOW I WILL REMEMBER SOON WHICH IS WHICH AND SOON BE ABLE TO FIND THE RIGHT ONES IN THE DARK LIKE THE OTHER ONE.  BUT IT SURE WORKS A TREAT.

NOT MUCH MORE TO REPORT.  ITS A CLOUDY DAY SO FAR WITH HEAVY FOG THIS MORNING.  I NEED TO TAKE OUT MY TRASH LATER AND MAYBE CLEAN THOSE UPPER CABINET DOORS BUT WITH AN ACHING RIGHT KNEE, IT SORT OF PUTS THE KABOSH ON DOING THINGS.  MY EXERCISES ARE NOW RELEGATED TO ARMS AND HANDS FOR NOW.  I ADMIT TO BEING LAZY YESTERDAY BUT EATING WELL.  I STEPPED ON THE SCALE AND I AM DOWN TO WHERE I WANT TO STAY SO THAT'S A GOOD THING.  LIMITING MY INTAKE WORKS FOR ME. I AM ALSO DRINKING MORE WATER.  ANOTHER GOOD THING.

I HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/29/2023 7:12 am)

9/29/2023 8:45 am  #46

I am quite busy.  I am co chair of our upcoming quilt retreat.  There are so many looose ends to tie up.  I used to do these in NY, usually at big resorts or hotels who basically took care of everything once you told them how many quilters.  But with this place you have to take care of everything.  Thee are 5 on the committee and only 3 of us do everything.
   I ordered a new Horn sewing machine table and it’s being delivered Tuesday so now I have to rearrange my studio and clear a path for them to get it in.  This come right on the heels of me reorganizing my stash, etc and getting my things ready for retreat.  🤪. I’m not really complaining.. I’m the one who will benefit. 
   And we have begun shutting down the pool and getting it ready to close.
DH wants us to a race car event the week before my first retreat.  We would get home two days before.  A week after I get back from that retreat, I’m going to another. 😳.  Oh, I almost forgot, DH’s friend is coming  next week for a few days. 
   Labor Day through early Nov is always our craziest/busiest time. 
  Well, gotta run 🏃‍♀️.  I’ve already been to the gym, the dump, the grocery store and CVS and finished breakfast.and it’s only 10:15,  I’ve been taking lessons from Theresa, lol.

9/29/2023 9:08 am  #47

Janet, is the retreat thru a guild? Congrats on the new sewing table!

It’s going to be another rainy day here, in the 60’s. Ralph called the boro because he had a huge amount of electronic recyclables, and they picked them up this morning. Probably half a pickup truck’s worth! 

I had two goals yesterday. To finish my library book, Welcome to Beach Town by Susan Wiggs, which was pretty good, I’d label it women’s fiction. And to do the last six rows of Meadow. I got both done! Today’s goal is to put a border or two on Meadow. 
Steph got home to Beaverton late last night. She had to go thru Sea Tac, as usual. 

9/29/2023 9:28 am  #48

Good Morning!!  It is a lovely day here, but cold, only 46*, so I'll stay inside, for sure!!  Have no plans for the day, Tracy will be here tonight, I'm really looking forward to seeing her.  No appts. today, so that's a good thing.  The wind is really blowing up high, but not a leaf is stirring down low, strange!!

Well, I have nothing to say, so will just sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, sending love and best wishes to all, BJ.

9/29/2023 10:23 am  #49

Holly- the first retreat (Halloween weekend) is for Guild members only, limited to 24.
And for the first time offered as either 3 days or 4. Which of course added to the confusion and additional planning, etc. This will be the 4th or 5th year.
The second one is new to me. It is not tied in to any guild. It’s 5 days and about 2 hours from here. Looks like a great place. Since I don’t drive that far DH said he would take me and pick me up since I don’t know any of the other attendees. BUT I was able to get a friend from here to go, and she loves to drive. Lucky me!
Then my next retreat, sponsored by another guild I belong to but never go to their meetings, is 5 days in January. When I started to go to it, I had to join the guild, no big deal. The first year I went there was 54 and I didn’t know anyone!
And then after that (March) is my small group that rents a house for 3 1/2 days in NC. We’ve been doing it for 6 years….same group…
And every other year, the VA Symposium of quilters is held. This is 3 days of workshops. Dry educational and fun. Last time there were 110 plus 10 nationally know teachers and speakers. This year there were 120 signed up in less than 24 hours after sign up was announced. I heard that there are now 125 attendees and signup is still open. This is in May? Not sure, I’ll have to check.
😊

Last edited by tricia-anne (10/01/2023 2:23 am)

9/29/2023 2:46 pm  #50

Janet, we can all learn from Theresa, lol! 

I've been to Walmart to pickup my prescriptions. I bought a Black & Decker compact iron for $10.36. It looks really nice. I want to try applique work on my emb. machine and I needed a compact iron for the fabric pieces. It will be my first time trying this. 

I met Gary and Sadie Grace at Zaxbys for lunch. Gary said E's parents sold their golden doodle. They thought they bought a mini, lol. It was too much for them to handle. 

Gary recommended a Spiderman design for Caleb and I found one for free on the internet. 

I blew it big time yesterday. I had an emotional eating day. The Pepperidge Farm Sausalito cookies were so good. I had enough carbs for a week!

Last edited by DownSouth (9/29/2023 3:12 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/30/2023 4:55 am  #51

Looking forward to turning the clocks back.

9/30/2023 6:44 am  #52

DEVONNE.....I HOPE THE LITTLE IRON WORKS OUT FOR YOU.  I'VE SEEN THEM USED ON QUILT SHOWS AND THEY LOOK VERY USEFUL AND HANDY.

JANET......IT LOOKS LIKE YOU WILL BE A BUSY BEE WITH QUILTING THINGS NOW.  I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOURSELF.

NOTHING EXCITING HAPPENING HERE.  ITS A SUNNY AND CLOUDY DAY HERE, A BIT OF BOTH. NO RAIN EXPECTED THOUGH.  TEMPS SHOULD HIT 70 LATER TODAY.  FALL WEATHER IS HERE.
THAT'S IT FROM MY NECK OF THE WOODS.  DULL HERE.  PAINFUL RIGHT KNEE LESS PAINFUL TODAY SO I PLAN A TRIP TO OUR DUMPSTER TO GET RID OF MY TRASH.  
HAVE A GOOD DAY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/30/2023 6:46 am)

9/30/2023 8:39 am  #53

Devonne- I bought a B&D travel iron about 20? Years ago.  It has gone to every retreat I’ve ever been to…and is the best I’ve ever had.  It cost $7 then

9/30/2023 9:09 am  #54

=19.5pxGood Morning, not sure what is going on with my computer.  The keys are all caps unless I hold down the shift key!  It's really difficult, so will make this really brief.  Hope you all have a wonderful day, BJ.

9/30/2023 9:17 am  #55

Janet, the time change is late this year, early in November. 

I did a blog post with a picture of Meadow. I’m very pleased with it. 

Stuffed shells and meatballs for dinner, with the red gravy that Heather made. Broccoli on the side. 

Another cloudy, humid day. Starting tomorrow we should have a really nice week. 

I got the yarn pulled for the next Afghan, Coastal Ripple. And I finally watched all the Law and Order SVU episodes on Hulu.

Have a good day, all!

9/30/2023 11:59 am  #56

BJ, I hope you have a great day too!

Holly, it looks really nice! Another great job!

Janet, I've always heard B&D makes the best irons. I didn't want to pay the price for a Rowenta or Osilo. 

I've not felt really good today...have had a slight sore throat for a few days and sinus drainage for a month. Greg thinks the drainage is from acid reflux. He may be right. I'll probably take a nap after I do Caleb's Spiderman design.

My lawn guy just got here. This may be the last time for the year?

Sadie Grace asked me yesterday where was Sandy? I said she passed away. She said, "does that mean she died?" She's the cutest little girl! 

D e v o n n e

Board footera