OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/20/2023 9:10 am  #61

Re: ODT SUNDAY MAY 14 ~ SAT MAY 20

It’s rainy and dreary today. I have pineapple banana bread in the oven, smells great!

Theresa, sounds like capstone is kind of ranger clinical? 

All my Apple devices have an update. I did the watch last night, the iPad and phone this morning, and the iPad mini is updating now. 

We had pizza parlor pizza the other night, so good! I don’t remember the last time we had it. 

Nothing else going on in our corner of south jersey.

5/20/2023 9:23 am  #62

Holly- a Capstone in college is offered in some colleges as an alternative to writing a thesis.  Some schools let students do an “internship” over the summer semester…other schools have it as a requirement…it’s an immersion into a specific field that they may plan to pursue.  My nephew did a capstone in International Journalism  a while back.
    Sort of a mixed day here. First sunny then cloudy.  Hoping for rain late today. 
Skipped the gym as I have been having some leg pain just about where your leg joins your body.  I’ve had it over the past few months when I get up from kneeling or squatting. But the last few days it's happening randomly like when I’m walking. It’s a quick, but sharp, shooting pain?  If it doesn’t get batter soon, I guess I’ll have to see someone.

5/20/2023 9:24 am  #63

Holly is that update the16.5 security update?

5/20/2023 9:36 am  #64

Good Morning to everyone.  It is 8:30 and I'm just getting moving, am dressed and have makeup on.  It is 62* this morning, sunny and bright.  Tracy is still sleeping, think she needs it, didn't sleep the night before hardly at all.  Hope she gets better soon.

Don't have any plans right now for the day.  May take a drive and get an ice cream later, sounds good to me.  Coffee tastes good this morning, not eating breakfast right now as Tracy usually likes to make something when she gets up.

I'm going to sign off as I'm very tired this morning and may take a little nap, hope you all have a very nice day, sending love and best wishes, BJ.

5/20/2023 10:44 am  #65

Janet, yes, everything is now updated to 16.5. It took forever for the devices to prepare the update- about a half hour.

5/20/2023 10:53 am  #66

Thanks Holly. I’ll probably do it overnight

5/20/2023 11:19 am  #67

Holly, it only took a few minutes for my devices to update.

Sandra, my massage therapist works firmly but never to the point of pain. I’ve never felt sore after a massage. Part of the enjoyment is the environment- dim lights, soft music, no conversation. 

I went to yoga class this morning. I wish they had it every Saturday instead of only once a month. It also meets Thursday and Friday evenings but I seldom go on Fridays because I go to chair exercise that afternoon. The only other plan I have for today is to make a chocolate sheet cake to take to my great nephew’s graduation party tomorrow. I might decide to go to the high school honors night tonight because he will be receiving a scholarship.

Last edited by Pvillelou (5/20/2023 12:57 pm)

5/20/2023 2:57 pm  #68

Afternoon y'all! 
Holly Like Janet said and it is becoming a requirement for all undergrad studies, each school does it a little different.  Luke could not do it last summer, thanks to Covid.  He had to take a certain class before he did the capstone. 
Pvillelou the massage sounds great!  
It has been overcast most of today!  I got my walk in this morning.  I have cut the grass in the front and did the weed eater in the front and back.  Started cutting the back yard.  Waiting for the lawnmower batteries to recharge.  Thinking of buying a second set of batteries, I can get more done that way! If I take the lawnmower home also it will be nice to have them! 
While the batteries have been charging, this is the second time I have had to charge, I have also picked up sticks from the yard, and cleaned up some old plastic pots that have seen their better days!  Slow but sure I will get this yard into good shape. 
The weed killer hubby put out a few weeks back has finally started to kill the dandelion weeds in the front.  Lots of dead dandelions as I was cutting!  They have been the worst weeds here! The back yard is loaded with them.  
I hope I can finish the back yard today!  Will be nice to not see weed flowers when I look at the back yard.  The neighbors have not cut the back in a few weeks and I have been too busy to deal with it.  I think since the front has been cut they have assumed the back was too!  No big deal, they have stepped in when I really need them so I cannot complain! 
I got another flower on my WIP, last night, and finished doing background on the flower before it!  
Other than being tired, not much happening here! Got supper planned, mom wants a baked potato, only one potato in the house so it is hers, I'm cooking pork chops and adding a salad. 
Later my Friends! 

5/20/2023 9:23 pm  #69

Tonight was honors night at the high school where all of family has graduated from and where I taught. I went because my great nephew was expecting to be awarded a scholarship. He was awarded THREE.  I don’t think they are for huge amount but every bit helps. His plan is to attend a junior college and study auto mechanics. There are about 115 graduates, 187 scholarships were awarded with a total value of $1.4 million!  Many of them were from colleges but there were also many local ones in memory of certain people, including the one in memory of my nephew Wyatt who was KIA in Iraq 18 years ago.

Board footera