OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

8/13/2024 11:06 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY AUGUST 11 ~ SAT AUGUST 17

We both got haircuts. With Haircuttery you can check in online and see what the wait time is. First thing this morning it was over an hour, so I waited til it was 10 minutes and off we went. He got his all chopped off to donate. 
Then we went next door and got 5 guys for lunch.

8/13/2024 1:21 pm  #22

Afternoon Y'all! 

Still moving Alex into the Condo.  Long process!  He does but doesn't want to move.  He's only a few minutes from home.  The official move in is this weekend.  The dust burrows under his furniture is scary! 

I need our prayer warriors here!  My MIL was diagnosed with metastatic cancer, found when she broke her elbow.  The original source is unknown.  Undergoing testing to locate it, no biopsy yet, they are sending her to an oncologist, after testing for that phase!  Kids don't know, per her request!  Her orthopedist is very mum on what it could be etc.  Hubby and I are going to take her for the next test, an MRI of the elbow.  It is so painful she cannot hold it long enough to get the MRI, so they will sedate her for this one!  

Other than that my world is status quo! 

Later my Friends! 

8/13/2024 7:32 pm  #23

EVENIN'

THERESA SORRY ABOUT THE DIANOSIS FOR MIL. Ts AND Ps FOR HER AND THE FAMILY.

DEVONNE, STARTED WITH THE DIZZY SPELL ON JULY 25th AND GOT A PT APPOINTMENT ON THE 6th OF AUGUST. HE PRETTY MUCH "FIXED " IT ON FIRST SESSION. NEXT SESSION WAS ON THE 9th. HE "TESTED" AND WAS NOT DIZZY. SO NOT GOING BACK UNLESS NEED TO. HAVE AN EASY EXERCISE TO TO THAT I HOPE WILL HELP. THANKS FOR ASKING.

TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH READING ODT. MAY NOT POST EVERY DAY. ALL OF YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.

DARRELL IS NOT TOO MUCH WORSE. JUST IN LITTLE INCEMENTS FOR NOW. HIS HEARING SEEMS TO BE WORSE TO ME. TV LOUDER AND HAVEING TO TALK LOUDER TO HIM. DON'T KNOW IF HIS COMPRHENSION IS WORSE OR HE JUST ISN'T HEARING WHAT IS BEING SAID.

WE HAVE HAD SOME DAYS IN THE  MID 80s AND LOWER HUMIDITY. LOVE THAT.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS................................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

8/13/2024 9:06 pm  #24

I'm a lefty too! My mom and five of her six siblings have one child (my cousins) that is left handed.  I always thought that was interesting.  None of our children are. One of her sisters did not have children.

Last edited by Sew Happy (8/13/2024 9:12 pm)

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

8/14/2024 6:15 am  #25

I should have been a lefty.  I did most everything, so they say, as a toddler.  My mother didn’t want a lefty and so she did everything she could to convert me to a righty and it worked.  You know the old saying, devil works through the left hand, blah, blah, blah.  Teachers in those days didn’t like lefties much.  There were no left handed scissors, etc.  Well, in a way she did me a favor because I can do most everything, not equally well, right or left handed.  I’m a better righty.  I still eat primarily left handed and I can cut and hand sew with either.  With some practice , I can write pretty well left handed, etc.  But I guess you would say I became a righty when I started school.  🤷‍♀️

8/14/2024 8:20 am  #26

Three girlfriends were lost in the desert. They found a lamp and rubbed it. A genie popped out and granted them each one wish. The first one wished to be back home. Poof! She was back home. The second one wished to be at home with her family. Poof! She was back home with her family. The last one said, "Awwww, I wish my friends were here."

ITS ANOTHER GORGEOUS DAY HERE IN MAINE.  LOVE THIS SUMMER WEATHER.

TODAY IS BINGO DAY.  YESTERDAY I ORDERED SOME NEW BINGO BALLS AS A GIFT TO THE CREW.  I HOPE THEY ARE THE SAME.  OURS ARE GETTING OLD AND PRETTY SCARRED AND SOMETIMES THEY POP OPEN.  I USE FABRIC GLUE TO PUT THEM BACK TOGETHER AND IT SURE WORKS WELL, BUT MORE OF THEM ARE POPPING.  THEY SHOULD BE HERE BY NEXT WEEK'S GAMES.

ON LEFTIES.  MY DAUGHTER IS THE ONLY ONE IN THE FAMILY THAT'S A LEFTY, BUT SHE PRETTY MUCH DOES LOTS OF THINGS WITH HER RIGHT.  I TAUGHT HER CROCHETING AND KNITTING AND SHE DOES IT WELL. SINCE SHE SAT ACROSS FROM ME SHE LEARNED TO DO THOSE 2 LEFT-HANDED JUST FINE.   SHE WRITES WITH HER LEFT HAND BUT PRETTY MUCH MOST OTHER THINGS WITH HER RIGHT.  

NOTHING EXCITING HAPPENING HERE LADIES.  I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD DAY AS WELL.  I AM CONTENT WITH MY DAILY LAPS, EXCERCISE, READING, SOLITAIRE GAMES AND TV.  AND MY COOKING WHEN I'M RUNNING LOW ON MEALS.  
HAVE A GREAT DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/14/2024 8:36 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

8/14/2024 8:51 am  #27

My new favorite saying: It’s not rocket surgery! 

When I started school, my mom went in and made it clear that I was a lefty and was not to be interfered with. As with all lefties, I do a lot of things with my right hand, but I write and cut with my left. 

AC is still off and windows open!

8/14/2024 10:12 am  #28

My first grade teacher was an old maid, mean as a snake, had retired, but was urged to come back and teach because of teacher shortages after WW2,  I doubt she even knew I was  there let alone a lefty.  She surely didn't care.  So I was home free.  I bat right-handed because that's what the other kids did.  (Not batting anymore! )  Use the mouse on computer with R. H. for same reason.  Other than that, I'm a true lefty.

Theresa, so sorry about your MIL.  I hope it's not too dire.   That Alex doesn't want to leave is a compliment on your and Todd's parenting.   Can he cook for himself?  Maybe he needs a dog of his own for company!

QB, how sweet of you to buy the Bingo balls.  I'm sure the new caller will be thrilled.  

Linda, glad to hear you've gotten relief from the dizziness.  And that your hubby is holding his own for now.
Good to hear from you.  

Have a good day...
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (8/14/2024 10:13 am)

8/14/2024 10:30 am  #29

Good Morning to everyone!!   It is a beautiful day here, the sun is out and shining brightly.  Tracy just did my hair so that's nice and once Frank gets up and moving, guess we'll go for a ride.  That will be lovely, I have been in this house for so long, a ride will be nice.  It is 66* right now, so will be a lovely day.

I don't have any information to share with you, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

8/14/2024 10:47 am  #30

Good afternoon friends!

My BIL and SIL have decided to move in with their son and his family.  They are converting the family room into space for Bill and Janis.  We have been busy helping Janis pack up stuff to move.  They plan to have an auction to sell all the rest of the stuff, the home and a large beautiful shed in the yard.  It is a large yard and mice and quiet.  It should sell easily.  It is rough leaving one's home.  

Kelli was a lefty too and she said her mom would hold her left hand behind Kelli's back so she could not/would not use it.  My boss was a lefty and he had the most beautiful handwriting.  He said his dad was a principal too and he let him be a lefty but made him practice his writing until it was perfect.  And it was.

We have the grandkids and dog all week too, so have not been on much.

Thinking of you all.

8/14/2024 10:57 am  #31

Wow, Cheryl, what an adjustment that will be for all! After my dad died, my brother and I both offered mom to live with us, but she refused, she wanted her own place. 

Theresa, just when you get your mom and Alex settled, now your MIL. So sad, sending good vibes. 

8/14/2024 6:57 pm  #32

Linda, just post when you feel like it. Don't feel bad if you aren't up to posting every day. Hugs! 

Theresa, sending prayers for your MIL. It's sad Alex is torn about not wanting to move. He can always stop by to see Mom & Dad.

Cheryl, it's going to be an adjustment for sure. Gary & Emily are moving in with Hannah & Ben, once they build. They are looking at plans with an attached suite. It's about $220 a foot now to build a house. Crazy!

Sandra, that was really thoughtful of you! 

I'm a leftie too! I cut fabric, use the rotary cutter and iron with my right hand. I do write with my left hand and everything else. We have a lot of lefties here! 

Last edited by DownSouth (8/14/2024 6:58 pm)

D e v o n n e

8/15/2024 8:48 am  #33

There was a preacher who fell in the ocean and he couldn't swim. When a boat came by, the captain yelled, "Do you need help, sir?" The preacher calmly said "No, God will save me." A little later, another boat came by and a fisherman asked, "Hey, do you need help?" The preacher replied again, "No God will save me." Eventually the preacher drowned & went to heaven. The preacher asked God, "Why didn't you save me?" God replied, "Fool, I sent you two boats!"
                                                                         ******************************
ITS A GRAY DAY HERE TODAY.  EXPECTING RAIN.  IN THE 60Sf.

CHERYL.......I MOVED IN WITH MY SON AND FAMILY AFTER MY DH PASSED AWAY.  ITS WAS GOOD FOR BOTH OF US.  EVERY CORNER AT HOME MAKE ME THINK OF MY DH AND I CRIED AND CRIED.  I NEEDED TO GET AWAY.  SO I BUILT THE MOM-IN-LAW APT IN THE BASEMENT.  WORKED OUT FOR ALL OF US.  DIL WAS ABLE TO GO BACK TO FULLTIME WORK INSTEAD OF CARING FOR KIDS AFTER SCHOOL, AND THE RENT I PAID HELPED WITH THE UTILITIES.  I WAS THERE  FOR THE GRANDS TO CHAUFFEUR THEM AND BE THERE WHEN THE GOT OUT OF SCHOOL.  SOMETIMES ITS A VERY GOOD THING.

THERESA......ALEX IS SO USED TO LIVING AT HOME HE'LL NEED TIME TO ADJUST TO BEING ON HIS OWN.  AT LEAST YOU ARE NOT TOO FAR AWAY.

MY NEIGHBOR TONY BROUGHT ME 14 MORE CHERRY TOMS.  MY VOLUNTEER PLANT IS DOING WELL AND HE'S A CHARM TO SHARE THEM WITH ME.  HE'S ITALIAN AND COOKS.  WHEN HE COOKS THE WHOLE HALLWAY SMELLS DIVINE.  HE SHARES HIS SWEETS WITH US SOMETIMES BUT NOT HIS MEALS. THAT'S PERFECTLY FINE WITH ALL OF US. SWEETS WORK.
I LOST 3 BUCKS AT BINGO LAST NITE.  ONE GAL WON AND WON AND WON.  I GUESS WE ARE TAKING TURNS AT BEING THE BIG WINNERS.  
I AM GOING TO HUNT UP A DIFFERENT SOUP OR CASSEROLE TO MAKE MY SON THIS WEEKEND.  MAYBE A CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE I FOUND ON UTUBE WILL BE ONE OF THEM.  NOT SURE YET.
I HAVE MY LAPS TO DO SO I WILL GET MOVING.  
HUGS LADIES. QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/15/2024 9:05 am)

8/15/2024 9:28 am  #34

Good Morning to everyone!!   I'm feeling pretty lazy this morning, can't seem to do anything, so will write to you briefly.  Have made my coffee and have my breakfast balls to eat, so I'll be fine.  Frank is still asleep, but I'll keep checking on him.  It is breezy outside and 60*.

Rhonda will be over after awhile, probably around noon and will go shopping after that, doubt I'll go with her, but we'll see when the time comes.  Right now, I'm feeling pretty lazy!!

The wind is blowing right now, love to see the flag flying!  Looks like it could be nice after awhile.  Well, I don't have anything to say, so will sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, BJ.

8/15/2024 10:57 am  #35

I believe that makes four of us lefties unless I miscounted.   My last comment on  this subject:  Lefties have itchier skin  than righties.  I believe it since I always have an itch, somewhere.    My other final report:  I found out the files that bit me almost two weeks ago were deer flies.  In reading up on them, it was a classic deer fly attack and I'm still having  trouble with one place on my leg even tho I've used cortisone cream for 1 1/2 weeks.  As Trish warned, bites can turn nasty.  My friend, Bobbie who was away on vacation, knew immediately when I told her.  

It's overcast and rainy here, today.  A bit chilly for the shorts I have on.  But, I always love a rainy day.  Hope to get our new glasses, today.  I tried calling but they aren't answering, yet.   Howard has a lunch date with Dave tomorrow, "unless we have to go get our glasses"...so, I'm going to try my best for today.  He needs to keep that date!!  

BJ, nice to have Rhonda's visit to look forward to or maybe even a trip to the store with her.  Either way, you win.  

We should go to the farmer's mkt.  In the opposite direction,  Howard also has Rxs to pick up at Walmart, but he hasn't mentioned that  and neither have I.   He can pick them up tomorrow when he's in town and save us or him an extra trip.  Of course, that bothers me more than it does him--the extra trip and the extra gas!  But not something to fuss over. 

Devonne,  since  they already sort of live together, that might be the best solution for all especially with the child care issues.   I had no idea what it costs per  sq. ft. now.  Howard says it was about $140 when we built this.  Then he said he wasn't sure.  I thought it was around $100, but I'm not sure!    I sent you a reply.  

It's noon here so I'd better get off here and get busy.  Seems I never do much of anything until then, each day.
Have a good one.  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (8/15/2024 11:06 am)

8/15/2024 1:21 pm  #36

Need to type fast, as my laptop needs to be charged soon.

I have three holes in my backyard near my back fence. I posted a picture of them on Next Door (neighborhood forum.) I thought it might be an armadillo making those holes, but a man said it looked like settlement holes to him. I went out yesterday and put a lot of dirt in them. Those holes go very deep! Didn't even half fill the holes...so back out this morning and they are filled now. If they becomes holes again, I'll know it's some type of animal. 

Remember my beautiful picture of my purple crepe myrtle? I went out there two days later and all the blooms were gone! Next summer I'll pay more attention to when it starts blooming and ends.

Judy, I counted 4 lefties here too. Sent you a reply.

This crepe myrtle is in the left corner and doing great. I don't know when it started blooming. I need to trim the bright yellow bushes this Fall. Greg is going to give me a battery for my hedge trimmer. Will make the work go a lot faster. Look at how pretty the sky is!

Last edited by DownSouth (8/15/2024 1:24 pm)

D e v o n n e

8/15/2024 4:03 pm  #37

Afternoon y'all! 

Indy Alex can make frozen pizza.  Boxed food, like mac and cheese.  So basic stuff.  He wants a crockpot and rice pot.  I'm good with that.  After what hubby and I spent he needs to pony up some stuff for himself.  My MIL keeps offering house stuff for him.  We will see. 

MIL goes for the MRI tomorrow.  My BIL will take her and We will go Saturday to check on her.  Also to do some work in the yard etc.  

Not much happening here.  Alex is still packing.  As he brings furniture down to take to the Condo, I dust it, top, front, sides and back!  Most of it hasn't moved in 24 years!  He still has a desk, with a bookshelf on top and his bed to go!  The bed will be the biggest pain!  All the junk under it!  AAAchoo!  Who knows what we will find!   I am looking forward to getting a room to put minimal stuff in!  I plan on a bed, a side table, and a chair.  Can't decide if it will be a rocker or the antique chair, which needs to be recovered!  It would work, so would the rocker.  Decisions, decisions.  I will probably put both, one at a time, in there to make a decision.  Minimal furniture, minimal dusting!  

I will however take over the closet.  Holiday clothes will go in there!  I am so tired of us having to haul the clothing bins up and down 2 flights of stairs, and it's heavy.  I will also have these bins to use for something else like---Fabric!!!! 

I bet you can't tell I have had plenty of time to come up with this! 

I did clean in my room some, filled a garbage can from just one corner.  How on earth did I accumulate so much junk?!?  I figured if I do a small section at a time, I can pare down what I don't need.  We will be making a St. Vincent de Paul drop, and Goodwill drop after this.  I'm done doing garage sales.  Need to dump those signs.  See if a neighbor wants them.  

I also cleaned a corner in my sewing room, found fabric!  3 jelly rolls, a layer cake, a charm pack and a panel!  I need to find some good patterns for the jelly rolls etc.  Got rid of a ton of the kids school stuff dating back to elementary school!  I do need to work on the binder collection we have.  Waiting to hear from one of Sara's friends who's a teacher in Elementary school!  If she can't use it maybe one of her cohorts can.  Most school drives have already happened here since school started during the last 2 weeks.  If I save it for next year, likely I will forget! 

I will claim a couple of them, for recipes.  I need to put, no bake desserts in one, crockpot, foil pack etc in others.  I have a plan, just need Alex gone and no interruption days to get it done!  I also need to print and file some patterns I have, so I can find them.  I have a file cabinet just for my patterns.  I need to do something with it!  Not just let it collect dust.  Sounds like a great, hubby is at work and not working from home activity!    So I have plans, just need to implement them! 

We are heading to Maine next week.  Flying.  Visiting Luke and the park, and a weekend jaunt to Boston for a baseball game!  Why not!  My mouth is watering for a lobster roll!  Heck lobster anything!   We leave here Wednesday and return the next Wednesday.  We will visit with Luke, before he goes into work and over the weekend, he's going with us to Boston! 

Nothing else exciting!  Just the waiting game for my MIL, and trying to get Alex out the door! 

Later my Friends! 

8/16/2024 8:08 am  #38

Wife: "How would you describe me?" Husband: "ABCDEFGHIJK." Wife: "What does that mean?" Husband: "Adorable, beautiful, cute, delightful, elegant, fashionable, gorgeous, and hot." Wife: "Aw, thank you, but what about IJK?" Husband: "I'm just kidding!"

ITS GRAY OUT THERE TODAY.  LOOKS LIKE RAIN.  BUT WE CAN ALWAYS USE IT.

DEVONNE......I LOVE THAT CORNER OF COLOR IN YOUR YARD.  ITS SO PRETTY AND SOOTHING.

BJ.....I, TOO, SPEND A LOT OF TIME JUST RESTING AND WATCHING TV.  IT COMES TO ALL OF US.

I PLAN TO DO SOME COOKING TODAY.  I PLANNED A BEEFY NOODLE CASSY AND THEN A CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP WITH SPAGHETTI PIECES BUT THOUGHT ITS TOO MUCH NOODLES SO WILL MAKE CHICKEN RICE SOUP INSTEAD.  I KNOW THAT'S A WINNER.
WITH LAPS AND EXERCISES AND SOME VACUUMING AND COOKING, MY DAY IS PLANNED  ENDING IT WITH TV AND READING....AND A BIT OF SOLITAIRE.  I NEED TO TOP OFF MY GROCERY LIST TO EMAIL TO MY SON LATER TODAY.  HE SHOPS TOMORROW.
HAVE A GOOD DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/16/2024 8:17 am)

8/16/2024 9:39 am  #39

Good Morning to everyone!!   It's a very dreary day here so far, it is only 60*.  No wind!  I have no plans for the day.  Rhonda is going to Costco, haven't decided if I'm going with her or not.  Have no ambition right now, so may decide to stay home.

Hope you all have a wonderful day, going to sign off now, BJ.

8/16/2024 9:56 am  #40

Sandra, that is a good one! 

My fence company came out to give me an estimate on repairing a board. It was an easy to do job, I just don't have any nails. She said I had three warped boards, would cost $200!  No thank you. Gary said welcome to the world of wood fences, lol. We met at Waffle House for breakfast. I needed to go to the UPS Store. I left my glasses at home and didn't get to go there!

Theresa, sounds like a busy weekend! I guess most mothers feel like you do and they are ready for their kids to be gone, but I wasn't like that at all. When Gary got married and left, it was different. I still had Greg at home. When Greg left, I wasn't prepared at all for the empty nest syndrome!  It was worse because he and his Dad weren't getting along. I cried for weeks, lol! 

BJ, love your weather! 

D e v o n n e

Board footera