OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/30/2014 5:47 pm  #1

Now reading....

I just started Never Home by Laird Hunt.  It is about a woman who fought as a soldier in the Civil War.

10/30/2014 6:28 pm  #2

Re: Now reading....

I'm on book 3 of the Deborah Harkness books. The first was called A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES

I'm enjoying them!

ASHLEY
KENTUCKY 

10/30/2014 8:31 pm  #3

I've been reading warranty information!  LOL!  Not exciting!     But necessary!  

Time for a trip to the library!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

10/31/2014 10:10 am  #4

MnM    you need to get to the library ASAP!

Last edited by Admin (10/31/2014 10:11 am)

10/31/2014 5:05 pm  #5

LOL - I don't even know where the library is here?    I've never been much of a reader but there isn't much else to do around here. 

10/31/2014 11:28 pm  #6

Lol!  Thanks for the yawn, Admin! ;0)

Missmommy, I hope you find reading as enjoyable as I do!  (((HUGS!)))

11/01/2014 10:46 am  #7

Well, I have intentially NOT started a new book since I have been back in school.  I wanted to make school reading my priority and I know if I start a book I enjoy, I will neglect school reading.  However, I miss my esacpe into another world!  Last night I picked up World Without End by Ken Follett.  I know...I pick up the EPIC book (but that is what I gravitate too)!  It started on All Hallow's Eve!  HA...I didn't even know that....but seemed fitting!  But I can not get carried away with it!  I have school reading!!!

okay...I think THIS is post #5....I'm good???!

11/01/2014 12:14 pm  #8

Hey karol0405. I've read a few Ken Follett's and enjoyed them.
I'm reading a biography right now that I borrowed from a friend, 'Untied' by Meredith Baxter (formerly Birney) published in 2011 so not too old.
Its written by her and in a format easily followed.  I'm enjoying it.

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

11/02/2014 9:54 am  #9

I'm reading "Founding Mothers: The Women Who Raised Our Nation" by Cokie Roberts.  It is for a small book group through our Library.  Interesting but not as much fun as a novel, so I am slogging thru it.

11/02/2014 11:52 am  #10

I do like the Ken Follett books, and have read the first two of his Century triology over the last couple of years.  I have downloaded the last book, Edge of Eternity, but haven't started it yet.  As with Amanda, I know I will be drawn in (again) and with me that means nothing else is going to get done!  On my last couple of treks I listened to John Jakes North and South triology.  I read them a couple of decades ago when they came out, watched the tv ministries a couple of times, but still enjoyed the audio books.  I just finished All the Light WE Cannot See by Anthony Doerr which was well written and certainly kept my attention.  Late last month I read the Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin, and I really liked the book and the story. 

11/02/2014 8:37 pm  #11

I just finished Unlucky 13 by James Patterson from the Women's Murder Club series.  I like his books, this one was a little different but still an enjoyable read.

(I think this is #5 for me too, but I'll check back in with y'all after I hear from my Dr.)

11/03/2014 4:28 pm  #12

I have tons of freebies on my Kindle app, need to start reading them!!!

11/06/2014 1:35 am  #13

We went to see The Best of Me, a Nicholas Sparks movie. I haven't seen any of his movies that I haven't liked.  Don't tell DH, but I'm in love with Nicholas Sparks!

D e v o n n e

11/06/2014 3:54 pm  #14

going to be a romance novel

You can do anything you set your mind to do !
The impossible takes a little longer !

11/06/2014 4:05 pm  #15

so busy now that I am finally retired, will be going to library next wk

You can do anything you set your mind to do !
The impossible takes a little longer !

11/18/2014 2:26 pm  #16

I've been watching all the Christmas movies on Hallmark!  

I've just started reading Mr Miracle by Debbie Macomber.  I'm sure it will be more exciting than the warranty information I previously mentioned.   

11/24/2014 7:47 am  #17

Discovered a new (to me) author, J. T. Ellison - just love his/her books - think my library only has three and have read them all - unfortunately not in the order they were written and now know there was a first one that should have been read beforehand.

Also just finished another Coble book - she's a great writer - think her first name is Catherine.

Right now reading a couple of Michael Connelly books.

12/04/2014 8:03 am  #18

Have recently finished a couple of new-to-me authors, both excellent reads: The Swiss Affair by Emylia Hall and Promise Kept by Robin Lee Hatcher - enjoyed both of them.

12/18/2014 1:48 pm  #19

Forgot to update on the Debbie Macomber book, Mr Miracle.  I usually enjoy her books, they are easy, no huge plot twists, and I will usually read one of hers after a more complex storyline.  Well....this one was simply boring!  I thought I'd watch the movie on Hallmark to see if they took the idea and made more out of it, but it wasn't any better.     

12/27/2014 12:04 pm  #20

Just finished two books by p.j.tracy, Monkeewrench and Live Bait - enjoyed both a lot.

Board footera