OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/06/2023 5:58 pm  #1

ODT SUNDAY MAY 28 ~ SAT JUNE 3

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/28/2023 3:30 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY MAY 28 ~ SAT JUNE 3

Bumping up till I start some new threads !

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/28/2023 3:59 am  #3

Got some threads started till July 1st, WOW Can you believe it, 1/2 way through the year!!

SANDRA love looking at your pics, I enjoy seeing the plants growing bit by bit, I hope your DD got there, if not I'm sure you will find a place for the parsley, if only I was closer LOL

HOLLY Happy Anniversary to you both, you are a couple months behind us, we were married in April, time goes so fast! I am glad your brother is getting some help. Could it be that he just is too frightened  - I only ask because that happened to my MIL, She took a long time to get to her feet after surgery, she was just too scared, and her mind wouldn't let her body accept the signals, she eventually was able to, but it took quite awhile ((((hugs)))) 

DEVONNE your wreath is looking wonderful! I am curious as to why wreaths are used so often in the US. It's so pretty, and it's the only place I have seen it, they have lots of planters near the front doors in Europe for the flowers, and I love that too, it isn't something you see here, except at Christmas, and now it's not as popular as it once was, seems like we are doing more lights instead.

INDY I'm so sorry about the family issues, I am like Sandra I guess, I doubt I could be in that marriage for many years with no love or companionship, we have our moments here, but I wouldn't give him up, just as he wouldn't give me up. We have occasionally wished each other many miles away LOL, but we usually get over it. If it was a long time issue I would be too unhappy, life is too short to be that unhappy ((((hugs))))

THERESA that is great news, I do hope the sale can go ahead, it will be such a load off your mind, Todd is a keeper isn't he!! I know how hard it's been on you beingn away so long,  must be hard on him as well ((((hugs))))

I had a very busy weekend after all, was only going to be doing group fitness, I did, and worked out with Joanne - never again - we had to do 10 stations, and between us try to do 100 of each exercise, she doesn't stop!! We were SUPPOSED to work in pairs, she might do 10 or 20 repetitions while I rested, and then I'd do the same, she pushed us on, and we finished first (all stations ) but my poor body is paying today. LOL

Then I went to the city in the afternoon ( we also had a pelvic floor exercise on-line after group ) and had along walk from the train to the wool shop, to some more wool there.

Today was some cooking and sorting out, then we went to his sis this afternoon - also made bread each day, as well as the one I took to my sis on Friday, last loaf for now is in the fridge till tomorrow morning so I can bake early.

His sis was a bit off, she seemed less able to be involved in conversation, W also had some bad news from one of his bowling friends, poor guy, his stepson was found dead, not really sure what happened, he had been using drugs on and off for a long time, we think it might be a result of that, maybe an accidental  overdose.  Sad, the mum (wife of friend) is in a wheel chair permanently now, so now looks like 2 funerals  to attend, Kristen's DMIL on Tuesday and W will go to the friends stepson, which should be before we go away.

Last edited by tricia-anne (5/28/2023 4:05 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/28/2023 7:10 am  #4

👋

5/28/2023 8:19 am  #5

TRISH......SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE LOSS OF THE YOUNG MAN.  IT HURTS ME SO BADLY WHEN I HEAR OF A YOUNG LIFE LOST.  
YOU SURE TRY TO DO THOSE DARN EXERCISES.  I GUESS THEY ARE GOOD FOR YOU BUT I THINK, PERSONALLY, TOO MUCH EFFORT IS JUST A DRAIN ON THE BODY AND HEART.  BE CAREFUL.
AND NO, I HAVE NOT SEEN MY DAUGHTER YET.  THE PARSLEY AWAITS ITS FATE.

ITS GOING TO HIT 90F HERE TODAY.  THAT'S TOO HOT FOR US.  THEN DROPPING BACK TO THE 70S TOMORROW.  STRANGE WEATHER.  I SOWED MY BUSHY CUKE SEEDS THIS MORNING AND WATERED MY PLANTS.  EVERYTHING IS LOOKING GOOD.  I EVEN HARVESTED 3 FRENCH BREAKFAST RADISHES FOR MY SALAD TODAY.  LOVE, LOVE FRESH RADS.

NOTHING MUCH PLANNED TODAY EXCEPT GETTING MY LAUNDRY DONE.  SEEMS A GOOD TIME SINCE I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO.  I MADE SOME MEAT SAUCE LAST NITE SO WILL HAVE THAT WITH SHELL MACARONI FOR LUNCH.  I LIKE THAT THE MEAT SLIDES INTO THE SHELLS AND MAKES THE MEAL TASTE BETTER.  I ALSO HAVE PUDDING MADE SO THAT WILL MAKE A NICE DESSERT.   I MAY MAKE UP SOME TUNA FISH FOR SANDWICHES, TOO.  FOR FUN I GUESS TODAY WILL BE PLAYING SOLITAIRE AND WATCHING TV.  
I WISH YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (5/28/2023 8:22 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

5/28/2023 9:33 am  #6

Good Morning, just a quick check in as Tracy and Jamie are here and I should go visit.  Tracy will be here for a couple more days as on Tuesday, I will meet my new doctor.  Then she will head home.  It is a really dreary day, no sun, breeze, rain, just nothing.

Well, I really must run and visit with my family.  Hope everyone is well, take care, BJ.

5/28/2023 10:22 am  #7

The bed and chair will be delivered tomorrow between 8-10 a.m., yay!

Trish, I don’t think he’s afraid, PT said he is trying hard, which is why the MRI is wanted.

We went to brunch. I had an omelet of eggs, bacon, and asparagus, he had bananas foster French toast. 

5/28/2023 10:25 am  #8

Sandra- 90? Wow. It’s only 62 going to 68 here with rain. I’d take your temps over ours today.
DH is in one of his moods and has planted himself in front of the Indy 500.

Last edited by tricia-anne (5/29/2023 1:18 am)

5/28/2023 1:00 pm  #9

Holly, good for you for getting new mattresses and a new lift recliner. Ralph is going to love it! I bought a cheap one from Wayfair and I loved it. It lasted 2 years. It pays to spend the money & get a good one. I loved it and will get another one in a few years.

Trish, I've been looking for planters as well to go beside the front door. They are so expensive if you get the taller ones. Wreaths are really popular here & it's a booming craft hobby. 

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone! Only 77 for the high here today.

Last edited by DownSouth (5/28/2023 1:01 pm)

D e v o n n e

5/28/2023 4:53 pm  #10

Went to 2nd service church.  That is working much better for me.  More time to get ready, and to feel better. I've been sleeping poorly, waking in the night and can't be back to sleep for too long, and that does keep you feeling draggy.  Afterwards, we went out to eat with the senior group.  I was worthless, of course, when we got home at 2. 

Sorry I missed your anniversary, Holly.  Fifty-one years is nothing to sneeze at.  You're one of the fortunate one to have married your best friend...in a sense.  We, like Trish and Warwick, have our moments.  My grandma was from Indiana, moved to South Dakota during the 1920s and on occasion! would say to Grandpa she wished she'd never seen S. Dak. or anyone in it!  He laughed heartily. To follow suit, I've  said to myself,  I wish I'd never known anyone with the last name  Lyons!  I think he wishes he'd stayed in VA and never come to Indiana (as a kid as if he had any say in that).  Sometimes, I wish the same thing!  But here we are 44 1/2 + years later so...  

Devonne, since Caleb and Sadie are livewires, maybe the other two were also and that was more than Emily could stand.  I'm glad she called so you wouldn't think it was you who ran her off.  (since she can be prickly at times).  Wonder where she disappeared to? 

Oh, goody!  Howard just walked by with the bag of Cheetos and  iced tea in his hands.  I asked him if that was his supper.  He said, Yes.  It was going to be canned Swanson Chicken Ala King on toast, but this is even easier! 
Tomorrow, I really have to dig into it and get this house in tip top shape for my company on Friday.  
Going to close this and find me something to eat.    Have a happy Memorial Day tomorrow.
Indy 

Last edited by indyanny (5/28/2023 4:56 pm)

5/29/2023 1:38 am  #11

JANET LOL that is my signal to put the headphones on and listen to what I want in another room !! Mine is actually watching (and yelling) at the TV now, something sport, so I am in the spare room LOL That was good news for your eye test!!

SANDRA oh my gosh, hot for you, we have had a nice day, warm in the sun, pretty cool now, I will have to find something to wear to the funeral, dressy enough, but warm. Thought fo you last night, we had KFC, couldn't be bothered getting anything ready
We are having mac & cheese for dinner tonight, I have a big salad of roasted beets, kale and spinach and grated carrot & cabbage and dried cranberries -  the dressing is a yummy one of beet juice, oil and raspberry vinegar and mustard, with a spritz of orange juice to liven it up a bit - I will eat mostly the salad, he will eat mostly the mac/cheese LOL

HOLLY best wishes for the new bed, that will be nice, we should really start looking as well. we've had ours too log. My MIL also did her PT really well, they just couldn't get her standing, it was just the message not getting through to the brain, no matter how she tried she just couldn't do it, they finally found a solution in PT to build her confidence in herself. Hope it all goes well for your dear bother.

INDY we seem to have the same kind of relationships LOL, I have a few times thought of leaving but it always seemed to be too much trouble - better the devil you know my nan used to say LOL

DEVONNE poor E, she is probably feeling pretty low, it must be difficult when she is needing to have that job, maybe a nice gift card for a massage for her, just to remind that she has you and you care (((hugs))))

BJ sounds like you have a nice time planned for the next few days. Hope that your appointment goes well (((hugs))))

I want to do some knitting, I really want to finish this cowl before we leave. Have less than 1/3 left to do, then I can start the one for Megan while we are away. I am thinking of taking my coffee machine with us, what do you think, it's not very big BUT it is extra in the car. Seeing as we'll be 2 weeks away in an apartment this time it might be handy instead of getting to a cafe all the time. I do like my one coffee a day, they don't have them in the apartments. 

See you later, no idea whether we are going to the wake tomorrow  - it is quite a drive, another hour from the chapel, then another hour at least to get home at the end of the day. Decisions, decisions, we'll decide at the funeral. The girls and Gary might want us to go, if not we'll pass and come home.

Last edited by tricia-anne (5/29/2023 1:40 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/29/2023 4:54 am  #12

Holly- Happy Anniversary.  Ours was 50 this past November.  That’s all I can say about that.

5/29/2023 6:00 am  #13

Trish, Heather always takes her mini keurig with them, she said it saves time and $$$. 

The bed and chair should be here within a half hour, they just called. 

Janet, I know a lot of couples that were married in the early 1970’s. I was 19 when we got married, and my girl cousins mostly got married in late teens or early 20’s. My daughters were all closer to 30. Different times, maybe. 

Devonne, that’s a shame that Billy got sent home from rehab so quickly. 

5/29/2023 9:02 am  #14

Holly and Trish- we also take our Keurig with us when we travel.
I was 23, DH 20. 
  Heavy, heavy rain yesterday, last night and all day so far.

5/29/2023 9:59 am  #15

Good Morning, I'll be very brief as Gloria is here to clean, I didn't even realize it was Monday!  Tracy is here and we're all going someplace later.  Can't remember where!!  My brain isn't getting any better, but I'll survive.

Going to run, Tracy is about ready to leave and I need to get ready, had my  shower and I'm moving slowly.  Have a wonderful day, everyone.  Will check in tomorrow, BJ.

5/29/2023 10:21 am  #16

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES.  FROM 90 YESTERDAY TO THE 60SF TODAY.  LOVE IT.  SUNSHINE FEELS GOOD OUT THERE.
I GOT OUT TO WATER MY NEW SEEDLINGS.  THE REST ARE DOING WELL.   RAN INTO 2 OF THE LADY GARDENERS.  JUDY WITH THE HIGH RAISED BED HAD JUST PUT IN HER 4 TOMATOES AND SOME FLOWERS.  THE NEW ONE, PEGGY, CAME OVER TO CHAT.  HERS ARE  GOING IN TODAY ALONG WITH SOME HERBS.  I OFFERED HER MY LEFTOVER POTTING SOIL AND STRAW AND SHE WAS HAPPY TO GET IT.  BEATS HAVING TO TOSS IT.  THAT WOULD BE A TERRIBLE WASTE.  I HAD GIVEN A THIRD OF A BAG TO A NEIGHBOR DOWN THE HALL WHO HAS INDOOR PLANTS AND NEEDED SOME REFRESHER SOIL.  
TOLD THEM ABOUT PUTTING TOOTHPICKS AGAINST THEIR TOMATO STALKS TO PREVENT CUT WORM AND ALSO ONE ASKED ABOUT TONY'S AND MY BAGGIES WITH THE SOAP IN THEM.  EXPLAINED THE DEAL WITH REPELLING MUNCHING DEER. 

NOTHING SPECIAL PLANNED FOR TODAY.  WHETHER MY DAU GETS HERE FOR THE 2 PARSLEY PLANTS OR NOT I AM NOT SURE.  IN ANY CASE THEY GO TO A NEW HOME TOMORROW. 
I WATCHED A COUPLE OF JOHN WAYNE WWII MOVIES FOR MEMORIAL DAY.  THEY ARE ALWAYS GOOD EVEN IF SAD.  REMINDS ME OF MY MALE FAMILY THAT FOUGHT THEN AND MY MUCH OLDER SISTER, A NAVY NURSE.  WE WERE LUCKY.  WE DID NOT LOSE ANYONE IN THE WAR THOUGH MY UNCLE TONY WAS A PRISONER OF THE GERMANS BUT LUCKILY ESCAPED.  OTHERS WERE IN THE SOUTH PACIFIC BUT WERE NOT CAPTURED OR WOUNDED.  WE WERE  BLESSED.

EXCEPT FOR EATING, PLAYING SOLITAIRE AND SOME CROSSWORD PUZZLES, THE REST OF THE TIME WILL BE WATCHING TV.  NOT MUCH TO DO AROUND HERE.  
HAVE A GOOD DAY MY FRIENDS.  HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/29/2023 10:34 am)

5/29/2023 10:30 am  #17

REMEMBER!

5/29/2023 11:35 am  #18

Busy morning.  I cut my  sailor's hair and he cut Fancy's nails while I held  her.  Well...he WAS a sailor!  Actually, a Navy recruiter when I met him.  Don't worry...I'm not going into all that, again!  
I taped the PBS Memorial Day Concert last nite.  Maybe we'll watch it tonight.  

Trish, refresh my poor memory, where are you going for two weeks?  Two funerals right together are sas and tough.  I say, take your coffee maker.  If you're like me, you're picky about coffee and need it to be just to your liking--the right amount of coffee, cream or 1/2 and 1/2 and sugar.  I don't have a Keurig.  Not for just me for just one cup in the morning.  My favorite coffee is instant Cafe Bustelo.  Tastes good to me and not like other instants.  Quick and easy.

QB, how nice for you to  be able share your love of gardening, your expertise and even your leftovers with your fellow residents.  At Matt and Mary's, you were on your own for the most part.  I hope Colleen shows up.  I know you hold her lightly and are glad for whatever you get.  Like my Danny...we know they love us, but it's just on their terms.  Are they moving closer to you, the same, or further away?   

I have a few spots of poison ivy on both forearms.  I tried so hard to avoid that.  Scrubbed my arms with Fels Naptha and cold water.  Washed all my clothes and shoes, separately right away.  It didn't show up for 3 or 4 days. Happened while removing 5-leafed ivy (VA creeper) from the front porch.  I had on plastic gloves and was very careful.   Howard just has to look at it, so I insisted on doing it myself.  Still better than the bad case he'd have gotten. 
Our friends that usually invite us for a picnic on Memorial Day are cruising in Alaska.  Since Andrew has stayed at Notre Dame, ML and Bill aren't having anything.  Actually, we're all happy...Howard never wants to go anywhere, I'm looking at the Friday deadline for the gathering here, and they're embroiled in preparing for their England trip.  So happy that I wondered why Tom next door is home today!

Have eaten lunch here with you.  So time to carry on with my many necessary tasks.
Blessings.

Indy 

Last edited by indyanny (5/29/2023 11:39 am)

5/29/2023 11:58 am  #19

Sandra, have you heard about cracking an egg in the hole and adding the shell before planting tomatoes?  I've just seen that a couple different places.

I've been keeping up with reading but haven't felt like posting.  Today is my second day of feeling good all day.  Three weeks ago today I started getting sick.  After four days I asked DH to take me to the hospital, 2:00 a.m., emergency room.  Turns out I had Anaplasma, a tick-borne disease.  A different bacteria than Lymes.  It sure made me sick.

It's been hot here, in the 80's, which is hot for us.  Because of the antibiotic I was on I wasn't supposed to be exposed to the sun.  Didn't hurt my feelings to stay in the cool house.  We open the windows overnight to cool it off and it stays nice most of the day.  No a/c needed.  It can be a little chilly in the morning so we have sweatshirts on.

I've decided to not plant any real plants this year.  Between keeping them watered and trying to keep the deer from eating them I give up.  JoAnn's was having a 60% off sale on their artificial flowers.  The ones I wanted, marigolds, weren't available in my local store so I placed an online order for them and some others.  So now I can have beautiful flowers all summer.  I had already started having some in areas I can't get them to grow.  A gardener I am not! 

That's it from my corner of the northwoods!

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

5/29/2023 2:34 pm  #20

Patty, glad you are starting to feel better. Gary put up their pots this year. They're not planting anything because of the expense. I've never seen a flower pot at Greg's house. He has no interest in gardening. Speaking of marigolds, we always planted them every year, along with petunias. Greg told me years later he couldn't stand the smell of them, lol. 

Memorial Day is just another day here. I did go out to Home Depot and bought 3 knockout double roses (red) to plant on the left side of my fence. The ones on the right are so pretty, I just had to get more. Dread digging the holes, but at least it's cooler. My little town was a ghost town. Very few people out and about at 10 a.m.

Back home in Kentucky, we were always at the cemetery a few days before Memorial Day, putting flowers on Dad's grave. Now there are 5 family members buried there and my nephew does the flowers every year and keeps it mowed. They still do the g** salute and play the Taps, which is so sad to hear. It used to scare me when I was younger because I didn't understand. 

Judy, don't overdo it and wear yourself out & be too tired Friday for your company. I think you would love a Keurig! They do make smaller ones that don't take up much room. I normally have one cup in the morning, sometimes I'll have a cup in the evening while sitting on the patio.

I found a metal bee decoration at Dollar Tree. I added it to my wreath. I also bought some magnetic hangers. Went out to hang it and realized I have a wood door, lol. I had a metal door at my last house. 

Trish, that salad sure sounded delicious. Is your trip an enjoyable vacation or W playing bowls? I was sorry to read W's sister is getting worse. 

Last edited by DownSouth (5/29/2023 2:42 pm)

D e v o n n e

Board footera