OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/28/2023 2:39 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 23 ~ SAT JULY 29

Holly, I also worked in the garage. Got everything off the floor, shelves still need some organizing. Used the blower & it looks so much better.

Sandra, I never made it clear that I think the pain in my arm is from that same neck muscle that gave me the headaches. Odd how my headaches disappeared & I got the pain in my upper arm afterwards. I haven't had a headache in years.

I've been cleaning off my kitchen countertops. I don't like them to be too cluttered. I listed my dining room set for sale. I want to get a smaller one, a round one. Used things don't seem to be selling very well so it's ok if it doesn't sell.

I only got 4 hours of sleep last night so hopefully I can fall asleep earlier tonight. Greg & Carter will be here tomorrow. 

BJ, I will gladly trade temperatures with you! It's 94 degrees right now, feels like 102.

Marylou, Cheryl and Carol...missing y'all checking in. We're not a big group anymore so I miss others that aren't here. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/28/2023 2:40 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/28/2023 4:20 pm  #42

AFTERNOON!

MAY HAVE TO GET OFF. LOOKS LIKE A STORM. WE HAVE HAD A SERVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING. GETTING DARKER AND THE WIND HAS PICKED UP. INDOOR/OUTDOOR THERMOMENTER GOT UP TO 97 TODAY. GOT UP A  FEW MINUTES AFTER 7 AM AND IT WAS 79 THEN. TODAY IS 3rd DAY OF OVER 90. TOMORROW MAY ONLY GET TO HIGH 80s. HOPEFULLY MID 80s NEXT WEEK. HOPE THE HUMIDITY WILL DROP.

HOLLY, THAT IS ANOTHER LOVELY AFGHAN.

HAD AN EYE EXAM TUESDAY WITH A REGULAR EYE DOCTOR. NEW Rx FIR BEW KENSES. HAVEN'T SHOPPED FOR THEM YET. THINKING OF NEW FRAMES.

NEWS JUST SAID OUR HEAT INDEX WAS 107. WORRY ABOUT DS#2 WORKING OUTSIDE SO MUCH. AS WELL AS SEVERAL DGSs.

WIND ISDOING A NUMBER ON MY TOMATOES. TOOK THE HANGING PLANTER DOWN. LAST STORM IT WAS ON THE TABLE AND IT BLEW OFF, CRUSHING A COLEUS IN A PLANTER. THINK IT WILL GROWN BACK, MAYBE NOT AS TALL. IT DIDN'T KILL THE PLANT. BROKE SOME STEM ON THE HANGING BASKDET PLANT. THINK IT WILL RECOVER AS WELL.

DS#1 AND DIL GOT TO SWEEDEN OKAY. THINK THEY ARE HAVING EXTREME HEAT TOO. VACATION AND NOT WORK FOR DS.

DS#2 GOT HOME JUST BEFORE IT GOT TO RAINING HARD. SLACKED OFF, BUT THAT MAY NOT BE ALL OF IT.  IT HAS GOTTEN STILL. HOPE THAT IS NOT MEANING A TORNADO. BETTER GET OFF HERE.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS.....................................

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/28/2023 11:48 pm)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

7/28/2023 5:18 pm  #43

Devonne, I’ve been busier than usual so haven’t posted in a while. Everything is fine with me.

Our temp is 94, feels like 106. We are under excessive heat warning. I’m glad my AC is working to keep house relatively cool.

My teacher friends and I planned a visit for this afternoon. There are only 5 of us and 4 are retired so you would think it would be easy to find a time to get together but it’s not! We usually manage about 3 or 4 times a year so I was really looking forward to a long visit today. Then a cousin who lives about 6 hours away and I hadn’t seen in about 15 years contacted me to say she was going to be in town today and would like to come by. So I cut my visit short with teacher friends and hurried home to have some time with her. All in all, it was a good day but would have been better to have these two visits on separate days.

7/28/2023 10:15 pm  #44

Many of you are suffering with extreme heat! I'm so sorry! How miserable!

BJ, I'm so sorry to hear you were in the hospital, but relieved to know you are home! I hope the doctors find easy answers and that your head feels much better! 🙏🏻

Marylou, I'm glad you enjoyed your visits, but I'm sorry they occured on the same day!

I got a call and have now lost my train of thought. I will simply wish you all well and hope that you have a great weekend!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

7/29/2023 12:02 am  #45

BJ I'm glad you are home, hope your headache is improving ((((hugs)))) we worry when you are not well!

SANDRA I like you love those old shows, even though I've seen them many times, I can still watch them. Have you met any of the new people yet?

MARYLOU good to hear all is well, how is Lyn, too bad the visits were on the same day, seems like it always happens that way!

DEVONNE if the pain continues get it checked, any pain is worth looking into. Hope you feel better tomorrow (((hugs)))

INDY hope you are getting a little rest with all your visitors, don't stress about the cleaning! Nobody worth being friends with will care (((( hugs))))

HOLLY WOW!  Great effort, another one finished, I still have to finish my cowl for Megan, just don't seem to have the time to sit and knit, I did take it to school to pick up the boys, always have a long wait if I want a good car park LOL

DIANE great to see you back, hope it all goes well with the legal things, it will be so good to have it all done!

THERESA how are you doing?? Are you coping OK ((((hugs))))

CAROL are you melting in the heat?? Pretty bad there from what I am reading!! 

STRINGS that is pretty hot for you too, darn wind, it does play havoc with the plants - hope your tomatoes survive !

I did my class this morning, we have a push up challenge, I have not been able to get past 18 in one minute, today I made it to 20 YAY!! Me!! Too funny, the other girls can do so many more, but then again I have lots more years on them!

We had some new people in today, they seemed to like it, so hope they come back.

I did the shopping around lunchtime, bought a pork shoulder roast, it's slow cooking in the oven now.

Too funny, we also had a challenge this week to try a new vegetable, I couldn't find one I hadn't tried, AND I will eat them all, the other girls are on a mission to find something I haven't tried. LOL

The Mr came home yesterday, we had dinner with Gary and he's gone to the club today to watch --- bowls LOL. Honestly the man is obsessed!
I can smell my pork - yum -  I need to prep the veggies, and I am almost finished packing for quilt camp next weekend. Going to be fun, I DO need to cut some pieces, I have a quilt ready to make for Jen in our group, she is having cancer treatment, I have all the fabric ready to do that at camp!
See you tomorrow.

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/29/2023 12:04 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/29/2023 8:21 am  #46

DEAR FRIENDS,
PLEASE GO TO MY OPTIONS THEN PERSONAL DETAILS AND LIST YOUR STATE SO THAT ITS EASIER TO RECALL WHERE YOU LIVE.  ITS SO MUCH SIMPLER WHEN WEATHER CHANGES HAPPEN TO KNOW WHERE EVERYONE LIVES.  THANK YOU.  I KNOW IT WOULD HELP ME.

TRISH......I HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR FREEDOM WHILE HUBBY WAS AWAY AT BOWLS.
I ADMIRE THAT YOU CAN DO PUSHUPS.  I CAN'T EVEN DO ONE.  WOW, 20.  YOU AMAZE ME.
I ONLY MET THE ONE NEWBIE HERE.  HER NAME IS SANDY SO I WON'T FORGET.  ITS ACTUALLY SANDRA BUT SHE'S CALLED SANDY.  ITS A NAME I COULD NEVER GET USED TO.  ONLY ONE PERSON IN MY LIFE CALLED ME SANDY AND IT WAS A SUPERIOR THAT I COULD NOT STAND.  HE WAS THE REASON I LEFT MY NICE JOB AT THE GAS CO TO GO TO THE NEWSPAPER MANY YEARS AGO.
ANYWAY, SANDY USES A WALKER....VERY, VERY SLOWLY.  I MET HER IN THE HALLWAY ON THE FIRST FLOOR   I INTRODUCED MYSELF AND ASKED IF SHE NEEDED ANY HELP.  SHE WAS GOING TO THE LAUNDRY TO DO HER WASHING.  I TOLD HER I WOULD CHECK FOR HER FIRST TO BE SURE THERE WERE MACHINES AVAILABLE TO SAVE HER TRAVELING NEEDLESSLY.  SHE WAS LUCKY.  SHE SEEMED VERY NICE.  I MAY FORGET SOME OF THE NEWBIES BY NAME, BUT NOT SANDY.
I SAW A PACKAGE FOR THE NEWEST NEWBIE AND HER NAME IS DOLORES.  I FORGOT TO WRITE IT DOWN WHEN I CAME BACK TO MY OWN APT.  WITH NAMES, I FORGET SO EASILY AND HAVE EVEN WHEN I WAS IN MY 20S. FOR ALL I KNOW ITS NOT DOLORES. LOL.

LINDA......I HOPE ANY BAD WEATHER MISSED YOU.  T-STORMS CAN BE SCARY.  
SORRY YOUR TOMATOES ARE SUFFERING.  MINE ARE DOING PRETTY WELL.  THE EARLY BLIGHT IS JUST BEGINNING AND NOT A PROBLEM FOR NOW.  LOTS OF GREEN TOMATOES EVERYWHERE.

ITS A NICE DAY WITH NORMAL TEMPS IN THE MID-80S TODAY AND 60S AGAIN TONITE.  EXPECTING PROBABLE T-SHOWERS LATER THIS AFTERNOON.  WE HAVE BEEN SO LUCKY WITH OUR RAINFALL.
I PLAN ON VACUUMING AND THEN SWIFFERING MY FLOORS TODAY.  THAT'S MY LIMIT.  I ALREADY SORTED MY PILLS AND LAST NIGHT I MAKE SOME STEAK AND PEPPERS AND ONIONS FOR SUBS.  I HAVE ENOUGH FOR TONITE AS WELL.  NO COOKING FOR ME TODAY.  HOORAY!
WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/29/2023 8:42 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/29/2023 8:37 am  #47

MY PLUM ROMAS ARE COMING ALONG NICELY.  WILL BE GREAT FOR SAUCES.

THESE ARE THE TINY HUSKY CHERRIES.  LOTS OF THOSE, TOO.

THE EARLY GIRLS ABOVE ARE NOT COLORING EARLY ENOUGH FOR ME BUT THEY MAKE A GREAT SLICER.  I THINK I WILL HAVE MANY TO SHARE WITH MY NEIGHBORS THIS YEAR.
HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/29/2023 8:41 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/29/2023 9:35 am  #48

Sandra, my screen name gives my location! 
We went to our favorite diner early for breakfast. It was already almost 80 and very humid at 8:30 this morning. We both brought home leftovers. 

I don’t know if I mentioned it before, but we travel with our own leftover containers. We have a lot of Rubbermaid plastic containers with the red lids, so we always have several in a tote bag that we take into restaurants with us. So many of the ones the restaurants provide are cardboard and the food dries out, we like ours better. When the tote bag is in the house, we hang it on the back of a kitchen chair with my pocketbook so we don’t forget it. 

I got all the patterns sorted, put into sheet protectors, organized and into binders, so my coffee table is cleared, yay! 

7/29/2023 1:26 pm  #49

Had our gathering yesterday and it turned out well.  My sloppy joes, were not too sloppy...
I actually prefer calling it barbeque and I found some ground round on sale so not much grease to drain.  
And, I do have to get a grip next time and chill out.  I don't know why I got that wound up this time???
I will say, I have enjoyed last evening and today with no pressure to do anything!  

BJ, so glad you're feeling better.  And "hello" to Tracy one of our favorite "nieces" !  Friend, Ruthie's girls always called us other classmates of their mother's, the Aunts, so guess we could be aunts here.  

QB, my state is in my board name, too, and I couldn't find a 'personal details' category to add to. 
Mary Lou, doesn't that just always happen?   Nothing to do, nowhere to go and then two conflicts.
At least you could do both for a time and they didn't totally conflict.

We don't care for Medicare wellness checkups, either.  Guess we thought in order to stay in our doc's good graces, we needed to do them to make sure we can continue getting our necessary meds and since his office always asks if we want to make our appts. for the next year, we just do it... He wants to see us in 6 mos, now and we were told we could make Med. wellnesses  at that time.  We both especially resent the personal "none of your business" questions  that are asked on the stuff  you have to fill out.  Of course, this time since I was needed to be home doing things, he ran over an hour late.  Apologized  and said his nurse was on vacation, slowing everything down. 

This is my day to do anything I want and, if I desire, nothing I don't want.  So guess who's camped in front of my tv?   Even after I mentioned twice that I was going to watch some tv and sew WHEN I GET DONE HERE!    Maybe as we do so often, we can find something both of us can stand.  I think the word is compromise, isn't it?  
And, I just remembered, I have two phone calls to return, so will go and do that.
Have a good afternoon.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/29/2023 1:30 pm)

7/29/2023 7:21 pm  #50

Whew! Although it didn’t last long, that was quite a thunderstorm!  Power was out afterwards for about three hours. Temperature dropped 20 degrees during the storm so house didn’t get hot. I’m sitting on porch now enjoying the cool temp. There are a few small limbs down (too big for me to handle but not really very big) so I’ll need to ask one of my nephews for some cleanup help.  I’m always prepared for power outages with flashlights and power packs that will recharge phone and iPad. I had peanut butter sandwich and ice cream for supper instead of what I had planned to cook.

7/29/2023 9:09 pm  #51

My arm is much better! Glad I used the ice immediately and didn't lift anything heavy. 

My tomatoes have suffered as well. I let Carter pick the three red ones I had today. I have 4 more that are green and need to get bigger. My flowers are dying...the heat is just too much.

I did a big no-no on my new grill. Wood pellet grills have a computer and an auger that slowly moves the pellets to the ignitor. I left the lid open and it rained. Wet pellets get hard, so the auger couldn't turn. Greg and I worked 3 1/2 hours to get it fixed. Afterwards, we had the best hamburger I've had in a long time. I highly recommend the Steak 'n Shake seasoning if there's a restaurant near you. 

Judy, tomorrow is my rest day! Plan on doing absolutely nothing. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/29/2023 9:12 pm)

D e v o n n e

Board footera