OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/20/2023 1:15 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 16 ~ SAT JULY 22

Judy, use your favorite zucchini bread recipe and add a cup of blueberries! LOL, your lunch out is a reward for sitting thru a church service!

We had lunch with our friend Mary Ester, we hadn’t seen her since the world closed for Covid. She had lymphoma last year, and is just starting to go out again. We plan to do it once a month. She was one of the nurses group that we’ve lost so many from. 

It’s looking like a shower, all cloudy.

I saw a study that said the best states for happiness to live in are VT, ME, and jersey. Texas is the worst. 

7/20/2023 1:46 pm  #42

12:40pm July 20, 2023

Prayers and hugs everyone...

Have a good day..

Elmer 's TAVR  for today  was cancelled..  he has bone infection in 4th toe on right foot..  I likes it needs to be cleared, before TAVR..

So more waiting..

Praying all are ok..

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

7/20/2023 3:19 pm  #43

So sorry, Diana, about more complications.

Gee, Holly, that was a bit much. 

I think it's time for me to take a bit of a break from here.  I'll be back one day.  Maybe soon.  Maybe not.  

Last edited by Needlecrazy (7/20/2023 5:43 pm)

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

7/20/2023 6:19 pm  #44

I seriously doubt a state has anything to do with your happiness; yes, your health for sure. Happiness is a frame of mind and what you make of your life.

Got the dogs outside just before the rain came. It should cool it down a little bit. 94 degrees today, but felt like 105. 

Diana, I'm so sorry Elmer is having such health issues. How do you like your new place?

Trish, I know you will be glad to get back home. I hope family members caused no problems. Not good timing at a funeral.

I met Gary and Emily and the kids at Chick-fil-a. I invited them over for dinner tomorrow. Nothing fancy...burgers, hot dogs, baked beans, doritos and corn on cob. No cooking inside. The kids say they want to spend the night, but I always have to call Gary to come get them. If they stay, it will be all night & I've already told them that. Well....unless they cry all night, lol. 
Judy, you had a busy week! Felt tired reading what you have been doing. We never did go out to eat as a group when I was attending church. Everyone brought covered dishes and we ate at the church. Members would take turn bringing things for Bible study. Everyone loved the huge cinnamon whirls at Mrs. Winners, which were cut in half. 

eta: State of mind, I mean, lol

Last edited by DownSouth (7/21/2023 8:22 am)

D e v o n n e

7/20/2023 6:39 pm  #45

Devonne, the study took a lot of factors into consideration, like jobs available, climate, literacy and I forget what else. Maybe health care? I’d have to go back and read it. If it only included pizza, jersey and PA would win hands down. It’s the same kind of study that compares countries- I think Sweden or Finland usually wins that one, with the US not even in the top 10 anymore. I was amazed that Florida didn’t come in last, with it’s weather, wildlife, tourists, heat, high insurance costs, and low literacy and income and poor healthcare. 

7/21/2023 8:37 am  #46

SAN......PRAYERS FOR ELMER AND HIS INFECTION CLEARS QUICKLY.

WE ARE EXPECTING RAIN TODAY.  MY SON PLANS TO SHOP TOMORROW.
TODAY I PLAN TO MAKE MAC AND CHEESE.  THE PORK CHOPS WITH VEGGIES AND UNDILUTED CELERY SOUP CAME OUT GREAT.  MORE LEFTOVERS FOR ME.

NOTHING SPECIAL PLANNED HERE.  I AM SLEEPING BETTER NOW THAT I DO NOT TAKE THE FLUID PILLS.  NO MORE WAKING IN 2 HOURS FOR A TRIP TO THE OUTHOUSE.  LOVE THAT.  I HOPE I KEEP UP DOING FINE WITHOUT TAKING THEM.  YEARLY CHECKUP IN A WEEK OR SO AND WILL CHECK WITH MY DR.

HAVE A GOOD DAY  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/21/2023 8:38 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/21/2023 9:55 am  #47

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is very cloudy this morning and 63*.  Not a leaf is stirring!  Tracy got her while we were eating dinner.  She had to manuver  (can't spell that right) around an accident in downtown Seattle.  But got here all right, it was lovely to see her.  She's still not feeling right, but has a Dr. appt. on Monday morning.  Hope it's nothing serious.  Well, she just got up, still not feeling the best, so I should run and talk with her.

She just took Elly outside so I best quit here.   Hope you have a wonderful day, BJ.

7/21/2023 1:12 pm  #48

BJ, glad Tracy is going to the doctor. Can you send me some of your 60's weather? 

I just came back in from spraying weed killer. I wasn't able to finish because it was too darn hot. My lawn guy doesn't get rid of the weeds in my landscaped beds. That would cost more money and I can do it myself. It will work before the rain moves in around 6:00. I can see it start working in 5 minutes.

Do you remember Elizabeth Ahsanullah from the old HGTV forum? She was known as "Ely." She lost her brother to cancer and I'm doing 3 blocks to mail out on Monday for a quilt for her. I've already done one. 

D e v o n n e

7/21/2023 2:18 pm  #49

It’s only in the 80’s here, but the humidity is terrible. We went to Sam’s Club at 9 a.m., and it was hot in the store. At least we don’t live in Phoenix, where it’s been 110 and above! 

For lunch yesterday I got a chef’s salad and soup. I had some then, and we’re both having some for dinner, and there is more left!

Manda and family went to see Barbie yesterday. She said it was about overthrowing the patriarchy. Heather is going today, we’ll see how she describes it. 

7/21/2023 2:19 pm  #50

Forgot to say, new blog post up with a pic of Kokomo’s progress.

7/22/2023 12:09 am  #51

And we finally got home!! Flight was delayed by over 2 hours, we were early for checkin anyway, so a long day, we were tired when we got home, Megan picked us up at the station, so much quicker to use the train than someone going to the airport.

SANDRA you talking about Murder She Wrote, what about Columbo, I used to enjoy his shows. Your pork chops sounded good, and I am glad you are getting more sleep, hopefully you will be able to sleep earlier, and have a good long rest.

DEVONNE I'm glad you fixed your puckering, I have heard good things about Floriani (think that was it! ) they have good products. Hope they allow the shirt into the park, seems silly to have the licensed product on the machine, but not allow it to be used in their parks, you'd think it would be good advertising.

THERESA I know you must be so tired, do they have a communication book at the facility, maybe you can get things noted down in their diaries ahead of time, too frustrating when they don't listen ((((hugs))))

BJ Tracy must be feeling pretty low if she's heading to the Drs, hope she is feeling better soon.

JANET have you got cool yet? I would have roasted, we COULD have sent you some freezing weather last couple days LOL

HOLLY sounds like you are making good progress on the crochet, those studies are sometimes not very accurate. I learnt a long time ago that they can 'skew' the numbers pretty easily, my boss used to do it all the time, I knew what was really happening LOL - I did the initial reports, he could choose dates when the sales were good, ALSO when they were bad. So he didn't actually lie on them, just selective reporting.

INDY you have been busy, time to relax for a bit, take it easy, we aren't getting any younger LOL

We had a busy few days, very nice to see Todd and his (2nd) wife, and his 3 boys, his daughter didn't come, Julie (youngest dau of W's sis) was there, she looks so old, drug abuse has really aged her, she kept hugging me and telling me she remembered me as "the pretty one" LOL 
W and his brother got along, which was lovely, they stayed in the same hotel and we did all our meals together.  David did the eulogy, way too long, and he was quite emotional. Their other brother they were expecting trouble from didn't fly down till the day of the funeral, left the wake early to fly back, and  he AND his wife were charming.
I thought it was so sad that there were so few people there, and the coffin was black, with just 3 roses on it, it looked sad and lonely. The priest was wonderful, spoke so beautifully and made it seem better.

Leaving early in case of traffic/road works (we had a long delay to drive there) then anticipating extra time to off load the hire car we piced up one of Todd's boys travelling on our flight, of course, fast trip, the hire car people were waiting in the car park for us, and the flight delay meant we had quite a long wait.

I had to do training this morning, was NOT looking forward to weigh in, I had to eat food at the wake that was available, and I had a few glasses of wine over the 3 days, however I made wise choices where I could and I still lost weight, so I'm happy about that.

Got all the washing done, of course the Mr had all his clothes in the wash basket. So it's all out, but not drying, cold here, but way worse down there, barely over freezing, and it was raining also (and windy) the girls were complaining about the cold this morning, told them that this was the top temp we had there doing our stay, and that was our warmest day LOL we came home to get warm.

I need to go shopping, we have no fresh veg or fruit, and I will grab a couple steaks and have that with mushrooms and other veg. 

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/22/2023 12:13 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/22/2023 9:13 am  #52

TRISH......GLAD TO HEAR THE TRIP WASN'T AS BAD AS YOU EXPECTED.  TRAVELING SOMETIMES HAS DELAYS BUT THAT'S PRETTY MUCH EXPECTED THESE DAYS.  ONE MUST FIGURE ON EXTRA TIME FOR EVERYTHING.  ITS LIKE COOKING.  WHEN YOU HAVE TO MAKE SOMETHING, ADD ANOTHER HOUR TO THE TIME SINCE SOMETHING CAN GO WRONG OR ONE IS RUNNING SLOWER THAN 10 YEARS AGO.

ITS CLOUDY RIGHT NOW.  MY SON HAD TO GO TO WORK THIS MORNING AND THEN TO THE GYM BEFORE HE DOES MY SHOPPING FOR ME.  I HAVE HIS MAC N CHEESE READY FOR HIM.  I KNOW I NEED TO MAKE A COUPLE OF ITALIAN SANDWICHES WHEN HE GETS HERE WITH THE FRESH MAKINGS HE BRINGS.  HE ALWAYS GOES HOME WITH THOSE.  
MY DAY IS PRETTY MUCH A SLOW ONE.  I WAS SOOO TIRED ALL DAY YESTERDAY.  I COULD NOT GET OUT OF MY OWN WAY BUT MANAGED TO MAKE THE MAC N CHEESE.  GOOD THING IT WASN'T DIFFICULT.  MY NEIGHBOR TOM GOT SOME FOR SUPPER LAST NITE.  HE'S SUCH A CHARMER AND ALWAYS THOUGHTFUL AND NEVER FORGETS TO PRAISE.  I KNOW HE APPRECIATES NOT HAVING TO HOBBLE AROUND HIS KITCHEN TO COOK SOMETIMES.

I FEEL A LITTLE BETTER TODAY BUT NOTHING SPECIAL PLANNED.  I HAVE ENOUGH LEFTOVERS FOR A DAY OR SO.  MAYBE I WILL DEFROST SOME PIZZA DOUGH AND MAKE SOME TOMORROW.  I WILL SEE HOW I FEEL LATER.

I HAVE BEEN GETTING SOME EMAILS THAT SAY I HAVE WON A GIFT CARD OR MONEY OR SOMETHING AND THEY ARE FROM PLACES LIKE DELTA AIRLINES, FEDEX, AND AMAZON.  THE CATCH IS I HAVE TO MAKE OUT A SURVEY FIRST.   I DO NOT TRUST ANYONE THAT WANTS TO GIVE AWAY MONEY.  THEY ALL HAD A SURVEY THAT NEEDED FILLING IT SEEMS.  I JUST DELETED THEM.  I AM SURE ITS SOME KIND OF SCAM.  UNLESS ITS FROM A BONAFIDE COMPANY WITH WHOM I HAVE ENTERED A CONTEST, I IGNORE THEM.

HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/22/2023 9:20 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/22/2023 9:38 am  #53

Good Morning to all!!  Tracy is in the shower (I just got out) and then she is going to cut my hair, it sure needs it!  It is very still outside this morning, 64* at 8:37am.   I will be very brief as I want to spend time with Tracy.  Just wanted you to know I'm still alive and doing fairly well.

Am just going to sign off, as Tracy just got out of shower and is ready to visit.  Hope everyone is fine, love you all, BJ.

7/22/2023 12:00 pm  #54

Sandra, good idea to delete those emails. The only survey I fill out is the one I get from JoAnn's after I have made a purchase. Then I get a thank you from the store manager. I always give them high marks because they deserve it and I don't want that store to go away.

We've been having rain and sun all morning. It's cool enough that we can keep the windows open too. A little humid but the coolness is good.

We made eight dozen chocolate chip cookies this morning and I made a lemon cream pie. Lots of goodies to last a while.

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/23/2023 2:52 am)

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

7/22/2023 7:04 pm  #55

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Patty, your font is so small, I could barely read it. That's a good idea to make a big cookie batch. I made my chocolate treat today, but instead of seeds I used walnuts & almonds. Would be better with peanuts. Is a lemon cream pie the same as a lemon meringue pie? That used to be my favorite pie and I still love it, but the coconut cream pie is my favorite now.

I cooked burgers on the grill and made a meatloaf. This meatloaf is much better than the last one I fixed. I added Steak & Shake seasoning mix to this one. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/22/2023 7:14 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/22/2023 8:58 pm  #56

Sorry, I can't increase the size on my kindle and I forget to bold it.

Lemon cream pie is cream cheese, sugar, Cool Whip and lemon pie filling. Very light.

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/23/2023 2:52 am)

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

Board footera