OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/25/2023 6:00 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY MAY 21 ~ SAT MAY 27

Judy, maybe they just aren’t getting along and each want some peace in their lives. My parents should not have stayed together, they were both miserable with each other. 

It’s still getting chilly at night, in the 40’s. Steph and Dan are in the air, they should be landing soon in Portland. 

Tomorrow we’re going to get a new mattress set, ours isn’t that old but has lumps and bumps. Then to Joann’s, floss is on sale and I need like 13 colors for my next project. We’ll get lunch while we’re out. 

Devonne, the wreath is very nice!

I did a blog post with the progress on the Springfrost Afghan and Dan’s food adventures.

5/25/2023 6:41 pm  #42

This is definitely the coldest May we’ve ever had here.  It’s supposed to rain Sunday and Monday.  We don’t have any plans so it doesn’t really matter. We certainly need the rain.
   I once, notice the word once, had a nice wreath like that. Silly birds made a nest in it, lol.  I guess it was already half done.  Anyway they laid eggs and raised the babies.  We had to use the side door to come and go.  😊

5/26/2023 8:44 am  #43

That a cute story, Janet.  Our robin is not happy with us.  Too bad we have to use the slider and she feels threatened.  She should have thought that out before she built her nest!    I can't see where the wrens have nested, but they're loud and making their presence known.  

David and Rita have been "oil and water" all their married life.  She can be a pill and he can be dishonest.  
Joel, with Spina Bifida and 20 yrs. old, now, and who can take care of his own needs, has kept them together.   But, you still don't really believe it will actually happen. At the very least, they should give counseling a try, just to see if there's anything left there.  However, I do believe "a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still" and David's been fed up for years.  I say that because of some warning remarks he has made in the past directly to me.  
Devonne, I'm suspicious that there's someone else.  David remarks on Facebook that it's nice to be appreciated after so long not being that, and Rita is obviously running scared but still retaliating with her words about how she did her best and it wasn't good enough.   
Holly, I believe you're right, but from personal experience, when it's not mutual, nothing's ever the same for families even when the kids are well grown.  Time will tell...

It's like very early spring here--chilly.  Supposed to change tomorrow and be in the upper 80's to 90 next week.  Yikes!  And, we're hosting our small group again next Friday.  Hope our 26 1/2 yr. old A/C is still working.  Howard told me not to borrow trouble...
Far as I know, we're not doing anything for Memorial Day.  We're waiting for word from Andrew whether he's coming home or doing something with his college friends.  This is hard for ML and Bill--seeing him branch out--but they understand that it's part of growing up and being independent.  I remind her that they'll have him to themselves for two weeks on their England trip and after that, it is what it is.  (I hate that phrase!)    That and, "life is tough, Judy".     Guess who says both?  
I'd better go.  Been up since six.  Couldn't go back to sleep.  Feeling it now.  Have a good, productive day.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (5/26/2023 8:53 am)

5/26/2023 9:32 am  #44

GOOD MORNING!

DEVONNE A PRETTY WREATH! ARLYNN AT ARLYNN'S COUNTRY CRAFT CORNER HAS SOME TUTORIAL VIDEOS ON BOW MAKING, BUT THINK YOU DID A GOOD JOB ON THAT ONE. I CAN NOT MAKE NICE BOWS. USUALLY GET MY SIS TO MKAKE THEM FOR ME. ARLYNN ALSO USES AN ARTIC=ST EASEL TO HOLD THE WREATH AS SHE IS WORKING ON THEM. IT SITS ON HER TABLE OR COUNTER ISLAND

BIRDS BULD NEST IN THE GUTTERS OF THE PATIO COVER AND A ROBIN HAS A NEST ABOUT FRONT LIGHT. SOMETIMES THE NEXTS IN THE GUTTER GET DESTROYED AND BABIES DROWNED. THEY DO MAKE A MESS ON THE PATIO AND FURNITURE WHILE KEEPING WATCH ON THE NESTS.

JANET, WONDERFULL NEWS ON YOUR EXAM REPORT! 

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OUR GRANDUATES!

DGS"#3s WAS NICE. DARRELL DIDN'T GO SINCE TOO MUCH WALKING AND STEPS AT THE FACILITY, PLUS STANDING AROUND AFTERWARDS. THAT BOTHERED HIM, HE REALLY WOULD HAVE LIKED TO BE THERE. DGS STARTS HIS FULL TIME JOB ON MONDAY. HE WILL WORK A WEEK AND THEN GO TO THE BEACH WITH THE FAMILY.

DGS#1 IS IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING BACK HERE FROM A NEARBY TOWN. HE IS GOING TO DO SOME WORK FOR ME. IT WILL HELP HIM WITH THE CXOSTS OF THE MOVE. GLAD TO GET SOME THINGS DONE. SOME WILL BE DONE OVER TIME. HE TOOK ME TO HOME DEPOT FOR DIRST AND OTHER SUPPLIES. THE IMPATIENTS DIDN'T LOOK TOO GOOD SO WILL HAVE TO GET SOME FROM ANOTHER PLACE. YEARS AGO, DS#2 WORKED AT K MART AND HE WOULD LIET ME KNOW WHEN THEY GOT NEW SHIPMENTS, SO COULD GET NICE ONES. HAVE ALSO THOUGHT OF SOME THINGS FOR DGS#2 TO DO FOR ME. HE IS TAKING COMPUTER STUFF IN COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY SO WILL HAVE HIM DO SOME COMPUTER STUFF FOR ME. NOT SURE #3 WILL BE WANTING TO HELP OUT WITH SOME OF THE WORK, BUT WILL BE GLAD TO PAY HIM AS WELL AS THE OTHERS. A WIN WIM!  MY SIS WOULD ALSO LIKE FOR #1 TO DO SOME THINGS FOR HER AS WELL.

SANDRA, HOPE YOUR HIP IS BETTER. GUESS TOO MUCH TROUBLE TO POT PLANTS IN LARGER POTS BEFORE PUTTING OUTSIDE? HAS BEEN A LITTLE COLLER AT NIGHT BUT NOT DANGEROUS TO PLANTS. JUST MAKING THE DAYS FAIRLY COMFORTABLE. AGREE WITH JANET, MAY HAS BEEN COOLER. APRIL WAS TOO HOT.

BJ, TAKE CARE OF YOOURSELF. OKAY TO HAVE DAYS WITH NO ENERGY. HAVE TOO MANY OF THOSE MYSELF.

WISHING EVERYONE WELL.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS..................................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

5/26/2023 9:42 am  #45

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope you are all well and feeling great!  It is 8:35 here and the temp is 64* so will be a very nice day, have the very tiniest of breezes.  Frank needed to change his bandage on his surgery this morning, it is on his chest, so now he is in the shower, when it is dry, he'll put a new bandage on.

I have no plans for the day, will probably sit here and play on the computer for awhile, play games, etc.  Tracy will be here tomorrow night and stay through Tuesday, as I have a Dr. appt., getting a new family Dr., mine is retiring.  Guess it's a good thing, as no one in my family cared for her.  I liked her though.

Well, I clearly don't have much to say, so will sign off, wishing you a very nice day, sending love and best wishes to all, BJ.

5/26/2023 11:55 am  #46

We had a busy morning! Stopped at the bank for cash, then went to the furniture store. Bought a new bed set and a new recliner for Ralph. He wanted one that helped you stand, and had heat in it. He’s been putting it off due to cost, but we can’t take it with us. 

Then to Longhorn for lunch, to Joann’s for floss- I’ve been waiting for a sale. Dropped off books at the library, and home.

We had been part of a care conference for my brother. He’s working hard in PT but can’t stand or go from sit to stand. So Medicare said they will cut him off June 2. PT advised an MRI to see what the issue is, it’s not muscle, but the facility doc had not ordered it. So the case manager was in charge of contacting the doc to try for an order. My other brother and I have been so worried that neither of us has been sleeping. So John called this morning, the MRI is ordered and the case manager is working on an appointment and transportation. I was so relieved that I was crying, and called my other brother right away, and he was relieved. So if we get a fixable diagnosis fromthe MRI, Medicare should extend his stay. So that’s my saga! 

5/26/2023 11:55 am  #47

I THINK ITS A DARN SHAME WHEN 2 PEOPLE STAY TOGETHER AND MAKE THEIR LIVES MISERABLE FOR YEARS.  EVEN FOR THE SAKE OF THE KIDS.  THE KIDS KNOW THERE'S A BIG PROBLEM AND IT MARKS THEIR LIVES AS WELL.  I HOPE NOW BOTH CAN FIND SOMETHING GOOD IN THEIR LIVES.

DEVONNE......I LOVE THE WREATH.  THIS ONE SURELY DOES NOT LOOK FUNEREAL, THAT'S FOR SURE.

I WATERED MYGARDEN BUT THATS ALL.  I AM WONKY TODAY.  THAT MEANT A QUICK SANDWICH FOR LUNCH AND MAYBE EVEN FOR SUPPER TONITE.  I HAVE NOTHING PLANNED.  WILL VEGETATE IN FRONT OF THE TV.

WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/26/2023 11:57 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

5/26/2023 11:59 am  #48

HOLLY......GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEWS ABOUT YOUR BROTHER'S CARE.  I HOPE YOU CAN STOP WORRYING SO MUCH.  HUGS FOR YOU. 

5/26/2023 3:08 pm  #49

Afternoon y'all! 
I know you will once again be shocked by this statement, but I have been very busy! 
Sunday, I made a red velvet cake for my Niece's birthday! 
Monday, I started to take the spindles off the handicap ramp!  My neighbor said he will come help on Tuesday.  So Tuesday through yesterday we took the ramp down!  Goes fast with 2 and especially when one has the right tools!  I would start each day before he got here, no big deal.  I got one pole completely out by myself.  I was working on the second when he came to help.  Some had cement at the bottom, only on one side, some 2 sides.  My dad is rolling over in his grave.  The egregious stuff they did in the building of this ramp made me cringe!  I was surprised it was still standing! 15 poles in all to be removed! 
Today I cut the grass and did laundry.  Stripped beds too!  Also bagged leaves from the magnolia tree.  Neighbor raked them and put them at the road for yard waste pick up and they took maybe 2 pitch forks full! So now I have to bag them so they will take them.  So far 7 bags!  I need to get it done today before this weekends rain! 
The house looks totally different!   Hubby says it looks like a new house.   Even neighbors have commented!  Another neighbor brought additional drill bits so we didn't have to stop progress to go buy more.  The neighbor that helped the most took all the good wood for his own projects, and the rotten wood to burn!  Helps me with disposal!  Win~win! 
Hubby is on his way here.  He will drop his stuff, load the lawn mower and head to the lake to mow the grass there.  Also trying to beat the rain.  I have a short list of stuff to bring back here.  Mostly tools from the basement
Very cool today, supposed to get to ~ 56* tomorrow, glad I kept a long sleeve shirt and a pair of sweats!  I have had windows open all week, cool at night, so cooled the house enough that the A/C never came on.  Today I have been closing them one by one! 
Need to run, hubby just called, he's almost here and I need to make him a sandwich, and such for his supper, he will eat at the lake!  
Later my Friends! 

5/26/2023 4:43 pm  #50

Theresa, you’ve worked so hard! Give yourself a Pat on the back for us!

Sandra, I’m sure people stay together for various reasons. Mom felt financially dependent, and always preached to my girls to get an education so they never would be. And as they got older, I think it was just too much effort for her. She knew she could come to me or my brother at any time. And she was surprised how much she missed him after he died. People will do what they do. 

We both took a long nap this afternoon. I slept better than I have for days! 

5/27/2023 8:47 am  #51

THERESA.....SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A PLAN FOR THE WEEKEND.  GOOD FOR YOU.

HOLLY......YES, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT WHEN IT COMES TO WHAT THEY CAN TOLERATE IN THEIR LIVES.  ME, I WAS INDEPENDENT, USUALLY HAVING THE BETTER JOBS IN OFFICE MANAGEMENT AND OTHERS I KNOW HAD NOWHERE TO GO.  IT TAKES ALL KINDS, AS THEY SAY.

NO LONGER WONKY SO I GOT MY 2 SWEET PEPPERS TRANSPLANTED THIS MORNING.  ITS A NICE DAY, HITTING THE 70S LATER.  THIS WEEKEND WILL SEE THE HIGH 80S THEY SAY BUT THE NITES WILL STILL DROP INTO THE 40S AND 50S.  MY PEPPERS NEEDED MORE ROOM TO SPREAD THEIR FEET.

THE WEEKEND SHOULD BE A RESTFUL ONE FOR ME.  MY DAUGHTER MAY SEND SOMEONE FOR THE 2 PARSLEY PLANTS I OFFERED HER.  WE SHALL SEE.  IF NOT, I WILL GIVE THEM TO OTHERS HERE OR TUCK THEM INTO MY OWN BED.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/27/2023 8:50 am)

5/27/2023 9:14 am  #52

MY TWO SWEET PEPPERS ARE IN.

BESIDE THE 2 GREEN STAKES.

Last edited by quiltbea (5/27/2023 9:15 am)

5/27/2023 9:38 am  #53

Good Morning to everyone.  It is a beautiful day here, almost no breeze.  Well, I should change my mind, it is breezy down low.  I have no plans for the day, just have no energy, Tracy will be here this evening.  Well, a breeze just started up down low and a little up high!   I am completely out of energy so will just sign off, hope you are all well, will likely check in tomorrow.  Hope you are all well, BJ.

5/27/2023 10:04 am  #54

Holly, happy anniversary to you and Ralph! Hope you both get your favorite meal. 

Theresa, you are sounding a little chirpier! So glad there are good neighbors there willing to help you get the ramp down.

I ordered my Apple watch from Target and it's ready to be picked up. I got the 40 mm one. 

Greg is playing disc golf with his best friend and it's always in the woods. He sent me this picture. Poor little thing looks so scared!

Last edited by DownSouth (5/27/2023 10:17 am)

D e v o n n e

5/27/2023 10:23 am  #55

That was well-said, Holly.  With David and Rita, he also turned 50 last fall and sometimes that milestone makes a guy, especially,  make a change.  I'm hung up on the subject due to my own experience, but yours and QB's comments  resonate even with me.  I just talked with David's mom and she told me Rita has removed all pics with David in them from her Facebook profile. 

Theresa, wow!  (I always think and say that!)   Rather than being worn down, you sound like you're more and more energized as you get  more and more done.  I know it has to spur you on when Todd is in the picture and doing additional things toward getting you back to normalcy.  
Holly, better news about your Florida brother.  It's hard to be so far away when something like this occurs.  
Congrats on the new bed and recliner.  You've really done a ton of things to and for your home.  I know Ralph will appreciate his new chair. We probably need to replace Mom's that I sit in, but I also think we should just keep it as long as it runs.  It makes a big clunk when you activate it.  Howard looked at it but can't figure out how to fix it.  But that was a long time ago and it's still usable.  So...

QB, hope you feel better today.  As you always say, you won't starve.  Sandwiches are good.  I love them.  Fed Howard too many in his work lunches so he's not as willing to eat them.  But will sometimes.  If you saw us, you've know we don't/won't starve, either! 
Devonne, bow looks good to me, too.  I like your wreath, too.  I have several wreaths around the house.  Didn't make any of them.  Was going to make ribbon roses for ML's wedding.  Yeah right!  We still laugh once in a while about my attempt at them.  I did revamp her veil, successfully, for what that's worth... 
ETA:  Beautiful little fawn.  Probably waiting for it's mom to come back.

We're doing nothing for Memorial Day.  Andrew is staying at Notre Dame and we're preparing for our company next Friday so won't get together with just ML and Bill.  May or may not go out to eat the the church seniors tomorrow.  They're eating as the same place we just went to with our small group. It will be up to me.  Given the choice, Howard would never go.

Going  to get busy.  Have a wonderful weekend whatever you do.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (5/27/2023 10:34 am)

5/27/2023 12:20 pm  #56

Afternoon y'all! 
Holly thanks! 
DS you asked a while back about my sewing here, I'm hand sewing the hexies.  Slow going but I am loving the progress and enjoy doing something I love! 
QB I can taste those peppers!  (In my mind)  I can't wait till my home garden starts producing! 
Very wet here today.  Hubby pushed me out the door to Starbucks.  I enjoyed it, even sitting by myself!  I didn't have to rush, I could just enjoy!  Then to Walmart, a tad short on coffee pods, so got some Tim Horton ones, I remember their coffee being good, so hope these are too!  Mom is from Canada, and we would go to Tim Hortons every time we were there! 
Then I came back here.  Hubby and I went to Lowe's to get plumbing stuff for the lake and some flowers for the 2 pots outside, I got Zinnias!  They are pretty 9 for $12 I was happy.  I walked out in the rain, with my umbrella to find what I wanted.  Had to be full sun plants! 
We are supposed to get a break in the rain later this afternoon, I will dump some of the potting soil hubby brought back last night!  It is very dry in the bag, the soil, I figured it would not be moist it has been sitting in that basement for close to 15 years!   This is a good time to do this since we will have another round of rain after I plant them!   It will make this house look brighter!  I need mood pick me ups here, getting that ramp down was an awesome mood pick me up! 
I don't think I told y'all but I have a person interested in the house!  He drove by the house last night and really loved what he saw!  So taking the ramp down was a bonus!  He is willing to wait till we can sell it so that's another bonus! He keeps driving by, he has not seen the inside, but loves the outside!  Once I move mom I will take him through the house!  If he does buy it, it will be great, no realtor, no for sale sign and no fight from NSDB!  
Watching No time for Sergeants staring Andy Griffith, love the movie!  Mom is sitting in her chair laughing at the movie!  I'm glad I found a movie she can enjoy! 
Hubby is heading back to the lake, so will do the attic tomorrow, assuming he gets the plumbing fixed today.  He also wants to do some yard stuff so took weed eaters to do that.  Per the radar when he left the lake was almost in the break from the rain, so he may get to work outside!  He cannot sit still, so good to have him get stuff done that I can't do at the lake! 
Nothing else exciting from my temporary corner of the world! 
Later my Friends! 

5/27/2023 1:35 pm  #57

Devonne, that’s the size Apple Watch I have. You can get bands for every occasion cheap, about $10, on Amazon. I like the stretchy ones. 

We just got back from a birthday party at the diner, for one of Ralph’s Veteran group. Poor guy has cancer, and looks it. He’s Filipino with a huge family, they are all so nice. 

51st anniversary, hard to believe! Like the saying goes, the days are long, the years are short. He offered to go to dinner anywhere I want, but we’re full from the party. Tomorrow we’ll go to brunch at a place we like, his brother and SIL are still away. And I have leftovers from yesterday and today. 

The weather is so nice, 70’s and sunny! Heather’s inground pool has a leak, so she and Ed are going to put on wetsuits and look for it.

5/27/2023 1:46 pm  #58

I WAS HAVING A BIT OF TROUBLE POSTING HERE EARLIER SO ITS LATE, BUT NEVER TOO LATE.
HOLLY AND RALPH......HAPPY 51ST ANNIVERSARY.  ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY.

DEVONNE.....LOVE THE PHOTO OF THE FAWN.  I HOPE THEY JUST LEFT IT ALONE SO ITS MOTHER COULD COME BACK TO FEED IT LATER.

THERESA......GOOD NEWS THAT YOU HAVE A POTENTIAL BUYER FOR MOM'S HOUSE.  YIPPEE.

LINDA.....I HOPE YOU ARE RESTED AFTER HAVING COMPANY FOR A FEW DAYS.  THAT'S ALWAYS TIRING.

THAT'S IT.  I THINK I AM CAUGHT UP.  HUGS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (5/27/2023 8:47 pm)

5/27/2023 7:37 pm  #59

Sandra, they didn't bother the baby fawn. I hope Mom came back.

I went to Home Depot and bought a Park's Whopper tomato plant, two hydrangea bushes & two day lilies. I also got another phlox bush. I like them so much, I already have 2 in pots! Still no zinnias in stock.

I went to Gary's place at 4:30. Emily abruptly left. I stayed until 7:30 & she wasn't back. She called & apologized; said she had to get away from "all the people." Hannah had invited a couple over to cook out and their two kids, so that made 4 kids. She said today was her worse day ever. I totally understand about bad days. 

Holly, I hope things work out for your brother. I think Billy would still be alive if Medicare had let him stay longer in rehab. The first week he had gout in his toe and couldn't do any rehab. He only had one week of rehab and they said he was ready to leave.

I'm really excited for you, Theresa! I hope this potential buyer stays interested. You will save so much in realtor fees. 

I spent $35 at the yard sale I went to. There was a lot of fabric and sewing stuff, but nothing I was interested in. She had batting, but it was polyester and I prefer cotton. I did buy a bunch of new kitchen towels to use for embroidery, sewing pins, some stabilizer and a wicker basket. There were a lot of embroidered baby blankets & sofa pillows she had made. Dee would love for me to buy her Mom's embroidery machine, but it's a 2008 and I don't need another out of date machine. Mine is a Brother 4000D with built-in Disney designs. Hers is a Husqvarna Designer Diamond Royale. If I spent the money on another machine, it would be a newer one, not one 15 years old. So far, I'm content with the one I have. I really hope to get back in the sewing room next week. I haven't been in there since before the cruise. 

Linda, that's wonderful you have some help and can get some things planted in your yard that you want. 

D e v o n n e

5/27/2023 8:51 pm  #60

SORRY HOLLY.   I HAVE NOW FIXED THE ANNIVERSARY YEARS IN BOTH PLACES.  IN MY BOOK I HAD YOUR CORRECT ANNIV. DATE OF 1972 BUT ON MY WALL CALENDAR I HAD WRITTEN '73.  TRANSPOSING CAN MAKE YOU CRAZY.

Last edited by quiltbea (5/27/2023 8:52 pm)

Board footera