OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/26/2024 9:07 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 23 ~ SAT JUNE 29

Trish, I’m glad Chloe can get the medical help needed! You all must be so worried! 
Sam’s Club is a warehouse store, along the lines of Costco and BJ’s. Larger quantities, bigger savings. Everything from pools to butter! We go every few months or so. I got a case 24  10 oz bottles of OJ, one of apple juice, ginger ale, butter, crackers, tissue, work gloves for Ralph, and a bunch of other stuff.

On the happy side, it’s Manda and Ben’s 14th anniversary. On the awful side, it’s the 5 th anniversary of my nephew Joe’s death. It’s still surreal.

6/26/2024 10:30 am  #22

June 26, 2024. Wednesday.  9am

Prayers and hugs  everyone..

Sorry for being gone for so long..  Just everyday stuff happening..  wake up, bathroom,  meds, snack if time, grandson comes in for a morning hugs,  time for living room time, help take care of grandson  - keep him out of things he is not suppose to be in, etc.. 

Van broke down - so for a week Till repaired grandson home all the time with the rest of us...  sometimes we wish for a slow switch, he is constantly on the go..  no downtime from at least one of us or more constantly watching him,  even 1 second of not closely watching he is into something  or making a mess..  son-in-law has ocd & anxiety and dd has lots of medical issues also, including a bad case of fibro..  she finally got on disability so that will relieve a lot of financial tension  here...  son-in-law has been going driving  - Uber eats - upto 6 days a week for 5 - 10 hours a day to help with. Utilities  and expenses, we have not been riding along, due to medical and heat issues..

I having been praying 🙏 that all of you are doing better each day..  and that you have been finding things to do daily that bring joy into your lives..

Grandson is going to daycare/school today.. maybe I will have time to sew today or cut out more bags (for shopping) to sew..  I keep changing my mind on design of them..

they got the van working yesterday..  alternator and serpentine belt, will need spark plugs soon also..

Prayers and hugs everyone..

May sunshine, joy, and love fill your lives daily..

Later..  time to catch up on some  reading of threads..

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

6/26/2024 6:37 pm  #23

This morning at 2 a.m. we were woke up by what sounded like someone moaning in our driveway. I thought I could see a shape in the driveway. I called 911, and 3 police cars were here in a few minutes. What I was seeing was a shadow from a tree. They all walked all over my yard with flashlights, saw nothing. They came in and Ralph pulled up the camera feeds, and we didn’t see anything. When I described the sound, they thought maybe fox. Later, Ralph pulled up fox sounds on you tube, and yep, it sounded the same. By then we were wired, so I was up for about an hour, and Ralph never did get back to sleep. So that was our excitement. 

6/26/2024 7:03 pm  #24

Doing okay. Last week was a week from you know where. Darrell fell twice and fortunately he wasn't hurt. He did have a UTI. Taking an antibiotic. Seems better.

Don't guess need to say I am behind in reading. Sorry. I do think of everyone. Prayers......

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

6/26/2024 8:21 pm  #25

Linda, so sorry about Darrell falling. Does he use a walker or cane? 

Diana, glad your DD was able to get on disability. Tell your SIL to check out Door Dash. They are more popular here than Uber Eats. More deliveries, more money. Also check out Amazon for doing deliveries. 

Holly, we had that same scary feeling when we heard coyotes for the first time. It's frightening. Happy anniversary to Manda & Ben. Your nephew died the same year as Billy.

This is the first time in years I have not had pain in my feet. The anti-inflammatory shot worked fast. I'm a little leery of prescriptions, this one is Diclopfenac. I always look up side effects. Not sure how I feel about taking it or if I will. 

Molly has been itching so bad. I decided to give her a medicated shampoo bath. Once wet, I could see red spots on her skin where she has been scratching. She scratched a cyst so bad it was bleeding. The vet has removed it twice, but she said they always come back. Surgery isn't recommended at her age. I'll take her to get an allergy shot if she continues to dig at her skin.

Last edited by DownSouth (6/26/2024 9:06 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/27/2024 4:15 am  #26

SAN it is nice to see you posting, a good idea not to be travelling in this heat.(((hugs))))

STRINGS I am so sorry about hubby's falls, poor guy, is he feeling OK, it's a lot for you to deal with. How are you coping ((((hugs))))

SANDRA I saw the royals with the Japanese Emperor, William towers over them, he is really tall. I'm glad you are not feeling too bad you were a bit unsteady there for a little bit, glad it seems to  have passed. I am re watching Midsomer Murders, so many great actors in those shows.

DEVONNE have you tired antihistimes for Molly, we always used Polaramine 2mg for Buddy, the vet suggested it, Buddy had terrible itches, poor little guy. I'm glad the injections seem to be working well!

HOLLY that would have been scary at night, I don't sleep well after being woken - usually wake at around 2am anyway LOL I am a really bad sleeper now, thanks for the info inseams Club, I remember using paper plates in most of the hotels there, do you use them? 

I guess that question would be for everyone, it seemed to be widespread use. We only use them here for large parties. I can cater for about 20 with plates, then I use paper, OR if it's my brothers large family I use paper, they tend to be careless with glasses and plates LOL - if it's over 20 the dishwasher runs too much, or someone is at the sink all the time.

I heard from my sis, they have sent Chloe home, she has had tons of tests, had the D &C and they wanted her out as there is so much covid in the hospital, she has to see a cardiologist in the next 2 weeks, and also her own Dr. All the reports are with the Dr now, they sent them through, we think it might be Superventricular Tachycardia, going by some of the comments, so it's possible she may need some sort of intervention, I have it, my dad did also, but not as bad as Chloe. 
I am grateful for the good thoughts, thank you ((((hugs))))

Poor Pete is so sick with 'flu, he got an appointment with Dr, I shopped this afternoon, got him some things to hopefully help, he loves soups and fruit, so got him some, as well as juices and simple things he likes to eat, he also likes to get them himself - Mr Independent - so I got him supplies of cold meats and salads, he likes to make snacks of toasted sandwiches or chicken schnitzel with salads. There will also be food I have done for us. I hope he feels better soon, the Dr gave him a script for antibiotics, but asked him to wait a day or two to see if he feels better. I am hoping to fill that script for him tomorrow, no point in waiting, he's coughing badly. 

This new computer is good, but you have to recharge the keyboard and mouse, both almost out of charge, they charge quickly from a USB on the computer, so hopefully that will last, can't even remember when I last charged them. LOL so they last a while!

I am so sore from training, I went again today, so a little less stiff after using the muscles again, had some magnesium last night, and will do again tonight! I should be fine after the next session on Saturday. 

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/27/2024 4:15 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/27/2024 8:11 am  #27

Trish, can they do an ablation for SVT? 

Paper plates for big family gatherings, not otherwise. There are some beautiful ones out there. 

Are they recommending another Covid booster in Australia? I haven’t heard yet if the US will. I think it’s going to be like the flu, and just be here forever, and a yearly booster will be available. 

A British question- are the House of Commons and the House of Lords like our senate and congress? 

6/27/2024 8:39 am  #28

ITS A BEAUTIFUL DAY HERE IN THE 70S.  LOVE THIS WEATHER.

DEVONNE......SO GLAD THE SHOT HELPED.  SOMETIMES THE AFTER AFFECTS ARE SCARY BUT FOR MOST THEY NEVER HAPPEN.  THEY HAVE TO TELL YOU IF THERE ARE ANY WITH ANY PATIENTS WHICH COULD BE VERY LOW IN NUMBER.
SORRY ABOUT POOR LITTLE MOLLY SCRATCHING HERSELF SO MUCH.  I HOPE YOU CAN GET HER SOME RELIEF.

SAN.....GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU.  I HOPE YOU GET SOME DOWNTIME FROM THE YOUNG ONE.  THEY CAN RUN US RAGGED THEY HAVE SO MUCH ENERGY.  A FEW HOURS AT DAYCARE WOULD BE A BIG HELP FOR YOU.
NICE YOUR DD WAS ABLE TO GET HER DISABILITY,.  THAT STEADY INCOME SHOULD HELP A LOT.

HOLLY......SOUNDS LIKE AN EXCITING NITE.  STRANGE NOISES AND MOVEMENTS ARE BEST INVESTIGATED.  YOU DID GOOD.

TRISH......HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND WARWICK.  I HOPE YOU HAVE SOMETHING GOOD PLANNED FOR THE DAY. 
I HAVE ABOUT A DOZEN OF THE MIDSOMER MURDER PROGRAMS SAVED ON MY DVR.  I USUALLY WATCH ONE OF THEM LATE AT NIGHT WHEN I WANT TO FALL ASLEEP.  I SEE THEM SO OFTEN AND KNOW WHAT'S COMING NEXT THAT SLEEP HAPPENS QUICKLY.
NO PARTIES FOR ME BUT I USE PAPER PLATES WHEN I TAKE SOMETHING TO A FEAST HERE, LIKE COOKIES OR CANDY.  FOR GIVING FOOD HERE I USE PLASTIC CONTAINERS.  THEY ALWAYS BRING THEM BACK WHICH IS GOOD.  
GOOD NEWS ON CHLOE I EXPECT.  GET HER AWAY FROM THE COVID WHICH COULD BE DISASTROUS.  SHE WILL GET GOOD CARE AT HOME I'M SURE.  I HOPE THEY FIND ANSWERS FOR HER SOON.
SORRY THAT PETE HAS THE 'FLU' NOW.  AND THE COUGHING.  THAT'S WHAT REALLY MESSES UP ONE'S DAY AND NITE.  I HOPE HE GETS BETTER QUICKLY.

AS FOR ME I LOST 6 BUCKS AT BINGO LAST NITE.  I ALSO NOTIFIED THEM THAT IT WAS MY LAST NITE CALLING.  IT HURTS MY NECK AND SHOULDER SOMETHING FIERCE AFTER ABOUT AN HOUR OF MOVEMENTS BACK AND FORTH.  TWO OF THE GALS WILL TAKE TURNS IN FUTURE.   IT WILL BE NICE TO BE ABLE TO JUST SIT BACK AND LOOK FOR MY NUMBERS AND REALLY ENJOY THE GAME.  

OUR YEARLY BAR-B-Q IS SCHEDULED FOR JULY 11TH.  IF THE WEATHER IS OFF THEN WE CAN HAVE IT IN OUR COMMON ROOM.  THEY CAN STILL GRILL OUTDOORS UNDER THE ROOF OVER THE PATIO.  I LOOK FORWARD TO THIS EACH YEAR.

IT LOOKS LIKE I WROTE A BOOK.  THAT'S IT FOR NOW.  BE HAPPY LADIES.  STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/27/2024 8:56 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/27/2024 9:31 am  #29

So many seem to have health issues …so I’ll just say hope you and yours are all doing well soon. 🙏🏻
Very cloudy today, hoping for rain.
I use paper plates and bowls all the time. Plastic or paper cups too.
For company? 🤔 we don’t have any.
We have to take the truck into the shop today. The front right brake has seized.

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/28/2024 8:14 pm)

6/27/2024 11:39 am  #30

Janet, there’s an old saying. If it has tires or testes, it’s going to be a problem! 

6/27/2024 12:25 pm  #31

Sandra, sorry about your bingo loss. I don't blame you for not being the number caller anymore. You will enjoy it a lot more. 

Trish, do you have ESP, lol?  Molly got her first antihistamine today. I had a hard time getting it down her. I need to go buy some hotdogs! She gets another one later today. 

It's good Chloe could get in to see the cardiologist in two weeks. Could Pete possibly have Covid instead of the flu?

I use paper plates everyday. I only use paper cups for Thanksgiving and Christmas. 

Last edited by DownSouth (6/27/2024 12:28 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/27/2024 8:30 pm  #32

Continued prayers for all who are in poor health.  Nephew had his third chemo treatment today.  I have not heard if he is tolerating it well or not.  His dad, Dean's brother, has a colostomy bag and has had it for 5 years.  He went to a new doc for a hernia and he says he can reverse the colostomy?  Bill is 74 years old, insulin dependent diabetic and a host of other health issues.  He is going to Cleveland Clinic on Friday to get the reversal.  He said he hates that bag and it is worth the risk of not waking from anesthesia.  I guess I can see his point of view.  Dean is really worried for him.

We use paper plates at family picnics or cookouts.  I keep a stack on the kitchen counter beside the stove and the grandkids will pick them up often.  Don't usually use paper or plastic cups and only use plastic utensil of a large crowd.  I really don't like the plastic utensils.  

We had a nice break in the weather today.  It was breezy and cooler and just lovely.

I was pulling some weeds in one of my flower beds near my back deck today.  I looked up and a spider was an inch from my nose!!  It was small and I think I scared it something awful as it scurried up the web and disappeared in seconds.  I don't mind spiders but I do not want one on me. 

Devonne, is that a prescription med for Molly?  I hope she gets some relief soon.  We used to give our lab Benadryl and it worked well for him.  Vet recommended it.  We think he had a mild allergy to grass, of all things.  His stomach was always red after being in the grass.

6/27/2024 9:12 pm  #33

Lynn got some very good news yesterday. Her annual mammogram showed no sign of cancer.  It has been a long year with chemo, surgery, and radiation, still taking some oral chemo. She is having a full body scan next week. When that report is good, we will finally breath a big sigh of relief.

6/27/2024 9:50 pm  #34

That is such wonderful news, Marylou! I'm praying for excellent news from the next scan! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

6/27/2024 10:19 pm  #35

Here’s a strange one. I had to sign back in to ODT, and got a notice that this site had a data breach and I should change my password, which I did not do. Do any of our moderators know anything about it? Has anyone else got that notice?

6/27/2024 11:52 pm  #36

SANDRA thank you, but I think you mixed us up with BJ & FRANK, I looked up and it's their anniversary. sorry about the loss, but goo idea to just enjoy and not do the calling, someone else can take over! I also do as you do, fall asleep to all the old episodes, as they aren't violent it's easy watching!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BJ & FRANK wishing you a wonderful year to come!

HOLLY I didn't get any messages/notifications, maybe Ashley could check, she is the sites first call I would think as the Admin, we only have moderator privileges. But we have Apple, maybe it might be something to do with Microsoft, or your internet provider?? I won't change my password, but I will change yours if you wish. I can do it for you - or you can do it yourself, PM if you want something special.

DEVONNE Ha Ha , no ESP, wish i did sometimes, hope it works as well for Molly  as it did for Buddy, we used human antihistamines, the vet recommended it, so much cheaper than the pet ones.

MARYLOU that is fantastic news, you must be so relieved!! 

CHERYL that does give you a fright, too many times when pruning I have a spider in my face LOL --  OR the web, even worse, that stuff sticks!! I know they can reverse the colostomy, my BIL had it done, not an easy op, but he wanted it done as well. he was never the same after it, but hated the bag, he had cancer as well. Best wishes to hIm!

Nothing happening here, I  hope the Mr gets home soon, he has to leave by 4pm and not home at 3.45!! 
OOPS just heard him drive in, he'll be wanting to go home early tonight, it might create a problem - for me, I was patient waiting for him all the time we went to dinner with is friends, he better be nice and patient tonight!

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/28/2024 12:08 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/28/2024 7:41 am  #37

Trish I logged out and then back in and no messages. I’m always on my iPad, and sometimes I think Apple has gremlins. 

6/28/2024 8:43 am  #38

Marylou, what wonderful news! Praying for more good news on the body scan.

Happy anniversary, BJ and Frank!

Cheryl, I got it on Amazon, 100 for $5.50. I didn't give her the second one, as she was still very drowsy. I may try giving her only 1/2 at a time. 

Holly, no problems here.

Gary left yesterday to go to Foley, Alabama to get the kids. They are with the other grandparents, who plan to stay another month or so in their RV. They are parked in her sister's yard, but they often stay at VA parks. He asked me to go, but with this sinus problem, I wasn't comfortable staying in their RV. A hotel was too expensive. 

D e v o n n e

6/28/2024 9:11 am  #39

FORGIVE ME LADIES STEERING YOU WRONG ON THAT LAST ANNIVERSARY.   YES, IT WAS BJ AND FRANK AND NOT TRISH.  ITS WRITTEN ON MY CALENDAR IN BLACK AND WHITE WITH THE RIGHT NAMES, BUT I HAD A BRAIN FREEZE AND ENTERED THE WRONG INFO FOR YOU.
SORRY BJ.  I AM WHIPPING MYSELF WITH WET NOODLES.  I HOPE YOU AND FRANK HAD A NICE DAY.

MARY LOU........THAT IS GOOD NEWS FOR LYNN.  MAY SHE BE FOREVER CLEAR OF IT IN FUTURE.

DEVONNE......I SURE HOPE THOSE MEDS WORK FOR YOUR DARLING FURBABY.  CROSSING MY FINGERS.

NICE DAY HERE.  MY PLANS ARE TO MAKE MY VEGGIE BEEF SOUP AND SOME APPLE CAKE.  MY SON WILL DROP BY TOMORROW WITH MY LUNCH.  I THINK IT WILL BE KFC, MY FAVORITE.   HE CAN TAKE SOME OF MY SOUP HOME FOR SUPPER SINCE I KNOW HE IS LEAVING FOR FLORIDA ON SUNDAY.  DOES NOT NEED TOO MUCH FOOD LEFT AROUND.
WOKE TOO EARLY TODAY TO FIRE ALARMS.  DARN IT.  SOMEONE BURNT THE TOAST.  GLAD IT WAS A FALSE ALARM BUT IS MESSED UP MY SLEEP.  I HOPE TO CATCH A NAP LATER.

ITS LOVELY HERE TODAY WITH LOW 70S TEMPS AND SUNSHINE.  HAVE A GOOD DAY LADIES.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/28/2024 9:12 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/28/2024 9:56 am  #40

Sandra, an amber alert went off on my phone at 2 a.m., scared us half to death. I hadn’t turned off the alerts on my new phone. It sounded like an air raid siren! 

I have some new blog posts up with the xs progress. I’m 88% done! 

LOL, Manda and family went camping on a lake. The first night they realized they forgot to pack puppy food! Ben had to go find a store. 

Board footera