OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/06/2023 6:00 pm  #1

ODT SUNDAY MAY 14 ~ SAT MAY 20

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/14/2023 4:25 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY MAY 14 ~ SAT MAY 20

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

We just got back from a delicious dinner with family, 3 courses is way too much for me, and I feel totally stuffed full of good food. Mine was Mediterranean Crostini, followed by Spaghetti with zucchini, and finally Biscoff Creme Brûlée, all delicious, and most of the pasta is home ready for tomorrows dinner. The guys had pizza for their mains, arancini or pasta shells stuffed with ricotta for entrees (starters) and chocolate mousse slice or flourless brownie for dessert. Nunzio always has a delicious menu to choose from, plenty of options for everyone, although out of 6 choices we seem to choose the same things LOL, his sons were both working, both their wives had babies the same day recently, within 15 hours of each other, one was quite early and the other a few days late. Mother nature had her own ideas! Both boys (and Nunzio) working in the kitchen tonight, so they celebrate tomorrow.

Have a good sleep, see you tomorrow!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/14/2023 6:57 am  #3

GOOD MORNING!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.

BEHIND ON READING. ENJOYING SON AND DIL BEING HERE.

THINKING OF EVERY ONE. PRAYERS......

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

5/14/2023 7:08 am  #4

Happy Mothers Day.  Hope you all hear from or see your kids and grands today. 

I slept in today. Skipping the gym.

5/14/2023 7:29 am  #5

ITS OUR SPECIAL DAY LADIES, THOSE WITH AND WITHOUT KIDS.  ALL OF US HAVE BEEN MOTHERS TO CHILDREN AND PETS THRU OUR LIVES.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/14/2023 7:31 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

5/14/2023 7:35 am  #6

ITS A LOVELY DAY HERE.  COOL SO FAR, ONLY IN THE 50S BUT WILL BE IN THE 60S LATER.  I LOVE THIS KIND OF WEATHER.
I WILL BRING OUT MY PLANTS FOR A BIT OF HARDENING OFF IN ABOUT A HOUR FOR 4 HOURS.
MY SON WILL BE BRINGING US LUNCH TODAY.  I THOUGHT HE WOULD DO SOMETHING.  HE ALWAYS REMEMBERS.  I THINK I WILL KEEP HIM.
I PLAN TO HAVE THE TOMATO STAKES IN THE GARDEN BED FOR HIM TO PUT IN FOR ME.  HE'S GOT THE MUSCLE THAT IS MISSING IN MY LIFE.  I EVEN HAVE A RUBBER MALLET TO HELP DO THE JOB.

MY DAY OTHERWISE WILL BE QUIET.  MY NEIGHBOR NAN IS STOPPING AT MARKET BASKET AFTER CHURCH AND WILL PICK ME UP SOME JELLY DONUTS.  MY USUAL MARKET DOES NOT OFTEN HAVE THEM ANYMORE AND I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOME.

TRISH....I DID NOT REALIZE YOU HAD MOTHER'S DAY WHEN WE DO.  I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST A NATIONAL DATE.  HAPPY BELATED MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU.
THAT'S ABOUT IT FROM ME.  OH, I HAD TO PUT UP MY JIGSAW PUZZLE FLAT SINCE I NEED THE SPACE ON MY DINING TABLE FOR MY PLANTS UNTIL THEY ARE TRANSPLANTED OUTDOORS. I GUESS I CAN LIVE WITH IT.  MORE CROSSWORDS AND SOLITAIRE INSTEAD SHOULD KEEP ME BUSY.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS FOR ALL, QB S  

Last edited by quiltbea (5/14/2023 7:40 am)

5/14/2023 8:39 am  #7

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!  Bad storms here and wonky computer limits my time.  Thundering again, so I'm outta here!

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

5/14/2023 11:35 am  #8

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day!
Camping has been great! The PNW is in a heat wave, but being right next to a river means we cool off nicely in the evenings. We have been to the beach, watched the waves and clammers. I get such a kick out of watching the little kids help clam~~they get sooo excited no matter the size. LOL
Home tomorrow and I have a small pile of work to do along with laundry and emptying out the MH. It will be a busy week. I want to get to a nursery tomorrow sometime and get some plants for my outdoor pots. Since all the daffodils finished blooming and the azalea bushes are almost done, I need color. :-)
I hope you all have a great week!
((hugs))
~Sandie

5/14/2023 12:31 pm  #9

Happy Hallmark Holiday to all, whether your kids have 2 feet or 4! 
I did a blog post with my stack of afghans. 
We just got back from Sunday lunch, Applebees this week. It’s sunny with a breeze, in the low 70’s. 

5/14/2023 2:18 pm  #10

Happy Mother's Day to everyone, whether you're a mother or not.

Greg came, brought lunch and a beautiful card! He went to McAllisters & got me a chicken salad sandwich, broccoli & cheese soup & a large tea. He changed my furnace filter, fridge filter, took the big rug to the garage & hooked up a new water hose for me & brought it around to the front of the house behind the shrubbery.

Gary called and wished me a happy Mother's Day. He said he might come over later. Emily is off so I doubt seeing him.

It's 86 here now, going up to 88. I went outside with Greg when he did my new water hose, but it was way too hot for me. 

Last edited by DownSouth (5/14/2023 2:24 pm)

D e v o n n e

5/14/2023 3:21 pm  #11

Hello!  I’m having a very good Mother’s Day. My daughter sent me an e-card with a note saying she is giving 2 30-minute extensions to massages.  At church, all women were given a potted blooming plant, not sure what it is, blooms look like baby petunias. Zach (oldest grandson) called to wish me happy Mother’s Day.  I went to DSIL for noon meal, niece and her family were there. SIL had heard me say my grocery store was out of the tea bags I like so she gave me some. Niece gave me a sweet card. David called and we had a nice chat. Lynn and I are planning our weekly phone call for later this evening.

I hope you all are having as good a day as mine!

5/14/2023 4:17 pm  #12

Carol, I saw where the tornado hit in Laguna Heights, looks about 5 hours from you. Glad you are ok. The news said they got a late warning. 

Stamps are going up again on July 9th to $.66. We need to buy Forever stamp books before then. 

D e v o n n e

5/14/2023 6:59 pm  #13

Mary Lou, so glad your day was so great! Devonne, so glad your son brought his muscle to you!
We talked to Manda on Thursday, Steph on Friday, my brother John yesterday, and Heather tonight- she called on her way home from work. She’s coming up tomorrow. 
After we got home from lunch, I took a nap on the couch. I’m getting ready to start a new crochet project, an Afghan called Springfrost that was a crochet along on a blog. I wanted to use up all that scrap yarn before starting a new project. 

5/15/2023 4:53 am  #14

Devonne- I saw that about the stamps.  Thanks for the reminder.  I don’t mail much anymore. 
   I don’t like holidays much anymore.  Slept in yesterday and went to bed early.

5/15/2023 5:35 am  #15

IT LOOKS LIKE MOST HAD A GOOD MOTHER'S DAY.  LOTS OF KIDS AND FAMILY STAYING IN TOUCH.

SANDIE.......IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT TRIP FULL OF GOOD TIMES.  I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE COOLING BREEZE OFF THE RIVER.  WE HAVE THAT HERE BESIDE MY RIVER WHICH IS VERY WELCOME IN THE SUMMER WHEN GATHERING AROUND THE PATIO WITH THE OTHER RESIDENTS.

MARYLOU........YOU WERE TRULY BLESSED WITH FAMILY YESTERDAY.  GOOD FOR YOU.  THEY ALL REMEMMBERED.

LINDA......I HOPE YOU ARE DOING OKAY.  YOU HAVE NOT POSTED BUT I KNOW YOU ARE BUSY PREPARING FOR THE FAMILY VISIT SOON.  HUGS

HOLLY.....I AM GOING TO CHECK YOUR BLOG AFTER POSTING THIS.  YOU GET SO MANY LOVELY AFGHANS FINISHED, YOU ARE AMAZING. 

DEVONNE......THANKS FOR THE UPDATE ON STAMP PRICES INCREASING JULY 9TH.  I NEED TO BUY A FEW BOOKS OF STAMPS SOON.  I LIKE TO KEEP AHEAD WITH ENOUGH TO GO FOR A COUPLE MONTHS AT LEAST.
YOUR SON ALWAYS COME THRU FOR YOU.  YOU ARE BLESSED AS WELL.

MY SON CAME OVER AND BROUGHT KFC FOR LUNCH, ALONG WITH A GROCERY GIFT CARD AND DARN IT, HE LEFT THE DVD PLAYER IN HIS WIFE'S CAR SO WILL BRING IT NEXT TIME HE SHOPS.  I GOT A TRUE BOUNTY OF THINGS FROM HIM.  MY DAUGHTER IS COMING OVER THURSDAY ON HER DAY OFF SO SHE CAN PICK UP THE SPARE THYME AND PARSLEY PLANTS.  OTHER FAMILY TEXTED ME THEIR GOOD WISHES.  WHILE SON MATT WAS HERE HE PUT IN MY TOMATO STAKES GOOD AND SOLID.  THEN MET MY NEIGHBOR NAN AND WE ALL CHATTED.  SHE PICKED UP THE JELLY DONUTS FOR ME AFTER CHURCH BUT MESSED UP ON THE CHEEZ-ITS PUFF-D.  THE BOX HAD THEIR PICTURE AND NAME, BUT IT WAS THE BACKSIDE OF THE REGULAR CHEEZ-ITS BOX BUT ADVERTISING THAT PUFF-D WERE 'NOW AVAILABLE.'  I DID NOT BRING THAT TO HER ATTENTION.  I WAS JUST GRATEFUL SHE GOT TO THE STORE FOR ME   I WILL ALWAYS EAT THE CHEEZ-ITS SO THEY WILL NOT GO TO WASTE.

IT WAS SO WINDY YESTERDAY MY PLANTS DID NOT GET OUTSIDE FOR SOME HARDENING TIME.  I WORRIED THEY WOULD BE BLOWN OVER AND BROKEN.  TODAY LOOKS TO BE LESS WINDY SO I WILL BRING THEM OUT SHORTLY.  

I MAY BE MAKING MY PIZZA TONITE.  I HAVE EVERYTHING HANDY AND THE DOUGH DEFROSTED.  I DON'T WANT IT TO GO TO WASTE.
SO ANOTHER RATHER DULL DAY HERE BUT BEAUTIFUL OUT.  WILL REACH THE 60S TODAY AND SUNNY.
HAVE A GOOD DAY AND STAY SAFE MY FRIENDS  HUGS, QB S  

Last edited by quiltbea (5/15/2023 5:47 am)

5/15/2023 9:26 am  #16

I just spent, no wasted almost over an hour on the phone with DMV, DirectTV and HughesNet! 
   I couldn’t login to DMV because it said for my security I had to call a number. Which I did and it had a 30 min hold time!  I hung up.
    I had to call DirectTV and Houghesnet to get them to send a tech over to mark their lines so they don’t get damaged when the contractors put in the new steps and retaining wall.  Hold time at direct was almost 30 mins and 3 different people.  And Hughes net was 30 min and I gave up.  I guess we all don’t pay enough to get decent service.  And they are all foreigners.  I give up.  If the contractors damage the lines I don’t care anymore.  In fact, there’s a lot that I do t care about any more!

5/15/2023 9:38 am  #17

Good Morning to everyone!!  I had a lovely Mother's Day.  Tracy and Jamie were here and Rhonda and her kids came after she was through work.  Had a lovely day!  Not feeling too sharp today.  Been awake since around 5, dozed occasionally, got up at 7:30 and got myself together.  Very slight breeze this morning, but it is already 70*,  have front door open letting breeze blow through the house.

Have no big plans for the day, Gloria is coming to clean today so that's a good thing.  Sharon will be here tomorrow.  Think it is to be very hot all week.   Not looking forward to that.  Think I will sign off, hoping you all have a wonderful day, BJ.

5/15/2023 2:16 pm  #18

Afternoon y'all! 
Happy Mother's day a day late!  Mine was good, Sara and Luke came for the weekend!
Saturday Sara and I went to Starbucks for breakfast.  Then we were going to Walmart for groceries, it was closed due to someone setting off fireworks in the store!  (I want to go home!) So we came back and then went to Publix.  Much further, but cheaper and better quality than Food Lion! Then to Target, and back! I picked up Southern Cobb Salad at Publix for supper so easy meal we all like! 
Sunday, I took Luke to a local park to walk, then back here.  Sara and I went to Starbucks, and then came back, we drove by Walmart and it was back open!  YAY! 
Supper yesterday was Panera, I was not cooking!  Mom loved the night gown and housecoat.  Sara got her some books to read! 
Today, I walked the neighborhood, and cleaned some.  Have been on the phone with a friend and hubby!  
Mostly I am at maintenance stuff.  I think I liked it better when I had tons of stuff to do!  I do have a couple things left, just can't motivate myself.  I think when the probate is done I will be motivated!  
I think the lack of sleep is becoming a problem.  Mom does not go to bed until 11 pm at the earliest, often times after midnight.  I can't go to bed till she does.  If I get her to go to bed early she keeps calling me that she can't sleep!  Thus I can't sleep!  I automatically wake up between 6:30 and 7:30.  I can't get back to sleep.  So I'm averaging 5-6 hours a night. I think I will sleep a week when I get home!  Plus I can get to bed at a reasonable hour! 
Chicken quesadillas for supper, easy and does not heat up the house!  It is hot here! 
Nothing else exciting! 
Later my Friends! 

5/15/2023 3:33 pm  #19

Nice to catch up with everyone.  Our plans did a 180 but it all worked out well.  (Not going to look back to see what I wrote before!)  Andrew came on Saturday and I went there and visited with all of them.  ML gave me something she got a a craft fair--a peach/ginger/cinnamon concentrate to make either hot or cold drinks and a lipstick.   She felt cheap but I had urged her earlier not to stress herself  out when she told me she didn't have much to give me.  Andrew was tired from all the finals/parties/ whatever?  at the end.  He left Sunday morning to go back to his apt.  and later that day drove with his best friends  for a few days at Matt's parent's cottage (5 bedroom, 10 beds... cottage?),  4 hrs. north in Michigan.  Hope they all rest up as the end of this week is all the graduation hoopla.  He's an ironer, irons his clothes when needed.  So, he found out his two best friends were going to wear their grad. robes as they got them...wrinkled.   One, the football player told him he'd pay him to iron his.  The other one told him he wasn't going to pay him but would give him the biggest "thank you".  He's not taking payment from either!  I told him if the accounting thing didn't work out, he could get a job as a maid since he irons and is a chef!  Tired as he was, I don't think he appreciated my humor. 
Yesterday was church in person, again, and although some were going out, as usual for lunch, we decided to grab some Italian beef sandwiches from the place we went last Sunday and come on home.  I have to pick the best places (the person in charge gives us all a  3-month list of where they're going every week) and I was concerned that Howard wouldn't do well at Panera Bread with their menu.  Next week, will be a place he's familiar with.  At first, I played the Mother's day "card", and he agreed but in the end decided what I said above was more prudent.  And I did mean it.  In the evening, Danny called and we had a nice phone visit.  He's quite proud of himself that he always calls me on my birthday and Mother's Day.  When I really needed him when Howard had his stroke, he was right here that night and came on Saturday and spent the whole day with me and helping me.  That's what counts.  (I sound rather pathetic! )

Howard had lunch with Dave today, so I'm off the hook for supper.  Two perks from that:  time alone and no cooking!  
I'll finish with what our church gave us mothers.  An empty little plastic pot like what plant starts are in, say from Home Depot...with a seed packet of flower seeds in it, no soil!   I passed.  As friend, Cheryl said.  It was nice when we got  a beautiful carnation. I'm really not ungrateful, just amazed!  
Have a good evening.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (5/15/2023 3:47 pm)

5/15/2023 5:53 pm  #20

Linda, I'm glad your son & DIL came to visit. It's very tiring as well.

Janet, sorry about your woes. I need to call Spectrum to let them know their box hasn't had the top on it since I moved here. It's to the left of my mailbox. I don't use them, but they need to know.  I won't stay on hold for 30 minutes, lol. 

I can hear a distant thunder, but no rain yet.

I ordered some recipe cards from Amazon. I find wonderful recipes on You Tube and need to write them down. Tomorrow I'm fixing low carb brownie bites. You use only two ingredients...dark chocolate chips and eggs. You separate the yolks from the egg whites. It looked good...we will see, lol. 
I went to Walmart and forgot the main thing I went there for...an extension cord. I'll go back tomorrow as I need to walk any way. 

eta: "zero sugar" dark chocolate chips

Last edited by DownSouth (5/15/2023 5:59 pm)

D e v o n n e

Board footera