OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/21/2023 9:10 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY SEPT 17 ~ SAT SEPT 23

Another nice day here!
I got a notice for jury duty in Oct. NP filled out the excuse form, now you have to scan it in and email it. Sent it 3 times from 2 different browsers, still didn’t show as received on the website. Called this morning, he found it, but it’s not accepted because the NP signed it, needs a physician signature. So I took the form and a note to the office, they will have the doc sign it when he’s in tomorrow, then I can resubmit. Even the jury mgt office doesn’t know why the NP signature isn’t enough. What a nuisance.

Trish, sigh, men! I know his SS# and pins, he doesn’t know any of mine. I enjoyed the pix on Facebook of your grandson! 

Today is Ralph’s 75th birthday! He had his breakfast with the Veterans, got a flu shot while we were at the doc’s office, and has a meeting of his prepper group tonight. 

9/21/2023 11:45 am  #42

Afternoon y'all! 

Quiet on the board today! 

Holly Happy Birthday to Ralph! 

Trish congratulations to your Grandson! 

QB just one day at a time!  So happy things are getting better! 

Not much happening here.  Went to see mom, to Kroger for carrots, to the hearing place to finish off paying the hearing aids! Then I went for my walk.  Sliced the carrots while the soup was heating up, and got it to a good boil!  Lunch and will go pack.

We are going to Columbia today and back tomorrow.  Need to clean the lawn and claim more stuff from the house.  Just a few papers left and then the boxes of pictures.  Dad has a Kodak Carousel slide projector, so lots of slides.  No clue where to store them.  May put them in "order" and get them on discs.  Then get rid of the system.  First I need to get them out of the closets, and then here! If I light a fire under myself I can get it done before the Estate people start working on the house.  LOL! 

Nothing else exciting need to go get packing done.  Hubby is doing a tour at Truist Park today.  Took a day off to do this tour.  He is doing it for a friend of the family that works with some kind of facility for older folks.  She wanted to take them on the tour, so hubby is doing it!  
Later my Friends! 

9/21/2023 11:46 am  #43

Diana, that's a good idea to keep Elmer in the hospital until he has the procedure done. I know you're worried. Hugs!

Sandra, glad this tooth episode is behind you! Yes, I am doing all the painting by myself. Today I painted the table.  The top needs 2 or 3 more coats, but I'm quitting for now. I'm not climbing a ladder. I am improvising, lol. I lean the cabinets, one at a time, on my design wall so I can reach the top shelf. The fleece on the wall helps protect the wall.

On the wall to the left of the window, I'm going to push the table all the way back against the wall. This will give me a lot more floor space. There will be one cabinet on each side of the table. The right cabinet will be for embroidery since it's closer to my machine. I bought an extension cord and another outlet at Dollar Tree this morning so I can plug everything in (I had to go get paint at SW and a paint brush at DT, lol). I highly recommend SW's sample quarts if you only need a little paint. They only come in a satin finish, but it cost me less than $6. The extension cord is so I don't have to crawl under there and unplug my iron everytime I use it. The cabinets are easy to move around, as I'm using the round furniture movers. Whoever created those is a genius!

I need to rest and do my nails before dinner with a friend. I only got 5 hours of sleep last night. The sinus drainage is keeping me awake. I need to elevate my bed more.

Holly, it's the same with a handicap decal here...has to be signed by the doctor.

Last edited by DownSouth (9/21/2023 11:57 am)

D e v o n n e

9/21/2023 4:15 pm  #44

Devonne, my NP was able to sign the handicapped form, guess the DMV and the courts have different rules. 
Theresa, Ralph bought a device from Amazon to put the slides onto a flash drive, then he can get rid of the slides.

9/22/2023 6:57 am  #45

DEVONNE.....IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A GOOD PLAN FOR PAINTING AND REDOING.  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.  
YOU HAVE BEEN SO BUSY WITH YOUR EMBROIDERY YOU HAVE KNOCKED MY MOJO INTO STARTING GEAR.  I HAVE CHECKED A PROJECT I NEED TO FINISH AND HAVE THAT LINED UP AT MY SEWING MACHINE.  I GAVE MYSELF UNTIL MONDAY TO BEGIN MY ROUTINES.

YUP, I AM FEELING GOOD NOW.  THE TOOTH/GUM PAIN HAS FINALLY STOPPED.  I STOPPED THE MEDS LAST NIGHT.  I HATE TAKING PAIN MEDS UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NEEDED. I HAVE THE GARGLING DAILY ROUTINE IN THE WORKS.  I GARGLE 4 TIMES A DAY FOR NOW AS INSTRUCTED BY DENTIST. 
MY NEW DAILY ROUTINE INCLUDES MY NEW EATING PLAN SO I CAN KEEP OFF THOSE POUNDS I LOST.  I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER WITHOUT THOSE EXTRA POUNDS.  MOVING EASIER.
ALSO MY HALLWAY LAPS AND ARM AND LEG EXCERCISES WHICH I STARTED ALREADY THIS MORNING.
I WANT TO DO THE SIT AND FIT ROUTINES FOR A HALF HOUR EACH MORNING AS WELL BUT PLAN ON STARTING THAT AT LEAST ON MONDAY.  I RECORDED AND SAVED THE ONES ON TV MAINLY DEALING WITH BALANCE.  THAT'S A TOP CONCERN OF MINE.
I ALSO ADDED ONE HOUR DAILY FOR HOUSE CLEANING OR STRAIGHTENING UP ALONG WTH AN HOUR AT MY SEWING PROJECTS DAILY. I HOPE I CAN KEEP UP MY GOOD IDEAS BUT YOU KNOW HOW THOSE THINGS WORK.....OR DON'T.  WE SHALL SEE.  PLEASE SEND YOUR POSITIVE THOUGHTS MY WAY THAT I WILL KEEP AT IT.

A NEIGHBOR DROPPED BY YESTERDAY.  CONNIE IS A GEM AND SETS UP MY BINGO WORKINGS EVERY WED. NITE.  SHE IS EAGER FOR ME TO COME BACK TO CALLING BINGO.  CONNIE HAS A VERY STRICT DIET SO I CANNOT SHARE MY FOODS WITH HER BUT YESTERDAY I GAVE HER THE CHERRY TOMATOES I GATHERED, ABOUT A DOZEN (THE ONLY KIND SHE EATS), AND GAVE HER MY BLUE BUTTERFLY WH TO HANG ON HER DOOR.  SHE ALWAYS ADMIRES MINE WHEN I CHANGE THEM AND SAID SHE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ONE.  SO NOW SHE DOES.

I HAVE SO MANY I WON'T MISS ONE.

MY SON SHOPS FOR ME THIS WEEKEND SO I HAVE TO EMAIL MY LIST TO HIM TODAY.   I DON'T KNOW IF HE'LL SHOP SAT. OR SUN. THIS WEEK.  I LEAVE THAT TO HIM.

ANOTHER NICE DAY WITH SAME LOVELY TEMPS.  I LOVE MAINE....FOR NOW ANYWAY BEFORE THE WINTER STORMS ARRIVE. 

I HAVE TO COPY MORE CASSEROLES AND 1-POT OR SKILLET MEALS ON INDEX CARDS FOR MY RECIPE BOX.  I HAVE BEEN GATHERING QUITE A FEW GOOD MEALS THAT WAY.  I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A FINE DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/22/2023 7:16 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/22/2023 8:41 am  #46

Sandra, you have Fall resolutions instead of New Year’s resolutions! Good luck with them! 

I put up a new blog post with a new pic of Meadow.

It’s nice now, but the weekend is supposed to be awful, rain and wind. We cancelled going to Heather’s for Eddie’s birthday. I don’t do well driving in the rain in the dark. Plus, Ed gets the opportunity for overtime in bad weather- he works for the electric company. We’ll go another day.

Looks like Janet and Linda will get the bad weather before we do. I have the weather channel on. 

9/22/2023 9:16 am  #47

I think Linda and I are far enough inland that we will only get light rain tomorrow and little wind.  That’s IF the weather guessers are right.

9/22/2023 9:17 am  #48

Good Morning, well, I'm dressed and made up and have done my exercises.  Took Frank his first cup of coffee.  Tracy will be here this evening and Rhonda will be here sometime to take Frank to get something for his foot, not sure what!!  

It's a beautiful day, only  49*.  The sun is shining, we're certainly low on rain, haven't had any, except for a few drops overnight a few times.  It is completely still outside, but so beautiful!!

Well, I don't have anything else to say, so will sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day.  Bless you all, BJ.

9/22/2023 7:30 pm  #49

I am so, so tired but I'm going to finish theses cabinets tonight. The last 3 I was dreading, but they are Ikea cabinets and I could take out the shelves. I was able to reach all the way to the top without tilting them to paint. I have 12 shelves to paint, but those should go pretty fast. I am anxious to start bringing stuff back in tomorrow. My advice about Ikea furniture you have to put together...DON'T buy it!

I have taken numerous breaks today or I would be finished. I went outside at 7:30 and sat awhile, it was a super nice 72 degrees.

On a sad note, Carter has Covid and was picked up at school today. This is the 3rd time he's had it. 

Back to the paint brush! I am able to listen/watch? Netflix in here on my large monitor. I didn't know Season 5 of Virgin River was available, so I've been watching that. I pay for Netflix, but forget to go there, lol.

Last edited by DownSouth (9/22/2023 7:31 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/23/2023 7:12 am  #50

DEVONNE.......DID YOU FINISH YOUR PAINTING LAST NITE?  YOU'RE SMART TO TAKE RESTS WHILE DOING IT.  NO SENSE RUSHING.  WHEN ONE IS RETIRED, ONE HAS TIME.
SORRY TO HEAR CARTER IS SUFFERING WITH COVID ONCE AGAIN.  POOR CHAP.  I HOPE HE GETS OVER IT SOON.  THE YOUNG SEEM TO BE MORE RESISTANT TO THE WORST OF THE SYMPTOMS WHICH IS A GOOD THING.

MY MOJO IS BACK.  I HAVE BEEN CHECKING MY 'IDEA AND PATTERNS' BOX WHERE I PUT ALL MY SKETCHES AND ALSO SOME UNFINISHED BLOCKS I WANT TO GET BORDERED AND DONE.  I HAVE SEVERAL OF MY VICTORIAN LADIES WHICH I THINK I WILL MAKE INTO DOOR HANGINGS NOW SINCE I DON'T WANT TO MAKE A LARGE QUIT AND DON'T NEED ANOTHER SNUGGLER.  ITS PLENTY WARM IN MY APT.  
TODAY I WILL LOOK UP SOME XMAS MOUSE IDEAS AND SNOWMEN.  I ADORE XMAS MICE AND SNOWMEN.  I ALSO LIKE PENGUINS FOR XMAS. THEN THERE ARE OTHERS TO CHECK OUT LIKE DIFFERENT COTTAGES I CAN USE FOR WINTER SCENES, YOU KNOW JUST WITH COLORFUL COTTAGES, SOME PINE TREES AND SNOW AROUND THEM AND NOT XMAS THINGS.  I CAN USE THOSE MORE THRU THE SEASON, BEFORE AND AFTER XMAS.

LINDA.......I WATCHED VALERIE FROM LAST NITE ON QVC AND JOTTED DOWN THE XMAS CANDLE, SLEIGH,  AND A COTTAGE IDEA I MAY PUT TO USE.  SHE HAS SOME LOVELY STUFF ON QVC BUT I DO NOT BUY ANY MORE, JUST CHECK FOR IDEAS.  MY APT. IS TOO SMALL TO ADD ANYTHING ELSE AROUNDS, THAT'S WHY I STICK TO WH'S AND DOORHANGINGS.
I HOPE YOU ARE DOING BETTER TODAY.  I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE INTO ROASTING TOMATOES THESE DAYS, WHEN YOU CAN.

MY TO-DO LIST FOR TODAY IS SHORTER.  MY SON CAN'T SHOP TIL TOMORROW SO NO VISITING TODAY.  I MADE SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS LAST NITE AND THEY SURE WERE GOOD GOING DOWN.  I NEEDED SOMETHING WITH SUBSTACE. 
I NEED TO DO SOME LAUNDRY SO MAY POP A COUPLE LOADS IN TODAY AND AS USUAL ITS TRASH OUT THE DOOR AND INTO THE DUMPSTER.  ....AND CHECKING FOR ANY MORE TOMATOES.  OUR EVENINGS ARE GETTING COLDER, LOW 40S NOW SO A FROST IS COMING SOON FOR SURE.  THEN NO MORE TOMATOES.

THAT'S IT FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY LADIES.  I HOPE THOSE IN THE STORMY AREA AREN'T BADLY AFFECTED.  NICE DAY HERE.   I THINK ITS PETERED OUT QUITE A LOT.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/23/2023 7:24 am)

9/23/2023 8:04 am  #51

It’s been raining since midnight, and is scheduled to rain all weekend and into Monday.

We had a contractor out to look at converting our screened in porch to more of a 3 season one, with windows and a real floor. He said he’ll get back to me by the middle of the week with a price. 

I have soup in the crockpot, sort of minestrone with V8 as the liquid. 

9/23/2023 9:08 am  #52

Good Morning to all.  It is cool out this morning and still sort of dark but its only 8:03.  I went out with Elly this morning, but she took off and went to the neighbors, nothing I could do.  I'm ready to take a shower, but Tracy and Frank are both still sleeping so I'll just wait a bit.  Wish we'd get some rain as we are so very dry!   The grass has a few green spots but also lots of brown.

I don't have any plans for the day, but I'm sure Tracy has some, so will just wait for her to decide what we're going to do.  Well, I just heard Frank coughing, so I'd better run his coffee to him.  Hope you all have a wonderful day, sending love and best wishes to all, BJ.

9/23/2023 9:59 am  #53

I’m ordering a new Horn sewing table for my new machine. I’m thinking about getting a new chair as well….maybe the Horn chair? Anyone here have a chair they love?

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/24/2023 3:54 am)

9/23/2023 10:53 am  #54

Janet, the only recommendation I can make is if you get a chair with arms, get one where the arms fold up. Mine are inexpensive from Office Depot, but they serve the purpose. Greg paid a lot for Carter's chair. It's made by Steelcase. Check them out on Amazon.

Sandra
, I didn't finish last night. I forgot I had to flip both sides of the shelves to paint, so I had to wait until one side dried. It's all finished now. Waiting on the shelves to dry so I can put it all back together. I ordered a hanging thingie to put my stabilizer in. It will be out of sight on the inside closet door. Still don't know what to do with all my emb. thread. It can look rather messy on the wall, but that's probably where it's going.

Holly, that's a lot of rain! How nice that would be to have your screened in porch converted. Good luck with getting a good price.

I knocked my coffee cup over on my keyboard, so looks like I'm going to need a new keyboard in the sewing room. I tried typing this message there, but I got all garbage, lol. 

I am so hungry! Hopping in the shower and going to Chickfila. Another nice day here so I'll be sitting outside some more.

Last edited by DownSouth (9/23/2023 10:54 am)

D e v o n n e

9/23/2023 11:07 am  #55

Downsouth, I get all my contractors by asking brother Mike, who knows about everyone in the contracting world, so I know I’m getting people who will give me a fair price. If it comes out too much, I just won’t do it. The price of wood is sky high now, so we’ll see. 

9/23/2023 4:45 pm  #56

SORRY I AM LATE WITH THIS TODAY.  
SAN/DIANA.......WISHING YOU A HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY MORE TO COME.  HOPE YOU HAVE S GOOD DAY. 

Board footera