OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/18/2023 12:56 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY MAY 14 ~ SAT MAY 20

Trish- yes, you can successfully freeze lasagna and most everything if you wrap it in clear wrap and then foil and then put it in a plastic (twist tie) and press out as much air as possible.  I also freeze cooked Turkey breasts, turkey meatloaf, meatballs, etc.  The key is to freeze right away and wrap it well.

5/18/2023 12:58 pm  #42

Devonne - not all chiropractors are “bone crushers”. I also have back issue and my Chiro is great.  I just went this morning with what presented as sciatic and in about 5 min the pain was gone.  Most times it just an alignment issue.

5/18/2023 1:45 pm  #43

Ahhhh!  That massage was wonderful!  I usually get a 60 minute massage every 2-3 weeks but my next two will be 90 minutes, thanks to the upgrade Lynn gave me for Mothers Day.  Before I came home, I got some locally-grown strawberries, my favorite fruit.  I’m really pampering myself today.

5/18/2023 2:01 pm  #44

Decided to make a wreath for the front door. Got this grapevine wreath at GW, it had some ugly Christmas decor on it that I took off. 

There's only one big problem....it looks like a FUNERAL WREATH! Guess I'll have to start all over. 

Last edited by DownSouth (5/18/2023 2:04 pm)

D e v o n n e

5/18/2023 2:48 pm  #45

Afternoon y'all! 
Holly, yes, it is the Hannah Swenson series!  Just told hubby to send a couple and he sent 4.  I'm good for a bit! 
Trish, I'm sure NSDB has not thought that far ahead!  He thinks when I get things done he will ride in here and claim he did it all!  He also thinks Mom is made of money, and will be his personal sugar momma!
QB glad the radishes survived! 
Pvillelou, I too love fresh picked strawberries.  There's a u-pick farm not far from here.  Got some in April, they were still hard, but tasty! 
Very slow day here.  Been raining since I got up.  No walk, may walk in the rain a bit later! If it lets up enough!  I sorted paperwork, and filed the paperwork.  Wrote out bills for mom and took them to the PO, also bought some stamps!  Stopped by Rush's and got mom a strawberry Sundae!  She loves them!  Here and made a batch of Brownies! 
I also pulled winter stuff from my closet, to send home with hubby.  He's coming Sunday after dropping Luke off at the Great Smokey Mountain NP.  Leaving Monday afternoon! 
I don't know/remember if I told y'all that Luke is doing his Capstone at the Great Smokey Mountains NP.  He starts Monday, and should be there until the end of the "season".  He is a seasonal hire! 
It has been raining all day and is very cool.  I opened windows so the A/C wouldn't kick on and to get some fresh air in the house!  The house is the perfect temp, it's great, and saving on Mom's power bill too! 
Nothing else exciting! 
Later my Friends! 

5/18/2023 3:25 pm  #46

Oh, my! 😥  I'm so very sorry to hear about Brenda!  It explains why correspondence from her ceased long ago, and all my inquiries went unanswered. 😢😭   Yes, she had MS and wasnt doing all that well last we "spoke," which was a couple years ago -- maybe close to three?

Thank you for posting the link, Theresa.
It works.  -- I'm so sorry for all your going through!

How wonderful that Marilyn is doing well! 🤗 thank you, Indy!

Pville, it sounds like you are describing one of my favorite flowers, the calibrachoa.  They do indeed look lik a miniature petunia, another favorite of mine.

I had more to say, but I got interrupted.
Contractor has been here all week, and they be here all of next week as well.  We are getting a new roof, new skylights, and they start the Hardieplank siding next week.  Our plumber will be here Monday to install a spacer to the gas meter to accommodate the siding. Its getting very exciting!  Noisy!🤪 😉 But exciting!💃🏼

Anyway, I better run!  DH took the day off and we are going to go look at decking material and also finalize our paint selection.  Well, we have it down to four colors, and we need to eliminate one and our contractor will have us select one from three painter test areas.  Our house will be a lovely shade of green. 🤗 

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

5/18/2023 3:41 pm  #47

Diane, you are right about my flowers. When I went to church Sunday night, there were some plants left so the pastor told all of us women to take another one. The one I took had a tag with the name. A friend said the common name is million bells. I got them repotted in a pretty pot and put it on my patio table. Not only will I be able to enjoy it when on the patio but I can see it from the recliner in the sun room.

5/18/2023 4:07 pm  #48

Yes, I believe Proven Winners refers to them as Million Bells.  Love them!🤩

5/18/2023 4:55 pm  #49

Theresa, what’s a capstone?

5/19/2023 5:31 am  #50

Diane- we just had our deck done with Wolff planks.  DH did the research and it did better on the tests and reviews than Trex.  With did it in Amberwood and it looks
great.

5/19/2023 9:11 am  #51

A LOVELY SUNNY DAY HERE IN THE 60S WITH RAIN COMING PROBABLY LATE TONITE AND TOMORROW.  MY PLANTS ARE OUT HARDENING.
TONY HAD SOME FROST DAMAGE TO SOME OF HIS UPPER TOMATO LEAVES WHERE THE PLASTIC TOUCHED THEM.  OTHERWISE, THEY ARE ALL LOOKING PRETTY GOOD.  I THINK THEY WILL MAKE IT JUST FINE.
I PLAN TO SOW SOME SEEDS LATER TODAY.  PROBABLY SOME CARROTS AND LETTUCE AND SOME MORE RADISHES ALL ALONG THE OUTSIDE EDGE OF MY GARDEN BED.

DIANE......WOW, IT LOOKS LIKE WITH YOUR RENOVATIONS, YOU WILL HAVE A NEW HOUSE.  THAT'S LOTS TO BE DONE AND I'M SURE IT WILL BE BEAUTIFUL.

DEVONNE......I THINK THE WREATH LOOKS GOOD.  A FEW MORE PINKY FLOWERS WILL MAKE IT SPARK.

NOT MUCH ELSE TO REPORT.  HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

5/19/2023 9:42 am  #52

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is a cool morning, only 58* and no sun! and no breeze!  Rhonda is camping today and through the weekend, should be fun.  Hope it is not so cool there and she took some warm clothes.
I sure enjoy reading what everyone is doing.   Know it is not very exciting, for sure, but it is nice to hear about it.  I do not have any ambition this morning, so will likely just sit in my chair and watch TV.  Not a very exciting day.  Tracy will be here this evening and through the weekend.   That will be very nice.

Well, since I have nothing to say, will just sign off, wishing you all very well.  Have a wonderful day, BJ.

5/19/2023 10:08 am  #53

GOOD MORNING!

SEEM TO NEED THE LARGER SIZE THIS AM. SORRY TO NOT GETTING BACK SOONER. WEDNESDAY I WAS A LITERAL SLUG! YESTERDAY, NOT SO MUCH. SPENT PART OF THE DAY STAYING WITH MY NEIGHBOR WHILE ONE OF HER DAUSGHTERS HAD HERE OWN DOCTOR APPOINTMENT. SHE BROUGH DARRELL AND I BOTH A BURGER, FRIES AND A FROSTY FROM WENDY'S. SHE DIDN'T NEED TO DO THAT, BUT IT WAS NICE THAT SHE DID. ON WEDNESDAY, SHE GOT DARRELL'S APPLICATION FOR A HANDICAP HANGTAG SUBMITTED. GAVE A TEMPORARY ONE. SHE GOT ONE FOR HER MOM AND I STAYED WITH HER MOM WHILE SHE DID THAT. A BIG HELP FOR US. SHE ALSO GOT APPLICATION FOR ME TO GET A REAL PHOTO ID. SHE FILLED MOST OF IT OUT FOR ME.

WHILE I WAS OVER THERE, DARRELL FIXED HIS BREAKFAST. HE PUT VINEGAR IN THE KEIRIG INSTEAD OF THE WATER. NOT ONLY THAT, HE DRANK THE COFFEE! HOPE THERE WAS ENOUGH WATER INTERNALLY SO THAT HE DIDN'T GET A LOT OF THE VINEGAR FROM THE RESVOIR. THE INSDIES AND RESVOIR NEEDED CLEANING AND THEY GOT THAT. RAN COFFEE MAKER MANY TIMES TO FLUSH THE VINEGAR OUT. TOOK THE RESIVOIR OUT AND WASHED. GOT THE PART OUT THAT HOLDS THE PODS AND WASHED THAT TOO. HE SAID IT TASTED OKAY TODAY.

THE VISIT WENT VERY WELL AND DS#1 GOT A LOT DONE FOR ME. HE AND DS#2 PUT UP BLINDS IN THE KITCHEN. JUST VINYL MINI BLINDS. HAD THEM BEFORE THE KITCHEN REDO, BUT DECIDED I NEEDED THE LIGHT CONTROL. GLAD TO HAVE THAT DONE. THEY BOTH TOOK OUT THE OLD EXERCISE STATIONARY BIKE OUT TO PATIO. DS#2 SAID HE COULD GET IT TO THE CURB FOR BULK PICK UP FROM THE PATIO. GLAD THAT IS OUT OF THE FAMILY ROOM. MOSTLY USED FOR A PLANT ON THE SEAT ON CLOTHES HANGING ROM HANDLEBAR. A FEW OTHER SMALL THINGS GOT DONE. #1 ALSO DID A LITTL BACCUMING FOR ME.

DIDN'T GET A FEW THINGS DONE AFTER THE EPISODE LAST WEDNESDAY NIGHT. NOT THIS WEDNESDAY, BUT THE WEEK BEFORE. HAD A BAD, BAD DIZZY SPELL. EVEN THREW UP A FEW TIMES. FELT SO BAD I WAS AFRAID I WAS HAVING A STROKE. MY LATE DAD HAD THOSE SYMPTOPMS WHEN HE HAD HIS STROKE. GOT CHECKED OUT AND VITALS WERE OKAY. FELT BETTER THAT THEY WERE FAIRLY NORMAL. SAID IF I WASN'T BETTER TO CALL THEM BACK TO TAKE ME TO HOSPITAL. HAD CALLED THEM ABOUT 3:30 AM. HAD ONLY GONE TO BED ABOUT 2:30 A, I WAS BETTER THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. GRATEFUL FOR THAT. I WAS TOLD BY NEIBOR'S DAUGHTER WHO IS A NURSE THAT I HAD DONE THE CORRECT THING BY GETTING CHECKED OUT. IF ANY OF VITALS WERE OUT O WHACK, I WOULD HAVE GONE IN TO ER. THEY EVEN STUCK MY FINGER TO CHECK BLOOD SUGAR.

DEVONNE, LOVE YOUR WREATH! MADE ONE SIMILAR A FEW YEARS AGO. IF YOU WISH, CAN ASK SANDRA TO POST A PHOTO  OF IT. I DON''T THINK SHE WOULD MIND. MINE HAS A VARIETY OF FLOWERS IN IT.

DIANE, GREAT TO GET THOSE THINGS DONE TO YOUR HOME. A NUSAIANCE AT THE TIME BUT WORTH IT.

BJ, THINK OF YOU OFTEN. YOU HANG IN THERE.

MARY LOU, GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD MOTHER'S DAY TOO.

SANDRA, WE GOT A LITTLE COOLER HERE, BUT NOT SURE ABOUT FROST. AT LEAST WE HAVE HAD NONE SINCE THE NEW LANDSCAPING PUT IN. A LITTLE WARMER TODAY THAN YESTERDAY. MAY HAVE SOME RAIN AND THUNDERSTORM ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON. NEW SHRUBS LOVED THE RAIN WE HAD A DAY OR SO AFTER THEY WERE PLANTED. WISHING FOR SOME MORE TO SAVE WATERING.

WELL DIDN'T GET THIS SUBMITED BEFORE NOON, SO GOOD AFTERNOON!

HAVE MORE TO TELL ABOUT DS' VISIT AND THE LANDSCAPING.

I HAVE BEEN READING THIS WEEK'S POSTS BUT NOT ALL OF LAST WEEK'S.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS...........................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

5/19/2023 12:59 pm  #54

Afternoon y'all! 
Holly I had to ask him the same thing.  It's similar to an internship, but you are doing a specific project in addition to the internship, and you have to write something similar to a mini dissertation about the project and what you learned..... There is a grade for this!  I know that was clear as mud! 
Mtn Mom yay on the renovations!  Nice when they move right along!!!! 
Very cool here today, was raining when I got up.  Did walk closer to 11 am and the rain was just spitting.  Needed a jacket.  Not sure if the rain is done.  While doing my walk I saw recycle bins at the end of peoples yards, and realized I had not put my Mom's at the road.  I was too far to turn around, but when I hit a cross street, beelined it here.  Got it to the road before the truck came! 
I did get a walk in last night, an umbrella walk.
Made a list of things we need to bring to Atlanta for mom, when we move her. Shared the list with hubby, DNiece, Alex, and Sara.  The list is in notes on my iPhone and they can add to it.  This way if I miss something one set of eyes will catch it! Hubby said it was a good list.  I don't want to come back any more often than needed. 
I have also started another list of things hubby needs to take to Atlanta each trip here.  I keep forgetting to send things home with him so decided to start a list so we don't forget things.  Too many things going on in my brain to remember everything right now! 
I need to figure out supper.  We had stuff from the freezer last night, stuff that was down to single servings, gave mom a choice.  Now down to one thing in the big freezer.  I want to unplug it, the big freezer, need DNiece get the freezer burned meats out, she cooks them for her dogs.  I want them gone and we both forget when she leaves. 
Nothing else exciting from this little corner of the world! 
Later my Friends! 

5/19/2023 3:11 pm  #55

Linda, I'm glad you got checked out and were ok. A lot got done for you during your DS's visit. I would love to see a picture of your wreath. I've decided not to use the pink flowers. I'll post a picture when it's done. 

Theresa, sounds like things are winding down. It's good you have a basement where you can store all the stuff you are bringing home. Your NSDB is in for a surprise when he finds out no one is living in Mom's house anymore & there's a For Sale sign in the yard. I guess you can't list it until probate is over? 

Last edited by DownSouth (5/19/2023 3:12 pm)

D e v o n n e

5/19/2023 4:32 pm  #56

Good evening all,

Devonne, I think your wreath is very pretty!    

Sounds like you all had a nice Mother's Day.  Aaron came over and brought his Blackstone grill and made grilled chicken and smash burgers.  It was really good, plus, I did not have to cook or clean up!  lol!!
Anthony brought me a lovely Impatient plant for my front porch.  It may get too much so, so I may have to put it in the back.  I will wait to see if it droops.

My eye is doing a little better...hope time will heal it well.  I did get a new eyeglass prescription and ordered cheap glasses from Zenni since I still need additional surgery, but I can see better for now.

I need to go get my annuals to put out.  I am glad I did not get them out just yet since it frosted two nights ago!  The grape vineyards here lost their first rotation of vines.  So sad for them.  I seem to do less and less flowers as the years go by, but I do what I can.

Sandie, thanks for the link about LL.  Somebody just mentioned her a while back.  So sad to see so many friends passing.

I finished two scrap quilts and actually got them quilted and one of them bound.  I still need to do the binding on the second one.  I used all scrap pieces for the top and some flannel from my stash for the back.  They are small (lap size) and I may just donate them to the animal shelter as they always need blankets for the dogs.

Trish, your dinner sounds wonderful.  yummy!!

Nothing else going on so I will close for now.

Take care.

5/19/2023 5:43 pm  #57

LINDA ASKED ME TO POST THESE FOR DEVONNE......

HER FRONT DOOR WREATH.

CLOSEUP.
QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/19/2023 5:45 pm)

5/19/2023 6:00 pm  #58

SANDRA, THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE PIX OF THE WREATH. 

IT IS A LITTLE WORSE FOR WEAR. A FEW POSIES HAVE FALLEN OFF. IT IS A STRAW BASE WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF FLORAL PINS. THINK THAT IS WHAT MAKES IT SO HEAVY. THE FLOWERS ARE FROM DOLLAR GENERAL AND DOLLAR TREE. I HAVE ALSO MADE A FALL ONE WITH FALL COLOR FLOWERS FROM SAME PLACES.

NEED TO REVAMP MY PATRIOTIC ONE THAT I LEAVE UP JUNE, JULY, AUGUST UNTIL JUST AFTER LABOR DAY. IT IS NOT LIKE THIS ONE, BUT IS A GRAPEVINE WITH RED AND WHITE FLOWERS AND A BLUE BOW. THE RED BERRIES HAVE TURNED WHITE. HOPE I CAN GET TO DOLLAR TREE AND DOLLAR GENERAL SOON TO SEE ABOUT SOME FLOWERS TO REPLACE THE FADED ONES ON IT.

HANK YOU AGAIN, SANDRA.

Ts AND Ps...........................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

5/19/2023 11:24 pm  #59

Janet, I love the color you chose! Beautiful! We are looking at similar colors.

Linda, I'm so sorry you've felt so awful, but so glad that you are feeling better!  Your wreath is beautiful

Sandra, the row of phlox is absolutely gorgeous! And your gardens in general look great!

There goes the phone.  And then I'm off to bed.  Very early for me, but I'm exhausted! 🤪

5/20/2023 8:37 am  #60

IT LOOKS LIKE RAIN IS ON THE WAY.  GETTING CLOUDIER AS I WRITE.  EXPECTING SHOWERS ALL AFTRNOON.

HOW NICE FOR ALL YOU LADIES THAT SEE A CHIRO AND GET SOME RELIEF.  THAT'S ALWAYS A GOOD THING.  I AM HAPPY FOR YOU.

MARYLOU......WOW, A 90-MIN. MASSAGE.  THAT'S A LONG TIME GETTING ROLLED AND PUMMELED.  I HOPE THEY DID IT GENTLY AND NO ACHES AFTERWARDS.  SOUNDS WONDERFUL.  WHAT A NICE GIFT.

THERESA.......IS IT THE HANNAH SWENSON FROM HALLMARK MOVIES YOU READ ABOUT?  IF IT IS, I JUST SAW THE LATEST 'CARROT CAKE' MYSTERY LAST NITE.  I AM GETTING REALLY TIRED OF HER BEING SO BOSSY ABOUT THE MURDERS AND PUSHING HER WAY INTO THEM, BUT I GUESS THAT'S WHAT MAKES THE STORY.  I PERSONALLY LIKE THE FELLOW, GABRIEL HOGAN, WHO PLAYS THE DENTIST IN THE SERIES.  I FIRST SAW HIM ON THE CANADIAN SERIES HEARTLAND SOME YEARS BACK.  THE STORY RAN FOR SEVERAL YEARS.  LOVED THE SHOW OF THE FOLKS ON A RANCH IN CANADA.

HOLLY........I, TOO, WONDERED ABOUT A CAPSTONE.  THE ONLY ONE I KNEW WAS THE ONE THEY PUT ON THE END OF THE STONE FENCES.

LINDA.......WOW,  YOU SURE WERE BUSY WHEN YOU HAD COMPANY BUT ITS NICE THAT IT TURNED OUT SO WELL AND YOUR FAMILY WAS SO HELPFUL AROUND THE PLACE.

CHERYL.....I AM GLAD YOU GOT SOME TEMPORARY GLASSES THAT ARE HELPFUL AS YOUR EYE SURGERIES ARE ONGOING AND IMPROVING.  ITS A GOOD PLAN TO HAVE SOME HELP ALONG THE WAY.

IT WAS SO DARN WINDY OUT YESTERDAY, I HAD TO PUT MY PLANTS BACK IN THEIR CARTON AND LEAVE THEM OUT FOR SUNSHINE.  THEY ONLY HAD 4 HOURS OUT YESTERDAY.  THE WIND WAS BLOWING THE STEMS OVER SO MUCH I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BREAK.  WHILE OUT THERE, I SOWED SOME LETTUCE SEEDS AND MORE RADISHES. I HAD BURIED THE ROWS UNDER THE NEW SOIL I ADDED A COUPLE WEEKS AGO.  I WAS SURPRISED WHEN I WENT TO RE-SOW THE CARROT ROW, THAT THERE WAS A BIT OF GREEN POPPING UP.  I PUSHED AWAY SOME OF THE SOIL I HAD BURIED THEM WITH WHEN IMPROVING MY SOIL BED, AND THEY ARE DOING JUST GREAT.  THE EXTRA SOIL DID NOT HURT THEM.  I DO NOT HAVE TO RE-SOW.
I AM GOING TO GO OUT AND CHECK MY BED BEFORE THE RAIN AND SOW SOME STARFIGHTER LETTUCE SEED WHICH IS A LEAF LETTUCE.  I FORGOT THE SEED AND LEFT IT ON MY KITCHEN TABLE YESTERDAY AND DID NOT WANT TO TAKE ANOTHER TRIP OUT.

MY BOOK'S CHAPTER FOR THE DAY IS FINISHED.  HAVE A LOVELY DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/20/2023 8:49 am)

Board footera