OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

8/03/2023 1:39 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 30 ~ SAT AUG 5

Afternoon y'all! 
Holly me too!  I am sick of going to the lake.  We think we may have to cut the grass there one more time! UGH!  
QB I just plug away each day!  All I can do.  I pick one thing and follow it through.  Just like a quilt, one block at a time! 
Our current delay in closing is the Calhoun county Judge dragging his feet!  Eventually he will sign off on the paperwork!
I have not walked, looks like it will not happen.  Took mom and myself for an eye appointment.  Mom's prescription is way off, as I suspected. Mine is close to the same, but I'm getting new glasses so got the new prescription.  
My mom is a drama queen and pulled out all the stops today.  I made a joke out of it so she realized I was not falling for the drama.  Will she remember next time, who knows. 
Had to call again for the termite letter.  I guess it went to the black hole of emails!  I have it and it's printed!  Ready to go if we ever get to closing! 
I'm exhausted.  My mom can drain all the energy from a person.  I think my DSis was a saint in disguise for not up and leaving her! 
We are getting ready to have quite a storm, if radar is correct, so I may post without finishing, at any time.  I just unplugged my laptop.  Sometimes I am not thinking right! 
Rain has started and lightening alarms going off, also the sky is getting dark.  Glad I am home! 
Next on my plate for mom is to get glasses.  That will require help.  Sara has offered, I will take her to Americas Best and get them there, easy in and out, for all of us.  All we need is a chair for mom and she can sit and we will bring frames to her!  She will love anything Sara picks so it will really work out well!  Sara is the golden child of fashion in my mom's book!  
Luke is coming home tonight.  Will stay through Sunday.  He turned 23 yesterday!  So called and asked for a coconut cake.  I need to find my recipe, I know what book it's in at least!  LOL!  
Really should get off, thunder is getting closer and it's getting darker!  
Later my Friends! 

8/03/2023 3:41 pm  #42

We are under a severe thunderstorm now. Weather channel app said heavy rain in my area, but I haven't seen one drop yet, lol. Only thunder.

Went to Walmart to get my prescriptions and a few groceries. Got an eggplant to make eggplant pizza, a seeded watermelon, but mostly got cleaning supplies, detergent and dog treats. Oh, I did buy 4 tee shirts for Caleb and Sadie Grace to do some embroidery designs for them.

Theresa, I'm looking forward to the day you don't have to go back to SC. Is it difficult for you selling the house where you spent your childhood?

Greg bought a 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (electric vehicle). He still has his Tesla. He got it because of a $7,500 tax credit offered by the government. He's going to keep the Tesla for a few months to see how he likes the Bolt, then he will sale one of them. I'm driving him to Fort Payne, AL to pick it up Saturday. Fort Payne is where the group Alabama was from and where the main singer, Randy Owen, still lives. Billy & I went to his house and made our picture at his front gate.

Holly, a BLT sounds good for dinner. 

Sandra, that's a big win! Good for you! 

BJ, don't worry about replying to us individually. Just keep on posting what you do and how you and Frank are doing.

Last edited by DownSouth (8/03/2023 3:46 pm)

D e v o n n e

8/04/2023 9:30 am  #43

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE IN MAINE.  NICE WEATHER.  I AM SURE THE SUMMER VISITORS ARE LOVING IT ALL.
I HAD A GREAT CHECKUP.  ALL IS WELL.  NEXT APPT IN A YEAR.  OF COURSE, MY HEART DOC IS EVERY 6 MONTHS FOR THE CARDIOGRAM AND CHECKUP TO WATCH MY UV BLOCK.  I ALSO GOT MY LAB WORK DONE THERE.  

FEELING A LITTLE LIGHTHEADED TODAY FOR SOME REASON BUT THAT'S OK.  I ONLY PLAN TO MAKE BUNDIES THIS AFTERNOON AND MAYBE SOME HOMEMADE PIZZA TONITE.  THE TATER TOT CASSY IS ON THE SCHEDULE FOR TOMORROW MORNING.  I AM PLANNING ON PLEANUT BUTTER SANDS FOR LUNCH TODAY.

IT WAS NICE SEEING MY DAUGHTER AND GRANDDAU GINA.  THEY BOTH TOOK ME SINCE THEY BOTH HAD DAYS OFF.  MY DAU COMES IN WITH ME IN CASE I MISS SOMETHING THEY TELL ME.  WITH MY HEARING, SHE REPEATS THE CONVERSATIONS TO ME LATER IF I NEED THEM.  SHE ALSO PICKED UP A FEW THINGS FOR ME FROM DOLLAR TREE.  I BOUGHT THEM LUNCH AFTERWARDS AT CORSETTI'S ON THE WAY HOME.  ITS A FAMILY STORE WITH GOOD FOOD FOR TAKING HOME.  POPULAR.  I BOUGHT FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY AS WELL AS GIVING CASH FOR THE TRIP (GAS, WEAR AND TEAR ON THE CAR, ETC).  I NEVER WANT MY KIDS TO SAY I TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEM.  I HAD ONE OF THEIR MEATBALL SANDWICHES.   THEY GRILL THE SUB ROLLS.   SOOOO GOOD.

THAT'S ABOUT IT FROM ME TODAY.  NOTHING EXCITING HAPPENING IN MY LIFE.  I THOUGHT I MIGHT DO A BIT OF SEWING AGAIN.  I NEED TO FINISH MY DOOR HANGING OF THE PINK IRIS GARDEN.  ITS LAYING ACROSS THE BACK OF MY SEWING CHAIR AND I SEE IT EVERYTIME I GO IN THE BEDROOM. IF THE HEAD CLEARS, I WILL DO A BIT.  IF NOT, MAYBE ANOTHER DAY.

HAVE A GOOD ONE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/04/2023 9:34 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

8/04/2023 9:34 am  #44

Good Morning, thank you for the idea that I can post what I want when I want!  I really do try to write something new every day, but my mind is going fast and I can only try.  Tracy got here just as we were finishing dinner last night, it's lovely having her here.  She's so full of fun.

We're having a nice breeze this morning.  Sharon is coming this morning, not sure what she is doing but we'll find something.  It's 62* outside this morning.  Tracy is staying until Monday, then headed home, they are going camping next weekend.  It is east of us here, but I'm not sure how we'll get there, maybe we can get something so I can get in the truck, a step stool? Maybe!

Well, Tracy should be out of shower now, so I should go visit with her.  It's lovely visiting with you all each morning, wish I could be more entertaining, but we'll suffer along.  Take care, BJ.

8/04/2023 9:38 am  #45

It’s overcast and feels like rain. We went out to the MAC machine (ATM for anyone not from my area, LOL), the library, and Blair Mt. Biscuit Company for breakfast. 

Theresa, I wonder how long it will take not so DB to realize your mom has moved! 

8/04/2023 11:39 am  #46

Hello!  Not much entertaining from me either but I’ll tell you a bit about what’s going on in my life.

Lynn is doing pretty well with her chemo, only side effect has been tiredness. She is managing to work 2 or 3 half days each week. She is very pleased with her wig so that helps her mental attitude.

My niece who lives in Spain has a very small house so storage of the two little girl’s toys is a problem. Her mother (my sis-in-law) bought some fabric and asked me to make some draw string bags for some of their little things. I have all except one done, doesn’t take long.

We had a new member at yoga class last night. She is a few years younger than me but not able to do as much as I can, which is limited. After class she told me I am an inspiration to her!

David is extra busy this month with building some sets for the community theater and needing to take a week-long business trip. I was hoping to go for a visit soon but it won’t be for a while.

The woman that I have been helping learn to piece quilts is doing pretty well.  But she has very little confidence. Yesterday she called me from the fabric store for advice on choosing fabric for a border. It was difficult to help since I couldn’t see it.  I told her to get whichever one she liked best and she still seemed uncertain. I don’t know how to encourage her any more than I already have.

The couple that owns the house next door to me only lives there part time. They married only recently and both owned houses but in different towns.  The lot behind me is empty and most other neighbors have privacy fences. So sometimes I feel rather isolated. Would be nice to see neighbors when I’m outside.

Last edited by Pvillelou (8/04/2023 11:41 am)

8/04/2023 7:19 pm  #47

Marylou, that was a nice compliment the lady gave you. I'm glad Lynn is still able to work. Hopefully, you can go visit everyone soon. Does the couple next door go to Florida for the winter months? It seems a lot of people do that.

I cleaned the interior of my vehicle today. It looks so much better. First time I've cleaned it since moving here. It was hot in the garage, even with the door open, so I took a few breaks. Got the windows all sparkly clean.

Greg's check from the credit union for his new car still hasn't arrived. Pen Fed said they don't send checks out next day, even though he was willing to pay for the service. It's regular mail only. I think it will come tomorrow and we'll be going to Alabama. I really don't know why he did this, unless he has plans to sell the Tesla he just bought a few months ago. He said he's going to see how he likes the Bolt before he sells his Tesla. 

I had a dental cleaning this morning. She said my gums were puffy and I had inflammation. I went home with a bottle of medicated oral rinse. She said I didn't need an antibiotic. 

Last edited by DownSouth (8/04/2023 7:20 pm)

D e v o n n e

8/04/2023 10:09 pm  #48

Devonne, no, they don’t winter in Florida. Both are in their 50’s so are not retired. Ginger owns a house in a town about 50 mikes from here and that’s where they spend most of their time. Dennis owns the one next door to me. His son spent lots of weekends here while he attended college but has recently graduated and moved to California. Dennis and Ginger are only here occasionally. At first they considered making it an Airbnb, which would be handy for my out of town family, but decided not to do that. I won’t be surprised if they decide to sell.

8/05/2023 9:17 am  #49

AC is back on, the humidity started going up again last night and is awful today. 
I did a new blog post with a picture of Woodland Ripple in progress. 
No weekend plans here other than lunch with Frank and Charlotte tomorrow. As with most of you, our days are pretty much the same routine, weekends no different. 

8/05/2023 9:39 am  #50

MARYLOU......GLAD TO HEAR LYNN IS DOING PRETTY WELL WITH HER CHEMO.  ITS GOOD SHE IS PLEASED WITH HER WIG AND IT MAKES HER FEEL BETTER.  PRAYERS CONTINUE FOR LYNN.
NICE, TOO, THAT YOU ARE DOING A BIT BETTER AT YOGA THAN ANOTHER.  SHOULD MAKE YOU FEEL YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT.  GOOD FOR YOU.

WE HAD A T-STORM YESTERDAY.  I WAS LUCKY TO GET MY BUNDIES BAKED BEFORE THE LIGHTNING ARRIVED.  I DID NOT MAKE THE PIZZA THOUGH.  THE STORM MADE OUR POWER BLINK.  MINE WENT OFF IN THE LIVNG ROOM AND I THINK MY PUTER SINCE I HAD TO TURN IT COMPLETELY OFF AND THEN ON  AGAIN TO GET IT WORKING.  IN THE KITCHEN MY MICROWAVE CLOCK WENT OUT BUT MY STOVE CLOCK STAYED ON.  ALSO, MY CABLE BLINKED OFF FOR A FEW SECONDS.  IT HAD TO REBOOT ITSELF.  
MY SON SHOPS FOR ME TODAY.  I WILL PUT THE TATER TOT CASSY IN THE OVEN SO HE GETS TO TAKE SOME HOME. THE BUNDIES ARE DONE AND WAITING FOR HIM.

NOTHING MUCH TO REPORT.  LOVELY DAY TODAY AFTER THE STORM.  I NEED TO TAKE OUT MY TRASH BEFORE MY SON ARRIVES.  SEE YA.

HUGS, QB S 
PS.....I CAME BACK FOR SPELLING CORRECTIONS ONLY.

Last edited by quiltbea (8/05/2023 2:17 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

8/05/2023 9:43 am  #51

Good Morning to everyone!  It is 66* outside this morning at 8:36 am.  Very still, not a leaf is moving.  Frank is in shower, Tracy is trying to figure out what is wrong with coffee maker, apparently, Sharon put vinegar in it yesterday and didn't rinse it out!  What a mess, Tracy is rinsing and rinsing and it's still bad.  Not sure when I'll get a cup, if at all.  What a mess!!!

I think I had better run and visit with Tracy this morning, it's lovely having her here.  She'll go home Monday, then the next weekend they are going camping in a town east of us, Concrete.  We may try to go up to see them while they're there, not sure.  Frank is doing pretty well, but I have my moments.  I hope you are all doing well, BJ.

8/05/2023 11:43 am  #52

SHOOT! JUST LOST A LONG POST. WILL REWRITE SOME OF IT.

GLAD LYNN IS DOING SO WELL AND THE WIG IS WORKING FOR HER. WILL CONTINUE WITH Ts AND Ps FOR HER. WONDERFUL THAT SHE CAN STILL WORK SOME.

STARTING ANOTHER HEAT WAVE HERE. YUCK! HUMID TOO! YUCK! WANT SOME COOLER TEMPS AND LOWER HUMIDITY.

WHEN A FED EX DRIVER MADE A DELIVERY, SHE TOOK OUT HER CAMERA AND TOOK A PIX OF THE IMPATIENTS OUT FRONT. THOUGHT THAT WAS COOL THAT SHE LIKED THEM.

TODAY IS DGS#1'S 25TH BIRTHDAY. MAKES ME FEEL OLD. YOUNGEST GS HAS A BD LATER THIS MONTH. THINK HE WILL BE 18. MAILED A CARD TO GREAT, GREAT NEPHEW THAT WILL BE 4. WASN'T SURE ABOUT THE YEAR SO BOUGHT A CARD FOR 4 YO AND 5 YO. WILLS AVE THE 5 ONE FOR NEXT YEAR. 

THURDSAY, DS TOOK US TO DMV TO GET PHOTO IDs. DARRELL IS NOT HAPPY ABOUT FIVING UP DRIVING. HE HASN'T FOR ABOUT A YEAR. LONGER THAN THAT OF US NOT LETTINGH HIM DRIVE ON INTERSTATES.  HIS LICENSE WILL EXPIRE THE 7th OF EXT MONTH. MINE HAS BEEN EXPIRED FOR A WHILE. HAVE NEEDED AN ID FOR SOMETIME AND SOME THINGS.

BJ, IS THE COFFEE MAKER A KEURIG TYPE OR LIKE THE MU COFFEES? EITHER WAY, IT TAKES A LOT OF RUNNING THROUGH THE CYCLES. A WHILE BACK, DARRELL PUT VINEGAR IN THE KEURIG INSTEAD OF WATER. TOOK A LOT OF RUNNING THROUGH THE CYCLES TO GET IT OUT. DID A GOOD CLEANING THOUGH. USED VINEGAR TO CLEAN OUT THE OLD NORELLCO. IT WAS LIKE A MR COFFEE. JUST KEEP RUNNING WATER THROGH THE CYCLES UNTIL NO VINEGAR SMELL. CAN'T REMEMBER HOW MANY, BUT IT WAS A LOT FOR THE KEURIG. THE KEURIG HAS BEEN ACTING UP BEFORE THE VINEGAR INCIDENT, BUT IS FINE NOW. BYW, HE DRANK THE CUP OF COFFEE HE BREWED. GUESS THE NEXT CUP WOULD HAVE BEEN MADE WITH THE VINEGAR. LOL. GOOD LUCK WITH IT.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS................................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

8/05/2023 12:23 pm  #53

Oh yuck.  I just tried to submit so I didn't lose what I'd typed.  Didn't work so lost it anyway!
Sorry, that wasn't very nice...I'll try again.  
Our life is quite routine, EXCEPT FOR TODAY!  It's Mary and Curt's wedding day, finally.  At 4:30 with the reception to follow at the country club.  La Di Dah!  They are not la di dah people, just have the means to have it there instead of the church basement.  LOL  
Our wedding clothes are either new, (my dress) or washed and pressed.  I'm wearing the topper I wore to ML's wedding 28 yrs. ago.  She approved.  I loved it then and still do.  Thankfully, Howard fit into his suit coat and trousers that he hasn't worn in ages...and we didn't have to out and buy new ones which wouldn't get worn much, if ever.  And, to think, he used to wear a suit and tie every Sunday to church.  I'm glad things are casual, now, but of course, they're often too casual, IMHO 

Yay, that worked.  Mary Lou, I too am glad to hear that Lynn is doing pretty well.   I know it's no picnic.  Wigs can look like the dickens--I'm glad hers is a good one.   My friend, Bobbie call me last evening, distraught.  Her only DIL was Dx'd with cancer, yesterday.  I hardly knew what to say.  Beth has a girl just entering high school and a 10 yr. old son.  Maybe you'll have a neighbor to wave at if/when they sell that house...if they do.

It's lightly raining here which has made it quite cool outside.  Should have known it would rain on the wedding day!  Also, it''s the Chesterton Art Fair and it always rains, usually pours, every year.  So, the decision of my attending that was made when I heard the wedding date.  Not heartbroken.  I have too much "art" around here, already.  It is still on tomorrow, though, so we'll see.  (this changed to italics on its own)
Hope each of you have a good remainder of the weekend.  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (8/05/2023 12:39 pm)

8/05/2023 3:44 pm  #54

Sandra, hope Matt was able to get everything you need. If not, I know you have other options. 

Marylou, wouldn't it be wonderful if a couple your age moved in next door. I watch a lady on You Tube. She was wearing wigs way before she got cancer. I never knew she had on a wig. They look so real and she loves them.

Linda, you must be about my age. I'll be 74 in October. My GS will be 23 in September. It's sad when you can't drive anymore. I am dreading that time. I have to renew my license next year. I think I'll have to go in and get an eye exam. Doubt they let the elderly renew online. My handicap sticker expires in December. If I'm having a good day and my feet aren't bothering me, I don't park in the handicapped area. I can renew it online.

I went to get gas and a young man asked me if I had $2 or $3 I could spare. I normally don't do this, but he was getting gas so I gave him $3. I rarely ever have cash on me. Gas was $3.40 a gallon.

I'm going to make bratwurst for dinner. I've never bought it before. Hope I like it. I got something new in the freezer section called Zucchini Tots. I'll try those too. 

Judy, the wedding sounds really nice. Hope the rain holds off!

I need to get outside and pull some weeds in about 2 hours. I did some yesterday and hope to finish today.

BJ, I need to clean my Keurig with vinegar but you have to keep rinsing and rinsing it out with water. I hope yours started working. The vinegar staying in there might have ruined it, and you may need a new one. 

Holly, I'm headed to look at your blog.

I just called my sister. She is doing as well as can be. She doesn't talk so much about wanting to go home. They do have bingo night, but she never goes. She doesn't want to get "addicted again," even though it's free, lol. Melena dropped a heavy pot on her foot & can't drive right now. Her boyfriend (?) just passed away. He wasn't living with her, but she loved him. He had a heart attack.

eta: I always have to edit to make my font larger, lol. Just read if you're 64 years or older in Georgia, you have to get an eye exam.

Last edited by DownSouth (8/05/2023 4:01 pm)

D e v o n n e

8/05/2023 3:55 pm  #55

This is a picture of a dwarf crepe myrtle. I'm going to try and move it to another location this Fall. It has really dark leaves, like a dark purple. It blooms in July/August. I love how white the blooms are...looks like cotton. I have 3-4 bales of pine straw I'll put out later when it cools down. I need to get this finished before my lawn guy comes next week.

Last edited by DownSouth (8/05/2023 4:02 pm)

D e v o n n e

8/06/2023 11:48 am  #56

Good Morning, 
French toast and hazy sunshine. We bought a new hydrangea yesterday. It looks and smells like a lilac. Incredible!!! I got it planted last night and will water water water.  Have a lovely Sunday Tracy

Board footera