OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/06/2023 10:10 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 2 ~ SAT JULY 8

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope you're all having a really nice day.  The sun is bright here and it's 68*, know it should be really hot today, hate the thought of it, but summer is definitely here.  Not a leaf is stirring outside.  Frank is getting ready to go to coffee with some guys, I'm enjoying my coffee sitting right here!!  My nurse is due here at 9:30, so I need to hurry up and get ready.  I'm all dressed and made up, not much more I can do except get off here.

Rhonda will be over after awhile, she is grocery shopping today, she wants me to go with her, not sure I feel up to it.  We'll see when she gets here.  I really don't have much to say today, so will just sign off and get ready for my nurse.  Wishing everyone a great day, Love to all, BJ.

7/06/2023 10:39 am  #42

BJ, you're quite the social butterfly even tho they come to you.  Sounds like you're in much better spirits and how nice that Frank is able to get out.  Nothing like a change of scene to lift ones spirits. '
Howard, who sat in the living room all day yesterday watching TV,  (remember...we have one open area)  has gone upstairs and actually told me he was going.  Don't know what exactly he's doing, but am glad for it!   

Trish, I agree, some of it is just not listening and I'm guilty of that, too.  My concern is, I believe  the progression of dementia or Alzheimer's can be slowed down with medicine and I don't want to ignore these signs if that's the case, thus my plan to talk to our doctor, privately.  Our old doc just stuck us together in the same room for our Medicare checkups, which I didn't like.  IF you have something like this to discuss, you have no opportunity.

Wish you didn't always have some drama to deal with in W's family.  Seems like David wants to run everything!
Even where you stay?  

Holly, I checked out your Dahlia afghan, the colors are beautiful.  Is this one earmarked for someone?  

I'm cooking elbow mac for some tuna mac salad for supper.  In the summer, that's my go-to when I can't think of anything else.  Maybe we'll run to the farmer's market for some good tomatoes.  I got some heirlooms (shipped in from the South) last time and they were delicious.  Which reminds me to check the other market and see if they have any sweet corn, yet.  Howard would love that.  He's not too fond of tuna salad. 

Have a good day.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/06/2023 11:05 am)

7/06/2023 2:26 pm  #43

Trish, I went to Walmart and bought more sunflower and pumpkin seeds to make the chocolate treat again. Greg loved it and said it tastes just like a candy bar. I'm going to try doing it this time with 5 cups of seeds and see if it melts less. Also, I think I put in too much coconut oil (shouldn't have guessed, lol). Making it later today...will let you know.

How do you switch a prescription from one doctor to another doctor? The cardiologist changed what my family dr. had
prescribed for my bp, but I won't be going back to him anymore. 

Sandra, $2.50 isn't a bad loss considering it gives you some entertainment. 

Janet, the You Tube videos are more helpful to me than someone demonstrating a product.

Judy, I have heard there are meds to slow down dementia and alzheimers. I wish Melena would check into this for her Mom. One bad thing I've learned about nursing homes is you aren't allowed to see your own doctors. You have to see who is on staff/on call there. I would hate that!

Last edited by DownSouth (7/06/2023 2:31 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/06/2023 2:46 pm  #44

Afternoon y'all! 
Have not read, yet!  Lake house is officially sold, due diligence was today!  Realtor was not on our side she was not fighting for us but was on the buyers side, very frustrating!  
DS saw your thing about the doctor in nursing homes, in mom's assisted living I can take her to see her own doctor, in an emergency it's the in house doctor, reasonable.  She doesn't have a doc here so going with theirs until we can establish her here, and will move from there!  
Got to run thunder and lightening overhead!  Later my Friends! 

7/06/2023 8:04 pm  #45

Theresa, that's wonderful! You going to Columbia this weekend?

Trish, the verdict is in! I made the chocolate/seed treat just as Dr. Berg said to make it. Do NOT use 5 cups. I made it with 3 - 3 1/2 cups of seeds and it was much thinner when you break it apart. Much better.

Where did today go? I got up early and it's already 10 pm. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/06/2023 8:07 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/06/2023 10:23 pm  #46

THANKS DEVONNE maybe it depends on the type and size of the nuts/seeds? I'm glad you told me.
His sis has her own Dr since she lives in the same area, it actually might better if she didn't, I don't like the way he just adds another medication. However she's still alive so it must be OK.

SANDRA only a little loss, so pretty good entertainment money. I must tell Gary about your shaking of the tomato plants, don't think he does that! 

THEREA I did think the realtor was more on the buyer side, BUT the property is G0ONE so good  news! Hope mum is starting to settle a little, if his sis needs somewhere for medical (or eyes, teeth etc ) we have to take her, they will get a podiatrist to visit though, and they have a hairdresser every few weeks.

INDY you are so right, David likes to be in control, not sure why, he feels like he is the spokesperson for the family. He's very wordy with emails, and goes on and on at times, W is more direct, polite but precise.

Their sister died last night at 5.30pm, the saddest thing I have ever heard is Todd's words to W that she had no friends at all, so it would be a very small funeral  - what an awful thing to have to say about your mum. I am so sad for a life just wasted really. Too many people struggle and keep going against the odds, and she didn't care, not mental health, just indifference.

I just asked my hairdresser to move my haircut, she only has 9.15 tomorrow, right in my training session, so I rebooked that as well, going to have to get up early, starts at 7.30am YIKES! 
I had a cut booked already for next Tuesday, but it is possible that we maybe flying then, no idea of course, but I had to be prepared, my hair looks awful, and  I would rather face family looking decent. Most of them don't like me LOL, so I feel better if I look presentable. Todd is the only one who is really lovely. His brother and sister are very distant - with W as well, so it's not just me.

HOLLY your afghan looks great! You are really getting lots done!

BJ I hope you had a nice shopping trip with Rhonda, I need to get to the store myself. 

Megan just called in with some small pastries for her dad, she poured him more water, and stood over him while he drank --  he did it for her LOL. She took the brownies I made for them in return.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/07/2023 9:21 am  #47

ANOTHER SUNNY DAY TO HIT 88.  IT HIT 90 YESTERDAY BUT I WAS INDOORS AND COMFY.

TRISH.......YES, TELL HIM TO SHAKE THE BRANCHES WITH BLOSSOMS.  TOMATO BLOSSOMS HAVE BOTH MALE AND FEMALE PARTS EACH SO THEY DO NOT NEED AN INSECT TO SPREAD THEM FROM BLOSSOM TO BLOSSOM.  JUST A NICE SHAKE FROM THE GOOD WIND OR A PERSON WILL DO IT.  
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE LOSS IN THE FAMILY.  SORRY, TOO, THAT THE RELATIVES ARE NOT FANS OF YOURS.  ITS A SHAME BUT AT LEAST YOU ARE NICE ENOUGH TO GO TO THE FUNERAL REGARDLESS.

DEVONNE......I AM SURE THAT RECIPE IS GOOD .  IT HAS MOST OF THE THINGS I EAT ON ITS LIST AND I LOVE PUMPKIN SEEDS.  WHEN A YOUNG SPROUT I ATE THEM BY THE BAGFUL.

I CHECKED MY GARDEN.  SOIL WAS DAMP 4 INCHES DOWN SO ITS OK FOR NOW.  WE MAY EVEN HAVE A SHOWER LATE TONITE AND THEN TOMORROW NITE, TOO.  SUNDAY LOOKS LIKE A WET DAY AGAIN.
YESTEDAY I SAW MY FIRST DEER.  IT SCAMPERED FROM THE RESERVOIR PARKING LOT UP THRU OUR YARD AND THEN I COULD NOT SEE IT.  IT LOOKED LIKE THIS YEAR'S FAWN.  THE SPOTS WERE BARELY NOTICABLE SO IT WAS NOT A LARGE DEER. 
MY SON WILL BE FLYING HOME TODAY.  VACATION IS NEARLY OVER.  HE WILL SHOP FOR ME THIS WEEKEND.
I HAVE ALREADY SCRUBBED MY BATHROOM AND HAVE A LOAD OF LAUNDRY IN.   THE TATER TOT CASSEROLE IS ON THE MENU FOR TONITE.  IT WILL KEEP WELL TIL SAT OR SUN WHEN MY SON ARRIVES HERE.

THAT'S ABOUT IT FOLKS.  MY LIFE KEEPS MOVING ALONG AT A SLOW PACE BUT FINE FOR ME.
HAVE A GOOD DAY. HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/07/2023 9:31 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/07/2023 9:46 am  #48

Good Morning, everyone!!  It is very cloudy here this morning.  Very small breeze.  I have a nurse coming at 9:30, so I have an hour to sit here and play on the computer.  Won't happen though!!  Yesterday I went shopping with Rhonda, we went to Costco and Fred Meyer and a couple of other stops that she had to make.  Were gone most of the day.  I was sure tired when we finally finished.

Had a very good night's sleep, though.  Got up early and am moving on with my day.  I really don't have much to say today, so will just sign off, wishing everyone a great day and sending love to all, BJ.

7/07/2023 10:43 am  #49

9:20 am. Friday. July 8, 2023

Prayers and hugs everyone..

Hoping that you are all having a good day..

I have not read for to long.. not sure if I will be able to catch up on all.. it has been too long.. no else wrong here, just aches pains, I am still recovering my fall and bruise on right-side back.. they said ano5her 2 weeks for it to heal..

DH Elmer is still having tests, no TAVR (sp) yet.. he has had CT scans, cat scan, angiogram,etc.. he has a phone appt with his cardio todayy..

Did anyone send me a fed ex pkg from Long Beach, CA? DH got a call about about a pkg to me from a Sandra? How would get his phone and connect it to me? The address was a jumble of Aurora. And Vancouver addresses..

Our current address is 22018 Erica dr ne, Aurora..my old address from before my stroke last July 2022.. by we are rent to own from his sister.. my Dsisil.. the house was not selling for her move to Texas.. so she offered it to us.. it is working out good.. us (Elmer and I), ddand dsonil. and grandson, our dson. And our dnephew and dneice are staying here (the ones that were using our trailer - we sold it)..

Going to try and cat up on this week's posts at least..

Later I hope I keep up with checking in daily now..

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/08/2023 10:40 pm)

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

7/07/2023 12:04 pm  #50

BJ, love to you as well! 

Trish, that is very kind of you going to a funeral where you know you're not liked. So sad about this sister. The seeds I used for the recipe are very small. I love pumpkin seeds. I like sunflower seeds in a salad.

Sandra, I've never heard of shaking your tomatoes, but it certainly makes sense.

I need to remember to put my trash can at the curb this evening. They always run a day behind when there's a holiday. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/07/2023 12:05 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/07/2023 2:56 pm  #51

Afternoon y'all! 
DS no I am staying home.  
Trish we still have some T's to cross and i's to dot!  But by August we hope to have check in hand! 
Today, I went to visit mom first, walked the park, home to shower and dress for a neighbors funeral.  Saw neighbors that moved years ago, and we have not seen in forever! Home, packed hubby up, he's headed to NC to see Luke! 
BTW Luke made Dean's and Chancellors list again! 
I'm still trying to get them to give mom a shower, this way I am not the bad guy!  I asked about it last night and they all acted as if they had no clue she needed help!  I get so tired of repeating myself!  I talked to her aid this morning who said she asked mom about taking a shower and mom said later.  I told her she will tell you that until the health department declares her a disaster!  You tell her it's time for a shower, never ask!  Hopefully after 2 weeks she finally gets one!  Mom is doing more self grooming.  She brushes her hair.  I think because she has 2 mirrors in her apartment she can see herself in them.  In Columbia, none in her bedroom and the one in her bath was way too high for her to see in.   She also appears to be more mentally with it!  She has to think for herself now.  She has not had to do that for the last 14+ years!  I still believe this was a good move, just need to get the staff up to speed on her care.  I go in the evenings and help her pick out her clothes for the next day, and help her get dressed for bed.  She seems to love that I visit and am not abandoning her.  I keep her stocked in her treats, Fresca, and Diet Coke.  I stopped drinking carbonated beverages a good while back, so I have to think about them to keep them stocked!  
I am still not unpacked.  I will get there, eventually!  I'm just dealing with the lake, mom's house, probate attorney, real estate attorney, and mom's finances! Plus a backlog of 8 months of stuff here! 
I did get all of Mom's paperwork, for the doctors, for her assisted living done and had her sign.  They all act like she has no clue, she just can't hear you, people speak up to her!  Once they figure it out all will be good! 
The paper work being done was a big thing off my plate.  I no longer have to stare at it, and say I need to finish it!  I need to go to the PO, for mom, they want me to resubmit the paperwork again! UGH! I will bring the email stating it was all done, they sent mom a letter!  I just want to shout, people do your job! 
Not much else going on here today, just my usual busy!  I need to get paperwork in order and each thing I have to do in it's own file folder, and then I will be organized to get it accomplished next week.  Just wasn't happening this week, the holiday screwed everything up! 
Later my Friends! 

7/08/2023 8:49 am  #52

SAN.......WOW, THAT SOUNDS LIKE A HOUSEFUL.  YOU MUST HAVE A LARGE HOUSE.  AS LONG AS ITS WORKING OUT FOR ALL OF YOU, ITS A GOOD THING.

THERESA......CONGRATS TO LUKE ON HIS MAKING BOTH LISTS.  HE'S A REAL SMARTY.
GLAD TO HEAR YOU AND MOM ARE WORKING IT ALL OUT.  YOU JUST NEED TO KEEP ON TOP OF THE STAFF AND LET THEM KNOW A THING OR TWO.  WOULD A NOTE ON HER DOOR, "LOSS OF HEARING, SPEAK UP" WORK ITS MAGIC?  JUST TO REMIND THEM.  I USED TO HAVE ONE ON MY DOOR.  I ALSO PUT IT UP WHEN I AM EXPECTING A VISIT FROM ANYONE TO BE SURE I HEAR THE KNOCK.

ITS CLOUDY HERE TODAY.  EXPECTING COOLER TEMPS, TO 75 ONLY.  MY PREFFERED NUMBERS.  
MY SON WILL SHOP TOMORROW.  WORKS OUT BETTER FOR ME.  THERE ARE MORE MEATS ON SALE STARTING TOMORROW AND THE SHELVES WILL BE REPACKED AND NOT BARE LIKE THEY ARE SOMETIMES THE END OF A SALE WEEK (SATURDAYS).
THE TATER TOT CASSEROLE CAME OUT GREAT ACCORDING TO TOM NEXT DOOR.  HE HAS A HARD TIME GETTING ABOUT IN HIS SMALL APT WITH HIS WALKER SO I KNOW HOW HE APPRECIATES SOME MEALS MADE FOR HIM.  AND HE ALWAYS THANKS ME LATER.
NOTHING EXCITING HAPPENING HERE TODAY.  I HAVE CASSEROLE LEFTOVER AND I HAVE SOME DEFROSTED GROUND BEEF FOR A COUPLE OF BURGERS WITH COTTAGE CHEESE LATER.  I AM ALWAYS THINKING OF MY NEXT MEAL.
HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE.  HUGS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (7/08/2023 8:55 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/08/2023 8:51 am  #53

Good Morning, everyone!!  It is 60* out this morning, a bit chilly, am going to take a shower this morning.  Jamie and one of his daughters is arriving later.  It's a 3 hour trip here from their place, assume they left by now and will be here later (it's 7:45).  It is completely still outside here now, the flag is barely moving, the leaves on the trees not moving at all.

Am waiting for Frank to be awake, then I will shower.  Don't have any plans for the day except visiting with family.  Looks like it will be a hot one eventually so will likely spend some time outside.  It's such a beautiful morning.  I really don't have much to say, so will just sign off, wishing you all a great weekend, have a good one, BJ.

7/08/2023 9:19 am  #54

Theresa, it must feel like luxury to be living in your own home again, no matter what fires you're still putting out.  Glad to hear your Mom is settling in slowly, bit by bit.  You'll even have the house to yourself (I think) for a day or so.  
Got a call from next Friday's hostess for our small group and I only have to bring garlic bread.  I'll most likely host it two weeks later.  With everyone bringing something, it's easier for the hostess, but she still has to decide on the main dish, which can be a chore...trying to pick something different or at least that we've not had for awhile.  

Devonne, the recipe looks good.  I am not supposed to eat seeds, so will have to pass on it.  I love to read about the latest new thing you're trying.  
San, so good to hear from you.  Sorry to hear about your fall.  Sounds like you're all settled in and it's nice it's a familiar place to you and Elmer.  Having more room and more convenience is good  Nice, too, that the baby is with you to enjoy.  I suppose he's walking everywhere, by now.  

Yesterday, in W-M's clearance aisle, I bought an oddity that caught my eye. Imagine this:  A nicely made wood-framed  piece of  plain white enamel about 12" x 3" with a rope hanger.  Could be used with magnets, markers, actually decorated in any way you wish OR just left plain, which for now, I may do.  Howard, not being an artiste,   sees no use for it, and therefore, thinks I'm nuts.  But, I've learned that if something appeals to me and is affordable to just buy it.  Eventually, something will come to me and if I don't buy it, I always wish I did.  You've heard of buyer's remorse...well for me, it's buyer's regret, as in  Why didn't I just get "that"??

QB, while not a gardener, I love to hear your little tips.  You're like my neighbor, Shena, who often tells me some old Southern thing she does for her garden.  She just got back from Devonne's old neck of the woods in KY.    She plans and runs her family reunion which was over 4th of July weekend. 

Going to hang this up and get busy...
Indy  

Last edited by indyanny (7/08/2023 9:25 am)

7/08/2023 9:25 am  #55

Hot and humid already. I have the AC in my quilt room on for the first time since it was installing. Looking forward to going up there for the day. hopefully.
We ate dinner out last night. We’ve been there quite a few times. Something different this time and I didn’t like it. At the end of the meal, the not so congenial waitress came to the table with what looked like a handheld credit card machine? Don’t know what it’s called… she stood there a minute and said “that’ll be $72.50” and just stood there. No paper bill? I asked her to go and come back. I always pay cash in restaurants. We figured the tip on the full amount as we had no idea what the pretax amount was? She came back and stood there and I handed her the money and she walked away. Very odd? Don’t you think? On the way home we talked about how we didn’t like that at all. Without the bill, how do you know for sure if it’s your bill, if it’s correct and what the pretax figure was? Also, the paper bill used to have the suggested tip along the bottom by percentage.

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/08/2023 10:39 pm)

7/08/2023 12:47 pm  #56

Talked to Shelby this morning. She said she just ate breakfast (it was 11:20, unless they brought it and she didn't know it was there?) I told her they were bringing lunch in about 45 minutes. She sounds great, but is upset with herself because she can't remember anything. I asked if she remembered Melena picking her up Friday & they went to Creedon's birthday (her great grandson). She didn't remember going. 

When I got up, I walked in the living room and the lamp was on. I never leave it on at night. Alexa wasn't working and my thermostat app was offline. Since the lamp was on, I never thought I had a power outage.

I had no power in my bedroom and master bath. Checked the laundry room and it had power. Checked the meter box and the breakers had tripped in these rooms. I've never had a partial outage before. If it happens again, I'll get it checked out.

Theresa, congratulations to Luke! I hope the staff will learn quickly about your Mom's conditions/needs so they can help her. Do you know if she is sleeping well there? Does she have to go to a dining room to eat or do they bring her meals to her room? 

Janet, I like the machines on the table where you can see what you're paying and choose the tip you want to leave. I wouldn't be happy with that at all. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/08/2023 12:51 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/08/2023 1:33 pm  #57

Janet, that is very strange and I wouldn’t be happy about it either. And if there was something amiss with the printer, she should have said something. If you were charging it, and wanted to keep your copy til your bill came, you wouldn’t be able to. Strange.

It’s getting dark out and thunder in the distance.

My cable bill showed overdue, checked the check register and I had mailed a check. Checked the bank statement, and it hadn’t been cashed. So I paid it online via credit card, may as well get points for it. 

Yesterday was Steph’s birthday, my baby is 40! Yikes! It was also their 9th anniversary. Tomorrow we’re going to a surprise 16th party for my great niece Kenzie. 

Rain just started, it’s pouring! 

7/08/2023 10:39 pm  #58

HOLLY Happy Birthday to Steph, and Happy Anniversary to them as well! Have you stopped the cheque for the  cable, might still be waiting for someone to bank it LOL .

DEVONNE I don't think that many meds would help Shelby -- they seem to be more for quite early stages, or so I have been led to believe, there are still meds that might help her though. Hope you can sort out the power problem.

SANDRA I told him about the tomatoes, he said 'thank you' . It's a beautiful day here, although the wind is starting to pick up. Hope all the groceries you want you can get!

THERESA congrats to Luke, he's doing so well, he has a great study technique it seems, wish I could get some for John and Dean LOL

JANET that is strange, I like to see the bill, don't mind if it's card OR cash, I just want to know what I am being billed for, ask for the bill and see what happens.

SAN it does sound like  quite a busy house for you all, I hope it doesn't mean more work for you. I am glad you are able to pop in to visit.

Nothing much happening here, I had coffee with my team this morning, we then stopped of to our new t-shirts for photos and  I was home by 10am. Ever since then been typing, getting all the passwords listed - he had made a bug ness of my previous list, he adds things all over the pages, sometimes an account was listed twice LOL 
It's all neat and today again, wonder how long that will last.We a to get him a new phone yesterday, he has been trying to get all his apps logged back in - hence the new list. There has been bad words said in the process

I'll come back later to lock

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera