OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/06/2023 9:34 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 4 ~ SAT JUNE 10

Good Morning to everyone!  Have no great plans for the day, one care-giver will be her at 9 to work on me and another at 11, so I'll have a full day.

It's a beautiful day here, it is now 55* but should be in the 80's before long.  It is very still, not a leaf is blowing.  So many of the flowers are gone from the bushes, kinda sad!  We hired a fellow this weekend to do some yard work here,  Tracy does a lot but she just can't keep it up.  He seemed like a nice fellow, will be here Friday or Saturday to get started.  Will be very nice to get the yard in shape.  Can't remember, but it seems like we have an acre.

Well, it seems like time has gotten away from me.  It is 8:30ish, so better get moving.  The first fellow will be here at 9, so better get moving.  Have a wonderful day, everyone, will talk at you tomorrow, BJ.

6/06/2023 10:37 am  #22

Tricia, the test is the 8th, don’t know how long it will take to get it read by the radiologist and a report sent. 

We went to the diner for breakfast, brought home enough for another breakfast! 

Devonne, better to hold your tongue, even if you bite a hole in it! No matter how good your advice is, they probably won’t take it. 

Janet, sounds like your place is the definition of a money pit! 

6/06/2023 12:22 pm  #23

Hello, hello!  Back from recuperating from my company, last Friday.  Was completely worthless on Saturday.
Sunday, we did church in our living room, then went to Urgent Care for my almost 2 wk. poison ivy that wasn't going away and had spread to many areas--but rather small spots.
Doc there didn't think it was bad enough for oral cortisone so gave me Kenalog Cream.  Yesterday, when I got up, it was spreading more so I called my PCP's office and told his nurse all the details.  She suggested my doc might order the oral.  He did so we went again to W-M and picked up the Prednisone.  It's already stopped the spreading and the cream is working on the lesions.  Got it at the end of the porch even tho I was super careful, wearing plastic gloves, scrubbing my arms with Fels-Naptha, washing clothing and shoes in hot water and detergent...
Maybe I told all this before.  Can't remember but this is the end of the story...I hope...

Carol, so sorry for the loss of your BIL.  So sudden and unexpected.  Prayers for you and your dear sister--two dreadful losses so close together.

Linda, what a terrible fall.  Glad you're on the mend.

San, will be praying for Elmer, and you, as he has this test or procedure,  You're probably right about that.  

Devonne, if that happens, it will be a big loss for you.   Plus they just bought that big piece of land and had their plans in place.  Even if they can't get around to building, they seemed to enjoy RV living, I think.
I hate change!  Especially change that affects so many others and especially you at this time, my dear friend. 
I'll bet Greg is having a cow!  Forgive  my big mouth which doesn't have to be still, like you do. 

Trish, all this preparation will be worth it when you get on your way and have this little mini vacation but I'm sure at times you want to throw in the towel.  So nice that Pete can stay at your place and help out with his nephews and the pets.  Hope you found your Mary Janes...
Mary Leigh and fam. are leaving for England a week from today.  I believe she has bought about every pair of shoes in town.  She told me one thing she didn't want to worry about was her shoes...so...
We got our wedding invitation from our 80 yr. old friend and her 80 yr. old husband-to-be, yesterday.  it's August 5th.  They are very happy and make a darling couple.  He's a cousin by my former marriage, and I've know him since we were children.  He is more my own cousin than some of my real cousins.  In the night, it came to me what to give them as a wedding gift.  (I was a bit surprised that they didn't request 'no presents')  Maybe that's only done for special anniversaries.  I say that because they are combining their two full households into her smaller home.  So, I have an antique oval bowl, white with a pale blue glaze (not shiny, and in perfect condition) and the design on the  iside of the bowl is a raised row of sea shells all the way around, something, I bought at an antique shop years ago and seldom, if ever ? used.  Her home is decorated in white and blue, rather sparcely and all of the decor is tasteful and beautiful.  So is this bowl and I believe it's something she'd love.  She has a fair amount of antiques in her decor.  ML has given her approval, Howard doesn't care and they are both loaded and don't need money.  

With that, I'll close and go make my tuna macaroni salad for supper.  So glad to be back...
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (6/06/2023 12:51 pm)

6/06/2023 12:30 pm  #24

GOOD AFTERNOON!

GOT THE POTTED PLANTS WATERED. NOT AS EARLY AS I PLANNED. WE ARE HAVING HAZE FROM THE CANADIAN WILDFIRES. SHOULD HAVE WORKED ON GETTING THE WEEDS OUT OF THE POTS FOR THE TOMATOES AND ADD MORE DIRT. 

THE TWO POTS ARE ABOUT 12 INCHES DEEP AND ABOUT 20 INCHES WIDE ON THE INSIDE. THEY ARE PLASTIC AND LOOK LIKE HALF BARRES. HAVE NOT GROWN TOMATOES IN THEM FOR SEVERAL YEARS. THINK LAST PLANTS WERE PETUNIAS. THINK THE SUMMER OF 2020. MOSTLY WEEDS AND GRASS SINCE THEN.

THE IMPATIENTS OUT FROM HAVE GROWN A LITTLE AND HAVE MORE BLOOMS. TRYING TO DECIDE IF NEED TO SNIP OFF A LITTEL. DID TRY TO PINCH OUT THE GROWING TIPS TO ENCOURAGE TO GROW OUT NOT UP. OPINIONS, PLEASE. THANKS.

THE IMPATIENTS THAT I PUT IN A POT ON THE PATIO (COVERED), SO THEY ARE NOT IN DIRECT SUN HAVE GROWN SOME TOO. THEY WERE THE ORANGE ONES THAT I DIDN'T WANT OUT OUT FRONT.

I THINK THE AZALEAS WILL GET ENOUGH SUN. THEY GET ABOUT 4 HOURS IN THE MORNING AND A FEW MORE HOUS IN THE AFTERNOON. JUST LOOKED AND THEY ARE STILL MOSTLY IN THE SUN. A LITTLE AFER 2 [M HERE.

DARRELL'S EYE CHECK UP WAS GOOD. NO CHANGE IN HIS LENSES Tx AND CAN WAIT LONGER FOR CATARACT SURGERY. HE IS REALLY DREADING THAT. CHECK UP IN 6 MONTHS.

SAN, Ts AND Ps FOR YOU AND ELMER. HOPE THE TESTING IS EASY FOR HIM. HAD ONE MYSELF. THEY WENT THRU MY ARM. 

CAROL, SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR BIL PASSING. CONDOLENCES TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. HOPE THE TRAVELING IS EASY AND UNEVENTLFUL.

HOLLY, Ts AND Ps FOR YOUR BROTHER.  HARD WHEN YOU ARE SO FAR AWAY. 

NEED TO CHANGE TWO EYE APPOINTMENTS. TOLD THE GIRL THAT NEEDED TO BE AT LEAST TWO TO THREE WEEKS AFTER INJECTION. SHE MADE IT FOR 9 DAYS AFTERN. WAS ON HOLD 10-15 MIN AND GAVE UP WITLL TRY AGAIN. DARRELL ALREADY HAS AN APPOINTMENT ON THE SAME DAY IN DEC. WILL KEEP TRYING.

WE DID GET HIS SIGNATURE NOTARIZED AT THE BANK YESTERDAY. TRYED TO CALL THE BRANCH AND WAS ON HOLD FOR OVER HALF HOUR AND THAT WAS WITH REDIALING WHEN IT GOT TO WHERE THEY WERE WANTING MY INFORMATION EVEN WITH DOING THE PROMPT TO SPEEAK TO SOMEONTE AT THE BRANCH. UGH.............

BETTER GET BACK TO LAUNDRY AND OTHER CHORES. TOMATOES WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL EARLY EVENING. SUPPOSED TO RAIN TONIGHT AND SOME TOMORROW. HOPE SO. WATERED THE SHRUBS YESTERDAY MORNING EARLY.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS............................................

Last edited by strings (6/06/2023 12:33 pm)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

6/06/2023 1:01 pm  #25

Holly- it is indeed.

Anyone hear a computer (iPad) techie?
I received an excel attachment with an email. I have to fill it in. I opened it but now what?

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/08/2023 11:08 pm)

6/06/2023 1:45 pm  #26

Sotty. Can not help you.

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

6/07/2023 9:30 am  #27

Wow, where is everyone?
Kids probably won’t come home this summer, airfare is ridiculous. It would cost Manda, Ben and the kids $3500! They are considering a fall visit, when airfare would be a quarter of that. 

I should finish my Afghan today or tomorrow. I’m a loose crocheter, so it will be less rows than called for. It will be over 6 feet long when I’m done. 

Yesterday was the anniversary of D Day. 

6/07/2023 9:32 am  #28

Good Morning, it is warm already w/the sun shining and the tiniest of breezes.  Have no great plans for the day, will try to do my exercises that the woman gave me yesterday.  Am supposed to do them every day, will really try.  It is already 62* here so will be hot today.  Don't have any plans for the day, will likely be a lazy bum, as usual.  

Will just sign off, as I have no plans or anything to say,  have a wonderful day, BJ.

6/07/2023 11:16 am  #29

ITS AN IFFY DAY.  SOMETIMES CLOUDY, THE SUN POPS OUT, THEN CLOUDY AGAIN.  GOT JUST ENOUGH RAIN SHOWER TO WET THE GROUND.  GARDEN IS DOING WELL.  I SEE SOME TOMATO BLOSSOMS GROWING ON THE PLUM TOMS AND SOME ON THE PEPPERS. 

I HAD SOME HOT DOGS AND COTTAGE CHEESE FOR LUNCH.  DEBATING ON WHETHER TO MAKE POTATO SALAD AND THEN SOME ROASTED P CHOP WITH TATERS AND CARROTS FOR LATER.  OR MAYBE I SHOULD JUST HAVE MORE CHILI.  I NEED TO USE UP SOME FOODS.  THE P CHOPS CAN WAIT TIL TOMORROW.  I ALSO HAVE BINGO TONITE.  LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.  HOPE I WIN SOME AGAIN.

ITS QUIET ON HERE TODAY.  I CAME ON LATE AND STILL FEW POSTED.  GLAD TO SEE THAT BJ IS GOING TO BE DOING EXERCISES ASSIGNED TO HER.  I HOPE IT HELPS HER.

TIL ANOTHER TIME.  HUGS, QB S  

Last edited by quiltbea (6/07/2023 11:16 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/07/2023 12:45 pm  #30

Afternoon y'all! 
Things are moving along!  Lake property is going on the market in the next couple days!  I keep checking Zillow like that will expedite things! LOl!  Signed last of the paperwork this morning!  Need to make a couple calls and figure how to put a sign or barrier so people don't try to go down the rotten stairs to the dock.  Most of the steps are missing but you know many people do not use their brains and I don't want the liability!  
We have a tentative move date for moms move.  June 24th.  Hubby and I need to decide room type, apparently there's a bunch of rooms available at the first choice facility!  This is good news for us!  Got mom's car tentatively sold, I have someone else interested in the lake property, things are going good for the moment!  Not counting my chickens until they hatch! 
Carol I'm so sorry about your BIL.  I wish I was home, I would love to meet up with you!  
Today, I am doing some laundry, already walked, it's hot here with air quality alerts!  Will work on boxing crystal figurines today!  DNeice wants some, but won't tell me what she wants, so I will just guess!  She already took some of the Emmet Kelly clown figurines, I don't want them!  This is tedious work and I don't want to do it, but regardless it needs to be done!
Mom is doing OK.  She can be a pain.  My sister was more of a saint than I really thought she was.  
Nothing exciting, just busy as usual! 
Later my Friends!  

6/07/2023 12:58 pm  #31

Wow, the news was just showing NYC, the smoke from the wildfires in Canada is so bad you can hardly see the buildings! It’s impacting flights to LaGuardia, and helicopter traffic! 

6/07/2023 2:43 pm  #32

Theresa, that's a good idea not to count those chickens too early. How far is this facility from your house? Is the lake property close to your Mom's house? I can't begin to tell you how happy I am for you that things are looking up! You've done so much work! 

Holly, I am still biting my tongue, lol! I met Greg and Carter for lunch at Longhorn & Greg said it's "just talk." I hope he's right. I gave Carter two gift cards for making A's and B's...I was a little late, lol. He loves the pretzel crust pizza at Little Caesar's. 

Janet, fill it out, save it as an Excel extension and mail it back to them as an attachment. Seems simple, or maybe I am misunderstanding? If you can't fill it in on the computer, print it, fill it in and scan it to them via your printer. My printer will allow you to scan documents & send to a specific email address.

My laptop needs charging....back later.

I'm back! Just going to add to this post. Judy, I did read your post. Glad you got the prednisone. 

The bumble bees are really liking the petunias and the phlox. I have only seen one butterfly this year and not the first hummingbird yet. 

I'm still full from Longhorn so didn't fix any dinner. I bought one of those "One Size Fits All" dresses at Ross for Less. I mostly want it to wear when I go outside in the evening to sit on the patio. I haven't tried it on yet. If it looks awful, I'll still keep it as long as it fits. 

Last edited by DownSouth (6/07/2023 5:56 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/07/2023 3:09 pm  #33

Had an eye doctor recheck this morning.  He was happy with the results of my laser surgery.  I don't need to go back for a year unless the other eye gets worse.  Yippee!  Still dealing with the dilation effects.  After, we got a few groceries but came home to eat lunch.  Who wants to eat out when they can't see clearly?  And, I only slept about 4 total hours last night, so am worthless again, today.   Always something when you're my age...and have poison ivy and maybe the prednisone is causing the sleep problem, or so the pharmacist warned it might.  

Theresa, if YOU don't want them, give them all to your niece.  You'll never miss them.  Take it from one who knows!   So glad to hear how things are moving along.  With everything you've been doing, do you think your Mom  is understanding that she'll be leaving her house for something else?  I'm glad you'll only need to make the moving of her once, and not after she's lived with you.  You need some normalcy in your life again.  You deserve it.  

Holly, my friend Bobbie and hubby are driving from D.C. home today right thru PA which looks awful on the weather map.  We've texted and so far she says it's just cloudy.  Maybe the smoke will lessen as they drive west.  I agree, Holly, NYC looks terrible.  And, think of the respiratory effects of this.  

BJ,  hope you can handle the exercises.  I believe they will make a difference for you over time.  Are they for  strengthening?  

I feel like I blabbed so much yesterday, not much to say, today.  So, think I'll close this.  Howard is camped in front of my tv in the living area.  He does have the sound in his hearing aids, only, so it's quiet. Can't fuss about this as he did take me this morning and sat in the car for over an hour waiting.  Was his choice.  I found it a little strange that he said he didn't even read anything.  Just sat there.  One of the differences in him after his stroke.  On well, I'm not trying to borrow trouble.  Only always watching, in a way...
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (6/07/2023 3:14 pm)

6/07/2023 7:22 pm  #34

6:15 pm Wednesday June  7th

Prayers and hugs everyone..

Have a good day..

Extra Prayers and hugs  as needed..  I know there are those that need them.,  Carol for family with passing  of BIL,  Linda (I think) for her fall, Holly  ( I think) for ???  And. Others..

DH Elmer got a call this morning from Dr office - procedure  TAVR  -  heart cath  is postponed until  June  20th..  I am doing lots of extra Prayers..

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

6/08/2023 12:03 am  #35

San, it's great to see you posting again!
I'm terribly sorry for the health issues with you and your husband!  🙏🏻🙏🏻

Indy, since Mom had a stroke a year ago, she no longer enjoys reading.  But I got her involved in jigsaw puzzles last summer, and that's her new hobby. I hope Howard finds joy in reading again!

I hope your eyes continue to behave!

Linda, I'm sorry your eyes continue to trouble you!  I can relate!

Theresa, I'm glad things are looking up!😁🤗

BJ, I hope the exercise helps you immensely!  You inspire me!

Sandra, I love reading about your garden!

I got interrupted and lost my train of thought.  I'll wish you all well and try to get on tomorrow.

By the way, our house is finished, and looks absolutely beautiful! 💃🏼😍 We are soooo excited and happy with the results! We still have to build the deck, but depending on the bid (same contractor), we may build it ourselves.

I better run for now.  🤗🙏🏻

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

6/08/2023 8:46 am  #36

ANOTHER IFFY DAY HERE.  SUNNY RIGHT NOW THO AND CLEAR OUT THERE.  NO SMOKY AIR FROM THE NORTH, THANK GOODNESS.

I MADE THE POTATO SALAD AND SHARED WITH TOM NEXT DOOR.  HE LOVES MY COOKING.  THE ONLY THING SO FAR HE DOES NOT LIKE IS RADISHES.  ITS NICE TO KNOW I DO NOT HAVE TO TOSS OUT FOOD DUE TO HAVING TOO MUCH.
TODAY THE PORK CHOPS AND VEGGIES MUST GET ROASTED.  I HAVE STALLED ON THOSE LONG ENOUGH.

THERESA.....ITS NICE TO HEAR THINGS ARE FINALLY MOVING ALONG AND THERE'S LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL.  YOU CAN SOON GO BACK TO NORMAL LIVING.  ITS ALSO NICE THAT YOU CAN PICK AND CHOOSE YOUR MOM'S LIVING QUARTERS.

JUDY......HOORAY FOR YOU WITH A GOOD EYE EXAM.  THAT'S ALWAYS WHAT WE WANT TO HEAR.

DIANE.......AND GOOD FOR YOU HAVING YOUR HOUSE FINISHED, EXCEPT FOR THE DECK.  I KNOW THAT'S A JOB YOU ARE GLAD TO SEE THE TAIL END OF NOW.

NOTHING ELSE EXCITING HERE.  OH, I LOST 50 CENTS AT BINGO LAST NITE WHICH ISN'T BAD AT ALL.  
STAY SAFE MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/08/2023 8:50 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/08/2023 9:58 am  #37

Well, I had posted and lost it somehow.  So will start again.  Frank has to go to Dr. today to get stitches out of chest, not sure how that will work as he can't even touch the area, it is so sore.  Time will tell.

It is very still outside, but 62* already at 8:50.   I really don't have much to say this morning, did my exercises and had my breakfast.  No energy, but will shuffle off to my chair when I'm done here.

Just wanted to say Hi! to everyone!  Hope you all have a really  nice day, sending love and best wishes to all, BJ.

6/08/2023 11:28 am  #38

Afternoon y'all! 
DS mom will be ~ 3 miles from my house. The lake house is 45 minutes from her house! 
Indy I am keeping some, just not many.  They are a pain to clean.  They are Swarovsky Crystal and exclusive to Europe pieces! I will share she is limited in space, especially when she moves to Arizona! Some of the crystal is figurines, they are easy to clean.  The ones I know I have I am giving to her, we will split the rest! 
QB we chose a room, slept on it and I just sent the email about it!  Things are moving along! 
I talked with mom, again, about the move, this morning.  Today she is on board, tomorrow, who knows!  She's also on board with selling the house!  I'm good with that!   
Got my walk done and worked on sending emails about mom, and nothing else unless a grocery list counts.  We need food!  LOL! 
I still worry about what my NSDB will do once he figures out what I have done!  He chose to stay away and not stop by, even though he is in the area almost every day.  Apparently his friends are more important than his own mother!  Makes me sad, that he is missing days with her, she's 90, we have no clue how much longer she will be with us.  If it's up to her she will be the oldest person alive one day, she's healthy as a horse!  When you talk to her she asks me to remind her when he died!  She can remember DSis's passing, so in her mind he must be dead! 
I have a whole different set of things to do.  We're moving her in 2 weeks!  I need to pack the items in her dresser, and closet just keep a couple things out that she needs in the next couple weeks!  Once we move her, I will get her good undergarments, and such.  Can't leave her long enough for that kind of shopping trip! I am once again overwhelmed, just a different overwhelmed. 
The lake will get it's MLS number today!  
Nothing else, need to go and get ready to head to Wally World for food!  Easiest and closest, Food Lion is close but expensive!  
Later my Friends! 

6/08/2023 11:37 am  #39

Theresa, just curious, are you moving all her furniture or are you leaving it to stage the house? I’m so glad there is a light at the end of the tunnel for you, what a chore this has been! 

It’s not hazy in my area, but the air quality is bad, schools have cancelled outdoor activities, and some schools closed for the day. The pix from NYC are terrible.

Today is Manda’s 42nd birthday! 

6/08/2023 11:52 am  #40

Holly she will be going from a 3 bedroom house to a suite/apartment.  Limited furniture will go!  We're taking a queen bed from my house and giving it to her, hers is too hard for her to get in and out of, I struggle!  We will take other stuff from here, she will have limited storage so my house will be her storage!  
I'm emailing back and forth to the complex, I need to make her an appointment for a TB test.  Can't shirk policy!   I know she has not been exposed, she goes nowhere! 

Board footera