OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/30/2023 12:02 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY MAY 28 ~ SAT JUNE 3

I just had a weird moment, typed in my password, BUT no idea what I typed, I was on automatic, I couldn't remember it, my brain did however, it was correct LOL

We didn't go to the wake for Lyn, it was a HUGE funeral, and we wouldn't be missed, we were not really close with her, just that our Kristen is married to her Kris. So we went for family, a few of Kristen's friends were also there. It was a lovely service, Kris noted in his address that she had donated her lungs, and they were in incredible condition, the recipient was out of ICU in 4 days, they had kept Lyn's family informed, which was really nice to know. He encouraged everyone to do as she did and become a donor. I already am, W hasn't done so yet, I HAVE told the family my wishes, and I have a donor card. 

DEVONNE my salad was really yum, I have a tiny bit of mac/cheese, not really a fan, but he liked it. I forgot I added some feta cheese cubes to the salad as well. The trip is for bowls, and it's 2 weeks this time, we decided we will take the coffee machine, I use coffee beans, ground, I don't like the pods much, I will make time to see my cousins though, we saw them 2 yrs ago, missed them last time, we were both getting over covid, and I was so tired I didn't contact them. 

SANDRA nice to have the cooler day, it's beautiful here, BUT really cold in this house, I just cleaned the A/C filters, ready to fire it up later today LOL
We also got a letter saying they will be cutting power here the day after we leave, that is a pain because it will set the bedside clock to flashing till the time is corrected. I have to try to remember  to tun off the bedside clock, everything else should reset. I don't want that d***  clock flashing for 2 weeks LOL]

PATTY I am so sorry you have been ill, hope you are feeling better every day ((((hugs)))) that must have been scary!

INDY OUCH! on the poison ivy, your poor arms, I have never had it, not even sure we have it here, but we do have some pretty horrid plants that do the same. I agree on the nice quiet day, it's just easier all around!
When do ML & Bill leave,  I am envious, we both love London, but hopefully we'll be back next year. 
Exactly right on the coffee, I do like my own LOL no sugar, and I mostly have just a little low fat milk, OR just my protein powder added to the espresso. 

My friend Julie is now back in Paris after being in Stockholm AND after being in Greenland, she sure is getting around this trip. She has shown us some incredible photos, I did forget to ask her if she had pickled herring - I actually like it, W didn't though, he likes his fish cooked and not smelly LOL

I am heading to the sofa to do some more knitting, we just finished doing the floors, we didn't finish them  yesterday, I messaged Megan to let her know I had spaghetti sauce if they want it, Gary will be flying in late, and she is worrying about her blood pressure, it's high, and she is a worrier like her dad.
I gave her some nice calming tea I had, and she needs to get tests done on the weekend. 
They eat too many carbs, and also have too much salt ( I think, medically trained as I am LOL)  and she needs to exercise, I can take her with me, but she needs to want to do it, and make time for herself. I can't make that decision for her.
I do understand, they get home late, but I would really like them to plan meals, so they have everything organised for each night. Certainly makes life easy, and they can prep the night before . 

I'm heading for a nice hot cuppa, and hopefully to find something to watch while I knit.

Last edited by tricia-anne (5/30/2023 12:05 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/30/2023 8:16 am  #22

PATTY......I HEAR YOU ABOUT PUTTING THE EGG AND SHELL IN THE HOLE.  PROBABLY FOR THE CALCIUM.  ACTUALLY, THE CALCIUM IN THE SHELL ISN'T AVAILABLE FOR THE PLANT RIGHT AWAY.  IT NEEDS TIME.  I HAVE PUT CRUSHED EGG SHELL IN WITH MY TRANSPLANTS BEFORE.  I STILL HAD BLOSSOM-END ROT.  THAT HAPPENS TO FIRST FRUITS USUALLY AND THEN CLEARS UP BEFORE THE 2ND FLUSH OF FRUITS.  ITS A GAME AGAINST NATURE THAT WE PLAY WHEN WE PLANT FOOD.  BUT THANKS FOR THE TIP.  SOME WORK, SOME DON'T.
SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE ANAPLASMA.  THAT'S A NEW ONE ON ME.  NEVER HEARD OF IT.  IT SEEMS THERE ARE NEW THINGS TO ACCOST US ALL THE TIME.  I AM GLAD YOU ARE BETTER.

TRISH.......YOU ARE ALWAYS SO BUSY WITH EXERCISES AND HEALTH IMPROVEMENTS.  I ENVY YOU.  I CAN BARELY GET AROUND BUT I CAN SIT AND EXERCISE SO MANAGE THAT MOST DAYS. 
THAT TRIP FOR 2 WEEKS CAN BE FUN.  ENJOY IT.

DEVONNE.......YOU ARE GOING GANGBUSTERS WITH YOUR PLANTS.  I KNOW THE KNOCK-OUTS CAN BE VERY LOVELY AND EASY-CARE SINCE THEY DO NOT NEED DEADHEADING.  I HOPE YOU CAN GET SOMEONE TO DIG THE HOLES FOR YOU.

I WATERED MY NEW CUKE BED AND THE OTHER SEEDLINGS.  THE REST ARE STILL DOING OK WITHOUT ANY EXTRA WATER.  THEY MAY NEED SOME BY TOMORROW.  NO RAIN EXPECTED TIL SAT. BUT HOT TOMORROW, ANOTHER 90S DAY FOR US.

MY PLANS FOR THE DAY ARE QUIET.  TAKE OUT THE TRASH, DO A BIT OF COOKING, PLAY SOLITAIRE (I PLAY SEVERAL GAMES AT A TIME ON MY PUTER A FEW TIMES A DAY) AND DO SOME READING TODAY.  
I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A LOVELY DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/30/2023 8:22 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

5/30/2023 9:54 am  #23

Good Morning, I'll be brief as Tracy is still here.  I am going to a new doctor later today, will be interesting to check her out.  We might leave early and find some fun on the way (that was Tracy filling that out!)  Good idea!  Well, I'll sign off and wish everyone a great day, BJ.

5/30/2023 10:55 am  #24

Trish, how wonderful that she was an organ donor. I am, also. Our dear friend Charley has a donor liver due to a rare genetic condition, the dad of one of Steph’s friends has a transplanted heart, and I worked with a woman who got a kidney. 

we had a productive morning! I got my hair cut- you can check the wait time and sign in online now! We went from there to the Salvation Army’s donation site, we had a carload to go! Stopped at PDQ chicken and got lunch and brought it home. 

I’m all caught up on Grey’s Anatomy! Since it’s a Shonda production, it’s very topical. Shows how healthcare workers are affected by some of the ridiculous laws and decisions. 

Another nice spring day, low 70’s and sunny! 

Last edited by Holly in South Jersey (5/30/2023 10:56 am)

5/30/2023 2:38 pm  #25

Holly, did you get your bed and recliner?  If so, how did you sleep?  

Trish, they leave June 13 and come home June 28.  I suspect Andrew will enjoy London the most.  Bill is not a big city guy.  ML's most looking forward to the Cotswolds  and Scotland but has done a ton of research on London and all there is to see there.  Your two weeks away sounds relaxing and  in this season, you won't have  heat to deal with.   And I hope you'll have "us here" at your fingertips! 

We Roomba-ed this morning and Howard mopped the kitchen/dining area with his Bissell "mop".  Not sure what it's called but has two little round pads that twirl and do a dandy job.  Devonne,  thanks for the sage advise.  There's always more to do with cleaning. Having the floors done is a huge part of that.  I'm much less up-tight about them coming than I was in March.  And, I have kept my promise to myself that I would keep things picked up and neat.  Makes a world of difference  and is so worth it.   

Patty  dear, oh my...I have noticed you missing and was wondering but being always in a bit of a dither, hadn't asked.  Must have been scary.  I'm glad you're feeling better.  Hope there are no long-term effects from this.  You'll enjoy your year off from planting. 

I have to laugh a bit...They're great gardeners next door and this year their gardens are full of those yellow and orange flags that mark underground utilities, only he's using them to mark his plantings--of what, I don't know?  There are many, many flags!  

QB, when I said "leftovers' yesterday, I was referring to your extra soil, etc.  After re-reading, it  just didn't sound right for someone who shares their freshly-made food with others all the time.   Sometimes, it's doesn't pay to try to use fewer words... 

BJ, hope you liked your new doctor and am wondering what you and Tracy did for your funtime?  

Off to get busy again and finish supper plans.  I have pork country ribs in the crock pot, with just a sprinkling of Lawry's seasoned salt on them.   Howard can put his own BBQ sauce on them if he wishes.  I prefer them just like they are.  Better get this sent--computer is acting up.  Sweet Dreams, tonight.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (5/30/2023 2:44 pm)

5/30/2023 2:40 pm  #26

I’m sorry I haven’t posted much the last few days. Memorial Day weekend is a sad time for me. Since it was started to remember those who lost their lives in service to our country, I think of my nephew. He was killed in Iraq on May 19, 2005 and his funeral was on Memorial Day. Although I know people mean well when they say Happy Memorial Day, I want to say that there is nothing happy about it. And, although there is never a wrong time to honor all veterans, it sort of bothers me when the emphasis of Memorial Day is on all veterans rather than those who gave their all. Veterans Day is for honoring all vets. I hope no one is offended by these comments.

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/01/2023 3:47 am)

5/30/2023 2:47 pm  #27

Afternoon y'all! 
Had a cold wet weekend.  Hubby went home yesterday! I already miss him! 
The attic is empty some of the paintings stored up there are ruined by the heat.  Is what it is!  Hubby brought the gas grill back from the lake, it literally fell apart in transit, so it's at the road for garbage pick up!  Would have been nice to have! 
Took mom to get her hair done this morning, home, did my walk and folded laundry!  Such an exciting day! Not! 
I need to water my Zinnias, forgot yesterday.  Mom commented on them when we left for the hair appointment, but not on the ramp being gone! LOL!  
Tired today, could not get mom to bed before 1 am, and had to get up at 7 to get her ready, she is a tad slow! Especially when she gets up early! 
Mom loves the Tim Horton coffee, even more so when she found out the brand.  She was so excited I found Canadian coffee!  
Nothing else exciting! 
Later my Friends! 

5/30/2023 3:02 pm  #28

Judy, yes we got the furniture. The window was 8-10, they texted twice and we’re here by 8:45, set up both, took the old mattress and box spring, and we’re gone by a little after 9. The bed is by Sterns and Foster, made in the US, and very comfortable. He’s enjoying the recliner.

Mary Lou, your sadness is totally understandable. And you are correct about the days getting slid into each other. And idiots insist on fireworks, showing that they don’t give a fig about the Vets with PTSD. Not the town, just random inconsiderates. The town has a ceremony every year at the town monument. 

5/30/2023 4:22 pm  #29

Mary Lou- I agree with you 100%.

5/30/2023 5:12 pm  #30

I called Samsung (at Greg's suggestion) because my ice maker makes a grinding noise & is freezing up. Sometimes it makes ice; sometimes not. They are coming Tuesday to replace it at no charge. The guy on the phone argued with me there were no recalls. I asked him, do you not watch You Tube videos? Lol. There are recalls and lawsuits. He asked for my serial number then & said yes, I qualify, even though my fridge is 5 years old. 

Here's what I understand about military holidays. Armed Forces Day is for those currently serving in the military. It's not a federal holiday, so I never remember it. Memorial Day is for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country and there's nothing happy about that. Veterans Day is honoring all living who served in the military.

Congratulations, Holly, on the new lift recliner and the mattresses. Stearns & Foster have been advertising a lot on TV. I laid on some of their mattresses at Mattress Firm and they were my favorite. 

I MUST water my front yard. I never get out there early enough, so I'm setting an alarm for 7:30 am so I can be sure to do it in the morning. I've tried for two weeks and it's always too late, lol. 

Last edited by DownSouth (5/30/2023 5:17 pm)

D e v o n n e

5/31/2023 5:01 am  #31

Isn’t it sad that our military/ vets only get one day but some others get an entire month? If I mention them here some will no doubt get annoyed, so I’ll leave it there.

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/01/2023 3:46 am)

5/31/2023 8:51 am  #32

CAN YOU BELIEVE ITS THE LAST DAY OF MAY?  TIME SURE FLIES BY WHEN YOU HIT 21.  WHEN I WAS A KID I COULD NOT WAIT TO GROW UP.  NOW I WISH I COULD GROW DOWN.

NOTHING PLANNED FOR THE DAY.  SAME OLD, SAME OLD.  I WISH YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.
HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/31/2023 8:51 am)

5/31/2023 9:49 am  #33

I’m all in favor of a military month. Except some idiots would think they had to set fireworks every night of it. The military can’t even get good VA services, so I don’t see congress giving them a month, they prefer to ignore them. 

Our freezer hasn’t been keeping cold. Of course we have an alarm on it, and it’s gone off 3 times this week. The one attached to the fridge, not the freestanding one. So we planned to go order one today. 
8 a.m. John calls, he’s being discharged June 2, the CT isn’t til June 8 but Medicare stops the 2. So we call Mike. Decode that Ralph will go down on the train. Go to Lowe’s to order fridge, caught the last day of a sale, can get delivered Friday. So he’s on the Amtrak site working on getting tickets, when John calls back. Because CT is ordered June 8, Medicare will pay thru June 9. Luckily Ralph has not clicked buy for the tickets! By then we all have a headache! So that’s been our morning. 

5/31/2023 9:54 am  #34

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is a very dreary day here, so sun, very mild breeze.  Just an ugly day!!  It is 52*, glad I don't have any plans for the day.  I really don't have anything to say today.  

Yesterday, we went to Dr. and got to the wrong one, finally got to the right place.  Dr. was nice, will likely stick with her.  She was very patient and took tons of info about me, got some tests done.  We were gone for many hours, left here around 12 and didn't get back until well after 5.  Was a very long day! for sure!!

Think I will sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, BJ.

5/31/2023 5:28 pm  #35

Sandra, yes, it's hard to believe May is over. Seems like we should be in early April. 

I was out at 8:00 am watering the front yard. It looks bad, so hope I didn't wait to long. Watered until 10:30,  then left & got my bloodwork done. It was ordered by the cardiologist, checking my cholesterol (appt. next week.)  The lab and the cardiologist is only one mile away; where the hospital is too. 

I got two holes dug this evening. Thank goodness it's not in the 90's. I have 6 more holes to dig! Would like to plant a spirea. Does anyone know anything about those plants? 

Sandy's mobility problem is worse. I ordered a dog harness to help lift her.  She eats good & drinks and occasionally she will run a little bit in the house. She is having more accidents, but knows she needs to go outside. I don't think she can make it. I won't let her suffer when the vet says it is time. She looked pitiful today.  
eta: I watered the front grass again tonight. I hope the sod isn't dead.

Last edited by DownSouth (5/31/2023 8:48 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/01/2023 3:42 am  #36

SANDRA too funny, I wish I could grown down too!! It's been beautiful here today, even got a little warm, I got towels washed and 1/2 dry, finished them in the dryer LOL

DEVONNE be careful digging those holes, slow and steady, no injuries please LOL I hear you about watering, we usually do the lawns at night in summer, they have all night to soak up the water. Poor Sandy, hard when they get older (((hugs)))

PATTY how are you feeling?

JANET is the bear still there LOL my bear has gone, although we almost came to blows over him buying a chain saw YIKES! He DID buy it, but Pete made him promise not to use it while alone.

INDY I will be able to check in here, we take the iPad with us, I guess ML & Bill are getting organised now, hard to tell the weather there at this time, it can get pretty hot in summer, and they are not set up for cooling there, we roasted one time in May in London, it was so hot at night, and the windows didn't open very much. Deciding what to pack when travelling is hard, I have a bunch of things I keep for when we do fly international, clothing that I can wash in the tub in a hotel and hang in the room, laundries are not usually available. I am an expert "twist in the towel" to dry method LOL

HOLLY that is better news that they will keep him till they know what is wrong, was Ralph going to take care of him? Is it far to go, would it be better to drive? I'm glad your bed came and is comfortable.

John is in so much trouble with his mother LOL He told me not to take notice of what she says, she's just been grouchy with him since she has had high blood pressure, I DID point out that MAYBE he could  give her a break while she had high BP --- LOL His friend dropped him to our house after school ( he had a half day) , and he stayed for a couple hours because the cleaners were at their place. He forgot the cleaners now come 1st thing in the morning or maybe  he might have been hungry and could eat some leftovers here LOL

I feel tired tonight, not sleeping well, a friend from sewing had a kidney transplant 2 days ago, no word yet, and I tried calling the hospital but they put me through to the ward and they don't answer, so we have to wait till we hear from either her or her husband. It was unexpected, we just got a message on Instagram that she was on her way. 
Heading out in the morning to get my nails done, I was hoping to wait till next week, but have broken 2, so have to go now, they should last till we get back.

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/01/2023 3:46 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/01/2023 6:32 am  #37

Devonne- at the house I grew up in, so many years ago, we had a row of spirit that served as a natural fence.  They grew like crazy. The neighbor used to complain that they hung into her yard.  They had tiny white flowers, and when they wind blew they went everywhere.  I’m sure they didn’t require much attention as my mother wasn’t much into gardening. 
    Trish- the bear has left some signs that he’s been around at night, but hasn’t knocked down the cans again.  They seem to have a route and will repeat it over and over again.  When we were in NY, the bears had a pattern.  They used to hit our house every Thursday night. Lol.  But when we started putting out bird feeders they were around most everyday.  It was a constant battle over who was faster to get to the feeders, me or them…I was younger then and pretty fast.  😊
   They just arrived to replace the heat pump/exchanger. $$.  It should take most of the day.  The irrigation company is coming today to work on the system as there are leaks and we think a faulty valve. 😡. There are something’s just not worth having.

6/01/2023 7:02 am  #38

WE ARE GOING TO HIT 91 TODAY THEY TELL US.  I WILL STAY INDOORS.  WATERED MY GARDEN YESTERDAY AND WILL JUST HAVE TO WATER THE SOWN CUKE SEEDS TODAY.
MY SON, BLESS HIM, IS ON VACATION THIS WEEK.  HE IS SHOPPING FOR ME RIGHT NOW AND ALREADY GOT MY EXTRA KEYS MADE.  FINALLY I HAVE A KEY TO GIVE TO MICHELE TO KEEP FOR ME IN CASE I LOCK MYSELF OUT.  AND EXTRA SETS FOR FAMILY AND FOR ME.
MY SON HAS A NEW CAR.  LOOKS NICE, A BLUE ONE.  I WILL ASK HIM THE MAKE WHEN HE DELIVERS MY GROCERIES.
I GAVE MY 2 SPARE PARLSEY PLANTS TO TONY NEXT DOOR.  MY DAUGHTER NEVER CAME.  SHE HAD TO PUT THE CAR IN THE SHOP AND WOULD HAVE BEEN LATE WED. BUT I WAS NOT GOING TO MISS BINGO IN CASE SHE NEVER MADE IT ANYWAY, SO I CALLED OFF THE VISIT THIS TIME.  TONY WAS PLEASED WITH THE LITTLE GIFT.

HOLLY.......I HOPE YOU LIKE YOUR NEW FREEZER.  SUMMER IS NOT THE TIME TO BE WITHOUT ONE.

DEVONNE......SORRY ABOUT SANDY'S WOES.  I HOPE YOU GET SOME ANSWERS AND IF ITS THE BIG ONE, THEN YOU MUST BE STRONG.  ITS HEARTBREAKING, I KNOW, BUT NECESSARY.  PRAYERS FLYING YOUR WAY.
DON'T OVERDO IT DIGGING HOLES.  OUR BACKS DO NOT NEED THAT AGGRAVATION.

TRISH......WHEN MY KIDS WERE YOUNG THEY COULD ALWAYS DEPEND ON GRANDMA  AS DO YOURS.  THAT'S WHAT WE ARE FOR, I THINK.  WE HAVE TO DISCIPLINE OUR KIDS BUT NOT THE GRANDS SO MUCH.  WE CAN SEND THE KIDS HOME WHEN THEY GET ROWDY.  AND BESIDES, GRANDMA'S IS THE PLACE TO FILL THEIR ALWAYS EMPTY TUMMIES.

JANET.......ITS ALWAYS SOMETHING LATELY WITH YOUR POOL.  I GUESS ITS BEEN SOMETHING YOU REALLY DID NOT NEED, ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THE CARE.  I HOPE YOU GET SOME RELIEF AND ENJOY THE SWIMMING SOON.

BJ.....GLAD TO HEAR YOU LIKE YOUR NEW DR.  THAT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE INTHE WORLD.  GOOD LUCK.

LINDA.....WHERE ARE YOU?  ARE YOU OK?

STAY SAFE MY FRIENDS.  ENJOY YOUR DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/01/2023 7:08 am)

6/01/2023 9:34 am  #39

Trish, it’s about 1000 miles from here to John’s, a 17 hour drive at least. We’ve done it many times, but not for at least 20 years. I would have to do it over 4 days now- we used to drive straight thru. Ralph is going to go via Amtrak. He’ll be there to get things situated and help with whatever they want. 

I made chocolate chip cookies with raisins this morning. I highly recommend the pouring spout to anyone with a kitchenaid stand mixer! No mess from flying ingredients! 

I just did a blog post with a new pic of Springfrost. 

6/01/2023 9:53 am  #40

Sandra, congratulations to Matt on a new car! Sorry your DD didn't make it, but glad the extra plants went to someone who appreciates them. Only 81 here today, but the heat is on the way!

I won't do anymore holes until later this evening. I need to get these done, as it starts getting warmer tomorrow. Will be 87 this weekend. It's been enjoyable weather this past week with some really nice breezes. I won't be outside in the 90's weather!

Janet, I think I would have drained the pool water & had it filled in. That's been a pain in the butt for y'all. Not worth the expense & the headache. Would like to see a picture of your new deck. Are they finished?

I came in from watering the lawn and had to clean up after Sandy. I need to shampoo the carpet anyway, as my new area rug is coming tomorrow (hopefully). Fed-X never did deliver the first one I ordered. 

My cardiologist office called this morning and my bloodwork came back good, so I don't have to go to the appt. next week. My cholesterol was great, both HDL and LDL, as well as my triglycerides. Woo hoo!

Holly, why aren't you going with Ralph?

Last edited by DownSouth (6/01/2023 9:55 am)

D e v o n n e

Board footera