OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/27/2024 7:00 pm  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY MAY 26 ~ SAT JUNE 1

Holly, a very happy anniversary! We were 37 days away from #53. Enjoy each other every day you can. 

Judy, I apologize for not mentioning Andrew. Everyone has to find their own way. Greg says don't quit until you have another job lined up, but give a two weeks' notice, lol. 

Last edited by DownSouth (5/27/2024 7:10 pm)

D e v o n n e

5/28/2024 9:00 am  #22

JUST CHECKING IN TO SAY GOOD MORNING.  NOTHING EXCITING HAPPENING.  ANOTHER HOT DAY HERE AROUND 80 TODAY.  STRANGE FOR MAINE.

HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS TO ALL.  QB S 

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

5/28/2024 9:34 am  #23

Good Morning, It is pouring down rain here this morning.  My helper is coming this morning, she'll be here in about a half hour.  I'm not feeling very bright this morning, but at least I'm up and about, have my makeup on and am dressed.

Hope you all have a wonderful day, got to be better than here!!!  Hope you are all feeling well, BJ.

5/28/2024 10:01 am  #24

AC still on for the humidity. We went and got haircuts, dropped off an Amazon return, and got Chick Filet for lunch. Now we’re in for the day.

Trish, I was the kid who never studied and got great grades. Then I hit the science classes in college, and had to buckle down. So I can relate! 

5/28/2024 10:31 am  #25

I've had my a/c on for about a month. I like it colder at night.

Not much happening here. Going to make an appt. with the ENT, as my ears are still popping. 

I'm going to do some random carpet shampooing later in the high traffic areas. I've put it off for weeks. 

D e v o n n e

5/28/2024 11:56 am  #26

Judy, Holly is right about companies not maintaining loyalty to their employees, so the younger generation sees no reason to stay in one position for long.  Good luck to Andrew on finding his way.  It takes some time.  I know Theresa sees her Alex struggling too. 

Happy Anniversary to Holly!  

Nothing new here except the excessive heat.  The National Weather Service issued an Excessive Heat Warning for yesterday for Houston -- the earliest ever.  Plus NOAA says this will be the busiest hurricane season ever.  I'm really not looking forward to this summer.  

Gardening early in the morning, then working on various projects and trying to stay cool.  Not terribly exciting, but I don't need much excitement at my age.  

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

5/28/2024 11:59 am  #27

No apology necessary, Devonne.  I usually don't work here from a list so about the time I think I'm done and post, I remember someone I wanted to reply to.  Oh well, next time...then next time I'm on to something or someone else.  However, like all of us, I care and pray and often have one of you one my mind just like family.

So... last evening, we tried the new Broaster chicken that's popped up in a gas station  in Westville, 3 miles from here.  They hadn't cooked any ahead due to it being a holiday and they weren't sure of customers because of the holiday, but the guy there said he'd cook me some.  And it was a disappointment.  Covered with what looked like a fried batter.  Too hard and not like the one we like that's much farther away.  Since it's a brand, I would think it'd all be the same like KFC.  And very expensive (to me).  $15.00 for 8 pieces.  Am I living in a dream world?  I suppose that is par for the course these days.  While waiting, we bopped down the road to Dollar General and I got the paper goods I need for Friday which helps out.  

Holly, how nice of your cousin to post that pic.   And of you to realize the importance of including everyone.  
For my wedding, 1st one, I had my first cousin, Ellen and his first cousin, Linda as my two flower girls.  Both their mothers, who didn't know each other but must have conferred, had their long hair done in banana curls, and they looked darling in their matching dresses.  We had no ring bearer.  No little boy in the families for that.
Do you still have your wedding dress?  Got rid of mine, that one...failed marriage, but I have the long, one I wore with Howard, a print and in style in 1978 when long dresses (we didn't know the word MAXI) were popular, like they are now.  

Better go and carry on.  We still have no house phone.  No one showed up last Friday even though we kept getting messages til 9 pm that "the technician is on his way".  Now they're supposed to come today between 1 and 5.  We'll see...
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (5/28/2024 11:59 am)

5/28/2024 5:45 pm  #28

I have had my AC on for a while too. Partly because, like Devonne, I like it cool to sleep but mostly because I have some springtime allergies that are worse with windows open.

My appointment with my cardiologist (actually his PA) this morning went OK. Everything looks good except one thing. According to the readouts from my pacemaker, I am having more episodes of A-fib and they are lasting longer. One of my meds should be controlling that better but because it isn’t she is recommending an ablation. She says it isn’t an emergency situation so they will schedule it when they can. Apparently Dr Obed has lots of surgeries coming up because the PA said it will probably be August. In the meantime, she said to continue all meds and to keep doing everything I feel like doing including going to exercise class.

5/28/2024 9:19 pm  #29

Mary Lou, can you tell when you are in afib? I’ve had two ablations, one for afib and one for flutter- one is the right side of the heart, the other is the left. They were each done same day. After the second, which was 2.5 years ago, he implanted a device under the skin that has a receiver (looks like a phone) and it sends a signal to the company. The doc gets a report once a month telling him if there was afib. I’m on eliquis to prevent stroke- does the same thing as Coumadin but I don’t need bloodwork all the time. I’m also on metoprolol, because I can’t keep my heart rate under 90 without it. I’m happy to answer any questions about the experience. The only medical advice I’d give would be to do what your doc says. They go in a vein in your groin ( I don’t know if the procedure has changed, if they can go in the arm now.) I had to lay flat for 4 hours after, which was such a pain, I had to void so bad by the end of the 4 hours!

5/29/2024 1:47 am  #30

Holly, thanks for sharing about your experiences. Yes, I can tell when I am in a-fib because my heart rate goes from my normal of 60 to upper 90’s. I have no other symptoms except tiredness if it lasts more than a few hours (one episode was 5 days). I also take Eliquis as well as carvedilol, Dofetilide, Jardiance and aldactone. As I understand it those are for BP and to help my heart beat regularly and stronger. My EF is 30-35%. They still do ablations through the groin. I know what to expect with that because I had a catheterization through the groin about 20 years ago. Kaitlyn said this is sometimes done as outpatient but I will probably stay overnight because of my age and heart condition. Although I am not scared, I do dread it even though I know it will be much much easier than the open heart valve repair I had done in 2005.

Last edited by tricia-anne (5/29/2024 5:23 pm)

5/29/2024 9:11 am  #31

This has been some week. Mr Hyde reared his ugly Sunday evening and hasn’t left, not even for a few minutes! We’re supposed to go upstate tomorrow and am dreading every minute. I’m trying to come up with an excuse, but DH says we have to go this time.
Add insult to injury, our roof is leaking near the chimney, we think. We had a roof guy here who spent over 2 hours here and told us they don’t do that kind of repair and we need a chimney guy. He came the same day and gave us a whopping estimate and said it would be about 2 months before he could do the work. 😵‍💫
I have a call out to another roofing guy. I guess I’m glad neither thinks we need a new roof. It just never ends here. DH complains about living here every day.
With regards to AFib, as Holly knows DH is always in aFib….and that’s with medication. It doesn’t stop him from jogging, etc. To him it’s an annoyance and something he has no control over…this is bad for a control freak like him.
We’ve only used the AC twice and only for a few hours each time. 🤷‍♀️

5/29/2024 9:54 am  #32

Janet, was your Facebook hacked? I messaged you, I got a friend request from you. Sorry about Mr Hyde visiting, and your leak. 

Mary Lou, I also know when I’m in afib, feels like my heart will jump out of my chest. I’ve only have 2 episodes since the second ablation. 

We went to the diner for breakfast, to the post office, and the MAC machine (ATM). 

5/29/2024 9:59 am  #33

=19.5pxGood Morning, it has been raining here, but just a tiny bit now.  Very cloudy.  I have no plans for the day and neither has Frank.  He has a Dr. appt tomorrow.  Can't believe it will be June in a few days.  My bright pink rhodie is dropping petals pretty regularly; the ground is bright pink underneath.

I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will wish you all well and hope you all have a wonderful day, BJ.

5/29/2024 11:31 am  #34

MY NEW POCKETALKER (EAR AMPLIFIER) CAME YESTERDAY.  WHAT A GREAT DIFFERENCE.  I CAN HEAR SO MUCH BETTER NOW.  I KNEW I NEEDED ONE AND DON'T KNOW WHY I KEPT PUTTING IF OFF.  I HAD THE MONEY FOR IT FOR MONTHS.
ITS BINGO NIGHT TONITE SO I CAN GO AGAIN.  I HOPE TO WIN A LITTLE BIT AT LEAST.  IT MAKES ONE FEEL SO MUCH BETTER WITH EVEN A SMALL PROFIT OKF ONLY 50 CENTS.

NICE DAY HERE TODAY.  TEMP IS 70 SO WON'T GET MUCH HIGHER IF ANY.  NITES IN THE 50S AGAIN.  ITS BEEN A VERY WARM SPRING HERE IN MAINE.

NOTHING EXCITING HAPPENING I'M AFRAID.  I HAD TO SEW A SEAM ON A PAIR OF NEW UNDERWEAR THAT WAS GIVING OUT.  I WILL MAKE MYSELF A SMALL (6") ITALIAN SANDWICH FOR A LATE LUNCH.  I MAY MAKE A PEPPER STEAK SANDWICH FOR SUPPER AFTER BINGO.  I AM READING A NICE MYSTERY BY MIRANDA JAMES, DEAD WITH THE WIND.   TWO ELDERLY (84 AND 80-YR OLD) SOUTHERN LADIES SOLVE MYSTERIES.  THEY HAVE A LABRADOODLE AND AN ABYSINNIAN CAT.  GOOD SO FAR.

I TAKE ATENELOL EVERY MORNING TO KEEP MY HEART FROM RACING.  IF I DON'T IT CAN BEAT 135 TIMES A MINUTE JUST RESTING.  IT CONTROLS THAT PROBLEM FOR ME QUITE NICELY.

THAT'S IT LADIES.  STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/29/2024 11:40 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

5/29/2024 1:42 pm  #35

Holly- thanks for letting me know and for notifying FB. They sent me an email.

Last edited by tricia-anne (5/29/2024 5:22 pm)

5/29/2024 2:43 pm  #36

Trish, are you completely better? 

Cheryl, it seems a lot of kids are overweight these days, including Carter. Not enough exercise, too much time playing video games and they eat "good" when they travel, lol. Could you get her a two piece? Maybe buy the top in a larger size than the bottom?

Janet, hopefully, it just needs new flashing. So sorry about the complaints. Maybe he will change his mind about the trip.

Gary and the kids are here. I bought ribs and he is grilling them and corn on cob. I have never grilled ribs before! All I have to make is tater tots in the air fryer.

The kids are making a tent. I showed them how to get started, gave them a flashlight & they are entertaining themselves. 

D e v o n n e

5/29/2024 5:48 pm  #37

HOLLY Happy Anniversary, I am so sorry I'm late, you are just a little behind us! My sis was our flower girl, she moaned about not being dressed the same as the bridesmaids, she wore the same as me. Sisters!!! We are so very close now, but drove each other nuts when she was little, she is 13 yrs younger!
I'll have to find a picture of our wedding group.

That's good news about your hearing help SANDRA so good you can get to Bingo, I wish you luck tonight!! I am taking your advice and resting up this week as much as possible, I'm too old to be getting sick like that and hoping to make an instant recovery!

HOLLY that was nice of you to report JANET's hack on Facebook, seems like more and more are getting hacked these days. I got a message request from someone, he said I have a nice smile - not falling for that one LOL, so easy for someone who is lonely to fall into a trap.

DEVONNE not really 100% yet, this might take a while, at least I am not coughing at night, and I am taking something to help clear my lungs. I am missing training with he girls, but there is no way I'd survive a session, maybe next week LOL

MARYLOU god to hear that you are not needing urgent help, it's good when they can put you off as non critical! I saw you take Jardiance, I thought it was something to do etc diabetes, W's sister took it for years, not sure if she still does. We don't take care of her pharmacy bill anymore. 

JANET so sorry that the Mr has appeared again, hopefully he will disappear on the trip,   how long? Will he ever be happy do you think.

CHERYL good luck finding a swim suit, seems like they are pretty skimpy for the kids these days, I saw some that would be OK for an 18yr old, NOT the 5Yr they were actually for. Finding a 2 piece is a good idea, here we can buy separates, so much better. 

I have been pottering about, got caught up on washing, wanted to give the house a good clean, get the gems out, and get all the bed linens done. 

Between that and getting the kitchen clean and Drs appointment I was tired. 
I saw the kidney guy yesterday, my function is fluctuating, I had the bloodwork/urine done hours before getting sick, he thinks it's messed with my readings. So now I need to see him again in 4 months. 

I am marking the QAYG blocks, they are going to be bumpy on the back, but can't worry about it, was only gong to be a 'see how you go quilting' exercise. I will give it away the finished, so therefore I may machine sew the joining strips instead of hand sewing as I usually do. I did one for Pete on the machine, as I knew it would be getting lots of wear and washing, it's help up well, and not really noticeable. 

I will pick up Dean today, he has exams and they leave school after the exam, so tis week it's mostly been finished by 10..45am, the Mr picked him up yesterday, they had an early lunch on the way home, I'll get him a drink, not lunch today, he'll be home before 11.30. John will probably want a drink as well, and I'll get me a coffee.

My sis was messaging us all yesterday, her dau and DDIL and Megan and me. She found that Jesus Christ Superstar is going to be in Sydney in November, so we ended up getting tickets. No idea on the cast yet, they haven't said. So I hope they are good. We have a small row of 5 (5 of us ) right near the stage, so it should be good. 

Time for me to get dressed and start my day, I have had breakfast, and read the papers. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/29/2024 7:53 pm  #38

Trish, yes, Jardiance is a med for diabetes, which I do not have.  But it has been found that it also helps the heart pump stronger in people with congestive heart failure, which I do have. Since I have been on it and some other changes were made in my meds, I feel better than I have in several years (except when I am in a-fib).

5/30/2024 9:42 am  #39

Good Morning!!  Hope everyone is feeling well.  My typing is taking me a long time as I have to correct so much of it as I go along. I guess 84 will do that to you.  I really have nothing to say this morning.  It is fairly cloudy and slight breeze, so will likely stay inside today.  Frank has a Dr. appt late this afternoon.  Rhonda is coming to go with him.  So that's nice.

Am going to sign off now, as I have nothing more to say.  Wishing you all well, have a wonderful day, BJ.

5/30/2024 10:09 am  #40

Seems like a few of us have heart issues to some degree.  I was put on one extra Metoprolol per day to slow my heart down.  Only the doc knew it was beating too fast, but I believe him.  It's amazing what they can do today for all this.  

So sorry Janet.  It's so hard and wearing to never know who will show up each day.  My Howard can be somewhat like that.  I can always tell what the day will be by the first snarky thing he hits me with in the morning.  I attribute everything to his drunken mother who changed who he was when he was a child.  Linda, his sister once said, "She ruined him"--a simple by so true statement.  If this is a visit to see your grandkids, maybe it will be worth it for you.

I'm doing well in my preparations for our small group tomorrow.  All the floors are vacuumed by the Roomba and Howard who did the sunroom, this morning.  He also mopped the kitchen/dining/bathroom, yesterday.  For that help I am truly grateful and always tell him so.  He does do a lot for me and I try to understand that he can't help the other.  He would never ever consider counseling and being a bright person, I believe would have benefited from it as I would have.   We bought an appliance that ML had and recommended to mop with and it works well and easily so that makes mopping a breeze.  I could do it, but he insists, so...

Trish, I'm sorry your debilitation from Covid is hanging on.  That seems to be the unknown about it.  What and how long?   You're so active in so many ways, I'm sure it's more than frustrating.  Feeding those boys seems to be a major activity for the Weekly's!    Hope I spelled that right?  

Need to go and carry on.  Wrote out a comprehensive list this morning for doing the things that show, first.  There's always more you can do when entertaining but some things won't show, especially with 12 people milling around in here.  I vowed I would  not drive my family nuts (and you) this time, or myself not matter what and so far, I'm on target.  Am having chicken salad sandwiches for the so-called entree. 
Indy 

Last edited by indyanny (5/30/2024 10:12 am)

Board footera