OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/10/2023 9:47 am  #61

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 4 ~ SAT JUNE 10

CHERYL......SO SORRY TO HEAR OF THE CUSTODY ISSUES FOR AARON.  I GUESS THAT IS ONE SUPER GOOD REASON TO WAIT TIL THE KIDS ARE GROWN BEFORE DIVORCING.  LESS MESSY.  WITH YOUNG CHILDREN THERE WILL BE MORE OF IT.  I HOPE THEY LEARN TO DEAL WITH EACH OTHER WITHOUT PUTTING THE KIDS IN THE MIDDLE.  IT MAY TAKE SOME TIME THOUGH.

PATTY......I AM SURPRISED YOU COULD GET HALF A ROTISSIERE CHICKEN.  I DOUBT THEY DO THAT HERE.  YOU HAD A VERY NICE PERSON HELP YOU WITH THAT.  I KNOW WHEN MY SON GETS ME KFC, I USUALLY GET 3 MEALS FROM IT.  

DEVONNE.......I BOUGHT MY POWER PACK FROM TEMU BUT AS SOON AS THEY EMAILED ME WITH OTHER OFFERS I UNSUBSCRIBEDD THEM ON MY EMAILS.  I DO THAT TO ALL ONLINE ACCOUNTS.  I HAVE MY LOCAL FAVORITES LIKE TARGET AND HOME DEPOT IN MY FAVORITES SHOPPING COLUMN FOR FUTURE CONTACT.

HOLLY.......SOMETIMES I ENVY YOUR GUY.  HE GETS TO RIDE ON THE TRAINS NOW AND THEN.  I DO NOT FLY EITHER AND WOULD HAVE TO TRAVEL MY TRAIN OR CAR.  THESE DAYS NOT DRIVING MYSELF, IT WOULD BE TRAINS FOR SURE, BUT I LOVE MY TRAINS EVEN IF I HAD TO SLEEP IN A CHAIR.  IN FACT, A CHAIR WOULD DO MY BACK MUCH BETTER THAN A BED.

IT LOOKS LIKE RAIN HERE AGAIN.  WE'VE HAD RAINY DAYS BUT FOR ALL THE WEEK LONG, I HAVEN'T RECORDED EVEN A FULL 2" OF THE STUFF.  SO MY GARDEN IS DOING WELL.  I SEE SOME CUKE GREENERY POPPING UP.  I KEEP HARVESTING RADISHES EVERY DAY.  THE LEAF LETTUCE IS LOOKING GOOD, TOO.  THIS MORNING I TIED UP 4 OF MY TOMATO PLANTS.  THEY ARE GETTING LARGE ENOUGH TO NEED SOME SUPPORT FROM THEIR STAKES.  THE 2 HUSKY CHERRY ARE STILL THICK AND STRONG AND SHORT.  NO HELP NEEDED FOR THEM YET.

I WOULD LIKE A FEW PRAYERS PLEASE.  MY DAU'S OTHER DOG, WRANGLER, A NEWFOUNLAND/BLACK LAB MIX, HAS TUMMY TROUBLES NOW.  THEY TOOK HIM INTO THE EMERGENCY VET CLINIC EARLY THIS MORNING.  I AM WAITING TO HEAR.  I HOPE ITS NOT AS BAD AS WITH POOR GEMMA, WHO HAPPILY, IS HOME HEALING BUT SHE'S VERY TIMID RIGHT NOW.  SCARED OF EVERYTHING.  IT MAY BE FROM THE VET EXPERIENCE SHE HAD WITH SURGERY ON WEDNESDAY.  IT SOUNDS LIKE BOTH DOGS ATE THE SAME ROCKS PROBABLY.  THE QUESTION IS, WHY?

NOTHING ELSE EXCITING FROM ME. I SORTED MY WEEKLY PILLS, AND I HAVE STEAK DEFROSTED FOR SOME PEPPER STEAK SANDS LATER.  TODAY I WILL FINISH OFF THE LAST 2 HOT DOGS WITH SOME POTATO SALAD.
BE SAFE.  HUGS FOR ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/10/2023 10:03 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/10/2023 9:54 am  #62

Well, I messed up again, lost my post, so will start over!!!  It has been raining out and is very wet everywhere.  The fellow that Tracy hired to do some yard work is due here any time.  Not sure what she has planned for him to do today, she's still sleeping, know she was exhausted when she arrived last night, so will let her sleep until she wakes up.

Frank just got up, so don't have much time to post here.  Don't know if he has any plans for the day.  Think the day is supposed to improve eventually.  Certainly hope so!  The critters have been digging in my yard so it is a mess, little brown (dirt) piles every where!  Certainly wish they'd move to the neighbors!!

Think it's time I moved on, wishing good luck for you all today and hope you have a good one, BJ.

6/10/2023 10:26 am  #63

Cheryl, I have the 6500 and love it, so I understand your dilemma.

Judy, Julianna doesn’t get out of school til June 22, so no visiting for her! No summer job. She’s going to get her drivers permit and driving school done this summer, so she can drive with her parents. Our driving age is 17. You can take the written test, on the road training at 16, then drive with a licensed driver til you turn 17, when you can take the test. I gave her a generous check for her 16 birthday, so they can start to car shop. 

Ralph just arrived in Lakeland, and they are on the way to John’s. It’s 900 miles from us. 

Our air quality is now moderate. Sandra, is the smoke in your area?

6/10/2023 12:43 pm  #64

NO SMOKE IN OUR AREA.  IN FACT, THE CLOUDS HAVE PASSED AND ITS BRIGHT BLUE SKY AND PUFFY WHITE CLOUDS FOR NOW, THANK GOODNESS.  WE NEVER SAW THAT SMOKE HERE.

BLESSINGS HAPPEN.  WRANGLER HAS KENNEL COUGH, EASILY REMEDIED WITH MEDS.  GEMMA IS COUGHING NOW TOO, SO MAYBE SHE BROUGHT IT HOME FROM THE VET HOSPITAL AFTER HER SURGERY WED.  THINGS HAPPEN.

TIL TOMORROW.  HUGS, QB S 

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/10/2023 3:42 pm  #65

Sandra, have they been in a kennel? My vet doesn't give the kennel cough meds to my dogs because they're never in a kennel around other dogs. 

Holly, you are getting a little glimpse of what me, Sandra and Marylou's lives are like living alone. It's good Ralph won't be gone too long. 

Judy, I don't lift anything heavy, that's why I got pine straw instead of mulch. That project will wait until next week. I have a little cart that will hold one bale, so I can push it to the backyard and not carry it. It's so nice not to have any doctor appts. I don't have anything scheduled until August, for a dental cleaning. 

Cheryl, my heart aches for you. Looks like Aaron is going to need an attorney to fight this. Greg has been divorced 11 years and it's always something. When summer vacation started, Carter's mom had the first week with him. She works and can't be there with him. She told C he was mature for his age (he's 11) and could stay at home by himself. She never told him he could go to his Dad's house, 2 miles away. She told Greg he would be fine and he would have plenty of food. Every day Carter called by 8:00-8:15 and said Dad, are you coming to get me? We were happy!

My blueberries finally ripened and I picked them this morning. Sadie Grace picked a few when they were here. First time I've ever picked blueberries from my own yard. We had two plants at our last house, but they never did produce any berries. 

I'm taking it easy this weekend.  I was headed to the grocery store, but my car battery is dead. I left one of the back doors open a little. Now I'm charging the charger, lol. Will go tomorrow. I need mayo to make tuna salad. 

Last edited by DownSouth (6/10/2023 3:44 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/10/2023 7:21 pm  #66

The excitement in my life continues (she says sarcastically). Today was electronics recycling day in my county. I had an old tv and a sack full of cords, chargers that don’t fit anything I still have, and a few other little things. When I got to the facility I was surprised at the number of vehicles. The line snaked around sort of like the lines for rides at Disney World.  Twice I passed a truck pulling a trailer loaded with at least 15 large old TVs. Someone else had a chest freezer and a washer. They were very organized. All I needed to do was drive up, open vehicle, and they unloaded my junk. They threw small items in large boxes, stacked large items and wrapped in cellophane, then used a forklift to load in two semis. I think both semis were almost full. All of that stuff from a county with population of about 20,000!  This event is held every year. 

There was one other highlight in my day. I took my Subway sandwich outside to eat on the patio. I was sitting at a table with some blooming flowers in a pot in the middle of the table. Suddenly, there was a beautiful ruby throated hummingbird hovering about 18” in front of my face!  I think maybe he has been feeding on the flowers and was upset with me for invading his space.

6/10/2023 8:41 pm  #67

Mary Lou, we took electronics to be recycled a year or so ago, a whole carload. Right after Ralph gets back there is one at AAA, and he said he has enough to fill my car again. When he used to fix computers, people used to give him defective ones for parts. He closed down that biz, and is getting rid of defective and obsolete electronics. 

Devonne, it’s not the first time I’ve been alone here, he used to go on the train to visit the girls and would be gone for a few weeks. Heather called to check on me on her way home from work.

Board footera