OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

8/02/2024 12:05 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 28 ~ SAT AUGUST 3

Janet, sorry for the bummer morning.  Some days start out like that.  I give my hairdresser her tip in cash.  She sheepishly requested that saying it saved the delay for them to process it when all is on the card. And I love her, so it's all good.   So...now I need tip money and egg money.  Find it hard to keep even a small amount of cash on hand since we never go the bank anymore. 

Devonne, we're not planning to go to Linda's.  Things have changed for them and for us.  But, we sure would like to.  Changed--not our relationship, but our physical "abilities".  And, there's Fancy to consider as she ages.
Will send you a PM with more details so as to not bore everyone else...

Trish, I forgot about Wales.  Is this your first time there.  The Scottish brogue can be a bit difficult to understand.  Not the same, but this reminded me of a woman I once worked with.  She was from  Tennesee and had a strong Southern accent.  She told me about previously working with  a man from Wales.  They could not understand each other and were warned to somehow work it out or both would be fired.  Well, they did work it out, married and had a wonderful life together.  He became a big shot with The American Meat Institute in Chicago. 

We've, so far, enjoyed the swimming, diving and gymnastics and this morning, the horses jumping the 'fences'.  I don't know the official name of that.  Such gorgeous horses, though.  I always like it when QB tells us about her own horse.  Beg as I might, I could never convince my mom and grandparents to get me a pony or a horse.
Of course not!  We had a small dairy farm without horse facilities and the grandparents didn't need more work to do.      I don't care as much for the track and field part of the Olypics,  but Howard does, so I'll be a good sport.

Cheryl,  that's a big outlay for school supplies. It's all so far in my past and foreign to me.    Our church has a backpack ministry where those who want to choose a needy child and buy the backpack and all the needed supplies from a list that's appropriate for his or her grade.  ML showed me what she'd chosen and has it all ready to pack in the backpack to take to the "open house" format on Saturday.  As with all communities we have our share of low income families so this is a great help for them. It's done tastefully   so no one feels like someone's poor relation.

Holly, I did know the real reason for separating spouses.  I also ignore the personal s e x questions.  I figure let them take a look at me and Howard and figure all that out for themselves!  

Going to get some lunch--my usual rice cake with cream cheese and tomato!  Yum!
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (8/02/2024 12:06 pm)

8/02/2024 2:04 pm  #42

Janet, curious as to what’s in bad taste, since you haven’t watched it? As for unsafe, Paris in general or the Olympics specifically? I’ve only seen a few excerpts, because sports doesn’t do it for me. 

Trish, what a great trip! 

Judy, they never asked me a s e x question!

We went to the UPS store for a return this morning, then Aldi and Chick filet. We were home by 10:30. 

A woman in town posted in buy nothing that she was looking for crochet hooks and yarn for teaching crochet. I gave her a bunch of my mom’s crochet hooks, and two bags of yarn, which didn’t make a dent in what I have. 

8/02/2024 5:39 pm  #43

Holly, that was nice of you to share with the lady.

I made another batch of dog food. Decided to use ziplock boxes this time...no containers and lids to wash. Flattened it out so it will be easier to defrost. One bag is divided between both of them and I mix it with dry food. They love it.

Lazy evening...looking for a movie to watch on Apple TV. It's free until October.

Last edited by DownSouth (8/02/2024 5:44 pm)

D e v o n n e

8/02/2024 7:28 pm  #44

Holly, I should have clarified that those questions are on the MY CHART form you fill out on-line before,
not in-person during the office visit.  Thankfully!  That would really be embarrassing!  

Last edited by indyanny (8/02/2024 7:32 pm)

8/02/2024 7:48 pm  #45

LOL, Judy, so they want to know but are too chicken to ask? The answer would be a Mona Lisa smile, and say , “Wouldn’t you like to know,” 

I just finished an older book by a new to me author, J. T. Ellison. It’s called A Deeper Darkness, and is the first of a series of 4 about medical examiner Samantha Owens. It was very good, and I’ll read more by her.

8/02/2024 11:28 pm  #46

SANDRA how are you feeling? Sounds as if you are able to do a bit more, you are so organised I know you do well in times when you have to rest up, you have enough to do, and enough supplies ((((hugs))))

DEVONNE hope the lawn gets sorted, when it’s summer it grows so quickly😄

INDY that’s a “not your business” question. The Scot accent is hard BUT it’s Wales today and that will be harder, most will speak english, but they use Welsh mostly 😄😄 we have seen so much we hadn’t seen before, but it is so very crowded, at least it will be cooler from today, we cross to Ireland tomorrow. 

HOLLY & JANET we have only seen a little of the olympics, but there has been a few incidents, there always will be when there are so many people. Here in Birmingham it’s not really safe at night, we’re fine, but some parts you wouldn’t dare go in the evening. We got theTV on and saw our Aussie girls win the 4x200m relay, and a few events after that. Mostly we’re too tired to do much tv watching.

Yesterday we went to Stratford, saw the Bairds birthplace, wandered n Stratford a bit, then to Warwick Castle, of course HE welcomed everyone to our home, and said the staff would be around with tea and scones shortly, everyone expected it but still laughed at him.

our group has been pretty good, we are on time for everything and we have a large coach for 20 of us so we spread around and move seats most days.

Time to head to breakfast, I want to try to call the kids, we are only in the same “wake up” time for a short while when WE have free wifi. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

8/03/2024 6:03 am  #47

Holly- we can start with the opening ceremonies having drag queens posing as the Last Supper…I’ll stop there but the list goes on. 
   Trish- glad to hear your trip is going well. 
I doubt I’d ever leave the country and I doubt I’d fly anywhere again…haven’t flow in about 8-9 years.

8/03/2024 8:40 am  #48

How many gorillas does it take to change a lightbulb?
Just one … but it takes a whole lot of lightbulbs.

HOLLY.......GOOD FOUR YOU SHARING.  NOW MORE WILL ENJOY THE PASTIME OF CROCHETING.

TRISH......YES, THE AUSSIE LADS AND LASSES HAVE BEEN BEATING THE USA IN SOME SWIMMING EVENTS.  I LOVE TO SEE IT.  IF THE USA CAN'T WIN I CLAP FOR THE AUSSIES.  THEY ARE USUALLY GOOD IN THESE EVENTS.
I, FOR ONE, AM ENJOYING THE EVENTS. 

THE EQUESTRIAN EVENTS ARE DONE.  WE TOOK SILVER IN THE TEAM JUMPING WITH ENGLAND TAKING GOLD.  NOT TOO BAD.  I LOVE THOSE HUGE HORSES, AND THEY REALLY ARE TALL.  AT LEAST 17 HANDS AT THE WITHERS.  FOR THOSE NOT HORSEY THATS 4 INCHES PER HAND TO THE TOP OF THE WITHERS, WHERE THE NECK AND BODY MEET.

MY DARLING QUARTER HORSE SMOKEY REBEL, WAS 15.3 HANDS AND QUITE TALL ENOUGH FOR ME.  THE OWNERS OF THE STABLE WHERE HE LIVED HAD A JUMPER.  I FORGET HIS NAME BUT HE WAS OVER 17 HANDS.  ALL BROWN FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.  BEAUTIFUL BEAST.  THE DIFFERENCE IN A HAND OR TWO IS QUITE NOTICABLE. BUT I LOVE THE SIZE OF THEM.  AND THE GRACEFULNESS.
NICE STABLES.  HAD A LARGE INDOOR ARENA/RIDING RING WITH GALLERY FOR GUESTS, PLUS AN OUTDOOR RING.  REBEL LIKED TO TAKE A ROLL IN THE DIRT INDOORS NOW AND THEN.  HE ESPECIALLY LIKED ROMPING IN THE PASTURES WITH THE OTHER RESIDENTS. 

TODAY IS SHOPPING DAY FOR MY SON.  I HAVE VEGGIE BEEF SOUP MADE.  SHARED WITH A COUPLE HERE ALREADY LAST NITE.  I HAVE ENOUGH FOR HIM TO TAKE HOME.  ALSO WILL BE PUTTING MY TATER TOT CASSY IN THE OVEN THIS MORNINNG.  ANOTHER FAVORITE OF US BOTH.

I AM DOING WELL WITH THE BACK.  I MOVED MY PUTER TO ANOTHER AREA WHICH IS EASIER ON MY BACK.  I REFUSE TO SETTLE IT ON MY LAP ON THE SOFA.  WHEN IT COMES TO THAT POINT I'LL NEVER GET UP AND DOING SO WILL DO THAT AS A LAST RESORT.  I NEED TO GET UP AND DO STUFF.

CLOUDY HERE TODAY  SOME SUN PEEKS THRU NOW AND THEN.
HAVE A GOOD DAY LADIES.  HUGSS, QB S  

Last edited by quiltbea (8/03/2024 8:49 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

8/03/2024 10:14 am  #49

Janet, it wasn’t the last supper, it was based on a painting of the Greek bacchanal, which predated Christianity by centuries. I’ve seen that verified by a bunch of sources, including Reuters. 

I had another book in, so we mailed a few cards, went to the library, and brought home breakfast. Another hot one today. 

Our front birdbath has a few inches of water, and there were about 6 tiny gray birds having a ball in it! Splashing all over!

8/03/2024 12:24 pm  #50

Judy, I read your PM and replied.

Have a great weekend everyone. I stayed up too late last night so I'm going to take a nap before heading out to Publix.

D e v o n n e

8/03/2024 5:08 pm  #51

Devonne, I'm not sure what happened, but I have no reply to my PM to you?  

We just finished supper of grilled cheeseburgers and potato chips.  ML and I decided to go to the Art Fair today after all.  It was as usual, hot and humid even though we got there when it opened at 10 am.   She had the backpack open house  this afternoon, so we left by 11:45.    I was ready to come home.  I took the walker but it was a bit too much walking and  for someone who has too much anyway, all very expensive.  Always fun to see and admire, though.   She bought a few things and I bought 5 greeting cards with copies of bird water colors.
Then, I took a long nap while Howard watched the Olympics.  We didn't watch the opening ceremonies, never do.  

QB, thanks for the memories of your Smoky Rebel and the explanation about the term "hands". I know he was loved much.  We're fortunate to see quite a few horses as we go to town.  One farm has pastures and corrals right near the road and they must be a holding farm because there are always different horses and one darling donkey who's always there.  We also have a subdivision almost next door called Jackson Farms that has accomodations for horses.  There is only one property between their corral and our driveway.

Time to do the washing up as the English say...     Sweet Dreams
Indy  

Last edited by indyanny (8/03/2024 5:09 pm)

8/03/2024 8:13 pm  #52

Judy, I sent another message. My laptop needed charging so maybe that's what happened.

Molly is limping on her right leg. Don't know what she did. Hope it gets better on it's on without a vet bill. She didn't finish her food, so she doesn't feel good. 

I waited until 6:30 to go to Publix. Didn't really need anything; just wanted to get something sweet, lol. 

D e v o n n e

Board footera