OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

8/31/2023 10:55 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY AUG 27 ~ SAT SEPT 2

We got very sad, yet not unexpected news yesterday. My sister's husband's brother, a man we've known for 50 years, passed away yesterday. 😢 He was diagnosed with aggressive inoperable stage 4 pancreatic cancer just 2 months ago.  It had already spread to his lungs at that point.  He was just 61 years old!😢  He was not a smoker, not a drinker.  He lived a very clean life, ran marathons, so we are perplexed as to how and why this occurred.

Our hearts are heavy! He faded so fast! He lost weight quickly,  lost any strength quickly, and it all happened so fast! But his suffering is over.

Scary to realize that by the time he had any symptoms, it was far too late! 😢

DS, oh, my!  I hope Gary gets that resolved soon!

QB, I'm so sorry about your tooth!  Ouch!

GAQ, I'm sorry your mom is being difficult.  You must feel pulled in multiple directions!

BJ, I'm hope Frank feels better soon and he is strong enough to return home.

Our weather suddenly turned cool and rainy this week, but it supposed to be mid 80s Saturday, then back to cooler weather.  It's as if summer is suddenly over!  However, we often have beautiful weather well into October,  so we shall see!😉

☎️ Seems the story of my life, so I'll say goodnight. 

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

9/01/2023 8:40 am  #42

Sorry for your loss, cancer is a terrible disease and pancreatic is one of the worst. Was it Mary Lou? Who lost a brother to it.

A gorgeous day, humidity is down, windows open. But starting Sunday a week in the 90’s is predicted, just as the kids go back to school. 

We had a last minute dinner with some of our cookie swap group last night at Olive Garden. It was so great catching up with them! 

My brother Mike asked what we were doing for the holiday. I said we’re retired, all days are holidays! 

I pulled the yarn for my next Afghan. Soft colors, it’s called Meadow and is another Attic24 free pattern. 

Happy September!

9/01/2023 9:18 am  #43

DIANE.....I AM SORRY TO HEAR THAT NEWS ABOUT A FAMILY MEMBER.  AND ONLY 61.  MUCH TOO YOUNG.  HUGS FOR YOU AND THE FAMILY.

JUDY.......SORRY IT WAS THERESA......I GUESS I SHOULD BUY A BLENDER.  IF FOR NOTHING ELSE, IT SHOULD WORK FOR CHOPPING UP ANY TOMATOES WHEN I MAKE SAUCE.  OR THE CANNED WHOLE TOMATOES I LIKE TO BUY AND THEN MASH FOR MY SAUCES. I ALSO LIKE TO ADD FRESH TOMATOES TO MY VEGGIE SOUP AND OTHER SAUCES AND THEY COULD USE A GOOD WHIZZING.  I WILL THINK ON IT.  I DOUBT I WILL BE MAKING MORE PIZZA SAUCE SINCE I DON'T PLAN TO KEEP MY GARDEN NEXT YEAR.  ITS GETTING TOO DIFFICULT TO MAINTAIN.

DEAR JUDY........HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND HOWARD.  I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY TOGETHER.  HUGS.

HOLLY......I HAD A SUBMERSION BLENDER BEFORE BUT ONLY USED IT ONCE IN A YEAR SO GAVE IT TO MY THEN DIL.  SHE COOKED MUCH MORE THAN I DID.  BUT THANKS FOR THE IDEA.

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE.  LAST NITE WENT DOWN TO ONLY 46.  BRRRR A CHILLY EVENING.  EXPECTINGS 60S AND 70S FOR A WEEK AND NITES IN THE 50S AND 60S NOW.  NO RAIN IN SIGHT.
I ROASTED THE LAST OF MY TOMATOES YESTERDAY.  LEFT A BUNCH ON THE FREE TABLE FOR OTHERS.  I REALLY HAVE ENOUGH IN MY FREEZER SO I WILL JUST GIVE THE HARVEST AWAY HENCEFORTH.  
NOTHING SPECIAL FOR TODAY.  I WILL FINISH UP SOME LEFTOVERS AND MAKE SOME FRENCH TOAST FOR SUPPER TONITE.  THEN ITS A POT OF CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP TOMORROW.  THAT SHOULD LAST ME AWHILE, THAT AND ANOTHER POT OF MASHED TATERS IS ON MY LIST TO MAKE.  I WILL CUT UP THE CHICKEN FOR SOUP FINER THIS TIME.  STILL BABYING THAT TOOTH.
STAY SAFE MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/02/2023 7:41 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/01/2023 9:27 am  #44

Good Morning to everyone!  It is only 59* outside this morning, pretty cool!  It is very cloudy and completely still!  I have no plans for the day, sounds like Tracy is getting up, think Elly went in her bedroom.  Not a good plan!!  She is up, tired as usual, getting some coffee going and then she'll feel better.

Have no plans for the day, went to see Frank yesterday, he's still in a lot of pain from the leg surgery, but realizes it was a good thing to do.  He'll be able to stand up soon.  Think he'll be in recovery center two more weeks, then he'll be coming home.  They have a bus that'll come to your home whenever and take you to doctor, that's really nice as I can no longer drive.

Well, Tracy just got up, so I'd better go and visit with her.  Hope you all have a really nice day.  Will check in tomorrow, sending love and best wishes, BJ.

9/01/2023 10:23 am  #45

Holly is right, I lost a brother to pancreatic cancer only 7 weeks after he was diagnosed.

David called me this morning to suggest I go visit them this weekend. He previously had thought he would be working all weekend but that has changed. I was seriously considering going until I texted Jessica and found out most of her family is sick. So I will wait to make that drive until a time I will be able to see everyone, maybe at Thanksgiving.

My guild doesn’t meet during the summer.  Our first fall meeting is next Tuesday and I’m really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, one of my favorite people in the group won’t be able to attend this year due to her husband’s poor health.

Last edited by Pvillelou (9/01/2023 10:24 am)

9/01/2023 1:19 pm  #46

Thank you, QB.  He dashed off to town this morning and came back with a dozen roses--ivory with pink edges.  They're beautiful   ML and Bill have asked us over for supper... We actually called our outing to Shipshewana (Amish land) on Wed.  our anniversary celebration.  With the four other couples, we had dinner at Das Esssenhaus, then saw a concert at the Blue Gate theater.  The Collingsworth Family.  It was quite wonderful, and with the intermission was 3 hours long.   Since Howard didn't have to drive, it was a carefree day and we were home by 10:30 due to the time difference.  Very tired, but happy...

Diane, so sorry to hear about your sad loss.  Like our friend, Beth, hard to wrap your head around it when it happens so quick.  You're like me, often  plagued by the tyranny of the phone!  
Devonne, that must have really worried you to see Gary being so sick.  Hope they can figure out which med.  Seems like the timing for you to come along was just right.  He needed someone with him or at least, nearby. 

It's gorgeous here, today.  Just like the day we got married on 9-1-78,  In Chicago, with ML and Howard's friend, Mark along as witnesses, which by the way, we didn't need.  Married by a lady judge in the huge courthouse that only took a few minutes.  All because I didn't want our application for a marriage license that was always published in the newspaper, with your name and AGE  there for all to see...due to my being older than Howard.  (seems rather silly, now after 45 yrs.)  He had a different reason--in this county if you were divorced and paying child support, you couldn't remarry, here, without your ex's permission.  He objected to that...for some reason??     As it was, in reality, and despite the court orders, he and Jane always worked out the financial stuff and the custodial parent, between themselves, cordially and without any acrimony and left the court out of it, to the boys' advantage and to theirs. I admired them for that.

He just left to buy gas.  WE didn't work anything out! about our going to buy tomatoes as planned.
I thought we'd go on our way to ML's for supper and he thought I should go with him right now.  Not ready and didn't feel like scurrying around while he waited, so I sent him (as much as you send Howard) on his way.  It's 3 miles. Will give him something to do.  

Mary Lou, maybe a later visit will be better anyway  with all the expected  holiday traffic this weekend.  And, of course, you don't want to run into illness. 

QB, i don't think it was me who made blender suggestions.  But, I was going to suggest an immersion blender, although I seldom use mine, either.   Find it a bit daunting to control, but do like the convenience of it.  Have a well-used  Oster  that's put away for now, because of limited counter space, so not handy.  If Howard gets on another smoothie binge, we'll get it out.  

Better go.  Things to do and am rambling, here...
Indy 

Last edited by indyanny (9/01/2023 1:43 pm)

9/01/2023 2:33 pm  #47

Afternoon y'all! 
Judy & Howard: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! 
Diane So sorry for your loss!  
Not as busy today!  Went to see mom, walked the park, to my little fruit stand for tomatoes, and home.  Started laundry, waiting on hubby to finish cutting the grass to do the last load!  
My MIL, sent bacon and ribs that we got today!  No more freezer room!  We kept one bacon out for BLT's tonight for supper and I will cook the last of the squash too! YUM! 
Things are moving fast on the lake. Getting emails and texts.  Sounds like Thursday will be closing.  Here's hoping!  
The closing is at 1 in the afternoon so I will probably come home Friday, unless it is quick.  The closing on this house was not quick.  It didn't help that the group in front of us, was late and did not have their stuff ready!  I also may just pack the car and go to the closing and head home.  Will depend on my mood!  They don't hand you a check anymore it is direct deposited into your account!  I like not having the stress of carrying a check that big to the bank!  
Hubby is going to Columbia tomorrow after he finishes the Braves tours.  We are fearful of storm damage to the lake and the house.  I think the neighbors would have called about the house, lake, not so much!  In theory this should be the last trip to the lake.  He is going to cut the grass while he is there, also the last time to do that!  Hubby will also cut mom's grass too!  Can't wait till I can put that house up for sale! 
Next to sell is the lake property, 2 lots, my lawyer needs to get that paperwork filed and on it's merry way!  Once he does that the for sale sign goes up! 
Weather today has been much cooler.  Opened windows this morning to let in some fresh air!  I could tell we did that.  Should be even cooler tonight and again the next night!  Looking forward to the cooler temps, wish they could stay, but alas we are in the south and we will get hot again! 
Nothing else exciting in my little corner of the world! 
Later my Friends! 

9/01/2023 3:48 pm  #48

Happy Anniversary Judy and Howard! 

Heather sent us pix of the kids in Lake George- the water is so clear! 

we both took naps this afternoon, and of course the house phone rang twice. One spam, one a reminder from his foot doc about his appointment. I don’t answer it if I’m napping, that’s what the answering machine is for.

We had leftovers for dinner, we had a few selections. We have one more nice day ahead, then a hear wave for several days. 

Tomorrow it’s 2 years since my nephew David’s suicide, so sad. Mental illness is such an awful thing. At least it’s more recognized now. 

9/01/2023 8:06 pm  #49

Diane - so sorry about the loss and so young. 
Judy - a very happy anniversary! 
Marylou - at least you'll go before Christmas...don't want you to get sick.
Sandra - made me sad you're giving up your garden, as I know how much you have loved it. It is a lot of work. We have a farmer's market on Mondays that's really close to my house, so I may only do flowers.
Holly - look forward to seeing your next afghan. I laid down to take a nap today, but it didn't happen. Couldn't go to sleep.
Theresa - I wondered if there was any damage in Columbia....hope not! You are right about us getting more hot weather...in the 90's a few days next week, but at least it's the low 90's!
BJ - Frank will be home soon. I know you miss him terribly. I wish I had your cooler weather. Hugs!

Today seemed like Thursday so I didn't put my trash can at the curb last night. Thank goodness they are coming later now so I got it out in time. How nice to be retired and no need to know what day it is, lol! 
I'm going over Greg's house tomorrow to get my embroidery machine. He got bottled water for me when he was at Costco. 80 small bottles for $8.99 is a good price. We're going back to Panera Bread again for lunch. We have free drinks there and we both have a gift card.

D e v o n n e

9/02/2023 5:25 am  #50

Diane - so sorry for your loss. 

9/02/2023 9:15 am  #51

Good Morning to everyone!  I am having my first cup of coffee, done my exercises!   It's a good way to start the day.  Nearly ready to take my shower.  Tracy is messing around in the kitchen, her Jamie will be here later with one of the girls and the other will come later.  He will mow the lawn, mostly dandelions!  It is very still outside, the trees are so still.

Well, I don't have much to say, so will sign off and go take my shower, will accomplish that much today!!  Hope everyone is well and doing a little bit, wishing you all well, BJ.

9/02/2023 9:34 am  #52

Sad anniversary today, it’s 2 years since my nephew David committed suicide. 

it’s our last nice day, we’re due for a week of 90+ temps starting tomorrow. 

I made us scrambled eggs for breakfast, then we went to Joann’s fabrics. They had the Caron one pound skeins on sale, so I spent a small fortune. Two ladies in the same aisle asked what I was making, so we were showing pix of our projects, a nice little conversation. 

Olive Garden leftovers for dinner! 

9/02/2023 1:31 pm  #53

MARYLOU.......I AGREE, STAY AWAY WHEN ANYONE IS SICK.  YOU DO NOT NEED TO GET SICK YOURSELF.  THESE DAYS YOU CAN CATCH A LOT OF BAD STUFF.
HOORAY YOUR GUILD IS GETTING TOGETHER AGAIN FOR FALL.  A LOT OF GUILDS DO THAT.  THEY DO HERE AS WELL.

HOLLY.....I AM SURE YOU WILL MAKE GOOD USE OF THAT YARN YOU BOUGHT.

DEVONNE......I HOPE GARY FINDS OUT WHAT MEDS ARE MAKING HIM SO SICK.  HE SURE HAD A BAD BOUT IN THE PARKING LOT.  GLAD YOU WERE THERE TO HELP.

JUDY......MY FORMER BLENDER WAS AN OSTER.  THEY MADE THEM TO LAST.  MINE LIVED 50 YEARS..
HOW NICE HOWARD GAVE YOU FLOWERS FOR YOUR ANNIVERSARY.  MINE USED TO DO THAT.  I MISS THE FLOWERS THESE DAYS.

MY SON SHOPPED AND I MADE A POT OF CHICKEN RICE SOUP.  SHARED WITH 3 NEIGHBORS AND MY SON HAD 2 BIG BOWLSFUL FOR LUNCH WHILE HERE.  HE GOT EVERYTHING ON MY LIST AND EVEN FOUND SOME FROZEN CLAM CAKES.  LUCKY THEY ARE FROZEN SO I CAN SAVE THEM FOR WHEN I CAN EAT THEM IN A FEW WEEKS TIME.
I HARVESTED MORE REGULAR AND CHERRY TOMATOES THIS MORNING AND LEFT THEM ON THE FREE COUNTER FOR THE NEIGHBORS.  THEY WILL MAKE GOOD USE OF THEM.
NICE DAY HERE.  ITS GOING TO BE NICE ALL WEEK LONG, 70S DAYS AND COOLER NIGHTS.  GOOD OLD MAINE, I LOVE IT.  I DON'T EVEN MIND THE WINTERS SINCE I AM RETIRED AND DON'T NEED TO GO OUT ANYWHERE IN BAD WEATHER.
MY SON FLIES TO ITALY TOMORROW.  HE SAYS THAT ITS REALLY SO BEAUTIFUL THERE THAT PICTURES JUST DON'T EVER DO IT JUSTICE.  YOU HAVE TO SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT.  NONETHELESS, HE WILL SEND ME PICTURES.  I GAVE HIM SOME CASH TO HAVE DINNER OUT ON ME ONE NIGHT.  HE'S GOING TO VISIT ROME, SICILY, SORRENTO, MOUNT VESUVIUS AND SOMEPLACE ELSE I FORGET.  OH, THE AMALFI COAST.  I KNOW THATS LOVELY.  I'VE SEE IY IN DOCUMENTARIES A FEW TIMES.  
STAY SAFE MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (9/02/2023 1:39 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/02/2023 2:06 pm  #54

Lost my whole post.  But wanted to thank  you for the anniv. greetings.  We had a nice day at home.  I gave up my tentative plan to go to the Mich. City Zoo that's only 15 miles away.  Was still worn out from the concert, etc. Wed.  Supper at ML's was nice--a Mexican casserole and lemon/blueberry cake for dessert.
Have a good evening and sweet dreams.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (9/02/2023 2:07 pm)

9/02/2023 5:09 pm  #55

My Apple watch shows I got 5 hours, 41 minutes of sleep last night. I need 8 hours of sleep to feel my best. I came home from Greg's house and slept from 4:30 to 6:00. 

Greg and I went to Mellow Mushroom instead of Panera Bread. They have really fresh salads and they have a salad dressing called esperanza I really like. 

I saw a recipe on You Tube for keto oatmeal pies like the Little Debbie ones. I'm going to try it next week. 

Jimmy Buffet died yesterday from cancer. He was 76. He got rich off Margaritaville. 

Last edited by DownSouth (9/02/2023 5:10 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/02/2023 10:44 pm  #56

Saturday September 2, 2023  9:25 pm

Prayers and hugs 🫂  everyone..

Hope you are all having a good weekend..

Just been  lazy days for me..  some days left leg is worse than  others..  some it just  does not  want to work  well,  I even had a few days of not really  able to  stand or walk, just  kind of dragging  it if I had to get to bathroom and  having folks help me get there..  good  thing I have been wearing diapers  for at least a year now.. 

Hope you are all having a good holiday weekend..

I finally  figured that I have to use Firefox  to get here..  and found the post spot..  I can't  get on ODT on Google,  it just keeps wanting to take me to so e spam alert ssite..  so I do not  click on it..

I try to be walking around  the house  each day as I can..  occasionally getting out with family for dr appointments or some shopping..  DD is going to order me some zippers  by the yard thru byannie.com it sounds like they have good ones for bags etc..

Eating a little  supper., not much since I threw up a bit ago,  upset tummy..  zucchini boiled and 'fried' potatoes with a sprinkle  of cheddar  cheese..

Prayers that you are all safe and health is improving  daily..

I will get on and chat more often now that we figured out how  to get me here and able to post..

Chat later folks..

Oh, has anyone  heard from others that don't get on often or don't  post anymore?

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

Board footera