OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/12/2024 9:13 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY SEPT 8 ~ SAT SEPT 14

SORRY, I NEARLY FORGOT MY SMILE FOR THE DAY.......

A husband and wife were dining at a 5-star restaurant. When their food arrived, the husband said: "Our food has arrived! Let's eat!" His wife reminded him: "Honey, you always say your prayers at home before your dinner!" Her husband replied: "That's at home, my dear. Here the chef knows how to cook..."

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/12/2024 9:20 am  #42

Good Morning!  It is a pretty gray day here today!  Totally still outside and 54*.  Not a great day!!  I think Frank is awake so I will take him some coffee as soon as I finish here.  I really don't have anything to say this morning, just lazy, I guess.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.  I don't plan on doing a thing, as usual.  Just sit around, I guess.  BJ.

9/12/2024 9:21 am  #43

My cardiologist told me once that by age 80, 1 in 6 people have an episode of afib. For some it’s one and done, for others it becomes an issue. 

I’m having laser on Monday to get the buildup off my cataract lens. I just picked up the drops for after, and we swapped out library books. I got the new Donna Andrews and the new J.A. Jance. While he was at breakfast with the Veterans, I did 1.7 miles on the bike. 

9/12/2024 3:56 pm  #44

I've had  those two episodes of a-fib that my implanted monitor detected several years ago and as far as I know, never any more.  Not sure what some of you feel?   All my heart tests please my cardiologist so I guess I'm okay.  

We went to our friend, Dewey's 98th birthday dinner last evening at Kelsey's the local steak house.  His two daughters paid for it all--their wishes to honor him and not the first time.  But it was for Howard and me as one other time, H. had Covid, so we had to decline. 
Howard had prime rib and I had filet mignon--the smallest size, but it was very expensive no matter what you ordered.  I'm overwhelmed at what it cost them to feed some 22 people including drinks and dessert.  You had the choice of eating dessert there or taking it home as they wanted everyone to include that.  What it must have cost them just blew me away.  It's  how the "other half" lives... In a few mins. I'm going to heat up our leftovers for supper, adding a few things to round them out. 

Oh, oh!  Someone is sitting at the table.  That might be a hint.  I'd better go for now.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (9/12/2024 3:59 pm)

9/12/2024 4:47 pm  #45

Judy, when I go into afib, I know it immediately. My heart rate jumps to 150, and I feel jittery. Before the ablations, I would start crying and be totally irrational. I knew it but couldn’t control it. I would also know immediately when the episode broke, my heart rate would drop to normal and I would feel like myself. 

We had the last of my pasta from Sunday. We got 5 servings from it! We also each took a nap this afternoon. 

9/12/2024 5:36 pm  #46

Good evening.  It was a  hot one today for September; 87 degrees and humid!  I mostly stayed indoors so I was surprised when Dean came in all sweaty from yard work.

Judy, how nice that you had a surprise visit with Andrew.  Taco seasoning was very easy to make and I had all of the spices in my cupboard, so no cost to me.  We tried it and it was ok.  Will have to get used to not using that Taco Bell packet.  

Sandra, how thoughtful of you to lend your puzzle board to the community room.  I do a lot of puzzles in the winter and I did look at some of those tables but decided my 6 foot folding table works just fine for me.  I keep it in the office so I do not have to move it around when putting my puzzle together.

I don't believe that I have had afib but do have some arrhythmia. Sometimes my heart rate jumps to high 90's, especially at night when sleeping.  My doc doubled my Atorvastatin and it seems to help.  She said she was just going to "keep an eye on me".

Nothing else going on here. 

9/13/2024 8:40 am  #47

My three-year-old grandson asked his mother whether his younger brother used to be in her stomach. “Yes,” she said. “How did he get there?” he asked. “I’ll tell you when you’re a little older.” “Just tell me this,” he said, concerned. “Did you eat him?”

ITS A LOVELY DAY TO SIT IN THE GARDEN FOR AWHILE AND ENJOY IT.

CHERYL.......MY PUZZLE BOARD MAKES IT SO EASY.  ITS NOT A TABLE.  IT HAS DRAWERS SO YOU CAN SORT SOME BITS SEPARATELY AND IF YOU NEED TO MOVE THE PUZZLE TO USE THAT SMALLER TABLE OR YOUR DINING TABLE FOR CARDS OR EATING, ITS SO EASY.  I WILL POST A COUPLE PICS OF IT TODAY.
NOW I DON'T HAVE TO WASTE SPACE ON MY OWN TABLE WHICH I USE FOR SEWING, CUTTING, ETC WHEN I SEW.  ALSO MY COMPUTER LIVES THERE.

I MADE BOTH MY MASHED TATERS AND THE GOULASH CASSEROLE LAST NITE.  THE CASSY WAS A HIT.  NOT ONLY DID I LOVE IT BUT I GOT 2 REVIEWS AND IT WAS SCRUMPTIOUS AND GORGEOUS.  THE LAST ONE NEVER TEXTS ME.  SHE TELLS ME WHEN SHE SEES ME THE NEXT TIME.  ANYWAY, I WILL BE MAKING THAT AGAIN IN FUTURE AND FOR MY SON I THINK.  I HAVE ENOUGH LEFTOVERS TO LAST A FEW DAYS STILL.

I PLAN TO DO A BIT OF SEWING TODAY.  I WANT TO GET BACK TO MY BABY DRAGON.  I ALSO WILL HIT THE PUZZLE TABLE TODAY.  I HAVE ABOUT 8 PUZZLES THAT WE CAN USE AT THE TABLE SO LOTS TO ENJOY THRU THE WINTER.

DID IT TELL YOU I CALLED MGMT ABOUT FLU SHOTS?  THEY ARE SCHEDULED HERE IN OUR COMMUNITY ROOM FOR THE END OF OCT.  I LET THE RESIDENTS KNOW ALREADY SO THEY DON'T BOTHER TO WORRY ABOUT APPTS WITH THEIR DR.  MGMT TELLS US TOO LATE AND MOST HAVE STRUGGLED TO GET APPTS ELSEWHERE BEFOREHAND.  AT LEAST THAT WILL BE OUT OF THE WAY AGAIN THIS YEAR.

THAT'S IT LADIES.  WISHING YOU A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/13/2024 8:48 am)

9/13/2024 8:53 am  #48

MY PUZZLE BOARD.

I CAN DO LARGE PUZZLES.  THE ONE ON THE BOARD IS 18 BY 24.
THERE ARE 4 DRAWERS, 2 ON EACH SIDE.  THEY COME RIGHT OUT SO I CAN USE THEM TO SORT PIECES OR PUT SMALLER SECTIONS TOGETHER.  THE SPATULA IS USED TO MOVE SECTIONS FROM THE TABLE OR DRAWER TO THE PUZZLE.  MADE OF GOOD QUALITY WOOD.  SOLID.
QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (9/13/2024 8:58 am)

9/13/2024 9:48 am  #49

We went to Aldi this morning, we needed a few things. Another nice day in the 80’s. 
I’m enjoying the bakeshop mysteries by Ellie Alexander. Very cozy, no canoodling. Don’t have to be read in order, tho the characters do progress. I just requested more from the library. 
I finished the baby Afghan I was working on, and plan to start another today. I need quiet to get the chain and first row done, then I can have the tv on. 
They are working at the end of my street where it joins the highway, and all we hear is the backup beeps of the truck. I’ll be glad when they are done. 

9/13/2024 10:10 am  #50

Good Morning to everyone!!   It is very cloudy here today and totally still.  It is about 60* so no plans for the day.  Tracy and Jamie will be here tonight, so that will be nice.  Always look forward to seeing them.

I have no plans for the day, just bum around, I guess.  So I will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

9/13/2024 11:29 am  #51

We got home at 9:30 am today.  It’s a long car ride.  This is the first time that we stayed over one night on the way up and again on the way down.  Much better.  Couldn’t believe the highway traffic at 5:30 am.
    I went grocery shopping when I got back….carton of 18 eggs was 5.99!!
  Holly- don’t know where you saw those gas prices, but high test (premium). Was up to almost $5 a gallon in NY.  Here in VA it was 4.79.  This economy is in such a mess.

9/13/2024 12:37 pm  #52

Janet, welcome home! Loved the pictures...would be nice to build a home right there on the lake and have the lake & mountain view every day! I would never want to go on a vacation, lol! 

BJ, I am bumming around today too...just a pleasant day of relaxing. 

Yesterday morning my power went out. I didn't know my fridge was off until I opened the door at 2 pm. The power was back on, but not the fridge. I couldn't get the door open on the electrical box. Gary came over and sure enough, the breaker had flipped. Thankful I don't need to buy a new fridge!

Gary swung by and picked me up and we went to Golden Corral. It was good, but not as good as it used to be. Emily got off work early and met us there. Gary asked if I wanted to stop at Publix since he had time before getting the kids. It was nice we were able to do that; saved me a trip later!

My bone density test shows my score is worse....not surprising I'm a high risk for a fracture. I've had osteoporosis for many years.  Looking at My Chart, I see my family doctor has prescribed Fosamax. Yucks to another prescription and more side effects, lol. If it helps prevent a fracture, it will be worth it. Y'all know I hate taking prescriptions!

It is interesting reading about Afib, as I know nil about it. I don't know anyone that has it, except you ladies. What makes the jittery feeling go away?

Last edited by DownSouth (9/13/2024 12:40 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/13/2024 1:29 pm  #53

Janet, those prices are at the Conoco on my corner and Wawa. I don’t even look at the high test prices. The economy is still awful worldwide, ours is the best of the worst. Most of it is corporate greed, or at least they aren’t helping things. 
Devonne, the jittery feeling disappears immediately when the heart goes back into sinus rhythm. 

I got the chain and first row of the next Afghan done, from now on it’s pretty mindless (just like me, LOL). I have some many things on the DVR that I have to watch and delete. The new seasons will be starting soon!

I made cole slaw, and have hot dogs and rolls defrosting. Ralph will do the dogs on the George Forman grill. I like hot dogs about 3 times a year. 

Aldi had frozen soft pretzels that nuke in 30 seconds and taste so fresh and good. Are soft pretzels a Philly area thing, or are they everywhere?

9/13/2024 4:09 pm  #54

Janet, I should add that south jersey’s gas prices are always lower than Philly’s. And of course, it gets pumped for us.

Judy, I was texting with Ashley and she sends her sympathy to you and Howard about Fancy.

9/13/2024 6:08 pm  #55

Holly, please tell her Thank You.  She got to meet young Fancy the time we met near her home on our way to Howard's sister's. Marilynn came from Pikeville and met up with us, too.  Haven't heard from her in a very long time...  Life moves on and changes...
Thanks also for describing how a-fib feels.  I don't have any of those feeling so must not be having any episodes.  The two I had, yrs ago, were while I was sound asleep.  Would never have known if it weren't for the implanted monitor.  

We got to stay home today after 3 days in a row out and about.  I had a follow-up eye Dr. appt.  yesterday, a dry eye recheck and that condition had improved.  

I don't remember if I told you, but Highway 6, out front, is closed to truck traffic until late December due to something or other they're replacing or repairing???  It's so much more quiet and pleasant out on the porch. The worst are the cement trucks, which are louder than the semis.  I know the side road residents are seeing much more traffic which is apparent when we go to town.  There's so much more traffic than when I was growing up.  But, it is a U. S. highway. 

Devonne, I'm glad Gary is close enough to run over if you need him.   It's so aggravating when you can't get something open.  I took Fosamax at one time for the length of time allowed, but I don't remember any side effects.  Have you already been taking Calcium and Vit. D?  I also hate the endless taking of multiple prescriptions but what can you do?  

Have a good evening and sweet dreams.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (9/13/2024 6:11 pm)

9/13/2024 6:35 pm  #56

Devonne, I take Fasomax also. I have no side effects except a slightly queasy stomach for about a half hour after taking it, which is only once a week.

On my way home from David’s I got gas (regular, not high test like Janet mentioned) in Missouri for $3.29. It’s about $0.50 higher in Illinois. I noticed that most of the cars getting gas at the station on the Missouri side of the state line were from Illinois.

Easy meal for me tonight. Leftover pizza from an outing with a friend yesterday and some Jello salad for dessert from that same friend. She cooks a lot and often shares something with me as a thank you for helping her so much as she learns to quilt. It’s a win for both of us! 

I seldom feel Afib unless it lasts more than few minutes. Then my heart beats much faster and I feel tired and listless. Hopefully the ablation Tuesday will help.

9/14/2024 8:53 am  #57

The new draftee refused to march with his squad. Instead, he rode his invisible motorcycle beside them while making motorcycle noises. After a few weeks of this and several psychiatric exams, he was given a discharge. He rode his Hog to the main gate, propped it up on its invisible stand and walked out. "Hey," called the gate guard. "You forgot your bike.""No," replied the draftee, "I'm leaving it for the next guy who wants to get out."

MY PLANS FOR THE DAY ARE PRETTY MUCH THE SAME. WE ARE MAKING INROADS ON THE JIGSAW PUZZLE.  I TRY TO GIVE IT AT LEAST A HALF HOUR A DAY.  LOVELY DAY HERE.  I CAN'T COMMENT ON GAS PRICES.  I HAVE NO IDEA.

I TOOK OUT A PORK CHOP TO DEFROST SO WILL ENJOY THAT WITH SOME MASHED AND A SALAD.  LAST NITE FOR SUPPER I HAD A LARGE SALAD ONLY.  I HAD A CRAVING FOR VEGGIES.

I RECEIVED 3 MORE BOOKS IN THE MAIL THIS MORNING.  THEY SHOULD KEEP ME BUSY FOR A FEW DAYS.  THEN THEY WILL GO TO MY DAUGHTER WHO ENJOYS THE SAME KIND OF MYSTERIES AS I DO.

I WISH EVERYONE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/14/2024 8:59 am)

9/14/2024 9:19 am  #58

Another day in the mid 80’s, it’s getting cooler. 
Plans for the day- read, crochet with the TV on, and , sigh, figure out what’s for dinner. We used up all the leftovers from the week, so it’s time to start again.it’s been about a month since we’ve had pizza, so maybe that. 

9/14/2024 9:39 am  #59

Good Morning to everyone!!  I have no plans for the day, Tracy and Jamie are here and she's still sleeping.  Jamie is up and reading in the kitchen.   It's a gloomy day, quite still and it rained overnight.  I'm guessing Jamie and Frank are going out to breakfast.  Tracy should be getting up soon.

Well, I have nothing more to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

9/14/2024 5:53 pm  #60

We have had a light drizzle off and on all day...more rain tomorrow. Yesterday we were under a flood watch and wind advisory from Hurricane Francine. 

Dee came by and cut the dogs' nails. Molly's nails have started curving, so they need cutting more often. They are both getting up in age.

I went to Walmart and picked up my Fosamax. I was surprised you only take it one day a week. Judy, I do take Vitamin D3 and need to buy more Calcium...Calcium Citrate, not calcium carbonate.

D e v o n n e

Board footera