OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

2/24/2024 10:21 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY FEBRUARY 18 ~ SAT FEBRUARY 24

Good Morning to everyone!!  I have done my exercises, now have to take a shower.  Been waiting as Frank was still sleeping, as was Tracy.  Heard some talking a bit ago, but quiet now.  Not sure what is going on, but I will wait a bit.  It has been raining, not sure if it is right now, hard to tell, but it is still and 41*.  We're supposed to get high winds today, we'll see!!

I don't have any plans for the day, with Tracy here, we may go someplace or not!!  Well, I really don't have anything else to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

2/24/2024 12:08 pm  #42

Mary Lou, Christmas is when you say it is! Have a wonderful time visiting with your family! 

​Zig Zag #2 is finished and ready to go to =26pxits new home! 
We had pizza for dinner yesterday, and I’m having a slice , cold, now. It was rainy this morning but now the sun has come out. 

2/24/2024 12:45 pm  #43

Holly, in regard to Ralph's mail, there's always more to every story, isn't there?    We're both too cluttery here, but I'm the worst one.  My house only looks "perfect" when company's coming and for a few days, after which, it slowly returns to it's natural state, no matter what my good intentions are...

I'm waiting for Tom, next door, to bring me 4 dozen eggs.  I get that many at a time so he does't have to bring them so often, since the prince over there is never asked or required to do anything.  I fret more about this than either of them do, so it's MYOB as I never say anything...to them!  

Had my echo cardiogram yesterday.  Done by a friendly, nice tech who's worked for my cardio for 30 years, she said.  I had big plans to get a bite out afterwards, but when I told Howard that, he informed me I could get something at home. Said he was coughing and needed to take a dose of cough syrup.  I kept mum as I really wanted to just come home, too, so I feasted on a Land O Lakes (QB) cheese and tomato sandwich, which was good enough.    I'd been out and about more than usual and had had enough of that.

We had a mini snow storm last night so we have winter, again.  With the white snow and the full sun, it's blinding in here. It's starting melt some.  Lots of deer tracks in the back yard.   Will begin to warm up again tomorrow and might be 70 by Tuesday.  Scousers!  

BJ, I know you're glad to have the girls back from their  respective vacations.  Enjoy your weekend with Tracy.

Mary Lou, Merry Christmas!   I know you'll all have a good time together.  I still have my "BE MERRY" door mat out.  

Going to go make some eggplant soup for supper, and do other things.  Have a good afternoon.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (2/24/2024 12:54 pm)

2/24/2024 8:51 pm  #44

Hello ladies,
Not sure but looks like mom didn't post this morning. We had a shower, breakfast (gourmet) and styled her lovely hair. I probably mentioned she was my model for my cosmetology license boards. I love doing her hair!
We went for a drive to find swans, snow geese and ice cream. We achieved 100% success.
Then came home and had lunch, read the paper and then dinner. The day flew by with some rain, but not too bad. Frank (dad) got on the riding lawnmower yesterday and cut the lawn. (He'd gotten an injection in the hip he had replaced, still struggling with pain)  It looks so nice and even. 
On our drive today we noticed so many freshly manicured lawns. Yesterday's sun really brought everyone out. Tonight we are going to watch the season premier of Fire Country bc it was last friday and we both missed it. Kind of lost trying to watch last night, that was a pivotal show apparently.
Hope you are all well and happy, Tracy   

2/24/2024 10:03 pm  #45

Hi all

TRACY thanks for checking in! Mum did check in, she mostly does, if she goes missing for for long I'll contact you. 

SANDRA I love the sound of those books, the quilting murders, they are not available either at the library Darn it!!! I would need to get them on Kindle. Maybe I will buy one and see how I go.
Hope the weather stays good for you. What is on the menu tonight.

HOLLY how is the vertigo, any return. Warwick has been doing the exercises and he seems to be OK.

INDY I've never had eggplant soup, interesting. A little dusting of snow is a good thing. You know it won't stick.

MARYLOU Happy Christmas, hope the gathering is a good one!

I had a pretty awful day on Friday, I lost my phone, it had my bank debit and credit cards in it, the temps for the day were a little over 100. When I realised I had lost it I managed to get cash from the bank and lock the cards. I finally managed to find the "find my phone" and it showed the phone at the college where I dropped Dean off ( well down the road anyway).
Really weird as it  meant I had the phone on the car the whole way there and I should be able to find it, went to the school and reported it in case kids had found it, and then went searching on foot, went back and forth to school a few times, Megan called W and told him to come home, he went back with me and rang the phone, we could hear it, but still couldn't find it. kept looking on and near the road, the app was telling me it was near the middle of the road on a bend, finally the phone sound stopped, I ended up back in the car hadn't eaten and was pretty stressed, he came back WITH  the phone, of course it's smashed, but all the cards etc in the case.  I remembered then how I had lost it!!! I had put the phone on the car near the windscreen when I went to get the garbage bin at Megan's when I took Dean to school, completely forgot I had done that. 

Amazing really, building is going on at school, so cement trucks, buses for school drop off and lots of other traffic all would have driven on it, including me LOL . I was just so glad to get it  back, my biggest dread was losing my phone number. I had all the tickets for Tattoo coming to that number, the cards are replaceable.

It was so strange we walked over it many times and still didn't see it, there were a lot of leaves around on the road, near the kerb. No idea why I hadn't seen it, and why he didn't either.

So long a saga --- sorry, I was a mess, took yesterday to recover, I hadn't eaten all day. I had drunk water though. I was so hot out, the phone was baking all day and it was so hot to touch. So a visit to Apple for a new one. 

Today we went to get a new cover for the phone and the luggage store had a sale on, I had a discount as well for $25, we picked a suitcase, then before we purchased noticed a dark red one, almost 1/2 price, it was old stock, asked could I use my discount, YEP, so we got that instead. No point in paying full price, Liked the red colour better anyway. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera