OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/08/2023 12:22 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 4 ~ SAT JUNE 10

BJ, hope that didn't hurt Frank too bad. Ouch! 

Theresa, good news on the MLS listing!

Holly, happy birthday to Manda! Gary will be 55 in November and Greg will be 47 in December. Somedays I don't feel that old, others I do, lol! Has Ralph already left for Florida?

Diana, how are your new living quarters working out? Prayers for Elmer.

I have been a busy beaver. Yesterday I met Greg/Carter for lunch, took two Amazon packages back to the UPS store, went to Ross for Less & found a bathroom rug & a dress. The dress fits so it's a keeper! Not something I would wear out, lol. Came home and shampooed my bedroom carpet.

Today I washed the king size comforter, put on a summer color one, folded laundry, went to Bojangles drive thru for a quick breakfast. Then to Walmart & bought groceries and 8 bales of pine straw. Got the pine straw out of the car. I'll carry one at a time until I get them in the backyard. Let the dogs out to pee, gave them a treat, carried in the groceries, fixed a ham salad sandwich, took the bathroom trash out, planted another tomato plant (a Beefsteak this time). Washed the dishes by hand and now I'm resting. 

Sadie Grace & Caleb are coming at 3:00. Gary asked me if I could watch them while they go to the Braves game with friends. I told him to let them spend the night. This will be the first time they've spent the night with me.

Diane, that's wonderful you're happy with the paint color of your house. Greg couldn't decide; he hired a color consultant from Sherwin Williams. 

I just turned the air down. Gracie and Molly are getting a bath now! It's warm enough to let them dry on their own without using the hair dryer. I'll brush them when they're half dry and after they're completely dry. Molly has Maltese fur...kinda curly. Gracie has very soft fur, no curls. 

Last edited by DownSouth (6/08/2023 12:24 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/08/2023 12:37 pm  #42

I need to tell you what happened at Walmart this morning. I had my groceries and I checked out in the Garden Center, as I needed to get a Beefsteak tomato plant and 8 bales of pine straw. I asked the young clerk if she could get someone to meet me outside to load the pine straw and she said she was the only one there, so she would be doing it.

When I pulled my SUV up to load, I didn't see her. Evidently she had to go way back in the truck to get 8 good bales. There was NO LADDER NOR STEPS there for her to climb up in the truck and to get out. I don't know how she managed to climb in there, as it's high. She was really nice, but I told her I would be contacting Walmart to report this, as this is setting someone up for a very bad fall. I told her I would stack two pine straw bales so she could get out. She asked me if she could pass the bales down to me. Of course I said yes. She was hesitant to step on the bales, but I told her I would hold them. I could tell she was scared. 

Not only this, but the store is so hot, I was miserable shopping in there. It was this way last summer, yet they have done nothing to fix it. I'll need to pick my order up from now on or go to Ingles or Publix. 

D e v o n n e

6/08/2023 1:34 pm  #43

Devonne, I can't imagine with your back you being able to lift or carry a bale of anything.  Obviously, I don't know what pine straw is.  It must be fairly lightweight.  Nice of you to advocate for that poor girl and that  dangerous situation at W-M.  I'm impressed with all you got done this morning.  

Diane, congrats on your new endeavors.  So glad you are happy with all that was done.  Howard used to read every night before he went to sleep.  Long before his stroke, he quit cold turkey.  My opinion is that since all he EVER read was political or military thrillers, he got burned out.  He would never admit that to me, though.  So now we always watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.  I keep still with Wheel and let him figure it out.  Wonder if he knows I'm being quiet?  

Theresa, you surely have been on a merry-go-round for too long.  So glad things are falling into place.  You're Mom may like the interaction with others her age once she gets used to her new place.  I hope so.  Surely your brother must see your car there all this time?  I'm glad, in a way, your Mom doesn't know he's alive.  Maybe that makes her less sad than if she knew he doesn't care to stop by at all.  

I just ordered a tiered midi dress for Mary and Curt's wedding.  I had something I was going to wear, but didn't want to look silly and be tripping over a long dress I wasn't used to.  This will probably be ankle-length on me.  Color is Green Meadow, an all-over small  sage floral.  Sleeveless and scoop neck so I will need to wear my black cover-up.  If I find a light colored one, I would probably get that, but think the black will be okay for a late afternoon wedding and evening reception.  We'll see.  ML looked at it with me and approved--my fashion consultant! 
Well, QB, 50 cents isn't too bad to lose.  And you had the fun of it.  Are you still calling the numbers?  

Going to go.  Nice to have a quiet day at home with no pending anything.  Howard is lunching with Dave tomorrow, but I'm home and glad of it for a few days.  Have a good evening and sweet dreams.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (6/08/2023 1:39 pm)

6/08/2023 2:14 pm  #44

GOOD AFTERNOON!

WE HAVE AN AIR QUALITY ALERT FROM THE CANADIAN FIRS. I WAS OUSIDE A  LOT THIS MORNING AND HAVE FELT A LITTLE FUNNY SINCE. YESTERDAY, DS SAID THE AIR POLUTION  FROM THE FIRES BOTHERED HIS EYES AND SINUSES. PROBABLY TODAY TOO.

WE NEED SOME RAIN. ACCORDING TO THE WEATHER GUESSERS MAYBE ON THE WEEKEND.

SAN,  IS IT GOOD THAT THE CATHERAZATION POSTPONED? WILL KEEP PRAYING.

THERESA,  HOPE THE MOVE GOES WELL. YOU HAVE WORKED SO LONG AND HARD GETTING READY FOR ALL THIS. HOPE THE HOMES SELL QUICKLY AND YOU GET A GOOD RETURN. ALSO HOPE YOUR BROTHER DOESN'T CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS FOR YOU OR YOUR MOTHER.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AMANDA!

DIANE GLAD YOU ARE PLEASED WITH THE HOUSE PAINTING AND COLOR. A GOOD FEELING.

JUDY GLAD FOR THE GOOD REPORT ON YOUR EYES.

HOPE REMOVING THE STITCHES WAS AS PAINLESS AS POSSIBLE. 

SHOULD HAVE MADE NOTES.  RECENTLY MADE SOM AND THEN DIDN'T USE THEM. 

DEVONNE, HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOUR SON AND HIS FAMILY. GOOD FOR YOU FOR NOT OFFERING YOUR OPINION.

STARTLED BY A DEPUTY KNOCKING AT THE DOOR A LITTLE WHILE AGO. ONE OF DARRELL'S COUSINS PASSED AWAY IN NOV.2021 AND HIS EXECUTOR HAS DONE NOTHING IN SETTLING THE ESTATE. HE HAD TO HAVE SIGNED AND NOTARIZED AT PETITION TO APPOINT ANOTHER. AS LIVING RELATIVE HE HAD TO SIGN THE PETITION. CALLED THE LAW OFFICE AND THEY HAVE RECEIVED HIS COPY OF THE PETITION. NO MORE ACTION ON OUR PART. DARRELL IS NOT A BENEFICIIARY. NEEDLESS TO SAY, IT STARTLED DARRELL TO HAVE THE DEPUTY AT THE DOOR.

DEVONNE, THE LANDSCAPER SAID THAT MORE THAN LIKELY THE AZALEAS WILL NOT BLOOM THIS YEAR. WISH I COULD COME SIT IN YOUR GAZEBO AND VIEW YOUR LOVELY YARD. I ENJOY SEEING YOUR YARD AND FLOWERS ON FACEBOOK.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS.............................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

6/08/2023 2:59 pm  #45

Already had a showing at the lake.  Must look good on the site!  It seems real now!   

6/08/2023 9:11 pm  #46

Theresa, that’s fantastic! Is it a big lake? Fingers crossed! 
Devonne, wow, you are a busy one also! Ralph leaves tomorrow, will get to Fl on Saturday.

When my nephew Joseph died almost 4 years ago, Mike and Donna had him cremated, and buried his ashes in my mom’s plot. She was also cremated. She had a stone, and he’s had just a marker, because Mike couldn’t deal with changing the stone. This week Donna decided it was time, because their other sons are upset about Joe only having the marker. Mom’s stone doesn’t have room to add another name. Donna called me to see if we mind them getting a different stone, and a different color- Mom’s was pink granite. I said I’m fine with whatever they want to do, and Mom would be too. We were both sobbing by then. The company is going to do a mock up and email it to Donna, and she’ll share it with me. I’m just in awe that Donna and Mike are able to get out of bed and function every day. The same with Ralph’s brother and his wife, it will be 2 years in September since their son died. 

6/08/2023 11:05 pm  #47

lots of news! 
So very happy things seem to be happening now for you THERESA😄, your NSDB is going to be surprised. Will you make a post on Facebook to say you’re happy that mum is settled into her new living🤣

JANET sorry, couldn’t answer before, horrible internet at our o/night stop! I THINK I used to “open with” when I clicked on the document. Ours seems to open with Adobe automatically, otherwise print it, and take a photo and attach to a return email, otherwise call them and tell them you use Apple, what do they suggest.

DEVONNE so much work you have done, the short answer for cutting the squares of fabric is if you cut straight across EITHER width of fabric or selvedge you will be fine, if you cut at an angle you’ll get a bias edge - not good to work with.

SANDRA you have such great plans for meals, ours will be at clubs, restaurants mostly.
We had delicious food last night, quite a small motel, but clean and comfortable, and a big club across the road, made it so easy for us. Congrats on the bingo win, at the club last night a social group was playing dominos “ click, click” noises and REALLY fast 😄

INDY that sounds like a lovely gift, great idea. H and W could be twins😄, they are so alike! I hope ML gets to wear her shoes, I find that a pair of good, to go out at night, some good walking shoes/sandals and thats about it works well, I have broken the rule here, it’s pretty hot compared to home, so I have 2 sets, winter and summer!

We had a tough drive yesterday, both awake before 5am, and had very little sleep, glad to get to our motel, today awake again at 5, but we stayed in bed and took our time heading to breakfast, still got here really early.

We are heading to the bowling club (surprise😄) to meet friends, the guys are in a short competition tonight.

See you tomorrow

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/08/2023 11:07 pm  #48

=19.5pxHOLLY they are tough decisions, good to have finally made a special plaque for both (((hugs))) Hope Ralph has a good trip

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/09/2023 9:27 am  #49

ITS NICE TO SEE SO MANY POSTING.  I LOVE TO READ WHAT'S HAPPENING IN YOUR LIVES.  MINE IS SO DULL BY COMPARISON.

ANOTHER GRAY DAY HERE BUT SORT OF BRIGHT.  I HAVE NOT CHECKED MY GARDEN YET BUT EXPECT IT IS DOING JUST FINE.  
I MADE MY PORK CHOPS AND VEGGIES LAST NITE FOR SUPPER.  IT SURE TASTED GOOD.  I HAVE ENOUGH FOR LEFTOVERS AND I JUST TOOK STEAK OUT OF THE FREEZER TO DEFROST.  I LOVE MY N Y SIRLOIN.  I'M THINKING PEPPER STEAK SANDWICHES SINCE I NEED TO USE UP SOME ITALIAN ROLLS BEFORE THEY GO TO WASTE.

NOTHING EXCITING HAPPENING IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS.  I ORDERED SOME STAMPS ONLINE AND THEY ARE ON THEIR WAY.  TODAY I NEED TO FIND A NEW INSTANT-READ MEAT THERMOMETER.  I THINK TARGET HAS SOME GOOD ONES.  I BROKE THE COVER ON MY OFF/ON BUTTON AND ITS TOUGH TO GET IT TO WORK.  I NEED TO PLACE MY FINGERNAIL JUST SO.
YES, I AM STILL CALLING AT BINGO.  

THAT'S IT LADIES.  HUGS TO ALL AND PRAYERS WHERE NEEDED.  GOOD LUCK WISHES ON HOUSE SALES AND MOVING AS WELL AS MAKING TOUGH DECISIONS. THANK YOU FOR BEING MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/09/2023 9:31 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/09/2023 9:45 am  #50

Sandra, your life is just as exciting as mine!  The closest to exciting with me is that the deli worker sold me half a rotisserie chicken.  I like their chicken but a whole one is way too much. Even half gave me enough for two meals plus some in the freezer for another meal later. I didn’t pick the carcass very clean and then boiled it and will have chicken and noodles tonight.

6/09/2023 9:51 am  #51

Had a wonderful time with the kids. Sadie Grace talks constantly. Caleb isn't nearly as hyper. I let them get under the water sprinkler and we ate under the gazebo. They decided not to spend the night.

Today will be a day of rest. I won't do one little thing.

Anyone order anything from Temu? Supposedly, they have great prices. I put their App on my phone and they are constantly sending gift msgs. Think I'll stay with Amazon where it's easy to do returns.

Trish, is this bowling only for men or do women play as well? Here they are called bowling leagues. 

D e v o n n e

6/09/2023 10:02 am  #52

Good Morning, everyone!!  It is a dull day.  No sun and it just started to rain, makes me happy, everything is so dry.  The phone just rang, my visitor from Eden Home Health, she is not feeling well today, so will just come next week instead.  Fine with me!!

I have no plans for the day, except for one other home health person is coming by at some point.  Plus, my housecleaner will be here in a few minutes, she has to make all 3  beds this morning.

Nice to see Quiltbea loves to hear what's going on in our lives.  Not sure we're such an exciting group!  But we keep each other going, love to read what everyone's doing.  Well, I don't have anything else to say, so will just sign off, wishing everyone a wonderful day, BJ.

6/09/2023 10:38 am  #53

Ralph just boarded Amtrak. The car service picked him up in plenty of time. He was anxious about that, this is the first travel since Covid. 

6/09/2023 10:48 am  #54

Oops, didn’t mean to hit submit. The air quality is bad, I’m staying in, even tho I have most of the windows open.

I finished my Afghan last night, #6 for this year. Next up is baby sea turtle Afghan, looks like sand and water. And I just pulled yarn for Attic 24 Dahlia, a free pattern from her blog. I have to order a few colors. It’s a lot of reds and purples, with a splash of yellow. 

Sandra, I admire how much cooking you do! And how much you share with your neighbors. 

Today is my nephew Jake’s birthday, he’s 23. He’s the youngest of the group of kids of us, my brother Mike, and Ralph’s brother Frank. He’s a sweet kid, who was wrecked by the death of his brother Joe. My parents grandchildren ranged from born in 1974 to 2000! 

6/09/2023 12:57 pm  #55

Afternoon y'all! 
DS TAKE THAT APP OFF YOUR PHONE!!!!! They are a Chinese company, there is, supposedly, spy ware in their app! 
Holly it is actually a river, but it leads to a lake, we just call it the lake house! 
Trish not saying anything to NSDB, until everything is sold!  My aunt told me to not give him anything or to contact him.  I am partially listening.  I will give him some things, I will not contact him!
I have had my morning walk, and am cutting the grass, had to stop to recharge the batteries.  I'm thinking I liked dad's old electric mower, better, it was plugged in the whole time you cut, no batteries needed, I did cut the power cord a time or two though! 
Mom has been arguing with me about cutting the grass, wants me to hire someone, "it's not a woman's job"!   She's mad because I am doing it! 
I guess while the batteries are charging I can run errands.  Need to mail a check, that's a PO trip, and get ink from Target for the printer!  Such excitement! 
Alex is coming tonight and will cut what I don't do tomorrow.  I will go to the lake and put up caution tape, at the top of the stairs to the dock!  Plus remove more junk.  He will have the truck, so I can load it up! 
Need to go run my errands!  Later my Friends! 

6/09/2023 1:03 pm  #56

Howard is at lunch with Dave.  He went first to W-M for my RX.  I 'spect he'll be home momentarily.  
So...I called Cousin Judy in SC and we had a good catch up call.  She always has good ideas on how I should live my life!   That sounded a bit mean but it is funny to me sometimes.  And we live a long way apart so no checking up!  ETA:  Told you so--he just walked in!   Oh goody, he's going upstairs to take a nap and taking Fancy with him. 

Trish, glad you're "there" and starting your activities.  Good food that you don't have to cook goes a long way for making anything fun.  Relax and let everything else go. 
Geez, Mary Lou, I could eat half a deli chicken all by myself!  Shows, too! 
Holly, your daily life will be different for a bit.  Hope Ralph has a good trip down.  I know your brother is like his, but he's a good guy for doing this.  How long do you think he'll be gone?  Did you brother get his results, yet?  

Devonne,  well maybe you wouldn't have slept as well with the kids there.  Glad you had a good time with them.  I just love the name Sadie Grace.  It's so charming and old-fashioned.  Since I've never bothered with this, is it okay with you if I name my Featherweight after her?   
Guess I'll go for now.  Need to do some other things on this laptop.  
Indy 

Last edited by indyanny (6/09/2023 1:06 pm)

6/09/2023 1:13 pm  #57

Judy, Ralph will leave there next Wednesday and be home Thursday. John said he got a portal link that will let him see the CT results. I just checked on find my friends, and he’s in DC. The house feels so empty! 

I was texting with Ashley the other day. Like all of us, she’s hanging in there.

6/09/2023 6:56 pm  #58

Judy, of course I don't mind. I think that's sweet you want to do that.

Theresa, I've already deleted it. Thanks!

I had pork chops and asparagus on the menu for dinner. Ended up fixing chili dogs, lol. 

Holly, do you ever make an afghan all one color, or maybe two colors?

D e v o n n e

6/09/2023 8:01 pm  #59

Good evening friends,
It has been a while since I posted here.  I have been in a mood, I guess.  Vision is still not right but getting better.  Had another dr appt today and she said it is healing nicely.  Expect 5-6 months for total healing and even then perhaps not quite clear vision.    Had both eyes dilated at 10 am and they are still sort of .dilated.

Aaron is dealing with child custody issues with his witchy ex.  Now she is trying to convince the kids that Aaron is keeping them from her and that he "forced her" to sign the divorce agreement.  All not true but they tend to believe everything she says.  Gabriel does not want to go live with her nor does he want to change schools but now Amelia says she wants to go.  Her mom and dad split the cost of Taylor Swift concert tickets for her birthday and she thinks only her mom bought them.  She asked her dad what he was getting her for her birthday and he said he shared in the cost of the tickets and she said her mom said she had not received any money from Aaron. Technically she did not because Sue owed $400.00 for her share of Gabriel's school trip to Washington.  Aaron said he would pay for it all and she could pay for the concert tickets.   She makes me crazy.  Constant drama with her and now Amelia is doing the same.

I finally took my Janome 6600 in for cleaning and repair.  They called today with an estimate; $280-$320. The bobbin area had to be rebuilt or something like that. I will go ahead and do it.  I was thinking about getting a new machine but I really like this one. It is great for piecing and quilting.  I love the Acu-feed quilting system is has.

Devonne, I am watching the Virgin River series.  I have one season left.  I think the new one has started but I have not checked on it for a while.  I did read all the Robin Carr books and like them all.

Theresa,nice to hear that the probate went through.  It sure can take a long time these days.

Carol, so sorry about the sudden passing of your BIL.

San, prayers that all goes well for Elmer.  

Holly, I thought of you when the news said that Philadelphia had such poor air quality due to the wild fires in Canada.  We had a couple of days with alerts and the sunsets were bright orange/yellow.  Today was much better.

Sandra, like you, I do not care for too hot weather.  The past week has been in the 70's so it has been perfect for me.  

Thinking of you all even if I did not mention you specifically by name.

6/10/2023 9:45 am  #60

Thanks for that, Devonne.  It IS her name so I wanted to ask you, first.  I'm not especially given to naming inanimate objects but did name one of my cars Sibyl only because cousin, Judy in SC named hers Fern.
Funnier yet, she once named her dog, George, her father-in-law's name and it infuriated Aunt Franny, (her MIL).  She was planning to name her other puppy, Frances, but after that reaction, she didn't!  As you could guess, Judy is a character!  

Howard's going out to mow, a job he hates.  Of course, we have a too big yard, of course.  

Holly, I just knew your house would feel empty.  I'm glad Ralph's time away won't be too long.  Might seem like it, though.  Do you have any solo plans while he's gone?  Maybe Juliana could come up and stay with you for a day or so.  Does she have a summer job?  

Cheryl, so sorry for the drama.  Why oh why does the one who causes the breach, gets what THEY want, 
always end up causing more trouble and grief?  Since you like your machine so much, I think you made the right decision.  New ones are sky high from what I hear.   Have missed you...

It should be a quiet day here.  Grateful for that.  Tuesday, ML's leave for England for the 16 days.  Will seem strange to have them gone, but they left for Italy, when Andrew was a student there, the day after Mom died.  That was really a strange and limbo-ish experience.  I have some ideas for us to do while they're gone.  One is already in place-lunch with our friends, Carol and Albert.  Time flies so it will go fast at any rate.

Off to get some further breakfast.  I couldn't sleep, got up at 4:30, ate a pc. of toast and cup of coffee so feeling empty again.  Have a good day.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (6/10/2023 9:46 am)

Board footera