OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/28/2023 3:35 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY JUNE 4 ~ SAT JUNE 10

Last edited by tricia-anne (5/28/2023 3:36 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/04/2023 8:33 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 4 ~ SAT JUNE 10

Late start today for me…and for others too? I’m usually up by 6:15 but today, 9:15?
Today is DH birthday. Nothing planned. I may make him a pumpkin pie. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/06/2023 4:57 am)

6/04/2023 8:39 am  #3

ITS SUNDAY.....
I POSTED ON SATURDAY BY MISTAKE SO DELETED IT THERE. 
NOTHING EXCITING FOR ME TODAY ANYWAY.
DULL DAY FOR ME.  MORE RAIN.  
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  QB S

I PICKED THESE RADISHES YESTERDAY FOR MY SALAD TODAY.

TAKEN LYING ON MY MARBLE-LIKE COVER OVER MY ELECTRIC BURNERS.

Last edited by quiltbea (6/04/2023 8:43 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/04/2023 9:31 am  #4

Good Morning, be a bit brief as we still have a house full of company!  Someone just got up and I can hear voices now so it may be time to take a shower soon.  Took Frank his coffee and I know Jamie is up as I saw him earlier reading out on the lawn.   Not much going on, it is very still outside and it is 55*.  Need to run and take my shower, so will just say Hi! to everyone and wish you all a good day, BJ.

6/04/2023 1:38 pm  #5

I hope everyone is having a blessed Sunday. I don't have a church I attend because I got "mixed messages" in my life experience. I do watch services on You Tube. It's not the "I belong here" feeling.

So many people struggle and so many go hungry, and here I am blessed beyond measure. Today I am thankful I still have my beautiful Sandy with me. I am treasuring every single day I have left with her. 

Here's a quilt picture I've been anxious to make for about a year, but I need to start collecting floral prints. The shabby chic ones are just beautiful. I'm sorry it's blurry, but you "get the picture," lol. I do have a question. When you are put these blocks together, it is important that you put the straight of grain diagonal or vertical, or does it matter in blocks this small? I think I'm going to do 8x8 blocks. 

ETA: One more question. Would you do larger floral prints, as well as small floral?

Last edited by DownSouth (6/04/2023 2:06 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/04/2023 4:35 pm  #6

Hi, everyone. 

Quick stop.  Janet, Happy Birthday to Jerry!  I hope the house projects are done.

Holly, good for you on the new furniture.  I hope all of you are more comfortable.  I'm with Ralph on giving things to family and friends.  

Linda, I hope you're better after your fall.  That's so scary.

Sandra, pretty radishes.  

Devonne, I would keep everything on the straight grain, and I would use a variety of scale of prints.  Just my two cents worth.  

Trish, I admire you for getting in those workouts every day.  Good for you.  

Theresa, glad the probate part is over, so that you can focus on getting yourself and your mom back to Atlanta.  Todd will be so happy to have you home.  What are Alex, Sarah, and Luke doing for the summer? 

Okay, dinner's ready.  Gotta go.  

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

6/04/2023 9:41 pm  #7

=16.25pxSHOULD HAVE POSTED EARLIER TODAY.

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JERRY. HOPE IT WAS A GOOD DAY.

WE HAD A STORM YESTERDAY. WISH IT HAD RAINED A LITTLE LONGER. WE HAVE BEEN A LITTLE DRY. WILL HAVE TO WATER THE SHRUBS TOMORROW MORNING. DARRELL HAS AN EYE EXAM TOMORROW AFTERNOON. WE ALSO NEED TO HAVE DARRLELL'S SIGNATURE NOTARIZED ON A DOCUMENT FOR ONE O HIS LATE COUSIN'S ESTATE. A NEW EXECTOR NEEDS TO BE APPOINTED. ONLY TWO OF THE REMAINING COUSINS NAMED IN THE WILL.

DEVOONE, YOUR YARD WILL BE EVEN PRETTIER. I ENJOYED SEEING YOUR PLANTS ON FACEBOOK. DO YOUR ENCORE AZALEAS BLOOM MORE THAN ONCE? THE TAG ON MIME, SAY SPRING, SUMMER AND FALL.  AUTUM CHIFFON IS THE NAME. YOU CAN LOOK THEM UP ON ENCOREAZALEA.COM  .I DO HOPE THEY WILL BLOOM THE 3 TIMES. ANXIOUS TO SEE IF THEY WILL LOOK LIKE THE PHOTO. BTW, THESE ARE DWARF VARIETY.

I DIDN'T PLANT THE TOMATOES TODAY. I KNOW GETTING LATE FOR PLANTING.  LAST TIME TRIED TO DO TOMATOES, WAS A DSASTER. SO NOT TOO OPTIMISTIC.

BOUGHT 4 PLANTS (VERY SMALL) FOR PLAMTER. ONLY HAVE TWO. IF I PLANT 2 IN EACH POT, MAY NOT HAVE ROOM FOR TOMATO CAGE. HOPE I CAN FIND THEM. MAY HAVE TOSSED THEM. I DO HAVE MY LATE GRANDMOTHERS URNS THAT COULD PLANT IN, IF I GET SOME MORE DIRT. THE URNS ARE NOT AS LARGE AS THE PLANTER POTS. FAIRLY GOOD SIZE. THINK LARGER THAN THE URN OUT FRONT. THEY WERE OLD WHEN I WAS A YOUNG GIRL.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS...................................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

6/05/2023 8:16 am  #8

7::00 am Monday June 5, 2023

Prayers and hugs everyone..

Have a good day..

Asking for prayers again..

DH Elmer is having a heart catheterization on June 8th.. this Thursday..

Elmer told me that they said that his Aortic heart valve is not working good.. that it is almost shut and needs replaced.. he said that Thursday is a test.. but the paperwork looks like the procedure.. he had his consultation on June 1..

Praying 🙏 all are doing good..

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/06/2023 4:56 am)

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

6/05/2023 9:32 am  #9

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is a beautiful morning here!  Only 52* but the sun is shining brightly and it is very still, not a breeze blowing.  I am feeling very stupid this morning, can't seem to write anything without having to correct it 2 or 3 times, so will just sign off and wish everyone a really nice day.  Have a wonderful one, BJ.

6/05/2023 9:36 am  #10

ITS ANOTHER RAINY DAY, AS EXPECTED.  WE GET SHOWERS NOW AND THEN THRU THE DAYS SO NOT A CONSTANT DOWNPOUR.  LAST CHECK ON GAUGE WAS 3/4" YESTERDAY.  WE GOT MORE YESTERDAY SO WILL CHECK AGAIN WHEN I GO DOWN FOR MY MAIL.  AS FOR THE GARDEN, ITS LOOKING REALLY GOOD AND HEALTHY.  I EVEN SAW THE CUKE SEEDS POPPING UP IN THEIR CAGES WITH THE NASTURTIUMS.  THEY LIKE THE RAIN.

NOTHING TOO MUCH DOING TODAY.  I DID THE VACUUMING.  CHILI IS ON MY LIST FOR MAKING TODAY.  AND MAYBE A SANDWICH FOR LUNCH.  I HAVE SOO MUCH FOOD I REALLY NEED TO USE IT UP.  LOTS OF SANDWICH MAKINGS LIKE SLICED HAM NY SON BROUGHT E, SLICED HONEY CKN BREAST FROM MY NEIGHBOR NAN, AND I BOUGHT NATHAN'S HOT DOGS TO HAVE THIS WEEK.  I WILL FREEZE HALF OF THE HOT DOGS FOR A LATER DATE SINCE I CAN'T EAT EVERYTHING.

SAN......PRAYERS FLYING YOUR WAY FOR ELMER AND HIS HEART CATH ON THURSDAY.  I HOPE ALL GOES WELL AND THEY GET IT REPLACED JUST FINE.

CAROL.....NICE TO SEE YOU.

LINDA......I NEVER HAD REBLOOMING AZALEAS.  I HOPE THEY ARE LOVELY AND DO THEIR THING BECAUSEDTHEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL.   I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM BLOOMING 3 TIMES A YEAR. 
AS FOR YOUR TOMS, DON'T DESPAIR.  THEY DON'T MIND GETTING PLANTED LATE.  THEY LIKE THEIR SOIL AND NITE AIR WITH NICER TEMPS.  DAYS 70-85*F AND NITES OVER 50* AND THEIR SOIL 65 TO 75* BEST.  IF YOU CAN'T FIND CAGES, STAKES WILL DO FINE.  JUST TIE THEM AS THEY GROW TALLER.  I HOPE THOSE POTS ARE LARGE IF YOU ARE PUTTING IN 2 PER POT. 

WISHING YOU ALL A NICE DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

6/05/2023 11:00 am  #11

I hope Jerry had a nice birthday!
No rain in our forecast, we could use some.
We went grocery shopping this morning, I was out of a lot of things. We had the other halves of our cheesesteaks for lunch. We have leftovers from Olive Garden for dinner. 

6/05/2023 1:20 pm  #12

Janet, happy belated birthday to Jerry!

Diana, sending prayers everything will go well on Thursday.

I got up early and everything is planted. Watered the front lawn again. I hope the sod isn't dead. It sure looks bad, but I'm working on it! I only have one tomato plant. I'll get two more tomorrow. I need a Big Boy or a Beefsteak, and a yellow cherry tomato. 

Linda, I had very few blooms last year. This year they have grown a lot, but not many blooms. I'm going to fertilize them late tonight. Yes, they are supposed to bloom 3 times a year. Encores need more sun, at least 6 full hours of full sun. Mine are in the sun all day.

Carol, thanks! I am finding some beautiful fabric online, but haven't bought anything yet. Need to figure out a color scheme & exactly how many colors I need/want?

E is taking the summer off. My GD doesn't want E to go back to work ever. She and her DH are paying all the bills. Hannah will be able to apply for a medical school soon & she's looking in Florida. She won't leave the kids here with them, but wants G&E to move to Florida & live with them. It will be for four years.  All of this is "up in the air" right now.  

I am going to watch some tv....i.e., fall asleep since I got up early, lol!

Last edited by DownSouth (6/05/2023 1:39 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/05/2023 2:01 pm  #13

Hi, all.

Heavy heart here.  My brother-in-law died this morning.  Hadn't been feeling well, went to the gastroenterologist last week who told him to take two Pepcid rather than one.  Went to work yesterday (he managed a Panera), and said he felt better when he got home.  My sister found him with no pulse in the bathroom this morning.  Same sister whose daughter died in a drunk driving accident 5 years ago. 

So, I'm off to Atlanta tomorrow.  We're going to the same funeral home who helped us with Krissy.  Same funeral director, and when my sister said, "McConnell," he asked whether this was any relation to Krissy.  She felt better that he remembered them.  So, I should be home either Saturday or Sunday.  Not looking forward to this at all.  

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

6/05/2023 4:03 pm  #14

Carol, I’m so sorry! May his memory be a blessing to you.

Devonne, I’m confused. You have to have a bachelors degree before you can go to medical school. Didn’t Hannah drop out of college and leave her dad to pay her loans? 

6/05/2023 7:45 pm  #15

Condolences on your BIL's death, Carol. Those long short trips are so tiring. Hugs and have a safe trip. Wave at me when you pass the Villa Rica exit.  

Holly, it is actually "pharmacy" school. I said medical because that's what E called it. She doesn't need a BD to go to pharmacy school. That won't happen until next Spring. She has classes she needs to finish this year. My wish would be they stay here, E gets a job, Gary gets disability and they start building a house. I don't give my opinion because what I say would be opposite of what they want to do. I just give them my blessings and "nip it in the bud" as Barney says, lol! 
I love hearing the train while laying here in bed (I know I've said this before, lol). I finished the Virgin River series and won't say anything about it in case someone is just starting it. 

Last edited by DownSouth (6/05/2023 7:48 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/06/2023 4:56 am  #16

HAPPY (LATE) BIRTHDAY TO JERRY! Hope he had a nice day JANET, did you have anything special for dinner?

CAROL my sincere sympathy on the loss of your brother-in-law, it will certainly be a hard trip to do ((((hugs)))) 

SANDRA wow!!! already getting radishes, I know they are quick, but that is super fast!! The rain is good for the garden anyway, so at least there is that going for it LOL I understand you dragging a bit, I feel like that these last few days myself, just too tired to keep going. Thanks for the recipe idea

STRINGS I am sorry about your fall, hope you are feeling better, that is quite a tumble you took ((((hugs)))) and YES thanks for the reminder, I have your breakfast recipe!

HOLLY any news yet, I forget when they were doing the test? Poor guy, must be hard not being able to do what you want.

DEVONNE that is sure the best way to keep out of trouble, I have to bite my tongue many times with Gary, he was complaining that Dean had too many days off school, Dean WAS  sick this time, but a couple weeks ago Gary took him fishing and he had a day off school !!!  Honestly, I had to really bite my tongue!

I have been trying to get sorted here, they have a big outbreak of covid where his sis is, she is OK, but it's masks on and very short visits, we had to drop some supplies in to her, hopefully we didn't pick up any bugs! We sanitised, and used nasal rinse as soon as we got home. It's been almost 3 days, so I think we are OK - touch wood!

Trying to get sorted to leave, I had lots of food to get rid of, so have been a bit creative with leftovers, the last lot will be tomorrow night. So far he hasn't complained, if he does he has to cook LOL

I did another load of washing tonight, it's out on the balcony, it won't dry overnight, but it's done. Tomorrow we have to get to the bank, we have an investment that has to be renewed. At least it's the day before we leave. I will go too, there is a shoe store near and they MIGHT have some shoes I want, fingers crossed, my black "Mary Janes" have reached their use by date, they are still wearable, but if I can get some before we go I'll be happy. They are very old, and have given good service, they look fine, but the soles are getting very 'smooth' .
Otherwise they will be ok to take, I'll just find some when we get back, might even be able to get them in the stores in Queensland.

I had to get last minute things at the store, I could have wrung his neck, asked him NOT to talk to me while I was doing the shopping list online, of course he couldn't, lost my train of thought, and forgot a few things. 
If he does it while I'm packing tomorrow you will hear the yelling from there LOL

From tomorrow I should be able to check in every day, the weather is  warmer where we are going, but becomes quite chilly  from about 4pm, makes it harder to pack, you need a bit of everything. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/06/2023 5:00 am  #17

SAN I do hope Elmer is OK, and I will keep him in my prayers.

JANET I just read back, so did you make pumpkin pie after all, my nan used to make one that was amazing, it was Gramma pie, it's a type of pumpkin ( I never see it anywhere now, used to be able to get it everywhere once) I have the recipe, but it's just the list of spices, so no idea how much of any of them LOL

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/06/2023 8:10 am  #18

CAROL.......MY CONDOLENCES. SUCH A SAD EVENT.  AND NOT EXPECTED WHICH MAKES IT HARDER TO HANDLE, I THINK.  SO VERY SORRY.  STAY SAFE ON YOUR TRIP.  HUGS.

ITS SUNNY HERE THIS MORNING BUT MORE RAIN COMING TONITE.  I THINK A FEW GOOD DAYS ARE ON THE HORIZON.  NO PLANTINGS FOR ME SO JUST WATCHING THEM GROW AND CONTROL A FEW WEEDS.  IT WILL BE AWHILE BEFORE OTHER PRODUCE DEVELOPS.  RIGHT NOW ITS RADISHES, PARSLEY, THYME AND SOON THE LEAF LETTUCES.
NOTHING EXCITING HERE. MORE TV, SOLITAIRE, CROSSWORD PUZZLES AND VISITING DOWNSTAIRS AROUND THE MAIL BOXES.  
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/06/2023 8:12 am)

6/06/2023 8:56 am  #19

Carol- 😢 so sorry to read about the passing of your BIL.

6/06/2023 8:59 am  #20

Next house project is underway.  I didn’t even know they were starting today.  I thought they were just measuring, etc.  They are replacing the railroad tie steps and wall on the side of the house, with stone, pavers and block?   Will it ever stop? 
    I came home from the gym at 8:15 and half of it was gone.  .  I know we talked about it but never realized it was starting.
  Thank you for the birthday wishes.  And no I didn’t make a special meal or dessert.

Board footera