OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/16/2023 8:38 pm  #61

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 11 ~ SAT JUNE 17

Long day. DH has a drs appointment about an hour away and about 10 mins from the quilt shop that sells Pfaff sewing machines.  I bought a Pfaff720…actually ordered it. Should be in next week so
We will have to drive back again.
Tried a new to us restaurant on the way home. It was good .
   Trish- we are getting a BMW SUV.

6/16/2023 8:46 pm  #62

Trish, has having a new king made any changes in day to day life for you? 

I just finished Nora Roberts new book, Identity, from the library. It’s as good as all of hers are, and scary because it could happen. 

Tomorrow there is an electronics recycling, and Ralph has a carload, so we’ll do that first thing. 

Amary is in grade 4, and for an end of the year thing, each kid picked a famous person, dressed as them, and the audience had to guess who they were. She was Queen Elizabeth. Manda got her a hat on Amazon, and made a green coat dress, and it’s amazing. I’ll put pix on the blog tomorrow. 

Theresa, sounds like it’s really moving along! You’ll be so glad to go home!

6/17/2023 8:16 am  #63

WE ARE HAVING RAIN ALL DAY TODAY.  I CHECKED MY LATEST CUKE TRANSPLANT YESTERDAY AND IT WAS STILL DOING OK.  I THINK THIS RAIN WILL ALSO HELP.

I CLEANED MY A/C FILTER.  I COULD NOT GET THE PANEL OFF SINCE IT WAS TAPED WITH SOME VERY INVISIBLE CLEAR TAPE.  FIGURED THAT OUT WITH BETTER LIGHTING.  EASY REMOVE AFTER THAT.  MY A/C SUGGESTS CLEANING EVERY 250 HRS SO IT PUTS ON A LIGHT TO CHECK IT.  MINE WAS VERY, VERY CLEAN.   I JUST DUSTED OFF A BIT WITH A PAPER TOWEL.  VERY CLEAN.  ITS A SAFETY ISSUE.

LINDA......I AM GLAD YOU DID GOOD WITH SELLING THE OLD CAR.  ITS NICE THE BUYER WAS SURE HE COULD RESELL IT ALONG.

HOLLY.........WILL LOVE SEEING AMARY'S PIX WITH HER COSTUME.  

I SHARED CHICKEN RICE SOUP LAST NITE WITH A COUPLE OF NEIGHBORS.  THEY ARE ALWAYS PLEASED.  I AM LEARNING WHICH ONES CANNOT EAT WHAT LIKE NAN WILL NOT EAT POTATOES UNLESS THEY ARE MASHED, BUT GUESS WHAT, SHE LOVED MY TATER TOT SAUSAGE CASSEROLE A COUPLE WEEKS AGO.

MY SON SHOPS FOR ME TODAY.  HIS BIRTHDAY IS THE 20TH SO I HAVE HIS CARD AND CASH READY TO GIVE HIM IN CASE HE WANTS TO SHOP WHILE OUT DOING MINE.  THERE IS A CLOTHING STORE HE LIKES A COUPLE DOORS DOWN.  
TOMORROW I HAVE PIZZA ON THE SCHEDULE AND DOING SOME LAUNDRY.  IT SEEMS FEW FOLKS EVER DO LAUNDRY ON SUNDAY HERE.
THAT'S IT FROM ME TODAY.  HUGS TO ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/17/2023 8:18 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/17/2023 9:17 am  #64

Good Morning to everyone.  It is a beautiful day here at 8:15 am, the sun is so bright.  The fellow who does the yard work is due here about 9, will continue to clean the yard, it is looking so nice in the front which he did the first time and will move on to the side and back today, not sure he will get all done today.  But will be nice.

My family is all here, so I must quit and go visit with them.  Tracy is making breakfast, which will be nice.  Hope you have a nice day, everyone, BJ.

6/17/2023 11:02 am  #65

GOOD AFTERNOON!

UP EARLY BUT HAVE NOT DONE ALL THE CHORES PLANNED TO DO. DAY ISN'T OVER YET, SO ALL IS NOT LOST. WAITING FOR THE YARD TO BE MOWED. WANTED TO WASH SOME OUTDOOR CHAIRS BUT WHEN HE TEXTED HE WAS COMING, DIDN'T WANT TO WET THE GRASS. EXPECTED HIM SEVERAL HOURS AGO. DRAT IT ALL.

I HAD BEEN CRAVING WATERMELON AND DS GOT ONE WEDNEDDSAY. SHARED A BIT WITH NEIGHBOR SO ABOUT OUT. WANT ANOTHER ONE..  I HAVE EATEN MOST OF IT.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS..................................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

6/17/2023 1:10 pm  #66

Afternoon y'all! 
Strings, I sent some of that stuff home already with hubby.  I am packing more. 
Holly, yes they are, I'm still not counting the hatched chickens!  The inspection for the lake is Thursday, so that will be a big hurdle, once we pass that I can watch that egg hatch! 
QB mom and I had Broccoli Cheese soup last night!  It was good! 
Janet, what color? 
Busy as usual.  Have not walked yet!  Went to Starbucks, to get mom a treat!  Walmart for some essentials, and a generic TV remote, here and emptying the drawers in the furniture we're taking.  Labeled the back of the drawers for their placement!  Not that it really matters.  Vacuumed the drawers out and cleaned the front of the drawers.  I sorted the items, by keep, sell, and Dsis stuff I don't know what to do with.  Found several wallets, and my mom's DL was in one, unfortunately it is expired, but it's an ID, I will try to get her one in GA, just an ID, she can't drive.  
The story on the needing to get a TV remote is: Dsis threw the remote away since mom kept playing with it.  We have looked everywhere, and DNeice told me that her mom threw a bunch of stuff like that away so mom couldn't "play" with it.  This from the woman that didn't return, nor did she throw away!  A hoarder!  So the things we need were tossed! 
I'm waiting on my Niece to help me pack mom, may go for a short walk, it's hot, was hot early! 
So on the subject of husbands!  I asked mine, a while back, if we should get mom an account at a branch bank.  He said no, a firm no!  Yesterday, he sends me an email to set up an account for her, for a branch bank!  Really dude, with everything I have to do this upcoming week!. I could have had this done a long time ago! GRRR! 
I guess I need to go get more stuff done. I need to vacuum the spots where the drawers went, loads of dust, but I need the mattress we have leaning against it gone, or moved.  That I will do Friday night.  hubby and I move that mattress into the Den and sleep on it so once he gets here, I can get it done.  Maybe I might move it to the Den and put it out of the way.  Not sure, but either way I need help with it!  I also need to do the drawers in the chest of drawers, I think those are empty!  I just need to vacuum the inside of the drawers, and where they sit!  That I can do without help, just need to move stuff from in front of it! 
We are getting a U-Haul to move mom, it's more expensive to get it from home, take it here, and return it home, than it is to get one here and return it home!  Go figure!
I'm living such an exciting life, just busy, not exciting! 
Later my Friends! 

6/17/2023 1:10 pm  #67

I had a lot to catch up on here.  Was totally out of pocket, yesterday.  Got up early and made potato salad so it would have time to meld together.  Fiddled around with one thing and another until it was time to leave for our small group gathering...taking the p. salad.  We had grilled hamburgers that were delicious.  Mary hand formed them so they were  juicy and not overcooked and didn't feel and taste like cardboard.  That's my unsolicited opinion on pre-formed burgers! There were 11 of us.  When we came home at 4:30, I knew I was going to read, then catch a nap and do nothing else all evening.  

Trish, today, Saturday was their day trip to Paris.  Not sure they even knew about Trooping the Colour.  It was never mentioned.  They did get caught in a downpour in Paris with no shelter and got soaked to the skin.  She was able to buy a hoodie for the A/C train ride back to London and hopefully won't get chilled and then sick.  She's always a bit delicate and susceptible to such.  Tomorrow, Sunday, they leave London for the Cotswolds. 
I'm sure it's hard for you to slow down and basically do nothing when you're always busy and on the go at home with the family nearby.  I often felt that way when travelling with Howard for those 5 years.  I think it's one reason I'm fairly content at home all the time. 

Mary Lou, glad you had a nice time on your outing.  

We might go out tomorrow after church and eat out with the bunch that does this every Sunday.  We don't...every Sunday.  I would probably, but that's not Howard's choice so we have to compromise.
They're going to Bob Evans which I can take or leave except they have one sandwich that I love and you can get 1/2 of it and either soup or salad.  My mouth is already watering.  

I ordered a dress from QVC that arrived a few days ago.  For the wedding we're invited to in Aug.  I like it quite well.   It's a little big but after being washed and dried, it might shrink a bit.  have to be very careful with that, though.  I have the topper I wore for ML's wedding (28 yrs. ago) that, believe it or not, looks good with this dress.   The sage-small floral print dress-has a tiered skirt and is just above ankle length on me.   I had two floor length ones but to me, they can be trippers and I don't want to look silly.  The bride (Mary) isn't wearing floor-length.    Thankfully, Howard tried on his grey sport coat and it fits him well enough.  He's put on a bit of weight since his stroke and he's not a happy camper.  

I need to venture outside for a bit.  Then, plan supper.  Leftovers.  Easy peasy.
Have a good rest of the afternoon.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (6/17/2023 1:14 pm)

6/17/2023 2:04 pm  #68

Today would have been our 56th wedding anniversary. Bittersweet memories. I posted some pictures on FB. 

Judy, you made me hungry talking about the juicy burgers and homemade potato salad! Yum! I hope you send Sandra a picture of you when you're dressed up for the wedding. 

Janet, congratulations on the new SUV! Is this replacing the Rav4?

Greg rented a Toyota Corolla Cross SUV in Vegas. He thinks it would be a good SUV for me since I'm so short. He said it doesn't sit as high as other SUV's. I'm not ready yet financially nor ready to part with my old Highlander. I have loved this vehicle, but it is 16 years old.

I found the tv remote! I had taken it to the room where the dog crates are. Hooray!

Linda, I'm glad you were able to sell the old car and get what you wanted for it. 

Theresa, keep on keeping on! You're almost there! Billy's Mom lived alone until she was 91. We tried to get her to move to GA, but she wasn't leaving her home. A young man from her church checked on her regularly. 

It's not looking good for Sandy. I've spent a lot of money on joint supplements, but none of them seem to be helping. I have to keep the shampooer out now because she either can't make it to go outside, or she doesn't want to walk to the door. I've cleaned and cleaned the last two days. I'm calling the vet on Monday to see if we can do x-rays to find her problem. She might not recommend this because of her age. When she walks, she leans to the right more, but not all the time. Some days she can't raise her back legs enough to get back inside, and some days she does ok. She has good days where she sprints in the living room to the door. Right now she is rolling back & forth on the floor and "talking" to me. This is the Sandy I am used to.

She has stopped sleeping on the dog bed in my room, but sleeps on a dog bed in the living room. Last night she came in my bedroom and looked up at me. I folded a blanket on the floor and she slept there all night. I had to give her a bath last night and that was hard for me to get her out of the tub. She whined while in the tub so I gave her a pain pill after I dried her with the hair dryer. There's nothing wrong with her appetite!

Billy visiting me at Eastern Kentucky University. He gave me his senior ring and asked me to "go steady." Actually, I found out later he had lost his ring and gave me his brother's HS ring, lol. 

I'll post some more pics later.

Last edited by DownSouth (6/17/2023 2:20 pm)

D e v o n n e

Board footera