OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

4/25/2017 2:46 pm  #1

Cleaning products and tips, and recipes for homemade cleaners

Here we go!  I deleted the one from April 6, and pinned it here. ~ MnM

4/25/2017 3:25 pm  #2

Re: Cleaning products and tips, and recipes for homemade cleaners

All-Purpose Cleaner ☆☆ Good for granite where vinegar should not be used! 

1/2 cup rubbing alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, or cheap vodka 
1 cup water
3 drops Dawn dish liquid
5-10 drops essential oil such as lemon or orange (optional)

Pour all ingredients in a spray bottle and shake to mix.

NOTE:  If using essential oils, it is important to use a dark-colored glass spray bottle to protect the integrity of the oils.

ALSO, if the smell of the rubbing alcohol is too strong, place the alcohol, Dawn, and EO, if used, in a 16-ounce spray bottle and fill the rest with water.

Tip: for those times when extra sanitation is needed, I have used straight alcohol.  Vodka is actually a great choice because it is non-toxic and dosn't have a distinct odor.  Rubbing alcohol and isopropyl alcohol are toxic if consumed. 

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

4/25/2017 3:46 pm  #3

I scrub my sinks and toilet with good old-fashioned baking soda and Dawn dish liquid.  Add some white vinegar and it makes a great sanitizer as well. And, I also use alcohol.   Not to be too indelicate, but there are times I bring in bleach to kill flu virus, etc., when vinegar just won't cut it.

4/27/2017 3:05 pm  #4

Here are other recipes that I use from NOW essential oil website.

All-Purpose Cleaner

1½ cups water
½ cup rubbing alcohol
1 teaspoon gentle dish soap (I use Dawn)
10 drops Lemon Oil
or Orange Oil
or Eucalyptus Radiata Oil
1 spray bottle, preferably dark-colored glass

Combine all the ingredients in an empty spray bottle and shake well. (Note: If you prefer, you can swap out dish soap for castile soap, but beware that castile soap should never come into contact with vinegar)

Toilet Bowl Cleaner  ☆☆☆ Note/disclaimer:  I have not yet tried this exact recipe!  When I do, I am going to use a citrus essential oil instead of Tea Tree, even though Tea Tree is supposed to have excellent cleaning properties.

½ cup baking soda
½ cup water
¼ cup castile or dish soap ☆☆ (never mix castile soap with vinegar!!!)
¼ cup hydrogen peroxide
15 drops  Tea Tree Oil  ☆☆☆ see above

Combine the ingredients in a clean squeeze bottle with a cap. Squirt the solution around the toilet bowl, and after a few moments scrub with your brush as usual. Flush…and you’re done!

☆☆Note: I have used a similar toilet bowl cleaner using  Dawn dish soap and vinegar instead of peroxide.  REMEMBER! Never mix Castile soap with vinegar!  I sometimes add a citrus essential oil.

Wood Polish

3 parts Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic
1 part white vinegar

Mix the oil and vinegar together in a clean spray bottle. Spray on, then wipe well with a paper towel. It’s like any good salad dressing – give it a good shake before using to mix the oil and vinegar together.

Note:  I also spray on my cloth, then polish.

https://www.nowfoods.com/now/recipes/clean-my-space-natural-diy-home-cleaning-recipes

https://www.nowfoods.com/essential-oils/recipes

Board footera